Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB (4579 Views)

2019 Election Will Hold After 6 Days. I See Postponement / ANAMBRA2017: APGA Holding Parallel Congresses, Faction Expells Obiano / ANAMBRA2017: Dr Ifeanyi Ubah Joins Gubernatorial Race With PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by villagecraft: 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
To those who don't see the idiocy in the call for boycott of elections in the South-East let me break it down in crayon terms...

1. Elections don't hold
2. Obiano's tenure expire
3. The FG appoints a sole administrator
4. He has military backing and he has unfettered access to destroying the only state that works in Igbo Land
5. They use Anambra as a launching pad to decimate the entire Southeast

Or....

1. Elections hold eventually for the few that reject the boycott
2. Results are declared based on the few that voted
3. The elected persons will obviously not be people amenable to the Biafran Struggle
4. They still govern the entirety of Anambra vote or not.
5. Such a person will be 'grateful' to the FG for granting him such high honours

On the call itself, reversing it now will show entire IPOB as being weak, flippant and unstrategic. Continuing will bring about option A or B above.

For those who fail to understand, we still live in Nigeria and are governed by Nigerian Laws. It is still an offense to deny people their constitutional rights, in this case, disenfranchisement.

This time Nnamdi Kanu may be legitimately jailed and no member of the international community will interfere. Universal Suffrage is a Universal Right pushed by almost all laws in the world. No government will support you for even half a second. Disenfranchisement is one way the struggle will instantly lose legitimacy.

READ FULL CONTENT....

http://www.naaija.com/2017/06/boycotting-anambra2017-facts-ipobbiafrans-should-consider/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
OAM4J

1 Like

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by YorubaMod(m): 6:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
See painment grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by Built2last: 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
Everybody is pontificating, postulating, permutating on this Biafra matter.

you forget that the world is watching carefully. Embassies are gathering Intel and reporting to their home countries. you can't have a sole administrator in Anambra for 4 years. Our law says 6 months subject to National assembly extension.

If IPOB doesn’t go violent a military administrator will only be looking.
The sit at home tool by IPOB is a knock off for security men. you can't force people seating indoors to come out so you can charge them or shoot.

If you ask me. There is no needed making this marriage compulsory.if Nigeria Divides today. Igbos will loose more and they said they want to go. kini big deal. give them referendum. seperati on by war or peace. Biafra will have neighbours

10 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by StOla: 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
I believe it will lead to the declaration of IPOB as a terrorist group that it is.

Even Osita Chidoka who was former Corps Marshal of FRSC and former Aviation Minister, has already been hobnobbing between different political parties to secure a ticket for the Anambra governorship election. He was the same man who drove the thug Director from prison after he fulfilled his bail requirements. So rather than advocate for Biafra, he is actively campaigning to contest the same elections that some terrorists want to prevent.

Nnamdi Kanu has no authority to demand for anything, declare any status or prevent any election, even if just a ward election, from holding without him constituting a nuisance to the peace and democratic stability of the SE and nation at large. He would only make himself become fair game for a wholesome visit of state terror.

Since the miscreant started his delusional campaign without any authority, the people with authority in the SE states or at the National Assembly have not declared any intention to pursue the demands of this miscreant.

Is it the duty of the SS or SW or NW or NC politicians to advocate for the secession of Biafra? Where are the SE politicians protesting or advocating for Biafra? There is none.

Even the ultimatum given by the Northern youths has met with a lot of resistance from the Igbos who are resident there, and who have said they have no business with Kanu who is only a kid that knows no experience of war or strife. They have disowned Biafra and left Kanu to carry his cross alone. Those who hail him now would be the ones to eventually nail him to the cross.

