Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,535 members, 7,823,325 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko (45653 Views)

How DSS Held Oshiomhole Hostage For 8 Hours, 6 Governors Implicated / Fight Over Consensus Candidate Delays PDP Convention For 8 Hours and Counting / Nigerians Raise Over $17600 In A Day For Slain Hero Cop, Chukwudi Iboko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by missyadorable(f): 10:12am On Jun 12, 2017
wait! 6 children? How much was his salary? Poor people and wrong choices
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by illuminaty(m): 10:16am On Jun 12, 2017
Conner44:

If you've ever been in a gunfight you would never say this.

Do you know what it means to be cornered in the line of gunfire? Bullets are not slow and do excessive damage.

Assuming he stayed in that gateman house he would have died at that spot
....I can only accept DT he was running out of bullets dts y he ran out....if not watch d video again....d guy d gallant police office killed initially couldn't tell which part of d office d officer was...before he knew it,he was gunned down....DT to me was going to b an advantage to d police officer to lay in wait n TK Dem out one by one .....infact dose robbers won't even go near DT security post cos dey r scared of the unknown....either ways,I rate d gallant officer very very high!....my God comfort his family
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by iwatch: 10:16am On Jun 12, 2017
joe4real12:

How can one contribute to the fund? How do we ensure there is no interference by his relatives?
goto Gofundme.com and search for it. you will be able to donate.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by olapink: 10:19am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

But what makes him leave the post where he had enough cover for himself and adequate advantage to kill those thieves is what I still don't get.
me too no understanding. .. he should have stayed there and kill them all... but what is really making Nigeria's join the police force? after all the many stories of abandoning of families of officers who die in action, people still go and join... God help us. ..
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by 9itewolf(m): 10:21am On Jun 12, 2017
amuokuko:
God bless Nigerians with good heart...

United we conquer...
UNITED we CONQUER

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by 9itewolf(m): 10:22am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

But what makes him leave the post where he had enough cover for himself and adequate advantage to kill those thieves is what I still don't get.
could be due to limited bullets bro
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:29am On Jun 12, 2017
azimibraun:
What a cheering news. But I wish to ask a question; up until yesterday night. 11pm precisely there is still an argument going on about the true state of the police officer. Some say he is alive but lost an eye other say he is dead and gone. I am very confused about it. A picture of him was posted on hospital bed but no picture of his burial. What is truly going on? I want the official statement of the police made public. Some people want to contribute but they are not sure. That is according to what I have been seeing especially on NL.
I went to that bank to make a deposit on the day before the robbery. There were 3 policemen stationed in the bank on that day. From what I read here on Nairaland, 1 got a gunshot wound on the eye, one was killed and the other was unhurt
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by micflo28(m): 10:30am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

But what makes him leave the post where he had enough cover for himself and adequate advantaoge to kill those thieves is what I still don't get.
. In every bank, an escape route in times of trouble is through the back of the bank. I have been there before and I know. He was more at risk by not moving, he could exhaust his bullets and two against one no bullet is no joke. Head or tail he tried to stay alive. RIP to him.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by huntax(m): 10:30am On Jun 12, 2017
Tyche:

The picture of the one on the hospital bed is that of his colleague; there were two other police men aside Iboko on duty at the same time. Where those two were and what they did is another story in itself.
If you watch the extended vid,one of the officers came out to buy something by the gate, leaving just 2 in the room. If u also notice,there were two shots coming out of the room. The robber that got killed first went to shoot the first guard (I'm sure he didn't know they were two),so after injuring that guard,he wanted to go in and finish the job but met his fate when the other officer shot him at close range.
Now the officer probably fidgeted at the sight of his injured colleague and tried to make a run for it and get some cover before being hit as he ran past the other robber. The guard still shot at the robbers as they entered the car to leave,but he probably got weak or ran out of bullets (he was apparently badly injured too).
Glad they caught 2 out of the 3. But the guy in white,who confidently strolled out,I still don't know if he's dead or at large.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Chyxki: 10:31am On Jun 12, 2017
Wow..really happy for this.

Good job fellow Nigerians...still believe!!!
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Ajiowe: 10:31am On Jun 12, 2017
MAY GOD ALMIGHTY REPLENISH ALL THE PURSE OF THOSE WHO GAVE DONATIONS TO THE FAMILY OF THE SLAIN GALLANT POLICE OFFICER IN JESUS NAME.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by fabulouskeem(m): 10:32am On Jun 12, 2017
9itewolf:
could be due to limited bullets bro

my brother dis ain't a movie. do you know AK47 gun's are so powerful that it goes through the wall n still kill and that post is very small if he had stayed believe me it would have be worst for him because he just drop one of the thieves..assuming the door is bullet proof now na real advantage for him..so his decision to leave is the best choice to defend himself but unfortunately he lost his life. ..RIP to him

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by tabaski: 10:32am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.
He cannot stay in there with no enough ammo and face the robbers with more than enough ammo. He had to take a safer cover but he unfortunately lost it. NPF counts bullets for the officers

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by francisbiz: 10:33am On Jun 12, 2017
felixomor:
Wow.
Great.
Good people. Great Nation
Good people! -Yes.
Great nation. - No no no!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by 9itewolf(m): 10:34am On Jun 12, 2017
fabulouskeem:

my brother dis ain't a movie. do you know AK47 gun's are so powerful that it goes through the wall n still kill and that post is very small if he had stayed believe me it would have be worst for him because he just drop one of the thieves..assuming the door is bullet proof now na real advantage for him..so his decision to leave is the best choice to defend himself but unfortunately he lost his life. ..RIP to him
u re right..... Cos dat1 sef dey

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by sshalom(m): 10:40am On Jun 12, 2017
We are a great people who have been grossly misled by rascals in the garb of leaders!
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 12, 2017
ephi321:

It's called ignorance, and there is nothing funny about it. Save your sensitization for other threads, not here. This is a family who just lost their breadwinner, father and husband. Let's have some respect.

