Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,800 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2058540 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (1691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ola28: 7:49am On May 19, 2017
MidNite classic charge controller 150v 96A @195k

victron charge controller 150v 85A @ 180k

pls call 09057285592

Sold

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pharyn(m): 8:56am On May 19, 2017
I need Magnum MS4348PE.
Kindly get in touch.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Pharyn(m): 9:13am On May 19, 2017
Pharyn:
I need Magnum MS4348PE.
Kindly get in touch.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:20am On May 19, 2017
Pharyn:
I need Magnum MS4348PE.
Kindly get in touch.

Final offer : 1m

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:23am On May 19, 2017
Yachi / Yahsun solar modules still in stock

DISCOUNTS....!!!

Mono
100w P-30k,M-32k
140w M-43k
150w M-45k
200w M-60k
260w M-70k
310w M-80k

Smartcell Global Services ..
CALL NOW : O8I35O3I95I

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 11:24am On May 19, 2017
mank1234:
https://m.aliexpress.com/amp/item/32810512997.html
If your question is choosing btw PHCN and inverter output with phcn priority. Use above link.

If however you want to be on solar(or inverter) at specific time, say day time and switch to PHCN after sunset consider attached image for setup.

The link for timer and contactor that can do this is as follows:
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32762997458.html

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32613347337.html

I prefer to USE the Single Pole MCB and contractor built in instead of one single contactor. This allows you to force individual loads or circuits to stay on NEPA or inverter if you choose or switch by timer based on your usage .e.g. weekdays keep fridge on Inverter as teh afternoon load is small when kids at school. Weekends Frdidge off but TV on inverter . Added advantage is you just replace the existing MCB no Seprate DB requited or create a DB with Rows of MCB saving space and money

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MKWCT-25M-Manual-220V-240V-Universal-Home-Household-AC-Contactor-Modular-Modulus-25Amps-2P-2-Two/32671904971.html?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 11:41am On May 19, 2017
Nice. Do you have link for a modular 18mm DIN programmable timer too?

pranil:

I prefer to USE the Single Pole MCB and contractor built in instead of one single contactor. This allows you to force individual loads or circuits to stay on NEPA or inverter if you choose or switch by timer based on your usage .e.g. weekdays keep fridge on Inverter as teh afternoon load is small when kids at school. Weekends Frdidge off but TV on inverter . Added advantage is you just replace the existing MCB no Seprate DB requited or create a DB with Rows of MCB saving space and money

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MKWCT-25M-Manual-220V-240V-Universal-Home-Household-AC-Contactor-Modular-Modulus-25Amps-2P-2-Two/32671904971.html?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ola28: 5:16pm On May 19, 2017
ola28:
MidNite classic charge controller 150v 96A @195k

victron charge controller 150v 85A @ 180k

pls call 09057285582

sold
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 7:24pm On May 19, 2017
bodeface:
Hello Team,
Is there anyone / marketer that has got the Schneider Conext system Control Panel (SCP) for XW+/ SW (865-1050-01) for best price before I look outside of the group, kindly revert with your price.

Unfortunately, couldn't get any from the house, already purchase from outside, thanks for viewing.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 7:50pm On May 19, 2017
bodeface:
Hello House,
Thanks for your support and answers to my previous questions.
Please is there any issues in using angle iron to construct solar panel support instead of the standard supports, this is a ground mounted system, the angle iron will form slots that holds each of the solar panels, is there any issues in doing this?
Thanks in advance.
@ Kiekie - you are right Quanta battery is not available in the market currently.
Dunno if you got any answers to this, but none to the best of my professional knowledge.
I'm presently constructing one to carry my 24 panels. When i'm done with the upgrades, i'll post pics.

What's your experience so far with the Schneider inverter/accessories?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by life707: 10:17pm On May 19, 2017
efuro:
BUY NIJA PRODUCTS

please I need information on AUXANO SOLAR Products and price

has anyone had experience with their hybrid inverter or mppt CC or their actual pv rating ?

Do they have auxano ba3 too?

do they have extended warranty on their products?

thanks!