15 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by Ogalanyachieze: 6:40pm On Jun 24, 2017
Let me deal with option A first
1 no election
2 constitutional crisis
3 govt house awka vacant. Speaker takes over(party apga) holds for until re-scheduled election hold
4 Cant appoint a sole admin cos its not a war zone as in no breach on security or threat to citizens life and props even if he manages to apply and get it done at national assembly, it will be the type that gej gave in 3 northern states still with apga caretaker intact
5 international community, human rights group, sans/lawyers senate, house of reps etc will cal for dialogue with kanu. And his simple demand will be : set a date for referendum. Kanu will have the advantage

18 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by rafindo(m): 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
Well KANU is a well known clown. If u truly believe in this man then be rest assured u are a goner.This man is only feeding on peoples emotions and distrust for the Nigeria society in order to achieve is parochial interest. I can bank that this man is interested in a position. Let him tell us what position and stop feeding fear to us.

3 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by deedeedee1: 6:45pm On Jun 24, 2017
StOla:
I believe it will lead to the declaration of IPOB as a terrorist group that it is.
How is ipob a terrorist group?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by StOla: 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
Built2last:
Everybody is pontificating, postulating, permutating on this Biafra matter.

you forget that the world is watching carefully. Embassies are gathering Intel and reporting to their home countries. you can't have a sole administrator in Anambra for 4 years. Our law says 6 months subject to National assembly extension.

If IPOB doesn’t go violent a military administrator will only be looking.
The sit at home tool by IPOB is a knock off for security men. you can't force people seating indoors to come out so you can charge them or shoot.

If you ask me. There is no needed making this marriage compulsory.if Nigeria Divides today. Igbos will loose more and they said they want to go. kini big deal. give them referendum. seperati on by war or peace. Biafra will have neighbours

But the Igbos in the North have said they don't want to go home to the so called Biafra. They claim they have not asked for any Biafra.

Which begs the question, have you seen or heard or read that any SE elected representative of the people state that they want Biafra?

Has any motion been raised that was voted down?

Let Kanu win the civil war within the Igbos and Igbo land first if he wants to usurp the political structure there. Then the rest of Nigeria would accept that he alone is the representative of the Biafrans, and his demands becomes the demands of those people.

The Arewa youths are insisting that Igbo should leave because your people are calling for Biafra Republic, what’s your reaction to this?

The question, is it all the Igbo that are calling for it? It’s a few young men who did not witness the war, that are calling for it. You see, it’s just like a child who wants to put his hands into the fire, the elder knows that if he puts his hands into the fire, it will burn him. So, the elders of the Igbo are not really supporting the IPOB, we identify with the problem. Just like I told you, the issues, what’s provoking the agitation? The agitation is their own reaction. Their way of reacting and that’s not what the elders of the Igbo want.

https://www.nairaland.com/3879834/arewa-youths-cant-force-us

The above tells you that many people are cowering under the terror that Kanu can unleash with his terrorists group.
They cannot afford to have a contrary view, so they rather keep quiet.
Even while on bail, the thug still has the audacity to address a message to such people. He called them lesser than animals.

If you have followed the opinion of many of such IPOB terrorists, you will already observe that they do not even care about the welfare or safety of the Igbos outside the SE. Infact, most of the hate campaign by Kanu and IPOB had been planned to use such Igbos as casualties of the anarchy and chaos they expected would occur outside the SE in response to the aggressive hate campaign against the North and SW.

As it stands, the only representatives the Nigerian state recognises from the SE are the duly elected political officers and elder statesmen who have held political authority in the past.
Till now they have not requested for anything. But we know a terrorist has been making noise and he has been put within the perimeter of the zoo where he will suffer for every campaign of anarchy he conspired.

3 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by victorvezx(m): 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
[s]Let me deal with option A first
1 no election
2 constitutional crisis
3 govt house awka vacant. Speaker takes over(party apga) holds for until re-scheduled election hold
4 Cant appoint a sole admin cos its not a war zone as in no breach on security or threat to citizens life and props even if he manages to apply and get it done at national assembly, it will be the type that gej gave in 3 northern states still with apga caretaker intact
5 international community, human rights group, sans/lawyers senate, house of reps etc will cal for dialogue with kanu. And his simple demand will be : set a date for referendum. Kanu will have the advantage[/s]
Lol, typical Ipob analysisis. Kanu has no advantage whatsoever. A military sole administrator can be appointed, it does not have to be a war zone. Be rest assured for one thing, Nigeria will never grant any one anything like referendum.

