Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,084 members, 7,957,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:55 AM

Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? (33670 Views)

Ibos Committed Pogrom And Genocide On Our Race, Niger Deltan Region / The Crocodile A Niger Delta Man Killed (Photo) / Please As A Niger Deltan I Support For The Seperation Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 30, 2017
Amarabae:
stop sweating dear, Igbos in Niger Delta are MAJORITY, but Igbos in south south geopolitical zone like me may not be majority.
Know the difference between Niger Delta and South South.

You are deceiving yourself.
Every Nigerian knows who is a Niger Deltan.
And don't dare associate the Akalaka brothers with the Igbos.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Ogidigba1(m): 10:36am On Jun 30, 2017
AmuDimpka:
How can Igbo be minority u. Delta

An Igbo man is the governor of Delta and Rivers

An Igbo man Liyel Imoke was the governor of Cross River

Tell me one state in Niger Delta that we don't have an Igbo indigenous tribe

Then i can take you serious
ignore this guy he is typical afonja . The useless impostor has been busted on this thread
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 30, 2017
Amarabae:
I stand by my word.
Ijaws, Ogonis, Urhobos, Itsekiris etc Are NOT interested in Biafra.
I am a Rivers indigene, I know them very well.
No amount of IPOB intimidation can shake me.
I stand firmly with an IGBO NATION.
yup, same here.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Sanchez01: 11:31am On Jun 30, 2017
plaetton:

Look at this one shocked

What tendencies other than the usual inferiority complex ? undecided
So strong is that complex that you would prefer a Northerner to exploit you, rather than work with your southeast brethren.
What has that earned you so far ? undecided

The FARCE is strong strong with you.
When you're done clowning, you'll wake up to smell the coffee. There is no 'working' with the Igbos. The Biafran ideology is born out of greed and selfishness.

I still don't take you lots serious though because you are apparently not ready for the craze you call struggle. If you are, you would stop worrying about thinking of 'working' with people who don't regard you and move on without them.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 11:38am On Jun 30, 2017
bellenornor:

OP, Asa is in Ukwa east LGA of Abia State. I kotala??
my dear, Asa is both in Abia (ukwa) and Rivers(oyigbo lga).
I am talking about my own Asa people that is in Rivers.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Rukkydelta(f): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2017
Everybody is claiming Niger delta. It was won't be a thing of suprise if Kano state start calling theirselves Niger delta
Any state about Rivers, delta, edo , cross river, akwa ibom are just minority of Niger delta. These states I listed are the real Niger delta
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by menwongo(m): 11:49am On Jun 30, 2017
AntiNigerian:
Liyel Imoke of Cross River state is an IGBO MAN!
Lol from which of the Igbo state?
Probably Evans is from Cross River state
Hahahah you people like to claim good things
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Sleyanya1(m): 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
paulynpen:

If you are a geologist as evident in your post and you claim to be a Niger deltan, in line with op post I will not forgive you

Hahaha. I was trained to know that geologists are known for arguments, not just empty ones but constructive arguments that leads to a reasonable and acceptable conclusion.

I don't need your forgiveness sir, you can present your facts.

....Drop your definition of a delta.

....present a geological map of Nigeria.

....Show me ukwa west LGA in it,

....shade the Niger Delta Basin

Then let me see where your Ukwa west LGA in Abia state falls under and still tell me I'm not a Niger Deltan.

Thank you.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by plaetton: 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
Sanchez01:

When you're done clowning, you'll wake up to smell the coffee. There is no 'working' with the Igbos. The Biafran ideology is born out of greed and selfishness.

I still don't take you lots serious though because you are apparently not ready for the craze you call struggle. If you are, you would stop worrying about thinking of 'working' with people who don't regard you and move on without them.

Actually, the Igbos that I know do not put faith on anyone in order to thrive.
And we don't give a rat's bottom about the opinions of little minions like you , or what you think or feel about our struggles.

The Biafran struggle was just in 1967.
The Biafran struggle is just and even more imperative in 2017,..and will always be.

It just befuddles us that people with whom we share a history of genetic and cultural ties would rather remain feudal serfs in their own land , and prefer to continuously get fuxxd in the axx by uncircumcised Northern feudal cabals, than to forge common goals with Igbos, out of irrational fear and paranoia of domination, an acute inferiority complex.

You have my pity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Sanchez01: 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
plaetton:

Actually, the Igbos that I know do not put faith on anyone in order to thrive.
And we don't give a rat's bottom about the opinions of little minions like you , or what you think or feel about our struggles.

The Biafran struggle was just in 1967.
The Biafran struggle is just and even more imperative in 2017,..and will always be.

It just befuddles us that people with whom we share a history of genetic and cultural ties would rather remain feudal serfs in their own land , and prefer to continuously get fuxxd in the axx by uncircumcised Northern feudal cabals, than to forge common goals with Igbos, out of irrational fear and paranoia of domination, an acute inferiority complex.

