Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2087915 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (1707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 9:33am On Jul 07, 2018
pranil:

Ooops . My sincere apologies. With all the heated discussions on various charge controllers, I missed the inverter part . grin

Is it an offgrid or bidirectional inverter( grid interactive) . The inveter market is moving very fast in the mid ranage.

Just while back I posted about Batteryless hybrid inverter

They are launching the first zero transfer time off grid inverter ( basically a giant UPS)

at a quick glance at the user guide, 5kVA version adds the following to a widely sold PIP-MS4048 ( in Nigeria Ipower/gennex easun and many others which are a copy of the original)

5000VA / 5000W inverter
4000W 500V MPPT
BMS comms for LiFe04
61V max charge voltage for the Trojans !
battery EQ function
built in bluetooth with android app,
detachable LCD control for remote up to 20m
and for the battery-phobes.......
you can run grid/PV only with NO Batteries

the BMS part will not be ready till next year. and the initial release will be only with OEM orders ( where battery and inverter is sold as bundle)

But in General

PIS - 5048GK - (Voltonics Axpert VM III) 5KW/48VDC, 80A MPPT, max 500V PV open circuit with all the above features except BMS

PIP- 3048 MK - ( voltronics King) - Zero changeover time ( PV input 145 V - ONLY 3KW model ) others features same ( no BMS yet)

If I look at the graphic of the display I guess they are using their knowledge of online inverters and applying to the inverter to achieve zero transfer time - essentially using DC rectifier and then inverter as two-stage process. it is not the ongrid inverter ( maybe grid interactive is a better term ?)

Maybe that's why only 3KW model is available as they may not be able to handle the components and heat losses in the same chassis of 5KW

Should be available by mid August on Aliexpress on their official store - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/629424

https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/pip-gk-series/

I checked out the PIP-5048GK a while ago and it was terrifyingly impressive. It's going to be a real game changer in the market especially with the fact that their prices are always within reach.

I've seen a test video of it with fantastic performance. It even gives out up to 62v which is fair enough for trojan battery equalisation.
I'll be here waiting for them.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:47am On Jul 07, 2018
DadojoReloaded:
I greet all the boss and solar gurus in the house. Please I am planning a setup for my office. At the moment, I have 2 CPUs that power about 10 monitors.

One CPU powers 5 monitors. I want to assume that each monitor is within the range of 70 watts (x 10 monitors will be 700 watts). Also the 2 CPUs are 80 watts in each, making 160 watts.

This is just an estimate though, but I would say the total wattage of the computers are 700 watts for monitors and 160 watts for CPU making 860 watts.

Please I'd like to know the number of batteries that can match this requirement (Assuming there are 5 light bulbs of 20 watts each making an additional 100 watts)

Total estimated watts: 960

Please I need recommendations from gurus in the house.

that's like 8 200ah batteries that you need there on a 48v system.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:55am On Jul 07, 2018
Recently got the EPever for my 24v system and the performance so far has been just there.

Will keep observing sha, but dunno, it seems like my YOHAKO so called "mppt" is pulling more amps for my 48v system than this epever everyone has been raving on about.

One time it pulled the pv voltage all the way down to like 28v while lowering amps to the battery as compared to pv amps, a real shocker I must say.

So far on my new 600watt/24v solar system installed this week, I've only seen a peak of around 300 watts using the EPever. Dunno if it's cause of the panel efficiency, controller or the season we are in (though the sun was bright on initial tests). All wires check out, 6mm solar cables used. Inclination and cardinal positioning were limited by the roof, so that might also be a factor.

Anywho, I am at least happy sha with the little output from this 600 watt setup thus far.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 11:33am On Jul 07, 2018
What is ur inverter voltage input(system voltage)? What is the panel combined voltage coming into the charge controller? This info will let us know if your configuration is the optimal one
EnigmaticEnigma:
Recently got the EPever for my 24v system and the performance so far has been just there.

Will keep observing sha, but dunno, it seems like my YOHAKO so called "mppt" is pulling more amps for my 48v system than this epever everyone has been raving on about.

One time it pulled the pv voltage all the way down to like 28v while lowering amps to the battery as compared to pv amps, a real shocker I must say.

