Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,350 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2050169 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ketekete strong/rugged pass horse o!

Ketekete na donkey!!! grin grin grin

Oga Barezzi's Gennex branded Axpert clone is officially 'donkeyfied' - if we can get someone willing to push it to 7kw of resistive loads for a 3 month period and it survives, I just might port back to Axpert - they come bundled with nice user selectable customizations e.g charge amps limit, solar or AC priority, battery LVD, dry contact for signaling Gen start e.t.c

The only thing that made me abandon it then was perceived inability to handle heavy loads. What I don't know is if Oga Barezzi has one 10kva unit or 2 units of 5kva stacked in parallel like Oga Pranil - last I checked 1 unit if the 5kva was 290k range so two units stacked in parallel + all the ancillary cabling or one large 10kva are definitely inching towards premium price.

S007:

This must be a very good ketekete(horse) cheesy
Gennex Inverter (Axpert clone) bookmarked.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2018
I have 2 units of 5kva stacked in parallel.

NiyiOmoIyunade:
... What I don't know is if Oga Barezzi has one 10kva unit or 2 units of 5kva stacked in parallel
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2018
Must Power Star Light inverters with LCD display
1000w 12v=87k
1500w 12v=97k
3kva(2000w)-12v=115,000
4kva(3000w)-24v=150,000
5kva(4000w)-24=200,000
6kva(5000w)-24/48= 230,000
7.5kva(6000w)-24/48= 250,000
EP Solar 12/24/36/48v 60a mppt(i tracer) solar charge controller @ 127k
EP Solar 12/24v 40a MPPT(a series ep ever) solar charge controller @ 70k
Trojan 12v 200a J200re USA flooded batteries @ 129k...(limited quantity in stock)
Trojan 12v 205a agm batteries ... 164k
Trojan 6v 375a agm battery .... Arriving soon
USA Mnspd DC / AC ..... 50k
Schneider DC SPD ..........30k
Quanta Amaron 12v 200a vrla battery @ ...125k
Long battery 12v 200a agm battery @.....
Solution battery 12v 200a agm battery @82k
Flames 300w mono .... 47k
Watts meter "kill-a-watt meter" ....9k
Yachi solar panels ;
150w poly panels........@35k
260w poly panels.......@47k "limited stock"
310w poly panels........@58k "limited stock"
DISCOUNTED PRICES ! CALL US NOW !!
Magnum 4348 USA inverter ....@900k
Victron multiplus 3kva 48v .....@600k
Canadian 330w solar panel.....@65,500 bulk price
Sunshine solar modules :
130w poly 23000
250w poly 39000
300w Mono 52,000
Protek 200L solar water heater...245k
With 30k , I can offer you a set of pro solar roof mounts including ;
2 qty solar mount rail "4200mm" ,
4 qty rack end clamp,
6 qty mid clamp,
6 qty L feet with rubber & special screw....
Same goes to angle positioning solar kits;
- Adjustable front leg
- Adjustable rear leg
- Rail splice kit
- Grounding lug
*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag products comes with reliable warranty
*AUTHORIZED DEALER INDIAN INVERTERS / BATTERIES ... Luminous PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty
*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty
For best affordable prices , contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
Adjustable voltage guard with display 165-270v/80a 10k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 9:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
Barezzi:
I use mine with a 2kw hotplate and 2kw electric kettle simultaneously every morning 5 days a week for almost a year now.
This is with other loads of fridge, booster pump and other base loads.

I use a 10kva Gennex Inverter (Axpert clone).

[s]I think it is a completely different inverter ( 10 KVA 3 phase right) it is much different design ( can work on grid also and certified in Germany.UK South africa etc )It can handle 11.2 KW peak ( mainly as DC bus is 480 V) as compared to 380 V of axpert [/s][s][/s]

Stacking them together basically increases the peak handling to 20 KVA allowing much higher margin .

For those considering axpert clones I would suggest to import the MPPSOlar 5KW 61 V model or get the South africa version) they are built to a diffrent standarad the standard model PIP 4048MS ( Ipower gennex) are essentially 4 KW 48 V ( peak 58 V)while the new are 5048 ( 5 KW 48 V peak 64 V)

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:15am On Jul 12, 2018
Oga Pranil,

Please do you have a link/source for this MPPSolar 5kW 61v Inverter?

