Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland (14188 Views)

Lawan To Uwais: 'Your reaction to our comment is baseless’ / Osinbajo Told Baseless Lies Against Gej And Saraki. Because Of Immunity As Vp / Disregard Baseless Rumours About Buhari's Death - Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by ladiguy(m): 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
SGANIVA:
Yoruba s I know, though very feel own properties in igbo, is not visible simply because is very few, major reason is because the don't have money.apart from abuja, Lagos and ph , property is more expensive in igbo land than other regions .another reason is fear of unknown

Funny. When did your tribal men starts to make money ? All these shits and hatred you guys are fond off will hit back. Be good and have peace

1 Like

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by slivertongue: 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2017
smellingmenses:
LOL this your tales are for people who have no knowledge of history..... you Igbo people connive and loot the shops of non Igbo rendering them bankrupt. I believe that's what you meant by thick skin to compete.

We Yoruba have not forgotten how you murdered the Oshogbo major spare parts dealer which resulted in you being forbidden from selling car spare parts in Oshogbo till today and tomorrow. That is your meaning of thick skin to compete....

..... Obasanjo having a piece of land in Biafra is symbolic... After all he CONQUERED​ Biafra. But it should worry you that he chose not to develop it at all....

Meanwhile no sane Yoruba man can ever think of investing in Igbo land....not one.... Not yesterday..today or ever. We will rather invest in the North... Yes the north and south south.

You mentioned portharcourt ...the garden city is NOT Igbo land...never has been and never will be... In Nigeria of today we can show you what Igbo have been allowed to have in all states especially in the West ...

I dare you to show us pictorially​ the properties of all other tribes Hausa Fulani, Yoruba, ijaw, itsekiri, urhobo, ikwerre, igala, Tiv, jukun, igala and idoma properties in all Igbo state capitals. You lot are simply intolerant...

Don't create stupid threads next time... For I will be more prepared to expose your lies...at all times.

"I dare you to show us pictorially​ the properties of all other tribes Hausa Fulani, Yoruba, ijaw, itsekiri, urhobo, ikwerre, igala, Tiv, jukun, igala and idoma properties in all Igbo state capitals. You lot are simply intolerant..."

pls read the post with an open mind before commenting because you didnt address the issues he raised
now get it clear that private capital activates development and the East cannot reject ur investment because they would be denying themselves good life and the opportunity to grow in leaps and bounds. imagine if the other regions would invest in the East just like the East have done in their climes what the benefits would be.
the post war policy of the FG is responsible for the lack of non igbo investment in the East but today some are managing to brave the odds

2 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by ladiguy(m): 10:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
...A good point from the OP. These people are born to conjure lies and unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it but to keep exposing their pathological lies on daily basis. Even immediately after the Nigerian independence with the relative peace and brotherliness existing then, how many northerners and westerners invest in other parts of the country? None!. But the igbos and their neighbors were busy investing in other parts of the country.

As I used to say always all those lies where borne out of ENVY, and JEALOUS due to the Igbo's business,entrepreneurial,financial,and intellectual prosperity.

As it is in business investments so it is in other areas too. How many northerners and westerners cherish and wear other tribes attire the way we igbos do? How many northerners and westerners live in other parts of the country against all odds

the way igbos do? How many of them carried "one Nigeria"like gala on their head the way the igbos do after so much human, and material sacrifices the have made since the birth of this nation? Practically none!!!!!!

The appointed time has come....

Because everything about Ibos are fake.
You sell fake products.
You pirates someones intellectual property, make money off someone's sweat and the monies are used to carter for you guys and also pumped into other sectors of the economy.
You perpetrate crime to get rich and put so many families in sorrow.
You borrow attire from the South south, only to add a red cap to it. The new trend now is to put on Yoruba attire and soon claim ownership.
You don't have history, only to fabricate lies to have relevance.
You so funny that you guys claimed to be jews.
You still dwell in foreign religion and doctrine.
You have no royalty in your history but crazy about it that you have become nuisance everywhere you go because of royalty.
You have no single religion or denomination that has transverse to other regions or countries.
No single authenticity about the Igbos in existence.
So many flaws and errs about the Igbo existence .

