Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? (33097 Views)

Ibos Committed Pogrom And Genocide On Our Race, Niger Deltan Region / The Crocodile A Niger Delta Man Killed (Photo) / Please As A Niger Deltan I Support For The Seperation Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by SaviTar(m): 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

Hahaha you are funny. You think people who do not speak your language will be one and the same with you? Hahahaha it's best Igbo nation try to look beyond Niger Delta, if not another failure awaits Kanu and the rest cheesy

Good luck to you all, as for me I remain

Proudly Nigerian

face your Nigeria and your tribe.
Look at the map closely....the ethnic groups and the land they own are duly noted in the maps.
The map excluded Ijaw,Itsekiri,Urgbobo.....take a closer look at that map.
I only gave you map of Igboland....which is Igbo speaking communities in Nigeria....are you trying to tell me that Ikwere,Ibulu Ukwu etc do not speak Igbo?
What language do they speak?
I dont make silly argument because of sentiments....i back it with facts and figures.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by GodIsBiafran: 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
menwongo:

[s]Hahahhahajhahahabahah
You said Akwa Ibom State is more of SE?
Hahahahahhahahhaba
My dear Akwa Ibom State is the main SS. Check your map[/s]

SMH - Another Edo/Yoruba claiming Akwa Ibom. Sad. So sad.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
define whatever you want op....Rivers will never go with biafra!!!neither will other states of the south south go with them.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by GodIsBiafran: 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
menwongo:

[s]Yes oooo
As an Ibibio man I can never identify with Biafra. If Nigeria be divided we have our Niger delta republic[/s]

When did you become Ibibio? Are you not the same Kunle from Osun state? Please my friend stop lying. Real Ibibios are Biafrans

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by biz2get(m): 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
ppengland:
Ova sabi sabi killing us in d South East... Minority Igbos in d region wnt to b called Niger Daltan pls cut dem off too

Cut them off from where...?

They are all Igbo's...., they are One.

Why don't you come and cut the West.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by GodIsBiafran: 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
Pidgin2:

[s]Hahaha you are funny. You think people who do not speak your language will be one and the same with you? Hahahaha it's best Igbo nation try to look beyond Niger Delta, if not another failure awaits Kanu and the rest cheesy

Good luck to you all, as for me I remain

Proudly Nigerian[/s]

Yoruba girl - stick to Ogbomosho issues and leave Biafran (SS/SE) issues to Biafrans.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by emi14: 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
victorvezx:

95% of Nigerians have heard and know where Niger delta is. Whether igbos are there changes nothing. There are many tribes there too. It is very distinct from the south east. South south is Edo, Rivers state, Delta state, Akwa ibom state, Bayelsa state, and cross river state. The real Niger Delta is Delta state, Akwa ibom state, Rivers state and Bayelsa. Imo state, Ondo state and Abia state where only included in Niger delta by Obasanjo as oil producing states, they are not real Niger delta in the sense of it
Your myopic mind didn't allow you to mention Anambra state in your "how I wish" comment.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by GodIsBiafran: 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
danidee10:
[s]The truth of the matter is that the OP is correct.

But we all know the reason why the Igbos are suddenly interested in the Niger Delta. cheesy

There are Yorubas in Edo State but can they lay claim to the whole Edo state or use that to Unite the two states? No because they're a minority there.

That's exactly what the Igbos are trying to do. Yes they have minority Igbo groups there, but you can't use that as a reason to claim Unity.

Even if the minority Igbos there want to reunite with the majority outside the Niger Delta that's fine. (I know the ikwerres don't want to)

But the other tribes in the Niger Delta Don't want to unite with the Igbo's....Simple smiley

WE NO WANT UNA....THE MINORITY CAN CARVE OUT THEIR LAND AND GO BACK TO THEIR BROTHERS, BUT I KNOW NO IJAW, BINI, ITSEKIRI, ISOKO, URHOBO WANTS TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE IGBOS[/s].

