Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2058665 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (1691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 1:21pm On May 15, 2017
babaegun:
@all

Is anyone using the Solar Water heater in this forum? pls share pictures of your installation.

thanks.

Already discussed on this thread here https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/183#50744403
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 8:35pm On May 15, 2017
mctfopt:

Already discussed on this thread here https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/183#50744403

Thanks. I must have missed it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 7:00am On May 16, 2017
Good Morning House,

I need Urgently need 4 X 200AH Amaron Quanta Batteries for purchase.

To all the marketers / sellers or anyone who knows where I could get this batteries - I say thank you in advance.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harveyspec: 7:25am On May 16, 2017
bodeface:
Good Morning House,

To all the marketers / sellers or anyone who knows where I could get this batteries - I say thank you in advance.

www.d2h.ng

they seem to be distributors for amaron batteries
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotech: 11:40am On May 16, 2017
@Dmerciful pls i have a job for u, i called ur nomba is not reachable & for now i'm not on whatsapp, u can reach me on zero eight zero nine eight six one five three zero zero. it's important thanx
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:07pm On May 16, 2017
kiekie1:
Yachi / Yahsun solar modules just off-loaded

PROMO PROMO PROMO!!!

Mono
100w P-30k,M-32k
140w M-43k
150w M-45k
200w M-60k
260w M-65k
310w M-75k
Special loyalty prices for patriotic Nairalanders
Valid till 18/5/17
Smartcell Global Services ..
CALL NOW : O8I35O3I95I

In stock now Mercury 2.4kva inverter @52,000 3kva @200,000 5kva @260,000 Mercury Deep cycle battery 100amps @54,000 200amps @105,000.00

Keep the calls coming ... Thanks & God bless !

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 2:12pm On May 16, 2017
harveyspec:

www.d2h.ng

they seem to be distributors for amaron batteries

Thanks Harveyspec, just called the number on their website not picked yet I will continue trying.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:24pm On May 16, 2017
bodeface:
Good Morning House,

Hello, If it was in stock in the company , you would av gotten a reply from me ! Cheers .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 7:04am On May 17, 2017
kiekie1:

In stock now Mercury 2.4kva inverter @52,000 3kva @200,000 5kva @260,000 Mercury Deep cycle battery 100amps @54,000 200amps @105,000.00

Keep the calls coming ... Thanks & God bless !
Frankie Goodmorning please are the mercury batteries the Tubular batteries with water indicator?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:30am On May 17, 2017
DUNKA:
Frankie Goodmorning please are the mercury batteries the Tubular batteries with water indicator?

Good morning Sir,no its not same with tubular batteries I supplied to you few years ago.. Its the normal SMF vrla battery.. Coscharis paused a while in the importation of tubular batteries due to some factors best known to them... Luminous has same 220a 12v tubular , Genus has 200a tubular & few uncommon brands in Alaba etc ...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dicksonadams(m): 7:49am On May 17, 2017
To the guru in the house, Tubular or smf battery which one would you recommend in time of value for money
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 7:49am On May 17, 2017
kiekie1:

Good morning Sir,no its not same with tubular batteries I supplied to you few years ago.. Its the normal SMF vrla battery.. Coscharis paused a while in the importation of tubular batteries due to some factors best known to them... Luminous has same 220a 12v tubular , Genus has 200a tubular & few uncommon brands in Alaba etc ...

sir Frankie, Are d Genus 200A tubulars same design on ur YouTube video?

Are u still using dem, pls let us know its performance against d giant trojan.

I want to go flooded wen funds are available.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Monlo(m): 7:53am On May 17, 2017
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 11:25am On May 17, 2017
I just got my share of the Full River 200AH battery, At a very good price...Dont ask me Just contact seller.. @kiekie1 cool

This world is too small oo, The batteries were actually 2 street away from me grin

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Braaad: 2:47pm On May 17, 2017
Thanks @kiekie1 for the shipment of the batteries down to Akwa Ibom. They are all working perfectly. Expect more order from me soon

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 4:37pm On May 17, 2017
Super Rugged Solar Systems SOLARRIZE NIGERIA WHY SPEND SO MUCH ON FUEL

