Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059631 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:03am On Jan 22, 2015
here is also one application of the Pro Solar Mounts but this time the Solar Panels are not inclined.

It was designed to support 12 250W Solar Panels

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:05am On Jan 22, 2015
The components:

The Roof Mount (L-Foot)

Here the L-Foot are securely fastened to the roof with the rubber washer beneath.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:06am On Jan 22, 2015
L-Foot distributed to hold rails for 12 panels

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:07am On Jan 22, 2015
Rails attached on the L-Foot

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:08am On Jan 22, 2015
Complete rails for 12 solar panels attached in place

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:10am On Jan 22, 2015
Solar panels locked in place with End clamps and Mid clamps

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:11am On Jan 22, 2015
Complete installation as viewed from the floor

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:15am On Jan 22, 2015
Meanwhile, here is what the above Solar Panels is installed with;

Magnum MS4348PE Inverter
Magnum ME-RC50 Remote
Outback Flexmax FM80
8x L16RE-B Trojan Lead-Acid Btteries

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 4:41am On Jan 22, 2015
Application in small system installation.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 4:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
Meanwhile if you have Outback gears with Mate 3, you can subscribe to Outback's OPTICSRE and monitor and control your renewable energy set-up on-line. I can now see if I have NEPA at home, how much power I have generated or generating, the state of my battery, inverter and charge controller. I can also start or stop my inverter from anywhere there is internet, I can stop my inverter from charging the batteries etc. Visits www.opticsre.com for more information.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by life707: 9:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
richmon74:
Solar Panels attached using the Mid and End Clamps

With this system you can adjust your solar panels installation to your desired angle even after you have installed all your panels

Good job.
The inclination is perfect , most especially during the raining season.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by life707: 9:27pm On Jan 22, 2015
richmon74:
This was one very challenging installation because the roof was so steep (56 degrees slop) and almost impossible to climb. Just like walking on a wall but our Adjustable angle Pro Solar Mount sets made it a bit easier and the structure came out solid and satisfactory.

Good job.
The inclination is PERFECT, especially during the raining season.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by schneid: 10:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
Thanks Richmon. Its good news to know I can use up to 18panels practically on 1 fm80 outback. Still waiting for the client to respond. For sure am patronising you for all my . [stuffs grin. Thanks always for your contributions here. quote author=richmon74 post=30014306]

I usually don't like commenting quickly on this kind design posts for a couple of reasons. I usually allow others to do so first while I read. One of the reasons is that I don't usually comment is the fact that the actual applications from my experiences might differ very well from the theoretical designs.

Like Barezzi and c0ogumo has calculated for you, sometimes you will see that if you want to follow the actual dos and don'ts according to the theories you won't install solar.

As a man in the field, the truth is your configuration is perfectly ok for the real life practical application. You'll be shocked that you will hardly run your battery bank (which is theoretically incomplete) down to 50% as long as you have that amount of solar panels installed. This config will run off-grid without any stress. Reason being that you'll learn and adjust your load as time goes on.

Now for the question of if you have to use one cc. Just like I said before that if you want to do all that the solar theory says you won't install solar. The manufacturers of the CCs calculates the number of panels the cc can carry by the rated current carrying capacity and that is why Barezzi said you can load up to 15 panels. But the solar standards say you should leave a head room of about 30 to 40 percent on the cc current capacity meaning if you are using an 80A cc the max load on it should be in the region of 3kw as in your design.

In actual application, I have loaded 18 255W solar panels on an Outback FM80 charge controller (theoretically wrong) on more than one installation site and it works effectively. Why? The reason is simple, it is only very few minutes in very few days of the year that the power output from the panels will hit 100% and above (as in the case of Solarworld Panels) and in such cases the cc will simply clip the excess current and no harm is done to no one. Those moments are very few that they are insignificant. For the remaining larger part of the day/year the output power will remain within the region of 80% (that's about 76A) peak which is safe for your CC operating level.

In summary, you can install up to 18 panels on FM80 should you want to cut cost as you said.

Also remember to use professional accessories for all the stages to achieve a high efficiency.

Do not also forget to buy our Professional Solar Mounts grin (page 79 of this thread)

Hope this helps someone

[/quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 3:07am On Jan 23, 2015
adrusa:
Meanwhile if you have Outback gears with Mate 3, you can subscribe to Outback's OPTICSRE and monitor and control your renewable energy set-up on-line. I can now see if I have NEPA at home, how much power I have generated or generating, the state of my battery, inverter and charge controller. I can also start or stop my inverter from anywhere there is internet, I can stop my inverter from charging the batteries etc. Visits www.opticsre.com for more information.

