Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,670 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra (54154 Views)

People In Jewish Attire Storm Umuahia Streets With Biafra Insignia (Photos) / IPOB Members With ‘Biafra Currency’ In Abia Arrested By Police / Igbo Youths Write UN, Demand Protection Of Igbos In The North And Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by tomdon(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
You will still say you're looking for culprits to apprehend when they have boldly come to you now
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by intruxive(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
kiss
WAO! This is the difference between intelligent young men who went to school and a hateful bunch of semi illiterates
God, see points, see delivery..... just loving these northan guys everyday.
Oya o Ipob, aboki has granted ur wish for referendum (not like majority of u know what it means sha)
Can u pls get off our cyber space now and move ur ass back to the east for ur referandom?
*singin* good riddance to bad rubbish- in oliver de coques voice

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by magoo10(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
I thought they said the erand boy issued severe warning to arewa yoots yet they are flouting it first .
nigeria and her bunch of supporters are jokes .instead of facing the problems at hand like old men they are ,they decided to be holding political meetings upandan
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by ITbomb(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
Everything here is 100% correct.
From the analogue of the Nairaland scenerio and the Nigeria stalement.

Like I told the other guy here who was preaching about changing our value system as a solution to Nigeria's problems.
You cannot be preaching change in value in a country that is fundamentally skewed to favour a section at the detriment of others. We need a bottom up solution and that is to ask ourselves, "Should we continue together?" if yes, "how should we stay together in terms of resources and policy sharing"

Personally, I prefer a Federation of Nigerian States than some isolated breakaway sovereignty.

PointB:
When a very sizeable population of any country i.e. Igbos in Nigeria do not feel welcome in their country, how do you expect the best from them? Nigeria can keep patching things up, but it won't change anything.

Some South-East politicians have started clamouring for Presidency in 2019. Let me ask, "Who President epp"? Presidency is just 8 years. In then end just like Obasanjo, and before Yar/GEJ, and eventually Buhari, it won't changed the course of Nigeria.

Permit me to digress. The Nigeria situation is akin to Seun handing over the key of his politics forum to some individuals. Some of these individuals then feel so powerful because they have access to the ban button or perhaps because they never wielded real power. In the end they keep going in circles, chasing same shadow that they have been chasing for over a decade. Then they get frustrated because they are not making any impact: trying same thing and using same tools against same people.

When Seun get tired of their listless and ineffectual meandering, he replaces them like pack of dis-used condoms. We were here when Jarus ended his despotic gatekeeper-ship career in Nairaland. We saw Sexkilz tried to kill everything that moves, and there was ikenna who 'followed' every suspected trouble maker like a shadow. There was Ngwake, Afam4eva etc. Today we have OAM4J others who lurk in his shadow. In the end these people did (sometime without human face) what they thought was best and continued to. Yet here we are. Nairaland has not changed, and doesn't look like changing. The toga of bigotry and tribalism it wore over the years has not been shed. It's rather strengthened despite whatever efforts the MODs claimed they are putting in.

This is no different from the pathetic country Nigeria is. Nigeria is broken, very broken. And none of the past presidents were able to find a solution to it. Neither with new ones with same system. Rather, it get worse with new ones.

Handing over presidency to us (Igbo) in 2019, changes nothing. The best it offers is a Pyhrric victory . For "if the foundation is broken, what can the righteous do?"

This Northern Youth Group are right in their support for the call for referendum. We need to look ourselves in the eyes and decide if we want to be part of the entity called Nigeria. Other ethnic nationalities i.e Yoruba need this referendum too. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is as sweet as stolen water. But there is always consequence. We have run full cycle are back to square one.

We cannot continue to run a country like this. Something need to give - the faulty foundation, I surmise!

Now is the time.

Referendum now!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by MARKone(m): 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
These Hausas should park well, parasites! Let Igbos and all southerners come back sef, what is there own?. If not for demonic alliance and selfish interest of the British, the amalgamation was and still a farce. What have they contributed to the growth of they country, they've always been bitter with the success of the Igbos. Post civil war, the Igbos were running things, heading major ministries, even in the north. When tafawa bellewa was executed by Nzeogwu and ifeajuna were they not rejoicing.

