Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Mask Hunter - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mask Hunter (141777 Views)

Awaken: Divine Hunter / Behind The Mask - A Short Story / The Hunter - A Techno thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 3:33pm On Jul 08, 2017
Lolz sorry guys will post now... I have been busy with laundry and cleaning..... Saturday things.... I have typed just wana proofread it before posting... Make the hawks no pick out my petty mistakes.....
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
Shalomdee, Deji124, wizsolzy, xaviercasmir, Benteazaa, EvaJael, donkelz, Ibunkun1, XCELsis, Toyin223, Samesquare, Tuhndhay, patriciakase, wildchild1, Rapoo, queenitee, RoyaleR, Cyberrex, germaphobe, Matrycx, Emperor380, Ashegun2, kimkardashain, darkcrip, spixytinxy, ouzo1, supizino, jagugu88li, bummybummy, Yemike, Akinwale14, Mrmezico...... Oya come o....

Specially dedicated to supizino.........

Chapter 19 cont'd

__________________________----_-___________________

That night was a wonderful one for the young beggar. he just had his first kiss, not on his forehead neither was it on his cheek, it was on him lips with the girl he loved most, maybe not as much as he loved his mother.He recalled what had happened between them, what she had said "Do you have a boyfriend? “ ;" will you be my boyfriend? ";" now we are officially dating ". Jason smiled to himself as he trodden the dusty road that led to his nest, an abandoned Volkswagen jetta bus at the corner of a street..The bus was set ablaze by an angry mob seven years back. The driver of the bus had hit a pregnant woman on the highway and didn't pull over. He resorted into running.. Unfortunately for him, Men women, children, old, cyclists, drivers and even dogs went after him. The woman he had knocked down and condemned to death was a wife to a local chairman of that vicinity, who was loved by every soul that dwelled in the community..

The driver who was on the run had accelerated on a high speed, he Maneuvered into a street hoping to lose their angry hunters who were after him. The ill-fated man, unknowingly to him, had progressed into a closed street. The idiot couldn't get forward for there wasn't any visible path, nor could he overturn. The unfortunate man, fearing the consequences of the hit and run he had committed locked himself in the bus. Ofcourse he was right for the mob would have beaten him back and blue but little did he know that he had thrown himself into the fire from the fry pan, he had triggered the beast in human beings..

Soon, some men had burst open the fuel tank of the jetta bus, exposing the fuel and allowing the flammable gasoline to flow through, they had set the bus on fire while he was locked inside. He had screamed like a trapped beast, yelling and hitting the door to be let out.. He tried opening the door but the mob had hooked it from the outside.. While he was in pain, roaring like a shot lion, the mob were enjoying the scene... Soon the smell of roasted human meat had circulated the area, it gave an offensive odor as it was a mixture of meat, hair, rubber, Tyre and foam... In the end, not the corpse was recovered,a tooth for tooth , he was completely burned to ashes...

Now, the relics of the burned vehicle had served as Jason's abode for the years, thanks to the lynched-cremated driver. Although, the vehicle had no windows, doors, chairs, or windscreen, it served its purpose to Jason. It had harbored him during summer and winter, he would coil like a serpent in it, while being importuned by endless torments of cold and mosquitoes ; be it anopheles, alphes, elephant or even Tiger mosquitoes as the case may be. It was still better than the forest from which he had come....

Jason, while carrying his box of money he had been saving underneath the agbada cloak he had always worn, dawdled towards the vehicle he called his house. Jason and he box were like five a d six, wherever he went, the box followed.it had to be so for it was practically the remedy to his sight...Jason tapped along with a long stick that had been his companion for years, he knew the area well, so he had no problem going to work and returning to his abode, he's a sarcastically a business man...

Jason had no appetite that night, he had lost it for he was satisfied with what he had had earlier, so he decided to eat the food he had been given by Aliya the next morning, stale or not, it didn't count for his tongue had lost Its sense of taste. whatever Jason saw, he ate, vapid or fresh..
Jason had a wonderful night. For the first time in years, the voices that screamed "kill them all!" ceased. He slept like a baby. Love was indeed beautiful. The next day, Jason woke up feeling braced, he couldn't wait to see Aliya again, perhaps finished the contrived business she had initiated. The day was very slow to him, it took forever for the sun to set, for the night to fall but when it eventually did, Aliya wasn't present. Although he was dejected, he hoped she was alright...

