Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland (14194 Views)

Lawan To Uwais: 'Your reaction to our comment is baseless’ / Osinbajo Told Baseless Lies Against Gej And Saraki. Because Of Immunity As Vp / Disregard Baseless Rumours About Buhari's Death - Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by mightyhaze: 10:21am On Jun 21, 2017
intruxive:

Will u just go and buy land for buying land sake, when all benin youths themselves are runing away to italy via libya (do or die) do u think their home is that viable economically they will be running away from it?
So its me that will now go and open business in an empty town?
am not against ur ppl not investing outside ur region. My only grouse is making the excuse dat why u don't practice 'one nigeria,' is because 'odas are hostile' and won't sell properties to u because ur strangers.

It's a v malicious lie against ur neighbor!

6 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Im surprised to hear Ibo declare North a non hostile region. Very surprised! Anything just to win points eh? ....and you call it intelligent discussion.

My brother please you have to understand an oxymoron when you see.

The guy is asking why the yorubas don't own propery in the North, since they claim it is the hostility of the east that is making them not to own properties there?
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by intruxive(m): 10:29am On Jun 21, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
...stop lying. Maybe as more southwesterners are emigrating to UK on daily basis is also safe to conclude that south west is not economically viable? Please stop lying isn't good for your health.
Identify the lie.
Running to uk because it has a better economy, its accommodating and friendly, you can thrive if you know what you are doing, not migrating backwards to a less developed region whr u r worse off.
Pls, if anyone is lying here, its u guys and the op who are trying to change an established narrative.
Anyone going to igbo land risk not succeeding in business, maginalisation, lose of property and outright hatred for no reason, so please look around you there are hundreds of tribes in nigeria........ how many do you hear been spoken on your street?
You are right, only one..... igbo undecided

12 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Guestlander: 10:37am On Jun 21, 2017
sean1000x:
My brother God bless you. Afonjas are the people peddling that monstrous lie. The fact is simple...they don't have disposable income like Igbos to acquire properties in SE, SS and even in their regions. Go to Lagos, how many Yorubaas own properties there? Not many. In my street when I was living there, all properties were owned by Igbos and few SS and Northerners. All Yorubaas are renting in their land. How do you expect them to buy properties in SE and SS, when they can't even buy properties in their own land? Buy in your land first before looking to buy elsewhere. Igbos own 99% of the properties in their region.

Are you people serious? How many Yorubas own properties in Lagos! So, some of you actually believe the lies you are peddling to yourself?
""All Yorubas are renting in their own land"
Nobody is disputing the fact that igbo may own 99% of the properties in their region because if the indigenes are migrating in droves I don't understand why any outsider would want to move there.
How many properties do you own in Lagos yourself?

13 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by aycorporat(m): 10:52am On Jun 21, 2017
smellingmenses:
LOL this your tales are for people who have no knowledge of history..... you Igbo people connive and loot the shops ofA non Igbo rendering them bankrupt. I believe that's what you meant by thick skin to compete.

We Yoruba have not forgotten how you murdered the Oshogbo major spare parts dealer which resulted in you being forbidden from selling car spare parts in Oshogbo till today and tomorrow. That is your meaning of thick skin to compete....

..... Obasanjo having a piece of land in Biafra is symbolic... After all he CONQUERED​ Biafra. But it should worry you that he chose not to develop it at all....

Meanwhile no sane Yoruba man can ever think of investing in Igbo land....not one.... Not yesterday..today or ever. We will rather invest in the North... Yes the north and south south.

You mentioned portharcourt ...the garden city is NOT Igbo land...never has been and never will be... In Nigeria of today we can show you what Igbo have been allowed to have in all states especially in the West ...

I dare you to show us pictorially​ the properties of all other tribes Hausa Fulani, Yoruba, ijaw, itsekiri, urhobo, ikwerre, igala, Tiv, jukun, igala and idoma properties in all Igbo state capitals. You lot are simply intolerant...

