Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,775 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) (43295 Views)

Poll: Who will go through to the Semi Final?

Nigeria: 90% (169 votes)
Zambia: 9% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Zambia: CAF Under-17 Championship (3 - 1) On 21st February 2015 / Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 / Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by deb(m): 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2010
cheesy Apologies to all NL actually after Tunisia & cameroun's match i saw nigeria paired with cameroun so i left to my frnds place i was their till this morning and i never watch nor listen to news before i login to NL my earlier post was based on what was posted on SUPER SPORT3 yesterday TRUELY SORRY 4 D MIS INFO

Not to worry, even CAF made the mistake on their website after the match. It was much later in the night that it was corrected.
A few sports journalist who read the news from CAF website immediately after the match also innocently misinformed the public
based on what they saw on CAF's website before the information was corrected. CAF is a confused entity and that shameless
Issa Hayatou should resign really.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Cytosin: 2:09pm On Jan 22, 2010
beeke:

cheesy Apologies to all NL actually after Tunisia & cameroun's match i saw nigeria paired with cameroun so i left to my frnds place i was their till this morning and i never watch nor listen to news before i login to NL my earlier post was based on what was posted on SUPER SPORT3 yesterday TRUELY SORRY 4 D MIS INFO

Oh please commot. who cares?? You think we believe you in the first place? Who will believe a guy called "Beeke"?
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by jidobaba(m): 2:12pm On Jan 22, 2010
^^  grin for real, meen. who would believe a Beeke
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 22, 2010
Cytosin:

Oh please commot. who cares?? You think we believe you in the first place? Who will believe a guy called "Beeke"?

LMAO grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Katsumoto: 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2010
Cytosin:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You are a mad man. Nigerians too dey yab
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by deb(m): 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2010

You are still new on the forum and you want to develop a reputation for unruly behavior already.
You are pathetic lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by koolchicco: 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2010
Am not sure the suffer chickens can get any luckier. undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by mikeoscar: 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2010
Nigerians. you guys claim to be the giant of Africa and yet you always want the easy way out.if we claim to be good,lets meet cameroun now and prove ourselves.for how long will we continue to hide?

Emm, I am not so good with parables but they say "a toad does not run in the day time for nothing".
Among several other reasons like their records of painful wins over our best super Eagles teams through the years, here are a couple of other reasons:

1. We currently do not have a team that will be able to challenge this current Camerounian team even as weak as it is right now plus this current team don't look like they want any wahala.

2. My other reason(the main one) is that some Nigerians think that When it comes to Cameroun Nigeria, Issa Hyatou(?) has a huge influence over CAF or at least His dread seems to overshadow them.

I will never forget a particular AFCON match in Abuja when I was still in Naija where Victor Ikpeba scored a powerful goal during the penalty shoot-out and though the ball clearly crossed the line the goal was dissallowed and Cameroun went on to win the match. Issa Hyatou who was sitting in the stands with sterned face all through the match didn't smile until that moment when the refree ruled otherwise.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by ayo84(m): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2010
well i'm kind of patriotic, but if we are gonna loose to zambia @ least , let's loose on penalties
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Katsumoto: 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2010
mike oscar:

Emm, I am not so good with parables but they say "a toad does not run in the day time for nothing".
Among several other reasons like their records of painful wins over our best super Eagles teams through the years, here are a couple of other reasons:

1. We currently do not have a team that will be able to challenge this current Camerounian team even as weak as it is right now plus this current team don't look like they want any wahala.

2. My other reason(the main one) is that some Nigerians think that When it comes to Cameroun Nigeria, Issa Hyatou(?) has a huge influence over CAF or at least His dread seems to overshadow them.

I will never forget a particular AFCON match in Abuja when I was still in Naija where Victor Ikpeba scored a powerful goal during the penalty shoot-out and though the ball clearly crossed the line the goal was dissallowed and Cameroun went on to win the match. Issa Hyatou who was sitting in the stands with sterned face all through the match didn't smile until that moment when the refree ruled otherwise.

