Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,454 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt (29969 Views)

Farmers & Fulani Herdsmen Clash In Bassa Kogi, Many Killed (Graphic Photos!!) / 1,000 Houses Burnt In Kasuwan Magani As Kaduna Mayhem Worsens / Many Killed In Kasuwan Magani, Kaduna As Mayhem Breaks Out (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 9:41pm On Jun 20, 2017
coptic:

Okay. That's a lot of them then. I have always thought them to be between 20-25% of the entire Population.

Guess your stats includes non Fulani Muslim as well. I've always pictured just fulanis and resident Hausas. Although I've heard that the Mumuyes have some Muslims amidst them.

Nah, they are more than 25%, they could even be more than 30%, maybe 35%.
*** Half of Jukun jibu people (Jibawa) are muslims and they are the majority in Bali LGA. Many Jukun kona and Chamba people are also muslims.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 10:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

*** Half of Jukun jibu people (Jibawa) are muslims and they are the majority in Bali LGA. Many Jukun kona and Chamba people are also muslims.

Okay. Thanks for this.

Although I must that I'm a bit surprised that there are so many Muslims there.

I wonder if you know anything about Gombe State, concerning their religious composition that is. I tried to look the stats up but Google wasn't returning much info.

I know that Tangale are the majority there, most of whom are Christians, I believe. At least, all the ones I've met or know are.

Makes me wonder how come the Fulanis, who are said to be in the minority, dominate them.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 10:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

Holly Chamba is not a tribe in Kaduna but Taraba n Adamawa.
I knew they are predominantly found in old gongola but I thought a fraction of them live in kaduna too...may be I'm wrong afterall,I'm not too familiar with many indigenous kaduna tribes except some few
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

Muslims majority in Taraba state? You are dead wrong.
You n i know it is impossible for muslims to be politically dominated in a place where they are the majority.
***Christians are the ones easily dominated politically because we don't see politics as a do or die affair like you muslims do.
The first n 2nd civilian governors of Taraba were not jukun, so, how do they run show in Taraba?
I say you're the one that's dead wrong here.

if we're to analyse the religions of the major tribes in each LGA,i say the Muslims will come out on top.

The issue of Christians dominating the politics in the state is owed of the godfatherism of TY DANJUMA and the very high illiteracy level of mumuye and some other muslim-dominating minorities.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
genieluv:

1st of all,i do think kona is still a dialect of jukun language and not a different tribe entirely.I don't really know about the jibawas though.

And your perceived 35% muslims of total taraba population is a joke for the ages!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nowenuse: 8:57am On Jun 21, 2017
coptic:

Okay. Thanks for this.

Although I must that I'm a bit surprised that there are so many Muslims there.

I wonder if you know anything about Gombe State, concerning their religious composition that is. I tried to look the stats up but Google wasn't returning much info.

I know that Tangale are the majority there, most of whom are Christians, I believe. At least, all the ones I've met or know are.

Makes me wonder how come the Fulanis, who are said to be in the minority, dominate them.

There is a hausa-fulani muslim population agenda in Taraba & Adamawa states and this agenda is to populate the areas with muslims from other states and even countries.

Can't you see that the governor sacked some fulani district heads in the state last year? What were they doing? They were busy allocating the lands of Taraba indigenes to Hausa- fulani immigrants from Zamfara, Jigawa e.t.c.

Originally, muslims were just like 25% or less of Taraba state, but now they are around 35% .

Gombe state should be something around 60% muslims or slightly less.
Fulanis are the majority tribe, followed by Tangale, Waja, Terawa, Bolewa and many other smaller tribes.

The Tangale n Waja are predominantly christians, Terawa are like 50/50, bolewa are dominantly muslims while the other dozen smaller groups like Banbuka, Pero, Cham, Wurukun e.t.c are predominantly christians.

And please, fulanis do not dominate Gombe politically, but muslims do, the current governor is Terawa by tribe and not fulani, the previous governor was Jukun pindiga by tribe and i think the first civilian governor was likely Bolewa by tribe, or maybe fulani.

Tangale or Waja always produce the deputy governor, deputy speaker, almost everything deputy. Lol This is because they have failed to unite themselves as Southern gombe people just as southern kaduna people did, instead they prefer fighting over 2nd class status (deputy governor or Senatorship of Gombe south).
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nowenuse: 9:01am On Jun 21, 2017
loshybab:

1st of all,i do think kona is still a dialect of jukun language and not a different tribe entirely.I don't really know about the jibawas though.