So far on my new 600watt/24v solar system installed this week, I've only seen a peak of around 300 watts using the EPever. Dunno if it's cause of the panel efficiency, controller or the season we are in (though the sun was bright on initial tests). All wires check out, 6mm solar cables used. Inclination and cardinal positioning were limited by the roof, so that might also be a factor.

Anywho, I am at least happy sha with the little output from this 600 watt setup thus far.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
We have the Tesla smart running.
Solar priority. The client has his swimming pool pump, water pump, household appliances and a hot water heater on it.
They average between 1500 and 2300 watts in consumption. This gives them about 3 to 4 hours with no solar power.
We have not installed our BMS yet so we have limited our capacity to a little over 5kwh.
We have 3080 w in PV installed. We will be adding additional PV. The generator is set up as a resource. The system starts and stops it, to meet battery or load conditions. Enjoy.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by godspeed: 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2018
EnigmaticEnigma:

Bros, pls keep us posted on the performance of the EPever as I'm on the verge of getting one.

I've been comparing products over the few days and it seems I've settled for EPever.I want to know if it's worth the hype.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2018
DUNKA:
Quite unfortunate and your review had put a real dampner on setting up a solar water heater as I had looked at Protek and other brands such as Simba,NaturePal etc but that all seem to be of similar quality and reputation and I cannot shout grin

Well the waiting game still continues until a qualitative and affordable solar water heater comes into the market while I will for now increase my solar panels for use of an electric heater.

dunka,
yeah i think unfortunate is the right word. protek started out very well but now it's ending badly. so much for nigerian
white label companies.
however, make no mistake. i have never regretted going the solar water heater route and i still maintain it's the best
thing after sliced bread. you will never believe the feeling of using hot water 365 days a year without a single kilowatt hour
of electricity spent. that feeling of freedom alone is worth all the stress. if i were to do this all over again, i'll probably
do things a little differently but sure enough i would install another one without thinking twice about it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
Contact me for the 12v/24v 40A model. If you want the fangpusun blue controller 50A with display.. See my signature for number
godspeed:

Bros, pls keep us posted on the performance of the EPever as I'm on the verge of getting one.

I've been comparing products over the few days and it seems I've settled for EPever.I want to know if it's worth the hype.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babniyen(m): 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
Forgot its a 150 L freezer..
I have a 200ah battery, 290w solar panel and a generic pwm cc.
ceaser:

Thank you sir. 75 watts at 12 volt is an impressive performance. Please what is the freezer capacity, product name/model, solar accessories that you use with it (panels and battery) and where you sourced the freezer from? May consider using your source since it's a tested an trusted one.

Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DadojoReloaded(m): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2018
EnigmaticEnigma:

that's like 8 200ah batteries that you need there on a 48v system.

That's serious. Someone once told me I could use 4 100ah batteries, saying there was a special way of connecting them.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2018
DadojoReloaded:

That's serious. Someone once told me I could use 4 100ah batteries, saying there was a special way of connecting them.

Do be decieved by incompetent installer grin

Be ready to change the 4 batteries every 3 Months

You want to Draw 960WH cool
On a 48V system, That's about 20Aamps from each 100AH

Even if it manage to work, you won't enjoy it.. C10 rated 100AH will be discharged to 0% after 4hours, to protect the batteries you need to discharge 50% thats just 2hours

To enjoy battery for at least 3 years, You must load a 200AH battery to maximize 120Watts...

So 8 batteries to 960Watts is correct..

It's your decision now, cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by totalgreen01: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2018
i am soooo jealous of the tesla power pack, u guys are just having fun, pls keep us posted
nice

chris81964:
Solar priority. The client has his swimming pool pump, water pump, household appliances and a hot water heater on it.
They average between 1500 and 2300 watts in consumption. This gives them about 3 to 4 hours with no solar power.
We have not installed our BMS yet so we have limited our capacity to a little over 5kwh.
We have 3080 w in PV installed. We will be adding additional PV. The generator is set up as a resource. The system starts and stops it, to meet battery or load conditions. Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2018
kiekie1:
We recently acquired fairly used telecoms batteries and it came out good after individual testing & reading smiley .

