Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt (29948 Views)

Farmers & Fulani Herdsmen Clash In Bassa Kogi, Many Killed (Graphic Photos!!) / 1,000 Houses Burnt In Kasuwan Magani As Kaduna Mayhem Worsens / Many Killed In Kasuwan Magani, Kaduna As Mayhem Breaks Out (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 1:16am On Jun 20, 2017
Jiang:

They will retaliate, i will just advice people in d area to disappear, as this retaliation will be super massive.

Don't promote violence buh peace.
***Go n ask what mambilla people did to fulanis in 2002. That was like the worst genocide in Nigeria after the Biafran war. Over 50,000 fulani refugees fled to Cameroon in that crisis. Have the fulanis retaliated since then?
Some middlebelt tribes are madder than others. Fulanis can easily mess with Tivs n beroms n go free, buh tribes like Mambilla, Jukun, Mumuye, Bachama,Tarok, Ngas, Kataf, Sayawa, Eggon are almost mad people. You will regret ever crossing their paths.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 1:22am On Jun 20, 2017
Laburos:
The Fulanis in Mambila are the Most peaceful people Ive ever known, I lived for over 18 years in Mambilla and I have been visiting since i left in 2005.
Its true they were attacked and killed and Maim, Its a Pity they chose to allow the Mambilas to continue killing them I was there in 2002 when they were attacked it was horrible.
They should armed themselves for self defense or perish in the Hand of the Militias

Yes, fulanis in Mambilla may be peaceful, buh their brethren elsewhere are obtainning loans for them to pay which is unfortunate.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 20, 2017
One day, it will be Nigeria against Fulani at the rate they are going.

undecided

Wetin concern me sef
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by NLandIsHypocrit: 7:44am On Jun 20, 2017
Jiang:

Well you could say that, after all cowards tend to live longer & i very much intend to see my great grand kids & tell them the stories of brave biafrans who where mowed down by the Nigerian army for the second time. Well that's all if my time ain't over, after all who knows how much time we got left
You're not just a coward, you're also dunce.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 8:15am On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

Which Taraba state are you people talking about with 30% fulani population? Are you counting all the muslims in the state as fulanis?

I was referring to the State House of Assembly comprising 30% Fulani Members, not the general population.

I know very well that the entire Muslims population in the State won't make up to 30% of the entire population.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 8:20am On Jun 20, 2017
loshybab:

why did u single out jukun outta the many tribes in the state?

I guess you're a jukun man!

Lol

I am not Jukun. I am from Plateau State.

I didn't want to go into listing all the badass tribes in Taraba like Kuteb and the rest. I for no finish that comment na. Unna tribes many.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 8:23am On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

***Go n ask what mambilla people did to fulanis in 2002. That was like the worst genocide in Nigeria after the Biafran war. Over 50,000 fulani refugees fled to Cameroon in that crisis. Have the fulanis retaliated since then?
Some middlebelt tribes are madder than others. Fulanis can easily mess with Tivs n beroms n go free, buh tribes like Mambilla, Jukun, Mumuye, Bachama,Tarok, Ngas, Kataf, Sayawa, Eggon are almost mad people. You will regret ever crossing their paths.

You are a true middle beltan. You seem to know a lot about the people.

Are you from Taraba?
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

My dear forget the pass, these guys just gave a legimate reason for the fulani herdsmen to attack them. I just hope those crazy dudes won't be involved. You have no idea how far the government went to prevent retaliation that time. oh well, non of business
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 20, 2017
NLandIsHypocrit:
You're not just a coward, you're also dunce.

Well, anything else you wanna add. 4 an ipobian you are a pretty booring fellow

Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by islandmoon: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2017
At the start of the 19th century Ilorin was a border town in the northeast of the Oyo Empire, with a mainly Yoruba population but with many Hausa and Fulani immigrants. It was the headquarters of an Oyo General, Afonja, who rebelled against the empire and helped bring about its collapse with the assistance of the Fulani.[1] The rebellion was powered by Nupe and Bornu Moslem slaves.[2] Afonja had been assisted by Salih Janta, also called Shehu Alimi, a leader of the local Fulani. In 1824 Afonja was assassinated and Alimi's son Abdusalami became Emir.[3] Ilorin became an emirate of the Sokoto Caliphate.[1]
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 10:51am On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

No, you are very very wrong. Fulanis can only claim majority in Jalingo n Gassol LGA.
In Lau, adk and bali, Jukun kona, mumuyes & jibawa outnumber them.
You maybe right about Lau and Bali but I'm not convinced about that of ardo-kola

By the way,what tribe and state are you from?
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 10:54am On Jun 20, 2017
coptic:

I was referring to the State House of Assembly comprising 30% Fulani Members, not the general population.

I know very well that the entire Muslims population in the State won't make up to 30% of the entire population.
You gotta be shitting me with this comment bro!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:02am On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

perhaps, mumuye should be removed from the list.They are peaceful but can drink to the heavens!

I'm impressed by your perceived knowledge about these tribes.....tell me more sweetheart!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:03am On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

perhaps, mumuye should be removed from the list.They are peaceful but can drink to the heavens!
I'm impressed by your perceived knowledge about these tribes.....tell me more sweetheart!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 11:08am On Jun 20, 2017
coptic:

Naah, let's be sincere, muslims are up to 30% in Taraba.