And your perceived 35% muslims of total taraba population is a joke for the ages!

Kona is a jukun subtribe which sometimes identifies as a distinct identity, likewise Ichen, Wapan, Kpanzu, Jibu (Jibawa) and others.

Jibawa are also Jukun Jibu and they were highly islamized, so about half of them are muslims. They are the dominant tribe in Bali & Gashaka LGAs.

genieluv may not be wrong with her 35% though, it's possible, considering the increased immigration of muslims into the state over the years, but i think muslims should be about 30% in the state.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nowenuse: 9:23am On Jun 21, 2017
loshybab:

if we're to analyse the religions of the major tribes in each LGA,i say the Muslims will come out on top.

The issue of Christians dominating the politics in the state is owed of the godfatherism of TY DANJUMA and the very high illiteracy level of mumuye and some other muslim-dominating minorities.

Analyse what?

Oya come out let us analyse!

The only clearly muslim dominated LGAs in Taraba are Ibi, Gassol, Jalingo, Bali.
Jalingo n Gassol are dominated by fulani muslims, Bali dominated by Jibu muslims and Ibi by Hausa/Jukun muslims.

I know many of you liars will claim Ardo-kola, Gashaka and Sardauna as muslim dominated, but that is senseless. These 3 LGAs are at most 50/50 religiously.

Fulanis may have the largest ethnicity in Ardo kola, but the combination of Jukun Kona, Mumuye, Yandang and other christian tribes equal them or even outnumber them.
Mambilla people remain the majority tribe in Sardauna and they are dominantly christians.

Now, let us count the clearly christian dominated LGAs.

Yorro, Zing, Lau, Karim lamido, Wukari, Takum, Donga, Ussa, Kurmi.

Wukari, Donga, Takum and Ussa are overwhemingly dominated by Jukun, Kuteb and Tiv christians.

Yorro, Zing and parts of Lau heavily dominated by Mumuye christians.

Kurmi is dominated by Tigon, Ndola and other smaller christian tribes.
Fulanis may be the single largest ethnic group in Lau but they cannot match the combination of Kona, Mumuye, Yandang and other christian groups.

In Karim lamido, Wurukun are the single largest ethnic group and are dominantly muslims with a significant christian minority, but by the time you include the Jenjo, Karimjo and other dozens of smaller ethnic groups there, the christians clearly outnumber the muslims.

This is my analysis! Bring yours let us see.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nowenuse: 9:31am On Jun 21, 2017
loshybab:

This is absurd! Mumuye people are not as illiterate as they were 30 years ago, all the mumuye youths i come across in recent years were educated.

Why did the godfatherism of TY Danjuma not make christians to dominate the Senatorship and house of represenatives of Taraba at the FG level? Rubbish!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nowenuse: 9:33am On Jun 21, 2017
genieluv:

Holly Chamba is not a tribe in Kaduna but Taraba n Adamawa.

For a lady, i admire your knowledge on demographics, keep it up!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 9:38am On Jun 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

There is a hausa-fulani muslim population agenda in Taraba & Adamawa states and this agenda is to populate the areas with muslims from other states and even countries.

Can't you see that the governor sacked some fulani district heads in the state last year? What were they doing? They were busy allocating the lands of Taraba indigenes to Hausa- fulani immigrants from Zamfara, Jigawa e.t.c.

Originally, muslims were just like 25% or less of Taraba state, but now they are around 35% .

Gombe state should be something around 60% muslims or slightly less.
Fulanis are the majority tribe, followed by Tangale, Waja, Terawa, Bolewa and many other smaller tribes.

The Tangale n Waja are predominantly christians, Terawa are like 50/50, bolewa are dominantly muslims while the other dozen smaller groups like Banbuka, Pero, Cham, Wurukun e.t.c are predominantly christians.

And please, fulanis do not dominate Gombe politically, but muslims do, the current governor is Terawa by tribe and not fulani, the previous governor was Jukun pindiga by tribe and i think the first civilian governor was likely Bolewa by tribe, or maybe fulani.
Tangale or Waja always produce the deputy governor, deputy speaker, almost everything deputy. Lol

LOL @ everything deputy.