You are also forgeting the Maroc 88 final when Henry Nwosu's legitimate goal was ruled off-side while Cameroun won with a dodgy penalty. The only time Cameroun outclassed Nigeria was in 1984 the final.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by mikeoscar: 4:28pm On Jan 22, 2010
You are also forgeting the Maroc 88 final when Henry Nwosu's legitimate goal was ruled off-side while Cameroun won with a dodgy penalty.

Yes, that one too, thanks.  I really wish we would work on our fitness, tactics and psychology to be able to break the jinx even against Egypt or our incessant struggles against the North African teams.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Katsumoto: 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2010
mike oscar:

Yes, that one too, thanks.  I really wish we would work on our fitness, tactics and psychology to be able to break the jinx even against Egypt or our incessant struggles against the North African teams.

We actually have a good record against North African teams. We generally tend to lose to North African teams when they host competitions and we know why. As strong as Algeria was in the 80s, we only lost to them at Algiers 90. Until Amodu messed, we had not lost to Egypt in 47 years. We did lose to Morocco in the opening round in 2004.

With regards to the text in bold, that is probably why we could lose to Egypt and CIV in this tournamenet. Our players are not fit; Amodu seems to think that he is the Spanish Manager and his players are Spanish. Only the Spanish team play with a very slow tempo currently; but that is because Xavi and Iniesta can hold on to the ball for ever before splitting a defense with one magical pass.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by deb(m): 4:48pm On Jan 22, 2010
Am happy we are not meeting Cameroun now because any loss to them will mean I will stop
watching Nation's cup. I can't stand it even if our SE is the worst team in the world
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Obinoscopy(m): 4:52pm On Jan 22, 2010
Lets us not be deceived, Zambians are no push overs, they play fluid football
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Katsumoto: 4:54pm On Jan 22, 2010
deb:

Am happy we are not meeting Cameroun now because any loss to them will mean I will stop
watching Nation's cup. I can't stand it even if our SE is the worst team in the world

I am with you on that. My friends make fun of me when I go out of way to watch Nigerian matches even if I have to travel for hours.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by beeke(m): 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2010
jidobaba:

^^  grin for real, meen. who would believe a Beeke

our problem 4 9ja no bi only our leaders but even d lead wetin my name gaz to do with d topic wey we dey discuss person make mistake later correct himself e don become taboo chei i no fit shout and i no fit close ma mouth shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Katsumoto: 4:57pm On Jan 22, 2010
Obinoscopy:

Lets us not be deceived, Zambians are no push overs, they play fluid football

I think the Zambians are one of the best attacking teams at this tournament. There undoing is that they can't defend like teams such as CIV and Egypt. They will give us a good game but I still prefer to play them for psychological reasons. Cameroun may have lost to Gabon but they will raise their game when they meet Nigeria; they are like Ghana.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by marutimon: 4:57pm On Jan 22, 2010
If Nigeria win with Zambia they meet a depleted Ghana or Angola, Great for Nigeria, who must actually be favourites to reach the final now.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by snakova(m): 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2010
Katsumoto:

I think the Zambians are one of the best attacking teams at this tournament. There undoing is that they can't defend like teams such as CIV and Egypt. They will give us a good game but I still prefer to play them for psychological reasons. Cameroun may have lost to Gabon but they will raise their game when they meet Nigeria; they are like Ghana.
Right on. E be like say Amodu Babalawo don take am to the finals thru the back door. Angola or Ghana is far better than CIV in semis
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Iyineda(m): 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2010
I'm relieved that the SE will be facing a Zambian side without who I consider to be their best player of the tournament so far: Kalaba (suspended). That guy is a devil. He has pace, he's skillful and witty at the same time. His only flaw is his tendency to make hasty decisions.

I want to believe that M. Amodu will deploy the same team that defeated the Mambas with the sole exception being the inclusion of Martins for the Yak. With the same level of focus we had in our last match, we should be able to fly past the Copper Bullets and scale through to the semis. smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Katsumoto: 6:57pm On Jan 22, 2010
Iyineda:

I'm relieved that the SE will be facing a Zambian side without who I consider to be their best player of the tournament so far: Kalaba (suspended). That guy is a devil. He has pace, he's skillful and witty at the same time. His only flaw is his tendency to make hasty decisions.