Who is funnying with you? because am laffing abi undecided

This my friend is the perfect place to make them see a difference on their stupid perception about the tribes they insult angry
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Christaks(m): 10:59am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

Fear my broda...fear or...

Besides, no1 knws...it was reported dt thy were 2 other police men inside dt room dt sustained bullet injuries.
If u watched d video u cld see d robber b4 he was shot, he went to d side of d room, mayb thrs a window thr (that enabled him to shoot at d 2 other police men)
So mayb as he cldnt get a clearer shot at dis brave police officer or jst to confirm he got all of dem, he tried entering d room......suddenly..BOOM.

He tried escaping since he taught d room was not safe enough....

Jst mayb..

Mayb he escaped ....no video or pics of him yet..
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by YelloweWest: 11:00am On Jun 12, 2017
mekyno777:

seriously? Why na, they no need moni again.
May be its all dis mastercard/visa stuff or are u nt in nigeria?
I'm on Nigeria o. But I think it's my bank.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by ephi321(f): 11:01am On Jun 12, 2017
NLPsychologist:

Who is funnying with you? because am laffing abi undecided

This my friend is the perfect place to make them see a difference on their stupid perception about the tribes they insult angry

??

I rest my case. It's your cup of tea.
cheers
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by mechanics(m): 11:06am On Jun 12, 2017
wow, that's nice, she can now eat good food and pay her children's school fees, but the police officer worked for, no try at all.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Guyman02: 11:07am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

A small security post did not give him enough cover and there was no back exit, he took out the guy looking for him and dashed out but unfortunately, the guy he missed when he shot at the car got him and came down and fired multiple close shots directly at him.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 12, 2017
ephi321:

??

I rest my case.

Rest Well Ma'am.

It's your cup of tea.

...and am sharing with ipob yoots.

cheers

...to a sensitized ipob generation.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by texazzpete(m): 11:16am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

Because - unlike you - he's trained and savvy enough to know that that gatehouse was a deathtrap. Had he remained there, death was a certain fate. Why stay where you can be cornered and shot like a rat if your ammo runs out? Also figure in the great risk from ricocheting bullets.

Additionally, he had no way of knowing if the crooks came with explosives.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by mavinc4u(f): 11:22am On Jun 12, 2017
fairfora:
I did a simple statistics of those who have donated sop far. It's amazing to see that Yorubas constituted up to 70 % of the donors, followed by the Niger-delta and the rest. Does it mean truly that the this is more compassionate in Nigeria? The family the money is going into is not even yoruba. Does it mean the Igbos are nonchalant? I wonder how they would run their country if eventually they get one.

Stop this nonsense for once and borrow some sense. I really do not know how you saw the names of donor but let me tell you something that you and your fellow Tribal bigot did not know. Your people are more in number online because that is where they eat from but igbos don't do online stuff so they are more in off line stuff because that is where they eat from. You guys donated online, do you know how much that was donated off line? Your type irritates me. Every time a topic is raised, there must surely be someone to constitute nuisance as well by comparing tribe with another.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Turbocharged: 11:34am On Jun 12, 2017
idu1:
RIP sir.

The moment I saw him run out of that post, I know he has made a very big tactical mistake. He had advantage to take down three of them, and maybe arrest the one behind the vehicle.
Anywy, he is still a brave guy.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by cosade(m): 11:38am On Jun 12, 2017
joe4real12:

How can one contribute to the fund?

See my suggestion here:
https://www.nairaland.com/3854569/nairalanders-lets-donate-late-sergeant

joe4real12:

How do we ensure there is no interference by his relatives?
The total contributions can be channeled into a Trust Fund for the purpose of part funding the education of the deceased's children.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by onatisi(m): 11:47am On Jun 12, 2017
Blogtrovert:

I've been reading following this stoey all this while but this particular post of yours gave me an imagery of it all and that made me shed a tear...
My sister it is really sad. the remaining 4 robbers would have entered the police post and sprayed him to death. Lets not forget that he may not even have enough bullets. As you can see the robber he shot was entering the place to kill him . His death may have been avoided if the nation has standard quality medical system
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 12, 2017
texazzpete:

Because - unlike you - he's trained and savvy enough to know that that gatehouse was a deathtrap. Had he remained there, death was a certain fate. Why stay where you can be cornered and shot like a rat if your ammo runs out? Also figure in the great risk from ricocheting bullets.

Additionally, he had no way of knowing if the crooks came with explosives.

Explosives? Haba.
But I agree he made the right decision to make a run for it. These robbers move with enough ammo for a small army.
Pains me that the policemen couldn't even tag any of the robbers when they offloaded on the car initially. Nothing like jazz - so were their rifles wrongly calibrated or what? Even the robber-driver came down sauntering while bullets were flying by his side. Unbelievable.
Re: Nigerians Raise Over N2M In 8 Hours To Honour Slain Hero, Sergeant Iboko by onatisi(m): 11:49am On Jun 12, 2017
Turbocharged:

The moment I saw him run out of that post, I know he has made a very big tactical mistake. He had advantage to take down three of them, and maybe arrest the one behind the vehicle.
Anywy, he is still a brave guy.
dont worry,when it gets to ur turn , stay in one place and take them down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"I'm Calling This Result Under Duress" - Prof Ibeabuchi Declares Okorocha Winner / Igboho Wept Like A Child, His Wife Was Crying Too - Lawyer / #osundecides2022: Jubilation In Osogbo As PDP Wins Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.