You have my pity.
Cry like a sissy from now to the end of the earth, it does not take away the fact that your quest is a solo quest. If there would be a need for the Delta to secede, then Biafra would be the last consideration. Our struggle was made known before your genocide in 1967, meaning we have been there before you. Fall back to the history books to nourish your crafty reasoning.

The only serfs and minions I see here are those screaming to 'control his destiny'. Refrain from the identity blackmail, biko. Genetically, we are not related, neither are we tied by culture, believe me. We are not from Israel and we are no Jew. The so-called irrational fear and paranoia of domination is carefully arrived at, and until an Ebonyi man would be seen as equal to a man from Anambra, and the Osu-caste system which many claim to have been fully abolished, while an Ngwa fellow would not be despised by his own, we would always relate to your kind and people with paranoia.

Don't blame us that the world is wary of you.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by paulynpen(m): 2:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
[q[url][/url]uote author=Sleyanya1 post=57986003]

Hahaha. I was trained to know that geologists are known for arguments, not just empty ones but constructive arguments that leads to a reasonable and acceptable conclusion.

I don't need your forgiveness sir, you can present your facts.

....Drop your definition of a delta.

....present a geological map of Nigeria.

....Show me ukwa west LGA in it,

....shade the Niger Delta Basin

Then let me see where your Ukwa west LGA in Abia state falls under and still tell me I'm not a Niger Deltan.

Thank you.[/quote]
I am really surprised at your maturity. I really love this. You are very correct on your definition of delta and all that. But I am saying that their basis of classification is purely on geologic settings of people living in a geologic basin named Niger Delta. I did explained in detail the concept and definition Niger delta and I know you don't need to be told of that. You are looking at it in the eyes of geography but the see it in the eyes if geology
Danke
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by AntiNigerian: 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2017
menwongo:

Lol from which of the Igbo state?
Probably Evans is from Cross River state
Hahahah you people like to claim good things

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by plaetton: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
Sanchez01:

Cry like a sissy from now to the end of the earth, it does not take away the fact that your quest is a solo quest. If there would be a need for the Delta to secede, then Biafra would be the last consideration. Our struggle was made known before your genocide in 1967, meaning we have been there before you. Fall back to the history books to nourish your crafty reasoning.

The only serfs and minions I see here are those screaming to 'control his destiny'. Refrain from the identity blackmail, biko. Genetically, we are not related, neither are we tied by culture, believe me. We are not from Israel and we are no Jew. The so-called irrational fear and paranoia of domination is carefully arrived at, and until an Ebonyi man would be seen as equal to a man from Anambra, and the Osu-caste system which many claim to have been fully abolished, while an Ngwa fellow would not be despised by his own, we would always relate to your kind and people with paranoia.

Lol again.
The fact that you refer to yourself as Delta speaks volumes about how brainwashed you are, and how pitiful your ignorance is.
Tomorrow, you will call yourself South South.
Look who has an identity crisis. grin

Reading your post over and over again, almost verbatim, it screams over and over " inferiority complex, inferiority complex".
Sour grapes grin grin grin
Your hand can't reach the fruit, so you condemn the fruit as being sour.

When I read these self-deprecating sulkings from little people like you, it makes me mighty proud to be Igbo.

Again, kindly accept my pity.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by AntiNigerian: 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2017
CeoMYN:

You are deceiving yourself.
Every Nigerian knows who is a Niger Deltan.
And don't dare associate the Akalaka brothers with the Igbos.
Akalaka what? Hope you're not referring to the Ikwerres like that.. angry

PS: Igbos didn't colonise the Ikwerres
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
AntiNigerian:
Akalaka what? Hope you're not referring to the Ikwerres like that.. angry

PS: Igbos didn't colonise the Ikwerres

She was mentioning Ogba, Ekpeye and Ikwerre as igboid thereby putting them in IGBO Nation.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by FTbomb(m): 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2017
amarabae, what's your problem with the ikwerre and their identity crisis? have you seen an emohua person deny being igbo before?
always back your utterances with facts biko.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by AmuDimpka: 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
I have been waiting for the nwa enwe to answer me but the ikpu nnunnu refused

Ogidigba1:
ignore this guy he is typical afonja . The useless impostor has been busted on this thread
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by AmuDimpka: 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
Sanchez01:

Read this https://etimes.com.ng/south-south-term-niger-delta-igbo-question-1/
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by AmuDimpka: 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2017
Your correct dear

Read this

https://etimes.com.ng/south-south-term-niger-delta-igbo-question-1/
Amberon11:
Keep quiet. Are you not ashamed of saying the bolded? So your Biafra must be centered on Niger delta and anyone who opposes is Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba spy right?

