Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North (43135 Views)

Female Nigerian Soldier Praying With Her Rifle At The Battlefield. Photo / 2 Soldiers Dropped Their Guns & Knelt Down To Pray (Photo) / Police Replies Wike On "Plot To Plant Dollars And Guns In His Residence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by Actuarydeji(m): 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
CplusJason:
And you keep mistaking me for your father. grin
Anyway, I can't blame you sha. You're from the tribe that used to kick their fathers with legs in other to wake him up. "Papa stand up, abi you dey craze ne?"
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by CplusJason: 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
Actuarydeji:

Anyway, I can't blame you sha. You're from the tribe that used to kick their fathers with legs in other to wake him up. "Papa stand up, abi you dey craze ne?"
Lame as usual.

My friend go and slam your head on the concrete floor and stop mistaking me for your dad.

Furck Off boy. smiley

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by Arisheloaded(m): 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
Yaa Allah, protect our troops, Grant them victory over the wretched Boko Haram, destroy the household of Boko Haram allies, disgrace every terrorists and bless our dear nation (Nigeria). Ameen.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by adecz: 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
malware:

Educate me on how Christianity came to Nigeria... . The whites went on begging people to join it ba? Educate us how it was brought please.

Christianity was brought to West Africa
by missionaries on the back of European
trading companies like Royal Niger Company
UAC, John Holt & several others.

The missionaries came with Western Education
& Christian religion.

It is because you embraced their education
that you are here, with western invented phones
making comments with western language;
if not, you would have been an illiterate, farming
beans & cassava in one obscure village.

If the Christianity haf come with Islam style violence,
the whole North & Nigeria in general would
have been Christians, since the British
conquered & brought down the rampaging,
violence, bloodshed & slave raiding activities
of theso-called Sokoto Caliphate in 1903. But
they did not attempt to convert the conquered
Muslims to Christianity.

Name anywhere in Africa where Christianity
was forced on any country or community.
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
Actuarydeji:

You need more knowledge
perhaps you should educated me! grin
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
princessayesha:
Lol. They dont see soldiers protecting them, all they see is Muslims praying grin
protecting who? who are them? these so called soldiers ( terrorists and murderers) are certainly not protecting me besides I never asked for Their protections I don't need protections, protection from who? we need more love and peace not WAR! or protections.
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by jomoh: 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
adecz:

Have you heard of the "Jihad Of Othman Danfodio" (Secondary School history curriculum)? If you've
heard, tell us what it was about. If you haven't
heard oR read about it, then you should not
be commenting here.

We are not talking of sentiments here; these are
historical facts, bitter they may be.

The overblown lies your slave masters fed your throughout your childhood is still having effect on your present day thinking despite all the information available.

Is it Uthman Dan fodio that brought Islam to The S.W when The empire of queen Sheba was located in ogun state.

This is the same way guns and military were inserted into your primary books to brainwash everyone and promote violence.

Why don't you say something about the forced conversion to Christianity that want along with slavery?

Why don't you say something about terrorism originally starting from the Vatican?

Why don't you comment on US sponsoring ISIS against ASAD regime? Al-Qaeda against Sadam Husein?

Do you even know Japan started suicide bombing during the world II?

The divide and rule that the Christian west employs in the middle east by sponsoring and radicalising Islamic groups and illiterate converts all started when the west discovered that the middle east is sitting on 80% of the world oil.

Just mention an oil producing nation that is not under the control of the west that is peaceful but there are numerous Muslim countries that are relatively peaceful because they don't have crude oil.

You need to use your education and read between the lines. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. Go online and search for the book named "diary of an economic hitman" it should Emancipate you a bit.
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by ikemesit4477: 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
Photos of some Nigerian soldiers praying on a field during Jumaat prayer on Friday with their weapons well loaded by their side - have gone viral. Despite the unfavorable condition, the military men were seen carrying out their religious duty in the northern part of the country in a careful and cautious manner - not leaving anything to chance.

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/photos-gallant-nigerian-soldiers-praying-guns-north.html
I don't trust these people, they detonate bomb at anytime even after prayer!
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
adecz:
They say "Islam is a religion of peace".

