Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2055040 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (1688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
richmon74:
BREAKING NEWS!!!

We are offering a huge discount on our Solarworld Sunmodule SW255 (255W) Mono-crystalline Solar Panels.

You can get it for as low as NGN51,000.00 per panels depending

Phone/Whatsapp: 08023033135
email: contact@pbasesolar.com
bbm pin: 7950AD1E
Goodday pleade us ds promo still available?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
samnaija:

thnks for the response, freezer (140 watts x 5 hr), 3 TVS (290 watts x 8 hrs), 6 energy bulbs (120 watts x 8 hrs), 4 fans (400watts x 8 hrs) , 2decoder (20watts x 8 hrs), dvd player (180watts x 4 hrs), . this is ideally what i use, i dont use all the same time. thnks ahead.
This site will help you understand the math behind the magic!
www.batterystuff.com/kb/tools/calculator-sizing-a-battery-to-a-load.html
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:28pm On Jan 02, 2015
salam12:

- Your energy estimate = 8060W

- With your 200Amp @ 48V = 9600W which ideally you cant take more than 50% unless you want to bury the batteries early. This leave you with 4800W

- You need to double your battery bank if you must maintain the current load otherwise you need to do load shedding to increase duration

- With increase in battery bank, you will also need to increase solar array to charge the batteries and enough to maintain day-light load

thanks again i am beginning to get a clear picture. you mentioned doubling battery bank, can i simply add the extra batteries to what i have presently connecting them together, also the panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:48pm On Jan 02, 2015
Barezzi:

This site will help you understand the math behind the magic!
www.batterystuff.com/kb/tools/calculator-sizing-a-battery-to-a-load.html

very helpful, let me study it wella . o boy thnks ooo!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by whizcode: 10:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
JUO:
Washing your panel can actually do some magic
How do I contact you chief....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 4:43am On Jan 03, 2015
samnaija:

thanks again i am beginning to get a clear picture. you mentioned doubling battery bank, can i simply add the extra batteries to what i have presently connecting them together, also the panels.

- How old is your current string of battery? If more than 6 months old, not really advisable to just add up; you will need to go for new set of batteries completely.

- In your first query, you mentioned your batteries getting fully charged by 11am, does your controller has setting to rebulk if voltage drop below a certain threshold.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 4:50am On Jan 03, 2015
@ whizcode send me a pm.
I can't believe people still go to market and by 290 watts plasma or LCD TVs and 120w energy saving bulbs. If I were u, I will change my TVs, (fans) and the bulbs to led. 80-100w should be OK No matter the size. I have seen 55" 80w full-hd TV. you don't need 120w bulbs on inverter, 15w led bulb should be ok. stop wasting resources. everybody is going green some people are going red. my experience with two blade industrial fan is not good therefore I will encourage it.
@ samnaija: one of your fan's almost exceeded all the load in my house, Please do something to the load
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 5:34am On Jan 03, 2015
JUO:
@ whizcode send me a pm.
I can't believe people still go to market and by 290 watts plasma or LCD TVs and 120w energy saving bulbs. If I were u, I will change my TVs, (fans) and the bulbs to led. 80-100w should be OK No matter the size. I have seen 55" 80w full-hd TV. you don't need 120w bulbs on inverter, 15w led bulb should be ok. stop wasting resources. everybody is going green some people are going red. my experience with two blade industrial fan is not good therefore I will encourage it.
@ samnaija: one of your fan's almost exceeded all the load in my house, Please do something to the load

the tv,bulbs and fans are the total wattage combined. my single bulb is 20w. a single plasma tv is 110w.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 6:09am On Jan 03, 2015
salam12:

- How old is your current string of battery? If more than 6 months old, not really advisable to just add up; you will need to go for new set of batteries completely.

- In your first query, you mentioned your batteries getting fully charged by 11am, does your controller has setting to rebulk if voltage drop below a certain threshold.

batteries are not up to 6 months, my controller wellsee has these interface charge off 53v, load on 49v , load off 47.2v . thats the settings i can see. i hope it assists.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by schneid: 7:49am On Jan 03, 2015
Good Job Richmond74. More adrenalin to your system.

richmon74:
PROFESSIONAL SOLAR MOUNTS AND ACCESSORIES!!!

Good news to all Solar Enthusiasts and Commercial installers!

