Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko (45583 Views)

How DSS Held Oshiomhole Hostage For 8 Hours, 6 Governors Implicated / Fight Over Consensus Candidate Delays PDP Convention For 8 Hours and Counting / Nigerians Raise Over $17600 In A Day For Slain Hero Cop, Chukwudi Iboko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 12, 2017
sonofoluku:

My brother me too I wonder oh.He could av killed the remaining 3 robbers from that position.I think maybe he ran out of bullets because that is the only explanation.The police must get the armed robber who finished him off.
Or maybe his gun jammed cos he could have blasted them to hell from that window...
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Buharimustgo: 9:03am On Jun 12, 2017
Jiang:
wonderful, so all Nigerian tribes can come together like this.

Nigerian citizens are greater than the USELESS Fedral Government

They are greater than USELESS police force who ignore our fallen heroes

They are greater than USELESS zenith Bank

God bless Nigerians

There are many great Nigerians from different tribes,the problem we have with this country is the politicians from all tribes,they do things or systems that bring enmity among the different tribes,like Buhari and his advisers started the 97/5% rule that made Nnamdi KANU win many admirers of recent

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by hardbody: 9:05am On Jun 12, 2017
Nma27:
Running is for cowards. He should have used the house as a cover and shoot any thief that attempted to enter. Unless he ran out of bullets

I have held unto this view up until a few minutes ago. Guess what? the rest of the robbers would probably have sprayed him inside that tiny shelter. I assume he is rational and despite the panic of the moment, he took a step he felt was the best for his safety. He surely did not plan on committing suicide.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by ichommy(m): 9:06am On Jun 12, 2017
incredible
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 12, 2017
Efewestern:

how can we contribute to this.

the bank details of the family should be made available so interested People on this forum can show support.

God bless Nigeria.

nd bless u too nd all d gud ppl of Nigeria. Am impressed wit ds nd earnestly wish to contribute mine
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by holuphisayor(m): 9:06am On Jun 12, 2017
LoL. m waiting for our politicians to make comments like.
I donated as anonymous too. grin
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by bong4(m): 9:08am On Jun 12, 2017
greenmonk:

Nigerians are generally good. I have been drumming it into the ears of my people that those marginalising us are not outsiders but our brothers in politics.
For the past 18 years every state and LGA is run by her own citizens but we got nothing but mass looting to show for it.
The politicians only remember their tribes when they are schemed out by their counterparts and then start shouting marginlisation. None of the serving gorvernors or Lga chairmen will talk of marginalisation until they are out o f office.Those being marginalised are just me and you, the ordinary citizens, wether you are from the east, west, north or south.
Breaking up is no solution to our problem.
You are the kind of Nigerian i want to meet one day. Statemanship at its best. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 12, 2017
hardbody:

I give up on you, you know why?

Zenith Bank is a Federal Government creation by charter of incorporation. The Policeman that died serves with the Federal Force (There is no State Police in Nigeria).

I cannot reason with you. You may insult me all you can, I am done.

Sir please don't give up on me this way cry

Actually I meant to say "...outside of the SE..." you see?

Federel kini? Biafra Police was killed by 'Biafra' robbers in Biafra land. If it was otherwise. Your yoots will shout oppression and marginalisation.

Now the substance of my message to yoots this morning is that the 'afonjas' and 'abokis' who always accommodate your butts still did it supporting a biafrans who when they mess themselves up, they and Nigerians and want to go "home".

That is the message!!!
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 12, 2017
hardbody:

I have held unto this view up until a few minutes ago. Guess what? the rest of the robbers would probably have sprayed him inside that tiny shelter. I assume he is rational and despite the panic of the moment, he took a step he felt was the best for his safety. He surely did not plan on committing suicide.
When he had concrete to shield him? What about shooting from d window with his body hidden? Like let d bullets fly towards d general direction of the thieves? Dem thieves get mind sha... The driver even looks like a responsible person
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by dragonking2: 9:12am On Jun 12, 2017
NLPsychologist:

Correct!!! It's called a 'Cover'. But he got scared and ran out. One shouldn't blame him though considering na NPF him dey.
I suspect that he ran out of bullets that's why he ran out of the post.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by oyejideogunjumo: 9:12am On Jun 12, 2017
azimibraun:
What a cheering news. But I wish to ask a question; up until yesterday night. 11pm precisely there is still an argument going on about the true state of the police officer. Some say he is alive but lost an eye other say he is dead and gone. I am very confused about it. A picture of him was posted on hospital bed but no picture of his burial. What is truly going on? I want the official statement of the police made public. Some people want to contribute but they are not sure. That is according to what I have been seeing especially on NL.
They were three.He died the following day or two days after.
The second died a month or two after.
The third was hit in the eye and needs N2ml for brain and eye surgery.
But iboko who died second day due to injury he sustained was the bravest.Not only that his five year old boy died why he was being buried due to shock.
He left seven children but one died remaining six for the poor woman to cater for.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by scopenatty07: 9:13am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

But what makes him leave the post where he had enough cover for himself and adequate advantage to kill those thieves is what I still don't get.

