Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor (4833 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by K3L3CH1: 11:07am On Jan 26, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Crime/5517265-146/story.csp

The Yenagoa High Court will, on Wednesday, January 27, commence trial in a suit instituted by the former governor of Bayelsa State, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha praying that the court compel the Federal Government and the National Assembly to reinstate him as the governor of the state.

The former Air Force officer lost the position when he was impeached in 2005 by the state House of Assembly after his indictment for corruption by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The former governor had filed a suit earlier in 2005 after his removal from office, but a federal appeals court in Abuja had ruled that the case be returned to a high court in Bayelsa for retrial.Mr Alamieyeseigha, popularly called the Governor-General of the Ijaw Nation, was removed after he was indicted by a panel set up by the state government in 2005 to investigate allegations of financial recklessness against him.

A running battle with the then president of the country, Olusegun Obasanjo and an encounter with the London Metropolitan Police, which arrested him for money laundering, were also part of the problems that put paid to his governorship career.

He was replaced by his then deputy and current Vice President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan.

Executive battle

The former governor has also been enmeshed in a political battle with the current governor of the state, Timipre Sylva. c Some of his choice properties within and outside the country were confiscated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in the aftermath of his impeachment and trial.

Mr. Alamieyeseigha had stayed out of politics since then, only to resurface during the state gubernatorial bye-election in which he surprisingly supported the incumbent governor against his nephew, Ebitimi Amgbare who contested under the platform of the Action Congress (AC).
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 26, 2010
is this guy high on drugs undecided
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by aspabay(m): 11:47am On Jan 26, 2010
the guy day mad. Anyway this is Nigeria anything is possible once you have Aondoakaa as minister of justice
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by Gentlebabs(m): 12:14pm On Jan 26, 2010
Nigeria is a country where Elephants can fly, That Alameiseigha can re-surface again, asking to be re-instated is somewhat of a puzzlement. God go help us oh!
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by Remen: 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2010
he is probably high on cheap crack
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by IfeanyiO(m): 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2010
He should go and sleep.no second chance for him becos he is not on a missionary journey. come to loot and revenge .NO
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by Iranoladun(f): 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2010
This shows the level of corrupton & madness in Nigeria! Some of our politician are so power drunk that they think they are mini-god & can get away with anything!   sad

Imagine someone that was a public disgrace to the Ijaw nation and Nigeria in general re-surfacing in order to upturn an impeachment proceeding already executed (year 2005) and with another elected Governor already running half the time of his tenure (2010)!  angry  As if we have all forgotten his female disguise a la Ghana border into Nigeria from London cheesy

Alami must surely be smoking something undecided
Wonder! Wonder! Wonder! shocked
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by ajilete(f): 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2010
Haaa, hahahahahahahaha!!!hahhehehehehehe!
Laugh wan kill me o,
Isnt this the man that ''disappeared'' from the shores of the uk dressed like a woman and ''appeared '' in Naija, saying ''It is the work of God, ''. Why are politicians so shameless!!!So desperate to have another go at the pie sharing that nothing will stand in their way, no past scandal, no past disgrace, nothing, God help us o.
postcript, I bet there will soon be some ''We want Alameiyeseigha back!!!Vote for Alemieyesigha!!! Alemeiyesiegha is our saviour!!!!!!!!""
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by gentlegg(m): 12:26pm On Jan 26, 2010
Nothing baffles me anymore in Nigeria. How can an ex-convict ask for reinstatement again? Haba
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by ayo84(m): 12:29pm On Jan 26, 2010
that nigga broke, he needs money asap, and he thinks this is his meal ticket
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by lannre(m): 12:30pm On Jan 26, 2010
when the country become landlord association Meeting
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by anddrewz: 12:35pm On Jan 26, 2010
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nigeria we hail thee,
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by suxes2005(m): 12:36pm On Jan 26, 2010
Na wa oooo

Wat does he want again self?

SHALOM
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by Johnnoo(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2010
gentlegg:

Nothing baffles me anymore in Nigeria. How can an ex-convict ask for reinstatement again? Haba
My brother i tire ooh!!