Another Yoruba man
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by saintandsinnerz: 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
Amarabae:
wow, so this thread has reached frontpage.
thats good
Nice thread, but if I'm to advise you I will tell you to desist from attacking Ipob. I'm Igbo and I'm also against Ipob including some tribes that doesn't have any connection with Igbos to the proposed Biafra republic but you won't see me arguing with them. I don't think the ogonis, Ijaws and Urhobos are anything near Igbo. So please, avoid Ipob threads if you can because if you're attacking Ipob they see it as if you're attacking the Igbos. Once again, nice thread.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by menwongo(m): 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2017
SaviTar:
This is the real map of Igboland before SS and SE was created.
Those pple who say that Rivers,Cross river,Delta is not part of Igboland is wasting their time.
Igboland is bigger than SE
Igboland is not SE only
If you look at the map closely you will see that the ethnic groups in those regions are clearly highlited.
No one is claiming land here,no one is eyeing oil,no one is talking about IPOB and Niger Delta Republic....
This the real map which was created according the cultures,tradition and common language which is 100% Igbo.
Politics may have divided us but nobody should spew lies on this thread without backing it up with facts and.
My brother Cross River state was never and will never be Igbo.
There is no tribe there that speaks Igbo same with Akwa Ibom State
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by GodIsBiafran: 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2017
achinice:
[s]define whatever you want op....Rivers will never go with biafra!!!neither will other states of the south south go with them[/s].
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by GodIsBiafran: 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2017
menwongo:

[s]My brother Cross River state was never and will never be Igbo.
There is no tribe there that speaks Igbo same with Akwa Ibom State[/s]

Keep kwayet you this Edo man. You can't speak for Akwa Ibom
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by menwongo(m): 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

When did you become Ibibio? Are you not the same Kunle from Osun state? Please my friend stop lying. Real Ibibios are Biafrans
Hahahahahha
Check my post history brother.
Am from Uruan and deals with palm oil.
Just check my threads I created since the day I joined NL so you can judge if am from Ibibio or not.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by bantudra: 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2017
Amarabae:
Good Day All!
Happy Sallah To My Muslim Friends!
-
If you go into the street of Nigeria and ask, who is a Niger Deltan?
95% of respondents will likely fail the question.
The Reason for this write up is that some Peoples ignorantly love to use the phrase "IGBOS and NIGER DELTANS".
Its wrong and an embarrasement to the intellectual mindset.
-
First, What is a Delta?
A Delta is a Land area where a River spread into diverse tributuaries before emptying into an Ocean or Sea.
-
Niger Delta is the delta of River Nigeria.
The USA has Mississippi Delta.
The China has Yangtze Delta.
The Egypt has Nile delta.
And so on.
-
In Nigeria, How Is A Niger Deltan identified, lets examine it in three ways and then solve the Igbos and Niger Delta Question.
-
1) Niger Delta as Oil Producing Areas?- If Niger Delta is classified by Oil Producing Areas, that mean Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, Urhobos etc are part of it.
- Yorubas produce Oil in Ondo state.
- Igbos have Oil producing areas in Ukwa areas of Abia, Egbema, Asa/Ndoki, Oguta, Ogbaru, Ndoni, Omuma, Etche etc.
-
So if it is classified by Oil producing areas, that means all ethnic groups in southern Nigeria are Niger Deltans.
-
2) Niger Deltans As South South States?- This is the classification many use to define Niger Deltan.
And they even Ignorantly think Igbos are not part of it.
I am an Asa lady from Oyigbo LGA In Rivers state.
I am proudly Igbo and Niger Deltan.
Also the Ndokis, Ndoni, Etches, Egbemas etc are also Oil producing areas in South South and they are part of the Igbo Nation.
Ikwerre, Ogba and Ekpeye may be a battleground of identity issue but they are of Igboid stock.
So you see if we use South South as classification of Niger deltan, IGBOS are part and parcel of it.
-
3) Niger Deltan By Virtue Of Geographical Location?
If we go by this classification, that means Edo and Cross River people are not Niger deltans, because there is no delta of the River Niger in their location.
If we go by this classification, that means IGBOS are fully part of the Niger Delta.
-
My Final submission is that trying to create Niger Delta without mentioning IGBOS is a big FRAUD.
There are Igbos in the term "NIGER DELTA".
Even the River Niger is a dermacation between two Igbo Cities Onitsha and Asaba.
-
The days of divide and conquer are fading away.
I am an Asa/Ndoki person.
Oyigbo is my LGA!
Rivers is my state.
IGBO is my ethnic nation.
And Yes I am a Niger Deltan just like my fellow Igbos like Etches, Ndonis, Egbemas, Ogbarus, Ogutas, etc.
Thank you all.