Five days, ten days, three weeks, one month, two months had gone, yet no sign of his beloved Aliya. Now his solitude had returned, like her mother did to him, Aliya had gone too but this time the holes she left was deeper and more excruciating.. At least his mother had earlier told him that the dove would one day fly and wouldn't return, but then Aliya never gave him that warning. She had left just like nothing happened..
He wondered why everyone he loved ended up deserting him, his father whom he hardly recognized his beloved mother, his baby brother and now his potential cherished girlfriend, perhaps he had been destiny to live his life in solitude..
That night, Jason was tossing and turning in constant restlessness after cutting short the stretching of tortuous hours dedicated to the thought of Aliya, he could not escape her image in his head no matter how hard he tried. Jason had a dream.

He was in a place located in the heart of the forest, painted in the richest of shades of green and decorated wit bewitching colors, including tones of sunny yellow, warm green, vibrant red and enhancing violet with occasional timid pink.. In the dream, Jason had her slept in his arms, he was surprisingly clean and handsome.. He appeared to be a rich young man. Aliya lied beside him, her blandish fragrance capable of soothing the troubled souls. His eyes closed lying there in comfortable silence, her presence added wild impredictability that could only be associated with her..

His princess, who was a soothing balm to his soul, the muse to his poetry, the artist to his unfinished canvas was there with him. His eyes remained closed.

"This is a dream" his whisper came like a splash of ice cold water.

"Then it's a good dream" Aliya whispered back in that tiny voice of hers, slaying the remaining resistance he had manage to collect plunging female fingers into his silky hair, a thumb fondled the side of his face with disarming accuracy. His heart lost its steadiness to the stirring of unfamiliar sensation consuming his mind, weakened by the scorching fire of her beauty..

A single tear dropped from Jason's eye.

"why do you cry, my love?" Aliya asked.

"Because this is a dream, you are not real, you are a product of my heart's single desire. But I cannot have you, you are not mind " a gut wrenching sob followed..

" shhhhh, I'm all yours Jason, remember we are officially dating " she said.

" But you left me, I'm so lonely without you, please come back "

Her searching hands sought to sooth the raging Sea of water from his eyes which can form ocean that cannot be sailed.

She replied" Then find me, fight your way to reach me, locate me, " dipping her head, his lips captured hers in a soft temptation.

When Jason opened his eyes, they were filled with tears, he had been dreaming of her. Indeed he had really missed Aliya........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
Please do enjoy.... I hope you Saturdays are moving as planned.... But this rain ehn....queenitee, kimkardashain, Shalomdee, Benteazaa, Toyin223 make Una find me a gf o
Re: Mask Hunter by queenitee(f): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Please do enjoy.... I hope you Saturdays are moving as planned.... But this rain ehn....queenitee, kimkardashain, Shalomdee, Benteazaa, Toyin223 make Una find me a gf o
Don't worry, we would find you one
Re: Mask Hunter by queenitee(f): 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
Jason, let's find her together
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2017
Am Going To Fine Her For U Jason
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2017
AyarmBoye:
I Will Be Ur Gf But Come Nd See My Husband First
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
Toyin223:
I Will Be Ur Gf But Come Nd See My Husband First
Lolz..... Which kind parole be that... I'm practically being led to the lion den..... Jhoorh mio fe
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2017
Toyin223:
Am Going To Fine Her For U Jason
Keep searching o...... Lolz.
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Lolz..... Which kind parole be that... I'm practically being led to the lion den..... Jhoorh mio fe
U Ar From Which State PLS Maybe My Sister Will Be Fine For U
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
queenitee:
Jason, let's find her together
u guys should form a search party then, perhaps you can find her sooner than I
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2017
Toyin223:
U Ar From Which State PLS Maybe My Sister Will Be Fine For U
Lagos lawa..... Lagos decent... Omo Eko ile
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Lagos lawa..... Lagos decent... Omo Eko ile
WE Ar From Osun Bt She Live In Adamawa
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
Toyin223:
WE Ar From Osun Bt She Live In Adamawa
Lolz..... Distance love..... Mayb i should write on that topic "distance love..".....
Re: Mask Hunter by supizino(m): 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
hehehe dancing shoki a whole update 4 me eminikan tan ayarmboye thank u o more ink 2 ur pen
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 4:16pm On Jul 08, 2017
Guys how has my romance sequence been so far... Do you think I have the potential to write on "Distance Love."??!!!
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Lolz..... Distance love..... Mayb i should write on that topic "distance love..".....
Dat Will Be Sweet
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
supizino:
hehehe dancing shoki a whole update 4 me eminikan tan ayarmboye thank u o more ink 2 ur pen
Lolz.... You are welcome... Hope u enjoyed the piece
Re: Mask Hunter by Toyin223(f): 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Guys how has my romance sequence been so far... Do you think I have the potential to write on "Distance Love."??!!!
SweetHeart Writer About Us
Re: Mask Hunter by Yemike(m): 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
AyarmBoye:
It'll be perfectly fine but you're yet to show your romantic prowess fully. Kindly finish this before writing another because one of the two may lack update and in most cases the first writeup suffers.

