Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,278 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. (68139 Views)

Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / Lady Tells Her Mother She Is Pregnant, Did Abortion. Watch Her Mum's Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 01, 2017

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by JFT24(m): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
NoToPile:

I understand your opinion and I respect that but that doesn't mean we shouldn't state facts , based on what he wrote in his story that child is most likely his, one has to state how the medical peeps tend to count pregnancy.

wifey cheating or not is another thing entirely , she gave him the oportunity to think like that because of her actions he should not have confronted her about the paternity that was a very bad step, he should have opened a thread like this ( if he cant go through the pains of going through google) asked if its possible for scan to say 7weeks, he would have gotten some sensible explanation and then he should have kept his cool, confront wifey about the Chats ONLY that hes not okay with them and save up for a DNA test after the baby is born to remove all doubts .

I believe you know the gravity of that accusation, Do you know what it means even for the baby involved. I

Accusations like that should b back up with concrete evidence .

His major mistake is not carrying out reasearch and keeping his cool, emotions should not rule a man. One needs to be wise and patient in issues like this because its just too sensitive.

Now he has put his marriage in problem because of little indescretion whatever the result of that DNA test his marriage won't be the same again. A large percentage of women will never forget that accusation. It will take the grace of God for someone who is truly innocent to forget the matter

uhmmmmmmmm. Food for thought. Just patience! and patience!!!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
jomoh:

Golden rule! never ever doubt the paternity of a pregnancy before birth except you're 100percent sure. What if she terminates the pregnancy and claim she had a miscariage? Then you will never know if she's been cheating on you.
Secondly what if the child turns out to be yours. Nobody ever want to hear the story that his father doubted his paternity during pregnancy.

Have you tried to do another scan somewhere else to get a second opinion about it and if possible a third opinion(scan). The first scan result could be wrong.

Even though there's evidence to be doubtful but not enough to confront your wife.

If the second and third opinion says the same thing then you can wait till after the birth of the child for a proper test.

Also the gyneacologist might not be the one she's cheating on you with, he might be the one she went to for advice after having sex and discovering that she might be pregnant.

Is your wife in the medical line? if not, why is she on a 6months training with a gyneacologist? Try and get to know if truly they were in the same training.

Also what are the odds that she made friends with a gynaecologist in training and she became pregnant shortly after the training then the first person she complain of a stomach pain to was a gyneacologist and not a general practitioner.

It's good to conclude in your mind with these evidences but you shouldn't have confronted her because your suspicion might turn out to be false.
Yours' is the most intelligent post I have read here. Sometimes our inability to control our emotions rob us of the opportunity to make interesting discoveries about the people around us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Cassie75: 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2017
Stallione:
If i shld be in urs shoes,i will insist on paternity test after delivery.She dare not make ur life hell,afterall why would a guy call her luv,etc.Dats rubbish abeg...!!!!
Off topic.....pls where can I download Moana....heard from one birdie that u downloaded it....note I use an apple iPad..cheers
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Stallione(m): 12:30am On Jul 05, 2017
Cassie75:

Off topic.....pls where can I download Moana....heard from one birdie that u downloaded it....note I use an apple iPad..cheers
Lol,go to fzmovies.com or u can still go thru google n type download moana,search n follow the guideline.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Cassie75: 11:51am On Jul 05, 2017
Stallione:
Lol,go to fzmovies.com or u can still go thru google n type download moana,search n follow the guideline.

Let me check it out...tnx

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by freshbear(m): 8:07pm On Jul 05, 2017
Angelyna:
Hi Mr, firstly I think you don't love or trust your wife a bit,
actually you thought you did... A marriage of just 18months? I fear your home will have enough ups and downs. See go and write today's day down, you will be sorry you ever doubted your wife, if I were the wife, I swear I'll make life miserable for you after the confirmation of the paternity... Some of you men are still boys but you jump into marriage. Fine! You saw your wife chat with another guy but to me it doesn't call for doubting the paternity. Those people advising you to chase her out, they're still mama's boy so what advice can they give.... In short I'm vexing right now... Enough said sha... You guys still have a long way to go and more work to do
I pity d man DAT will put a dunce and a f.o.ol like u in his house.Tufia!!!