Battery brand name: Ritar
Capacity: 12v 105a
Weight: 30/32kg
Description: Front access telecom battery
Price : N27,000 per unit

Quantity procured : 20 units
Sold: 10 units
In stock : 10 units left
Deliveries : We waybill to any state (T&C applies)

Sir Frankie
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

Quantity procured : 20 units
Sold: 18 units
In stock : 2 units left
Deliveries : We waybill to any state (T&C applies)

Sir Frankie
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
chris81964:

Good stuff ! Cheer's

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2018
Dam5reey:

Do be decieved by incompetent installer grin

Be ready to change the 4 batteries every 3 Months

You want to Draw 960WH cool
On a 48V system, That's about 20Aamps from each 100AH

Even if it manage to work, you won't enjoy it.. C10 rated 100AH will be discharged to 0% after 4hours, to protect the batteries you need to discharge 50% thats just 2hours

To enjoy battery for at least 3 years, You must load a 200AH battery to maximize 120Watts...

So 8 batteries to 960Watts is correct..

It's your decision now, cheesy

Nicely said ! He needs a qualitative design which you have helped him a bit on smiley ... Cheer's
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2018
DUNKA:
Quite unfortunate and your review had put a real dampner on setting up a solar water heater as I had looked at Protek and other brands such as Simba,NaturePal etc but that all seem to be of similar quality and reputation and I cannot shout grin

Well the waiting game still continues until a qualitative and affordable solar water heater comes into the market while I will for now increase my solar panels for use of an electric heater.

I am perfectly happy with my Simba solar heater . Although the whole setup is heavily customized on input-output side I don't see why it would no work as a normal install without any issues
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2018
pranil:

I am perfectly happy with my Simba solar heater . Although the whole setup is heavily customized on input-output side I don't see why it would no work as a normal install without any issues
Your system is a whole water works on its own grin and it is ground mounted.

If as I intend to mount on a stand not sure if the same problem George1 encountered may be an issue.

Any feedback for Simba on a roofmounted installation?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2018
Must Power Star Light inverters with LCD display
1000w 12v=87k
1500w 12v=97k
3kva(2000w)-12v=115,000
4kva(3000w)-24v=150,000
5kva(4000w)-24=200,000
6kva(5000w)-24/48= 230,000
7.5kva(6000w)-24/48= 250,000
EP Solar 12/24/36/48v 60a mppt(i tracer) solar charge controller @ 127k
EP Solar 12/24v 40a MPPT(a series ep ever) solar charge controller @ 70k
Trojan 12v 200a J200re USA flooded batteries @ 129k...(limited quantity in stock)
Trojan 12v 205a agm batteries ... 164k
Trojan 6v 375a agm battery .... Arriving soon
USA Mnspd DC / AC ..... 50k
Schneider DC SPD ..........30k
Quanta Amaron 12v 200a vrla battery @ ...125k
Long battery 12v 200a agm battery @.....
Solution battery 12v 200a agm battery @82k
Flames 300w mono .... 47k
Watts meter "kill-a-watt meter" ....9k
Yachi solar panels ;
150w poly panels........@35k
260w poly panels.......@47k "limited stock"
310w poly panels........@58k "limited stock"
DISCOUNTED PRICES ! CALL US NOW !!
Magnum 4348 USA inverter ....@900k
Victron multiplus 3kva 48v .....@600k
Canadian 330w solar panel.....@65,500 bulk price
Joysolar modules :
160w mono 30000
200w poly 35000; mono 40000
320w poly 52,000
Protek 200L solar water heater...245k
With 30k , I can offer you a set of pro solar roof mounts including ;
2 qty solar mount rail "4200mm" ,
4 qty rack end clamp,
6 qty mid clamp,
6 qty L feet with rubber & special screw....
Same goes to angle positioning solar kits;
- Adjustable front leg
- Adjustable rear leg
- Rail splice kit
- Grounding lug
*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag products comes with reliable warranty
*AUTHORIZED DEALER INDIAN INVERTERS / BATTERIES ... Luminous PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty
*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*