This is insightful. Thanks for taking the time to highlight these points.

I have always wondered what the situation is in Gombe and Adamawa.

I am well travelled and stuff, but I don't really know much about the two states in terms of their religious composition. Left to me, I'd think they are both christian majorities. Because I've had neighbors in the Army Barracks, friends, school mates, and whatnot from the said states. But about 95% of the people I know from the states are Christians. Even the ones I know from a muslim-dominated uni like ABU are about 97% Christians. So I've always wondered how come the Muslims dominate them.

Are you from Gombe or you reside there? That's so much knowledge up there.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 9:51am On Jun 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

This is absurd! Mumuye people are not as illiterate as they were 30 years ago, all the mumuye youths i come across in recent years were educated.

Why did the godfatherism of TY Danjuma not make christians to dominate the Senatorship and house of represenatives of Taraba at the FG level? Rubbish!

I initially tried to indulge the guy, as he said to have lived in Taraba. Then I sensed that he is sympathetic to the Muslim cause, so I stayed away.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nowenuse: 9:53am On Jun 21, 2017
coptic:

LOL @ everything deputy.

This is insightful. Thanks for taking the time to highlight these points.

I have always wondered what the situation is in Gombe and Adamawa.

I am well travelled and stuff, but I don't really know much about the two states in terms of their religious composition. Left to me, I'd think they are both christian majorities. Because I've had neighbors in the Army Barracks, friends, school mates, and whatnot from the said states. But about 95% of the people I know from the states are Christians. Even the ones I know from a muslim-dominated uni like ABU are about 97% Christians. So I've always wondered how come the Muslims dominate them.

Are you from Gombe or you reside there? That's so much knowledge up there.

I am from Plateau state, but widely travelled, widely read and knowledgeble about Nigerian demographics.

Yes, you and i would probably meet more christians from these places because we are christians whereas a muslim may likely meet more muslims from these places.

You know, we northern and middlebelt christians did not wise up politically early enough, compared to the hausa- fulanis and muslim groups whom their fathers chartered the political destiny of Nigeria from the begininng.

Our Christianity and christian doctrines was also a major setback to us politically, because we were meant to believe that politics is for the sinners and evil people and we christians are not people of this world, 'gidan mu a sama ne' cheesy whereas Hausa-fulanis and muslims were always taught that it is a taboo for arna to rule over muslims no matter what.

Another problem with northern and middlebelt christians was the emirate/indirect system of rulership where our people were forced under emirate rule by the british in connivance with hausa-fulanis.

Many of we Plateau groups were forced under Bauchi emirate, but luckily for us, our fathers heavily rejected this and we were removed. Some southern kaduna and Nasarawa peeps also rejected it but most did not and they were just getting their chiefdoms a decade or two ago.
So many/most non-muslim tribes in Borno, Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe, Niger and Kebbi states have not gotten their independence from these emirates till date.
Now, tell me why such people will not be heavily dominated when they are ruled traditionally by their opressors!

You can see that we have a lot of work to do!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 10:08am On Jun 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

I am from Plateau state, but widely travelled, widely read and knowledgeble about Nigerian demographics.

Yes, you and i would probably meet more christians from these places because we are christians whereas a muslim may likely meet more muslims from these places.

You know, we northern and middlebelt christians did not wise up politically early enough, compared to the hausa- fulanis and muslim groups whom their fathers chartered the political destiny of Nigeria from the begininng.

Our Christianity and christian doctrines was also a major setback to us politically, because we were meant to believe that politics is for the sinners and evil people and we christians are not people of this world, 'gidan mu a sama ne' cheesy whereas Hausa-fulanis and muslims were always taught that it is a taboo for arna to rule over muslims no matter what.

Another problem with northern and middlebelt christians was the emirate/indirect system of rulership where our people were forced under emirate rule by the british in connivance with hausa-fulanis.

Many of we Plateau groups were forced under Bauchi emirate, but luckily for us, our fathers heavily rejected this and we were removed. Some southern kaduna and Nasarawa peeps also rejected it but most did not and they were just getting their chiefdoms a decade or two ago.
So many/most non-muslim tribes in Borno, Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe, Niger and Kebbi states have not gotten their independence from these emirates till date.
Now, tell me why such people will not be heavily dominated when they are ruled traditionally by their opressors!

Wow. This is impressive!