9 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by skressed1: 5:15am On Aug 07, 2017
Wait until the baby is born and do a DNA test. As others have mentioned, don't speak on it until then just try and continue as normal but know in your heart it's a matter of time until the truth will be confirmed, that way you will know.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by gabazin080(m): 8:56pm On Jan 05, 2018
MemphisRaynes:
Hi, please I need honest and mature contribution on this matter. I love my wife so much, and I don't want to have a failed marriage, not so early.

My marriage is only 18months old. This is my wife's first Pregnancy, but I am having serious concerns about the paternity of the baby.

I trust(ed) my wife with all my heart and soul. She was away on a Job training for 6 months. The training finished on May 19th and we made love same day. She told me she last saw her period in May 16th so we both assumed she was in her safe period by May 19th before we made love. Actually we didn't want pregnancy or a baby yet because we are strained by resources for now.

My wife started complaining of strong tummy pain, plus her period hadn't shown up by June 12, so we went for a Pregnancy test and she was confirmed Pregnant. In fact the Lab attendant told me she is very pregnant. Days after I went through her chat while she was asleep and came across her chat with some guy, the chat was very suspicious. Actually the said guy is a Gynecologist, so she had told him she was Pregnant immediately after the test so as to get medical advice. In this chat the guy called my wife "luv", "dearie", talked about she visiting him, and my wife's response was to play along. At some point she even said she can't wait to visit the guy. The height of it was when the guy asked "how is our baby doing?"

I could not control my emotions after reading their chat, so I confronted my wife. She claim the guy was her best friend, that they met at her training. Actually she has always freely spoken to the guy via phone in my presence before this event so I had no suspicions until I read their chat. We quarrelled and she cried and cried swearing that she has never been with any man but me. She said she was heart broken I am doubting the paternity of her Pregnancy.

On June 26th, we were at the hospital for ultrasound scan and medical check up. The Ultra sound scan report says the pregnancy was 7weeks and 6days on June 26th. Now remember we first met on May 19th after about 6 months, also remember May 19th was three days after her period ended, she was supposed to be in her safe period. Now Let's assume she conceived on May 19th, between May 19th and June 26th is not upto 7weeks and 6days. Again I confronted her with these facts and she's been very emotional, she threatened that we must do paternity test after the baby is born to prove me wrong, she also warned that she will make my life hell after that test for doubting her faithfulness to me.

Please I don't know what to do next, my doubt is not fading because the numbers and events don't add up, I need useful suggestions please. Kindly note that I trust and love my wife, a part of me believes the baby is mine, its the maths that don't add up, and her chat with her Gynecologist best friend that keeps fueling my doubt. What is the best way to handle my situation?
so has your wife giving birth

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by ennyj01(m): 1:04pm On Jan 07, 2018
lol, calm down, ur blood deh hot
gabazin080:
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by NoToPile: 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2018
gabazin080:

Nairalanders ehn, loool

She should be due in February.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by obataokenwa(m): 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
MemphisRaynes

We are still waiting eagerly to hear the breaking news.

I pray it will turn to good news for you.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by gabazin080(m): 7:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
NoToPile:

Nairalanders ehn, loool
She should be due in February.
na u b d husband?
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2018
So that text message is "the more u look the less u see" . Dear God make my future wife genuinely fear u above any other thing bcoz that's the only way i can be safe...These women sha

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by MummyIMadeIt: 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
Happy new year to my married colleague, please I just wanna know what's the recent development concerning your issue.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by NoToPile: 7:38am On Jan 10, 2018
gabazin080:
na u b d husband?

grin grin grin

Once you know a woman's last menstrual period you can calculate the expected date of delivery, there are apps that can help you or you just count 40 weeks.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by baldman: 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2018
Oga, please carefully retrace your steps and make peace with your wife by all means. If your answer to all of the following question is a yes.