Don't create stupid threads next time... For I will be more prepared to expose your lies...at all times.
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 21, 2017
[s]
Sanchez01:

The post is far from reality as I have personally witnessed it before. Earlier this year, I had made up my mind to secure a land somewhere around Emene and I asked a lawyer friend at the office who believed it was a good idea. The long and short of it was an agent, my lawyer friend and another friend set out to inspect a land in the said area after an agent claimed there was a cheap land a family wanted to sell off. We got there, inspected it and felt uncomfortable as the land was overpriced. After so many talks, the agent asked my lawyer friend when he would be making payments so that he could inform the family that owns the land. My friend told him he wasn't the one interested that it was me. Immediately, he said it might not fly because he is not sure the family would want to transfer the property to a non-Igbo. I wasn't shocked really because I had been hearing of that a while. Frankly speaking, I didn't have enough cash at hand and had accessed a loan which was made open.

Interestingly, the agent claimed I could buy it in the name of someone while the property remains mine, but who does that? Who buys a property in someone's name when he didn't launder or commit a crime?

This happened in January and it has really left me puzzled. I hear there are a few non Igbo property owners here and I've been trying to figure out how they did it.

For me, a pointer to all these which supports this weird practice is the chant of 'Anambra is the only state with indigenous companies cum manufacturers'. This in itself is an indication that something is wrong and outsiders are not entertained as they could be muscled out since t goal is for indigenous companies alone. A region, state, or a society would experience stunted growth if it is not open to outsiders, and I believe this is loud and clear enough.
[/s]

Hahahah. This your story sounds like wailing. Infact,I smell lies. First of,you confessed it yourself: You didn't have enough cash. If you had serious money on you they would sell. The price is the price,land isn't cheap in the east. Secondly,you're contradicting yourself which is tantamount to lying. @Bolded: You were not really surprised at the start of your story but at the end you say "I was really puzzled". Smh. You're not a good person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Michael004: 10:57am On Jun 21, 2017
sean1000x:
My brother God bless you. Afonjas are the people peddling that monstrous lie. The fact is simple...they don't have disposable income like Igbos to acquire properties in SE, SS and even in their regions. Go to Lagos, how many Yorubaas own properties there? Not many. In my street when I was living there, all properties were owned by Igbos and few SS and Northerners. All Yorubaas are renting in their land. How do you expect them to buy properties in SE and SS, when they can't even buy properties in their own land? Buy in your land first before looking to buy elsewhere. Igbos own 99% of the properties in their region.
grin, no, no Yoruba own property in Lagos, in fact, no Yoruba man own a single property in Lagos. it is your father's that owns all the properties in Lagos. No one argues that with you. No be your father owns eko hotel and national theatre?

15 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Mujtahida: 10:59am On Jun 21, 2017
Cooly100:

What about Kaduna Nzeogwu, the Igbo coup leader. Where was he from?
What of Danjuma who killed Aguiyi Ironsi and Gowon who prosecuted the war. Where were they from?

2 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Amberon11: 11:05am On Jun 21, 2017
So I should mention all the properties in PH owned by Yoruba's? Sorry im not that jobless.
Newmanluckyman:
...just 'negodu' how you are scarcely counting one or two properties owned by your kinsmen in Ph. With this enumeration now is it not enough to conclude statistically that you guys don't invest in other people's domain and not the malicious pathological lies you guys are fond of dishing out? Did someone also refused to sell lands to your kinsmen also in Ph?

I can't imagine an easterner counting one or two properties he owned either in Ph, Lagos, Abuja or Kano.

7 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Mujtahida: 11:11am On Jun 21, 2017
KratosCorp:
Incoherency at its peak. I guess you are one of the people Ibos are being persuaded to keep sharing national identity with? Bunch of deluded hypocrites.

CC:babaramota

Mr Greek I am still waiting for you on the other thread where you asked me if I know anything about Christianity and the Bible.
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Daverytimes(m): 11:15am On Jun 21, 2017
Amberon11:
Lol... So many Yoruba's I know own properties in Port Harcourt. I mean so so many. I know a particular Yoruba family that owns 2 houses in Port harcourt, Hausa's too. Don't compare PH to igboland.

