Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,990 members, 7,956,694 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:59 PM

Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? (33669 Views)

Ibos Committed Pogrom And Genocide On Our Race, Niger Deltan Region / The Crocodile A Niger Delta Man Killed (Photo) / Please As A Niger Deltan I Support For The Seperation Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by victorvezx(m): 8:33am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
No one is talking of old Eastern region here, don't change the topic.
Btw whats your ethnic group?
My ethnic group is Oron, the third largest ethnic group in Akwa ibom state

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by pazienza(m): 8:34am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae.

Good thread. But you can be well assured that those Igbophobic entities are very much aware of that. That's why Nzeogwu coup is called Igbo coup and not Niger delta coup.

If we go by Edwin Clark reasoning, Niger delta is Ijaw and Ijaw affiliated groups only, he made this clear when he campaigned against Odili ambition of being Yaradua VP in 2006/2007.

The Igboid and Igbos know that Niger delta had been twisted not to have any Igbo in it, so they try to be part of it by denying their Igbo identity, but as we saw with Odili who is Ndoni ethnic group, Ndoni being an Igbo speaking group edging towards Igbo denial, Igbo denial cannot help Igbos in Niger delta, it would only leave them as pawns in Ijaw political class chess game.

Recently CRA called himself an Igbo and the likes of Anniko briggs got discomfortable, why do you think its so? An Igbo man proud of his Igbo identity give those people goose pimples, they 'd rather have An Igbo man in identity crisis who is apologetic for having an Igbo dialect and names.

These people had given an Igbophobic flavour to the term Niger Delta, so much that the only way any Igbo speaking group in the SS can proudly answer that name is by denying their Igbo identity and becoming even more Igbophobic than the non Igbos there, to prove their non alignment to Igbos to them , all in forlorn hope of being accepted as part and parcel of the Niger delta.

This to me is silly, coming from these Igbo speaking groups, considering the fact that if all Igboid group in the Six SS states unite as a single political entity under Igbo tag, they'd become the single largest entity in the SS, and would displace Ijaws ( who had managed to unite non Izon speaking groups to form Ijaw ethnic group) as the single largest group in the region and would be the one dictating for every one else.

I belong to Rivers state forums and I see how they all tease and cajore Obigbo for sticking to their Igbo identity, they constantly tell them that they are Aba people, in response to this, some misguided Obigbo people had started toeing the path of Ogba, Ikwerre and Etche In Igbo denial, even though those from Obigbo with such plans are still but insignificant minority, but the number would grow, if things don't change, fast and furious.

Amarabae, once again, this is a nice topic, good job.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by victorvezx(m): 8:37am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
excuse me, are you a graduate? Gosh.
Go and read the definition of who Niger deltans are.
In Delta, the Ukwuanis and Even the Oshimili(both in the Delta Igbo family) are the part of the Niger deltans there.
In Rivers, I have listed to you the Igbo subgroups there, which I am part of.
State is a Recent political creation, we are talking of ETHNIC GROUPS here.
Ok tell me, if all the minority tribes join together to agitate Niger delta republic, will u igbos join too? Or u feel like taking orders from ur big brothers in the south east?

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Eastfield1: 8:38am On Jun 26, 2017
nawao
pazienza
all this our brothers from Niger delta are becoming more aggressive than us in SE
m loving it

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by sarrki(m): 8:40am On Jun 26, 2017
Amara my dear Sis.

Proud of you

You are not Igbos

Only Igbos can't lay claim to Niger Delta
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by mike404(m): 8:43am On Jun 26, 2017
victorvezx:

95% of Nigerians have heard and know where Niger delta is. Whether igbos are there changes nothing. There are many tribes there too. It is very distinct from the south east. South south is Edo, Rivers state, Delta state, Akwa ibom state, Bayelsa state, and cross river state. The real Niger Delta is Delta state, Akwa ibom state, Rivers state and Bayelsa. Imo state, Ondo state and Abia state where only included in Niger delta by Obasanjo as oil producing states, they are not real Niger delta in the sense of it

17 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:45am On Jun 26, 2017
victorvezx:

Ok tell me, if all the minority tribes join together to agitate Niger delta republic, will u igbos join too? Or u feel like taking orders from ur big brothers in the south east?
niger delta republic ke, delta niger country ni.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by CutieGuy(m): 8:47am On Jun 26, 2017
sarrki:
Amara my dear Sis.