But any part of Nigeria or Africa
that practice islam were forced into
the religion by war or Jihad.

You were given the choice to either
convert or be slaughtered.

Even as a Muslim today, if you feel you
no longer accept to continue in this
religion & want to leave it, it is members
of your family that will kill you for
trying to forsake the religion.

We are not being sentimental or insulting,
these are just plain historical & current facts.

So where is the " peace" in this religion??
Blood, blood, blood.

And how was northern Nigeria forced into Islam?
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
adecz:

Have you heard of the "Jihad Of Othman Danfodio" (Secondary School history curriculum)? If you've
heard, tell us what it was about. If you haven't
heard oR read about it, then you should not
be commenting here.

We are not talking of sentiments here; these are
historical facts, bitter they may be.

Uthman Dan fodio fought an Islamic jihad against Muslims. Northern Nigeria was already Islamic before Dan fodio. What he proposed was reforms. How can you force Muslims into becoming Muslims.

Islam came to the north peacefully through wangara traders and scholars from Mali a few centuries before Dan fodio was born.

And you challenge other people's knowledge of history?
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by jomoh: 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
pressplay411:

Blame autocorrect. Will you fight with those fighting for you or those defending sinners?

Depends on those you call the sinners and those you think are fighting for me.

I could prefer those defending the so called sinners if those who think they are fighting for me are actually The sinners.

I could prefer those allegedly Fighting for me if truly they are doing it for me.

The question is now who are the sinners and who are the righteous ones fighting for me?
because in this situation, the two of them claim to be fighting for me.

Again given the circumstances, who will you give your support given that the two sides are laying claims to you but one is preserving while one is destroying what you built?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by AgroZat: 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
You are talking out of your ignorance... Everything you are saying is directly opposite
adecz:

Blood, blood, blood.
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by adecz: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ersan:

Uthman Dan fodio fought an Islamic jihad against Muslims. Northern Nigeria was already Islamic before Dan fodio. What he proposed was reforms. How can you force Muslims into becoming Muslims.

Islam came to the north peacefully through wangara traders and scholars from Mali a few centuries before Dan fodio was born.

And you challenge other people's knowledge of history?

he forced his agenda by force of arms, not by "proposal". What happened to communities that did
not accept his " proposed reforms "?

The ppl who " accepted " Islam pre Danfodio, still
observed their own native cultures (As Muslim Yoruba's
still do), now the original northern ppl have lost their
identities & culture, thanks to jihad. And Danfodios
offspring pushed the original owners of the northern
thrones & have retained & excluded the owners from these seats till today.

I'm happy you have further educated yourself
by quickly doing some online research... cheesy wink
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
adecz:

he forced his agenda by force of arms, not by "proposal". What happened to communities that did
not accept his " proposed reforms "?

The ppl who " accepted " Islam pre Danfodio, still
observed their own native cultures (As Muslim Yoruba's
still do), now the original northern ppl have lost their
identities & culture, thanks to jihad. And Danfodios
offspring pushed the original owners of the northern
thrones & have retained & excluded the owners from these seats till today.

I'm happy you have further educated yourself
by quickly doing some online research... cheesy wink

I'm flattered you are impressed with my knowledge that you think it came through recent research.

But that's far from it, I am very acquainted with the history of my own people.

You either practice absolute Islam or you're just fooling yourself, there's no such thing as sitting on a fence in Islam.

And you lot always say we lost our culture and identity, can you please explain what that means?
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by adecz: 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
jomoh:

The overblown lies your slave masters fed your throughout your childhood is still having effect on your present day thinking despite all the information available.

Is it Uthman Dan fodio that brought Islam to The S.W when The empire of queen Sheba was located in ogun state.

This is the same way guns and military were inserted into your primary books to brainwash everyone and promote violence.

Why don't you say something about the forced conversion to Christianity that want along with slavery?

Why don't you say something about terrorism originally starting from the Vatican?

Why don't you comment on US sponsoring ISIS against ASAD regime? Al-Qaeda against Sadam Husein?

Do you even know Japan started suicide bombing during the world II?