8 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by slivertongue: 10:34pm On Jun 21, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

How many times has any Westerner declared a Ibo or Hausa a non entity and put a ban on any of you the way Ibo declare Yoruba leaders as enemies and ban them from entering your domain? Has any Ibo leader ever spoken up against the hatred? NO. If you declare our leaders enrmies and ban them ftom entering alaibo then you have declared enmity and ban on our people generally.

You declared Ambode a ndigbo enemy #1 and banned him from coming to SE.

You declared Aregbesola a non entity and stopped him from moving around when he visited SE.

You declared Kumuyi a non entity and put word out to kill him if he showed up.

Heck...you even threated the President, Buhari that he will be killed if he entered SE as he was planning to do few months ago.

Get out of here with your attempt to save face

BabaRamota1980:

How many times has any Westerner declared a Ibo or Hausa a non entity and put a ban on any of you the way Ibo declare Yoruba leaders as enemies and ban them from entering your domain? Has any Ibo leader ever spoken up against the hatred? NO. If you declare our leaders enrmies and ban them ftom entering alaibo then you have declared enmity and ban on our people generally.

You declared Ambode a ndigbo enemy #1 and banned him from coming to SE.

You declared Aregbesola a non entity and stopped him from moving around when he visited SE.

You declared Kumuyi a non entity and put word out to kill him if he showed up.

Heck...you even threated the President, Buhari that he will be killed if he entered SE as he was planning to do few months ago.

Get out of here with your attempt to save face

nobody stopped anybody
despite the agitations ur people are in the East
kumuyi was in owerri last week and today in aba
who stopped ambode and aregbe?
when Eastern leaders condemn their youths, non igbos will label both the leaders and youths and when they keep quite u condemn them still
there are businesses non igbos are good at and they are doing it well in the East
No matter the wealth of a hausa man he doesnt believe in owning much property outside his home
a plot of land in the villages in the East is in hundred of thousands and also expensive for the native but non natives hardly want to spend handsomely to acquire property
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by slivertongue: 10:39pm On Jun 21, 2017
smellingmenses:

Exactly. Meanwhile they ruined our regional government system through the evil coup and completed it through Ironsi ... Now Nigeria is stuck. They are now talking about Biafra. No way we're in this together... No escaping from their creation!

u are right the coup ended regionalism
but had 'operation wetie' not happened maybe just maybe the coup wouldnt have happend
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Samkmery: 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2017
The Igbos are a very funny bunch, Igbo land that is barren and deserted is where you want the Yoruba's to invest. A land that the foremost dream of every young man is to travel to Lagos or other part of the country cos of the unfruitful nature of their land, a land plagued with all sort of nefarious activities and criminals are celebrities

If you want to see the giant strides of Yoruba's, visit portharcourt, 3 out of every five Yoruba in portharcourt live in their own houses, the same goes for other southern states. It is a well known fact that iGboland is highly toxic and horrific, even their indigenes dread travelling back home so why will a Yoruba want to live in a deserted, cannibalistic and economically dead region.

8 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by pazienza(m): 11:35pm On Jun 21, 2017
spyder880:

So sorry for your experience, I always encourage good treatment for all buyers. The nation will be better for it.

Don't be this naive.
The average Igbo man is business driven and would sell land or anything at all to the highest bidder, he doesn't deal on sentiments. That's the Igbo trait.

The very idea that the Igbo man would refuse to sell land to a person who put the highest bid for it, is in itself a falsehood not worth investigating, cos it negates the very core business principle of the average Igbo man, which puts profit maximization ahead of everything else.

The Yoruba man you are replying is a liar and only concocted this story to paint Igbos black. It's his nature, woven into the very fabric of his DNA, he simply can't help it.
Don't patronize him.

9 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by pazienza(m): 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
IloveMoney:
In my village alone which is a thick village anyways but developed as every typical igbo village littered with beautiful mansions and recreational joints, If you don't have atleast 2million(if you are lucky), don't even come and price land there. Just imagine carrying a yoruba man to my village to buy land, he will first think that it is a village and why should he buy land there when that 1.5million would get it an acre in a typical village in the southwest or two plots at the outskirts of Ibadan or oshogbo....

and obviously, as a property investor, his wish is to invest in the city, but when he gets to the city and they tell him a plot of land is 10million, he will say they dont want to sell land to him, that was why they increased the cost instead of him admitting his poverty and his un-seriousness to by the land. Truly these people are not only myopic,primordial and local, they are just too cowardly for my liking.