8 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by nkpommpko(m): 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
LUGARD ON NIGERIAN TRIBES

*The handover notes Lord Lugard wrote to his colleague, Walter H. Lang, on the 25th of September 1918. The quote reads inter alia:*

HAUSA
The Hausa-Fulani has no ideals, no ambitions save such as sensual in character. He is a fatalist, spendthrift and a gambler. He is gravely immoral and is seriously diseased that he is a menace to any community to which he seeks to attach himself

YORUBA
Lagos has for 20 years opposed every Governor and has formented strife and bloodshed in the hinterland…, I have spent the best part of my life in Africa; my aim has been the betterment of the natives for whom I have been ready to give my life. But after some 29 years, and after nearly 12 years as Governor here, I am free to say that the people of Lagos and indeed the westerners are the lowest, the most seditious and disloyal, the most purely prompted by self-seeking money motives of any people I have met.

IGBO
These people of predominantly Eastern Nigeria are fiercely rebellious with no regard for authority. Though industrious and religious, in deference to the objectives of her majesty and the crown, they are highly dangerous to be trusted with power.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by teebillz: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
The northern youths seems to forget that once the Igbos leave, the south-south will also leave.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by LexngtonSteele: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
simplycarro:

My question is why didn't you elect Senators and Representatives to Abuja in 2015 that will bring up the issue of Referendum and Biafra up at NASS.? Those that are not cowards or ashamed to throw it up in the Senate and HoR

Oh I remember, you only took that option after the 2015 election.

Bros...very intelligent analysis. Thumbs up! i doubt if any IPOB would be able to answer this particular post.

If this Nnamdi Kanu doesn't take time, he would be lynched if he starts all his nonsense talks again.

IGBOS ARE DESPERATE NOT TO LEAVE NIGERIA.

It's only the impoverished, jobless youths who have nothing to their names who scream BIAFURO online.

The responsible elders amongst them know much better...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by bkool7(m): 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
uwajeh:
So where's the copy of the letter as acknowledged by the Office of the Vice President. You really should be arrested so others like you would learn a valuable lesson.

Can you see the source ?

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by AnanseK(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
eph12:

The North don't need to insult anyone when they can kill and destroy properties at slightest provocation.

See the insults, you guys are incorrigible!

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2017
Na wa oh. These Arewa youths have no chill at all. Someone cannot even play with them about Biafuro again?

grin grin grin grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by hammer6: 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

Bros...very intelligent analysis. Thumbs up! i doubt if any IPOB would be able to answer this particular post.

If this Nnamdi Kanu doesn't take time, he would be lynched if he starts all his nonsense talks again.

IGBOS ARE DESPERATE NOT TO LEAVE NIGERIA.[/b]

ONE QUESTION? ARE U IGBO?

5 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by LexngtonSteele: 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
hammer6:

ONE QUESTION? ARE U IGBO?

One question...are you conducting Census? lipsrsealed

17 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by eluquenson(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
They should just allow these trouble-some and criminalz to go, their wahala too much on to say they want false republic

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by hammer6: 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

One question...are you conducting Census? lipsrsealed

THIS IS OUR BEST CHANCE TO ESCAPE THE ZOO, BEFORE THE ILLUMINANTI RETURN TO POWER IN AMERICA, U THINK WE WILL MISS IT?

FOR WAT NAU?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
PointB:

The last one was held in 2014.

We are told it belongs to the Archive? Do you enjoy going round in circle?

Well, if another is called upon, i think it would be beyond archiving and it wont have a tainted view of being partisan..
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
I don't even understand ibos again. Nnamdi kanu is a loony bin. Ojukwu I understand. He was fighting for the sovereignty of his people. Makes perfect sense. But this Nnamdi kanu that carries flag of Israel up and down and thinks he is a Jew. No way this guy won't lead ibos to their destruction if they are stupid enough to follow him. grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by bkool7(m): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
hammer6:

OUR NUMBERS ARE NOT ENOUGH TO CALL REFERENDUM, LET THE NORTH SENATORS JOIN SS/SE SENATORS TO CALL REFERENDUM.

IT IS A WIN WIN FOR EVERYBODY. WE ARE NOT BENEFITING ANYTHING FROM NORTH.

have your senators and Reps tried lobbying those from other regions at all?