So without Niger delta, Biafra is nothing right? Just so you know that lady is one of the most sensible Igbo's on this forum and is not an ass licker like you and your fellow Igbos.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by danidee10(m): 12:51am On Jul 01, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

You're such a bloody liar! Akoko Edo is the home of Igarra tribe of Edo state (distinct from Igala of Kogi and related more to Ebira of Kogi and Auchi people due to boundary sharing and proximity).

They have a completely distinct language. That you found Yoruba immigrants there doesn't make it a Yoruba land. Stop spewing lies here and there about Akoko Edo.

I'm taking exception to these lies simply because my best friend and business partner was born and brought up in Akoko Edo and is married to an Akoko Edo lady.

You can say that every other part of Edo is Yoruba and I won't reply you but never you mention Akoko Edo again!

Cc @ZaraGift don't be misinformed by this deceitful and lying creature please.

I won't even argue with you. Since it's Obvious that you can make a valid point without resorting to cheap insults

Research about IBILO and find out the language and Culture of the people that live there and the L.G.A it belongs to in Edo state.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Nature8(m): 7:04am On Jul 01, 2017
eastsidechillz:

Believe me, if you can't stand with me in difficult time don't even bother coming around when I triumph above my oppressors.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Eastfield1: 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
Jobia:
yup, same here.
where you from sweet?
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Eastfield1: 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
Jobia:
yup, same here.
where you from sweet?
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by HopeAtHand: 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
FTbomb:
amarabae, what's your problem with the ikwerre and their identity crisis? have you seen an emohua person deny being igbo before?
always back your utterances with facts biko.

If Igbos write anything on NL without mentioning Ikwerre will somebody die in Igboland.

Ikwerre this, Ikwerre that. Is it a crime for Igbos to stay on their own. I hate pettiness. Ikwerre does not care or talk about Igbos. Ikwerres do not want any association or brotherhood with Igbos yet Igbos will not respect themselves and stay their fvcking lane.

Igbos breathe and live Ikwerre. This type of shameful behavior leaves little to be desired... and I can bet my naira that we haven't heard the last of Ikwerre is IGBO on NL.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by MzErica(f): 8:15am On Jul 08, 2017
Amarabae:
Good Day All!
Happy Sallah To My Muslim Friends!
-
If you go into the street of Nigeria and ask, who is a Niger Deltan?
95% of respondents will likely fail the question.
The Reason for this write up is that some Peoples ignorantly love to use the phrase "IGBOS and NIGER DELTANS".
Its wrong and an embarrasement to the intellectual mindset.
-
First, What is a Delta?
A Delta is a Land area where a River spread into diverse tributuaries before emptying into an Ocean or Sea.
-
Niger Delta is the delta of River Nigeria.
The USA has Mississippi Delta.
The China has Yangtze Delta.
The Egypt has Nile delta.
And so on.
-
In Nigeria, How Is A Niger Deltan identified, lets examine it in three ways and then solve the Igbos and Niger Delta Question.
-
1) Niger Delta as Oil Producing Areas?- If Niger Delta is classified by Oil Producing Areas, that mean Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, Urhobos etc are part of it.
- Yorubas produce Oil in Ondo state.
- Igbos have Oil producing areas in Ukwa areas of Abia, Egbema, Asa/Ndoki, Oguta, Ogbaru, Ndoni, Omuma, Etche etc.
-
So if it is classified by Oil producing areas, that means all ethnic groups in southern Nigeria are Niger Deltans.
-
2) Niger Deltans As South South States?- This is the classification many use to define Niger Deltan.
And they even Ignorantly think Igbos are not part of it.
I am an Asa lady from Oyigbo LGA In Rivers state.
I am proudly Igbo and Niger Deltan.
Also the Ndokis, Ndoni, Etches, Egbemas etc are also Oil producing areas in South South and they are part of the Igbo Nation.
Ikwerre, Ogba and Ekpeye may be a battleground of identity issue but they are of Igboid stock.
So you see if we use South South as classification of Niger deltan, IGBOS are part and parcel of it.
-
3) Niger Deltan By Virtue Of Geographical Location?
If we go by this classification, that means Edo and Cross River people are not Niger deltans, because there is no delta of the River Niger in their location.
If we go by this classification, that means IGBOS are fully part of the Niger Delta.
-
My Final submission is that trying to create Niger Delta without mentioning IGBOS is a big FRAUD.
There are Igbos in the term "NIGER DELTA".
Even the River Niger is a dermacation between two Igbo Cities Onitsha and Asaba.
-
The days of divide and conquer are fading away.
I am an Asa/Ndoki person.
Oyigbo is my LGA!
Rivers is my state.
IGBO is my ethnic nation.
And Yes I am a Niger Deltan just like my fellow Igbos like Etches, Ndonis, Egbemas, Ogbarus, Ogutas, etc.
Thank you all.