Verily verily I say unto you, this is the undiluted truth.

The very high cost of property and rent in the East, when presented by an Igbo to a non Igbo "would be" buyer or renter, is often misinterpreted as Igbos being hostile and not wanting them to buy or rent the property by non Igbos , cos in comparison to what is obtainable in their own part of the country outside Lagos/Abuja, the price of Igbo property is just too high, it's just too unreal to them. But the truth is that other Igbo would be. buyers or renters would also be made to pay the same price offered to the non Igbo, that drove the non Igbo away, and the Igbo buyer would pay, cos he acknowledges that's the normal price for lands in the East.

In contrast, when Igbos leave the East and venture into other parts of Nigeria, the sudden realization of how cheap land property are in those areas relative to Igboland, often drive them into a land buying frenzy that their new host would soon start reading sinister motives into.

7 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Horllamideh(m): 11:49pm On Jun 21, 2017
Saintsquare:
come to Abeokuta,go to Isapon,you will see your kinsmen selling wears. They even have there Eze.there. From there stroll down to Isale Igbin,you will see your people selling spare parts. Take a bike to Panseke,hundreds of your people are selling shoes, wears and electronics.

Ibadan, only Iwo roads has thousands of igbos selling all.sorts.

Even Ekiti ain't left out, come to Ado and see how your people are selling tiles, paints and.spare parts in Textiles,some are also selling egg roll at Fajuyi and many are riding okada.

So guy it's not bout Lagos at all but whole sw.....
I dey Ogbomoso and Igbos plenty here die......They are fvcking everywhere. I don go one semi-village go do field trip in Kwara state before and believe me, Igbo man dey..... seriously, they are not marginalized.....they are just bunch of crybabies.

2 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by ZZ22: 12:00am On Jun 22, 2017
Lazy people always find reason to justify their laziness.
I know of Tunde a yoruba barber along Miss Elems axis in Fegge, the guy is very good at what he does and has attracted himself many customers. Had it been at the onset during the bargain for the shop he is using now that the owner told him what to pay and he refused and someone else pay same amount for that same shop he would have joined the bandwagon of yoruba boys here saying Igbos dont sell/rent to others.

3 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by muyibaba222(m): 5:23am On Jun 22, 2017
EmekaMD:
Baseless lie about property in Igboland

By Azuka Onwuka

There is a baseless lie many Northerners and Southwesterners have repeated for long that they now believe it to be true, and they have continued to pass it on to their children. That blatant lie is that the reason they don't have much property or businesses in Igboland like the Igbos have in other parts of the country is because Igbos don't sell property to them or rent shops to them.

The Arewa Youths repeated that lie in their letter to the Acting President thus:

"And since the Igbo have virtually infiltrated every nook and cranny of Northern Nigeria where they have been received with open arms as fellow compatriots, we strongly believe that the region is no longer safe and secure in the light of the unfolding threats and the fact that for a long time, the Igbo have gone to extra ordinary lengths to ensure that in their domain in the South East, Northerners and Westerners are as much as possible disenfranchised from owning any businesses whereas in Kano alone, they own not less than 100,000 shops across all the business districts."

I have thrown a challenge many times on this but nobody took up my challenge. I made myself available to help anybody buy property in Nnewi and give that person a signed promise that nothing will ever happen to that property and also make my children take over that pledge when I am gone. Mind you, a storey building sells for as much as N200 million in some parts of Nnewi. So don't think it is some place where nobody wants to buy from.

The simple question to ask those who make this baseless claim is, if Igbos don't sell property to them, don't Edos, Efiks, Ijaws, Ur hobos, etc in the South-South sell to them too? How many lands and shops do Northerners and Westerners own in Calabar or Benin or Uyo or Warri, etc?

How much property and stationary businesses do Northerners own in the Southwest outside Lagos (former capital)?

How much property and businesses do Yorubas own in the North outside Abuja?

So what is the reason for that?