Yaah, they (fulanis/muslims) are very good in politics, buh this is possible with islamic extremism n nothing more.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 11:10am On Jun 20, 2017
coptic:

You are a true middle beltan. You seem to know a lot about the people.

Are you from Taraba?

Naaah, am from Benue/Southern kaduna.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 11:13am On Jun 20, 2017
loshybab:

You maybe right about Lau and Bali but I'm not convinced about that of ardo-kola

By the way,what tribe and state are you from?

Benue/Southern Kaduna.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:13am On Jun 20, 2017
coptic:

Lol

I am not Jukun. I am from Plateau State.

I didn't want to go into listing all the badass tribes in Taraba like Kuteb and the rest. I for no finish that comment na. Unna tribes many.
what tribe in plateau state?

I'm not a taraban, i just spent some time there!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

Yaah, they (fulanis/muslims) are very good in politics, buh this is possible with islamic extremism n nothing more.
Attaching muslims/Islam with extremism with regards politics is very very wrong

Besides,Muslims are majority in TARABA STATE but the Jukuns run the show politically in the state.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:20am On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

Benue/Southern Kaduna.
wowww! how sweet? Let me guess your combo of hybrid;

Jaba/Chamba and Tiv/Idoma
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

Naaah, am from Benue/Southern kaduna.

Wow, that's good to know. A middle-beltan through and through.

You seem to know so much about Taraba state. That's why I thought you were from there.

1 Like

Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
loshybab:

Besides,Muslims are majority in TARABA STATE but the Jukuns run the show politically in the state.

I don't know so much about Taraba, but the one thing I know for sure is that Christians are the majority there, by far even.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

Okay. That's a lot of them then. I have always thought them to be between 20-25% of the entire Population.

Guess your stats includes non Fulani Muslim as well. I've always pictured just fulanis and resident Hausas. Although I've heard that the Mumuyes have some Muslims amidst them.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
coptic:

I don't know so much about Taraba, but the one thing I know for sure is that Christians are the majority there, by far even.
Before I argue further with you,let me ask you these questions:
For how long did you stay in Taraba state?

What part or LGA did you stay?
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
Unity of Purpose? The Fulanis have allies too.

Most educated and Peaceful that too is true.

Been Fulani? I dont know what you are talking about.

Do have a good day and may God grant peace to Mambilla and Taraba and Nigeria.

coptic:

Oga, you said there are over 31% Fulanis in the Taraba State house of Assembly, alleging that in addition to the five LGAs they control, it'll be impossible to wipe them out. And I asked, so the remaining 69% cannot wipe out the 31?

Your explanation about the other tribes being at each others' throats answers that any way.

However, you must understand that when it comes to facing the Fulanis squarely, there's unity of purpose amongst all tribes.

That said, overall, the Taraba based Fulanis are among the most peaceful, tolerant, and educated. Although there are some troublesome elements among them.

We wouldn't have had as many issues if the other Fulanis were like that.

It's obvious that you are Fulani yourself, considering how much you are standing up for them here. Take the message of peace home, and not encourage war. They'll end up losing in the event of that.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
In that Case My Earnest prayers for you is May you pay for the sins of any of your relatives where ever and whenever they commit it.

If you are not a Hypocrite shout amen in Jesus name.

Waiting.

genieluv:

Yes, fulanis in Mambilla may be peaceful, buh their brethren elsewhere are obtainning loans for them to pay which is unfortunate.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2017
Probably I was drinking Burukutu in Zonkwa

genieluv:

Where have you been when fulanis have been killing others? Now, fulanis cannot escape attacks in Taraba cos they have many settlements there.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Cityguy: 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2017
Malawian:

pictures of the so-called attack or...
Yes oooo. We see pics of those they hacked to death in Kduna, Jos, Nasarawa etc. It is only fair to see those of them killed to buttress their allegations. That to isn't too much to ask.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Cityguy: 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
Yes oooo. We see pics of those they hacked to death in Kduna, Jos, Nasarawa etc. It is only fair to see those of them killed to buttress their allegations. That to isn't too much to ask.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 9:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
loshybab:

Muslims majority in Taraba state? You are dead wrong.
You n i know it is impossible for muslims to be politically dominated in a place where they are the majority.
***Christians are the ones easily dominated politically because we don't see politics as a do or die affair like you muslims do.
The first n 2nd civilian governors of Taraba were not jukun, so, how do they run show in Taraba?
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
loshybab:

wowww! how sweet?
Let me guess your combo of hybrid;

Jaba/Chamba and Tiv/Idoma

Holly Chamba is not a tribe in Kaduna but Taraba n Adamawa.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 9:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
coptic:

Wow, that's good to know. A middle-beltan through and through.

You seem to know so much about Taraba state. That's why I thought you were from there.

really? So much? I can't say i do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Micheal Chidozie: Police Arrest Activist For Beating Wife To Death In Rivers / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 2 NSCDC Officials In Benue State (Graphic Photos) / EFCC Arrests 52 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Benin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.