Out of curiosity, what do you think PH will be without Igbo's. Because unlike Lagos PH would be a village without Igbo investment, it might not be Igbo land but it's heavily influenced by the Igbos's.

1 Like

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Sanchez01: 11:17am On Jun 21, 2017
iSlayer2:

Hahahah. This your story sounds like wailing. Infact,I smell lies. First of,you confessed it yourself: You didn't have enough cash. If you had serious money on you they would sell. The price is the price,land isn't cheap in the east. Secondly,you're contradicting yourself which is tantamount to lying. @Bolded: You were not really surprised at the start of your story but at the end you say "I was really puzzled". Smh. You're not a good person.
Kids. Yes, see it as the wailing of a pained fellow. When you see a man with properties, sometimes those properties could have come as a result of loans or mortgage. Trust me, I had enough. Besides, lands are cheaper in the East than in the West. Places, where you would likely come across cheaper lands in the West are on the outskirts of the states. I have been there and I know what I'm saying. The only places you would see lands running into high sums in Enugu are mostly high-brow areas, which is basically in the Northern part of the state and some parts of the South.

No, I shouldn't come off as good to you because I didn't reinforce your preaching. My shock stemmed from the idea as to how non-Igbos here purchased theirs.

6 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Mightyraw(m): 11:18am On Jun 21, 2017
vanunu:

I don't think you have travelled to south south states.
I live in south south south,
porthacourt to be precise
So stop the lies

1 Like

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Eastfield1: 11:34am On Jun 21, 2017
Sanchez01:

You just have to understand on thing, some of us have decent lives outside of the forum. I mean decent lives. You just have to come to terms with the fact that. I really don't understand the rationale behind your mouth foaming antics as what I shared is an experience that took place in January.

I know full well that the propaganda radio you guys listen to have shaped you into believing that Yorubas and Igbos are the only two tribes around. Newsflash, there are more tribes than the aforementioned.
By the way, could you kind enough to provide a link wherein someone lied about not being sold a land because he is non Igbo?
bringing Biafra and Radio Biafra into this just made me realize where ur hate,lies and nonsense is coming from.
I give up on u

1 Like

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Amberon11: 11:35am On Jun 21, 2017
Japan and New York will be hamlets too without Igbo investments, now run along.
Daverytimes:

Out of curiosity, what do you think PH will be without Igbo's. Because unlike Lagos PH would be a village without Igbo investment, it might not be Igbo land but it's heavily influenced by the Igbos's.

6 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by achi4u(m): 11:56am On Jun 21, 2017
Op the people you are talking about are not into any trade or business, tell me how of of the yorubas or Hausas youth that are into businesses of buying and selling?
They're more in artisans and other menial jobs, roofing, plumping, taxis and the Hausas is even worst.
Don't tell me Dangotes and Adenugas are into businesses, they made their money through government.

That a 3 bedroom flat goes for N25000 to N30000 per month in the East is not for the Hausas and Yorubas and have never seen An Hausa or yoruba youth looking for a decent House to rent and ask why?
The real wealth of this country is in the hands of those 2by2 shops you despise, it is in that 2by2 shops that we raise money to buy land and develop to our taste.
Unfortunately for the Igbos, Nigerians hate you because of ur talent in making money.
For example, give an Hausa boy N1m,still give yoruba boy same N1m and give Igbo boy N500,000 for the period of 5 years then go and take stock.

It is Igbos that want this hate, and the tension will continue until Igbos decide to to think home.

5 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Maser: 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2017
Ahmadgani:
i do not agree with you. i had an uncle who lived almost all his civil service life in SE nigeria. it will suprise you to know that no body was ready to sell a property to him, they rather rent properties to him than to sell. no matter the value of such property.

Your Uncle lied to you! He just couldn't afford property in Igboland and is using lies to save face. The OP threw a challenge to you to contact him and he'll help your uncle with the purchase. I can also help your uncle if he has his money. No Omoniles or other opportunists!