I have urged some Hausas and Yorubas in Nnewi to buy property but some of them smiled knowingly and kept quiet, while some told me plainly that they can't take such a risk with the way things are in Nigeria.

The problem is simply fear of the unknown. Most Nigerians - minus the Igbos - have this fear that there will still be trouble in future. So they go into any state outside their region with a bag to do their business and leave when they are done. Many don't even go with their wife and children for fear of the unknown. They believe that it is only the former FCT (Lagos) or present FCT (Abuja) that is less risky to invest in.

Most people don't understand what drives Igbos in their business and investment decisions. Igbos don't buy property in other parts of Nigeria because of any special treatment given to them by their hosts. They buy property in spite of all that goes with property and the risk involved. They lose their money to fraudsters and omonile regularly in the Southwest. They lose their property to government demolition of property. Yet they invest in property because they see property as a profitable investment, and they hate to continue to be tenants forever. An Igbo man wants to be his own master (landlord) as quickly as possible.

Igbos have lost their property and businesses to burning, destruction and looting repeatedly in riots in the North. They have even been killed repeatedly. Yet they return to rebuild.

A few years after the abandoned property saga in Port Harcourt, Igbos returned to Port Harcourt and began buying property again like crazy. Even when they are warned of the possibility of a repeat of 1970, they still go ahead to invest in property.

Obasanjo has had some land in Enugu since the 1970s when he was head of state. He has not developed the land till today. Buhari said in his asset declaration that he has some land in Port Harcourt (probably given to him free of charge). He doesn't even know where the land is, not to talk of developing it. Yet these are heads of state who fought for the unity of this nation and are always talking about one Nigeria and need to believe in Nigeria. Yet they don't even have faith in investing outside their regions or FCT.

Igbos believe that crisis and loss will not make one not to make an investment decision. Their thinking is: "What if I don't invest and nothing happens eventually to the businesses or property around? Will I bring back the hand of the clock? But even if I invest and it is lost, life goes on. Life is a risk."

It sounds like a crazy way to think but that is how they are. No other Nigerian ethnic group thinks like this. That is why some people who don't travel assume that the reason Igbos live in large numbers in other ethnic groups and even return to places where they are killed is because Igboland is not developed. Even if you have never travelled to Igboland, please Google the CBN report of the six states that control 90% cash transactions in Nigeria.

The simple reality is that Igbos are wierd risk takers when it comes to business and investment. Other ethnic groups don't have such a trait. People are different.

The reason we do these intermittent interventions is to ensure that things are put in their right perspective, for those who care for the truth; for it was such falsehood that was spread in 1966 and used as a justification for the genocide against the Igbos that year.

Shops are available in Igboland, if you have the money and have the thick skin to compete. Land is available for purchase in all parts of Igboland, if you have the money. Igbos are business-oriented. They sell or rent their property to the highest bidder. And once the transaction is done, it is done. No stories.

Just keeping the record straight.

OP pls do me favor by listing 5 successful Igbos business men/women that made their fortunes in igbo land outside their state of origin.

2 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by EmekaMD(m): 5:41am On Jun 22, 2017
muyibaba222:

OP pls do me favor by listing 5 successful Igbos business men/women that made their fortunes in igbo land outside their state of origin.
99% of companies and industry owners in the igboland are owned by Igbos and they make their wealth in Igboland..
Including my very self bro..

What do u know when all the farthest you've gone is Ogbomoso to Lagos?

You need to move beyond your nose before u can comment on other tribes bro..

5 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Afam4eva(m): 5:53am On Jun 22, 2017
I just can't imaging the lies that have pervaded this tread. Everyone just keeps lying about some phantom experiences about buying lands in Igboland.

First you have to makeup your mind about your lie. First, you say there's nothing attractive about investing in Igboland and then you turn around and say that they have refused to sell land to you. If there's nothing in Igboland, why then do you want to buy land. Are you building an orphanage?

The truth remains that among the big 3 ethnic groups, it's mainly the Igbos and Hausa/Fulani that invest wherever they go as long as they have the resources to do so. There are thousands of Igbo investments for example in Lagos and thousands in the north.

