Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell (19636 Views)

Why Do Most Guys 'kiss And Tell'. / Why Can't Naija Guys Kiss? / Where To Kiss And What It Means And Where To Kiss Your Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by piwunoh: 2:51am On Jan 27, 2010
Why do you think some guys kiss and tell?
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by Abekeade08(f): 2:55am On Jan 27, 2010
Insert Quote
Why do you think some guys kiss and tell?

Ask na2day, h202 or sagamite that question, maybe they will have an answer for you.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by na2day2(m): 3:33am On Jan 27, 2010
Abekeade08:

Have fun at the gym beta person. Maybe some NL guys on here can get some inspiration from you. lipsrsealed

what is that suppose to mean? angry angry angry angry

Abekeade08:

Ask na2day, h202 or sagamite that question, maybe they will have an answer for you.

why is my name on this list when i dont even know what "kiss and tell" means? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by tbaba83(m): 3:39am On Jan 27, 2010
women are funny. if ur hubby is bad in bed wont u do d same. in our own case we do it irrespective of good or bad.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by Pittbaby(f): 3:49am On Jan 27, 2010
if you dont want him to tell then dont kiss him , case solved .
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by Pittbaby(f): 3:49am On Jan 27, 2010
cast jewels to swine and then complain about the treatment
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by luvbooks(f): 3:55am On Jan 27, 2010
na2day?:

your gay friends still dont count as women  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And you know that they are gay because. . . ? U ' ve met them right?  undecided

Sagamite:

Are you both honestly telling me you do not discuss with your closest mates the guys you have been with?  undecided

And you are both women? Not men, not hermaphrodites, not transexuals?  grin

I take it, you do not even tell these friends when you are sleeping over or intend to sleep over at the guy's place?

Fuuuck me! I have never met girls like the 2 of you in my life and I have met a lot of girls.

I don't discuss such things in my life with my friends . . . I would hate for anyone to discuss me in public and so I try not to do it to others. There are some things you shouldn't discuss with even your closest friends .
I can discuss boys on a surface level of course, but anything beyond that is just . . . no.

[quote][/quote]
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by na2day2(m): 4:31am On Jan 27, 2010
luvbooks:

u dont wanna know my reply lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by luvbooks(f): 4:42am On Jan 27, 2010
na2day?:

u dont wanna know my reply lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Whatever.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by na2day2(m): 4:54am On Jan 27, 2010
luvbooks:

Whatever.

u wanna go back to the good old days were we fight dirty? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by luvbooks(f): 5:06am On Jan 27, 2010
Pittbaby:

EXACTLY. . . can you blame them? No! You gave them the chance in the first place.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by chic2pimp(m): 5:59am On Jan 27, 2010
@ POSTER

Abegii make we hear word jor.
It works both ways.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by Sagamite(m): 10:17am On Jan 27, 2010
luvbooks:

I don't discuss such things in my life with my friends . . . I would hate for anyone to discuss me in public and so I try not to do it to others. There are some things you shouldn't discuss with even your closest friends .
I can discuss boys on a surface level of course,  but anything beyond that is just . . . no.

Just to clarify, if you are in your man's house late at night (and sleeping over) and your best female friend calls you or a discussion leads to you having to reveal you slept over, you would lie to your friend that you are at home? That you have never slept at his?

Since you and Ibkaye are exceptions (I can understand hers as she is 18 years or less, so there is a higher chance she can still be a "V", you look in your 20s, your's is possible but more rare), I know for sure girls discuss such easily amongst themselves, and they would bi.tch if another girl is receiving (gist) and not giving. That girl would be isolated and excluded after sometime. It is even a talent competition amongst them to show how many [quality and eligible] guys make a move on them and which one was romantic and made them melt. Maybe you and Ibkaye just overplay the religious veil even with your best friends.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 27, 2010
I regard 'kiss and tell' as a public retell of one's sexual exploits, sleeping over at a boyfriend's house does not fall under that category grin

Tackling the topic at hand, nothing to do with religion, ok maybe a bit, but generally due to morals, if a close friend asked if I'd slept with my boyfriend, if I'm being honest with myself I'd probably admit it, yes, it ends at that though, no juicy details grin
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by KennyG6(m): 10:42am On Jan 27, 2010
Pittbaby:

if you dont want him to tell then dont kiss him , case solved .
Pittbaby:

i couldnt have put it any better!
You were happy to sleep with a congregation member when your father is the pastor of the church you both attend, you basically sent out the message that whatever your father is preaching is "nonsense" if you ever had any regard for your family you wouldnt have done that in his parish. You girl have disgraced your father and should quit blaming someone else!

