Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,219 members, 7,860,388 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses (15037 Views)

Bamidele Salam Challenges Fashola To 90-Day Road Travel Tour / 2019 Budget: Reps Threaten To Boycott Presentation Over Minister’s Remarks / Yemi Osinbajo Signs The 2017 Budget Bill Into Law (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by luvinhubby(m): 1:01pm On Jun 30, 2017
modsfucker:

Fashola explained that 2ob sometimes last week. He said that the amount was earmarked for any unforseen disasters as bridges collapse across the country etc that will not be provided for in the budget.

Have you ever heard of the word virement?

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by luvinhubby(m): 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
emerged01:

That's exactly how they want you to feel,but u should try understand the article very well,you will see the real reason why the Hausa reps are angry with Fashola. Agreed Fashola is a thief but try and understand the scenario.

I think you need to read inbetween lines, you starved a critical project like 2nd Niger bridge of funds and is budgetting 20billion for miscellaneous, why leave the known for the unknown?

Fashola is a smart thief.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by Frankbaro(m): 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2017
Fashola the thief, he's at it again

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by emerged01(m): 1:52pm On Jun 30, 2017
luvinhubby:

I think you need to read inbetween lines, you starved a critical project like 2nd Niger bridge of funds and is budgetting 20billion for miscellaneous, why leave the known for the unknown?

Why then did they cut the funds meant for 2nd Niger bridge if it is a critical project and not miscellaneous?
Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by deomelo: 2:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
Acidosis:

Dude cannot be wiser than over 200 Senators/Reps members.

The same clowns denied you your village bridge for decades just took away the funds for your village bridge and in effect once again denied you that bridge or any chance of it getting built anytime soon, but according to you, they are very wise for denying you progress and development..

Very soon you go shout marginalization, but you not only love to be marginalized and you also love and support the same people marginalizing you.

Funny how you don't even care that once again, the same Hausa people you hate so much keep denying you progress and development, but you care less just because you hate Fashola

Fact remains that Fashola stole more as a Governor than any living or dead Senator in Nigeria.

Abeg tell us how much he stole, from where and where he stashed the money....but I'm 100% sure you can not answer this question because it's a meaingless and hate question.

Fact is, Fashola has nothing to prove with your village bridge, he built the best bridge in the whole of west africa in less than 3 years while your own useless governors couldn't build your village bridge decades later.

You are the altimate loser, not the reps, senators or Fashola, you are. grin grin

Hared and needless bitterness is your greatest ebemy grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by luvinhubby(m): 3:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
emerged01:

Why then did they cut the funds meant for 2nd Niger bridge if it is a critical project and not miscellaneous?

That was Fashola's excuse.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by deomelo: 3:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
luvinhubby:

You mean they did not slash the budget for the bridge, Fashola made it up. grin grin
Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by denuga01: 3:41pm On Jun 30, 2017
duni04:
Fashola already explained the N20billion would be for unmitigated expenses like the two bridges that collapsed in the north earlier this month. Nobody planned for them to happen but because of their importance, they will have to be repaired this month. The minister said this much during the budget defence which was broadcast live. He even said it before those bridges collapsed and like a prophet, we actually do need this money to rebuild them ASAP.
Those thieves in the NA are just playing on the intelligence of Nigerians. They know the truth.

Unfortunately some illiterates on nairaland like the Reps doesn't know the meaning of contingencies and management reserves. For your information, reserves doesn't meant u will/must spend the money but to mitigate/workaround unplanned risk exposure due to whatever circumstances. Check more on Risk Management in PMBook.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by Acidosis(m): 3:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
deomelo:

The same clowns denied you your village bridge for decades just took away the funds for your village bridge and in effect once again denied you that bridge or any chance of it getting built anytime soon, but according to you, they are very wise for denying you progress and development..

Very soon you go shout marginalization, but you not only love to be marginalized and you also love and support the same people marginalizing you.

Funny how you don't even care that once again, the same Hausa people you hate so much keep denying you progress and development, but you care less just because you hate Fashola

Abeg tell us how much he stole, from where and where he stashed the money....but I'm 100% sure you can not answer this question because it's a meaingless and hate question.

