Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,067 members, 7,953,261 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:11 PM

Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them (4881 Views)

What Is That Thing That Naija Men Do That Turns You Off Completely? / Naija Men And White Women / Naija Men And Ugly White Babes!why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by aloyemeka2: 6:35am On Jan 23, 2010
Hate them, love them, it doesn't change their high rate of their demand worldwide.

Naija chics, could this be the case of a prophet not being honored in his homeland?. Why don't Naija chics value and hold their men to such high esteem like their foreign counterparts.

Finally, what do Naija men possess that make them a hot item in the husband market for many foreign women?. What do these women see in them that Nigerian women cannot see?[Especially, Ghananian, Senegalese , Sierra Leonian and Malian women, they go bananas for Naija men]
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by nguage(m): 6:49am On Jan 23, 2010
I think the whole boy/girl war thing on this forum is mostly something of an inside joke. I'm pointing out the obvious here but only a few Nigerian girls really think Naija guys are ugly and vice-versa.

To those few who really think this way: If Nigerian women are beutiful, how are they having ugly sons? If Nigerian men are cute, how are they having ugly daughters
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by aloyemeka2: 7:03am On Jan 23, 2010
n-guage:

I think the whole boy/girl war thing on this forum is mostly something of an inside joke. I'm pointing out the obvious here but only a few Nigerian girls really think Naija guys are ugly and vice-versa.

To those few who really think this way: If Nigerian women are beutiful, how are they having ugly sons? If Nigerian men are cute, how are they having ugly daughters

Lol, nice one. wink wink
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by oyinda3(f): 7:04am On Jan 23, 2010
to be honest, nigerian men tend to be the most flamboyant and woman wrapper-ish and a lot of women, esp the young ones, tend to like the "bad boy" appeal for some reason.

Why don't Naija chics value and hold their men to such high esteem like their foreign counterparts.

to answer your question, it is because naija women know them inside out. we know that they are sweet talkers and not to be believed or trusted too much. these other naive girls mostly don't know that and most of the time end up being hurt. i'm sure there are many "nigerian men" topics and stories created here on NL by these hurt and heartbroken foreign women to prove my point.

so just because a cake looks good doesn't mean it tastes good.

and naija women definitely do value naija men. but no we won't put u on the high pedestal that u seem to feel u have a right to. mba lol
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by aloyemeka2: 7:12am On Jan 23, 2010
oyinda.:

to be honest, nigerian men tend to be the most flamboyant and woman wrapper-ish and a lot of women, esp the young ones, tend to like the "bad boy" appeal for some reason.

to answer your question, it is because naija women know them inside out. we know that they are sweet talkers and not to be believed or trusted too much. these other naive girls mostly don't know that and most of the time end up being hurt. i'm sure there are many "nigerian men" topics and stories created here on NL by these hurt and heartbroken foreign women to prove my point.

so just because a cake looks good doesn't mean it tastes good.

and naija women definitely do value naija men. but no we won't put u on the high pedestal that u seem to feel u have a right to. mba lol

Sweet talking is engraved in every man's DNA. Their ability to control it is what is at stake here and it's not peculiar to Naija men. Women love sweet stories and detest bad news so, men use to pattern to wire themselves into the nucleus of their heart. No woman wants to hear " hey babe, I don't have a job right now but my future is bright, trust me". I don't know about the most of the time part. If the success rate of these unions are very small, why do these women flock around them?. 70% of relationships come by referral and these foreign women are referred to Naija men by their relations or the like.

Why do you think they are naive by the way? 
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by oyinda3(f): 7:23am On Jan 23, 2010
If the success rate of these unions are very small, why do these women flock around them?

lol like i said, bad boy appeal is very strong. if you are used to guys being "boring" and u find the "cool"one that sweet talks u day and night, calls u all the time etc you will of course be attracted, and if ur friends warn u or if u see all the signs that says "this is too good to be true" you will ignore those and want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sweet talking is engraved in every man's DNA. Their ability to control it is what is at stake here and it's not peculiar to Naija men. Women love sweet stories and detest bad news so, men use to pattern to wire themselves into the nucleus of their heart. No woman wants to hear " hey babe, I don't have a job right now but my future is bright, trust me".

no there are guys that don't sweet talk like that. there are very honest and hard working good men who don't have time for excessive flirting and such but generally the women find these type of men "boring" so they look past him and instead focus on the sweet talking liar. of course the success rate of such a union will be small but the women will flock around him anways because they believe his sweet talks and lies aka "you are the apple of my eyes i can't live without u" hahah until their eyes open
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by oyinda3(f): 7:25am On Jan 23, 2010
check these links out. i stumbled on them and found them to be quite enlightening esp. on the reputation of naija men abroad. make sure to read the second link.

open letter to zimbabwe men:
http://www.zimdaily.com/news/chipo27.7144.html

open response to zimbabwe women:
http://www.zimdaily.com/news/zimbo27.7184.html
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by dayokanu(m): 7:36am On Jan 23, 2010
The secret is that Nigerian guys have style compared to other African guys.