On the other hand, its a known fact that women also do "kiss and Tell" only in this case she got played; so all this nonsense about men being immature should stop.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by Sagamite(m): 10:47am On Jan 27, 2010
ibkaye:

I regard 'kiss and tell' as a public retell of one's sexual exploits, sleeping over at a boyfriend's house does not fall under that category grin

Tackling the topic at hand, nothing to do with religion, ok maybe a bit, but generally due to morals, if a close friend asked if I'd slept with my boyfriend, if I'm being honest with myself I'd probably admit it, yes, it ends at that though, no juicy details grin

Ah!

Thank God you are not talking to me like if I was born yesterday. Jesu christi!

If you tell a girlfriend you are sleeping at a boyfriend's house, the inference and conclusion is a foregone conclusion on whagoan.

For some girl to tell me, she never ever lets her friends know if she has been with a guy. It is either she is very strange or she is chatting absolute bollocks!

Neither do mature guys go into juicy details with closest friends.

There would be some encounters you do not tell your friends because of negative implications, for example in this case.

When I was in uni, I dated a girl for about 18 months and till today only me and her know of the relationship (to my knowledge, she might have told someone else on her side). My closest friends don't despite knowing her very well and she was always around me, if i told them today, they would collapse out of surprise. It was not because she was ugly, she was fine as hell, my nickname for her was "The Body", but because another friend would have been very upset to find out about us.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 27, 2010
Sagamite:

Ah!

Thank God you are not talking to me like if I was born yesterday. Jesu christi!

If you tell a girlfriend you are sleeping at a boyfriend's house, the inference and conclusion is a foregone conclusion on whagoan.

For some girl to tell me, she never ever lets her friends know if she has been with a guy. It is either she is very strange or she is chatting absolute bollocks!

Neither do mature guys go into juicy details with closest friends.

There would be some encounters you do not tell your friends because of negative implications, for example in this case.

When I was in uni, I dated a girl for about 18 months and till today only me and her know of the relationship (to my knowledge, she might have told someone else on her side), my closest friends don't despite knowing her very well and she was always around me. It was not because she was ugly, she was fine as hell, my nickname for her was "The Body", but because another friend would have been very upset to find out about us.
Lol yeah, there are boundaries concerning information, I'm definitely not a saint (not implying anything), I'd just prefer to keep certain things to myself and my boyfriend cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by rhymz(m): 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2010
madoba:

To all the brothers in the house your honest answers,opinions & comments on this matter would be welcome. Because as a lady I am trying to understand why some guys can't keep thier private affairs private. now this story may sound like a nollywood movie but trust me guys it is a true & real life story.

Recently a female colleague of mine (Gloria) broke down at work crying & lamenting about how her reputation/image had been damaged, by some guy she got involved with in her church.Gloria & Roland are members of the same church and both are in the church choir, Gloria's father is also a pastor in that church.

She slept with Roland and also had an abortion for him,Roland didn't keep his mouth shut about this fact he told a friend of his and a couple of other people about it.His friend first sold him out with this information,now guess what his friend is also a member of the same church and a choir member as well.The news soon became public knowledge and this created quite a scandal in church.

Roland however denied ever mentioning thier affair & the abortion to anyone.My colleague insists that she never told anyone about it so the news could have come from only one person(Roland) since they were the only ones who knew about the pregnancy & abortion at the time it happened.Her story reminds me of my first year in university and my very first relationship.The guy i was dating then had told someone how he was the first man to do me, before i knew it the news was all over campus.

SO SERIOUSLY GUYS WHY do some of u do stuff like this? All i know is that it doesn't honor you the man and it greatly dishonors the woman you are involved with.

Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by rhymz(m): 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2010
madoba:

To all the brothers in the house your honest answers,opinions & comments on this matter would be welcome. Because as a lady I am trying to understand why some guys can't keep thier private affairs private. now this story may sound like a nollywood movie but trust me guys it is a true & real life story.

Recently a female colleague of mine (Gloria) broke down at work crying & lamenting about how her reputation/image had been damaged, by some guy she got involved with in her church.Gloria & Roland are members of the same church and both are in the church choir, Gloria's father is also a pastor in that church.

She slept with Roland and also had an abortion for him,Roland didn't keep his mouth shut about this fact he told a friend of his and a couple of other people about it.His friend first sold him out with this information,now guess what his friend is also a member of the same church and a choir member as well.The news soon became public knowledge and this created quite a scandal in church.

Roland however denied ever mentioning thier affair & the abortion to anyone.My colleague insists that she never told anyone about it so the news could have come from only one person(Roland) since they were the only ones who knew about the pregnancy & abortion at the time it happened.Her story reminds me of my first year in university and my very first relationship.The guy i was dating then had told someone how he was the first man to do me, before i knew it the news was all over campus.

