Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) (40683 Views)

Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic / Bank Robbery In Igarra, Edo State, Today (Graphic Photos) / Man Found Dead In Port Harcourt, Rivers State Today. Do You Know Him? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Barzinime(m): 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by hush15: 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
kelvinrhs:

I'm pretty sure they would beat u guys up like something else or probably do worse.
But I'm thanking God on your behalf

If you female, rape is sure for making noise but thanks be unto God for preserving you. You need to show God some deep heartfelt gratitude and for your neighbours, they need to get closer to God cause something tells me they weren't in the picture at first but since you guys got lucky, somebody had to just pay sha
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
majekdom2:
I told you, your sense of reasoning is appalling. PH is is top city in Nigeria, one would expect that it should be at least safe enough for people to do their daily activities.. But hell No. The residents have been on the issue of soot for how long. Note an note well, I am a PH resident. Like I said, it's not just a police thing. Some of the resident know these badboys but they do nothing. Do you see what lagos do to any badoo gang member they get hold of? How many have you heard of in ph. The earlier all of una stop forming bigman, the better.
I did my primary and secondary school in PH, and live in PH. I should be in a position to tell you how PH works not the other way round.

I have been opportune to live in different parts of the city. Now you mentioned what Lagosians do with armrobbers when caught. If Rivers residents should mete jungle justice on criminals you'll be the first to complain and tag us Rivers of Blood. Armrobbers don't succeed in areas with vigilante groups but do so in estates where most of the dwellers are very rich citizens or could afford a comfortable apartment, ask the op. His area may not have a vigilante group for robbers to move from flat to flat. Months back there was a clap down on kidnappers, and I heard some who where caught were executed without trail. It's not as bad as you make it seem on social media. Few cases shouldn't make you conclude that the state isn't safe, whereas it is. We've been robbed before but I see it as one of problems of urbanization.

Wike could only make security his priority area.

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
ReLaTE:
[/b]Lol, bt seriously,your life is in danger better leave that place.
I volunteers to be the new occupant of the house /D
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Tapout(m): 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
the other day I was viewing some videos on YouTube and came across a video compilation of armed robbers being killed in either a car hijacking or armed robbery attempt caught on security cameras...with the current security situation we are having in this country, getting a licensed firearm isn't a bad idea at all

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by spencekat(m): 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
NairaSand:

Your number 2 is very flawed. Let's call a spade a spade.

On the second bolded, [b]Port Harcourt is very small [/b]and I'm sure there was no chance in hell they were held in Traffic.

Now give me one good reason why they didn't pick up when the OP was calling them?
PH,very small?It's not true
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by spencekat(m): 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
NairaSand:

Your number 2 is very flawed. Let's call a spade a spade.

On the second bolded, [b]Port Harcourt is very small [/b]and I'm sure there was no chance in hell they were held in Traffic.

Now give me one good reason why they didn't pick up when the OP was calling them?
PH,very small?It's not true.
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Barzinime(m): 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
People should stop all this(when they die their family won't be compensated) weren't they aware of it before applying or is it just happening now? What if someone's life was lost who will compensate the person's family?..Is it by force to join the force if you can't do your job
banjicom:
According to the policemen..... Nigeria is not worth dying for tongue

It not there fault sha, if the armed robbers kill them who will donate to their family.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Curvinus(m): 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
martyns303:
Are u sure? I know the Nigerian police can be incompetent, and considering they did not arrive on time, you have every reason to be pissed. But let's look at your story.

1. You noticed a bang on your gate at 1am.

2. Between when u woke up, tried calling your neighbors to know if they are the ones at the gate, went online to check for police emergency response number, dialing them and having a conversation, at least 20mins or more would have passed.

3. The robbers operated for an hour

4. Police arrived 2hours later

From your statement, the police would have arrived no later than 4:20am. Now are you sure that was the time they actually arrived?

Most times in situations like that, time seem to be moving faster than they actually are. You were probably expecting them to appear in like 5mins. I doubt the robbers would have operated that long knowing u called the police (u made them believe so).

Now you need to understand that the police would need time to mobilize themselves, get in their van and start coming to your place and this is subject to where they are coming from, the distance.

I know the Nigerian police is not what they ought to be, but I also know they can be pretty effective and rugged.

God bless Nigeria.

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
HarryDuce:
This is a senseless comparison in all ramifications.
whatever happened to your sense of humor!
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by bejite: 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nigerian police! But why na?

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by darlingnuel(m): 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
Not funny but This part cracked me up "I called the cops again. They asked me what was going on. I said the robbery is ongoing.
They said they are close.
I called and called the line. Police didn't pick my calls." #VoicemailThings.

But those of you saying OP should move out because of possible return of the robbers, shouldn't you also think that the robbers would be afraid to return considering that OP posed a resistance to them and even dared to raise alarm, and could possibly be 'better prepared' to face them, should they return? Robbers are humans after all.