For best affordable prices , contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2018
kiekie1:
Must Power Star Light inverters with LCD display
1000w 12v=87k
1500w 12v=97k
3kva(2000w)-12v=115,000
4kva(3000w)-24v=150,000
5kva(4000w)-24=200,000
6kva(5000w)-24/48= 230,000
7.5kva(6000w)-24/48= 250,000
EP Solar 12/24/36/48v 60a mppt(i tracer) solar charge controller @ 127k
EP Solar 12/24v 40a MPPT(a series ep ever) solar charge controller @ 70k
Trojan 12v 200a J200re USA flooded batteries @ 129k...(limited quantity in stock)
Trojan 12v 205a agm batteries ... 164k
Trojan 6v 375a agm battery .... Arriving soon
USA Mnspd DC / AC ..... 50k
Schneider DC SPD ..........30k
Quanta Amaron 12v 200a vrla battery @ ...125k
Long battery 12v 200a agm battery @.....
Solution battery 12v 200a agm battery @82k
Flames 300w mono .... 47k
Watts meter "kill-a-watt meter" ....9k
Yachi solar panels ;
150w poly panels........@35k
260w poly panels.......@47k "limited stock"
310w poly panels........@58k "limited stock"
DISCOUNTED PRICES ! CALL US NOW !!
Magnum 4348 USA inverter ....@900k
Victron multiplus 3kva 48v .....@600k
Canadian 330w solar panel.....@65,500 bulk price
Joysolar modules :
160w mono 30000
200w poly 35000; mono 40000
320w poly 52,000
Protek 200L solar water heater...245k
With 30k , I can offer you a set of pro solar roof mounts including ;
2 qty solar mount rail "4200mm" ,
4 qty rack end clamp,
6 qty mid clamp,
6 qty L feet with rubber & special screw....
Same goes to angle positioning solar kits;
- Adjustable front leg
- Adjustable rear leg
- Rail splice kit
- Grounding lug
*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag products comes with reliable warranty
*AUTHORIZED DEALER INDIAN INVERTERS / BATTERIES ... Luminous PRODUCTS*
*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*

For best affordable prices , contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!
Frankie na was oh angry After that horrible review of Protek you are offering it for that price?

If the price is not 50k I pass grin

P.s the 50k includes transportation to Jos undecided

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2018
DUNKA:
Frankie na was oh angry After that horrible review of Protek you are offering it for that price?

If the price is not 50k I pass grin

P.s the 50k includes transportation to Jos undecided

Jokes apart ! I saw the review but the op still stated he still has penchant for solar water heaters . I see several Protek brands working real good around me here incase you ain't aware .. Company had consignment issues which seriously affected them i guess.. Simba stopped importation due to slow market rate.. This set is the remaining from a project done last year ! All brand new and tubes"20" complete & intact strictly for interested client's smiley. Kindly contact me personally if interested.. Cheer's

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:17pm On Jul 07, 2018
GeorgeD1:

dunka,
yeah i think unfortunate is the right word. protek started out very well but now it's ending badly. so much for nigerian
white label companies.
however, make no mistake. i have never regretted going the solar water heater route and i still maintain it's the best
thing after sliced bread. you will never believe the feeling of using hot water 365 days a year without a single kilowatt hour
of electricity spent. that feeling of freedom alone is worth all the stress. if i were to do this all over again, i'll probably
do things a little differently but sure enough i would install another one without thinking twice about it.

Hello Mr George, contact me privately if you need any service parts for your solar water heater ranging from vaccum tubes, float tank,optional AC element etc .. Cheer's

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2018
chris81964:

HBD to you Sir Chris "AWPS Boss" "Dr Solar" smiley .. Wishing you longer life in good health >> AMEN !!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2018
kiekie1:

Hello Mr George, contact me privately if you need any service parts for your solar water heater ranging from vaccum tubes, float tank,optional AC element etc .. Cheer's

kiekie,
thanks for the offer. i guess the only service part i would really need now is a brand new 300l replacement tank.
if you can facilitate a like for like procurement then we are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2018
godspeed:

no hype about the epever, its just that in the low priced inverter market, its among the decent ones.....u dont wanna buy roysolar mppt do you??go for the morning star 45amp mppt CC, if you want a superb mppt cc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
The Fanpusun BlueSolar clones are not a bad deal either and they track MPPT and produce current far better than the EPever does and they are in thesame price range.

