Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) (3386 Views)

A Quick Test To See If You've Been Infected By The Feminism Virus! / Wedding Of Shurri Baby, Feminist Who Hates Nigerian Men / Photos: This Is NOT The Feminism That We Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
You are right we both can learn.my dear there is a reason while the era before the middle ages is called the dark ages, because almost nothing is known about that era so out of the window with that point, but like i said things are changing this new millenium and we are either making the change, going with the flow or against it. Sex will forever be a two way street, communication between two people in the most pleasurable way.

Thank you, pleasure your husband and let him to the same if he doesn't know how to, teach him and this can be achieved through communication like you stated. Be loving to him and he would do the same.

Women have a lot of power especially in relationships but they don't know this instead they chase shadows.

catch you some other time.

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Kondomatic(m): 11:56am On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Sorry, i forgot you were aethist, still doesnt stop me from saying that simple prayer for you, it also doesnt stop you from seeing a licensed therapist
If you think that being confidence in yourself and believing that impossible is nothing if you plan well and execute well is what makes one an Atheist then your problem is bigger than I imagined.

Jesus will never do for a man what he's empowered him to take responsibilities for.

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
On that we agree, faith without works is dead. True Change begins with every nigerian.
Kondomatic:
If you think that being confidence in yourself and believing that impossible is nothing if you plan well and execute well is what makes one an Atheist then your problem is bigger than I imagined.

Jesus will never do for a man what he's empowered him to take responsibilities for.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
You will never see that Safiaa on this type of beautiful thread except the type that involves fighting
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
Please explain further on the differences between the two.
Tahrah:
People should stop confusing radical feminism with feminism.Feminism started at a time when women were severely marginalised simply because of their gender.It's purpose is not to create some form of matriarchy,rather to provide equal opportunities for both male and female.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2017
Na wa for you o, how is your day going.
Jacksparr0w127:
You will never see that Safiaa on this type of beautiful thread except the type that involves fighting
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by sarahade(f): 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
JacksonD7:

A man who caters for his family and is in control of his home is an ego mantic freak, wow.

What would you prefer to call a real man then, the player who can't stick around?

Or the one who hands control to the woman so he won't be seen as a control freak?.
What if the woman is the one catering for the family she should be in control too.
Catering for the family is a responsibility not a duty and is not a criteria for being a real man. Even children catering for their family should they be in control?

A man can also cater for the family and not stick around.
A real man is a leader someone matured mentally.
Attributes of a leader
1 guides not control
2 protect not abuse
3 respect as it is reciprocal
4 share responsibilities
5 show love and care
6 is ready to learn even from the kids (humble)
E.t.c

3 Likes

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Na wa for you o, how is your day going.
grin grin grin It's going well. Thanks

I can see you're having a really good day wink
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Elijahhopelarry(m): 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
u want love but don't want to reciprocate it abi?..
ok o
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
I mean this is wonderful....that was how one pot bellied man was asking me What if I marry a man that wouldn't want me to work because I'm an Engr...I just smh....

mentalities of some of our Africa men is so pathetic
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Please explain further on the differences between the two.
Just google it.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
sekxy:
I mean this is wonderful....that was how one pot bellied man was asking me What if I marry a man that wouldn't want me to work because I'm an Engr...I just smh....

mentalities of some of our Africa men is so pathetic
Xzactly,some of them if not few including our esteemed president still believe that women belong in the kitchen and `the other room'

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2017
Oh i didnt believe in the existence of a god when i was younger, i questioned, christianity and judaeism didnt even consider islam, then i went back to the bible and the torah and i am finding answers, some that the normal christian would not believe, i questioned simple things on why we should respect our elders. How people should treat eac other, why is there that grey color when you boil egg for too long, how is a frog different from a cockroach. I have read books, and dissected animals even a human being(i'm a doctor, it was legal) one thing i have always realised is the most answers to life's biggest questions are always simple.
Please stop calling me 'ma', makes me feel older than my age. You may see differently but i do value your opinions and that of everyone in this thread. I am still learning and so are we all.
freda506:

I left her out because I didn't get her inclusion in your post. Meyer is not a feminist and it's okay. As for your mythical "holes ", do they differ from the absurd one about 45 year olds being single?

Your post ruffles nothing, ma. If for anything, it is amusing. "The of a Chauvnist who Swears She Is not One" Ain't it funny?

Yeah. Sure, it is your opinion; and I've given mine in the past two posts or so. Oh, and congratulations on your epiphany. Nice advice. If you were as curious and as questioning as you admonish me to be, you wouldn't believe in the existence of God.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2017
Tell them o, infact, permit me to take this your definition of a real man as my own.
sarahade:

What if the woman is the one catering for the family she should be in control too.
Catering for the family is a responsibility not a duty and is not a criteria for being a real man. Even children catering for their family should they be in control?