Proud of you

You are not Igbos

When did amara became ur sis.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by victorvezx(m): 8:48am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
And u think there will ever be Biafra with the Niger delta? Lol

10 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by sarrki(m): 8:48am On Jun 26, 2017
pazienza:
Amarabae.

Good thread. But you can be well assured that those Igbophobic entities are very much aware of that. That's why Nzeogwu coup is called Igbo coup and not Niger delta coup.

If we go by Edwin Clark reasoning, Niger delta is Ijaw and Ijaw affiliated groups only, he made this clear when he campaigned against Odili ambition of being Yaradua VP in 2006/2007.

The Igboid and Igbos know that Niger delta had been twisted not to have any Igbo in it, so they try to be part of it by denying their Igbo identity, but as we saw with Odili who is Ndoni ethnic group, Ndoni being an Igbo speaking group edging towards Igbo denial, Igbo denial cannot help Igbos in Niger delta, it would only leave them as pawns in Ijaw political class chess game.

Recently CRA called himself an Igbo and the likes of Annie briggs got discomfortable, why do you think its so? An Igbo man proud of his Igbo identity give those people goose pimples, they 'd rather have An Igbo man in identity crisis who is apologetic for having an Igbo dialect and names.

These people had given an Igbophobi flavour to the term Niger Delta, so much that the only way any Igbo speaking group in the SS can proudly answer that name is by denying their Igbo identity and becoming even more Igbophobic than the non Igbos there to prove their non alignment to Igbos to them , all in forlorn hope of being accepted as part and parcel of the Niger delta.

This to me is silly, coming from these Igbo speaking groups, considering the fact that if all Igboid group in the Six SS states unite as a single political entity under Igbo tag, they'd become the single largest entity in the SS, and would displace Ijaws ( who had managed to unite non Izon speaking groups to form Ijaw ethnic group) as the single largest group in the region and would be the one dictating for every one else.

I belong to Rivers state forums and I see how they all tease and cajore Obigbo for sticking to their Igbo identity, they constantly tell them that they are Aba people, in response to this some misguided Obigbo people had started toeing the path of Ogba, Ikwerre and Etche In Igbo denial, even though those from Obigbo with such plans are still but insignificant minority, but the number would grow, if things don't change fast and furious.

I say to you too

Weldone nice one

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by sarrki(m): 8:49am On Jun 26, 2017
CutieGuy:

Just ask her

Shes here
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by TheKingIsHere: 8:49am On Jun 26, 2017
Lol, she continues her obsession with nigerdeltans.

Tomorrow queenofnepal, ngozi123 and nonaira1 will say she is igbo.

Why can't she leave nigerdelta alone.

She says she doesn't want SS in biafra which I agree yet she dreams about us every day.

Amarabae the Afonja from osogbo, leave US alone and eat your hydraulic soup

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by sarrki(m): 8:51am On Jun 26, 2017
Eastfield1:
nawao
pazienza
all this our brothers from Niger delta are becoming more aggressive than us in SE
m loving it