Yes, SOME Yorubas (I mean some) have some investments outside Yorubaland and outside the capital of Abuja but these investments you can count and i'm not talking about companies such as GLOBACOM and co. I'm talking about small and medium size enterprises. In port-hacourt where i grew up partly, there were loads of Yorubas working in SHELL and most of them did not have their own house in port-hacourt. They stayed in the accomodation provided by shell (Shell camp) at Rumukrushi while some of them rented houses. As soon as they were done with their jobs, off they went to wherever they came from with no recourse to give back to the community or something. And this is port-hacourt, the 3rd most important city we're talking about here. If they can't invest massively in PH while then will they invest in the south-east? I think it's better to argue that the south-east is not viable, atleast to you than to use the cloak of indegenes not selling lands to you. It's a vwery weak argument and like some people have said, if the south-east is not welcoming to strangers. How about the south-south or middle belt? How many houses or investments do you have in places like Calabar, Uyo, Asaba, Warri and co? The very few Yorubas that have houses in the south-east how did they get their own land if Igbos don't sell lands to outsiders. On one side, you say Igbo like money too much, on another part you say someone that likes money sees your money and rejects it because you're not Igbo. Like i said, stick to one lie.

10 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by EmekaMD(m): 5:58am On Jun 22, 2017
muyibaba222:

and I can't believe I even gave response to this question.

This is the dumbest I've ever came across in this thread..
Maybe u didn't see where I stated that this thread was for the intelligent and the informed?

I wish there was a practical way of vetting ones IQ so I could select who not to reply..

4 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by ThatIgboBoy: 6:09am On Jun 22, 2017
Cooly100:

This is your answer..Forget your long story.

The simple question to ask those who make this baseless claim is, if Igbos don't sell property to them, don't Edos, Efiks, Ijaws, Ur hobos, etc in the South-South sell to them too? How many lands and shops do Northerners and Westerners own in Calabar or Benin or Uyo or Warri, etc?

How much property and stationary businesses do Northerners own in the Southwest outside Lagos (former capital)?

How much property and businesses do Yorubas own in the North outside Abuja?

The northerners that sell forex in Enugu...Do they do it on the streets? Don't they own shops and officers? It is a shame for old people to be lying...Honestly...

Is that one property?

Go to ama awusa in owerri where they sell forex and see the small shops they rent and they even sleep there sef.

Come to alaba international and see how they huddled themselves in small shops selling forex.

And u call that one property. Go to anywhere in Nigeria. When u see a sure building,the probability it is owned by an igbo man is high

1 Like

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by misterawo: 7:16am On Jun 22, 2017
I have a thriving diagnostic centre in a rented apartment in Benue state. Now many locals including their chief are encouraging me to buy a land and expand my business. So far I'm resisting that suggestion. If I eventually, agree to their advice, I hope they will not turn around and say "we tolerated you", " we accommodated you", when I achieved everything through my efforts.

One of natives friend relocated to Onitsha and is earning #25,000 per month as a janitor. Later he will accuse us of not selling land to him, when his 50yrs salary cannot afford one plot of land in GRA Onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by prodigy24: 7:34am On Jun 22, 2017
There are so many lies by these people against ndi Igbo but I find it very annoying that Igbo people are not doing anything about this.
In their statement they alleged the following...
Igbo people refuse to sell properties to non indigene in their place.
Another one is that,they have information that Igbo people are masquerading as Fulani herdsmen to cause disaffection.. Why would they make this kind of allegation yet nobody has come out to challenge them.
During Goodluck regime,they alleged that it was Igbo people that are selling arms to Bokoharam,they even said that, Ihejirika sponsored the bokoharm. We need to start dispelling most of these allegation.
Cc pacienza, afam4eva

5 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by EmekaMD(m): 7:41am On Jun 22, 2017
misterawo:
I have a thriving diagnostic centre in a rented apartment in Benue state. Now many locals including their chief are encouraging me to buy a land and expand my business. So far I'm resisting that suggestion. If I eventually, agree to their advice, I hope they will not turn around and say "we tolerated you", " we accommodated you", when I achieved everything through my efforts.

One of natives friend relocated to Onitsha and is earning #25,000 per month as a janitor. Later he will accuse us of not selling land to him, when his 50yrs salary cannot afford one plot of land in GRA Onitsha.
I dey tell u..