I bought and installed their 2kva/24v inverter.
Noiseless unlike other midrange products that the fan turns on & off often.
Performance has been good too

Down side is that the finished work isn't crisps as labels are glued to casing and detaches after a while.
E.g. input voltage label e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 11:09pm On May 19, 2017
mank1234:
Nice. Do you have link for a modular 18mm DIN programmable timer too?

Even available on Konga or Jumia or local market
http:///programmable-digital-timer-switch-relay-control-220v-16a-2610886

http:///water-heater-programmable-auto-switch-timer-220v-25a-3110204
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 9:16am On May 20, 2017
mank1234:
https://m.aliexpress.com/amp/item/32810512997.html
If your question is choosing btw PHCN and inverter output with phcn priority. Use above link.

If however you want to be on solar(or inverter) at specific time, say day time and switch to PHCN after sunset consider attached image for setup.

The link for timer and contactor that can do this is as follows:
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32762997458.html

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32613347337.html

Note: in the image the load can be more than the fridge so long as current drawn is below (contactor rating divide by 1.25)

pranil:

The two quoted posts above are good examples of why I love this thread and the people on it. Don't you just love the info available at your fingertips?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 9:21am On May 20, 2017
Barezzi,
Thanks for your reply, I am just double checking if any has any bad experience using such.
I can only think of the angle iron rusting if not well treated, so care is exercised in treating the iron and painting the angle iron, that's my best option since I want the under to be a car port, thanks for double checking.

On Schneider product, I will say they are robust but the challenge I have with them is that everything comes independent, say for the inverter you must have the system control panel SCP (a separate unit, bought differently) to do even just the programming of the inverter thereby increasing the cost of the entire complete installation, apart from that I cant think of any other thing.... perhaps any other installer may have a say on this.

Barezzi:

Dunno if you got any answers to this, but none to the best of my professional knowledge.
I'm presently constructing one to carry my 24 panels. When i'm done with the upgrades, i'll post pics.

What's your experience so far with the Schneider inverter/accessories?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 9:31am On May 20, 2017
Hello house,
Anyone with experience on Schneider product should help out on this;

Schneider Conext SW4024 Inverter tripping on F49 fault (DC Over Voltage), the battery bank is a set of eight nos of 200AH wired for 24VDC, I have monitored the charging voltage while the inverter is charging not to exceed 26.1VDC and the battery bank voltage sitting pretty at about 24.8VDC, however once the utility power is applied to the inverter after charging for about 2-3 mins will trip on F49 fault.

Has anyone experienced this before? Appreciate all comments
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by microgiant: 8:28pm On May 20, 2017
hello GeorgeD1

I have tried to call you several times without success. A colleague just purchased the 100 liters solar water heater after I convinced him it is cheaper in the long run.

We went to his house to do some survey, but I don't have the experience to advice him on the best possible position and installation. My purpose of calling was for you to help link him to the plumber who installed yours to do the installation.

Please help oh, before he feels I gave him a wrong investment advice.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 9:09pm On May 20, 2017
life707:

I bought and installed their 2kva/24v inverter.
Noiseless unlike other midrange products that the fan turns on & off often.
Performance has been good too

Down side is that the finished work isn't crisps as labels are glued to casing and detaches after a while.
E.g. input voltage label e.t.c

nice reading ur views. I hope dey improve. thank you for believing in nija. we get there sooner than we think.

let's buy nija panels instead of Indian or chinko or any other.

my next upgrade will revolves round nija (at least 30% local content)

imagine Australia has 1.2m households using solar, Nigeria can do better with local content.

cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodeface: 8:21am On May 21, 2017
I have been able to resolve this, for the record purpose while using the Schneider Conext SW4024 Inverter built-in charge only to charge the battery without solar installation with external charge controller, in the setup parameters while commissioning the unit you must adequately define the battery parameters and more importantly you must ensure that the right charging rate for battery is calculated and represented by the right percentage setting under the Charge rate parameters, otherwise you will be having F49 fault (DC Over Voltage), which might take you a while to figure it out.
bodeface:
Hello house,
Anyone with experience on Schneider product should help out on this;

Schneider Conext SW4024 Inverter tripping on F49 fault (DC Over Voltage), the battery bank is a set of eight nos of 200AH wired for 24VDC, I have monitored the charging voltage while the inverter is charging not to exceed 26.1VDC and the battery bank voltage sitting pretty at about 24.8VDC, however once the utility power is applied to the inverter after charging for about 2-3 mins will trip on F49 fault.