Why not calm down

Online brothers is not the real thing

Igbo's in south south are minority

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by TheKingIsHere: 8:51am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
Good Day All!
Happy Sallah To My Muslim Friends!
-
If you go into the street of Nigeria and ask, who is a Niger Deltan?
95% of respondents will likely fail the question.
The Reason for this write up is that some Peoples ignorantly love to use the phrase "IGBOS and NIGER DELTANS".
Its wrong and an embarrasement to the intellectual mindset.
-
First, What is a Delta?
A Delta is a Land area where a River spread into diverse tributuaries before emptying into an Ocean or Sea.
-
Niger Delta is the delta of River Nigeria.
The USA has Mississippi Delta.
The China has Yangtze Delta.
The Egypt has Nile delta.
And so on.
-
In Nigeria, How Is A Niger Deltan identified, lets examine it in three ways and then solve the Igbos and Niger Delta Question.
-
1) Niger Delta as Oil Producing Areas?- If Niger Delta is classified by Oil Producing Areas, that mean Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, Urhobos etc are part of it.
- Yorubas produce Oil in Ondo state.
- Igbos have Oil producing areas in Ukwa areas of Abia, Egbema, Asa/Ndoki, Oguta, Ogbaru, Ndoni, Omuma, Etche etc.
-
So if it is classified by Oil producing areas, that means all ethnic groups in southern Nigeria are Niger Deltans.
-
2) Niger Deltans As South South States?- This is the classification many use to define Niger Deltan.
And they even Ignorantly think Igbos are not part of it.
I am an Asa lady from Oyigbo LGA In Rivers state.
I am proudly Igbo and Niger Deltan.
Also the Ndokis, Ndoni, Etches, Egbemas etc are also Oil producing areas in South South and they are part of the Igbo Nation.
Ikwerre, Ogba and Ekpeye may be a battleground of identity issue but they are of Igboid stock.
So you see if we use South South as classification of Niger deltan, IGBOS are part and parcel of it.
-
3) Niger Deltan By Virtue Of Geographical Location?
If we go by this classification, that means Edo and Cross River people are not Niger deltans, because there is no delta of the River Niger in their location.
If we go by this classification, that means IGBOS are fully part of the Niger Delta.
-
My Final submission is that trying to create Niger Delta without mentioning IGBOS is a big FRAUD.
There are Igbos in the term "NIGER DELTA".
Even the River Niger is a dermacation between two Igbo Cities Onitsha and Asaba.
-
The days of divide and conquer are fading away.
I am an Asa/Ndoki person.
Oyigbo is my LGA!
Rivers is my state.
IGBO is my ethnic nation.
And Yes I am a Niger Deltan just like my fellow Igbos like Etches, Ndonis, Egbemas, Ogbarus, Ogutas, etc.
Thank you all.

Shut up. You are not nigerdeltan. ..You are from osogbo. Don't deny your people. cool

8 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by freshest4live: 8:51am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
Why can't they have a Niger Delta republic, if they choose to? Igbo is minority in many of the southern states except the south east. Let the igbos conduct the referendum amongst themselves then their brothers in the south south can become dual citizens.
But l know you Igbo's want all of those states, so what happens to all of the non igboid ethnic groups all over?

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:52am On Jun 26, 2017
pazienza:
Amarabae.

Recently CRA called himself an Igbo and the likes of Annie briggs got discomfortable, why do you think its so? An Igbo man proud of his Igbo identity give those people goose pimples, they 'd rather have An Igbo man in identity crisis who is apologetic for having an Igbo dialect and names.

These people had given an Igbophobi flavour to the term Niger Delta, so much that the only way any Igbo speaking group in the SS can proudly answer that name is by denying their Igbo identity and becoming even more Igbophobic than the non Igbos there to prove their non alignment to Igbos to them , all in forlorn hope of being accepted as part and parcel of the Niger delta.

I belong to Rivers state forums and I see how they all tease and cajore Obigbo for sticking to their Igbo identity, they constantly tell them that they are Aba people, in response to this some misguided Obigbo people had started toeing the path of Ogba, Ikwerre and Etche In Igbo denial, even though those from Obigbo with such plans are still but insignificant minority, but the number would grow, if things don't change fast and furious.

oh you are falling for their tactics. Yes Odili made a mistake but he regretted it..
But the cloak of identity crisis is falling down fast, believe me!
Many were deceived in the past but not any more.
I don't have any problem that Edwin clarke and ijaws stopped Odili in 2007, Odili cause it himself.
Lets not throw the whole blame at the feet of ijaws.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by TheKingIsHere: 8:55am On Jun 26, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
Nigerians are talking about the Hausa language Buhari addressed them with while you are here trying to distract Nigerians this early morning with this topic

Were you paid to distract Nigerians from the real issue at hand

Buhari must explain to Nigerians when did Hausa language become our lingual franca

You dey answer the silly girl/boy.

Tomorrow dem go say she be igbo.

@ngozi123 like I told you, if this Afonja can do without mentioning nigerdelta for 1 month then I agree but till then, she is Afonja.

By the way what is Asa? abi tomorrow you go claim dbanj tribe? Lol
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by freshest4live: 8:55am On Jun 26, 2017
CutieGuy:
Yeah the problem is even if all the igbos in the south south are to be part of Biafra, what happens to the ethnic groups constituting the majority.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by TheKingIsHere: 8:56am On Jun 26, 2017
sarrki:
Amara my dear Sis.