2 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Markfemi2: 7:41am On Jun 22, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

See the bold idiocy this OSU is spreading?!! shocked shocked

You this deluded boy with your stupid lies. What do you gain from the lies you tell yourself? Imagine the claim you made in the bold above? So all those Yoruba Shell, Schlumberger, Total, NNPC, Mobil staff who built houses in cocaine avenue of first artillery, eneka and woji have all uprooted their houses? What about trans Amadi? What about agip mgbuosimini? Or Eliogbolo and Elimgbu? So where are all the Yoruba working in Mobil Eket?

I'm sure you dont know that the secretary of GPH phase 9 eneka where some houses were demolished recently by wike is even a Yoruba lawyer? If you claim Yoruba can't compete in the potopoto republic, what about your neighbors like ijaw, Urhobo etc? How many of them own properties in your hate filled region?

I'm sure you're one of those ibo boys who has never left his village before or just came to PH selling gala at Isaac boro park and living in one yard at bishop okoye street in mile 3. Its not your fault at all. A true SS will surely not make those idiotic statements in bold angry

CHAI U WICKED
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Markfemi2: 7:43am On Jun 22, 2017
Samkmery:
The Igbos are a very funny bunch, Igbo land that is barren and deserted is where you want the Yoruba's to invest. A land that the foremost dream of every young man is to travel to Lagos or other part of the country cos of the unfruitful nature of their land, a land plagued with all sort of nefarious activities and criminals are celebrities

If you want to see the giant strides of Yoruba's, visit portharcourt, 3 out of every five Yoruba in portharcourt live in their own houses, the same goes for other southern states. It is a well known fact that iGboland is highly toxic and horrific, even their indigenes dread travelling back home so why will a Yoruba want to live in a deserted, cannibalistic and economically dead region.
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by prodigy24: 7:52am On Jun 22, 2017
I forgot to add,there many Yorubas,kogi people in Anambra state now. 80percent of Okada riders,Tailors, Agbo Sellers, the phone repairers,dry cleaners, bank workers,and many menial Jon.
Intact south east is their hustling base,they are in their thousands.

FYI,the only difference between Igbo and other tribes when they migrate to another state.
Igbo people learn their language, integrate into the people, others don't. A lot of igboa speak Yoruba Hausa Fulani and other languages, how many Yoruba can speak Hausa Igbo and Fulani? How many Hausa can speak the other languages?
Another one,is Igbo people register their presence by having a shop along the prominent location where everyone will see them and buy from them,while other tribes,who majorly work in an enclosed places like banks, industries, constriction site.
I dare say that there are more Yoruba is Awka than Igbo's in ekiti. You can argue but this is a fact..
I have a Yoruba man that have lived in my village for over 30 years. All his children are practically Igbo in many ways. They are not going back to their place,because they have been assimilated here.

4 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Malawian(m): 7:59am On Jun 22, 2017
ZZ22:
Lazy people always find reason to justify their laziness.
I know of Tunde a yoruba barber along Miss Elems axis in Fegge, the guy is very good at what he does and has attracted himself many customers. Had it been at the onset during the bargain for the shop he is using now that the owner told him what to pay and he refused and someone else pay same amount for that same shop he would have joined the bandwagon of yoruba boys here saying Igbos dont sell/rent to others.
Just opposite one of my dads house in Nkpor is a shop owned by a Yoruba man, i met him in 1998 after we finished boarding school and decided to stay small in the east before returning to lagos. I dont know how long he had been there before then, but even till today, he is still there. He has since married an Igbo woman and they are raising Children in that place. He can speak igbo like anyone in the area and is competing with the locals around there, seeling provisions and all.

Heck, my Aunty even leaves her keys with him cos my aunty stays in the flat we reserved in that building in case any of us were to come home unexpectedly.

This yoruba guy is an exception to the rule, normal yoruba are scared of leaving their homes to distant lands, even leaving their daddy's house to rent somewhere in the same area is difficult for them, you see 3-4 generations of the same family clobbered together in a small living quarters all the time here.

The yoruba guy i mentioned, it was not oil work that brought him to the east, neither was it artisan work. He sells provisions like more than 5 shops do in the same small street, yet he is thriving.

