Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer (60430 Views)

Any Man That Can Be Controlled By A Woman Is Still A Boy – Reno Omokri / Nigerian Man Is Searching For A Husband For His Mother (Photos) / When Your Wife Is Richer Than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by GoodFaith: 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
Sterope:
Talking about your mama, aren't you?
" eph12:
99% of women cannot handle greater success than their husbands. It would cause chaos in that home.

Most Mothers are always quick to​ remind their children how useless their father is when he has problem providing for​ the home or when she's more successful"

He/she know that the mother is a woman
there is no need for you to disrespect he/her
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by ivolt: 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

Even though it's basically individual differences I can boldly tell you that most women in authority tend to abuse power and privileges that come with authority. I've worked long enough to know this...

I think it's a complex much akin to the Napoleon's complex; they hastily misinterpret any opposition as one trying to undermine them cos they're female, then they wanna react to "show" such opposition that they're tough and they end up bungling up the whole situation.

How many CEOs of top companies are women? How many company owners would want a female in charge? Just a handful I bet you, cos of my aforementioned theory...

I think men are mostly endowed with the gift of EI to an extent while women have the gift of instinct and sixth Zena in abundance...

Just saying, no hard feelings smiley

grin grin
Please, stop imagining things in your head, imagination is not equal to reality.
Women are more Emotionally Intelligent than men, many researches have
confirmed this.

The number of women CEO is a question of patriarchy not women's fault.

How many women in authority have you interacted with to make the use
of the word "most" ?

The problem you guys have is that of superiority complex when working
with women, you can't imagine a common woman making decisions,
a woman that should be on her feet worshipping you.

Many guys suffer in their workplace courtesy of their boss's attitude but they
won't complain if the boss is a man but let their be a change in management and a woman is in
charge, that is when they will remember that their boss is evil and proud.
This is no surprising as their unconscious mind is interested solely in finding
evidence that the woman is incompetent and they tend to confirm their
bias.

Even in politics, when 10 men are arraigned for corruption, the usual
comment is that "politicians are generally bad", "we are all corrupt".
But should one woman be arraigned , the story immediately change
to "corrupt nature of women", " women shouldn't be in government.
The same commentators who couldn't condemn corruption when men
are involved suddenly find their voice by blaming the gender instead
of the person involved.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by nextstep(m): 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
PaperLace:
How do men handle being richer? tyranny?
Was it not on this same NL a thread was created asking people if they'll like to marry men like their fathers, and most people said no?
Citing how their father bossed everyone around because he is the sole provider? When a man is richer, he immediately crowns himself god, everyone falls into place. Isn't it this providing you men keep using to disturb someone's ear, why can't the woman feel important when she assumes same role?

When a woman is richer, you expect her to belittle her achievements to please the man, she'll buy a car and has to tell people it's the husband that bought it _ that's the only way to look humble.

As far as I am concerned, the problem of most Nigerian men is ego. Aside their manhood and money, they feel useless. They have been brought up to feel they must provide and earn more. The moment they are not living up to that, insecurity sets in. Even the wife's footstep will be likened to pride.

I don't blame women that go for richer men at all!!!!
Work on your fecking insecurities and stop looking for a woman to control with money.

Very good points. I never really saw it that way before, but it seems tyranny naturally comes to the breadwinner.

2 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Sterope(f): 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
How is it disrespect now?

I am glad he knows but he could have forgotten, that is why it is good to remind him and YOU.

GoodFaith:

" eph12:
99% of women cannot handle greater success than their husbands. It would cause chaos in that home.

Most Mothers are always quick to​ remind their children how useless their father is when he has problem providing for​ the home or when she's more successful"

He/she know that the mother is a woman
there is no need for you to disrespect he/her
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
giftedart:
My latest comedy cartoon animation is now available on youtube, feel free to watch and correct me because we are still learning thank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irKcqqpAXvo&itct=CA8QpDAYASITCLeR0cWNvNQCFdCAVQodwAAC6VIbbmFpamEgZWxlY3Rpb24gYnkgZ2lmdGVkYXJ0&gl=NG&client=mv-google&hl=en

Nice one. You need more improvement. Thumbs up
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by GoodFaith: 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
ivolt:

grin grin
Please, stop imagining things in your head, imagination is not equal to reality.
Women are more Emotionally Intelligent than men, many researches have
confirmed this.

The number of women CEO is a question of patriarchy not women's fault.

How many women in authority have you interacted with to make the use
of the word "most" ?

The problem you guys have is that of superiority complex when working
with women, you can't imagine a common woman making decisions,
a woman that should be on her feet worshipping you.

Many guys suffer in their workplace courtesy of their boss's attitude but they
won't complain if the boss is a man but let their be a change in management and a woman is in
charge, that is when they will remember that their boss is evil and proud.
This is no surprising as their unconscious mind is interested solely in finding
evidence that the woman is incompetent and they tend to confirm their
bias.