You dont see a Naija guy wearing red and yellow jeans and hardly do you see us trying to be rastafarian like other African guys.

Most of us are very refined and with the reputation of Nigerian men (sexually) its only being natural.

We grew up in Naija which makes us hard and thoroughbred

1 Like

Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 23, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Hate them, love them, it doesn't change their high rate of their demand worldwide.

Naija chics, could this be the case of a prophet not being honored in his homeland?. Why don't Naija chics value and hold their men to such high esteem like their foreign counterparts.

Ehrrrm yawwn. Maybe because its the same reason they dont hold us to any esteem. Familiarity breeds remorse, change is exotic. . . .

But I loff naija men anytime anyday kiss kiss Still doesnt mean I have to take y'all craps
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by madlady(f): 7:45am On Jan 23, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Finally, what do Naija men possess that make them a hot item in the husband market for many foreign women?.

shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by aloyemeka2: 7:46am On Jan 23, 2010
oyinda.:

check these links out. i stumbled on them and found them to be quite enlightening esp. on the reputation of naija men abroad. make sure to read the second link.

open letter to zimbabwe men:
http://www.zimdaily.com/news/chipo27.7144.html

open response to zimbabwe women:

Their girlfriends will never find themselves in a similar situation to those represented in Chipo’s letter. They were raised in this country and did not experience any culture shock. They have never at any time thought it was special to be with a Nigerian man or any other nationals for that matter. [/b]http://www.zimdaily.com/news/zimbo27.7184.html

When I arrived in the United Kingdom six years ago the social landscape was very different from what it is now. No sane Zimbabwean woman would seriously look twice at their own men despite the fact that they were well educated, professionally trained and well mannered men.

Most of our women were inexplicably preoccupied and others overwhelmingly so by the extravagant and conniving pomp and fanfare often showered on them by the West African men they forgot they would one day want to get married.

[b]They forgot this pampering was just a short lived means to a selfish end for these crooks of men
. No offence meant to our Nigerian brothers, in fact to the contrary they were so good at what they did to our women they left a whole generation of them desolate they still do not know exactly what hit them. How sad.

Is this guy not a bad belle Zimbabwean humanoid who was looking for the slightest opportunity to yab Naija men for oppressing him before the women from his own village?
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 23, 2010
madlady:

shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin Why couldnt you just ignore the "Naija men possess that make them a hot item in the husband market for many foreign women" Like I did? grin
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by aloyemeka2: 7:51am On Jan 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Ehrrrm yawwn. Maybe because its the same reason they dont hold us to any esteem. Familiarity breeds remorse, change is exotic. . . .

But I loff naija men anytime anyday kiss kiss Still doesnt mean I have to take y'all craps

They don't? Really?. Why aren't Naija women as hot as Naija men in the eyes of internationals?. According n-gauge, same DNA, same lineage but market value in the eyes of foreigners vary greatly by gender.
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by madlady(f): 7:52am On Jan 23, 2010
FL Gators:

grin grin grin grin Why couldnt you just ignore the "Naija men possess that make them a hot item in the husband market for many foreign women" Like I did? grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 23, 2010
aloy-emeka:

They don't? Really?. Why aren't Naija women as hot as Naija men in the eyes of internationals?
Who said we're not?
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by madlady(f): 7:55am On Jan 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Who said we're not?

TRUE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by aloyemeka2: 7:55am On Jan 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Who said we're not?

Since when?. You can't compare the rate at which international women desire for a Nigerian husband to the rate at which international men desire for a Nigerian wife. Are you not living in America?. How many African American men holla at you for better for worse apart from those who call you 'shortie' here and there to see if they will get lucky by chance?. Compare that to the rate at which African American women flock around Naija men and tell me what you've noticed.

How many Caucasian, Asian, Latino, Arabian, etc men holla at Naija women for some genuine love?. Compare that to the ratio of women from other races who feel Naija men.
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by dayokanu(m): 7:57am On Jan 23, 2010
We have the swag simple.

A Naija girl wont easily date a non Nigerian but other African girls would readily date a Naija guy

Compare that to the rate at which African American women flock around Naija men and tell me what you've noticed

You tell them
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by madlady(f): 7:59am On Jan 23, 2010
dayokanu:

We have the swag simple. tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by dayokanu(m): 8:00am On Jan 23, 2010
Madlady abi na lie?

Would you date a guy from Burkina Faso or Burundi?
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by madlady(f): 8:03am On Jan 23, 2010
dayokanu:

Madlady abi na lie?

Would you date a guy from Burkina Faso or Burundi?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 23, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Since when?. You can't compare the rate at which international women desire for a Nigerian husband to the rate at which international men desire for a Nigerian wife. Are you not living in America?. How many African American men holla at you for better for worse apart from those who call you 'shortie' here and there to see if they will get lucky by chance?. Compare that to the rate at which African American women flock around Naija men and tell me what you've noticed.

