Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Mask Hunter - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mask Hunter (142299 Views)

Awaken: Divine Hunter / Behind The Mask - A Short Story / The Hunter - A Techno thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mask Hunter by jey4all(m): 8:28am On Jul 12, 2017
Best story ever. Please update more often
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 8:36am On Jul 12, 2017
jey4all:
Best story ever. Please update more often
Hian........ That Z sarcastic exaggeration nah..... But I will take that as a complement
Re: Mask Hunter by Silensa(m): 9:18am On Jul 12, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Hian........ That Z sarcastic exaggeration nah..... But I will take that as a complement

AyarmBoye this isnt ssarcastic at all but a story that will take the world of litrearue by storm. You. Imagination is too good to be true. Well done Sir
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 10:51am On Jul 12, 2017
Silensa:

AyarmBoye this isnt ssarcastic at all but a story that will take the world of litrearue by storm. You. Imagination is too good to be true. Well done Sir
Hmmmmm...... I'm honored ma'am
Re: Mask Hunter by Nmaglit: 10:57am On Jul 12, 2017
nice work dear
Re: Mask Hunter by oluwafemi1993: 11:08am On Jul 12, 2017
I just hope Jason will not be left with a choice to choose between Aliya and Emmanuela sexton ooo

1 Like

Re: Mask Hunter by queenitee(f): 12:09pm On Jul 12, 2017
oluwafemi1993:
I just hope Jason will not be left with a choice to choose between Aliya and Emmanuela sexton ooo

That's exactly what would happen
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2017
queenitee:
That's exactly what would happen
how sure are you...... Im the writer o
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
oluwafemi1993:

Hmmmmmmm...... Somebody has seen the future
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nmaglit:
nice work dear
thanks, I hope I havnt wasted ur time and Meg for nothing
Re: Mask Hunter by XCELsis(f): 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2017
Still waiting for updatesooo

I'm running out of patience
Re: Mask Hunter by Nmaglit: 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
AyarmBoye:
thanks, I hope I havnt wasted ur time and Meg for nothing

no u haven't, is worth it
Re: Mask Hunter by queenitee(f): 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2017
AyarmBoye:
how sure are you...... Im the writer o
Sorry Sir, is guess I guessed sir
Re: Mask Hunter by Akinwale14(m): 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
AyarmBoye Nice story bro.,,keep it up and pls continue don't keep me waiting
Re: Mask Hunter by EvaJael(f): 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
I'm sorry Ayarmboye for being absent. I'm back sha,more grace to u
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2017
XCELsis:
Still waiting for updatesooo

I'm running out of patience
don't mind my lazy self... I'm cooking it up already

1 Like

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nmaglit:

no u haven't, is worth it
I'm glad
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2017
queenitee:
Sorry Sir, is guess I guessed sir
Berra in Jennifer's voice..... Smiles
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
Akinwale14:
AyarmBoye Nice story bro.,,keep it up and pls continue don't keep me waiting
I won't trust me.... I'm cooking it already
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2017
EvaJael:
I'm sorry Ayarmboye for being absent. I'm back sha,more grace to u
Welcome back dear. I missed u
Re: Mask Hunter by supizino(m): 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
all these miss u wont take u anywhere unless u update sharpaly shotigbo ayarmboye
Re: Mask Hunter by EvaJael(f): 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Welcome back dear. I missed u
Missed you too and Jason. My health got worse when I read the episodes I missed
Re: Mask Hunter by Slowly: 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
no updates just chit chat no updates just chit chat
Re: Mask Hunter by Akinwale14(m): 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
AyarmBoye:
I won't trust me.... I'm cooking it already
Lolzz ok I'm waiting
Re: Mask Hunter by Silensa(m): 8:42am On Jul 13, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Hmmmmm...... I'm honored ma'am

Sorry but i am a man. sir What happened was during creation I begged God to make me a lady but he insisted that I must be a man irrespective of my opinion. So here i am

ride on but why is Jason a baggage of misfortune itself?
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
Shalomdee, Deji124, wizsolzy, xaviercasmir, Benteazaa, Toyin223, Samesquare, EvaJael, donkelz, Ibunkun1, XCELsis,Tuhndhay, patriciakase, wildchild1, Rapoo, queenitee, RoyaleR, Cyberrex, germaphobe, Matrycx, Emperor380, Ashegun2, kimkardashain, darkcrip, supizino, jagugu88li, bummybummy, Yemike, Akinwale14, Mrmezico, jey4all, Silensa, oluwafemi1993, Nmaglit, Slowly..

Chapter 20

Jason slowly opened his eyes to behold a strange environment, all he could see were blur visions. He remembered seeing the blemish vision of Mr sextone, the unfortunate driver. Although, the didn't see him clearly, his cry of her had affirmed his discovery, he was completely certain that it was him.
He was in neat room and the first thing that caught his eyes was a poster on the wall ; it was picture of a skeletal system, though his vision was unclear he couldn't see the label of each part, he could still see the emaciated frame of the skeleton. The drawing was a perfect copy of himself, if the portrait was to be replaced by him, he would have fitted perfectly, maybe better...
Jason was amazed, he wondered if he had regained his sight. How incredible it was for him to have survived the Hara-kiri and now have his sight back. But then, he was wrong for his vision went blank again. Jason closed his eyes, he knew seeing again easily was close to impossible but there was hope, hope of seeing again after surgery..