9 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by Nonaira1: 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
I have to agree with the OP on this. I'm a huge IPOB supporter but I disagree with Nnamdi on the election boycott. He should replace SE leaders, not give them space to rig themselves in.
Nnamdi please think this through.

4 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by Addme: 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
Let me deal with option A first
1 no election
2 constitutional crisis
5 international community, human rights group, sans/lawyers senate, house of reps etc will cal for dialogue with kanu. And his simple demand will be : set a date for referendum. Kanu will have the advantage
Chai this your analysis no be here o ,guy tell me you are joking.

4 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by Built2last: 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2017
StOla:

But the Igbos in the North have said they don't want to go home to the so called Biafra. They claim they have not asked for any Biafra.

Which begs the question, have you seen or heard or read that any SE elected representative of the people state that they want Biafra?

Has any motion been raised that was voted down?

Let Kanu win the civil war within the Igbos and Igbo land first if he wants to usurp the political structure there. Then the rest of Nigeria would accept that he alone is the representative of the Biafrans, and his demands becomes the demands of those people.

The dimension of their struggle is changing. They started by calling for war and never used the word referendum. now referendum is their anthem....We don't have to seperate in quarrel. . Igbos don't have to leave anywhere because they got their own country.....As Scotland had their referendum. I never heard them tell the scots to come home. or British saying war or destruction. We really need to grow up.

5 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by Ogalanyachieze: 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2017
stOla did you not hear from binta that ipob is not an illegal org? You can cal her to confirm i'll send you her number

3 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by StOla: 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2017
Built2last:

The dimension of their struggle is changing. They started by calling for war and never used the word referendum. now referendum is their anthem....We don't have to seperate in quarrel. . Igbos don't have to leave anywhere because they got their own country.....As Scotland had their referendum. I never heard them tell the scots to come home. or British saying war or destruction. We really need to grow up.

Good you mentioned Scotland.

Please was it a Scottish thug and his group that requested for referendum or was it the recognised political structure of Scotland that made the request?

Did the Scottish people not vote under an atmosphere of peace and tranquility to decide to remain in UK? Was there any threat to lives of people who had contrary views in the build up to the referendum? Was there any director of a hate pirate radio station dishing out orders of hate and chaos to those who were not in support of a particular opinion?

The political structure of the SE has not requested for a referendum so why are we even debating what has not been requested by a sane person.

This is why the Igbos in the North are angry with the Northern youths ultimatum, claiming that they have no business with IPOB or Kanu or his demands of secession.

I would love nothing more than for a group who calls everyone lazy and parasites to have their own homogeneous nation where no foreign party can be blamed for any failures. But if this IPOB thing is what you call a valid demand, we will end up having a Somalia next to the rest of Nigeria within the next few years.

Kanu cannot usurp the political structure of the South East. Let the known political structure make the demands and then a discussion can begin.

The SE governors recently had the opportunity to table their demands to the presidency. Not one of them asked for a referendum to determine secession. Infact, they all frowned at the Kaduna ultimatum and reasserted their Nigerian identity.

So I repeat, who is Kanu and what authority does he have to speak for anyone in a democratic nation.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by dlondonbadboy: 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
Built2last:

Simple and short...

2 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by Ogalanyachieze: 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2017
victorvezx:

Lol, typical Ipob analysisis. Kanu has no advantage whatsoever. A military sole administrator can be appointed, it does not have to be a war zone. Be rest assured for one thing, Nigeria will never grant any one anything like referendum.
she will be forced to do so

1 Like

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by Tkester: 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nonaira1:
I have to agree with the OP on this. I'm a huge IPOB supporter but I disagree with Nnamdi on the election boycott. He should replace SE leaders, not give them space to rig themselves in.
Nnamdi please think this through.

Get your self acquainted with modern means of freedom fighting. Boycotting election is the most potent weapon at the disposal of Biafrans and that surely will happen come November!

