Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) (40680 Views)

Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic / Bank Robbery In Igarra, Edo State, Today (Graphic Photos) / Man Found Dead In Port Harcourt, Rivers State Today. Do You Know Him? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Malawian(m): 11:28am On Jun 15, 2017
THis is why citizen should be allowed to bear arms. imagine your victims are also packing heat, you will wise not to attack.
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by tabithababy(f): 11:31am On Jun 15, 2017
awillabo:
At around 1am today.
I heard a loud bang on my gate.
Which immediately woke me up
I thought it was my neighbors as they usually go out and come in late.
I quickly tried to call them. Not answering.

I sensed danger.
As the banging increased
I looked at my window.
They were three peaple with shot guns.
I saw one of them trying to jump the fence.
Immediately i alerted my friend with me.we started shouting.

Thief thief thief.

My friend shouted "" Inspector they are robbing us now, bring your team, bring team ""

Thief thier thief.

They shot at my window twice.

They tried opening my gate but it held up strong.

I was shaking in my room.

I quickly contacted river state police control room.

Got thier number online,

They took my number and sent to a police team around

The team called me quickly

I answered and told them what was going on.

After the robbers cudnt open my gate. They proceeded to my neighbors which opened.

I cud hear thier screams
Begging for thier life's.
I called the cops again. They asked me whaf was going on. I said the robbery is ongoing.
They said they are close.

I called and called the line. Police didn't pick my calls.

After they robbers finished with my neighbors. They left.
About two hours later. I heard a police siren from afar. They came to my compound in four vans.

They spent 20 minutes and left.

The robbers spent more than one hour in our compound.
We were prompt in informing the police. But they purposely refused to show up.

I will leave Nigeria...This country is messed up.

In all i thank God for his mercy and grace.

Below are photos

op, please what type of gate did you erect in your house. Cos its strong o
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 15, 2017
majekdom2:
that's how silly you people get and why it keeps happening. If you are intelligent, you will understand my point clearly. Have you ever heard at anytime that a mob deal with a robber? If you must know some of these police officers and many residents know these bad boys, still nothing happens. Crime is on the increase in Rivers state, because theese guys know nothing will happen. A friend has been a victim and a guy amongst them boldly said, which police do you want to call, the ones that know what we do. We have the back up of men in this state. Those were his words. Until PH residents stop forming I am a bigman, I no send, nothing concern me and the government come out truly, nothing will happen!
Now, I don't have issues with this comment. Like you just used the part of your brain you failed to previously. grin May I remind you that the Nigerian police actually aid and abet criminals...It's a known fact, and not just something that happens in Rivers State. Crime is on the increase in Nigeria due to Buhari's failed economic policies that has got us where we are. If Evans was caught in Rivers State your comment would have been different and not so biased, perhaps I would have seen "Maiduguri is safer than Rivers State, or Rivers of Blood" which isn't the case. Try to make objective posts like you just did.

2 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 15, 2017
martyns303:
Are u sure? I know the Nigerian police can be incompetent, and considering they did not arrive on time, you have every reason to be pissed. But let's look at your story.

1. You noticed a bang on your gate at 1am.

2. Between when u woke up, tried calling your neighbors to know if they are the ones at the gate, went online to check for police emergency response number, dialing them and having a conversation, at least 20mins or more would have passed.

3. The robbers operated for an hour

4. Police arrived 2hours later

From your statement, the police would have arrived no later than 4:20am. Now are you sure that was the time they actually arrived?

Most times in situations like that, time seem to be moving faster than they actually are. You were probably expecting them to appear in like 5mins. I doubt the robbers would have operated that long knowing u called the police (u made them believe so).

Now you need to understand that the police would need time to mobilize themselves, get in their van and start coming to your place and this is subject to where they are coming from, the distance.

I know the Nigerian police is not what they ought to be, but I also know they can be pretty effective and rugged.

God bless Nigeria.

Unity Beggars , trying to patch any thing patch-able..... even if they police is coming from Aba, it wont take them up to 40 mins to gett to the scene

2 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 11:33am On Jun 15, 2017
This is why I think the FG need to licence us all to bear arms, and protect ourselves, cos if these guys dont know the kind of Guns you have at home, braking into our house will be a bit trickyy

2 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Cue(m): 11:40am On Jun 15, 2017
awillabo:

Amen bro

God is great. Only God knows what cud have happened if dey gained entry to my flat. Because we raised alarm on them at first
Pls remain cautious. Not tryng to scare u, but take measures. I pray they weren't so miffed to remember. God keep U.
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by lacoach: 11:41am On Jun 15, 2017
Am based in Portharcourt. Please can someone help me with police emergency number?
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by onatisi(m): 11:43am On Jun 15, 2017
CIOSYLVA:
Lols... Thank God for ur life...