I am from Plateau State myself.

Your knowledge of history demographics is admirable.

There's a lot that still needs to be done.

Your perspective of the political aspect of things are great too. I am glad that Plateau State woke up as early as she did. And for some reasons, the only plus from the numerous ethno-religious crises that plagued Plateau further opened our eyes to their sinister agendas. At least the berom and Afizere people have stopped selling them lands, thanks to it.

Again, what's your take on Nassarawa? I believe they are Christian majority as well.

1 Like

Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 10:42am On Jun 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

For a lady, i admire your knowledge on demographics, keep it up!

Thanks smiley i try my little best here.

loshybab:

I knew they are predominantly found in old gongola but I thought a fraction of them live in kaduna too...may be I'm wrong afterall,I'm not too familiar with many indigenous kaduna tribes except some few

Lol, Gongola n Kaduna are very far away from each other. How could they be in Kaduna? Well, that means, they would have to be in Gombe, Bauchi & Plateau, cks these states seperate Gongola & Kaduna.

**** Well, let me help you a bit. These are the major ethnic groups in Southern kaduna. >>>>> Kataf (atyap), Jaba, Adara, Kaje, Gbagyi, Chawai, Kurama, Kagoro, Ninkyob, Kagoma. There are many others buh they are quite smaller in population
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by mekybabe1: 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2017
They killed cows and they are talking. When they attacked a village in Nsukka, killing hundreds of people while they slept at night, where were you? When they rape,rob and kill people, what has the Government done about it till date?! How many of them have been arrested for these crimes? Our farmlands are being destroyed by their cattle and famine is gradually setting in. Hunger in the land. Since the Government has decided to be silent, we have no other choice than to fight back!
EazyMoh:

So attacking a settlement and burning theirs houses is now the same as defending yourself right?
You actually call this barbarism a good news. Am seriously ashamed of our so called educated youth.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nowenuse: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2017
coptic:

Wow. This is impressive!

I am from Plateau State myself.

Your knowledge of history demographics is admirable.

There's a lot that still needs to be done.

Your perspective of the political aspect of things are great too. I am glad that Plateau State woke up as early as she did. And for some reasons, the only plus from the numerous ethno-religious crises that plagued Plateau further opened our eyes to their sinister agendas. At least the berom and Afizere people have stopped selling them lands, thanks to it.

Again, what's your take on Nassarawa? I believe they are Christian majority as well.

Thank you.

I am also glad that our elders in Plateau never succumbed to be under Bauchi emirate. We were such a large population of people that could not be penetrated and our location on the highlands/Plateau also gave us a comparative advantage against these jihadists and their strategies.

Yes, it's not enough for us to be happy that we were not enslaved by emirates. How have we used our status to help our brothers in need? Our cultural relatives who were unfortunately victimized and exploited by these emirates? Thank God for Southern Kaduna people who have been able to unite themselves and stand on their feet even in the face of political opression and domination.
The point is that we have to large unite ourselves, develop a common identity and fight for a common goal.

Yes. Nasarawa is dominantly christian, about (55-60%) christian or slightly more.
The problem over there is tribal division. Tribalism has heavily divided the christian population. Tribal identity is more important than christian identity over there, so the muslims easily took advantage of this and continue to dominate them.
Another problem is the christians of Nasarawa west, Gbagyis, Gades, Gwandaras and others who are largely illiterate and rural (although they are gradually improving). Go and see the way hausa-fulani and others muslims are dominating their towns and controlling their lives while they the indigenes continue to wallow in poverty in the villages. It's just pathetic. This is also the same problem with many Adamawa christian tribes.

A lot of things cannot and should not be said here.

The point remains that a lot of things need to be done to and for most northern/middlebelt christians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nowenuse:

Thank you.

I am also glad that our elders in Plateau never succumbed to be under Bauchi emirate. We were such a large population of people that could not be penetrated and our location on the highlands/Plateau also gave us a comparative advantage against these jihadists and their strategies.

Yes, it's not enough for us to be happy that we were not enslaved by emirates. How have we used our status to help our brothers in need? Our cultural relatives who were unfortunately victimized and exploited by these emirates? Thank God for Southern Kaduna people who have been able to unite themselves and stand on their feet even in the face of political opression and domination.
The point is that we have to large unite ourselves, develop a common identity and fight for a common goal.