Did your wife's period end on 16th May 2017?
Does the 16th May 2017 date tally with your wife's menstrual cycle? I know that may be difficult to answer but check if she has the period app)
Did her period start sometimes around 12th May 2017?
Did 19th May 2017 amount to about 10days into your wife's cycle?
Check the internet, does this fall remotely within the fertile window?

I am sure ( as do I) that you still have some doubts. Do not make noise about the DNA test or anything. Just keep playing along until she delivers and you can ascertain the DNA. If you keep threatening, you life could be in danger. In my experience, baby's that has doubtful paternity usually give the identity of the father away by their appearance.

Another theory.

Also ask your wife how many days did her period which ended on 16th May 2017 last and if that was the regular number of days. If she mentioned that it was a bit shorter than usual, it could be an implantation bleeding which meant that she had sex and conceived about two weeks earlier so the bleeding she saw was not a period flow.

Your wife may need to own up on the inappropriate discussion with her friend but the reference to 'our baby' is a typical usage of Doctors when they are speaking with pregnant women.

I pray that the Lord will uphold you Bro.

MemphisRaynes:
Hi, please I need honest and mature contribution on this matter. I love my wife so much, and I don't want to have a failed marriage, not so early.

My marriage is only 18months old. This is my wife's first Pregnancy, but I am having serious concerns about the paternity of the baby.

I trust(ed) my wife with all my heart and soul. She was away on a Job training for 6 months. The training finished on May 19th and we made love same day. She told me she last saw her period in May 16th so we both assumed she was in her safe period by May 19th before we made love. Actually we didn't want pregnancy or a baby yet because we are strained by resources for now.

My wife started complaining of strong tummy pain, plus her period hadn't shown up by June 12, so we went for a Pregnancy test and she was confirmed Pregnant. In fact the Lab attendant told me she is very pregnant. Days after I went through her chat while she was asleep and came across her chat with some guy, the chat was very suspicious. Actually the said guy is a Gynecologist, so she had told him she was Pregnant immediately after the test so as to get medical advice. In this chat the guy called my wife "luv", "dearie", talked about she visiting him, and my wife's response was to play along. At some point she even said she can't wait to visit the guy. The height of it was when the guy asked "how is our baby doing?"

I could not control my emotions after reading their chat, so I confronted my wife. She claim the guy was her best friend, that they met at her training. Actually she has always freely spoken to the guy via phone in my presence before this event so I had no suspicions until I read their chat. We quarrelled and she cried and cried swearing that she has never been with any man but me. She said she was heart broken I am doubting the paternity of her Pregnancy.

On June 26th, we were at the hospital for ultrasound scan and medical check up. The Ultra sound scan report says the pregnancy was 7weeks and 6days on June 26th. Now remember we first met on May 19th after about 6 months, also remember May 19th was three days after her period ended, she was supposed to be in her safe period. Now Let's assume she conceived on May 19th, between May 19th and June 26th is not upto 7weeks and 6days. Again I confronted her with these facts and she's been very emotional, she threatened that we must do paternity test after the baby is born to prove me wrong, she also warned that she will make my life hell after that test for doubting her faithfulness to me.

Please I don't know what to do next, my doubt is not fading because the numbers and events don't add up, I need useful suggestions please. Kindly note that I trust and love my wife, a part of me believes the baby is mine, its the maths that don't add up, and her chat with her Gynecologist best friend that keeps fueling my doubt. What is the best way to handle my situation?
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by obataokenwa(m): 7:31am On Mar 18, 2018
MemphisRaynes

Has she put to birth?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Coldplay007(f): 6:38am On Mar 19, 2018
I hope somebody has said this.. ultrasound scan is not very accurate.. usually in early pregnancy there is a allowance of + or - 2 weeks which is still not very accurate. it is also calculated from the last menstrual period, not from the day of sex..