Remen:

he is probably high on cheap crack
lol. . . na u sell 2him. . .lol grin

aspabay:

the guy day mad. Anyway this is Nigeria anything is possible once you have Aondoakaa as minister of justice
i'm not surprise
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by beknown(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2010
Shame
Madness
Out of order
Damaged beyond repair

These are the characteristics of leadership in Nigeria.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by desgiezd(m): 12:39pm On Jan 26, 2010
One never can tell, Aondoakaa may have given him all needed assurances as long as the price is right.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by anishe(m): 12:47pm On Jan 26, 2010
Na wa o for this country. please dont be surprised if the presiding judge rules in the guy's favour because anything can happen in Nigeria.

NIGERIA FOR SHOW. This country will not stop making me Laugh. I DEY LAUGH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by Akposkin: 12:49pm On Jan 26, 2010
The man is begging
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by AKO1(m): 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2010
I hear stories like this and don't know whether to laugh or cry or frown or piss on myself or pray undecided
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by Meldrick(m): 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2010
Some things happen in this country and I feel I'm dreaming or watching a kind of home video. It is in this country that the word Integrity has no meaning. A man like Alameisegha should be hiding and never be heard talking or commenting on any public issue but idiots like him take the country as they like. no respect for the people of this country and the painful truth, some paid touts will truly be screaming and dancing naked on the street that they want Alameisegha back.

My God please help this nation. send a redeemer to deliver us from the hands of these pharaohs.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by DoubleN(m): 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2010
Only in Naija!! shocked shocked
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by queenesthr(f): 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2010
Lets wait and see how the court will rule.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by mirabell: 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2010
I wanna mental case, start to dey crazzzzzzzzzzeeee
na who dey for this place kolomental.

Alams has  gone knots.

Instead of him to stay cool, after all he went through, he has stated
showing himself.

humiliations phase 2
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by ochukoccna: 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2010
In a country where a president goes AWOL for upward of 65 days, should Alams shock you by his action?
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by Str8talk: 1:28pm On Jan 26, 2010
@ALL
The man should be given unfettered rights to contribute to the developmenmt of the law in Nigeria.
Some lawyers will make money, pay their staff more bonus and hopefully all of that will be spent in Nigeria, contributing to GDP growth
That is better than the money being locked up in some swiss bank
How he will replace the incumbent Silva as governor-in-waiting or in some other capacity should be left to the court to decide
At least Uba has had his day in court
And maybe all of these motions will also encourage Silva to pay more attention to the needs of the supposed electorates whose views typically do not often count in these matters
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by An0nimus: 1:30pm On Jan 26, 2010
He's not serious.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 26, 2010
You mean she's not serious
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by fyneguy: 1:51pm On Jan 26, 2010
You guys should read between the lines!

There's no smoke without fire.

Probably Goodluck Jonathan has given him the go ahead to seek reinstatement in court, and the VP will influence the judgment in his favour!

This is Nigeria - take note.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by Parnassuss(m): 1:52pm On Jan 26, 2010
For starters, this man probably has some strong strings somewhere, but aside that i think its in the constitution somewhere that no ex-convict or criminal plaintiff may hold office. How he's out of prison boggles my mind. HE is a sham in every nature of the word, but yet let us await the ruling, i'm sure it'll be dramatic.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by Stevo30: 1:58pm On Jan 26, 2010
Next thing we would hear is Tafa Balogun asking to reinstated as Inspector General of Police. Nigeria we hail thee. Wonder shall never end. Ojumo kan, wahala kan
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by otawa: 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2010
For starters, this man probably has some strong strings somewhere, but aside that i think its in the constitution somewhere that no ex-convict or criminal plaintiff may hold office. How he's out of prison boggles my mind. HE is a sham in every nature of the word, but yet let us await the ruling, i'm sure it'll be dramatic.

Mr Obasanjo was an ex-convict when IBB and other brought him.

Alarm cannot come back as Governor but the impeachment could be cancelled by a court, this would clean up his record and open the way for him to come back as Minister or whatever.
Re: Alamieyeseigha Seeks Reinstatement As Governor by illusion2: 2:07pm On Jan 26, 2010
Some avaricious lawyer must have convinced him. . . .

He obviously has money to spend. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! / The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots / Stop Using Religion To Destabilize South West, ACN Warns PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.