Yes. Nasarawa is dominantly christian, about (55-60%) christian or slightly more.
The problem over there is tribal division. Tribalism has heavily divided the christian population. Tribal identity is more important than christian identity over there, so the muslims easily took advantage of this and continue to dominate them.
Another problem is the christians of Nasarawa west, Gbagyis, Gades, Gwandaras and others who are largely illiterate and rural (although they are gradually improving). Go and see the way hausa-fulani and others muslims are dominating their towns and controlling their lives while they the indigenes continue to wallow in poverty in the villages. It's just pathetic. This is also the same problem with many Adamawa christian tribes.

A lot of things cannot and should not be said here.

The point remains that a lot of things need to be done to and for most northern/middlebelt christians.

Yet another knowledgeable perspective.

You have offered some really wise observations. Thanks, bro.

Tribal supremacy is one evil we ought to kill, lest it kills us in the middle belt. From all you have said, I can surmise that the Muslims got the upper due mainly to tribal infighting among locals. It's unfortunate that these issued persist to this day.

Something has to be done. They Hausa-fulani deliberately planted their people to cause and take advantage of the divides amongst the people.

I'm still very young. But I intend to take some campaigns offline in the near future. Our people need to know. This cannot continue.

Like you rightly pointed out, certain things aren't meant for public consumption.

Thanks, again!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nowenuse: 7:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
coptic:

Yet another knowledgeable perspective.

You have offered some really wise observations. Thanks, bro.

Tribal supremacy is one evil we ought to kill, lest it kills us in the middle belt. From all you have said, I can surmise that the Muslims got the upper due mainly to tribal infighting among locals. It's unfortunate that these issued persist to this day.

Something has to be done. They Hausa-fulani deliberately planted their people to cause and take advantage of the divides amongst the people.

I'm still very young. But I intend to take some campaigns offline in the near future. Our people need to know. This cannot continue.

Like you rightly pointed out, certain things aren't meant for public consumption.

Thanks, again!

You are welcome.

I am young too (in my early 20s), so, you may be older than me. Lol.

I also plan on doing somethings similar on what you said in the nearest future too offline. So i guess that makes two of us.

I will contact you (pm you) as soon as i am ready to kick off in the future. So, hope you do not loose or change your account. Do you accept? Warm regards.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by coptic: 8:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nowenuse:

You are welcome.

I am young too (in my early 20s), so, you may be older than me. Lol.

I also plan on doing somethings similar on what you said in the nearest future too offline. So i guess that makes two of us.

I will contact you (pm you) as soon as i am ready to kick off in the future. So, hope you do not loose or change your account. Do you accept? Warm regards.

Wow, this is nice, bro.

You know so much for your young age. I am even more impressed now than I was initially.

That makes the two of us, definitely. I'll inform you in the event that I lose this moniker, which I doubt.

Do I accept? That was a yes even before you asked. Lol.

cool

Greetings, brother.

1 Like

Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2017
genieluv:

Thanks smiley i try my little best here.

Lol, Gongola n Kaduna are very far away from each other. How could they be in Kaduna? Well, that means, they would have to be in Gombe, Bauchi & Plateau, cks these states seperate Gongola & Kaduna.

**** Well, let me help you a bit. These are the major ethnic groups in Southern kaduna. >>>>> Kataf (atyap), Jaba, Adara, Kaje, Gbagyi, Chawai, Kurama, Kagoro, Ninkyob, Kagoma. There are many others buh they are quite smaller in population
thanks a bunch!!!
I've heard about some of them but never knew they were indigenous to kaduna,having lived with just some few jaba folks gbagyi albeit the ones in Niger state.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 9:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nowenuse:

Kona is a jukun subtribe which sometimes identifies as a distinct identity, likewise Ichen, Wapan, Kpanzu, Jibu (Jibawa) and others.

Jibawa are also Jukun Jibu and they were highly islamized, so about half of them are muslims. They are the dominant tribe in Bali & Gashaka LGAs.

genieluv may not be wrong with her 35% though, it's possible, considering the increased immigration of muslims into the state over the years, but i think muslims should be about 30% in the state.
Young man! I had to make sure I'm not being disturbed to point out the many errors and sentiments in your analysis,hence the reason for responding to this your mention his late.