I hope you have not destroyed your marriage with this accusation..
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by ricki: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
MemphisRaynes:

update
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by ricki: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
MemphisRaynes:

akpan update us na

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by kinzd(m): 6:52am On Sep 25, 2019
MicroBox:
Op Are you sure you are old enough to be a husband?
You are expected to quietly play along all through this period, home kit paternity test is available everywhere, Both old and new technology are also available to know 99.9 percent of who the father is.
You have already damage but not destroy your marriage with this suspicion.
When I took my wife for Ultra Sound Scan test, our calculation is far different from the result in-terms of the date she concieve (weeks difference ) but I am keeping cool until....
Though I read that, Ultra Sound Scan result always come with Plus or Minus two weeks.
Please just go tell your wife that you are sorry and make sure she forget about it before putting to bed. Anytime she raise the issue, tell her that you're just so upset about the chat and nothing more. Definitely after she put yo bed, she will immediately ask you to go for the test. Please and please never forget to tell her that you are sorry that she should forget about that....
But Dude, Please secretly collect the specimen, run to the lab and be sure of the baby paternity.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by skywalker240(m): 7:02am On Sep 25, 2019
MemphisRaynes:

i hav been following d thread from page 1. Am guessing your baby all grown up, Hope the DNA test spoked in your favour, if so i continue to wish you a happy and blissfull married life, if you can update us so we can know how to build trust and cautiosness in our various relationships. One love. cheesy
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by patani(m): 7:36am On Sep 25, 2019
skywalker240:

i hav been following d thread from page 1. Am guessing your baby all grown up, Hope the DNA test spoked in your favour, if so i continue to wish you a happy and blissfull married life, if you can update us so we can know how to build trust and cautiosness in our various relationships. One love. cheesy

Seconded....We must hear the end of the story...

Or did OP fall for the emotional blackmail not to do DNA test?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by skywalker240(m): 7:59am On Sep 25, 2019
patani:

Seconded....We must hear the end of the story...

Or did OP fall for the emotional blackmail not to do DNA test?
I just hope for a happy ending for both of them, i mean positivity and trust rebuilt.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by faithfull18(f): 9:53am On Sep 25, 2019
Lol, Nairalanders and gist ehn.
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by patani(m): 11:28am On Sep 25, 2019
Coldplay007:
I hope somebody has said this.. ultrasound scan is not very accurate.. usually in early pregnancy there is a allowance of + or - 2 weeks which is still not very accurate. it is also calculated from the last menstrual period, not from the day of sex..

I hope you have not destroyed your marriage with this accusation..

Even at that, 16th to 26 of next mnth should be 6 weeks...and its better the DNA is done and no one should be emotionally blackmailed into training another man's child...Its a life time commitment
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by chenypat(f): 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2019
Hmmm! I think poster is wrongly accusing his wife, although I may be wrong.
You see, there are various ways you calculate the age of a pregnancy. You can use the gestational age by ultra scan, or you use the LMP- last menstrual cycle. Mind you the menstrual cycle is not calculated at the end of the period like you said "she last saw it on the 16". It is actually calculated at the beginning of the period. Give or take that's a week addition. In some calculation, 2 weeks is added to the actual date.
I know because of been pregnant 3times, I have 3 kids. I was even confuse myself with my first pregnancy.
All these guys saying all sorts may not understand this as well cos even many women don't.
I pray for peace in your home and forgiveness from your wife if it eventually turns out she was been truthful.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by chenypat(f): 12:08pm On Sep 25, 2019
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2019
Update please
Re: My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. by nellyelitz(m): 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2019
Opoki:

I really appreciate your information. I've started working on it since yesternight. Thank you and God bless you yafunyafun.
weldone bro, will need ur input when i'm ready to start mine, God will help us to choice better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court / A Giant Snake In My Roof. I Need A Snake Charmer To Remove It / Lady Features Her Dead Husband In Her Nude Maternity Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.