Nigeria police... Its obvious they won't change.

A similar incident happened long ago and wen d police came after d robbers had left they arrested the man that even called dem for false alarm.. and the man have to bail himself
This got me cracking. Too call police na wahala .
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by ultimateballer: 11:43am On Jun 15, 2017
If the police cant protect us then legislation should be passed for everyone to own a gun
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 15, 2017
well, if you WERE IN MAIDUGURI JUST SHOUT "BOKO HARAM DON COME OR BLOW WHISTLE,, SEE HOW GUYS GO MOBILISE sharp sharp to ur side, they will even be faster than soldiers who go come with their Armoured personal Carriers in like 10 minutes max.

Thats why you hardly see armed robber for that town, almost every body get cutlass, dane gun just incase boko boys show
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 15, 2017
awillabo:
At around 1am today.
I heard a loud bang on my gate.
Which immediately woke me up
I thought it was my neighbors as they usually go out and come in late.
I quickly tried to call them. Not answering.

I sensed danger.
As the banging increased
I looked at my window.
They were three peaple with shot guns.
I saw one of them trying to jump the fence.
Immediately i alerted my friend with me.we started shouting.

Please which area is this in port-harcourt?
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Temptee101(m): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2017
Kelsmm:
U get time snap sef
If im no snap now, na you go still dey shout pix, pix or you no go believe. Nigerians are simply insatiable in nature
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by intruxive(m): 11:53am On Jun 15, 2017
Lol op, sorry ehnn. When next the robbers come back ( they havnt robb u yet, so they will grin ) call the police and tell them robbers came and have gone..... that way they will quickly come thinking everything is safe grin
Thank me later cool
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by gmacnoms(m): 11:53am On Jun 15, 2017
martyns303:
Are u sure? I know the Nigerian police can be incompetent, and considering they did not arrive on time, you have every reason to be pissed. But let's look at your story.

2. Between when u woke up, tried calling your neighbors to know if they are the ones at the gate, went online to check for police emergency response number, dialing them and having a conversation, at least 20mins or more would have passed.

From your statement, the police would have arrived no later than 4:20am. Now are you sure that was the time they actually arrived?

Most times in situations like that, time seem to be moving faster than they actually are. You were probably expecting them to appear in like 5mins. I doubt the robbers would have operated that long knowing u called the police (u made them believe so).

Now you need to understand that the police would need time to mobilize themselves, get in their van and start coming to your place and this is subject to where they are coming from, the distance.

I know the Nigerian police is not what they ought to be, but I also know they can be pretty effective and rugged.

God bless Nigeria.
Are You an olokpa?
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by MrOreo(m): 11:53am On Jun 15, 2017
awillabo:

Amen bro

God is great. Only God knows what cud have happened if dey gained entry to my flat. Because we raised alarm on them at first
Una for hear am cheesy
Thank God for life

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by darlingnuel(m): 11:57am On Jun 15, 2017
Nackzy:
OP thats what we experience here week in week out... I have experience a lot in Port Harcourt... It seems all the criminals are trooping in from all other state..

I wish I can leave Nigeria to another country

But in other countries they don't even want to see Nigerians

God please what is going on in this world.. Pls use ur power and change things....please
lol
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 15, 2017
awillabo:

Amen bro

You took a big risk bro. Having lived in Port Harcourt before I know those their deadly robbers would have smoked your ass for creating an alarm. You need to thank God bro. You are a lucky person.

2 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Temptee101(m): 11:58am On Jun 15, 2017
martyns303:

God bless Nigeria.
Ol God! Not again....which kinda comment is this and how long am I going to continue to put up such comment? Always claiming to know it all while foolishly exposing his ignorance unknowingly
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by odafe94(m): 12:00pm On Jun 15, 2017
Best thing to do in naija is to get ur own gun

