Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us (1856 Views)

Coronavirus: Obasanjo Lists 6 Areas Government Must Focus On / Let's Hand Nigeria Back To Whites Like Zimbabwe Is Handing Land Back To Whites / Why Igbos Should Forget Biafra And Focus On Restructuring - Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 9:11am On Jun 23, 2017
Hello fellow Yorubas
I am sure an ijaw oshekiru man can decide his fate to be on his own be with Biafra or be with Nigeria

As for us what's the way forward ?
Our brothers in Kwara and Kogi is what we should Chanel our energy on not niger delta

Red state is Yoruba land

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by lloydtruth: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2017
Hands off Niger Delta kwa, are you no longer from Edo state? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Ereolamide: 9:26am On Jun 23, 2017
Was there a time the Yoruba tribe got into the business of Niger Delta, the indigenes of the various tribes occupying the Niger Delta are all vocal about any issue concerning their welfare.

An average Yoruba person on the streets of southwest states care not about Niger Delta or Biafra.

Our brothers in the north central zone are much in communion with the Yoruba spirit of their kind in the west.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 9:28am On Jun 23, 2017
Ereolamide:
Was there a time the Yoruba tribe got into the business of Niger Delta, the indigenes of the various tribes occupying the Niger Delta are all vocal about any issue concerning their welfare.

An average Yoruba person on the streets of southwest states care not about Niger Delta or Biafra.

Our brothers in the north central zone are much in communion with the Yoruba spirit of their kind in the west.

Good so how do we get them back into south west as they don't belong to arewa Geographically Kwara is a western state

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 9:28am On Jun 23, 2017
lloydtruth:
Hands off Niger Delta kwa, are no longer from Edo state? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yoruba is Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by mandarin: 9:32am On Jun 23, 2017
I think the Yoruba people are less concerned about the Niger Delta save their desire for their kinsmen in Edo(largely Akoko Edo, Owan , Etsako and the Itsekiri from Delta)
I feel the Yoruba are focusing more on that than the oil in the Niger Delta.
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by xynerise: 9:33am On Jun 23, 2017
No, don't focus on your people. Your award for Asslicking is on the way.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Nbote(m): 9:35am On Jun 23, 2017
Ereolamide:

Take ur tym and go thru every IPOB/Biafra/Niger Delta related thread, bulk of d commenting and spewing tribal slurs are yorubas. They seem to b even helping spread d IPOB/Biafra story by creating threads every now and den in d name of insulting Igbos/bifrauds or wateva other names dey have baptised dem with.. They seem to care more about it than u know

18 Likes

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Ereolamide: 9:35am On Jun 23, 2017
Markfemi2:

Good so how do we get them back into south west as they don't belong to arewa Geographically Kwara is a western state
Does it matter, whether they are placed in north due to the skewed geographical zoning/manipulation of Nigeria,

we have Yorubas in Benin republic and are still Yoruba in bone and blood,

what should matter is their affiliation to culture and tradition which are not found wanting in the Yorubas of northern Nigeria, lest I forget Yorubas aren't the only tribe suffering from this rough arrangement.
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by zombieHUNTER: 9:37am On Jun 23, 2017
Good one op... Tell the we the ss crew...

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 9:40am On Jun 23, 2017
mandarin:
I think the Yoruba people are less concerned about the Niger Delta save their desire for their kinsmen in Edo(largely Akoko Edo, Owan , Etsako and the Itsekiri from Delta)
I feel the Yoruba are focusing more on that than the oil in the Niger Delta.

Proudly Akoko

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 9:40am On Jun 23, 2017
Ereolamide:

Does it matter, whether they are placed in north due to the skewed geographical zoning/manipulation of Nigeria,

what should matter is their affiliation to culture and tradition which are not found wanting in the Yorubas of northern Nigeria, lest I forget Yorubas aren't the only tribe suffering from this rough arrangement.

Then since where they are placed doesn't matter let go of ondo and Ogun to south east or niger delta after all it doesn't matter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Ereolamide: 9:41am On Jun 23, 2017
Nbote:

Take ur tym and go thru every IPOB/Biafra/Niger Delta related thread, bulk of d commenting and spewing tribal slurs are yorubas. They seem to b even helping spread d IPOB/Biafra story by creating threads every now and den in d name of insulting Igbos/bifrauds or wateva other names dey have baptised dem with.. They seem to care more about it than u know
Both parties are guilty in that regard, those comments you see are just way to ridicule the Igbo struggle just the same Igbos indulge in the same.