800W SOLAR SYSTEM FOR Self Cointain Apartment

Basic Load,Fans,Plasma Tv’s, Gadgets, Lightings, Blender, Laptop,Small Fridge

Cost = #550,000 naira. Pay #500,000
Balance of #50,000 on Delivery

Only at Bright Solar Power
Buy Now Call to place order 07058562938
Whatssap 08187995847
www.brightsolarpower.com.ng

1 KW SOLAR SYSTEM FOR 3 BEDROOM HOME

Basic Load ,Lights, Gadgets ,Lightings, Plasma Tv ,Fan,Blender, Laptop, Fridge /Deep Freezer

Cost = #950,000 naira. Pay #850,000
Balance of #100,000 on Delivery

Whatssap 08187995847

2 KW SOLAR SYSTEM FOR 3 BEDROOM HOME

Basic Load,Fridge,Lights, Gadgets ,Lightings, Plasma Tv, Fan,Blender, Laptop, Fridge /Deep Freezer, Microwave

Cost = #1,900,000 naira. Pay #1,700,000
Balance of #200,000 on Delivery

Whatssap 08187995847

3 KW SOLAR SYSTEM FOR 5 BEDROOM HOME

Basic Load,Fridge, Gadgets ,Lightings, Plasma Tv Fan,Blender, Laptop, Deep Freezer,Microwave, Water Pump,

Cost = #2,900,000 naira. Pay #2,500,000
Balance of #400,000 on Delivery

Whatssap 08187995847

4 KW SOLAR SYSTEM FOR 5 + BEDROOM /DUPLEX

Basic Load,Fridge,Lights, Gadgets ,Lightings, Plasma Tv, Fan,Blender, Laptop, Microwave, Iron, Pumping Machine, Freezer,Inverter Ac

Cost = #3,800,000 naira. Pay #3,400,000
Balance of #400,000 on Delivery

Whatssap 08187995847

5 KW SOLAR SYSTEM FOR 7+ BEDROOM HOME

Basic Load,Fridge,Lights, Gadgets ,Lightings, Plasma Tv, Deep Freezer ,Fan,Blender, Laptop, Microwave, Iron,Inverter Ac
Pumping Machine , All Household Loads

Cost = #5,800,000 naira. Pay #5,000,000
Balance of #800,000 on Delivery

Whatssap 08187995847

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 7:54pm On May 17, 2017
Hello House,
Thanks for your support and answers to my previous questions.
Please is there any issues in using angle iron to construct solar panel support instead of the standard supports, this is a ground mounted system, the angle iron will form slots that holds each of the solar panels, is there any issues in doing this?
Thanks in advance.
@ Kiekie - you are right Quanta battery is not available in the market currently.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 8:05pm On May 17, 2017
@Bodeface,
No issues at all...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 8:06pm On May 17, 2017
bodeface:
@Dmerciful,

Thanks so much for your time and explanation, may be what I will do is that I will combine the two circuit and use only one inverter, the two banks are just redundant, they do same job. Just wanted to ensure there is always power available.

How much is your surge protectors? Please, you missed the second part of my question:
"for the combiner box must it be OEM type or can one get one locally or fabricate or is there a make shift type that could be used as I do not see so much specialty in combiner box as it looks like a small DB could be used for combining"

See The attached. Combiner Box- Local market - DC MCB - From Seller on Forum, VPD ( surge protect) from Aliexpress. total cost 20 % of Midnight solar - I have midnight solar PV Junction box also and while much easier to work and can combine three ( even 6 or 12 models available) banks this setup also works without issues for 150 V DC unearthed system . If your CC or inverter needs negative eratherd then Midnight solar is recommended ( remember to use use 25 mm2 or larger cables to link the MCBS's to avoid local heating or use a Cu busbar cut into shape .

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:26pm On May 17, 2017
pranil:

See The attached. Combiner Box- Local market - DC MCB - From Seller on Forum, VPD ( surge protect) from Aliexpress. total cost 20 % of Midnight solar - I have midnight solar PV Junction box also and while much easier to work and can combine three ( even 6 or 12 models available) banks this setup also works without issues for 150 V DC unearthed system . If your CC or inverter needs negative eratherd then Midnight solar is recommended ( remember to use use 25 mm2 or larger cables to link the MCBS's to avoid local heating or use a Cu busbar cut into shape .