you with your twisted mind...you cant fool the darkside.....!

since when Muslim become your friend??...

you always abuse them day and night....
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by menwongo(m): 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

SMH - Another Edo/Yoruba claiming Akwa Ibom. Sad. So sad.
The way your elders told you how northerners have been maltreating you people same goes for here.

Our elders also told us how you people laugh and mock them when they speak English. Now tell me how we can trust you people.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by jboi81(m): 5:14pm On Jun 29, 2017
[quote author=Amarabae post=57846745] hahahaha. Its like this threat shocked you.
Go back and read the intellectual definition of Niger Delta.
Obasanjo ke, Obasanjo ni.

Don't mind him, instead of him to go read it out, he has something else in his mind.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by LaExpert: 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2017
ZaraGift:

THERE ARE NO YORUBA IN EDO
There are Yorubas who are indigenes of Edo state.
They're just a minority anyway.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Donkalio: 5:32pm On Jun 29, 2017
The igbo's are NOT and can never be part of the Niger-Delta. If this country wants to divide, it wil not just divide into 2, it wil split into particles. If i have to start telling you about the ijaw's ethnic nationality that makes-up the Niger-Delta, you wil know that they are far bigger than the igbo's.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by jboi81(m): 5:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
victorvezx:

Ur forgetting one thing, igbos are minorities in the Niger delta like the rest of the tribes there, so they don't own Niger delta. and all this tribes don't share the same ideology with the igbos, when they really gather together and become united in the in a course, the little Igbo sub groups there will do nothing. They will have no ally in the Niger delta, they will have to join the other tribes and fight for the same course, or move back to t
he south east and be with their brothers.

God have mercy, can't you just let the igbos be? Must you always be on their matter, take time to even study, we did geography! Or get even a geography textbook,, and study Nigeria map, the one before the war and after, and again no one should be dragged into biafra, the five igbo state should agitate and let any other igbo region out it;decide on their own to be part of it simple.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by danidee10(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

Another Yoruba man

Why do u allow ur hate for the Hausa and Yoruba Folks Blind you and becloud ur reasoning?

Anyone that doesn't support ur view is immediately tagged Yoruba or Hausa....that's why they call u guys Igbos, Igbos and Unity beggars. Some of u behave like u brain is truly Flat.

Is it by force to Unite with the Igbos. We don't don't trust the Igbos because they're very dubious. They're good and reasonable people among you.
But we're not ready for experiments.