It's not what you should sweat yourself about, people are naturally passionate about their tribes, both parties should just tone down the vitrols, because you're sowing hatred you most likely will regret when it bears fruit.
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by sorry1(m): 9:45am On Jun 23, 2017
I don't know why we Yoruba always meddle with igbos whenever they are talking about biafra. Igbos have never claimed any of the Yoruba lands since they started agitating for biafra, why are we always disturbing them when they talk about biafra? Why are we jealous that Delta, some parts of edo, rivers,akwa ibom, cross river bayelsa are all part of biafra? Why are we always trying to fight for the so called nigerdeltans? Don't nigerdelta people have the mouth to fight for themselves?

Oh, Yoruba, ilorin is fast turning to northern state yet we don't care but at every slightest mention of biafra we will start rationing biafra for the biafrans even when it's not our business. Do we love igbos so much to always wanna meddle in their affairs? are we afraid that we won't be able to prosper when they finally get biafra, Yoruba we need to believe in ourselves and start thinking of our problems and stop helping biafrans think of their own. We claim sophistication but were dont act like it. we help our neighbors decide their home but our home has not been decided!!!

We need to start reasoning as true yorubas and not as Yoruba Muslims. @op Thank You for redircting our lost cause.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Ereolamide: 9:46am On Jun 23, 2017
Markfemi2:

Then since where they are placed doesn't matter let go of ondo and Ogun to south east or niger delta after all it doesn't matter
Quit blabbing like a child.

What have you done about those in Benin republic and Togo, when the time comes those in the north central zone know where they belong, if you're not convinced go through the 2014 confab reports.
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 9:47am On Jun 23, 2017
sorry1:
I don't know why we Yoruba always meddle with igbos whenever they are talking about biafra. Igbos have never claimed any of the Yoruba lands since they started agitating for biafra, why are we always disturbing them when they talk about biafra? Why are we jealous that Delta, some parts of edo, rivers,akwa ibom, cross river bayelsa are all part of biafra? Why are we always trying to fight for the so called nigerdeltans? Don't nigerdelta people have the mouth to fight for themselves?

Oh, Yoruba, ilorin is fast turning to northern state yet we don't care but at every slightest mention of biafra we will start rationing biafra for the biafrans even when it's not our business. Do we love igbos so much to always wanna meddle in their affairs? are we afraid that we won't be able to prosper when they finally get biafra, Yoruba we need to believe in ourselves and start thinking of our problems and stop helping biafrans think of their own. We claim sophistication but were font act like it. we help our neighbors decide their home but our home has not been decided!!!

We need to start reasoning as true yorubas and not as Yoruba Muslims.

Igbo Jews should stop with Ipob don't turn the thread to igbo vs Yoruba

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 9:49am On Jun 23, 2017
Ereolamide:

What have you done about those in Benin republic and Togo, when the time comes those in the north central zone know where they belong, if you're not convinced go through the 2014 confab reports.

The French colonised those ones
Of the 30 towns in Kwara only one was lost and Yorubas should agitate to have it back
Pre independence Kwara was under western control
In order to to give North more seats and punish west British allocated more towns from old oyo to form Kwara ekiti to form Kogi

Know your history
All Yorubas should be in one enclave
And awolowo fought to put them back in western region
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by zombieHUNTER: 9:52am On Jun 23, 2017
Ereolamide:

it does matter where they are placed... These was done by politicians and for political reasons..divide and conquer.. The north have only the NE and NW without NN... But the south has SE SW SS... Should middlebelt really be the NC?... Kwara benue? Like seriously

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 9:53am On Jun 23, 2017
Ereolamide:

http://kogireports.com/kwara-kogi-yoruba-want-to-be-grouped-with-south-west/
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by sorry1(m): 9:53am On Jun 23, 2017
Markfemi2:

Igbo Jews should stop with Ipob don't turn the thread to igbo vs Yoruba
I'm not turning it into anything man, I'm just commending you. kudos.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 9:59am On Jun 23, 2017
zombieHUNTER:
it does matter where they are placed... These was done by politicians and for political reasons..divide and conquer.. The north have only the NE and NW without NN... But the south has SE SW SS... Should middlebelt really be the NC?... Kwara benue? Like seriously

I'm so pissed up he's making such a statement it doesn't matter where they are placed

Yorubas have 24 senators in Nigeria but work with only 18
18- south west
3-Kwara
1-Kogi west
1-edo

How can Kwara and Kogi be attending arewa meeting because of ilorin ??
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Ereolamide: 10:01am On Jun 23, 2017
sorry1:

Oh, Yoruba, ilorin is fast turning to northern state yet we don't care but at every slightest mention of biafra we will start rationing biafra for the biafrans even when it's not our business. Do we love igbos so much to always wanna meddle in their affairs? are we afraid that we won't be able to prosper when they finally get biafra, Yoruba we need to believe in ourselves and start thinking of our problems and stop helping biafrans think of their own. We claim sophistication but were dont act like it. we help our neighbors decide their home but our home has not been decided!!!