I am hoping also that they have an inverter only version with no charge controller built in - this should bring down the price point significantly.

pranil:

For those considering axpert clones I would suggest to import the MPPSOlar 5KW 61 V model or get the South africa version) they are built to a diffrent standarad the standard model PIP 4048MS ( Ipower gennex) are essentially 4 KW 48 V ( peak 58 V)while the new are 5048 ( 5 KW 48 V peak 64 V)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2018
Please is there microtek office at Ajah?

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
Cyberpower CPS3500PRO never dies smiley ... Works like new on tough loads wink ! Contact me privately for repairs if you belong to this old school crew grin .. 1hp split kw display in snapshot below:

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
So I let this sit for a while, then I went back to reread the original question and responses offered.

I agree with Oga Chris, DMerciful and yourself about the typical constraints of transformerless inverters in general viz a viz the type of loads they can easily carry and I said as much in my response to Oga Chris.

When I think about it, how a device actually behaves with a load is specific to its own internal design and operating environment - so I have been at a residence where they used a 1.4kva/1.5kva Luminous to power a medium sized freezer and large fridge for years with zero trouble, yet I have a Sinergy 1.5kva (similar Indian design) that always beeps overload and trips off when my mid-size fridge's compressor picks up. Similarly and if I recall correctly, Zeestone once told me of the troubles he had using a PSC Solar or was it Contec 2.5kva inverter to power a large fridge/freezer - it kept beeping overload and tripping off. Now one asks, why would a 150w load that surges to say 1kw max present a problem to my 1.5kva inverter when it is the only load and ditto why does a 2kw/2.5kva inverter struggle with a 300w compressor?

I used a 3kw Rubitec(Must PowerStar IR type) for about 2 years (replacement for my Zinox) and routinely loaded it 2.8kw and it ran without trouble - I would have the 1hp AC on plus ironing or microwave so always either AC + Iron or AC + Microwave and other light houseloads including fridge and water dispenser, sometimes 2hp AC + Fridge + Water Dispenser and it ran. Yet I know a location who bought one of the earlier 7.5kva Prag inverters which had a similar MustPower design and the machine broke several times on running 2 ACs (2hp and 1.5hp) + 2 freezers and other general loads till the owner (a restaurant) abandoned it. One can go on and on.

Anytime Zeestone tries to get me to try a new product e.g new 5kva Inverter or new battery brand or any new stuff for a client, I always say 'let us stick with the one we know that is already tested and trusted' because I believe 3.5kva in one inverter brand may behave very differently than another 3.5kva of another brand - beyond the transformer type or design, many other aspects of the internal setup and operating environment will come to play.

This Zinox in question, I have seen used with 1hp AC and other basic houseloads and no trouble, as I have said in this post and several others before, it is an excellent inverter with many features provided it is used within its design limits and remember I actually recommended it to the OP as a good choice. In my own case I used it only with either of my iron or microwave (didnt dream of using AC on inverter at the time) and it broke within 3 months - the service center diagnosis was "power card damaged due to overload" - since the inverter has a digital display and I was always monitoring the load readout, I know it never passed the 2kw mark and it was mounted on the balcony yet the service center said it was overloaded and asked specifically if I had used microwave or iron on it. Again the unit I have was an early buy in 2015/2016 - perhaps newer models have all the flaws fixed. I think Oga Pranil mentioned loading it with 7kw of ACs (he has 2 units in parallel to make about 10kva), it would be nice to see how it holds up to running 7kw of heating or resistive loads for a while grin

Resistive vs inductive load which is more straining to inverter? I expected inductive load to be more cos contractors are rated to carry more power at resistive load but lower with inductive load.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2018
Not this matter again o biko! grin

The issue was never the science or electrical theory behind different inverter designs or the loads they can carry, rather it was about the specific experience of myself and a few others who used a specific inverter brand and kW rating and it broke under resistive loads - I attributed it to the specific design of that particular inverter BUT other experts here have provided evidence that the inverter failures were specific/unique to our experience and said inverter type actually does well with the very same loads that broke mine and a few other people's inverters.

So the only new conclusion I can reach is that we either got lemons due to poor quality control or other factors were at play or all the positive testimonials got a different generation/different production batch and better quality inverters than we did although all still within thesame Axpert family.