3 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by HarryDuce(m): 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
majekdom2:
whatever happened to your sense of humor!
You dont expect everyone to see your post and "have a sense of humour" do you?

This is a public forum, take note of that when next you want to tell us how maduguri is safer than rivers state.
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
Benita27:
I did my primary and secondary school in PH, and live in PH. I should be in a position to tell you how PH works not the other way round.

I have been opportune to live in different parts of the city. Now you mentioned what Lagosians do with armrobbers when caught. If Rivers residents should mete jungle justice on criminals you'll be the first to complain and tag us Rivers of Blood. Armrobbers don't succeed in areas with vigilante groups but do so in estates where most of the dwellers are very rich citizens or could afford a comfortable apartment, ask the op. His area may not have a vigilante group for robbers to move from flat to flat. Months back there was a clap down on kidnappers, and I heard some who where caught were executed without trail. It's not as bad as you make it seem on social media. Few cases shouldn't make you conclude that the state isn't safe, whereas it is. We've been robbed before but I see it as one of problems of urbanization.

Wike could only make security his priority area.
Madam, shut up and stop supporting mediocrity!!! its bad even worse. Out of 10 youths that are indigenes, 2 are cultists. One even shook hands with me the way thet do thinking I was one sometime on a work location. The thing is many of you don't even know what ought to to obtainable in your state. Rivers is rich, it should speak class in all ramifications. How many times do we hear stuffs as this about Abuja, we can say lagos given the population- but not even compared to Rivers. Call a spade a spade. Security is a great concern. Your own Tekena iyalla is a victim.

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
HarryDuce:
You dont expect everyone to see your post and "have a sense of humour" do you?

This is a public forum, take note of that when next you want to tell us how maduguri is safer than rivers state.
Ok sir
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nmanuanu(f): 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2017
I pray your own time comes so that we will help you analyse the timeline of the events.

martyns303:
Are u sure? I know the Nigerian police can be incompetent, and considering they did not arrive on time, you have every reason to be pissed. But let's look at your story.

2. Between when u woke up, tried calling your neighbors to know if they are the ones at the gate, went online to check for police emergency response number, dialing them and having a conversation, at least 20mins or more would have passed.

From your statement, the police would have arrived no later than 4:20am. Now are you sure that was the time they actually arrived?

Most times in situations like that, time seem to be moving faster than they actually are. You were probably expecting them to appear in like 5mins. I doubt the robbers would have operated that long knowing u called the police (u made them believe so).

Now you need to understand that the police would need time to mobilize themselves, get in their van and start coming to your place and this is subject to where they are coming from, the distance.

I know the Nigerian police is not what they ought to be, but I also know they can be pretty effective and rugged.

God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Oju4190: 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2017
bros na wa 4 u...... U want make police come die for u. d one Jesus die for u never reach u. Next time just calm down and pray to God and if need b just cooperate wit dem and nobody will b hurt
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by 4dor: 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
awillabo:

God is great man..

Leave that house and area immediately, they will come back specifically for you and they won't show you mercy.

2 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Tsam1959(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
N-power is job creation and empowerment programme of the Natioal social investment programme of the Federal Government of nigeria.The N-power programme is for young nigerians between the ages of 18 and 35 please click www.npower.gov.ng
N-Power - Empowering Nigerian Youths for Prosperity.
Skills and knowledge are the driving forces of…
npower.gov.ng
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by bencarson007(m): 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
joladoyin:

Lies
NPF PRO
. Shatap dia... No be d same useless police show up at my house almost 45 minutes after I was robbed at Upper Mission extension Benin city and the robbers even locked me and my colleague inside my house after dealing with us. The useless police came and started asking me where dem pass ? How would I know... Abi na the one dem do for morning when I went to do police report, the fool that was attending to me said young man, u sure say the gun wey dem carry dey work ? '. Just imagine the rubbish

8 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by fkj950ax(m): 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
Op,
My sincere thoughts to your neighbors and you for the traumatic experience.

The major issue with police late response in Nigeria are as follows.

1. At 1am, most of the patrol vehicles are out from the station.

To assemble them to head to one location isn't cut and dry.

You stated that four arrived after the robbery.
Trust me the 4 weren't sitting in the station.

2. Estate gates and streets all locked up at night is a big issue.
I have seen a police team breaking street gates with their hilux and had to shoot padlocks at a gate that was too strong for the hilux to force open.

3. Town planners have messed up the whole country. It is difficult to go to anywhere in Nigeria you haven't been to before without asking for directions.
Even a written address on a full A4 paper won't help.