A man can also cater for the family and not stick around.
A real man is a leader someone matured mentally.
Attributes of a leader
1 guides not control
2 protect not abuse
3 respect as it is reciprocal
4 share responsibilities
5 show love and care
6 is ready to learn even from the kids (humble)
E.t.c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by ivyy(f): 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
Honestly enough of the arguments about feminism. Truth is, there are gender specific roles. However these roles can sometimes be interchanged between both sexes.Big deal. The world would be a better place if Homo sapiens had mutual respect for eachother. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
I never said that na, dont be judgemental
Elijahhopelarry:
u want love but don't want to reciprocate it abi?..

ok o
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2017
And love too. Love creates a ripple effect that makes the world sweeter, vice versa for hate.
ivyy:
Honestly enough of the arguments about feminism. Truth is, there are gender specific roles. However these roles can sometimes be interchanged between both sexes.Big deal. The world would be a better place if Homo sapiens had mutual respect for eachother. Simple.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by ivyy(f): 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
And love too. Love creates a ripple effect that makes the world sweeter, vice versa for hate.

If there was some mutual respect, then there would be love too. Both must exist together.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
Tahrah:
Xzactly,some of them if not few including our esteemed president still believe that women belong in the kitchen and `the other room'
lol.
my dear,that is why i will take it as a duty to inculcate the truth in their mind..I can boldly say that no guy in my field can bodly challenge me...and that is what some guys get jealous when they see female folks do better than them thereby resulting to unnecessary insult. .ladies command respect....!!QED
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by tosyne2much(m): 12:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
iamDaisy:
To be honest my feminism starts and ends with strangers, when it comes to my man kikiki lipsrsealed
Hahaha.. You're a very wise girl.

You can display feminism on Nairaland but never bring into your relationship. This is Africa, Nigeria to be precise cheesy
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Jman06(m): 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
This is my enemy's thread.

So, lemme come and be going.

But before i go, i am for feminism and the reason is that the world would be a better place if no gender is suppressed for others to thrive.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Safiaa(f): 1:31pm On Jun 20, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Here jacky goes again. What is beautiful about this thread? I have no interest in feminism, i don't care, it doesn't represent me in any way. Its a movement of bullshit and i dont care about the history or wherever it started from. Get a grip nigga.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Chommieblaq(f): 1:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
freda506:

Key word being you. That you earn equally doesn't mean every woman. It doesn't make the 83 cents to a dollar for female/male income disparity a facade. It doesn't make the unresearched, but still obvious gap in Nigeria a lie. For you to "think" that something is nonexistent does not truncate it's existence.

As for your female boss, do you think she'll be where she us if a few women (and men) had not devoted their lives to fighting for the opportunity for her? For us? Wouldn't we all be rotting off in a hut somewhere constantly stroking the larger-than-life egos of our husbands if not for the efforts of these few courageous humans?

You assume don't like politics because?? Women, like men, like power. They don't venture because they aren't allowed. Because they are stiffled. Because we wouldn't vote them. Because we'd rather vote a "strong" man. Because the few ones that have stepped out have been let down; most painfully by we, the women. Key in Hillary Clinton and Sarah Jibril.

As for women who are materialistic, i wouldn't shame them. As a matter of fact, the society is to blame for their mentality. They've been told that they're second fiddle to men, and as a result have learned to depend on them. If you, as a person, disapprove of them, then be a feminist. Let us all be feminists and watch the world improve.
i repeat many women don't like politics, you don't have to agree with me. in Nigeria today we have many women in power. Wait Hilary and Sarah not wining election means they were let down because they are women? is Theresa May,Aminata Toure, Angel Merkel, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, Alenka Bratusek, Sibel Siber, Catherine Samba Panza to mention but few not leaders in their respective country. In Nigeria, where i live all workers in same level are paid same salary both in Government and private firm.

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
Safiaa:
Here jacky goes again. What is beautiful about this thread? I have no interest in feminism, i don't care, it doesn't represent me in any way. Its a movement of bullshit and i dont care about the history or wherever it started from. Get a grip nigga.
Oh! For the first time, she's making sense without being rude

Stop calling me Jacky
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Safiaa(f): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Oh! For the first time, she's making sense without being rude

Stop calling me Jacky
is that not your name undecided Well that's the name ive given u so accept it or get out.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
Safiaa:
is that not your name undecided Well that's the name ive given u so accept it or get out.
Shut up and don't tell me to get out. You don't tell me what to do. That's fücking rude

And no, that isn't my name. Jack is
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by jakandeola(m): 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
Safiaa:
toto don dey scratch u again for jacksparrow
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
sad
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Safiaa(f): 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Shut up and don't tell me to get out. You don't tell me what to do. That's fücking rude

And no, that isn't my name. Jack is
Okay jacky. Have a great day and enjoy the sun thats outside.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2017
Safiaa:
Okay jacky. Have a great day and enjoy the sun thats outside.
I'm already having a great day. And no Sun to enjoy today. It's partly cloudy. Hot still tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

18+ Me And My Friend's Sister / Guys, Can A Lady Rape You / I Was Sent Home From Work Early And Ended Up Having Sex With My Sister-in-law An

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.