I believe it is all about the specific inverter internals, I own a Sinergy 1.4/1.5kva that cannot power my mid size fridge without going into overload yet I recently visited a location using a Luminous 1.4/1.5kva to power both freezer and fridge simultaneously, I also dimly recall someone using 800va/900va Sukam to power a small freezer as well so what can one say to these things? Sinergy, Luminous and SuKam are all thesame family of inverters and very similar design yet behaving very differently when similar loads are applied.

mank1234:

Resistive vs inductive load which is more straining to inverter? I expected inductive load to be more cos contractors are rated to carry more power at resistive load but lower with inductive load.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by primefaith1: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
Flames Solar Panels :
150w mono ...... ₦ 23,000.
200w mono........ ₦33,000.
250w mono..........₦40,000.
300w mono.........₦48,000.
Call/whatsapp: 08084858853.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Oga Pranil,

Please do you have a link/source for this MPPSolar 5kW 61v Inverter?

I am hoping also that they have an inverter only version with no charge controller built in - this should bring down the price point significantly.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/MPPT-Solar-inverter-5000w-48v-mppt-solar-charger-80A-60A-battery-charger-parallel-able/629424_32804613735.html

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 7:16pm On Jul 12, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Not this matter again o biko! grin

So the only new conclusion I can reach is that we either got lemons due to poor quality control or other factors were at play or all the positive testimonials got a different generation/different production batch and better quality inverters than we did although all still within thesame Axpert family.

I fully agree too . see the attached loads ( upto 4.3 KW) on my ipower at office( teh motherboard was replced in 2017 after failuer) . Although I admit that it is running in an AirConditioned office with AC keeping it at 23 DEG .But is is connected to 1.5 HP Daikin inverter AC , A Ricoh photocopier , 1 HP laser printer , around 20 LED Lights ( square 12 watt type) , 6No. 22 inch HP screen plus 7no. 13 inch laptops , NAS server, security cameras etc. .

Never misses a beat. occasionally beeps overload when somebody tries to print and copy at the same time but gracefully changes to GRID mode on overload

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 11:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
hello Niyi,

got any DC/AC clamp meter for sale?

can drop your number, if you don't mind... got few other things I need you might help with.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 5:50am On Jul 13, 2018
pranil:
if you have budget you can get victron Multi ( 5 KW )900K NGN ( 10 KW peak ) they have multistage protections and handel overload extremely well and gracefully

Zero Load is between 15 W to 30 watt for 5 KW

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-MultiPlus-inverter-charger--800VA-5kVA-EN.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SXtGIx0x5w

The one I tested has the following zero load consumption values:

Full power on: 33 - 40W
AES mode: 29 - 37W
Search mode: 15 - 17W

It's an earlier unit though (firmware xxxx1xx)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
Saipro:

The one I tested has the following zero load consumption values:

Full power on: 33 - 40W
AES mode: 29 - 37W
Search mode: 15 - 17W

It's an earlier unit though (firmware xxxx1xx)

I switched off just now the input-output solar reported 27 Watt including venus, Em 3 phase energy meter and a network switch ( 5 V , 1 Amp) attached to the same battery. NO AES firmware is 2657424

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2018
pranil:
I switched off just now the input-output solar reported 27 Watt including venus, Em 3 phase energy meter and a network switch ( 5 V , 1 Amp) attached to the same battery. NO AES firmware is 2657424
Prof, you have a better product. Your firmware revision is way superior to mine (hence my quoting the firmware version).
I also made a typo. AES is 29 - 33W
Your point is duly noted.

wink

Edit: I went back to check the datasheets for mine and they're as follows
On zero load:
Full on - 35W
AES - 30W
Search mode - 15W

I'm happy with the readings (used the WizBang Jr. in my case).
Your system seems optimally tweaked. Or at least reports so.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2018
I want to DIY a Victron MK3 to USB cable. Or at least attempt to do so. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
Schneider 250v DC breakers now available in 10a to 63a specs for your PV combiner box/array integration ! Call us now if interested smiley

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2018
Saipro:
I want to DIY a Victron MK3 to USB cable. Or at least attempt to do so. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I suggest you buy one as the time spent will be far disproportionate to the gains

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Whitepaper-Data-communication-with-Victron-Energy-products_EN.pdf

check the white paper - https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/whitepapers

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 9:53pm On Jul 13, 2018
kiekie1:
Schneider 250v DC breakers now available in 10a to 63a specs for your PV combiner box/array integration ! Call us now if interested smiley

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

smiley if you want more products to stock pls. check following which might come up in demand as the PV voltages and overall sizes go up