He shouldnt have left his cover tho but I think he wouldn't still make it with 4 gallant robbers. His cover was to kill more not to escape the death. He died to challenge police officers and I think his death should facilitate proper training for our officers in the case of open fire
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Lilimax(f): 9:14am On Jun 12, 2017
intruxive:
We are great together, afonja just raised money to support slain IPOB family, with happiness.
Yet someone wants you to believe everyone else is evil, smh angry
Honestly! We Nigerians are great people just that the politicians are dividing us embarassed
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by ItzWonderz(m): 9:15am On Jun 12, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
Eiyaa.
I fell like crying..

Se below shaa..

I use God beg u,,go borrow sense abeg
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 12, 2017
dragonking2:
I suspect that he ran out of bullets that's why he ran out of the post.

With just about 5 shots? Those guys dat carry extra Mags with cellotape?
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by ItzWonderz(m): 9:19am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

But what makes him leave the post where he had enough cover for himself and adequate advantage to kill those thieves is what I still don't get.

No 1 lesson wen facing an opponent in combats,, Never ever face an opponent from a place with not less dan 2 exits
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by silkytouch(m): 9:20am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

Fear, Panic, Chaos! Sporadic gunshots.
He might have thought there were 10s of them and given that he just downed of them, flight becomes a reasonable option, lest they all descend on him there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by intruxive(m): 9:21am On Jun 12, 2017
hardbody:

This guy here is one of the IMPS we are talking about.
And you must be one of the empty skull bbowing down to kanu in those pix grin
U r less than am imp, imps are more intelligent than you guys
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Babaloko02(m): 9:21am On Jun 12, 2017
Bravo! Nigerians have got good hearts. policemen should learn a vital lesson from dis, it is this same Nigerians u maltreat daily dat have now come to rescue your colleague's family even when the police force and zenith bank have neglected them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by enuelsmith: 9:23am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

Those guys are not well equipped, he might have considered the number of bullets left in the magazine, the fear of it been exhausted should have prompted him to leave the spot and escape for his dear life.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by ephi321(f): 9:24am On Jun 12, 2017
NLPsychologist:
Yet some Igbo ingrates won't see this.

There always will be that one person that will poison even a good thread. Applause.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by hardbody: 9:24am On Jun 12, 2017
NLPsychologist:

[s]Sir please don't give up on me this way cry

Actually I meant to say "...outside of the SE..." you see?

Federel kini? Biafra Police was killed by 'Biafra' robbers in Biafra land. If it was otherwise. Your yoots will shout oppression and marginalisation.

Now the substance of my message to yoots this morning is that the 'afonjas' and 'abokis' who always accommodate your butts still did it supporting a biafrans who when they mess themselves up, they and Nigerians and want to go "home".

That is the message!!![/s]
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by emerged01(m): 9:25am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

I thought of it too but I,later realized he might be running out of bullets.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by pythonkid(m): 9:28am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

oga now you've stupidly ask the question, so kindly wait for the dead man to answer it.. You're stupid
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by 989900: 9:29am On Jun 12, 2017
greenmonk:

Nigerians are generally good. I have been drumming it into the ears of my people that those marginalising us are not outsiders but our brothers in politics.
For the past 18 years every state and LGA is run by her own citizens but we got nothing but mass looting to show for it.
The politicians only remember their tribes when they are schemed out by their counterparts and then start shouting marginlisation. None of the serving gorvernors or Lga chairmen will talk of marginalisation until they are out o f office.Those being marginalised are just me and you, the ordinary citizens, wether you are from the east, west, north or south.
Breaking up is no solution to our problem.

And most of us are just sadly too blind to see it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by jimb(m): 9:30am On Jun 12, 2017
abeg how dem take raise the money, make I no weather I go put my own.. the man try shaa.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 12, 2017
So touching...
Kudos to our Naija people cool
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by whizzler: 9:33am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

Bros movies and real life gun duels are two different ball games entirely
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by MONITZ: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2017
[quote author=felixomor post=57431838]Wow.
Great.
Good people. Great Nation

**Modified**

With good hearts but useless, wicked and heartless leaders.

Bt wait oh, who is going to disburse the fund, I hope the police leadership and the man's extended family won't be involved?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by IFNOTGOD(m): 9:39am On Jun 12, 2017
basty:
I hate Zenith Bank after Union Bank. Union Bank was once the biggest bank in Nigeria. Big, strong and unreliable. I saw it then that the Bank will collapse with their staff attitude (zero customer relations).
Zenith Bank is gradually slipping into same direction. There have been series of complains about their staff attitudes.
RIP to the slain cop. Thanks to all kind hearted contributors to the fund. God bless you all.

Wat has union bank got to do wit dis new try to visit their branches now
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Solmax(m): 9:41am On Jun 12, 2017
finalboss:

I don't understand the website.. can you put me through. (zip code)
put any 6- digits as zip code or google zip code for Nigerian states and copy Ur location zip number

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ajimobi Leaving Oyo Government House After Handover (Photo) / Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General / The Facts About Norsemen Kclub: Why Evans Bipi Is Not A Norseman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.