4 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by modik(m): 8:01am On Jun 22, 2017
smellingmenses:

We will never invest in igbo land qed

...And you lots are chanting "one Nigeria" the loudest!

see hypocrisy at its peak grin grin
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by sashash(m): 8:33am On Jun 22, 2017
EmekaMD:
how many properties does the yorubas own in the non-hostile north and other parts of the country?? That's exactly my point Bro..
the Yorubas have properties in NOrth very well....Have you heard of Sabon Gari in Kano...there should be a Sanyaolu street there ...I am sure of that n others places too....In Jos the Yorubas from Ogbomoso have a noticeable presence there the current king of Ogbomoso still has an hotel there am sure...to say the Yorubas do not have an investment there is not accurate....

2 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by ZZ22: 8:51am On Jun 22, 2017
Malawian:

Just opposite one of my dads house in Nkpor is a shop owned by a Yoruba man, i met him in 1998 after we finished boarding school and decided to stay small in the east before returning to lagos. I dont know how long he had been there before then, but even till today, he is still there. He has since married an Igbo woman and they are raising Children in that place. He can speak igbo like anyone in the area and is competing with the locals around there, seeling provisions and all.

Heck, my Aunty even leaves her keys with him cos my aunty stays in the flat we reserved in that building in case any of us were to come home unexpectedly.

This yoruba guy is an exception to the rule, normal yoruba are scared of leaving their homes to distant lands, even leaving their daddy's house to rent somewhere in the same area is difficult for them, you see 3-4 generations of the same family clobbered together in a small living quarters all the time here.

The yoruba guy i mentioned, it was not oil work that brought him to the east, neither was it artisan work. He sells provisions like more than 5 shops do in the same small street, yet he is thriving.
thats the spirit bro. Anybody that will survive can survive anywhere it doesnt matter if your Igbo, hausa or yoruba. The battle for survival is not for the lilly livered but for people who have strong determination to do so.
At the the back of Tunde's shop is another yoruba guy a very good tailor. He has two shop and has brought all his brothers along because many people bring clothes to him and they always have loads of work to do. Had it been he is not determined to succeed in onitsha he woulda refuse to pay for the shop and end up here saying Igbos dont sell/rent to others. Igbos are successful many places you find them today because they are determined to succeed wherever they find themselves.
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by muyibaba222(m): 8:52am On Jun 22, 2017
EmekaMD:
and I can't believe I even gave response to this question.

This is the dumbest I've ever came across in this thread..
Maybe u didn't see where I stated that this thread was for the intelligent and the informed?

I wish there was a practical way of vetting ones IQ so I could select who not to reply..

I will not quote/reply you in an abusive manner cos it will never give me the answer to my question, even as I'm tempted to do so. The post has not said you are lying or whatever but only want you to convince me more about all you have said.

Now back to the question but in a modified way cos it is obvious you did not get it earlier even as little as the post is. Tell me 5 successful Igbos business men/women that started outside his/her state e.g. a successful Enugu business man that started his business from Anambra, not the one that extends his business to Anambra after being successful @Enugu.

I know Igbos own almost all (if not all) the investments in 'igboland'. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by sashash(m): 11:42am On Jun 22, 2017
Saintsquare:
come to Abeokuta,go to Isapon,you will see your kinsmen selling wears. They even have there Eze.there. From there stroll down to Isale Igbin,you will see your people selling spare parts. Take a bike to Panseke,hundreds of your people are selling shoes, wears and electronics.

Ibadan, only Iwo roads has thousands of igbos selling all.sorts.

Even Ekiti ain't left out, come to Ado and see how your people are selling tiles, paints and.spare parts in Textiles,some are also selling egg roll at Fajuyi and many are riding okada.

So guy it's not bout Lagos at all but whole sw.....
this guy sabi Abeokuta very well .. being honest what ever u do ..do it well...some Ibos are doing in Abeokuta even in the civil service where an Ibo man is the P.S ...
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by Omofunaab2: 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
sashash:
this guy sabi Abeokuta very well .. being honest what ever u do ..do it well...some Ibos are doing in Abeokuta even in the civil service where an Ibo man is the P.S ...

It's funny how igbos are forming accommodating, tolerating etc on this thread. .. . Is it not the same igbos that banned kumuyi from coming to aba? Is it not the same Igboland where non indigenes are sacked from the civil service while igbos are permanent secretaries, directors in the Ogun state civil service.