Even in politics, when 10 men are arraigned for corruption, the usual
comment is that "politicians are generally bad", "we are all corrupt".
But should one woman be arraigned , the story immediately change
to "corrupt nature of women", " women shouldn't be in government.
The same commentators who couldn't condemn corruption when men
are involved suddenly find their voice by blaming the gender instead
of the person involved.
We are in 2017 --number of women in Universities over the last 45 year have grown
More educated women
better opportunities for women
What the Nigerian woman and men need to understand
Women are having good education like men
some women will make more money than men

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
fineboynl:
When a man is richer (by statics 80% of men) he don't make a big deal out it to take take of the family/relationship. However he sees it as his responsibility. He only gets reacted if the woman/wife is not respecting him or the woman/wife was forced on him.

But when a woman is richer (by statics 80 women) its hell for everybody in the family. Most especially the man. The woman sees it like she is doing him a favor. So with this she gets rude at any slight provocation. It always leads to disunity to every one in the house.

100% true.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by GoodFaith: 3:31pm On Jun 15, 2017
Sterope:
How is it disrespect now?

I am glad he knows but he could have forgotten, that is why it is good to remind him.

When people talk about issue in society
That society include our family father, mother, brothers and sisters
The question became do you have a member of your family that have the characteristic we talking about?
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by fineboynl(m): 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2017
listen by nature woman has to respect and submissive to man. no matter the situation. man remains the head.

outside of this is seen and abnormal.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Sterope(f): 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
He should attribute it to any of his family member and must tell us how every male in his family are humble towards their wives and kids. Also, he should tell us how none of his male family members have ever threatened/ asked their wives to leave their house and go to her father's houseundecided

GoodFaith:

When people talk about issue in society
That society include our family father, mother, brothers and sisters
The question became do you have a member of your family that have the characteristic we talking about?
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by sylvez(m): 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:

I remember a lady i dated few years ago, she's​ the general manager of a multi million dollar company

She's 300 times richer than me

This stupid ass lady always bugs to give her money, take her on vacations, buy gifts for her

I've never see $1 from this idiot

Women are naturally dumb

All of them don't know what they want

U mean stingy sugar mummy ? grin
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by kceewhyte(m): 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:

I remember a lady i dated few years ago, she's​ the general manager of a multi million dollar company

This stupid ass lady always bugs to give her money, take her on vacations, buy gifts for her

I've never see $1 from this idiot and she fvck d hell at of u

Women are naturally dumb

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Lexusgs430: 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
Cinderella5:
it's easy to spot lazy men with no future ambition, you are a disgrace to men.

Did your parents ever teach you to be respectful? Is it you I want to marry (God forbid)?

But you would gladly marry a much richer husband ?
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Sterope(f): 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2017
If women can be submissive to men. Men can also be submissive to their wives and vice versa.

Basically, the idea of submission is a social construct which some people cannot be bothered about.

fineboynl:
listen by nature woman has to respect and submissive to man. no matter the situation. man remains the head.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by IHate9jerians(m): 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2017
Cinderella5:
it's easy to spot lazy men with no future ambition, you are a disgrace to men.
But when ladies especially on Nland say they want rich men and 'broke asses should stay away from them,you dont tag them as "lazy with no future ambition".MAY THE GODS PURNISH YOU!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by olujaidi: 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
PaperLace:
Was it not on this same NL a thread was created asking people if they'll like to marry men like their fathers, and most people said no?
Citing how their father bossed everyone around because he is the sole provider? When a man is richer, he immediately crowns himself god, everyone falls into place. Isn't it this providing you men keep using to disturb someone's ear, why can't the woman feel important when she assumes same role?

When a woman is richer, you expect her to belittle her achievements to please the man, she'll buy a car and has to tell people it's the husband that bought it _ that's the only way to look humble.

As far as I am concerned, the problem of most Nigerian men is ego. Aside their manhood and money, they feel useless. They have been brought up to feel they must provide and earn more. The moment they are not living up to that, insecurity sets in. Even the wife's footstep will be likened to pride.

Work on your fecking insecurities and stop looking for a woman to control with money.

I'm curious...are you saying women don't have egos? Or that they do not let their egos get in the way as well?
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Cinderella5(f): 3:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
IHate9jerians:
But when ladies especially on Nland say they want rich men and 'broke asses should stay away from them,you dont tag them as "lazy with no future ambition".MAY THE GODS PURNISH YOU!!
May thunder strike you mad.

Women are naturally dependant, it's just this feminism movement that's making some become financially indpendent. You can't compare them with men, a real man takes responsibility. Not fake gold diggers and lazy goats like you.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Cinderella5(f): 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Did your parents ever teach you to be respectful? Is it you I want to marry (God forbid)?

But you would gladly marry a much richer husband ?
of course, that's the natural thing. The man should have a higher hand financially and otherwise, that's the only way a woman will respect you.