Again, he opened his eyes ;he caught another blur vision on a balanced diet, the image briefly cause a rumble in his stomach as he swallowed his stinky saliva. He saw, though not clearly, the image of numerous food and fruits which contained the six classes of food, protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, fat and oil, mineral and water but the water was his least interest.. He scoured round the; four walls of the room ;the walls were painted white but looked like peach to him, there was absolute tranquility, beside his bed was a small desk on which syringes and drugs are placed. The smell of the room depicted hospital. No one needed to tell him that he was in one.

As he wanted to rise, which was almost impossible, a doctor rushed towards him trying to hinder him from standing. The doctor was clad in a white overall that drapped from his neck to his knees, little above the femur, unveiling an expensive suit he wore. In his hand was record containing every detail of the boy's health. Beside him was a nurse who must be in her early thirties......
The doctor looked at the boy with great sympathy, his entire body text was imbued with the sense of melancholy and hopelessness. His eyes were filled with tears but he held them strongly because the apex case he had seen since he started practicing was death, he couldn't imagine that there was something more cruel than death, perhaps the boy's condition was the worst he would ever see.

The nurse, who was alson a nursing mother was crying already as salty tears rolled freely to her mouth. She quickly dabbed her face. The boy was completely pathetic..

"you are finally awake, survivor!" the doctor gleamed.

" Where am I?" Jason asked.

"you have been unconscious for three weeks"

"where am I?" he reiterated realizing the voice wasn't whose he wanted to hear, Mr sextone's.

"you were brought here three weeks ago by a man. You were bloody and completely unconscious, in fact we thought you were already dead. You are lucky to be alive"

"where is he, where is Mr sextone?" he asked feeling tensed for he thought Mr sextone had left him without knowing who he was.

"well, I wonder how you know his name but that is by the way, he has ordered me to contact him as soon as you regain your mind. I shall do that ASAP "

Jason's sighed satisfactorily, he knew as long as he saw Mr sextone, his world would change...

" How many fingers are these? " the doctor cut into his thought while tottering his fingers. Jason looked up at the fingers but they were blur and countless.

"I can't see clearly, but I see more than twenty fingers" the nurse who hadn't said a word burst into tears again instead of laughter, it seemed to her that his conditions had no end.

"well, in the course of our series of tests ;we realized that you have temporary blindness. if you re operated soon, There's 95% sure that you wil regain them" the doctor assured him patting his arms as he continued "son, I can't wait to hear your story" he concluded as he left him in the nurse's care.

Jason smiled to himself as he thought "story!, if doctors are really as busy as bees, you won't stay to her a quarter of my story"

"I'm hungry" Jason said in a low tone hoping not to be shunned as he had always been.

"yes, you must be" the nurse said "you have been without food for three weeks, I shall be back in a jiffy" she left and returned shortly with a plate of steaming "Amala" and vegetable soup, beside it was a bowk of water to wash his hand and a bottled water.

The boy attacked the food immediately, the aroma alone made him temporarily forget his pains as he sat up and tore the food apart. He ate like a hungry animal, he didn't wash his filthy hands, to hell with personal hygiene, he couldn't see the bowl anyways. Jason couldn't recall the last time he ate something like that in his life. He had barely swallowed a morsel before he picked another. The nurse watched in sympathy as the hungry boy devoured the meal. The food was choking him but he didn't care, as long as he was not being strangled by wicked hands,..

After he had finished the meal, not leaving a crumb of remnant,he drank the whole bottled water and expelled a loud gas from his stomach through the mouth. Table manners be damned, to hell with etiquette. Jason gave a long sigh of satisfaction as he fell back in his bed and slept off.

The nurse washed his hands, cleared the dishes and left in amazement........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
Silensa:

Sorry but i am a man. sir What happened was during creation I begged God to make me a lady but he insisted that I must be a man irrespective of my opinion. So here i am

ride on but why is Jason a baggage of misfortune itself?
Lolz.. U got me laughing there
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
Akinwale14:
Lolzz ok I'm waiting
wait no more for it had landed
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
Slowly:
no updates just chit chat no updates just chit chat
sorry for keeping u waiting
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
EvaJael:

Missed you too and Jason. My health got worse when I read the episodes I missed
Eyah sorry ma'am... I hope you are strong already?
Re: Mask Hunter by bummybummy(f): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
with the help of Mr. Sexton, u wil av ur life bck but hop he won't turn to wild animal
Re: Mask Hunter by AyarmBoye(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
supizino:
all these miss u wont take u anywhere unless u update sharpaly shotigbo ayarmboye
Lolz..... Bobo I Sha don update nah

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (39) (Reply)

Birthmark / In Love With Her Pastor-episode 1 By Angelsss / Almost Paradise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.