The NA is always united against the executive and even against the fight against corruption . They can form that unity for a referendum too

3 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Pesuzok(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
MediumStout:
Nnamdi Kanu just caused wahala for innocent igbo's doing their businesses all over the country. If a referendum is conducted today, 80% of igbo's will vote to remain in Nigeria. The few online miscreants calling for biafra are those who have failed in life and hopeless about tomorrow. Those igbos guys making millions in Alaba and Ladipo market doesn't care about biafra so far Nigeria continues to put food on their table. Nnamdi Kanu should be Re-arrested
This is the simple truth, no successful igbo man residing outside SE will want biafra if it would affect their source of livelihood.

There is this belief that you can achieve biafra and still reside and do business in Nigeria, which I think the Arewa youth are trying to let them know that it is not possible.

When the reality dawn on those igbos outside SE supporting biafra, there will be a rethink.

Biafra is the 5 SE states, let us see how it goes

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by HarunaWest(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
PointB:
When a very sizeable population of any country i.e. Igbos in Nigeria do not feel welcome in their country, how do you expect the best from them? Nigeria can keep patching things up, but it won't change anything.

Some South-East politicians have started clamouring for Presidency in 2019. Let me ask, "Who President epp"? Presidency is just 8 years. In then end just like Obasanjo, and before Yar/GEJ, and eventually Buhari, it won't changed the course of Nigeria.

Permit me to digress. The Nigeria situation is akin to Seun handing over the key of his politics forum to some individuals. Some of these individuals then feel so powerful because they have access to the ban button or perhaps because they never wielded real power. In the end they keep going in circles, chasing same shadow that they have been chasing for over a decade. Then they get frustrated because they are not making any impact: trying same thing and using same tools against same people.

When Seun get tired of their listless and ineffectual meandering, he replaces them like pack of dis-used condoms. We were here when Jarus ended his despotic gatekeeper-ship career in Nairaland. We saw Sexkilz tried to kill everything that moves, and there was ikenna who 'followed' every suspected trouble maker like a shadow. There was Ngwakwe, Afam4eva etc. Today we have OAM4J and others who lurk in his shadow. In the end these people did (sometime without human face) what they thought was best and continued to. Yet here we are. Nairaland has not changed, and doesn't look like changing. The toga of bigotry and tribalism it wore over the years has not been shed. It's rather strengthened despite whatever efforts the MODs claimed they are putting in.

This is no different from the pathetic country Nigeria is. Nigeria is broken, very broken. And none of the past presidents were able to find a solution to it. Neither will new ones with same system. Rather, it get worse with new ones.

Handing over presidency to us (Igbo) in 2019, changes nothing. The best it offers is a Pyhrric victory . For "if the foundation is broken, what can the righteous do?"

This Northern Youth Group are right in their support for the call for referendum. We need to look ourselves in the eyes and decide if we want to be part of the entity called Nigeria. Other ethnic nationalities i.e Yoruba need this referendum too. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is as sweet as stolen water. But there is always consequence. We have run full cycle are back to square one.

We cannot continue to run a country like this. Something need to give - the faulty foundation, I surmise!

Now is the time.

Referendum now!
wonderful write up

3 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by engrchykae(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
MediumStout:
Nnamdi Kanu just caused wahala for innocent igbo's doing their businesses all over the country. If a referendum is conducted today, 80% of igbo's will vote to remain in Nigeria. The few online miscreants calling for biafra are those who have failed in life and hopeless about tomorrow. Those igbos guys making millions in Alaba and Ladipo market doesn't care about biafra so far Nigeria continues to put food on their table. Nnamdi Kanu should be Re-arrested
nnamdi kanu isnt the one who crippled ibeto and ensured that no airport or seaport is working in the eastern region.

7 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by AnanseK(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
Noneroone:
Even though the long epistle reeks of frustration, Arewa youths must be commended for for their new stance on self determination. however, they seem confused- holding carnival with Igbo attire today and next they want support Biafra.

Btw, i hope they know we notice the way they have been trying so hard to associate Biafra with south east geo political zone. we wont get tired of reminding them that south east zone neither represents the entire Biafra nor even the complete Igboland.

their fear just started.

