Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) (40676 Views)

Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic / Bank Robbery In Igarra, Edo State, Today (Graphic Photos) / Man Found Dead In Port Harcourt, Rivers State Today. Do You Know Him? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by BiggyBamBam: 10:52am On Jun 15, 2017
In 2003, I spent some days with a friend who had license for his Rifles (About 6).
I already knew how to use a gun cos he taught me.
NEPA took light and we decided to pass the night on his veranda however we we not asleep but was just passing our time.
Suddenly, we saw a robber scale his fence.
It was dark and we were just looking at him. He looked around and beckoned on his 2 other fools to come inside.
By this time, we already cocked our Rifles and waiting. When we saw that the 3 of them were already in the compound, we opened fire!!!
The greatest news was that the 3 of them were gasping for breath in preparation for their death then we called the Festac Police who came in about 10 minutes.
We were hailed as Hero's!!!

So go to any police station and ask for how to get a license for a firearm.

18 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by awillabo: 10:53am On Jun 15, 2017
Made1414:

Where in Portharcourt

Rumuigbo. Obi wali precisely
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by columbus007(m): 10:54am On Jun 15, 2017
cheesy, Op me too i'am leaving Nigeria soon cos I lost my charger and the person that picked it didn't return it,fvck police.

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by thunderbabs: 10:54am On Jun 15, 2017
Police nobdeybdo any job than to dey bounce on finished jobs of intelligence agencies con dey tk glory.

Ordinary midnight thief for street, dey no fit.....na to dey blow siren after deir friendz ve left... Rubbish

If they hadn't been informed on time, they wld say they were not. Informed on time, it will take them time to wake all their sleeping colleagues in the station...rubbish

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Daslim180(m): 10:54am On Jun 15, 2017
If na yahoo boiz now, d useless police go dey do gragra.... But if na arm robbers, dem go comport. #Op thanks to God for your safety

3 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Icon4s(m): 10:54am On Jun 15, 2017
awillabo:
At around 1am today.
I heard a loud bang on my gate.
Which immediately woke me up
I thought it was my neighbors as they usually go out and come in late.
I quickly tried to call them. Not answering.

I sensed danger.
As the banging increased
I looked at my window.
They were three peaple with shot guns.
I saw one of them trying to jump the fence.
Immediately i alerted my friend with me.we started shouting.

Thief thief thief.

My friend shouted "" Inspector they are robbing us now, bring your team, bring team ""

Thief thier thief.

They shot at my window twice.

They tried opening my gate but it held up strong.

I was shaking in my room.

I quickly contacted river state police control room.

Got thier number online,

They took my number and sent to a police team around

The team called me quickly

I answered and told them what was going on.

After the robbers cudnt open my gate. They proceeded to my neighbors which opened.

I cud hear thier screams
Begging for thier life's.
I called the cops again. They asked me whaf was going on. I said the robbery is ongoing.
They said they are close.

I called and called the line. Police didn't pick my calls.

After they robbers finished with my neighbors. They left.
About two hours later. I heard a police siren from afar. They came to my compound in four vans.

They spent 20 minutes and left.

The robbers spent more than one hour in our compound.
We were prompt in informing the police. But they purposely refused to show up.

I will leave Nigeria...This country is messed up.

In all i thank God for his mercy and grace.

Below are photos

O I remember how Robbers laid siege on us during a church vigil. The police did not respond to my call instead blaming me for not organizing police security for the vigil. That was the last time I ever attended a church vigil. It's been about 6years now.

8 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 10:54am On Jun 15, 2017
op you better leave the country because they must surely come back for returning match.... you should have allow them break the door themselves, u are now their potential enemy... just leave town or go and hire AK47 from Uncle Evan's

5 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 15, 2017
majekdom2:
It may sound ridiculous but I think the lives of people living in maiduguri and north eat region are safer than those in River state. It amazes me that the government of this state has closed deaf ears to the security and health concerns of this state.

See, everything is not Buhari's responsibility.
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by awillabo: 10:56am On Jun 15, 2017
Benita27:
What area did this happen?. There are some terrorising where I reside.

Rumuigbo, obi wali precisely
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by fineboynl(m): 10:56am On Jun 15, 2017
awillabo:

I called severally. My Calls were ignored.

They came hours after the incident.
that's what they normally do. after the robbers must have left. they know what they are doing. just to show face like they care.

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 10:56am On Jun 15, 2017
Caustics:
the robbers are reading this.
grin I'm telling you grin
Op, be careful. They may come for a second missionary journey. Thank your stars dem no gain access to you and your friend sad embarassed

2 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 15, 2017
majekdom2:
It may sound ridiculous but I think the lives of people living in maiduguri and north eat region are safer than those in River state. It amazes me that the government of this state has closed deaf ears to the security and health concerns of this state.
STFU with your silly comparison. I don't know why I see such comments on here whenever anything relating Rivers State is on front page. Is any part of Nigeria safe to live in when it comes to crime?.