Just take ur Biafra and go.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2017
Amarabae:
Good Day All!
Happy Sallah To My Muslim Friends!
-
If you go into the street of Nigeria and ask, who is a Niger Deltan?
95% of respondents will likely fail the question.
The Reason for this write up is that some Peoples ignorantly love to use the phrase "IGBOS and NIGER DELTANS".
Its wrong and an embarrasement to the intellectual mindset.
-
First, What is a Delta?
A Delta is a Land area where a River spread into diverse tributuaries before emptying into an Ocean or Sea.
-
Niger Delta is the delta of River Nigeria.
The USA has Mississippi Delta.
The China has Yangtze Delta.
The Egypt has Nile delta.
And so on.
-
In Nigeria, How Is A Niger Deltan identified, lets examine it in three ways and then solve the Igbos and Niger Delta Question.
-
1) Niger Delta as Oil Producing Areas?- If Niger Delta is classified by Oil Producing Areas, that mean Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, Urhobos etc are part of it.
- Yorubas produce Oil in Ondo state.
- Igbos have Oil producing areas in Ukwa areas of Abia, Egbema, Asa/Ndoki, Oguta, Ogbaru, Ndoni, Omuma, Etche etc.
-
So if it is classified by Oil producing areas, that means all ethnic groups in southern Nigeria are Niger Deltans.
-
2) Niger Deltans As South South States?- This is the classification many use to define Niger Deltan.
And they even Ignorantly think Igbos are not part of it.
I am an Asa lady from Oyigbo LGA In Rivers state.
I am proudly Igbo and Niger Deltan.
Also the Ndokis, Ndoni, Etches, Egbemas etc are also Oil producing areas in South South and they are part of the Igbo Nation.
Ikwerre, Ogba and Ekpeye may be a battleground of identity issue but they are of Igboid stock.
So you see if we use South South as classification of Niger deltan, IGBOS are part and parcel of it.
-
3) Niger Deltan By Virtue Of Geographical Location?
If we go by this classification, that means Edo and Cross River people are not Niger deltans, because there is no delta of the River Niger in their location.
If we go by this classification, that means IGBOS are fully part of the Niger Delta.
-
My Final submission is that trying to create Niger Delta without mentioning IGBOS is a big FRAUD.
There are Igbos in the term "NIGER DELTA".
Even the River Niger is a dermacation between two Igbo Cities Onitsha and Asaba.
-
The days of divide and conquer are fading away.
I am an Asa/Ndoki person.
Oyigbo is my LGA!
Rivers is my state.
IGBO is my ethnic nation.
And Yes I am a Niger Deltan just like my fellow Igbos like Etches, Ndonis, Egbemas, Ogbarus, Ogutas, etc.
Thank you all.

Madam,how come no Anioma I.e ukwuani here?
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by danidee10(m): 5:54pm On Jun 29, 2017
ZaraGift:

THERE ARE NO YORUBA IN EDO

Then what is Akoko Edo

Are they Igbo.....mtchewwww
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Dedetwo(m): 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
Abagworo:
Niger Delta in the context applied in Nigeria refers strictly to Southern minorities. All these long grammar is unnecessary.

The term, Niger Deltan, is a figment of idiotic imagination such as the ones you bear.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by danidee10(m): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
LaExpert:

There are Yorubas who are indigenes of Edo state.

They're just a minority anyway.

Now just imagine the greater Yorubas trying to claim the whole Edo as Yoruba because of the little Minority there.

That's exactly what Igbos are trying to do to the Niger Delta Region.

Borders can never be Drawn perfectly, Similar groups would of people will definitely be Divided. Its up to them to Decide where they Belong if the borders need to be marked out again.

Igbos just want to use style and attach themselves to Niger Delta because of OIL WEALTH

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by jboi81(m): 6:14pm On Jun 29, 2017
victorvezx:

Ok tell me, if all the minority tribes join together to agitate Niger delta republic, will u igbos join too? Or u feel like taking orders from ur big brothers in the south east?

You're asking her to abandon her identity her tribe, you're asking to denial her root, for a false geographical arrangement? So Amara will abandon Emeka and be with okon to have a country? You don't really seem to understand, she broke this tonic down already for you to adequately understand, you seems to be mixing it up, bro I don't even know how to help out here, see in a situation biafra becomes a country,and south south, becomes a country, I don't want to say Niger delta because it's twisted, all the igbo speaking areas will have no choice but to align with there identity and they will do that with their population density and landmass, they be majority with biafra but minority with south south, they can never be differentiated in biafra ,because their identity automatically syncs them together, I hope I'm clear a little.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by jboi81(m): 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2017
freshest4live:

Why can't they have a Niger Delta republic, if they choose to? Igbo is minority in many of the southern states except the south east. Let the igbos conduct the referendum amongst themselves then their brothers in the south south can become dual citizens.
But l know you Igbo's want all of those states, so what happens to all of the non igboid ethnic groups all over?

Igbos won't want to let go their people that are carved into south south, so willingly those igbos will decide if they want to be part of biafra or not, it's every right of the people of south south to have their own country, it can be Niger delta for sure, whatever they want.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

List Of 74 Political Parties Deregistered By INEC / Aisha Buhari Endorses Bola Tinubu For President / Abia Launches New Urban Taxi Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.