I have not found these in the Nigerian market and had to import them when needed

http://uk.farnell.com/eaton/dmm-125-4-i5-p-b/switch-disconnector-4pole-690vac/dp/2455608

http://files.sma.de/dl/26599/Sicherungssteckverb-TI-en-11.pdf

https://www.leadergroup-cn.com/product/solar-panel-mc4-connectors-with-10x38-in-line-fuse-holder

http://www.cnsandi.cn/sdp/911164/4/pd-4607850/11787512-2535588/Professional_Solar_Energy_PV_Combiner_Box_Solar_Ju.html

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
pranil:

smiley if you want more products to stock pls. check following which might come up in demand as the PV voltages and overall sizes go up

I have not found these in the Nigerian market and had to import them when needed

http://uk.farnell.com/eaton/dmm-125-4-i5-p-b/switch-disconnector-4pole-690vac/dp/2455608

https://www.leadergroup-cn.com/product/solar-panel-mc4-connectors-with-10x38-in-line-fuse-holder

http://www.cnsandi.cn/sdp/911164/4/pd-4607850/11787512-2535588/Professional_Solar_Energy_PV_Combiner_Box_Solar_Ju.html

Thanks a lot for the link... We are gradually getting there based on logistics Sir !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by duwdu: 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 12:59am On Jul 14, 2018
pranil:

I suggest you buy one as the time spent will be far disproportionate to the gains

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Whitepaper-Data-communication-with-Victron-Energy-products_EN.pdf

check the white paper - https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/whitepapers
Recommendation noted - and would be adhered to. Actually ordered one already. Just thought I'd make a spare. Seems I'm better off buying a spare.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 1:00am On Jul 14, 2018
pranil:

Particularly interested in the in-line MC4 fuse.
Now, things are getting interesting!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 8:16am On Jul 14, 2018
duwdu:

Also at source (I think) : https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/pip-gk-series/

P34c3

The aliexpress is an official store for retail ( small order business) The inverter is made probably made in China but assembly and shipping is from Taiwan for Africa and from Germany for Europe.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by duwdu: 3:22pm On Jul 14, 2018
pranil:

The aliexpress is an official store for retail ( small order business) The inverter is made probably made in China but assembly and shipping is from Taiwan for Africa and from Germany for Europe.

I agree. I got my PCM60X to Lagos directly from mppsolar out of Taiwan. IIRC, it cost me a few $'s less, w.r.t. shipping costs. Plus, I got to establish a direct email relationship with the frontal/semi-tech rep. At a point after my PCM60X purchase, I was even negotiating for one of those new GK series, but the quoted shipping cost made me pull back. That may change in the future, though.

Add: BTW, there was a follow-up on the initial YouTube video post on the 5048GK... The key thing I got out of the new video, (see link,) is that mppsolar has formally advised of a caveat emptor: to be mindful of possible early wear on components that may be caused by repeated yo-yoing of available solar power, occasioned by cloud covers. Seeing that, someone like me may end up waiting for the second or third generation of the 5048GK model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQfJMRSTh8g

P34c3
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
Lolz. Always better to wait for a mature product lest you become like us who appeared to have gotten early concept/unproved Axpert clone units.

@ the youtube video - the sun is a notoriously fickle and temperamental mistress, clear skies and bright lights one moment and thick dark clouds the very next... We who seek Her graces must make do whenever she deigns to smile bright and cloudless upon us grin grin grin

duwdu:

I agree. I got my PCM60X to Lagos directly ....

Add: BTW, there was a follow-up on the initial YouTube video post on the 5048GK... The key thing I got out of the new video, (see link,) is that mppsolar has formally advised of a caveat emptor: to be mindful of possible early wear on components that may be caused by repeated yo-yoing of available solar power, occasioned by cloud covers. Seeing that, someone like me may end up waiting for the second or third generation of the 5048GK model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQfJMRSTh8g

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2018
I know I am going to jinx things but July has been surprisingly good for solar at least here in Abuja. My 1.8kw array hit 1.6kw on a not so sunny day. The good thing about the rainy season in this parts is the clear skies and relatively lower temperature. I find it very hard to hit peak on a normal day due to my array being over sized for my 24v 200ah battery bank.. By the time the sun is close to peak radiance (sometimes around 11.30am) my battery are in absorption, and the controller are already cutting back. It doesn't help that battery gets discharged to 35% depth of discharge. . Today was laundry hence the high peak.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ANEB(m): 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2018
Please, I need advice on the Voltron 15kva inverter. Anyone with experience on it? What's the performance like? The pros and cons of it. Thanks alot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Bb007, ojesymsym, luvlyoracle(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.