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by clems88(m): 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2017
Same thing happened to me two weeks ago . they gained entry into my house but couldn't enter my room as they were bank my room door all I was shouting was help help thieves thieves . the useless neighbours couldn't even come upstairs . na God deliver me . till now the fobia still dey my body . angry

person can not live in peace in his own house. I hate calabar

2 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
Benita27:
Now, I don't have issues with this comment. Like you just used the part of your brain you failed to previously. grin May I remind you that the Nigerian police actually aid and abet criminals...It's a known fact, and not just something that happens in Rivers State. Crime is on the increase in Nigeria due to Buhari's failed economic policies that has got us where we are. If Evans was caught in Rivers State your comment would have been different and not so biased, perhaps I would have seen "Maiduguri is safer than Rivers State, or Rivers of Blood" which isn't the case. Try to make objective posts like you just did.
I told you, your sense of reasoning is appalling. PH is is top city in Nigeria, one would expect that it should be at least safe enough for people to do their daily activities.. But hell No. The residents have been on the issue of soot for how long. Note an note well, I am a PH resident. Like I said, it's not just a police thing. Some of the resident know these badboys but they do nothing. Do you see what lagos do to any badoo gang member they get hold of? How many have you heard of in ph. The earlier all of una stop forming bigman, the better.
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Temptee101(m): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
GreatSE:

Unity Beggars , trying to patch any thing patch-able..... even if they police is coming from Aba, it wont take them up to 40 mins to gett to the scene
That guy is a suspect, I think he has a hand in it already
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by cashmyles: 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
banjicom:
According to the policemen..... Nigeria is not worth dying for tongue

It not there fault sha, if the armed robbers kill them who will donate to their family.

Then they should resign, didn't they know wt their work entails??

1 Like

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
clems88:
Same thing happened to me two weeks ago . they gained entry into my house but couldn't enter my room as they were bank my room door all I was shouting was help help thieves thieves . the useless neighbours couldn't even come upstairs . na God deliver me . till now the fobia still dey my body . angry

person can not live in peace in his own house. I hate calabar
benita27, this is an example of what I am saying. Same, when I was attacked early in the morning some months ago. Was about opening the gate to drive out. A neighbour was even peeping, his common sense didn't tell him it was robbery.

2 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by clems88(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
majekdom2:
benita27, this is an example of what I am saying. Same, when I was attacked early in the morning some months ago. Was about opening the gate to drive out. A neighbour was even peeping, his common sense didn't tell him it was robbery.
it is well . people no longer care what happens to others undecided
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by rigarmortis: 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
martyns303:

God bless Nigeria.

oga forget, when i was still living in gwarimpa estate abuja, thieves came to our compound, and if you know these aboki ones, they can be mean for no reason, they can shoot you or cut off your head first and then ask the severed head where you keep the money.

they are always high as a kite and can be senseless

so they came and we call the cops, these guys said they dont have fuel but will come if we can get for them, we told them we are under siege currently. but then just dropped the call

fortunately one of the neighbours have a friend who is a high ranking police officer, he called the guy and the guy went to the station and found the men sound asleep.

when he roused them up they just wasted time packing their gear and servicing their guns and they came over exactly the moment the bad guys left

but we knew the direction the guys passed and pointed it out to them, they asked us "shey they carry gun" we said yes.

these guys refused to go, the insisted that they wanted to take inventory first and count the number of tv stolen plus check their mode of entry for documentation purpose. we could hear the guys making away with stolen items and the get away car which was stolen too, but these guys wanted to count tv first and check the style they used to scale the fence whether western row or scissors of back flip.

6 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2017
So sad, thank God 4 ur life op. Nigerian police are too cowardly.
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
Loyalblak007:
shocked shocked

Another NPF wahala

Imagine Police not picking calls grin

What a country! angry lipsrsealed
I would be better than that, given that I'm very brave and not SCARED OF THE NIGHT+PLUS THE DANGER THAT COMES WITH IT
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2017
awillabo:

Amen bro

I'm pretty sure they would beat u guys up like something else or probably do worse.
But I'm thanking God on your behalf
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by hush15: 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2017
Loyalblak007:
shocked shocked

Another NPF wahala

Imagine Police not picking calls grin

What a country! angry lipsrsealed

You think every police is like that owerri police officer who gave his life for a bank

2 Likes

Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
martyns303:

God bless Nigeria.
Not funny but TRUE
Re: My Robbery Experience In Rivers State Today (Photos) by HarryDuce(m): 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
majekdom2:
It may sound ridiculous but I think the lives of people living in maiduguri and north eat region are safer than those in River state. It amazes me that the government of this state has closed deaf ears to the security and health concerns of this state.
This is a senseless comparison in all ramifications.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Househelp Who Fled With Her Madam's Son In Lagos Arrested In Ogun / This Boy Was Maltreated By His Guardian's Boyfriend (Graphic Photos) / Godwin Elewana Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Daughter’s Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.