We now have for sale professional solar mounts and accessories which will help your work to have the following characteristics;
- look neat
- have a secure and firm installation
- have a professional feel
- fast and flawless installation
- have proper airflow
- easy inclination of panels between 10 - 60 degrees
- easy dismantling
- etc

They are made up of the following components:

1. Rails
2. L-Foot
3. Mid Clamp
4. End Clamp
5. Rail Joiners
6. Adjustable Front Leg
7. Adjustable Rear Leg

contact us for your supply using the following contacts:
phone/whatsapp: 08023033135, 08182218868
email: contact@pbasesolar.com

view the installation video using this system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzW5X1ZOL5w

We offer detail assistance on how to use the mounts if you buy one.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 8:40am On Jan 03, 2015
samnaija:

batteries are not up to 6 months, my controller wellsee has these interface charge off 53v, load on 49v , load off 47.2v . thats the settings i can see. i hope it assists.

If batteries less than 6 months old, you stand the chance of adding batteries of same spec to existing string.
Meanwhile does your controller has manual and can you possibly share it picture. Also, what is your battery specification as regard cycle voltage and float setting.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 8:51am On Jan 03, 2015
samnaija:

the tv,bulbs and fans are the total wattage combined. my single bulb is 20w. a single plasma tv is 110w.
got it now. but even at that your load is still much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 10:55am On Jan 03, 2015
JUO:
got it now. but even at that your load is still much

Quite agree with JUO as regard the load being too much for the present setting. If Samnaija is buoyant enough to add necessary gears to accommodate his requirements then he can go for it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 3:03am On Jan 04, 2015
ilenaira:

I sincerely hope so o. I'm just glad the panels are on the flat roof as opposed to the main house roof. When I cleaned them recently, the CCs recorded a big spike in PV input immediately.

As for fire protection, the cooling fan is to ensure things don't get too hot to reach that level. So, apart from an extinguisher (which is useless if no-one witnesses the fire), there's nada.

Nice one pal.. We didn't get the make of your cc i.e (60a mppt/pwm e tracer) ? Are your panels mono or poly crystalline pv Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 7:29am On Jan 04, 2015
DUNKA:
Goodday pleade us ds promo still available?

The promo isn't available but the products are still available at great prices
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 7:36am On Jan 04, 2015
kiekie1:

Nice one pal.. We didn't get the make of your cc i.e (60a mppt/pwm e tracer) ? Are your panels mono or poly crystalline pv Thanks

Hmmm @kiekie1

The solar panels photographs he posted looks like 'poly'. Or do you think it could possibly be mono or amorphous?
I think he also mentioned that the cc is 60a mppt but even if he didn't i think you as a dealer should've known from the photograph of the cc.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
richmon74:

Hmmm @kiekie1

The solar panels photographs he posted looks like 'poly'. Or do you think it could possibly be mono or amorphous?
I think he also mentioned that the cc is 60a mppt but even if he didn't i think you as a dealer should've known from the photograph of the cc.

My question was clear and wanted the end user"Ile naira" to brief me on the make of d controller knowing fully well its 60a tho. .. It pays to be humble so you learn more #cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bode4real(m): 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
DIY stuff with total support from BodeJohn. 30amps china Mppt CC for 960wats panel

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bode4real(m): 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
960w panel (240 each)

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bode4real(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
3.5 KVA 24v mercury and 1.4KVA Sukam wit 4 batteries of 160Aah each

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
Great stuff Bode4real...
How's the production like?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bode4real(m): 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
@Barezzi,
D installation was done like 5months ago wit 1.4kva sukam, just for chargin in d afternoon and for all my electronics bulbs at nitte, I added d 3.5kva recently for my fridge and to pump water in d afternoon, I was able to ard 3.1kw on a bright day, wit max of 24amps
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 9:56am On Jan 05, 2015
bode4real:
@Barezzi,
D installation was done like 5months ago wit 1.4kva sukam, just for chargin in d afternoon and for all my electronics bulbs at nitte, I added d 3.5kva recently for my fridge and to pump water in d afternoon, I was able to ard 3.1kw on a bright day, wit max of 24amps
this is a complete waste. 24amps from 960w panels? anything less than 35amps from that panel is not acceptable. i use Chinese panel and is rated 130w/7.1amps but i get 6.5amps from it. i see a wrong installation but there is a room for correction, your panels are too close to the zink. i have one question for you, since your panels are static, by the time sun changes position what will happen?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nannymcphee(f): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2015
pls I need an estimate (plan 1 separately & plan 1 & 2 combined ) for solar panel, inverter, battery & installation

my load

Plan1:
1 LCD (180W)
4 ceiling fans( don't know it's rating)
8 energy saving bulb(20W each, total 160W)