Proud of you

You are not Igbos

Shut up and focus on your osogbo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:56am On Jun 26, 2017
freshest4live:

Why can't they have a Niger Delta republic, if they choose to? Igbo is minority in many of the southern states except the south east. Let the igbos conduct the referendum amongst themselves then their brothers in the south south can become dual citizens.
But l know you Igbo's want all of those states, so what happens to all of the non igboid ethnic groups all over?
and who are the they?
We are NOT talking about breaking up Nigeria here, go to IPOB page and argue with them.

17 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by victorvezx(m): 8:57am On Jun 26, 2017
freshest4live:

Don't mind them, they are very arrogant, they feel like the old eastern region is their birth right, they feel like they are the custodian of the old eastern region. If u tell them u don't want Biafra, they start screaming Hausa and Yoruba divide and rule, forgetting the fact that it is the people from the present day South South that requested that Gowon should separate the south south from the south east to avoid Igbo domination.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:58am On Jun 26, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Shut up. You are not nigerdeltan. ..You are from osogbo. Don't deny your people. cool
did an osogbo indigene break ur heart?

7 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by TheKingIsHere: 8:59am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
did an osogbo indigene break ur heart?
Sharap and drink your hydraulic soup to reset your brain. Asa tribe kor dbanj tribe ni. Lol
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 9:00am On Jun 26, 2017
SGTsmith001:
. i can bet my deeek you are not from oron in akwa ibom state .i know you

Amarabae,please ignore this guy.a check on his post history indicate that he is a chronic Igbo hater. something very rare in the akwacross axis
he can only deceive himself. We know his "real" ethnic group. They are good at that.

22 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by victorvezx(m): 9:00am On Jun 26, 2017
SGTsmith001:
[s]. i can bet my deeek you are not from oron in akwa ibom state .i know you

Amarabae,please ignore this guy.a check on his post history indicate that he is a chronic Igbo hater. something very rare in the akwacross axis[/s]
Bet ur mom pvssy too

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by sarrki(m): 9:00am On Jun 26, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
Shut up and focus on your osogbo

The last time I checked I was invited to this thread

You weren't invited

Niger Deltans are wonderful people

Igbo's are very small minority in the The great Niger Delta region

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 9:01am On Jun 26, 2017
victorvezx:

Don't mind them, they are very arrogant, they feel like the old eastern region is their birth right, they feel like they are the custodian of the old eastern region. If u tell them u don't want Biafra, they start screaming Hausa and Yoruba divide and rule, forgetting the fact that it is the people from the present day South South that requested that Gowon should separate the south south from the south east to avoid Igbo domination.
we are NOT talking about Biafra here, stop sweating.
Matured people understand what these thread is talking about.

32 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by TheKingIsHere: 9:02am On Jun 26, 2017
sarrki:

You weren't invited

I am from delta state, it involves me. Focus on your osogbo people or better still go and translate the Hausa Buhari spoke in your Afonja mosques.

23 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by victorvezx(m): 9:03am On Jun 26, 2017
Amarabae:
he can only deceive himself. We know his "real" ethnic group. They are good at that.
Lol, so anybody that oppose Igbo people plans in the South South is now Afonja? U igbos better accept the fact that there are tons of people in the our South south region that are ready to oppose any evil expansion of the Igbo tribes in the south south. We will resist with everything we got. Continue deceiving urselfs

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 9:03am On Jun 26, 2017
sarrki:

You weren't invited

NO. Igbos are Majority in Niger Delta Region BUT Minorities in South South.
Know the difference between the two.
And btw, where is this Niger delta region located?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by hucienda: 9:03am On Jun 26, 2017
Intellectual argument backed up with facts and examples.

I have nothing to counter there and everything to learn as it is factual, well researched and well written for easy understanding.

Igbo are part of the Niger Delta in Delta, Rivers, Imo and Abia states while the Yoruba, Ondo state.

In terms of the political term, South-South, Igbo are part of South-South in Delta and Rivers states.

Write-up makes sense. Thumbs up OP.

27 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Arewa Forum Condemns Attack On Fulani In South West / Pictures Of Peter Obi In Bangladesh / Ugwuanyi’s N10m Project For Every Community Pays Off As He Commissions Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.