You said it all Sir.. Thanks !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:30pm On May 17, 2017
bodeface:
Hello House,
Thanks for your support and answers to my previous questions.
Please is there any issues in using angle iron to construct solar panel support instead of the standard supports, this is a ground mounted system, the angle iron will form slots that holds each of the solar panels, is there any issues in doing this?
Thanks in advance.
@ Kiekie - you are right Quanta battery is not available in the market currently.

Yes you can consider other rugged brands like hoppecke 6v 250a monobloc SMF batteries , genus etc .. Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:32pm On May 17, 2017
Braaad:
Thanks @kiekie1 for the shipment of the batteries down to Akwa Ibom. They are all working perfectly. Expect more order from me soon

Thanks & God bless !

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:34pm On May 17, 2017
Dam5reey:
I just got my share of the Full River 200AH battery, At a very good price...Dont ask me Just contact seller.. @kiekie1 cool

This world is too small oo, The batteries were actually 2 street away from me grin

Yes oooo its really a small world .. I will signal you very soon as discussed when am free around the hood ! Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:45pm On May 17, 2017
efuro:

sir Frankie, Are d Genus 200A tubulars same design on ur YouTube video?

Are u still using dem, pls let us know its performance against d giant trojan.

I want to go flooded wen funds are available.

I have used flooded , gel & vrla batteries and must tell you its all about clients choice tho.. If you have time for flooded batteries periodic top up and airy space in your crib, no prob.. Flooded batteries can also be frustrating when you abuse it either by allowing electrolyte dry up totally before routine top up etc.. It sure out lasts most deep cycle batteries if u can seldomly observe water level esp when your mppt cc/inverter equalises often..

NOTE: I am still contemplating on selling my working mercury tubular 220a batteries .. I wld keep you posted !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kogistar: 10:31am On May 18, 2017
kiekie1:

tubular vs SMF which one is the best?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by battleaxe: 2:08pm On May 18, 2017
@house
Pls, I am looking to re-ignite this conversation on timers and contractors.

If I put my fridge for example on a timer plug, in order to maximize my consumption during peak sunshine hours ; how can I ensure that if NEPA brings light, that it can feed the fridge despite my timer plug haven switched off supply?

I'm sure there should be a way around it.

Pls help.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by RipVanWink: 2:26pm On May 18, 2017
battleaxe:
@house

If I put my fridge for example on a timer plug, in order to maximize my consumption during peak sunshine hours ; how can I ensure that if NEPA brings light, that it can feed the fridge despite my timer plug haven switched off supply?

Pls help.

i have the same challenge, i dont think there is any way around it, apart from manually replugging the fridge to phcn, as there is no way for the plug to differentiate btw phcn and inverter voltage.
only consolation is that the inverter would get some charge from the phcn if they bring light
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 4:09pm On May 18, 2017
battleaxe:
@house

Pls help.
Buy a small DB and move such opportunist loads to it. Size it so your timer can carry the loads. Use an Automatic transfer switch to seamlessly alternate between PHCH and your inverter. See attached.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Feshizzy(m): 4:31pm On May 18, 2017
Barezzi:

Buy a small DB and move such opportunist loads to it. Size it so your timer can carry the loads. Use an Automatic transfer switch to seamlessly alternate between PHCH and your inverter. See attached.

Thumbs up mate!
This is the best way to go about it,
Very smart!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 4:45pm On May 18, 2017
Barezzi:

brilliant!.....
would ensure i incorporate this in the wiring in my new build
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 5:27pm On May 18, 2017
Hello Team,
Is there anyone / marketer that has got the Schneider Conext system Control Panel (SCP) for XW+/ SW (865-1050-01) for best price before I look outside of the group, kindly revert with your price.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 7:48pm On May 18, 2017
https://m.aliexpress.com/amp/item/32810512997.html
If your question is choosing btw PHCN and inverter output with phcn priority. Use above link.

If however you want to be on solar(or inverter) at specific time, say day time and switch to PHCN after sunset consider attached image for setup.

The link for timer and contactor that can do this is as follows:
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32762997458.html

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32613347337.html

Note: in the image the load can be more than the fridge so long as current drawn is below (contactor rating divide by 1.25)

battleaxe:
@house

Pls help.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (1691) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Buchika and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.