Sorry about the insult.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by BentSpoon(m): 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:

[b]I remember a lady i dated few years ago, she's​ the general manager of a multi million dollar company

I've never see $1 from this idiot

Women are naturally dumb

[/b]

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by dandollaz: 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
PaperLace:

Everybody have culture. We must not be westernise all the time.bros if you give black woman power they abuse it upandan unlike whites
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by teamsynergy: 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
GoodFaith:

I didn't like people that are not open minded
No disrespect but ignorant
Today is 2017 not 1950
Women are having good education has men
a woman that is a doctor in Canada, USA and UK
Married a man that have Engineering degree
tell
What happen

i doubt if you are as open minded and liberal as I am....

we talking about nigeria/Africa, u are talking UK and us. in Africa , they say the father owns the children no matter what.

don't worry let your wife run your home and see if even your parent will be cool wif it. unless u relocate abroad. the man provide and oversee his family in Naija and Africa ... thats the african norm...
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by IHate9jerians(m): 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:
A friend of mine confided in me recently that his once loving wife just became rude over night and he doesn't know why and so I asked him if his wife just did aby major payment at home and he said yes she just paid thier daughters school fees for the the first time because he was having some financial difficulties, I told him when he pays her back she will change back to the loving wife she was but till then she will remain rude
I had a friend who lost his job a few years ago and his wife had become the sole provider in the home.He had been out of work for about 3months and i visited him inorder to say 'Hi". While i was there,a football match was being shown on the telly and we both sat down in the parlour gisting and watching the game.
All of a sudden,his wife stepped into the sitting room and switched off the tv from the socket.She then stared at us and said she pays the DSTV bills and we dont have the right to watch it since none of us paid for it.
Wetin concern me.I immediately got up and took my leave inviting my friend for a drink at a joint.He tried to apologise for his wife"s actions but it wasnt necessary because i knew what caused that her behaviour.
No finance,no romance in this hard-knock naija

4 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by SalamRushdie: 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
IHate9jerians:
I had a friend who lost his job a few years ago and his wife had become the sole provider in the home.He had been out of work for about 3months and i visited him inorder to say 'Hi". While i was there,a football match was being shown on the telly and we both sat down in the parlour gisting and watching the game.
All of a sudden,his wife stepped into the sitting room and switched off the tv from the socket.She then stared at us and said she pays the DSTV bills and we dont have the right to watch it since none of us paid for it.
Wetin concern me.I immediately got up and took my leave inviting my friend for a drink at a joint.He tried to apologise for his wife"s actions but it wasnt necessary because i knew what caused that her behaviour.
No finance,no romance in this hard-knock naija

Damn

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by GoodFaith: 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
teamsynergy:

i doubt if you are as open minded and liberal as I am....

we talking about nigeria/Africa, u are talking UK and us. in Africa , they say the father owns the children no matter what.

don't worry let your wife run your home and see if even your parent will be cool wif it. unless u relocate abroad. the man provide and oversee his family in Naija and Africa ... thats the african norm...
women are getting as good education as men
Nigerians should start dealing with that reality
There are things in my house that is 100% woman
color to paint the house
buying futurities-- we will talk about budget
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by AreaFada2: 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2017
teamsynergy:
patriarchy is what obtains in Africa.. meaning that a man is suppose to take care of his family needs. if the case is reversed the man is going to be under a lot of pressure from the society and the woman is gonna be very vulnerable cos the man might get cocky ...so for Africa, a man better make money and rule his family...

simple

But same women want to have same rights as Western women.

Privileges and obligations go together.

You cannot eat your cake and have it.

Our women must decide which they want. African or Western ways. Not pick and chose only bits that favour them from both sides.

6 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Amberon11: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
There is too much sense in this post of yours. I kept scrolling and didn't find one reasonable comment until I read yours.

PaperLace:

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by pweeryambre: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
It goes both ways... Either the man or woman can be arrogant or humble when they get richer
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by teamsynergy: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
AreaFada2:

But same woman want to have same rights as Western women.

Privileges and obligations go together.

You cannot eat your cake and have it.

Our women must decide which they want. African or Western ways. Not pick and chose only bits that favour them from both sides.

where were you when Enugu state assembly voted against it.. abi which state.. if you don't know, only few women are behind the equal right thing...

men rule in Africa and arab world, very few women run the show here... it has been like this for very long and most men use holy books to affirm their position. so forget all that ... patriarchy is what obtains here.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Lexusgs430: 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2017
Cinderella5:
of course, that's the natural thing. The man should have a higher hand financially and otherwise, that's the only way a woman will respect you.

Sorry about the insult.

Apology accepted.

Why does the man have to be the higher wage earner? I personally think, this mentality is so so 1980.
Dora Akinyuli (RIP), earned more than her husband, but was still respectful towards her husband, still cooked for him and still tendered when his cassava rose.

Earning power should not and never be a basis of emotional attachments.

If you are richer than me, I would still marry you...

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by paradice: 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
fineboynl:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
POOPPOOOOOOOOO
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Amberon11: 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nigerian men and insecurities. Where did you get the bolded fROM; the trash can? Pls provide us with statistics and empirical evidence to show that women cannot handle success or forever remain silent.
TroubleMaker47:
The truth is, most women can't handle sucess. Be it at home or in public.
Guy with female bosses can testify to this!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Public Notice By Housewife Who Hasn't Cheated On Her Husband For 29 Years / What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.