Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,071 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:08 AM

Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) (3495 Views)

A Quick Test To See If You've Been Infected By The Feminism Virus! / Wedding Of Shurri Baby, Feminist Who Hates Nigerian Men / Photos: This Is NOT The Feminism That We Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2017
Please who is your enemy on this thread. Na wa o. Wetin i no go see
Jman06:
This is my enemy's thread.

So, lemme come and be going.

But before i go, i am for feminism and the reason is that the world would be a better place if no gender is suppressed for others to thrive.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Safiaa(f): 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
I'm already having a great day. And no Sun to enjoy today. It's partly cloudy. Hot still tho
i thought you lived in the uk undecided
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
Safiaa:
i thought you lived in the uk undecided
Keep 'thoughting'
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Safiaa(f): 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Keep 'thoughting'
so where are you then
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
Safiaa:
so where are you then
Boldly stated on my profile. You need new spec saver? undecided
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2017
ivyy:
Honestly enough of the arguments about feminism. Truth is, there are gender specific roles. However these roles can sometimes be interchanged between both sexes.Big deal. The world would be a better place if Homo sapiens had mutual respect for eachother. Simple.

Oh! Sh!t...I need to buy u a drink....the teacher that taught u summary in high school did a wonderful job...and you conveniently wrapped the whole matter into one simple statement...

Oh! I feel like hugging you....just manage 1000likes..
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Safiaa(f): 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Boldly stated on my profile. You need new spec saver? undecided
Okay ive given you enough attention today muthafucka. Bye jacky.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
Jman06:
This is my enemy's thread.

So, lemme come and be going.

But before i go, i am for feminism and the reason is that the world would be a better place if no gender is suppressed for others to thrive.

Which gender is being suppressed and how are they being suppressed..
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
Safiaa:
Okay ive given you enough attention today muthafucka. Bye jacky.
I should go to the bank with your attention. I'll probably get loads of cash with it
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Jman06(m): 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Please who is your enemy on this thread. Na wa o. Wetin i no go see
U be my enemy nau, or are we now friends?
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by APCsupporter: 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
Tahrah:
Xzactly,some of them if not few including our esteemed president still believe that women belong in the kitchen and `the other room'

where else do women belong? look at how they have been ruining things all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Jman06(m): 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Which gender is being suppressed and how are they being suppressed..

The female gender has been suppressed since time imemorial.
My mom for instance could not be educated despite her natural wisdom because female education was thought to end in the kitchen.

Also, before now women were never allowed to inherit their dads properties, instead their uncles would share them.

I am sure that deep within you will not cast your vote for a female who aspires to be president of nigeria. The list goes on.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by marvin902(m): 3:50pm On Jun 20, 2017
congrats for decamping frankly speaking i have a strong hatred for feminist now.. undecided undecided undecided
i have nothing against the real motive of feminism buh when some girls that don't know their left from right starts going overboard on feminism really pisses me off especially hear on NL when some girls that aint even worth 100naira will come out and start vomiting trash..
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by hardeycute(m): 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
JacksonD7:

A masculine man in control, who can provide for his family and keep his woman in check Not the effeminate sissies that we see today.
What is really keeping a woman in check?

What is marriage? It is an agreement, a contract.

You don't need to reply if you want to drive your argument from one HOLY BOOK or TRADITION
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
Jman06:
The female gender has been suppressed since time imemorial.
My mom for instance could not be educated despite her natural wisdom because female education was thought to end in the kitchen.

Also, before now women were never allowed to inherit their dads properties, instead their uncles would share them.

I am sure that deep within you will not cast your vote for a female who aspires to be president of nigeria. The list goes on.

Your point one and two are all in the past...mayb they still exist in some uncivilised communities..i don't know....but education doesn't stop pple from making ground breaking exploits...do I need to tell u about mark zukerberg, bill Gates, a lot of men have degrees now..yet they are nothing...

Your last point is a fallacy ..u don't know me...a woman with enough accolades,strong enough to stand against other political opponents will get my vote

This feminism revolution seems to me like women just want some advantage handed over to them.... and the derogatory remarks against them on media stopped, they dress like slut, behave like sluts but want to be addressed as queens without a record breaking exploit to show, they meet u today and start begging for money and yet want to be respected.(not all of them though)

there are 7 female president in the world, they ddnt wait for the presidency to be handed over to dem by some policy or bill just becos they ladies ...

how many women actually aspire and work at it to become proffesors, senators, CEOs, presidents, my brother they are very few...a lot of them actually prefer things handed over to them..thats why a guy meets a girl he likes and automatically he starts to owe her salary, makeup money, Brazilian hair etc...In reality no one is at an advantage anymore, everyone takes the position he or she wants in life by taking the bull by the horn weda male or female...
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by JacksonD7: 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
I am so not in the mood for a debate right now, everyone's definition of a real man varies, but i am sure i recognise real men when i see them and they dont carry the traits you described, i only thought of people like idi amin and pictured children hiding under the bed when daddy comes home.