Has anyone experienced this before? Appreciate all comments

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 9:50am On May 21, 2017
Saipro:

Cycling loads (especially thermostat regulated ones) are really difficult to put an energy estimate figure on because they might consume their max nameplate rating till the thermostat kicks in (whenever that is). Then there's the surge to deal with each time they start up again.

I have a freezer which consumes roughly 360W on startup and 300W a few minutes later. From then on, consumption is highly dependent on how cool the interior is. Somehow, the more items frozen in it, the less energy consumed (seems somewhat logical), right up until the thermostat kicks in.

And manufacturers often list nameplate values for ideal operating conditions - oftentimes a far departure from real world conditions.

True talk.

I came across this nameless fridge/freezer
reading 72w only. But I went back there with A/C watt meter & had a reading of 102w wen compressor kicked..

maybe some enthusiast will check model online for nameplate or http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.sy-beier.com/Product/3980245831.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiYs_S9z4DUAhWNalAKHUD3CSsQFggLMAA&sig2=W5p8GZW-GZXyWxDouaRGkA&usg=AFQjCNH1qncdoshfOPMXm9iSanf0LCbPrw

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2017
Nigeria companies need to step up real big rather than focus their energy at appealing to patriotic favor. They need to build their strategy around marketing to the consumer and competing with the best rather than focusing on getting exclusive government contract.
Personally I try to avoid many Nigerian companies. Even big house old names like Zinox are an eyesore and can ruin your business with their lack or professionalism.
efuro:

nice reading ur views. I hope dey improve. thank you for believing in nija. we get there sooner than we think.

imagine Australia has 1.2m households using solar, Nigeria can do better with local content.

cheers.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 11:34am On May 21, 2017
efuro:

True talk.

I came across this nameless fridge/freezer
reading 72w only. But I went back there with A/C watt meter & had a reading of 102w wen compressor kicked..

maybe some enthusiast will check model online for nameplate or http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.sy-beier.com/Product/3980245831.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiYs_S9z4DUAhWNalAKHUD3CSsQFggLMAA&sig2=W5p8GZW-GZXyWxDouaRGkA&usg=AFQjCNH1qncdoshfOPMXm9iSanf0LCbPrw

Problem is when it develops a fault and then you are stuck because very few technician knows how to fix those things. Name brand is non tested durability is in question. Besides most convintional fridge are getting more and more efficient as long as you have your system is well sized u will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 12:26pm On May 21, 2017
bigrovar:

Problem is when it develops a fault and then you are stuck because very few technician knows how to fix those things. Name brand is non tested durability is in question. Besides most convintional fridge are getting more and more efficient as long as you have your system is well sized u will be fine.

good point sir
I was authoritatively informed it can be converted to conventional fridge/freezer

but-then what a waste of resources just because of low wattage efficiency.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 1:20pm On May 21, 2017
DMerciful:
See pic of an installation I did not long ago. Put all ur installation com.
ponents in max two boards and draw ur circuit flow offline and critic it before transferring to d board. There is nothing lovelier than a neat installation, its even a safe way to go

Neat job
Love it
Keep it up
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 6:29pm On May 21, 2017
Endorsed by Oga richmon74! I am humbled cheesy
richmon74:

Neat job
Love it
Keep it up
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 7:39pm On May 21, 2017
microgiant:
hello GeorgeD1

I have tried to call you several times without success. A colleague just purchased the 100 liters solar water heater after I convinced him it is cheaper in the long run.

We went to his house to do some survey, but I don't have the experience to advice him on the best possible position and installation. My purpose of calling was for you to help link him to the plumber who installed yours to do the installation.