Don't mind my selfishness do as you wish baba grin
Re: Mask Hunter by Emperor380(m): 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Shalomdee, Deji124, wizsolzy, xaviercasmir, Benteazaa, EvaJael, donkelz, Ibunkun1, XCELsis, Toyin223, Samesquare, Tuhndhay, patriciakase, wildchild1, Rapoo, queenitee, RoyaleR, Cyberrex, germaphobe, Matrycx, Emperor380, Ashegun2, kimkardashain, darkcrip, spixytinxy, ouzo1, supizino, jagugu88li, bummybummy, Yemike, Akinwale14, Mrmezico...... Oya come o....

Specially dedicated to supizino.........

Chapter 19 cont'd

__________________________----_-___________________

That night was a wonderful one for the young beggar. he just had his first kiss, not on his forehead neither was it on his cheek, it was on him lips with the girl he loved most, maybe not as much as he loved his mother.He recalled what had happened between them, what she had said "Do you have a boyfriend? “ ;" will you be my boyfriend? ";" now we are officially dating ". Jason smiled to himself as he trodden the dusty road that led to his nest, an abandoned Volkswagen jetta bus at the corner of a street..The bus was set ablaze by an angry mob seven years back. The driver of the bus had hit a pregnant woman on the highway and didn't pull over. He resorted into running.. Unfortunately for him, Men women, children, old, cyclists, drivers and even dogs went after him. The woman he had knocked down and condemned to death was a wife to a local chairman of that vicinity, who was loved by every soul that dwelled in the community..

The driver who was on the run had accelerated on a high speed, he Maneuvered into a street hoping to lose their angry hunters who were after him. The ill-fated man, unknowingly to him, had progressed into a closed street. The idiot couldn't get forward for there wasn't any visible path, nor could he overturn. The unfortunate man, fearing the consequences of the hit and run he had committed locked himself in the bus. Ofcourse he was right for the mob would have beaten him back and blue but little did he know that he had thrown himself into the fire from the fry pan, he had triggered the beast in human beings..

Soon, some men had burst open the fuel tank of the jetta bus, exposing the fuel and allowing the flammable gasoline to flow through, they had set the bus on fire while he was locked inside. He had screamed like a trapped beast, yelling and hitting the door to be let out.. He tried opening the door but the mob had hooked it from the outside.. While he was in pain, roaring like a shot lion, the mob were enjoying the scene... Soon the smell of roasted human meat had circulated the area, it gave an offensive odor as it was a mixture of meat, hair, rubber, Tyre and foam... In the end, not the corpse was recovered,a tooth for tooth , he was completely burned to ashes...

Now, the relics of the burned vehicle had served as Jason's abode for the years, thanks to the lynched-cremated driver. Although, the vehicle had no windows, doors, chairs, or windscreen, it served its purpose to Jason. It had harbored him during summer and winter, he would coil like a serpent in it, while being importuned by endless torments of cold and mosquitoes ; be it anopheles, alphes, elephant or even Tiger mosquitoes as the case may be. It was still better than the forest from which he had come....

Jason, while carrying his box of money he had been saving underneath the agbada cloak he had always worn, dawdled towards the vehicle he called his house. Jason and he box were like five a d six, wherever he went, the box followed.it had to be so for it was practically the remedy to his sight...Jason tapped along with a long stick that had been his companion for years, he knew the area well, so he had no problem going to work and returning to his abode, he's a sarcastically a business man...

Jason had no appetite that night, he had lost it for he was satisfied with what he had had earlier, so he decided to eat the food he had been given by Aliya the next morning, stale or not, it didn't count for his tongue had lost Its sense of taste. whatever Jason saw, he ate, vapid or fresh..
Jason had a wonderful night. For the first time in years, the voices that screamed "kill them all!" ceased. He slept like a baby. Love was indeed beautiful. The next day, Jason woke up feeling braced, he couldn't wait to see Aliya again, perhaps finished the contrived business she had initiated. The day was very slow to him, it took forever for the sun to set, for the night to fall but when it eventually did, Aliya wasn't present. Although he was dejected, he hoped she was alright...