Sorry if I gave you that kind of picture, not what I intended
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by JacksonD7: 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
sarahade:

What if the woman is the one catering for the family she should be in control too.
Catering for the family is a responsibility not a duty and is not a criteria for being a real man. Even children catering for their family should they be in control?

A man can also cater for the family and not stick around.
A real man is a leader someone matured mentally.
Attributes of a leader
1 guides not control
2 protect not abuse
3 respect as it is reciprocal
4 share responsibilities
5 show love and care
6 is ready to learn even from the kids (humble)
E.t.c

You made some valid points there, I don't see much difference having a duty and responsibility to provide for a family.

The points you listed defines a good man, unfortunately a lot of men out there don't fit into the criteria. How many men have time to bond with their children let alone learn from them?

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by JacksonD7: 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
hardeycute:
What is really keeping a woman in check?

Humans have self destructive tendencies, that's why your parents train you to avoid certain vices that could be detrimental to you.

Would you like a loose woman who sleeps around, gets drunk on the weekends and can't take care of your kids?, in order to avoid that you need to set some standards.

What is marriage? It is an agreement, a contract.

Yes it is

You don't need to reply if you want to drive your argument from one HOLY BOOK or TRADITION

I don't need to, a little bit of common sense is more than enough
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Jman06(m): 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2017
But for feminist movement the female education of today wouldn't ave been possible.

Atleast they should be allowed to choose whether or not to go to school, not confined to the kitchen and ''the other room'

And yes, female gender discrimination is still rife and even buhari confirmed it recently. [quote author=1StopRudeness post=57697400]

Your point one and two are all in the past...mayb they still exist in some uncivilised communities..i don't know....but education doesn't stop pple from making ground breaking exploits...do I need to tell u about mark zukerberg, bill Gates, a lot of men have degrees now..yet they are nothing...

Your last point is a fallacy ..u don't know me...a woman with enough accolades,strong enough to stand against other political opponents will get my vote

This feminism revolution seems to me like women just want some advantage handed over to them.... and the derogatory remarks against them on media stopped, they dress like slut,
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
Is it like that, oya i'm sorry no vex o, someone should give me that 'give him a crate of origin' pic, lefulefu the biggest size of popcorn for this my brother here
Jman06:
U be my enemy nau, or are we now friends?
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Jman06(m): 8:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Is it like that, oya i'm sorry no vex o, someone should give me that 'give him a crate of origin' pic, lefulefu the biggest size of popcorn for this my brother here
Lolz...was jes looking 4 your wahala.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 20, 2017
Jman06:
Lolz...was jes looking 4 your wahala.
frm funmisticqueen cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
he don dey attack d popcorn cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Martin0(m): 9:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
lefulefu:
Mr lefulefu how far
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Thank you o, you fit turn this thing to business o.
abi grin grin
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
Thank you o, you fit turn this thing to business o.
lefulefu:

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by hardeycute(m): 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
JacksonD7:
[/b]
I don't need to, a little bit of common sense is more than enough
Good
What about keeping the man in check?
It should swing both sides not someone playing alpha
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by JacksonD7: 1:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
hardeycute:
Good

What about keeping the man in check?

It should swing both sides not someone playing alpha

There's no relationship that works without an Alpha, in some cases it's a man, in others it's a woman.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by ivolt: 7:58am On Jul 06, 2017
Yet another feminist wannabe. @funmisticqueen you should have at least check the
meaning of "feminism" before writing about it.

You admitted not knowing about the history of feminism, why then
are you misrepresenting the feminist movement ?

You can't claim to be an ex-feminist when you were never
a feminist in the first place.

Feminism isn't about your bedroom or who cooks breakfast, it is much more bigger than
that.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by TheEminentLaity: 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Beautiful Funmisticqueen I'm here with all the love for you.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 07, 2017
Thank you
TheEminentLaity:
Beautiful Funmisticqueen I'm here with all the love for you.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by TheEminentLaity: 10:13am On Jul 07, 2017
I really like what you did here. Well thought and nicely written. kiss
funmisticqueen:
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Like My Profile Photo? / Can Someone Caption This Crazy Image? / My Advice To Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.