1 Like

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by victorvezx(m): 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
she will be forced to do so
Lol, how will Nigeria be forced to? Nigeria can decide to ignore, and nobody can do anything, u know that
Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by victorvezx(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

Simple and short...
Nigeria and UK is not the same, if u for once think Nigeria will break up without armed conflict, Tehran ur not ready

1 Like

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by Nonaira1: 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
Tkester:

Get your self acquainted with modern means of freedom fighting. Boycotting election is the most potent weapon at the disposal of Biafrans and that surely will happen come November!

What effects will it do other than them rigging themselves in. This is that zoological republic we are talking about band igbos unfortunately we have idiots in the political aspects of our land You are aware that though Nnamdi has high percentage of igbo supporting him, not all igbo does therefore those that oppose him would fight against his declaration and show up to vote. Even if only 10 people vote, that still considered an election and those 10 people votes can dictate who will be winner of the election. Please tell him to think it through. It better for him to foster an igbo with exact same ideology like him, who is bent of getting us Biafra and put him up as his supported candidate. It is about time we start thinking of getting rid of those Sabo in the political scene...the morons who are bent of looking out for their pocket rather than their people. It's time we replace them with Biafrans at mind, heart, soul and each air they breath.
Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by victorvezx(m): 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
Addme:
Lol, don't mind the guy, they are typical Ipob, always delusional and always thinking of victory without fighting
Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by kingzizzy: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
It is what it is. There is no going on Biafra. We want to get out of the zoological Republic of Lord Lugard. I support election boycott in Anambra

1 Like

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by Ogalanyachieze: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
Addme:
but the joke is on you now

1 Like

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by tdbankplc: 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2017
The candidate family and friend will vote and the vote shall be counted and a winner will be announced.
Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by StOla: 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
stOla did you not hear from binta that ipob is not an illegal org? You can cal her to confirm i'll send you her number

Any organization or person can be classified terrorist or not and in the future be classified to the contrary.

ANC and Nelson Mandela were termed terrorist until a time when they were removed from such classification.

IPOB may not be called terrorist now, but if they impede the democratic process in the SE in anyway, I repeat that they will become a terrorist organization as far as the Nigerian state is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by adadike281(f): 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
KANU will have to declare ' no election' in Abia first. APGA is d brain child of Dim Odumegbu Ojuku so KANU should think twice before uttering rubbish . Igbos in d north have already rejected him and many more will soon hate him. I am pro Biafra but I never liked KANU one bit.

5 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by Deltagiant: 7:56pm On Jun 24, 2017
Really
Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by moneyest(m): 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2017
deedeedee1:

How is ipob a terrorist group?

You are still one of the few sensible people in your land.

1 Like

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by Built2last: 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
StOla:

Good you mentioned Scotland.

Please was it a Scottish thug and his group that requested for referendum or was it the recognised political structure of Scotland that made the request?

Did the Scottish people not vote under an atmosphere of peace and tranquility to decide to remain in UK? Was there any threat to lives of people who had contrary views in the build up to the referendum? Was there any director of a hate pirate radio station dishing out orders of hate and chaos to those who were not is support of a particular opinion?

The political structure of the SE has not requested for a referendum so why are we even debating what has not been requested by a sane person.

This is why the Igbos in the North are angry with the Northern youths ultimatum, claiming that they have no business with IPOB or Kanu or his demands of secession.

I would love nothing more than for a group who calls everyone lazy and parasites to have their own homogeneous nation where no foreign party can be blamed for any failures. But if this IPOB thing is what you call a valid demand, we will end up having a Somalia next to the rest of Nigeria within the next few years.

Kanu cannot usurp the political structure of the South East. Let the known political structure make the demands and then a discussion can begin.

The SE governors recently had the opportunity to table their demands to the presidency. Not one of them asked for a referendum to determine secession. Infact, they all frowned at the Kaduna ultimatum and reasserted their Nigerian identity.

So I repeat, who is Kanu and what authority does he have to speak for anyone in a democratic nation.