I want to believe that M. Amodu will deploy the same team that defeated the Mambas with the sole exception being the inclusion of Martins for the Yak. With the same level of focus we had in our last match, we should be able to fly past the Copper Bullets and scale through to the semis. smiley

I would also replace Etuhu with Ayila. Etuhu is not too composed on the ball; he seems to give the ball away too often.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Iyineda(m): 6:59pm On Jan 22, 2010
Katsumoto:

I would also replace Etuhu with Ayila. Etuhu is not too composed on the ball; he seems to give the ball away too often.

True talk. I forgot about that. I would make the same replacement. Etuhu isn't agile and incisive enough. He has been okay so far, but Ayila has the edge. Kaita, with the game he had against Mozambique, is a first-team asset, no doubt.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by deb(m): 7:15pm On Jan 22, 2010
Right on. E be like say Amodu Babalawo don take am to the finals thru the back door. Angola or Ghana is far better than CIV in semis

We never beat Zambia you dey talk about Semi. My biggest problem with Nigerians. angry
Its the same psyche with our players. I just hope Zambia will not thrash us like Denmark did at the France '98 world cup
while we were already thinking of playing Brazil at the Quarter Final. That Quarter-Final has since become elusive.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Obinoscopy(m): 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2010
I just wish Amodu browses Nairaland online so he can hear Nigerians speak and take some advice
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Ikengawo: 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2010
Aloy Emeka is right

if there's any team we're afraid of we should stop wasting our countries resources and withdrawal from the competition. it doesn't make sense to be glad we're not playing hard teams when if we want to win we'll have to play the hardest one in the final
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by rasputinn(m): 9:31pm On Jan 22, 2010
I look forward to a good match and a victory as long as we maintain the same squad that beat Mozambique
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by waleski(m): 10:32pm On Jan 22, 2010
Wel d match is 3 days away nd alot of thgs can happen btw 3 days injuries nd stuff so no need 2 start celebrating bsides 4 dem 2 qualify means dat there are no pushovers
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by emekagh(m): 11:42pm On Jan 22, 2010
Ikengawo:

Aloy Emeka is right

if there's any team we're afraid of we should stop wasting our countries resources and withdrawal from the competition. it doesn't make sense to be glad we're not playing hard teams when if we want to win we'll have to play the hardest one in the final

Zambia topped their group, therefore on current form Zambia is 'harder' than Cameroon. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Obinoscopy(m): 12:30am On Jan 23, 2010
emeka_gh:

Zambia topped their group, therefore on current form Zambia is 'harder' than Cameroon. grin

Football is not mathematics. That Zambia came out tops does not mean they are the stronger or harder team
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by mikeoscar: 12:40am On Jan 23, 2010
I t will be a tough match but we will scale through if we take most of  our chances and defend our leads within minutes of scoring because the Zams are quite mobile.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by Obinoscopy(m): 1:20am On Jan 23, 2010
Based on my analysis of the polls, I discovered nairalanders faith in the Super Eagles in this ongoing Nations Cup has been immensely boosted. Initially it was on a free fall after our loss to Egypt and our poor performance against Benin, but our 3-0 thrashing of Mozambique has restored some confidence and hope of the nairalanders on the Super Chic. . .sorry Eagles

Against Egypt it was 63.4%
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362220.0.html

Then it dropped to 60.7% against Benin probably due to our loss to Egypt
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362226.0.html

It further fell to 59.3% against Mozambique due to our lack-lustre performance against Benin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-362232.0.html

But against Zambia, its presently at 94.3%! And its still rising. I think fellow nairalanders have started gaining confidence on the Super Chic. . .Eagles after they spanked the Mozambiquans 3-0

Or what do you think?
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Super Eagles Win On Penalties (Nations Cup) by FBS: 2:16am On Jan 23, 2010
. . .Let's go there. . .
UP SE! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

World Cup: France Battle Virus Outbreak Day To Final Against Argentina / Stephen Keshi's Wife, Kate Buried Today / Bongani Zungu, Scored At The AFCON With VAR, The First Player To Achieve That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.