SO SERIOUSLY GUYS WHY do some of u do stuff like this? All i know is that it doesn't honor you the man and it greatly dishonors the woman you are involved with.

This is total bullcrap!! How is kissing and telling a male thing as U allude in this your half-baked story?Except U live in "Planet perfect" where more than 99.9%  of things that happen there do not apply to real humanbeings.
Sex and who U have it with means different things to different ppl.A guy might get excited by the fact that he was the one to deflower his gf and tell it to a very close confidant & friend who probably don't know U or any member of your family, even the girl can do thesame too.For whatever reasons both male and female usually feel the need to tell sb else about stuff like this.Whether they do that during the relationship or after break up is to me,where lies the issue of the appropriateness of doing such depending on the ppl involved but we can't delude ourselves that we wont someday have to talk abt it with sb else.Such stories usually ve a way of coming out anyway,let's not pretend we(both male and female) dont discuss very intimate stuff like that with our very close friends or buddies,that's not realy kiss and tell.
Kiss and tell is when U sleep with sb and tell just about anybody about it.There's a difference here,"just about any1" and pls,pls and pls both gals and guyz do it,it's not an exclusive trait of the males.
@Op
Besides,if U re so great at keeping secrets how come the story is on NL even to the extent of calling thier names.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by whitelexi(m): 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2010
The case is simple, we can correlate gossiping and kissing/telling to women more cos they gossip more!
They get excited over little things more, they cant keep secretz more, and so they look for someone to tell more!
Naija girls especially are guilty of gossiping and rumour mongering!! From the market-women, to the american barbie wanna be!

There is absolutely nothing u can entrust in a woman's care and never expect it to get out!

Even half the number of girls who've decried it on this thread alone, have been guilty of it in the past and will still be guilty of it in the future. . .  They just cant help themselves! All this lip-service remix of moral-correctness does not decieve any of us, we know the truth. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by gabriel4u(m): 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2010
Right guys does such, (kiss and tell), most especialy when their is a gain on the girl for whom will be able to sex her.Now this is the high time we gat to stop!! grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by walestar01(m): 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2010
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, grin grin grin church members firing each other and God exposing them by themselves, and now you are blaming man for it, grin grin grin thanks you Roland for exposing, toto sweet to discuss among guys grin grin than football
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by ayo84(m): 5:44pm On Jan 27, 2010
wh0o says it's only men who kiss and tell
women do too, infact, they shldnt blame anyone when their female friends start disturbing the guy because of his prowess
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2010
Plain immaturity. You just have to learn to hold your head up high in the midst of adversity. cool
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by titsqueez(m): 6:23pm On Jan 27, 2010
It aint no fun if the homies cant get some, next best ting is lettin em know how the baby gets down.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by oge4real(f): 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2010
Because they lack self confidence, and need to boost it at all cost.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by na2day2(m): 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2010
oge4real:

Because they lack self confidence, and need to boost it at all cost.

i guess that applies to all the girls that gossip
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by tbaba83(m): 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2010
i dont get it? where does self confidence relate with kiss and tell
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by yashika(m): 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2010
Sweetmum, you are really sweet. I think i like you. You can make a wonderful friend.
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2010
Maybe we need to create groups.

In terms of kissing and telling there are those who may discuss with a few close friends that he/she has slept with his/her girlfriend/boyfriend plus a few very minor details, sometimes it cannot always be controlled, fair enough, this guy/girl knows his/her boundaries, what to tell and when to keep tight lipped.

Then there's the guy that brags indiscriminately about his sexual exploits, non stop, usually to boost his ego, it's almost always a competition to see who can get the better girl, who can manage to lay this or that girl, etc thus the only way to get points is to 'kiss and tell', now this is where the whole thing about 'self confidence' comes in, locker room behavior.

Then there are the girls who gossip about their bedroom antics to belittle a guy.

Both males and females do it, we can't pinpoint it to one gender.

Sometimes you just can't help letting a few things slip but like with most things, it's your reason behind your actions that matter the most  undecided
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by yankidelta(m): 7:25pm On Jan 27, 2010
Evry 1 does just hope u don't tell d wrong person
Re: Why Do Some Guys Kiss And Tell by Sauron1: 7:25pm On Jan 27, 2010
Girls do the Kiss-n-Tell more than Guys.
They can be so annoying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

20 Signs He Is Definitely A Player / Dear Nigerian/black Beautiful Women / If A Girl Is Extremely Busty (breast-wise), Is It A Sign Of Way-Wardness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.