Just go my friend, no foot dragging. you were talking as Igbos and now you want to re-define the Igbo new country.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by bizzibodi(m): 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2017
knowledgeable:

Igbos don't have any problem with the Yorubas, only mouth action or should I say, theoretical problems.
b/c d yoruba is not their overlord.
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by hammer6: 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
GOD BLESS NORTHERN YOUTH?

EVEN THOUGH I KNOW, U LOT WANT TO MAKE THE COUNTRY UNGOVERNABLE FOR OSINBANJO BECOS BUHARI IS A VEGETABLE.

WE KNOW OURSELVES TOO WELL NOW.

FROM WE THE NORTH RATHER JUMP INTO ATLANTIC OCEAN AND DIE, BEFORE BIAFRA RISE TO OSINBANJO LET IGBO GO.

I JUST WANT TO LET U KNOW DAT WE ARE NOT PLAYING UR GAME, BUT U ARE PLAYING OUR GAME.

ULTIMATELY, WRITE UR SENATORS AND REPS TO JOIN SS/SE SENATORS AND REPS TO CALL REFERENDUM.

WITH THAT SINGULAR ACT, IT WILL BE GAME OVER NIGERIA.
Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by Newmanluckyman(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
...I will choose referendum over senseless bloodshed.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by TheRealestGuy(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
I'm not surprised at all when I see comments like: Igbos dominate everyone, they are very aggressive and proud, they don't respect their hosts, bla bla bla...

It's the same way most Europeans and Germans in particular saw the Jews, especially after Hitler whipped up public sentiments against them....

It's only natural human reaction to a people whom even the most average of them can become a success out of nothing; which is God's gift to Igbos...

It's the more reason I see a very bright future for Biafra if it does come, we will all go back and make it a superpower in the nearest future, just as the Jews did... we can and we sure will, do not despair my people...

I believe in Nigeria but not the way it is... If the "owners" decide that they would rather maintain status quo, then I can only want Biafra.

Peace out.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by PROUDLYAFONJA1: 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
Evans and his tribe

6 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by ChimaAdeoye: 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
Shameless Pretenders.
Just allow a REFERENDUM in Nigeria let everyone decide what tbey feel about Nigeria. The same northern fulani people will immediately scream NO !

All they want is the pretence of "one Nigeria" as an excuse to steal other people's resources. They deny they dont want to steal other people's resources. Then lets have true federalism so that everybody develop wuth their own resources and the same people will scream NO! grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by PointB: 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
ITbomb:
Everything here is 100% correct.
From the analogue of the Nairaland scenerio and the Nigeria stalement.

Like I told the other guy here who was preaching about changing our value system as a solution to Nigeria's problems.
You cannot be preaching change in value in a country that is fundamentally skewed to favour a section at the detriment of others. We need a bottom up solution and that is to ask ourselves, "Should we continue together?" if yes, "how should we stay together in terms of resources and policy sharing"

Personally, I prefer a Federation of Nigerian States than some isolated breakaway sovereignty.

Whichever comes first.

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by intruxive(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
Stricker321:

Thank you.

That is their greatest fear.

Igboland is larger than SE and they know it.

Besides, when we leave, the SS will leave too so ultimately they lose.
Just leave, nobody cares anymore

8 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra by caesaraba(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
Esseite:

Or a call for all regions to the round table again would be much better and safer.... dialogue can never be underestimated..

Nah, no need for a round table. I'd prefer a relocation of all Igbos currently inhabiting other parts of the country back to their region so that a proper negotiation for biafraexit can begin. This is actually the right way to do this in order to avoid chaos. The Igbos are actually a very industrious people and I absolutely believe that they can achieve for Biafra in a few years what Nigeria hasn't been able to do for itself.
I earnestly pray the Igbos harken to the call of the Northern youths and begin this mass exodus so that we the rest of Nigeria can focus on other more important things.
These northern youths have begun to make some of us see reason and now suddenly, I'm all for Biafra.
#IgbosOut
Just like it was in Egypt.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Muhammad Auwal: Flying Officer Killed By Boko Haram Terrorists / What Baffles Me In Jamil Abubakar & Fatima Dangote's Wedding / Governor Godwin Obaseki's ADC Collapses At His Swearing-in Ceremony For 2nd Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.