Five days, ten days, three weeks, one month, two months had gone, yet no sign of his beloved Aliya. Now his solitude had returned, like her mother did to him, Aliya had gone too but this time the holes she left was deeper and more excruciating.. At least his mother had earlier told him that the dove would one day fly and wouldn't return, but then Aliya never gave him that warning. She had left just like nothing happened..
He wondered why everyone he loved ended up deserting him, his father whom he hardly recognized his beloved mother, his baby brother and now his potential cherished girlfriend, perhaps he had been destiny to live his life in solitude..
That night, Jason was tossing and turning in constant restlessness after cutting short the stretching of tortuous hours dedicated to the thought of Aliya, he could not escape her image in his head no matter how hard he tried. Jason had a dream.

He was in a place located in the heart of the forest, painted in the richest of shades of green and decorated wit bewitching colors, including tones of sunny yellow, warm green, vibrant red and enhancing violet with occasional timid pink.. In the dream, Jason had her slept in his arms, he was surprisingly clean and handsome.. He appeared to be a rich young man. Aliya lied beside him, her blandish fragrance capable of soothing the troubled souls. His eyes closed lying there in comfortable silence, her presence added wild impredictability that could only be associated with her..

His princess, who was a soothing balm to his soul, the muse to his poetry, the artist to his unfinished canvas was there with him. His eyes remained closed.

"This is a dream" his whisper came like a splash of ice cold water.

"Then it's a good dream" Aliya whispered back in that tiny voice of hers, slaying the remaining resistance he had manage to collect plunging female fingers into his silky hair, a thumb fondled the side of his face with disarming accuracy. His heart lost its steadiness to the stirring of unfamiliar sensation consuming his mind, weakened by the scorching fire of her beauty..

A single tear dropped from Jason's eye.

"why do you cry, my love?" Aliya asked.

"Because this is a dream, you are not real, you are a product of my heart's single desire. But I cannot have you, you are not mind " a gut wrenching sob followed..

" shhhhh, I'm all yours Jason, remember we are officially dating " she said.

" But you left me, I'm so lonely without you, please come back "

Her searching hands sought to sooth the raging Sea of water from his eyes which can form ocean that cannot be sailed.

She replied" Then find me, fight your way to reach me, locate me, " dipping her head, his lips captured hers in a soft temptation.

When Jason opened his eyes, they were filled with tears, he had been dreaming of her. Indeed he had really missed Aliya........

Thanks for the mention... Aliya has to return to Jason oo.The helpless lad is in love and needs company
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
Yemike:
It'll be perfectly fine but you're yet to show your romantic prowess fully. Kindly finish this before writing another because one of the two may lack update and in most cases the first writeup suffers.

Don't mind my selfishness do as you wish baba grin
Smiles Yea... U are right.....i will soon unleash my romance prowess soon.. The phase of romance never reach... But we shall certainly get their, den u can judge again.... Smiles
Re: Mask Hunter by Emperor380(m): 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
Nice one dude, seriously u are good can't wait fr more.

pls Jason has suffered enough, let Aliya show up na
Re: Mask Hunter by Yemike(m): 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Smiles Yea... U are right.....i will soon unleash my romance prowess soon.. The phase of romance never reach... But we shall certainly get their, den u can judge again.... Smiles
Oya.........gbayi grin
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2017
Emperor380:
Nice one dude, seriously u are good can't wait fr more.

pls Jason has suffered enough, let Aliya show up na
thanks Bro....... You r too.... Hmmm suffered enough? Goan read Oliver Twist
Re: Mask Hunter by queenitee(f): 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
AyarmBoye:
u guys should form a search party then, perhaps you can find her sooner than I
We would do just that
Re: Mask Hunter by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2017
My favorite chapter so far.........Find her Jason
Re: Mask Hunter by supizino(m): 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Lolz.... You are welcome... Hope u enjoyed the piece
yez i do ma nigga more update plz
Re: Mask Hunter by Benteazaa(m): 6:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
[quote author=AyarmBoye post=58253373]Please do enjoy.... I hope you Saturdays are moving as planned.... But this rain ehn....queenitee, kimkardashain, Shalomdee, Benteazaa, Toyin223 make Una find me a gf o

Dont involve me o in your search for gf
you will kill ur self by yourself
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2017
[quote author=Benteazaa post=58258332][/quote]Choi see shut up that u gave me...... I no wan gf again
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2017
supizino:
yez i do ma nigga more update plz
soon bro
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
jagugu88li:
My favorite chapter so far.........Find her Jason
really..... Hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (39) (Reply)

Birthmark / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss / Almost Paradise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.