Fact is, Fashola has nothing to prove with your village bridge, he built the best bridge in the whole of west africa in less than 3 years while your own useless governors couldn't build your village bridge decades later.

You are the altimate loser, not the reps, senators or Fashola, you are. grin grin

Hared and needless bitterness is your greatest ebemy grin grin

Look at this pig that has never left Ojota since 1993 claiming he knows my village. Kindly state my village here, or shut your trap.

I'm sure you don't know the difference between a village, a town and a state. Do I have a village? Yes, I'm 100% proud of my village and our people; I think that's commendable, far better than a lost slave with no root.

You better think twice if you think the word "village" can ever get o me. I actually love my village life more than anything in this world, lol grin grin

Now to your demi-god Babatunde Raji Fashola. I will say it over and over again, whether you like or not, that BRF is a fraudster. He built the largest bridge in West Africa, but unable the build the simplest thing (POWER) in 6 months grin

I'm almost certain the crack in your head has finally taken over a better part of you... You think I care about your useless shameless budget you signed midway 2017? You must be a very big f00l to think I'll spend a minute of my time believing the f00lery of your change administration.

Marginalization or not, I don't give a fck, I didn't vote for the criminal Minister and the aged, dying and reckless Londoner hypocrite. I therefore do not expect anything from those FAILURES.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by mapet: 3:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
greatiyk4u:
The reps members are just trying to save face

this question would have been appropriate if it was asked during budget defense

It seems most of these Legislathives don't even know what they are voted in to do for Nigerians

It just tells you how stu.pid and brain dumb some people that represent us have
Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by mapet: 4:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
luvinhubby:

emerged01: :

Did you choose to be sincerely daft and deluded or just plain ignorant? Is it when your brain is split open that you will comprehend?

A Fashola that cried to the world that your Senators/Reps slashed the budget of 2nd Niger Bridge inclusive of others is the one you interpreted to have removed it? Sometimes NL leaves you bewildered at the depth of some people's IQ...............
Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by luvinhubby(m): 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2017
mapet:

Did you choose to be sincerely daft and deluded or just plain ignorant? Is it when your brain is split open that you will comprehend?

A Fashola that cried to the world that your Senators/Reps slashed the budget of 2nd Niger Bridge inclusive of others is the one you interpreted to have removed it? Sometimes NL leaves you bewildered at the depth of some people's IQ...............
Hopefully you do not reason like the bigot you are because that is the only reason you talk like one.

Fashola cried to his people because Lagos-Ibadan expressway budget was slashed, despite the fact that there is a standing syndicated facility guaranteed by the budget for it. If the idiot of a bigot called Fashola cared so much for the 2nd Niger bridge, why did he overlook the budgetary provisions for it in 2016 and let the project lie dormant till date?

Your school fees was wasted, tell your parents to demand for a refund.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by deomelo: 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
Acidosis:

Marginalization or not, I don't give a fck, I didn't vote for the criminal Minister and the aged, dying and reckless Londoner hypocrite. I therefore do not expect anything from those FAILURES.

Look here miserable villager, we are on the same page because I've already stated that your villagers don't care you are marginalized or not or if you get the village bridge you've been begging for before your generation, all you acre about is hatred and how much you hate Fashola.

Btw, ignorant villager, power was privatized by your crooked PDP uncles and Jona so face the DISCO and GENCO clowns they sold your power assets to, Fashola is not DISCO or GENCO and while you are at it, tell your terrorists brothers in the DELTA to stop blowing up gas pipelines that powers your power plants.

ipob villagers and ignorance with hatred sabi go hand on hand sha.. grin grin
Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by emerged01(m): 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
mapet:

You are a doro f.o.o.l! If you are not you won't spit trash after you reading my posts trying to let someone here to have a positive view of Fashola's reaction. For real,I don't give a fucck about any silly politician,Fashola inclusive. I cherish good work,fucck politics. I'm not a dog of a politician as you are.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by mapet: 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
luvinhubby:

Hopefully you do not reason like the bigot you are because that is the only reason you talk like one.

Fashola cried to his people because Lagos-Ibadan expressway budget was slashed, despite the fact that there is a standing syndicated facility guaranteed by the budget for it. If the idiot of a bigot called Fashola cared so much for the 2nd Niger bridge, why did he overlook the budgetary provisions for it in 2016 and let the project lie dormant till date?