We need to start reasoning as true yorubas and not as Yoruba Muslims. @op Thank You for redircting our lost cause.
Going through your post, I believe you're one of those impersonating Yorubas on those Biafra threads.
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Ereolamide: 10:02am On Jun 23, 2017
Markfemi2:

http://kogireports.com/kwara-kogi-yoruba-want-to-be-grouped-with-south-west/
Ain't we saying the same thing, you lack comprehension skills
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by sorry1(m): 10:03am On Jun 23, 2017
Ereolamide:

Going through your post, I believe you're one impersonating Yorubas on those Biafra threads.
focus on the message and forget the personality behind it.
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Ereolamide: 10:03am On Jun 23, 2017
Markfemi2:

The French colonised those ones
Of the 30 towns in Kwara only one was lost and Yorubas should agitate to have it back
Pre independence Kwara was under western control
In order to to give North more seats and punish west British allocated more towns from old oyo to form Kwara ekiti to form Kogi

Know your history
All Yorubas should be in one enclave
And awolowo fought to put them back in western region
Will you keep quiet, what will your wailing on nairaland result to, unless there is restructuring which afenifere and other socio political groups in the country are clamouring for is implemented, your rants will only echo through the virtual walls of nairaland.

The Yoruba of kwara and kogi never for once denied their Yorubaness, most of Yoruba movie stars, lawyers, doctors are from Kwara, so stop bleating about a non-issue.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 10:05am On Jun 23, 2017
Ereolamide:

Ain't we saying the same thing, you lack comprehension skills

I'm not insulting you point is stop being defeatist and accepting illegal allocation of our territory how van you say it doesn't matter Yorubas could have had 7 states - 21 senators and counter the balance between north and south that way 18-18 states also counter north west dominance by having 21 senators too

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Eastfield1: 10:06am On Jun 23, 2017
are you no longer from Niger Delta?!?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 10:06am On Jun 23, 2017
Ereolamide:

Will you keep quiet, what will your wailing on nairaland result to, unless there is restructuring which afenifere and other socio political groups in the country are clamouring for is implemented, your rants will only echo through the virtual walls of nairaland.

The Yoruba are kwara and kogi never for once denied their Yorubaness, most of Yoruba movie stars, lawyers, doctors are from Kwara, so stop bleating about a non-issue.

I'm not saying they are not Yorubas
My point is they don't belong to arewa !
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 10:07am On Jun 23, 2017
Eastfield1:
are you no longer from Niger Delta?!?
But Yoruba
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Ereolamide: 10:10am On Jun 23, 2017
Markfemi2:

I'm not insulting you point is stop being defeatist and accepting illegal allocation of our territory how van you say it doesn't matter Yorubas could have had 7 states - 21 senators and counter the balance between north and south that way 18-18 states also counter north west dominance by having 21 senators too
What defeatist nonsense are you yapping about, I trust your shouts on nairaland will correct the flaws, Good luck.

Lest I forget, so your advice is for Yoruba to stop meddling in Niger Delta affairs, which Yorubas don't do actually, I'm starting to doubt you're Yoruba at all.
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 10:11am On Jun 23, 2017
Ereolamide:

What defeatist nonsense are you yapping about, I trust your shouts on nairaland will correct the flaws, Good luck.

Lest I forget, so your advice is for Yoruba to stop meddling in Niger Delta affairs, which Yorubas don't do actually, I'm starting to doubt you're Yoruba at all.

Because I'm asking for equity i must be fake?
Re: Yorubas Let's Hand Off Niger Delta Issue And Focus On Us by Markfemi2: 10:12am On Jun 23, 2017
Ereolamide:

So you know it's a flaw but you quoted it doesn't matter ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Capital Is Guarded By 1964 Era Air Defense Systems. / Atiku To Shame Opposition Set To Travel To America. / Let Us Remind Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.