3 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by ReLaTE(m): 10:59am On Jun 15, 2017
Bullhari007:
op you better leave the country because they must surely come back for returning match.... you should have allow them break the door themselves, u are now their potential enemy... just leave town or[b] go and hire AK47 from Uncle Evan's
[/b]Lol, bt seriously,your life is in danger better leave that place.

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by hokafor(m): 11:01am On Jun 15, 2017
Maybe the police control room u were calling is aware of the robbery going on in your place, when ur friend was pretending calling inspector they will be laughing because they know inspector can only arrive when they finish

3 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 15, 2017
martyns303:
[s]Are u sure? I know the Nigerian police can be incompetent, and considering they did not arrive on time, you have every reason to be pissed. But let's look at your story.

1. You noticed a bang on your gate at 1am.

2. Between when u woke up, tried calling your neighbors to know if they are the ones at the gate, went online to check for police emergency response number, dialing them and having a conversation, at least 20mins or more would have passed.

3. The robbers operated for an hour

4. Police arrived 2hours later

From your statement, the police would have arrived no later than 4:20am. Now are you sure that was the time they actually arrived?

Most times in situations like that, time seem to be moving faster than they actually are. You were probably expecting them to appear in like 5mins. I doubt the robbers would have operated that long knowing u called the police (u made them believe so).

Now you need to understand that the police would need time to mobilize themselves, get in their van and start coming to your place and this is subject to where they are coming from, the distance.

I know the Nigerian police is not what they ought to be, but I also know they can be pretty effective and rugged.

God bless Nigeria[/s].
complete rubbish. Pls it's not by force to comment.

2 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by UnimkeAk(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2017
martyns303:
Are u sure? I know the Nigerian police can be incompetent, and considering they did not arrive on time, you have every reason to be pissed. But let's look at your story.

1. You noticed a bang on your gate at 1am.

2. Between when u woke up, tried calling your neighbors to know if they are the ones at the gate, went online to check for police emergency response number, dialing them and having a conversation, at least 20mins or more would have passed.

3. The robbers operated for an hour

4. Police arrived 2hours later

From your statement, the police would have arrived no later than 4:20am. Now are you sure that was the time they actually arrived?

Most times in situations like that, time seem to be moving faster than they actually are. You were probably expecting them to appear in like 5mins. I doubt the robbers would have operated that long knowing u called the police (u made them believe so).

Now you need to understand that the police would need time to mobilize themselves, get in their van and start coming to your place and this is subject to where they are coming from, the distance.

I know the Nigerian police is not what they ought to be, but I also know they can be pretty effective and rugged.

God bless Nigeria.
See this one sitting down to do analysis

Pray u never have an encounter with arm robbers..
And for all of u that dont support jungle justice,
Pray u dont also have an encounter...

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 15, 2017
Hahaha. Police chill for junction dey wait, after u done tell them say robbers carry shotgun.
The police dem

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Chiomababe: 11:07am On Jun 15, 2017
hahahahahahaha, this naija e no go better again, i will go back to my village
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by hardeywhale2: 11:10am On Jun 15, 2017
Funny enough dos thiefs may b nairalander reading dis .....

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 11:10am On Jun 15, 2017
awillabo:

No one was hurt.

I thank the lord for his good mercy and grace.

They only took my neighbors phones and money.

So they did all thise just for phones and some small cash ....the truth is that the govt needs to start allowing Nigerians to bear arms at home , just imagine if you and your Neighbors also had shot guns with you dem for no born them well to approach that door like that
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by akanbiaa(m): 11:11am On Jun 15, 2017
Next time don't shout thieves when you see robbers armed with guns and shooting , just monitor and try to get help via phone codedly and when calling police let them know the robbers came with cutlass and bow and arrows and you saw them cartung away a lot of money.

9 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 15, 2017
Benita27:
STFU with your silly comparison. I don't know why I see such comments on here whenever anything relating Rivers State is on front page. Is any part of Nigeria safe to live in when it comes to crime?.

that's how silly you people get and why it keeps happening. If you are intelligent, you will understand my point clearly. Have you ever heard at anytime that a mob deal with a robber? If you must know some of these police officers and many residents know these bad boys, still nothing happens. Crime is on the increase in Rivers state, because theese guys know nothing will happen. A friend has been a victim and a guy amongst them boldly said, which police do you want to call, the ones that know what we do. We have the back up of men in this state. Those were his words. Until PH residents stop forming I am a bigman, I no send, nothing concern me and the government come out truly, nothing will happen!