Plan 2:
1 fridge could be added to the above(120W)

Note: In plan 1, all will not be ON at the same time & PHCN should be assumed to be non existent

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bode4real(m): 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
@JUO
A waste ? but I get my battery charged for d nite and drain it to 25v by mornin, remember my cc is rated max 30amps, I know there is room for improvement, and presently plannin to get mounting rails from Richmon74 to at least give like 50mm gap to d roof. Since my installatin in june, av do away wit my gen. Any suggestion for more harvest is welcom.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
nannymcphee:
pls I need an estimate (plan 1 separately & plan 1 & 2 combined ) for solar panel, inverter, battery & installation

my load

Plan1:
1 LCD (180W)
4 ceiling fans( don't know it's rating)
8 energy saving bulb(20W each, total 160W)

Plan 2:
1 fridge could be added to the above(120W)

Note: In plan 1, all will not be ON at the same time & PHCN should be assumed to be non existent

Thanks

For the items listed, can you state how many hours daily you plan for each.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nannymcphee(f): 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
salam12:

For the items listed, can you state how many hours daily you plan for each.

Thanks, lets say minimum of 10hrs

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by salam12(m): 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
nannymcphee:

Thanks, lets say minimum of 10hrs

Without Fridge = 5800W daily
With Fridge = 7000W daily

Considering inverter efficiency (90%)
Without Fridge = 6380W + 200W for inverter consumption = 6580W
With Fridge = 7700W + 200W inverter consumption = 7900W

Panels Estimate = with 250W panel - 6 pieces will handle your need

Battery Estimate
50% DOD

4 pieces of 200AH will be enough for both cases

You can go for 24V or 48V inverter for both cases

Without Fridge = 1.5KV inverter should handle your load

With Fridge = 2.5KV due to surge current while starting up

Other experts and merchants can have some inputs and possible price for the items.

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nannymcphee(f): 4:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
salam12:

Without Fridge = 5800W daily
With Fridge = 7000W daily

Considering inverter efficiency (90%)
Without Fridge = 6380W + 200W for inverter consumption = 6580W
With Fridge = 7700W + 200W inverter consumption = 7900W

Panels Estimate = with 250W panel - 6 pieces will handle your need

Battery Estimate
50% DOD

4 pieces of 200AH will be enough for both cases

You can go for 24V or 48V inverter for both cases

Without Fridge = 1.5KV inverter should handle your load

With Fridge = 2.5KV due to surge current while starting up

Other experts and merchants can have some inputs and possible price for the items.

Cheers

Thanks, looking forward to the price breakdown, I guess u summed up my total load X runtime to get my total daily load
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ilenaira: 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
kiekie1:

@kiekie1, the CC is made by epsolar (http://www.epsolarpv.com/en/) and it is MPPT. My Panels are poly but the set to complete the system design will be mono (300 watts, SunEdisons). The mix will allow me to experiment with the mono vs poly debate especially when applied to a climate like ours rather than North America / Europe, etc. I'll post the findings.

Another company you may be interested in is mppsolar (http://www.mppsolar.com/v3/). My inverter is from them and they've been very helpful with technical advice on how to rectify what the plonker that I entrusted with its care, did to it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
ilenaira:

@kiekie1, the CC is made by epsolar (http://www.epsolarpv.com/en/) and it is MPPT. My Panels are poly but the set to complete the system design will be mono (300 watts, SunEdisons). The mix will allow me to experiment with the mono vs poly debate especially when applied to a climate like ours rather than North America / Europe, etc. I'll post the findings.

Another company you may be interested in is mppsolar (http://www.mppsolar.com/v3/). My inverter is from them and they've been very helpful with technical advice on how to rectify what the plonker that I entrusted with its care, did to it.

How can I buy one?
Cant seem to find the new sexy ones on amazon or ebay...

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (1688) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: mctfopt and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.