Fashola cried to his people? Gawd! How do you find it so seamless to be flawlessly daft? Ok let me attempt to help your seemingly irredemable plight

“That was the meeting we had with the Acting President and that was the reason why the budget was not signed on time. “We were ask to complete those abandoned projects; [b]the budget of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway was reduced by the National Assembly from N31 billion to N10 billion. “We are owing the contractors about N15 billion and they have written to us that they are going to shut down. “Also, the budget of the 2nd Niger bridge was reduced from N15 billion to N10 billion and about N3 billion or so was removed from the Okene-Lokoja-Abuja road budget.’’ Fashola added: “Everybody is complaining about power supply but they also cut the budget for Manbila power project and the Bodo bridge that connects the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Station was also cut and all these were also discussed.[/b]

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/fashola-raises-alarm-ministrys-2017-budget-irregularities/

When you choose to use words like "bigot", "waste of school fees", not only should you look at your forehead with the help of a mirror, look at the shame you've brought to humanity with your daftness that deserves to be patented

Your attempt to shift your faux pas just leads you to more moronic statements. What syndicated facility is guaranteed in the budget for Lagos Ibadan expressway? 2nd Niger bridge dormant till date? Well who am I to try do force sense into your head when a simple use of google is rocket science to you
Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by surgical: 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
luvinhubby:
A leopard will never change its skin, unfortunately this a bigger stage, the lagos/ibadan axis press cant cover his mess effectively like before

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by deomelo: 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
luvinhubby:

In the case of the Second Niger Bridge where one of the spokespersons alleged that the provision in 2016 budget was not spent and had to be returned, Mr. Fashola said that this displays very stark and worrisome gaps in knowledge of the spokesperson about the budget process he was addressing.

According to him, a budget is not cash. It is an approval of estimates of expenditure to be financed by cash from the Ministry of Finance.
“The Ministry of Finance has not yet released any cash for the Second Niger Bridge, so no money was returned.”

“Three phases of Early Works of piling and foundation was approved and financed by the previous government in the hope that a concession will finally be issued, which has not happened because concessionaires have not been able to raise finance.
“The continuation of Early Works IV could not start in May 2016 when the budget was passed because of high water level in the River Niger in the rainy season.
“The contract was only approved by the Federal Executive Council in the first quarter of 2017 and the contractor is awaiting payment.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/235148-%E2%80%8E2017-budget-ignorant-fashola-blasts-senate-house-spokespersons.html

To start with, no budget provisions was ignored and there was no cash budget for the bridge so how do you return what was never there in the first place.? grin

The only provision was budget estimate that was never funded by the finance ministry and on top of that, the contract for the bridge was just awarded this year, a few months ago and the contractor can not start work because of rain.

Btw, how do you even pay contractors that haven't been paid after slashing budgets left and right? grin grin

Like I said, hatred and ignorance be your worst enemy. grin grin

Instead of reading and educating yourself, you spend your nights and days on hatred and bigotry.

Since you are so ignorant regarding the topic of discussion and facts involved, you should worry more about the school fees your own parents wasted on you.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by deomelo: 4:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
mapet:

Sadly, we are saddled with these low intellect and poor mental quality people on NL. grin

1 Like

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by mapet: 4:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
emerged01:

You are a doro f.o.o.l! If you are not you won't spit trash after you reading my posts trying to let someone here to have a positive view of Fashola's reaction. For real,I don't give a fucck about any silly politician,Fashola inclusive. I cherish good work,fucck politics. I'm not a dog of a politician as you are.

....a loose canon with no intellect, just vile and useless. What has your post connoted and the necessity of it in the light of the fact that the issue raised by both you and the HOR member are as daft and stup.id as they come.

I am wondering who you are, your importance or whatever you are, beyond your unimpressive and unintelligent image here for me to care about your perception on any matter. Your choice of "doro" whatever gives me an impression of both your age-range and maturity, so I can only advise you to stand aside in discussion beyond your comprehension....as this is obviously is
Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by emerged01(m): 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
luvinhubby:

Mehn! That guy is an id.iot. I think this is the first time I was quoted by an idio.t. He took it very personal even when I'm on the passage with him. I'm not even a fan of fashola but just trying to reason with him,but he came out of nowhere attacking me thinking i was against fashola. See how I'd.iot reason on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by emerged01(m): 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
mapet:

....a loose canon with no intellect, just vile and useless. What has your post connoted and the necessity of it in the light of the fact that the issue raised by both you and the HOR member are as daft and stup.id as they come.