You earlier claimed genieluv assumption of 35% was wrong and you even brought it down to 30%,which is not only laughable but also ridiculous.

it should be noted that even your wrong analysis above will not amount to 30% or even 35% if u want to be objective enough.

>>>>>>>coming next is my analysis■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nowenuse:

Analyse what?

The only clearly muslim dominated LGAs in Taraba are Ibi, Gassol, Jalingo, Bali.
Jalingo n Gassol are dominated by fulani muslims, Bali dominated by Jibu muslims and Ibi by Hausa/Jukun muslims.

I know many of you liars will claim Ardo-kola, Gashaka and Sardauna as muslim dominated, but that is senseless. These 3 LGAs are at most 50/50 religiously.

Fulanis may have the largest ethnicity in Ardo kola, but the combination of Jukun Kona, Mumuye, Yandang and other christian tribes equal them or even outnumber them.
Mambilla people remain the majority tribe in Sardauna and they are dominantly christians.

Wukari, Donga, Takum and Ussa are overwhemingly dominated by Jukun, Kuteb and Tiv christians.

Fulanis may be the single largest ethnic group in Lau but they cannot match the combination of Kona, Mumuye, Yandang and other christian groups.

In Karim lamido, Wurukun are the single largest ethnic group and are dominantly muslims with a significant christian minority, but by the time you include the Jenjo, Karimjo and other dozens of smaller ethnic groups there, the christians clearly outnumber the muslims.

Hello brother!
I honestly want you to read through this(my subsequent posts on this thread)with a wide open mind and utmost objectivity.
but before I start,consider these factors>>>>>>>>>

●The traditional ruler in northern communities normally come from the dominating tribe
●The religion of that ruler is also the dominating religion of that dominant tribe.
●The tribes in which the names of the town are given
--------------------------------------------------------------
Having said that,enjoy the low-down of my analysis

MUSLIM DOMINATED LGAs IN TARABA STATE

■Jalingo: due to the above laid factors.it is indigenously dominated by fulanis (almost all Muslims )although fractions of kona and mumuye can be found
■Gassol:same as above
■Bali:Dominated by the jibu Muslims and fulanis (considering the name of the LGA headquarters which is garba chede;fulfulde name)
■Ibi:Dominated by the Hausa and Jukun Muslims
■Sadauna:Haba mallam! How can you say the ratio here is 50/50 when the indigenous tribes are Mambilla,Fulani,Kaka,Panso and Kambu.The population of the last 3 tribes are isn't that much owing to the fact that they were remnants who stayed behind when Nigeria claimed the Mambilla plateau since they are originally from Cameroon(read up on that since u claimed to read wide,which I love though).The Mambillas are majorly Muslims and don't even give me that poo u posted up there,considering the factors earlier stated up.
■Gashaka:Also dominated by jibu Muslims and logically some few fulanis and Mambilla coz it borders Bali and Sadauna LGAs
■Ardo kola:Dominated by Fulanis as u have stated up but u should also know that the kona,mumuyes and yandang you mentioned also have few Muslims among them.Now tell me how their christian combination will usurp that of the muslims
■Zing:Mumuyes are majorly muslims and they effing dominate this area with insignificant Fulanis. this is evident by their emir (who I heard lost his life in the last HAJJ stampede)
■Lau:Dominated by Muslim fulanis and mumuye with some minor Christian-dominating tribes whose names I can't remember but they bear names like Banga,Madanga,Luna etc (you may knw the tribe with those names)

Now,CHRISTIAN DOMINANT LGAS
■Kurmi:overwhelmingly dominated by tigon, Ndola,Ichen etc ■Donga, ■Takum:Dominated by Jukun and Tiv
■Wukari:The Jukun headquarters headed by the AKUKA (consider the above factors).
■Yorro:the only LGA with large Christian mumuyes
■Ussa:Dominated by the kutebs
■Karim-lamido:this LGA is fucking too heterogeneous with over 15 (if not far more) very insignificant minority tribes. I concur with your analysis in this area but the ratio here is not overwhelming as you claimed,considering we have significant Muslim Jenjos,Karimjo,Gobu, Lo,Banbuka etc now added to the wurkum.
>>>>>>Now,compare this to yours with a clear mind brother

YOU CAN MISINFORM OTHER PEOPLE HERE BUT NOT MEEEEEE,atleast not after I''ve lived and mixed with them all.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nowenuse:

Analyse what?