2 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Ejanla07: 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
EmekaMD:
Baseless lie about property in Igboland

By Azuka Onwuka

There is a baseless lie many Northerners and Southwesterners have repeated for long that they now believe it to be true, and they have continued to pass it on to their children. That blatant lie is that the reason they don't have much property or businesses in Igboland like the Igbos have in other parts of the country is because Igbos don't sell property to them or rent shops to them.

The Arewa Youths repeated that lie in their letter to the Acting President thus:

"And since the Igbo have virtually infiltrated every nook and cranny of Northern Nigeria where they have been received with open arms as fellow compatriots, we strongly believe that the region is no longer safe and secure in the light of the unfolding threats and the fact that for a long time, the Igbo have gone to extra ordinary lengths to ensure that in their domain in the South East, Northerners and Westerners are as much as possible disenfranchised from owning any businesses whereas in Kano alone, they own not less than 100,000 shops across all the business districts."

I have thrown a challenge many times on this but nobody took up my challenge. I made myself available to help anybody buy property in Nnewi and give that person a signed promise that nothing will ever happen to that property and also make my children take over that pledge when I am gone. Mind you, a storey building sells for as much as N200 million in some parts of Nnewi. So don't think it is some place where nobody wants to buy from.

The simple question to ask those who make this baseless claim is, if Igbos don't sell property to them, don't Edos, Efiks, Ijaws, Ur hobos, etc in the South-South sell to them too? How many lands and shops do Northerners and Westerners own in Calabar or Benin or Uyo or Warri, etc?

How much property and stationary businesses do Northerners own in the Southwest outside Lagos (former capital)?

How much property and businesses do Yorubas own in the North outside Abuja?

So what is the reason for that?

I have urged some Hausas and Yorubas in Nnewi to buy property but some of them smiled knowingly and kept quiet, while some told me plainly that they can't take such a risk with the way things are in Nigeria.

The problem is simply fear of the unknown. Most Nigerians - minus the Igbos - have this fear that there will still be trouble in future. So they go into any state outside their region with a bag to do their business and leave when they are done. Many don't even go with their wife and children for fear of the unknown. They believe that it is only the former FCT (Lagos) or present FCT (Abuja) that is less risky to invest in.

Most people don't understand what drives Igbos in their business and investment decisions. Igbos don't buy property in other parts of Nigeria because of any special treatment given to them by their hosts. They buy property in spite of all that goes with property and the risk involved. They lose their money to fraudsters and omonile regularly in the Southwest. They lose their property to government demolition of property. Yet they invest in property because they see property as a profitable investment, and they hate to continue to be tenants forever. An Igbo man wants to be his own master (landlord) as quickly as possible.

Igbos have lost their property and businesses to burning, destruction and looting repeatedly in riots in the North. They have even been killed repeatedly. Yet they return to rebuild.

A few years after the abandoned property saga in Port Harcourt, Igbos returned to Port Harcourt and began buying property again like crazy. Even when they are warned of the possibility of a repeat of 1970, they still go ahead to invest in property.

Obasanjo has had some land in Enugu since the 1970s when he was head of state. He has not developed the land till today. Buhari said in his asset declaration that he has some land in Port Harcourt (probably given to him free of charge). He doesn't even know where the land is, not to talk of developing it. Yet these are heads of state who fought for the unity of this nation and are always talking about one Nigeria and need to believe in Nigeria. Yet they don't even have faith in investing outside their regions or FCT.

Igbos believe that crisis and loss will not make one not to make an investment decision. Their thinking is: "What if I don't invest and nothing happens eventually to the businesses or property around? Will I bring back the hand of the clock? But even if I invest and it is lost, life goes on. Life is a risk."

It sounds like a crazy way to think but that is how they are. No other Nigerian ethnic group thinks like this. That is why some people who don't travel assume that the reason Igbos live in large numbers in other ethnic groups and even return to places where they are killed is because Igboland is not developed. Even if you have never travelled to Igboland, please Google the CBN report of the six states that control 90% cash transactions in Nigeria.

The simple reality is that Igbos are wierd risk takers when it comes to business and investment. Other ethnic groups don't have such a trait. People are different.