How many Caucasian, Asian, Latino, Arabian, etc men holla at Naija women for some genuine love?. Compare that to the ratio of women from other races who feel Naija men.
If I put down a number, I'd be lying. If I said "a lot", you and NL would think I'm narcississtic. . . . . so no comment cool

ROTFLMAO, flock around who? lolol The Nigerian men here dont even get a second look of admiration from non-nigerian here. I'm still trying to understand where the notion that Nigerian men are highly favored by foreign women came about undecided

Ae you guys so happy that you're getting starred at by Asians in an Asian nation where their men is 2-3 inches? Because in a nation where AA men plenty, I dont think they'd still not mind the potbelly, red eyes, stank breath, ati bee bee lo.
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by dayokanu(m): 8:08am On Jan 23, 2010
Gators,

Most AA guys dont even have a job and leech on their women. The working class AA women find it difficult to live with a guy who they feed, clothe who end up beating them up regularly cheating and stealing from them.

A Naija guy has too much pride and sense of responsibility for this.

If every Naija guy desires an Akata wife that would be the easiest thing to get.
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by aloyemeka2: 8:10am On Jan 23, 2010
FL Gators:

If I put down a number, I'd be lying. If I said "a lot", you and NL would think I'm narcississtic. . . . . so no comment cool

ROTFLMAO, flock around who? lolol The Nigerian men here dont even get a second look of admiration from non-nigerian here. I'm still trying to understand where the notion that Nigerian men are highly favored by foreign women came about undecided

Ae you guys so happy that you're getting starred at by Asians in an Asian nation where their men is 2-3 inches? Because in a nation where AA men plenty, I dont think they'd still not mind the potbelly, red eyes, stank breath, ati bee bee lo

Just compare the number of African American women + Naija man relationship and African American man + Naija woman relationship and draw your conclusions. No need being sarcastic here but it's like foreign men rarely find Nigerian women attractive enough to marry them and that is a fact.

Use yourself as an example and tell the truth, how many AA men dey holla you genuinely and compare to your brothers' relationships with AA women.
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by madlady(f): 8:11am On Jan 23, 2010
dayokanu:

Gators,

Most AA guys dont even have a job and leech on their women undecided undecided undecided

If every Naija guy desires an Akata wife that would be the easiest thing to get  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 23, 2010
dayokanu:

Gators,

Most AA guys dont even have a job and leech on their women. The working class AA women find it difficult to live with a guy who they feed, clothe who end up beating them up regularly cheating and stealing from them.

A Naija guy has too much pride and sense of responsibility for this.

If every Naija guy desires an Akata wife that would be the easiest thing to get.

That's a stereotype cool cool

Nowadays, Naija men being responsible is now to question. Too much ogbologbo lying around. undecided
Na condition dey make crayfish bend
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by aloyemeka2: 8:14am On Jan 23, 2010
Also, Ghananian women are the worworest women from West Africa yet they score more international men than Nigerian women. What does that tell you?. Could it be that Nigerian women have a peculiar attitude that scare foreigners away even though they are beautiful?
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 23, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Just compare the number of African American women + Naija man relationship and African American man + Naija woman relationship and draw your conclusions. No need being sarcastic here but it's like foreign men rarely find Nigerian women attractive enough to marry them and that is a fact.

Use yourself as an example and tell the truth, how many AA men dey holla you genuinely and compare to your brothers' relationships with AA women.
Yea, thanks to green card. . . . hehehe. Keep carrying desperate akata women around.And you wonder why their men left them for you for while girls.

As I told you, I dont keep numbers of AA men that holla at me. I dont see it as an accomplishment enough to record. If "a lot" is not enough to satisfy your curiosity, then too bad cool
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by aloyemeka2: 8:17am On Jan 23, 2010
FL Gators:

ea, thanks to green card. . . . hehehe. Keep carrying desperate akata women around.And you wonder why their men left them for you for while girls.[/b]

As I told you, I dont keep numbers of AA men that holla at me. I dont see it as an accomplishment enough to record. If "a lot" is not enough to satisfy your curiosity, then too bad cool

Are you saying AA women flock around your brothers because they desire to help your brothers with green card?
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 23, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Also, Ghananian women are the worworest women from West Africa yet they score more international men than Nigerian women. What does that tell you?. Could it be that Nigerian women have a peculiar attitude that scare foreigners away even though they are beautiful?
Sir, your statements and "i.e"s are filled up unconfirmed "evidents and stats", something we all call opinionated statements.
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 23, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Are you saying AA women flock around your brothers because they desire to help your brothers with green card?
I'd like it very much if you do not get personal with me. Thank you
Re: Naija Men: Love Them/hate Them by aloyemeka2: 8:19am On Jan 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Sir, your statements and "i.e"s are filled up unconfirmed "evidents and stats", something we all call opinionated statements.

Typical Nigerian. Their allergy to the truth is appalling. They'd rather point fingers at their neighbors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is Your Fantasy? / Marrying My Age Mate. Right/wrong? / What A Wierd Question From Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.