Hello brother!
I honestly want you to read through this(my subsequent posts on this thread)with a wide open mind and utmost objectivity.

●The traditional ruler in northern communities normally come from the dominating tribe
●The religion of that ruler is also the dominating religion of that dominant tribe.

■Jalingo: due to the above laid factors.it is indigenously dominated by fulanis (almost all Muslims )although fractions of kona and mumuye can be found
■Bali:Dominated by the jibu Muslims and fulanis (considering the name of the LGA headquarters which is garba chede;fulfulde name)
■Sadauna:Haba mallam! How can you say the ratio here is 50/50 when the indigenous tribes are Mambilla,Fulani,Kaka,Panso and Kambu.The population of the last 3 tribes are isn't that much owing to the fact that they were remnants who stayed behind when Nigeria claimed the Mambilla plateau since they are originally from Cameroon(read up on that since u claimed to read wide,which I love though).The Mambillas are majorly Muslims and don't even give me that poo u posted up there,considering the factors earlier stated up.
■Gashaka:Also dominated by jibu Muslims and logically some few fulanis and Mambilla coz it borders Bali and Sadauna LGAs
■Ardo kola:Dominated by Fulanis as u have stated up but u should also know that the kona,mumuyes and yandang you mentioned also have few Muslims among them.Now tell me how their christian combination will usurp that of the muslims
■Zing:Mumuyes are majorly muslims and they effing dominate this area with insignificant Fulanis. this is evident by their emir (who I heard lost his life in the last HAJJ stampede)
■Lau:Dominated by Muslim fulanis and mumuye with some minor Christian-dominating tribes whose names I can't remember but they bear names like Banga,Madanga,Luna etc (you may knw the tribe with those names)

■Kurmi:overwhelmingly dominated by tigon, Ndola,Ichen etc ■Donga, ■Takum:Dominated by Jukun and Tiv
■Wukari:The Jukun headquarters headed by the AKUKA (consider the above factors).
■Karim-lamido:this LGA is fucking too heterogeneous with over 15 (if not far more) very insignificant minority tribes. I concur with your analysis in this area but the ratio here is not overwhelming as you claimed,considering we have significant Muslim Jenjos,Karimjo,Gobu, Lo,Banbuka etc now added to the wurkum.

YOU CAN MISINFORM OTHER PEOPLE HERE BUT NOT MEEEEEE,atleast not after I''ve lived and mixed with them all
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2017
coptic:

I initially tried to indulge the guy, as he said to have lived in Taraba. Then I sensed that he is sympathetic to the Muslim cause, so I stayed away.

perhaps,what you sensed was wrong.

I lived in a Muslim dominated neighbourhood but hustled in Christian dominated neighbourhoods.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nowenuse:

'come across,just as COPTIC used the few people he met in the barracks to judge.....go check out their domains and see the level of their literacy compared to other dominant tribes in the state

I don't know about 30yrs ago but this present age!

and lest I forget,next time,u don't have to use vulgar words before you can make your points/opinions heard.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nowenuse:

Your second statement caught my fancy.exactly the point about TARABA state if u don't mix with enough people from both sides.

God bless this my Banbuka babe and Jenjo mamas and baes back then, them sabi treat visitors ehhhhnnnnn!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by loshybab(m): 11:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
i would have rightly analysed the comments between you two; COPTIC AND NOWENUSE,but time will not permit me

but then,let me chip in this

about the Muslim agenda you falsely claimed they are trying to execute in Adamawa and Taraba states, i say the Taraba Christians are the ones with a clear agenda, if you doubt me...

the agenda is called 'THE COVENANT'. find out about it before you engage me in a discussion about agenda in old GONGOLA state, until then,i say i do love your knowledge of demographics but then, you can't feed me shit about TARABA STATE!
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by genieluv(f): 10:46am On Jun 23, 2017
loshybab:

Hello brother!

YOU CAN MISINFORM OTHER PEOPLE HERE BUT NOT MEEEEEE,atleast not after I''ve lived and mixed with them all

With all due respect i highly disagree with this analysis of yours.
It is obvious that you are not a northerner or middlebelter, so you may really not know a lot of things surrounding the history of the people.