The reason we do these intermittent interventions is to ensure that things are put in their right perspective, for those who care for the truth; for it was such falsehood that was spread in 1966 and used as a justification for the genocide against the Igbos that year.

Shops are available in Igboland, if you have the money and have the thick skin to compete. Land is available for purchase in all parts of Igboland, if you have the money. Igbos are business-oriented. They sell or rent their property to the highest bidder. And once the transaction is done, it is done. No stories.

Just keeping the record straight.

op u rr so funny. u come across as a unity beggar...
the question should be how many properties do the yoruba own in d south west
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by zionmade(m): 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
GavelSlam:

I know many Yoruba families that own properties in PH.
Many ex AGIP, Shell, even Michelin workers of Yoruba stock own properties in PH.
Many ex oil workers indeed. Dat i mean yorubas dnt own properties doesnt mean none of dem at all. It means d percentage is very negligible and therefore can be ignored. How many of dem ex workers, up to 50? In a city of millions of people. Yorubas own properties indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by simplycarro: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
What are the opportunities in Igboland that will make a sane outsider to come and live and invest there.?
Even Dangote with all his business interests scattered all over Nigeria and the world have nothing to show in igboland
If Dangote is scared to invest there, why would any reasonable person do such
Only Nigeria breweries cañ go invest in such place go drench them wìth alcohol grin

6 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by zionmade(m): 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2017
deedeedee1:

You are a bloody liar! I have families that own business and properties in the north.
See lies....
Foodstuff or taxi Businesses?
How many of dem? Wat percentage? If less 50 out millions own properties and u re here shouting yoruba owns properties. By the way where Exactly are those properties?

1 Like

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by DSoj(m): 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2017
IGBOS DONT SELL

MY UNCLE MARRIED AN IGBO AND WANTED TO BUY LAND TO BUILD IN IMO.
THEY CAME WITH ALL SORT OF EXCUSES AND DEMANDS.
The woman's male folks were jealous
Making crappy traditional claims.
I know many other tales

Peopl claiming they are keeping land for their grandchildren.

U CANT DENY IT
IGBOS DONT SELL LAND.

At most they sell to money bag .
Sell a 500k land for 5mil.

5 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by honeychild(f): 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2017
EmekaMD:
how many properties does the yorubas own in the non-hostile north and other parts of the country?? That's exactly my point Bro..

I grew up in Kaduna state so I can talk about that with certainty. Yorubas build houses in the North. My father had two houses and so did all the yorubas I knew.

I live in Port Harcourt so again I can talk about that. On my street alone I know of 4 houses built by yorubas. We even have two or three estates in my area built and exclusively occupied by yoruba Muslims.

7 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Flatties: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
xnsandrxns:
How will a sane person leave his land and go to iboland when all the ibos themselves are running away from home
They are the most hateful tribe in Nigeria and everybody is wary of being among them
And besides we don't do urban-rural migration

You've said it all..

How can I leave my arable land to go invest on potopoto.
Tufia!

5 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by EmekaMD(m): 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2017
honeychild:

I grew up in Kaduna state so I can talk about that with certainty. Yorubas build houses in the North. My father had two houses and so did all the yorubas I knew.

I live in Port Harcourt so again I can talk about that. On my street alone I know of 4 houses built by yorubas. We even have two or three estates in my area built and exclusively occupied by yoruba Muslims.

In entire kaduna it's jus a handful of them according to ur testimony..
Also less than another handful in Port Harcourt..
I couldn't agree more with u..

Meanwhile u jus buttressed my point...

3 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Lightening: 1:35pm On Jun 21, 2017
smellingmenses:
LOL this your tales are for people who have no knowledge of history..... you Igbo people connive and loot the shops of non Igbo rendering them bankrupt. I believe that's what you meant by thick skin to compete.

We Yoruba have not forgotten how you murdered the Oshogbo major spare parts dealer which resulted in you being forbidden from selling car spare parts in Oshogbo till today and tomorrow. That is your meaning of thick skin to compete....

..... Obasanjo having a piece of land in Biafra is symbolic... After all he CONQUERED​ Biafra. But it should worry you that he chose not to develop it at all....