Now for NPF,
Robbers with shotguns are no match for your AK.
Try and work with estate associations or all those useless bodies we are forced to deal with in our neighbourhood

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
bastien:
Pele.... Omo na double barrel they carry ooh..... They will be caught before weekend boss

Still..... Thank God for your life

How do you know it's double barrel?
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2017
majekdom2:
Madam, shut up and stop supporting mediocrity!!! its bad even worse. Out of 10 youths that are indigenes, 2 are cultist. One even shook hands with me the way thet do thinking I was one sometime on a work location. The thing is many of you don't even know what ought to to obtainable in your state. Rivers is rich, it should speak class in all ramifications. How many times do we hear stuffs as this about Abuja, we can say lagos given the population - but not even compared to Rivers. Call a spade a spade. Security is a great concern. Your own Tekena iyalla is a victim.
I thought I was exchanging words with an adult but just realized I was doing so with an attention seeking ignoramus!.

So 2 out of 10 Rivers indegenes are cultist?. How did you arrived at your statistic 'cause I'm an indegene but not a cultist. Neither do I have any cultist as a sibling.

Comparing Security between Rivers State and Abuja is worse to even validate the fact that you're an ignoramus. For crying out loud, AbJ is the Capital Territory. Now you agreed you understand that of Lagos State 'cause of population...isn't Rivers State populated too?. Go read up problems of urbanization. Bloody hypocrite!.

So because Tekena Iyalla experienced armrobbery then I should do what?. Is he not an OAP?. How does his armrobbery experience affect the average Rivers indegene?. He should use the media or visit Wike, he'll listen to him and his crew of FUNKY4.

2 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
Tapout:
the other day I was viewing some videos on YouTube and came across a video compilation of armed robbers being killed in either a car hijacking or armed robbery attempt caught on security cameras...with the current security situation we are having in this country, getting a licensed firearm isn't a bad idea at all

I've been saying this on here but yellow belly cowards keep shouting me down.

OP said they fired at his window, imagine if every flat in the building and adjacent building returned fire at the gate?

They come with bravity because they know you'll cower like a conditioned antelope.

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 15, 2017
Benita27:
I thought I was exchanging words with an adult but just realized I was doing so with an attention seeking ignoramus!.

So 2 out of 10 Rivers indegenes are cultist?. How did you arrived at your statistic 'cause I'm an indegene but not a cultist. Neither do I have any cultist as a sibling.

Comparing Security between Rivers State and Abuja is worse to even validate the fact that you're an ignoramus. For crying out loud, AbJ is the Capital Territory. Now you agreed you understand that of Lagos State 'cause of population...isn't Rivers State populated too?For read up problems of urbanization. Bloody hypocrite!.
you are best ignored. Reality will dawn on you soonest. @ bolded, you need education on the right choic of words.

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
Neduzze5:
Chai!! Naija police ooo!!

Lalasticlala, see what armed robbers are doing!

Reminds me of the experience I had with robbers in this same Rivers State.

They robbed our neighbor first, and then jumped from their house into our own.

My dog came rushing at them, whatever they did to it, I dunno. I later saw it somewhere quietly bleeding from his nose.

Only if I had someone like NwaAmaikpe, I would have offered him as a sacrifice to them.

Maybe they would have left us alone and not steal my laptop, money and tablet. angry

You don't need a dog. You need a specific breed of dogs that work like a pack.
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by greggng: 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
I think a serous dog could takecare of them till police comes. Buy a serous dog.
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
obembet:

You wicked, don't you knw that police na somebody papa or u are not aware of what happened in owerri ( zenith bank) last week

Now u said "I will leave Nigeria" abeg go, our population is too much.

I expect u to stop when u said...In all i thank God for his mercy and grace.

Do you hear yourself? It is their job! A country full of cowards. Imagine if western countries had this attitude. It's best to leave op. It won't get better due to the Nigerian mindset.
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 15, 2017
majekdom2:
you are best ignored. Reality will dawn on you soonest. @ bolded, you need education on the right choic of words.
Go away with your crude analogy...yours is a case of kettle calling pot black. Hypocrite!. You should go back to school. grin

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
Benita27:
Go away with your crude analogy...yours is a case of kettle calling pot black. Hypocrite!. You should go back to school. grin
which pot calling black? Na me get PH or lagos... don't worry na, reality will tell soon.
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
Barzinime:
People should stop all this(when they die their family won't be compensated) weren't they aware of it before applying or is it just happening now? What if someone's life was lost who will compensate the person's family?..Is it by force to join the force if you can't do your job
people just join the nigerian police due to unemployment. I just see them and shake my head. No passion, nothing.
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by ladoma(m): 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
martyns303:

God bless Nigeria.

that just it. sometime we are so fast to blame the police yet some of us had pleasant experiences where some police even laid down their lives. they are human beings too. are you following the zenith bank owerri case, if a police officer get killed , its left for his family ...all alone. Govt has absolute no provision for them apart from salary...is it like that oversea.....abeg angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Househelp Who Fled With Her Madam's Son In Lagos Arrested In Ogun / This Boy Was Maltreated By His Guardian's Boyfriend (Graphic Photos) / Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.