It's only logical to understand why Igbo leaders up north will oppose Kanu. All their investments and all they ever worked for is up north. Same vibes those agitating down East would have put forth if they were in their shoes . SA me way IgBo political lwaders are protting their interest all overy Nigeria due to uncertainty of what happen's to their investment. A wise man said if you lead, and no one is following. You are taking a walk...it will amount to delusion or self deception to say Kanu is nobody simply because he does not have political position. No Igbo man leaving today can make Igbos seat at home by simple declaration without arms. I went to Wuse market Abuja on may 30. The seat at home day observed by IPOB. Shops were not all opened. I asked and they said their leader has commanded and they are tired of Nigeria. That young guy has never met Nnamdi Kanu. What is leadership when you cant influence. Kanu is in East influencing Igbos world over. And you say he is nobody. Ok oo

4 Likes

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by dyydxx: 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
Built2last:

It's only logical to understand why Igbo leaders up north will oppose Kanu. All their investments and all they ever worked for is up north. Same vibes those agitating down East would have put forth if they were in their shoes . SA me way IgBo political lwaders are protting their interest all overy Nigeria due to uncertainty of what happen's to their investment. A wise man said if you lead, and no one is following. You are taking a walk...it will amount to delusion or self deception to say Kanu is nobody simply because he does not have political position. No Igbo man leaving today can make Igbos seat at home by simple declaration without arms. I went to Wuse market Abuja on may 30. The seat at home day observed by IPOB. Shops were not all opened. I asked and they said their leader has commanded and they are tired of Nigeria. That young guy has never met Nnamdi Kanu. What is leadership when you cant influence. Kanu is in East influencing Igbos world over. And you say he is nobody. Ok oo

What exactly do you suppose would be achieved by the boycott? Do you honestly think that will stop the election? Are IPOB members delusional enough to think that INEC won't call the winner even if only 10 people show up at the polling booth. I just marvel at the crass ignorance and extreme stupidity of those leading this mass suicide. If Kanu had any sense, he would realise that nothing can be achieved without going through the right channels. Ironically the elections provide an opportunity for him and his group to form their own party, take their vision to the people and go through the proper channels rather than this charade that will lead to mass murder of Igbo youths, most of them wasted in their prime

1 Like

Re: Call To Boycott Anambra2017 Election Will Go Down As The Potential End Of IPOB by Tkester: 8:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nonaira1:

What effects will it do other than them rigging themselves in. This is that zoological republic we are talking about band igbos unfortunately we have idiots in the political aspects of our land You are aware that though Nnamdi has high percentage of igbo supporting him, not all igbo does therefore those that oppose him would fight against his declaration and show up to vote. Even if only 10 people vote, that still considered an election and those 10 people votes can dictate who will be winner of the election. Please tell him to think it through. It better for him to foster an igbo with exact same ideology like him, who is bent of getting us Biafra and put him up as his supported candidate. It is about time we start thinking of getting rid of those Sabo in the political scene...the morons who are bent of looking out for their pocket rather than their people. It's time we replace them with Biafrans at mind, heart, soul and each air they breath.

Brother, I understand your apprehension, but to be clear IPoB has a lot of think tanks to draw wisdom from, and I mean well educated and well travelled individuals. I know some of the people advising NK and they are more reputable than anything you can find in the zoo, an example is Bruce Fein. You may Google about him.

Well, that said, by boycotting election we are declaring in an unequivocal terms to the international community that we are fanatical about our believe in Biafra. Something we must understand is that to get Biafra we need more international support and zero domestic support i.e. (support from hausa fulani).

Another clear point we must also understand is that in freedom fighting the agitators must be resolute and un-yielding, something NK has shown in his numerous broadcasts. I tell you what the zoo fears most about IPOB is our resolution. They know the world revolves around or works in favour of people who are resolute, hence their many antics of intimidation and fear mongering to get IPoB to blink, but thank God the administrators of IPoB understand all these antics.

Lastly, I state again by boycotting election is one of the ways of showing resolution, forget about the threats of imposing military administrators, i tell you that will be another own goal by the zoo. Just as Kanu arrest was their biggest undoing.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The New Keke With AC And The Future Of Transport In Nigerian Cities / Pictures From Askira/uba Town Clash Between Nig Army And ISWAP / Court Orders INEC To Allow Nigerians Abroad To Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.