The divide and rule that the Christian west employs in the middle east by sponsoring and radicalising Islamic groups and illiterate converts all started when the west discovered that the middle east is sitting on 80% of the world oil.

Just mention an oil producing nation that is not under the control of the west that is peaceful but there are numerous Muslim countries that are relatively peaceful because they don't have crude oil.

You need to use your education and read between the lines. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. Go online and search for the book named "diary of an economic hitman" it should Emancipate you a bit.

These are just wild & sentimental assertions.
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by pressplay411(m): 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
jomoh:

Depends on those you call the sinners and those you think are fighting for me.

I could prefer those defending the so called sinners if those who think they are fighting for me are actually The sinners.

I could prefer those allegedly Fighting for me if truly they are doing it for me.

The question is now who are the sinners and who are the righteous ones fighting for me?
because in this situation, the two of them claim to be fighting for me.

Again given the circumstances, who will you give your support given that the two sides are laying claims to you but one is preserving while one is destroying what you built?

This is a major concern cos it is the root of all religious wars.
Even when Muslims denounce these Terrorists (ISIL, BH, Al Quadra, etc) they cant completely condemn their actions cos even they believe it's a fight for God to establish a godly earth.
Religion is supposed to be for salvation, sadly it's now become a tool for destruction and terror.
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by DCONE1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
CplusJason:
If only you know how dangerous that religion is. grin

Lemme just stop here.
how did you know that the religion is dangerous? where you once a muslim?...i sorry for U. May ALLAH forgive u
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by Olalekan95(m): 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=adecz post=58037242]They say "Islam is a religion of peace".
But any part of Nigeria or Africa that practice islam were forced into the religion by war or Jihad.
You were given the choice to either convert or be slaughtered.
Even as a Muslim today, if you feel you no longer accept to continue in this religion & want to leave it, it is members of your family that will kill you for trying to forsake the religion.
We are not being sentimental or insulting, these are just plain historical & current facts.
So where is the " peace" in this religion?? Blood, blood, blood.[/qu talk less on wat u knw noting about... stupidity fall on u
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by DCONE1(m): 3:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
adecz:

Blood, blood, blood.
u are very very wrong,where are you getting your ideas from, you sit down in your home and formulate stuff....i sorry for you
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by bitcoinvin(m): 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
adecz:

Blood, blood, blood.

First of all,Thank God this section is not censored "Are you a muslim"
there is no peace in the Religion..You dont fight for any God,he does so for him self.
Bh are the true worhsippers of allah
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by bitcoinvin(m): 3:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
ESDKING:

I should be asking you about the vegetable.

the vegetable will die
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by bitcoinvin(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
It beats my imagination how the so called Arewa youths have come openly to Tell the Yorubas that Osibanjo will never go for Presidency come 2019.
Having made such statement,i took it upon my self to Browse Nairaland for 2 days to get or see any black-lash Response to the said epistle by the Al-Might and Rulling Arewa Youths but was not furtile...If there is,post the Link.
Since i joined Nairaland,i have never seen where the Yorubas are in war of words with the Hausas,[ Are Yorubas Slaves]..what ever the hausas says stands...
The Yorubas are always Faster than usnain bolt to feast on any thread that Has the name of KANU in it.The hatred on Kanu made people like IPOBEXPOSED to take oath that Kanu will never make it alive..Gracefull he did....
Some thread about kanu has Thousands views and like[From Yorubas with Bashing and ill talk]
My advice to all Yorubas it is to Buy Rat Poison now its cheap cos when the deman goes up,it will become scarce...Kanu is winning.

Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by CplusJason: 3:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
DCONE1:
how did you know that the religion is dangerous? where you once a muslim?...i sorry for U. May ALLAH forgive u
Sorry for yourself first Bro.

And I've forgiven Allah. smiley
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by shewa88(f): 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
adecz:

Blood, blood, blood.
Did a Muslim kill your family member because they didn't convert? please stop spitting vile stuff you know nothing about.
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by ahmgiggs: 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
adecz:

Blood, blood, blood.
. you are wrong. how many Muslim people who revert to xtian have been reported killed in Nigeria. you are been biased in ur argument. if what u are saying is through. I am very sure by now the whole world will be in third war. stop saying what u don't know.
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by Bondesniger(m): 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
THE FEAR OF BOKO IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by DCONE1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
CplusJason:
Sorry for yourself first Bro.