Please note, I have only tested the 60A and 70A units.

earthrealm:

no hype about the epever, its just that in the low priced inverter market, its among the decent ones.....u dont wanna buy roysolar mppt do you??go for the morning star 45amp mppt CC, if you want a superb mppt cc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2018
DROPSHIPPING AND ONLINE DELIVERY OF RENEWABLE ENERGY MATERIALS

INVERTER

MICROTECH INVERTER

900VA,12V N46,000
1.1KVA,12V N53,000
1.6KVA/24V N72,000
2KVA/24V N80,000
2.6KVA/36V N105,000
3.6KVA/48V N170,000
5.2KVA/48V N340,000.
5.5KVA/96V N340,000
10KVA/180V N790,000

PRAG INVERTER

1.1KVA,12V N70,000
1.2KVA,12V N90,000
1.5KVA/24V N110,000
2.5KVA/24V N125,000
3KVA/24V N170,000
4KVA/48V N320,000.
5KVA/96V N300,000
7.5KVA/120V N500,000
710KVA/180V N600,000

KELVIN INVERTER

2.5KVA/36V N125,000
2.5KVA/48V N125,000
3 KVA/48V N170,000
5KVA/48V N340,000.
5KVA/96V N290,000
7.5KVA/120V N550,000
10KVA/180V N750,000

MUST POWER STAR INVERTER

4kva 3000W 24V N 220,000
4kva 3000W 48V N 260,000
5kva 4000W 48V N 350,000
6kva 5000W 48V N 400,000
7.5kva 6000W 48V N 450,000

HYBRID INVERTER

VOLTRON SERIES
1.4KVA/12(30A N65,000
2.4KVA/24V50A N97,000
3KVA /48V 60A MPPT N220,000
5KVA /48V 60A MPPT N310,000
7.5KVA /48V 60A MPPT N430,000
10KVA /48V 100A MPPT N750,000
15KVA /48V 60A MPPT N850,000
15KVA /48V 120A MPPT N890,000

STABILIZER

VOLTRON SERIES
6KVA WALL MOUNT RELAY REGULATOR #45,000
6KVA WALL MOUNT SERVO REGULATOR #65,000
12KVA WALL MOUNT RELAY REGULATOR #90,000
12KVA WALL MOUNT SERVO REGULATOR #120,000

BATTERY

GENEX BATTERY 12V/200AH N 120,000
LONG BATTERY 12V/200AH N 120,000
MONBAT BATTERY 12V/200AH N 125,000
MONBAT BATTERY 12V/210AH N 120,000
ELSON BATTERY 12V/200AH N 115,000
MICROTEC BATTERY 12V/200AH N 105,000
EASTMAN 12V/200AH TALL TUBULAR BATTERY N110,000
EASTMAN 12V/200AH TALL TUBULAR GEL BATTERY N115,000
GLT BATTERY 12V/200AH N 90,000
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/200AH N 90,000
RITAR BATTERY 12V/200AH N 125,000
PRAG BATTERY 12V/200AH N 140,000
PATTERN BATTERY 12V/200AH N105,000
QUANTA BATTERY 12V/200AH N 130,000

BATTERY RACK
BATTERY RACK 2 BATTERY N 15,000
BATTERY RACK 4 BATTERIES N 30,000
BATTERY RACK 8 BATTERIES N 50,000

CHARGE CONTROLLER
ROY SOLAR SERIES
20A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 20,000
30A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 25,000
40A 48v PWM controller (LED) N 50,000
30A 96v PWM controller (LCD) N 120,000
60A 48v PWM controller (LCD) N 95,000

COWIN SERIES
20A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 15,000
30A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 20,000
40A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 25,000
50A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 32,000
60A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER N 41,000
40A 48v PWM controller (LED) N 25,000
50A 48v PWM controller (LED) N 32,000
60A 48v PWM controller (LED) N 50,000

COWIN MPPT SERIES

40A 12/24/48v MPPT controller (LCD) N 80,000
60A 12/24/48V MPPT controller (LCD) N 130,000