Your write-up is trashy!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by MrCork: 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2017
Amarabae:
Good Day All!
-
The Reason for this write up is that some Peoples ignorantly love to use the phrase "IGBOS and NIGER DELTANS".
-
First, What is a Delta?
A Delta is a Land area where a River spread into diverse tributuaries before emptying into an Ocean or Sea.
-
And so on.
-
In Nigeria, How Is A Niger Deltan identified, lets examine it in three ways and then solve the Igbos and Niger Delta Question.
-
1) Niger Delta as Oil Producing Areas?- If Niger Delta is classified by Oil Producing Areas, that mean Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, Urhobos etc are part of it.
- Igbos have Oil producing areas in Ukwa areas of Abia, Egbema, Asa/Ndoki, Oguta, Ogbaru, Ndoni, Omuma, Etche etc.
-
So if it is classified by Oil producing areas, that means all ethnic groups in southern Nigeria are Niger Deltans.
-
2) Niger Deltans As South South States?- This is the classification many use to define Niger Deltan.
Also the Ndokis, Ndoni, Etches, Egbemas etc are also Oil producing areas in South South and they are part of the Igbo Nation.
Ikwerre, Ogba and Ekpeye may be a battleground of identity issue but they are of Igboid stock.
So you see if we use South South as classification of Niger deltan, IGBOS are part and parcel of it.
-
If we go by this classification, that means Edo and Cross River people are not Niger deltans, because there is no delta of the River Niger in their location.
If we go by this classification, that means IGBOS are fully part of the Niger Delta.
-
My Final submission is that trying to create Niger Delta without mentioning IGBOS is a big FRAUD.
Even the River Niger is a dermacation between two Igbo Cities Onitsha and Asaba.
-
Oyigbo is my LGA!
Rivers is my state.
And Yes I am a Niger Deltan just like my fellow Igbos like Etches, Ndonis, Egbemas, Ogbarus, Ogutas, etc.
Thank you all.

...can I kiss ? cheesy
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by kozmicity: 11:24pm On Jul 26, 2017
Amarabae:
Good Day All!
-
-
First, What is a Delta?
-
And so on.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Oyigbo is my LGA!
Rivers is my state.
Thank you all.

New name...Biafra...

Thanks for yhur help dear
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by reality1010: 11:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
victorvezx:

95% of Nigerians have heard and know where Niger delta is. Whether igbos are there changes nothing. There are many tribes there too. It is very distinct from the south east. South south is Edo, Rivers state, Delta state, Akwa ibom state, Bayelsa state, and cross river state. The real Niger Delta is Delta state, Akwa ibom state, Rivers state and Bayelsa. Imo state, Ondo state and Abia state where only included in Niger delta by Obasanjo as oil producing states, they are not real Niger delta in the sense of it
What makes Delta,Akwa Ibom, Edo, River and Bayelsa states excluding States in South East?She s telling u about her ethnic group and u r busy discussing about political boundaries created by d govt.The problem is that illerates and educated iliterates from Yoruba and Hausa land r d ones been decieved.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 27, 2017
reality1010:

What makes Delta,Akwa Ibom, Edo, River and Bayelsa states excluding States in South East?She s telling u about her ethnic group and u r busy discussing about political boundaries created by d govt.The problem is that illerates and educated iliterates from Yoruba and Hausa land r d ones been decieved.

when you have access to the internet but can only find wikipedia like articles and sites even when you have baccalaureate degree .. your worse than an illiterate.
@amarabae @reality1010 et.al
The recent Niger Delta Development Bill defines the Niger Delta to include the SouthSouth geo-political zone, comprising Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River States, and the neighboring oil producing parts of Ondo, Abia and Imo States.

Omofonmwan, S. I., & Odia, L. O. (2009). Oil exploitation and conflict in the Niger-Delta region of Nigeria. Journal of Human Ecology, 26(1), 25-30.

Like @sarrki said ... tribes that identify themselves as Igbo are a minority in the Niger-Delta

source: population.gov.ng
note: I simply subtracted the states with towns having Igbo heritage. Rivers and Delta have non-Ibo speaking communes and Ibo speaking.
Abia and Imo are 99% Ibo.
This is just a check to see if further research is advisable. If someone can furnish is with towns that identify themselves as ibo in Rivers and Delta we can have a much clear estimation of the alleged Igboness of the Niger-Delta "today".
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Maxberg(m): 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
permit:
. Am getin d logic here!

Aunty Amarabae well done huh.. You are really doing a good job by telling your igbo folks the delusions they want to hear... Carry on dear while the fact and truth remains.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Arewa Forum Condemns Attack On Fulani In South West / Boko Haram Loses Fighters As Air Force, Army Repel Attack On Bita Village / Attack On Igbos In Bayelsa Is Highly Disgraceful And Condemnable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.