Please help oh, before he feels I gave him a wrong investment advice.

brother,
sorry i've been very busy lately. let me call you so we can iron this out.
with solar water heater, you can't go wrong. in fact i think there should
a law in place for every household to have a least one system installed.
my 300 litres is still performing wonderfully despite the onset of the rainy
season and i'll be doing a review soon.
believe me, that man will come to your house and thank you when his
system is finally up and running.
cheers!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:48pm On May 21, 2017
efuro:

cheers.

for real..there is no made in naija panels, the local made in naija inverters arent good,usually modified sine wave, and not pure sine wave..thus inefficient and prone to overcharging and fire outbreaks.
zinox is not exactly made in nigeria, it more like assembled in nigeria, the govt and enviroment isnt helping at all.

i bought a remote controlled ceiling fan not long ago...and i opened the controller to observe. the circuitry is quite simple, and is what a secondary school student should be able to design and mass produce. it also has an inbuilt timer
i have fallen in love with the remote control aspect of the fan that i wish i can change all the manual controls of my fans to remote control. i wudnt mind buying just the remote controll unit 1k or 2k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 10:11pm On May 21, 2017
Today makes it a year since I turned on my off-grid setup. It's been an amazing journey and surpass my expectations. From a lowly modest system of 480w I gradually grew the system to a lowly modest 1kw. And in the progress of increasing the system to 1.8kw.

The expansion plan is to install a 800w panel array on the western facing side of the roof to tap into the mid to late afternoon sun. The western panels would be connected to a different charge controller which will run in parallel with the main controller connected to the south facing PV.

I decided to install the new panel to the west because I have ran out of space for new ground mounted system.

1.8w system on a 24v battery setup would probably provide current that would be over the recommended bulk limits of my flooded battery. By having the 2 array face different orientations I would be preventing them from hitting pick at the same time. While at the same time get more out of the 3pm 4pmish sun.

Lastly my main south facing panels get shaded in the months of February and September between 3pm to 5pm. The west facing panels would reduce the effect of such shading my over all system since the western part of my roof is not affected.

Splitting the panels between 2 different controllers helps diversify my access to the sun. Would update here how far this plans out.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nisol: 11:48pm On May 21, 2017
earthrealm:

for real..there is no made in naija panels, the local made in naija inverters arent good,usually modified sine wave, and not pure sine wave..thus inefficient and prone to overcharging and fire outbreaks.
zinox is not exactly made in nigeria, it more like assembled in nigeria, the govt and enviroment isnt helping at all.

i bought a remote controlled ceiling fan not long ago...and i opened the controller to observe. the circuitry is quite simple, and is what a secondary school student should be able to design and mass produce. it also has an inbuilt timer
i have fallen in love with the remote control aspect of the fan that i wish i can change all the manual controls of my fans to remote control. i wudnt mind buying just the remote controll unit 1k or 2k

There are lots of brilliant minds in Nigeria, unfortunately "man must wack" before any other thing else.
If we had our priorities right as a nation, innovators would have enough time to research and produce quality made in Nigeria goods.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 11:54pm On May 21, 2017
earthrealm:

You can check this out and know if it meets what you are looking for

Wireless 1way 2ways 3ways ON/OFF 220V Digital Remote Control Switch Receiver Transmitter
http://s.aliexpress.com/BZne2AVn
(from AliExpress Android)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 9:20am On May 22, 2017
Oga Nisol

I just discovered the good work you did several months ago

https://www.nairaland.com/1794647/design-build-48v-40a-mppt#24385844

any update on performance of the device?

in case we need to patronize you in the house.

Thanks! smiley

nisol:

There are lots of brilliant minds in Nigeria, unfortunately "man must wack" before any other thing else.
If we had our priorities right as a nation, innovators would have enough time to research and produce quality made in Nigeria goods.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nisol: 10:17am On May 22, 2017
efuro:

Oga Nisol

I just discovered the good work you did several months ago

https://www.nairaland.com/1794647/design-build-48v-40a-mppt#24385844

any update on performance of the device?

in case we need to patronize you in the house.

Thanks! smiley

I am moving a more detailed design to a my site URL would be provided soon

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (1691) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Hybrid600, Edrizz(m), Abiono28, Sapiosexuality(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.