****I would have engaged you here buh your first 3 lines/points clearly disqualified you.

Go n read about the indirect rule traditional system of govnmt that was practiced in the old northern Nigerian protectorate where the British colonialists classified almost all northern minority groups under hausa-fulani emirates for administrative convenience.
This is the reason why you see many northern minority groups still being ruled by fulani emirates in many northern states. So, your claim of the traditional rulers and their religions speaking for the majority of the people is purely ignorance!

>>>>> Do you know that 30 years ago, the only traditional rulers in Southern Kaduna were the Emir of Jema'a, Emir of Jere & Emir of Lere? All Southern Kaduna people were ruled n administrated directly from Zaria and the emirates there, buh did that stop Southern Kaduna from being 90- 95% christian?
Southern Kaduna people fought for n got all their independent chiefdoms you see there today in the last few decades.

••••``go n read northern history please.

1 Like

Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nowenuse: 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
loshybab:

Hello brother!

It's very obvious that you are ignorant about many things about the north and genieluv just gave you a perfect reply above.

I could no longer take your analysis any serious when i saw you including Zing as a muslim dominated area and making reference to the muslim ruler as a case.

If there is any part of mumuye land with significant muslims, it is Yorro, where at least 1/3 of the population is muslim and hell not Zing. .....Zing is a christian mumuye stronghold and there is no single muslim dominated community there. If you doubt, check all the councillors in Zing LGA and tell me how many muslims you will find. The traditional ruler being a muslim was just a one in a million chance and there is a good explanation for it. ........

Go and read northern history as genieluv told you. Cos you are making very erroneous generalizations about the terrain.
Cos you sound just like someone that will say Gwoza LGA in southern Borno or Southern Borno is dominantly muslim because all the traditional rulers there and the biggest political leaders are muslims.

I am from Plateau state for instance, Mangu LGA precisely. If you come to my LGA, the 2 largest towns there Mangu & Gindiri towns have so much muslims (both indigene and settler muslims) and if you use these 2 major towns to judge religious composition, you will quickly conclude that the entire LGA is muslim dominated or 50/50 but far from that, Christians are 75- 80% of the population, just that most christians live in interior villages and areas. Hausa-fulani and muslims usually live by the roadside and towns which easily sends a wrong message of domination to passers-by and observers.

This is a phenomenon that is very common in northern minority areas. And you may never understand all these unless you are from this terrain or born and bred there.
Re: Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt by Nowenuse: 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
genieluv:

With all due respect i highly disagree with this analysis of yours.
It is obvious that you are not a northerner or middlebelter, so you may really not know a lot of things surrounding the history of the people.

****I would have engaged you here buh your first 3 lines/points clearly disqualified you.

Go n read about the indirect rule traditional system of govnmt that was practiced in the old northern Nigerian protectorate where the British colonialists classified almost all northern minority groups under hausa-fulani emirates for administrative convenience.
This is the reason why you see many northern minority groups still being ruled by fulani emirates in many northern states. So, your claim of the traditional rulers and their religions speaking for the majority of the people is purely ignorance!

>>>>> Do you know that 30 years ago, the only traditional rulers in Southern Kaduna were the Emir of Jema'a, Emir of Jere & Emir of Lere? All Southern Kaduna people were ruled n administrated directly from Zaria and the emirates there, buh did that stop Southern Kaduna from being 90- 95% christian?
Southern Kaduna people fought for n got all their independent chiefdoms you see there today in the last few decades.

••••``go n read northern history please.

Good reply.

Loshybab is just a visitor to the north, if he understood the region very well and the history, he wouldn't have said some things he did here or made some wrong generalizations.
What you said about Southern kaduna is very true. Do you know that there are still few tribes who are still ruled by Zaria emirate in Southern kaduna? Even my own people in Plateau state used to be ruled from Bauchi emirates decades ago. What about the Sayawa people (speaker Yakubu Dogara's people) who are overwhemingly christians but have been ruled by Bauchi emirate since independence? They just got their own traditional chiefdom few years ago.

Southern Kebbi and Southern Borno people are predominantly christians but they have no single chiefdom and keep on being ruled by muslim emirates all their lives (but i know one day they will break out) just as southern kaduna people did.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘My Wife Committed Suicide Because I Caught Her Cheating' - Suspect / Aluu 4 Trial : Court Sentences 3 To Death For Murder / Uncla Body Dumped By The Roadside After Being Hacked To Death By Cultists. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.