And I've forgiven Allah. smiley
i ve played my part of cautioning you....i leave you with your speach
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by CplusJason: 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
DCONE1:
i ve played my part of cautioning you....i leave you with your speach
My "speach" is mine.

Caution your god Bro.
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by jomoh: 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
pressplay411:

This is a major concern cos it is the root of all religious wars.
Even when Muslims denounce these Terrorists (ISIL, BH, Al Quadra, etc) they cant completely condemn their actions cos even they believe it's a fight for God to establish a godly earth.
Religion is supposed to be for salvation, sadly it's now become a tool for destruction and terror.

Muslims don't completely condemn them because they are the major victims of this terrorist acts. We've read stories in the middle east where speaking against these terrorists can condemn your entire generation and lineage to death. Even American soldiers fighting in the middle east find it hard to get people to volunteer and cooperate with them for fear of being executed by these people.

Take a look at locations where these people operate and inflict the most damages. They are predominantly the middle east. Tell me which sane person will be killing it's own people in the name of fighting the enemy. When the militants were fighting against the FG(enemy) do you see them killing their own people.

There was a conspiracy at a time during the general azazi time that it was a set of northern ethnic groups that were being recruited to head the Bokoharam sect.

You said Muslims cant condemn them but how else or how strongly do you expect Muslims to condemn their acts than the way above. People who could sit in their houses rather choose to carry weapons directly and confront the enemy. If you say they are soldier and have no choice what about the Civilian JTF in the north.

I am a Muslim but I can only condemn their acts from the comfort of my living room, my state and my region but I can never be in the conflict region and you expect me to condemn their acts openly.

Muslims hardly condemn them openly because most have seen the terrorism for what it is. A western tool to divide and rule but like all wars, you can only start it but can never control the outcome. Name a country with Muslim presence that has crude oil without conflict.

Try and search for the book "diary of an economic hit man" written by a rogue CIA agent. You will understand better.

The west with all their technology has not being able to trace the source of funding of these terrorist groups. Why? because they are the real source.

To ordinary citizen, terrorism is an Islamic thing but to the west it is a tool. If not why will the US support ISIS in Syria against Assad, support Al-Qaeda against Iran during the gulf war and later against Saddam Hussein, Muslim Brotherhood against Mubarak in egypt.

The west benefit from the conflicts by controlling the oil, sales of arms and ammunition. Saudi Arabia spends over $10bn anually to procure arms from the US in turn, the US and the west never shout about any human rights abuse in Saudi despite Saudi excuting more criminals than any country in the world.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by malware: 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
adecz:

Christianity was brought to West Africa
by missionaries on the back of European
trading companies like Royal Niger Company
UAC, John Holt & several others.

The missionaries came with Western Education
& Christian religion.

It is because you embraced their education
that you are here, with western invented phones
making comments with western language;
if not, you would have been an illiterate, farming
beans & cassava in one obscure village.

If the Christianity haf come with Islam style violence,
the whole North & Nigeria in general would
have been Christians, since the British
conquered & brought down the rampaging,
violence, bloodshed & slave raiding activities
of theso-called Sokoto Caliphate in 1903. But
they did not attempt to convert the conquered
Muslims to Christianity.

Name anywhere in Africa where Christianity
was forced on any country or community.

You are not a student of history, I can swear to that. So you mean European colonists never partook in slave trade right? Let's leave it at that.. .. just go back to school.
Re: Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying With Their Guns In The North by adecz: 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
malware:

You are not a student of history, I can swear to that. So you mean European colonists never partook in slave trade right? Let's leave it at that.. .. just go back to school.

Are we commenting on slave trade or
the nature coming of religions to Africa??

We all know that Europeans encouraged
the slave trade with the tacit support of coastal traditional rulers & Fulani jihadists.
rulers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilda Baci: Shehu Sani Teases President Buhari / Willie Obiano Donates Gun-boats To Navy (photos) / All 44 Candidates On Navy Supplementary List Under Buhari Are Northerners - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.