2 Likes

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by EmekaMD(m): 1:15pm On Jun 22, 2017
muyibaba222:

I will not quote/reply you in an abusive manner cos it will never give me the answer to my question, even as I'm tempted to do so. The post has not said you are lying or whatever but only want you to convince me more about all you have said.

Now back to the question but in a modified way cos it is obvious you did not get it earlier even as little as the post is. Tell me 5 successful Igbos business men/women that started outside his/her state e.g. a successful Enugu business man that started his business from Anambra, not the one that extends his business to Anambra after being successful @Enugu.

I know Igbos own almost all (if not all) the investments in 'igboland'. Thanks
how many Yorubas are fair in complexion?
My question sounds crazy because it's out of the context of our discuss right?

That's exactly the same way I feel about ur question..
Discuss the issue I raised and stop digressing dude
Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by muyibaba222(m): 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
EmekaMD:
how many Yorubas are fair in complexion?
My question sounds crazy because it's out of the context of our discuss right?

That's exactly the same way I feel about ur question..
Discuss the issue I raised and stop digressing dude

As numerous as we have successful igbo business men, you can not name five in context of my question even after telling you to CONVINCE me that you writeup is factual. Your inability to answer shows Igbos don't even allow co-Igbo from another state/area to be successful in their domain. How much more of other tribes?

It's only when you are successful in your business in a particular place that you think of owning properties/investments there. Even wealthy Nigerians (Dangote, Adenuga, Dantata and others) will not think of investing in SE because they know what will come of it. Have you thought of the reason why an Igbo man would prefer to leave his state for another region rather than neighboring S/Eastern states? even Evans (with no legal business) left Anambra for Edo(SS).

1 Like

Re: Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland by 4Play(m): 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
Afam4eva:
I just can't imaging the lies that have pervaded this tread. Everyone just keeps lying about some phantom experiences about buying lands in Igboland.

First you have to makeup your mind about your lie. First, you say there's nothing attractive about investing in Igboland and then you turn around and say that they have refused to sell land to you. If there's nothing in Igboland, why then do you want to buy land. Are you building an orphanage?

The truth remains that among the big 3 ethnic groups, it's mainly the Igbos and Hausa/Fulani that invest wherever they go as long as they have the resources to do so. There are thousands of Igbo investments for example in Lagos and thousands in the north.

Yes, SOME Yorubas (I mean some) have some investments outside Yorubaland and outside the capital of Abuja but these investments you can count and i'm not talking about companies such as GLOBACOM and co. I'm talking about small and medium size enterprises. In port-hacourt where i grew up partly, there were loads of Yorubas working in SHELL and most of them did not have their own house in port-hacourt. They stayed in the accomodation provided by shell (Shell camp) at Rumukrushi while some of them rented houses. As soon as they were done with their jobs, off they went to wherever they came from with no recourse to give back to the community or something. And this is port-hacourt, the 3rd most important city we're talking about here. If they can't invest massively in PH while then will they invest in the south-east? I think it's better to argue that the south-east is not viable, atleast to you than to use the cloak of indegenes not selling lands to you. It's a vwery weak argument and like some people have said, if the south-east is not welcoming to strangers. How about the south-south or middle belt? How many houses or investments do you have in places like Calabar, Uyo, Asaba, Warri and co? The very few Yorubas that have houses in the south-east how did they get their own land if Igbos don't sell lands to outsiders. On one side, you say Igbo like money too much, on another part you say someone that likes money sees your money and rejects it because you're not Igbo. Like i said, stick to one lie.

Ethnic hatred doesn't have to be coherent. It draws strength from the inherent contradictions. Igbos love money excessively but won't sell property/land to non-Igbos, thereby depressing land and property values.

It tells you a lot about the intellect, or lack thereof, of ethnic warriors. The idiocy is Olympian, bordering on imbecility.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okechukwu Enelamah: FG To Create 20 Million Jobs In Buhari’s Second Tenure / Why My Family, Folks And I Wouldn't Vote Come 2015 / Police Arrest Zamfara APGA Governorship Candidate For Ballot Box Snatching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.