EPEVER MPPT SERIES
12/24/48 /45A N 145,000
12/24/48 /60A N165,000

FANGUNPSUN MPPT SERIES
30A 24V N40,000
60A 48v N140,000
80A 48v N170,000

SOLAR PANELS

JOY SOLAR PANEL
150w MONO -N32,000
200w MONO -N33,000
260w MONO -N54,000
320w MONO -N73,000

TRINA SOLAR PANEL

300w MONO -N85,000
320w MONO -N110,000

YINGLIN SOLAR PANEL
100w POLY -N22,000
150w POLY -N33,000
200w POLY -N39,000
260w POLY -N51,000
310w POLY -N62,000

100w MONO-N25,000
150w MONO -N33,000
200w MONO -N39,000
260w MONO -N59,000
320w MONO -N74,000

CANADIAN SOLAR PANEL

MONO-
290w. N60,000
330w. N66,000

POLY
270w. N45,000
275w. N59,000

ACCESSORIES

PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 15A N7,000
PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 25A N9,000

BATTERY BALANCER DIGITAL HA02 48V 35K
BATTERY BALANCER ANALOGUE HA02 48V 28K

DC CIRCUIT BREAKER 63A/120V---500V 2 POLE N 8,000
DC CIRCUIT BREAKER 125A/500V 2 POLE N 14,000

DC TV
17INCHES DC TV 31,000
24INCHES DC TV 40,000
28INCHES DC TV 48,000
32INCHES DC TV 65,000

DC IRON 150WATTS 9,000
DC IRON 300WATTS 15,000

COMPLETE SOLAR SOLUTION

Call-07058562938 Bright Solar Power

WHATSSAP 08187995847

FOR PURCHASE/ DELIVERY
INSTALLATION NATIONWIDE

https:///send?phone=2348187995847
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 5:08pm On Jul 08, 2018
kiekie1:

HBD to you Sir Chris "AWPS Boss" "Dr Solar" smiley .. Wishing you longer life in good health >> AMEN !!!

Thank you sir. You have covered all the places I can be found

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 8:05pm On Jul 08, 2018
DUNKA:
Your system is a whole water works on its own grin and it is ground mounted.

If as I intend to mount on a stand not sure if the same problem George1 encountered may be an issue.

Any feedback for Simba on a roofmounted installation?

The ground-mounted basic system is same unless you get a pressurized system which I am less inclined to purchase as a 500 K unit will probably take 20 years to pay back with Disco charging 22 NGN/unit . it is much cheaper to just by ground mounted large boiler and use solar PV
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
kiekie1:

For those willing to venture out on their own I have DC ( 12 V 300 Watt) heating element I can give away I imported it in case my solar heating experience failed.

To use it simply connect 12 V one or two panels ( or 24 V 350 Watt with elements in series) and the heater will go to work during sunny days

will require an old boiler to repurpose to store the hot water

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 9:41pm On Jul 08, 2018
pranil:
The ground-mounted basic system is same unless you get a pressurized system which I am less inclined to purchase as a 500 K unit will probably take 20 years to pay back with Disco charging 22 NGN/unit . it is much cheaper to just by ground mounted large boiler and use solar PV
My very sentiments. The very thing I do.
Hint: resistive loads disregard whether ACV or DCV input.
Caution: Thermostats care whether ACV or DCV. Fire risk/thermostat failure is very real when applying DCV to systems engineered with ACV.
Fun fact: power output is inversely related to the square of the voltage.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
pranil:
For those willing to venture out on their own I have DC ( 12 V 300 Watt) heating element I can give away I imported it in case my solar heating experience failed.

To use it simply connect 12 V one or two panels ( or 24 V 350 Watt with elements in series) and the heater will go to work during sunny days

Sounds good for experimental purposes. Sadly, I recently threw out the tank which have been suitable for such a task. Great offer though.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 9:51pm On Jul 08, 2018
My Oga Pranil,

These are the very same immersion heaters I use for battery capacity testing and also for panel and CC benchmark tests.

Boiling water is always a good way to use up excess energy.

For this solar water heating scenario, what will be the working principle to keep the hot water tank topped off with fresh water as the hot water boils away or better yet how does one incorporate a DC thermostat capable of breaking large currents?

When I first thought along these lines, I thought it best to undersize the panels relative to the water heater so the water doesnt really boil off/get to boiling point on an average solar day.

Another struggle I face is connecting securely to the heater terminals - they are so small and tightly clustered one is always afraid of a shortcircuit and no sooner does one finally get positive and negative terminals connected, the battle against corrosion due to exposure to moisture starts.

pranil:

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (1707) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Dam5reey1(m), HeavenlyBang(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.