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by LifeIsGuhd(f): 11:15am On Jun 15, 2017
Neduzze5:
Chai!! Naija police ooo!!

Lalasticlala, see what armed robbers are doing!

Reminds me of the experience I had with robbers in this same Rivers State.

They robbed our neighbor first, and then jumped from their house into our own.

My dog came rushing at them, whatever they did to it, I dunno. I later saw it somewhere quietly bleeding from his nose.

Only if I had someone like NwaAmaikpe, I would have offered him as a sacrifice to them.

Maybe they would have left us alone and not steal my laptop, money and tablet. angry

This cracked me up!!!

NwaAmaikpe don suffer

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by braimeddy: 11:15am On Jun 15, 2017
Which part of river state did it happened?
awillabo:

God is great man..

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 15, 2017
NairaSand:

See, everything is not Buhari's responsibility.
Lols, I understand your humor grin
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Mcowubaba: 11:18am On Jun 15, 2017
Neduzze5:
Chai!! Naija police ooo!!

Lalasticlala, see what armed robbers are doing!

Reminds me of the experience I had with robbers in this same Rivers State.

They robbed our neighbor first, and then jumped from their house into our own.

My dog came rushing at them, whatever they did to it, I dunno. I later saw it somewhere quietly bleeding from his nose.

Only if I had someone like NwaAmaikpe, I would have offered him as a sacrifice to them.

Maybe they would have left us alone and not steal my laptop, money and tablet. angry

cheesy grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Onyinye15(f): 11:22am On Jun 15, 2017
Seams you you new in this country

So u expected police to show? Wake up

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by macaranta(m): 11:24am On Jun 15, 2017
To be fair to the npf do you know how hard it is to locate some houses via description?
OP stay safe and be careful for a return of those guys is quite possible.

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by spencekat(m): 11:26am On Jun 15, 2017
OP,please next time don't shout in such a situation,just quietly make a call .Thank your God that those robbers didn't break into your house.You can call your friend to help u put a call across to police if you can't do it yourself.The police in charge of your area didn't try at all.In my own case,I heard somebody shouting'thief,thief' in my area at exactly 1:30am.I had to enter my bathroom and called Police control room.Within 30 minutes from the time I made the call,a team of policemen landed and were shooting sporadically in the air.
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by OGUAF(m): 11:26am On Jun 15, 2017
OP where in rivers state did this one happen
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Ahmeduana(m): 11:26am On Jun 15, 2017
awillabo:
At around 1am today.
I heard a loud bang on my gate.
Which immediately woke me up
I thought it was my neighbors as they usually go out and come in late.
I quickly tried to call them. Not answering.

I sensed danger.
As the banging increased
I looked at my window.
They were three peaple with shot guns.
I saw one of them trying to jump the fence.
Immediately i alerted my friend with me.we started shouting.

Thief thief thief.

My friend shouted "" Inspector they are robbing us now, bring your team, bring team ""

Thief thier thief.

They shot at my window twice.

They tried opening my gate but it held up strong.

I was shaking in my room.

I quickly contacted river state police control room.

Got thier number online,

They took my number and sent to a police team around

The team called me quickly

I answered and told them what was going on.

After the robbers cudnt open my gate. They proceeded to my neighbors which opened.

I cud hear thier screams
Begging for thier life's.
I called the cops again. They asked me whaf was going on. I said the robbery is ongoing.
They said they are close.

I called and called the line. Police didn't pick my calls.

After they robbers finished with my neighbors. They left.
About two hours later. I heard a police siren from afar. They came to my compound in four vans.

They spent 20 minutes and left.

The robbers spent more than one hour in our compound.
We were prompt in informing the police. But they purposely refused to show up.

I will leave Nigeria...This country is messed up.

In all i thank God for his mercy and grace.

Below are photos

IF YOU LOVE YOURSELF JUST PACK CANNOT FOR THAT HOUSE BECAUSE THEY ARE COMING BACK WITH FULL VENGEANCE, AND THE HOPELESS NIGERIA POLICE WILL NOT EVEN BOTHER PICKING YOUR BY THEN

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by deolu2000(m): 11:27am On Jun 15, 2017
Nigeria police are never available aside when they are to extort you on the high way or claim that you are a thief or yahoo boy because you are neatly dressed with a laptop and an iphone. Awon oniranu. God is my security and the blood of Jesus is my defence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Boy Was Maltreated By His Guardian's Boyfriend (Graphic Photos) / Househelp Who Fled With Her Madam's Son In Lagos Arrested In Ogun / Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.