I am wondering who you are, your importance or whatever you are, beyond your unimpressive and unintelligent image here for me to care about your perception on any matter. Your choice of "doro" whatever gives me an impression of both your age-range and maturity, so I can only advise you to stand aside in discussion beyond your comprehension....as this is obviously is

I will say it again you are a matured doro fo.ol! How can you claimed to be a matured person,and go about attacking people on net to prove a point? You are truly a definition of nuisance.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2017
rozayx5:
Tinubu second name is

miscellanous

oh you dont know undecided undecided
grin grin you made me choke on what I was eating. Lmao

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by iluvdonjazzy: 5:35pm On Jun 30, 2017
luvinhubby:
na wao, after 8yrs as govr of lagos state for dat matter, fashola whats should be over 800billion naira.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by texazzpete(m): 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
madapcmod:

U mean there was no Biafra agitation under GEJ? Like seriously and why must every comment about buharis failure be abt GEJ? Tot buhari is for CHANGE? Y referring to a govt u all blvd failed and need change.

Has buhari failed too?

Yep. Buhari has failed.
But I still need an answer to my question.
Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by CharlotteFlair: 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
texazzpete:

But bros, Under GEJ zero naira was released for the second Niger bridge, but nobody did 'agitation'. I did not see you posting here about Biafra or whining about 'bigots'. Can you explain why?
Are you sure zero naira was released for the bridge under Jonathan? What you are saying in effect is that the project is a fresh one initiated by APC. Goan and get your facts right. I will come back for you after that

1 Like

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by CharlotteFlair: 6:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
madapcmod:

U mean there was no Biafra agitation under GEJ? Like seriously and why must every comment about buharis failure be abt GEJ? Tot buhari is for CHANGE? Y referring to a govt u all blvd failed and need change.

Has buhari failed too?

How can the dolt even say zero money was released during Jonathan's era when we all know the project is an ongoing one.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by CharlotteFlair: 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2017
emerged01:

Because the initial sum was bogus. I bet you, 4b will complete that bridge.
Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by CharlotteFlair: 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
Acidosis:

Look at this pig that has never left Ojota since 1993 claiming he knows my village. Kindly state my village here, or shut your trap.

I'm sure you don't know the difference between a village, a town and a state. Do I have a village? Yes, I'm 100% proud of my village and our people; I think that's commendable, far better than a lost slave with no root.

You better think twice if you think the word "village" can ever get o me. I actually love my village life more than anything in this world, lol grin grin

Now to your demi-god Babatunde Raji Fashola. I will say it over and over again, whether you like or not, that BRF is a fraudster. He built the largest bridge in West Africa, but unable the build the simplest thing (POWER) in 6 months grin

I'm almost certain the crack in your head has finally taken over a better part of you... You think I care about your useless shameless budget you signed midway 2017? You must be a very big f00l to think I'll spend a minute of my time believing the f00lery of your change administration.

Mehn! TKO! Deomelo do you need bandages and more iodine?

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by sshalom(m): 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2017
It is getting hot and very interesting - Fashola Vs Reps.
Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by luvinhubby(m): 7:23pm On Jun 30, 2017
sshalom:
It is getting hot and very interesting - Fashola Vs Reps.

Nothing is hot, the national assembly just exposed the bigot and crook in Fashola.

Imagine 20 billion for unnamed projects & 17 billion for an EIA.

That was how the criminal updated a site for 78 million & drilled 2 boreholes for 300 million.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses by madapcmod: 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
How can the dolt even say zero money was released during Jonathan's era when we all know the project is an ongoing one.

Don't mind him. The spate of work done there so far ended with GEJ tenure

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stolen Vehicles: Okorocha Gives Ihedioha Seven Days To Show Proof / Governors, Traditional Rulers Demand Special Protection For SW's Economy / From Obidient To ‘Emi Lokan’: Some Political Events That Rocked 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.