Meanwhile no sane Yoruba man can ever think of investing in Igbo land....not one.... Not yesterday..today or ever. We will rather invest in the North... Yes the north and south south.

You mentioned portharcourt ...the garden city is NOT Igbo land...never has been and never will be... In Nigeria of today we can show you what Igbo have been allowed to have in all states especially in the West ...

I dare you to show us pictorially​ the properties of all other tribes Hausa Fulani, Yoruba, ijaw, itsekiri, urhobo, ikwerre, igala, Tiv, jukun, igala and idoma properties in all Igbo state capitals. You lot are simply intolerant...

Don't create stupid threads next time... For I will be more prepared to expose your lies...at all times.

Parochial thinking, at best. You cannot afford to compete with the IBOs in IBO land. They are the same people that come to your domain and dominate in real estate, trade and commerce inspite of the various ways the host communities take advantage of them. How you wan take cope in their own domain?
Thick skin here point to the doggedness and tenacity of the IBO even in the face of hopelessness not diabolism, witchcraftcy and ritual killings in which your people are the market leaders.

4 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Ahmadgani(m): 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2017
Maser:

Your Uncle lied to you! He just couldn't afford property in Igboland and is using lies to save face. The OP threw a challenge to you to contact him and he'll help your uncle with the purchase. I can also help your uncle if he has his money. No Omoniles or other opportunists!
ok i lets do this. i will contact you in few weeks time. he pricisely needs land in onitsha. ill contact you. expect my pm
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Lightening: 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2017
whitebeard:
Igbo Christians and Catholics, how will they worship, will they even have a chance at Biafra government, KANU is a Jew who banned Christian leaders and Catholic priest from entering Biafra. He ruined his state before creating it. Anyways as for e Igbo's don't know how to tolerate, pls computer village if not all majority are Igbo's, yet they say we are parasites, we open our borders for them to enter, despite the insults, we still let them do business, we no try, what else do u want again.?

Magnanimous you. What happened to you doing the business in your own land rather than allowing the IBO's to take over everything and you turn around and villify them. Everything the IBO's have anywhere in this country was fully earned. We don't entertain patronage. That is the source of our pride.

2 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Lightening: 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
smellingmenses:

Unlike you we don't make noises upandan.

Please Emy, leave this smelling looser.

1 Like

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Ahmadgani(m): 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2017
FKO81:

You and your uncle are the ones deceiving yourselves, either he doesn't have enough money to buy land in the east because lands are expensive when compare to north or west outside Lagos/Abuja or scared of Igbos.
someone that own properties in abuja doesnt have enough money to buy land in igbo land? i am not trying to sound sacarstic, i knw it will take some effort to convince ya

7 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by sunnyb0b0(m): 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2017
smellingmenses:
LOL this your tales are for people who have no knowledge of history..... you Igbo people connive and loot the shops of non Igbo rendering them bankrupt. I believe that's what you meant by thick skin to compete.

Can you show us properties owned by Yorubas in Uyo, Yenagoa, Birnin Kebbi and Kaura Namoda?

While at it, also show us properties owned by Hausa people in Ogbomosho, Okitipupa, Ikere Ekiti, Ikot Ekpene and Ogoja.

In all if these places, Igbo people own properties what stops the other tribes from owning properties there seeing that those places are not Igbo land.

4 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Lightening: 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2017
Ahmadgani:
i do not agree with you. i had an uncle who lived almost all his civil service life in SE nigeria. it will suprise you to know that no body was ready to sell a property to him, they rather rent properties to him than to sell. no matter the value of such property.

Which place was this please. No IBO man will refuse an offer to buy his property at the right PRICE. Your uncle obviously felt it was one of the national cakes to appropriate free or at a give away and was rightfully rejected. You earn your keep in IBO land. It is pure capitalism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Imam Imam Dies In Abuja (Governor Tambuwal’s Spokesman) / NDLEA Intercepts Tramadol, Cash Consignments; Seizes US-bound Heroin / Badagary Deep Sea Port: Sanwo-Olu Meets Stakeholders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.