Nice one bro...
That control part sounds dangerous grin
Imagine you're home with family, and a hacker hacks into OPTICSRE dot com, steals users data, and proceeds to start/stop ur inverter at will shocked shocked
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 4:04am On Jan 23, 2015
richmon74:
This was one very challenging installation because the roof was so steep (56 degrees slop) and almost impossible to climb. Just like walking on a wall but our Adjustable angle Pro Solar Mount sets made it a bit easier and the structure came out solid and satisfactory.
Very beautiful and neat installation...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 10:57am On Jan 23, 2015
This low cost device -MNSPD300 lightning arrestor- Saved the $2500 magnum inverter below from 415V supplied by PHCN on comissioning of a new transformer.

The system below has witnessed two major hits by over voltage. This time around the Lightning Arrestor did a very good job by shutting off the inverter from the excess power supply and in the process gave up the ghost just like Jesus Christ in order to save the Inverter after struggling to cut off the excess voltage for about 45 mins. The client was so happy with the protection and called for immediate replacement of the MNSPD300.

The remains of the MNSPD300 was given a very honourable burial as it has left behind a golden legacy for it's family. May It's Soul rest in Peace.

The story continues...

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 11:00am On Jan 23, 2015
Barezzi:

Nice one bro...
That control part sounds dangerous grin
Imagine you're home with family, and a hacker hacks into OPTICSRE dot com, steals users data, and proceeds to start/stop ur inverter at will shocked shocked

Well, anything online can be hacked. But the thing about this if you are home and someone yanked off your inverter, all you need is to yank of the internet cable from mate 3 and then turn the inverter own again. Then change your passwords. Problem solved.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 11:52am On Jan 23, 2015
adrusa:

This is a great device.

Magnum also have Magnum Energy ME-MW-W MagWeb which does the same job and the data is available at data.magnumenergy.com.

These devices are the same in prices but they don't come that cheap
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
Yes the mount is adaptable to any kind of roofing materials.
Yes it is easy to install (refer to the video link on page 79).
Yes it is collapsible for those in rented houses meaning you can move it anytime you relocate.
Yes anyone with a good technical ability can install it.
Yes we offer free after sales support.
Yes we offer professional installation services.
Yes the mounts are still available for sale.

Our contacts still remain:

Call/Whatzapp: 08023033135; 08182218868
email: contact@pbasesolar.com

these are the repeated questions we get daily. I am just trying to answer as many as I can remember.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by schneid: 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
How much is the MNSPD300 and at what points of installation is it necessary?
richmon74:
This low cost device -MNSPD300 lightning arrestor- Saved the $2500 magnum inverter below from 415V supplied by PHCN on comissioning of a new transformer.

The system below has witnessed two major hits by over voltage. This time around the Lightning Arrestor did a very good job by shutting off the inverter from the excess power supply and in the process gave up the ghost just like Jesus Christ in order to save the Inverter after struggling to cut off the excess voltage for about 45 mins. The client was so happy with the protection and called for immediate
replacement of the MNSPD300.

The remains of the MNSPD300 was given a very honourable burial as it has left behind a golden legacy for it's family. May It's Soul rest in Peace.

The story continues...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pheleix: 9:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
Anybody out there using or used any of these 2 inverters
1. i360 superb inverter 2.5kva - 3.5kva
2. Sinergy inverter 2.5 - 3.5kva
Your reviews pls
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by schneid: 4:50am On Jan 26, 2015
richmon74:
Application in small system installation.

Do you normally screw the L-foot to the roofing sheet material or the roofing structural member. Because I observed some L-foot are not in line with the existing roofing sheets at the points where they are screwed to the structural members underneath.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 10:49am On Jan 26, 2015
Oga JUO, you got mail!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 3:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
durodee:
Oga JUO, you got mail!
replied
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2015
all,
as promised, these are nominal voltages of individual batteries takes during my yearly turn-around maintenance carried out
on my battery bank last december. compared to the results of the year before, it's very heartening to say there were no
major surprises. in fact overall string voltages returned same.

i tried posting them directly earlier on but was banned by spambot. apparently it was not too happy with all the symbols
and numbers being thrown around. so this time i've made them into an attachment.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
ok, so there you are. as the above readings indicate its now three years and counting and not a single drop in performance!
hmmmmm! i'm beginning to think that the zenith batteries were a wise choice afterall. time will tell though
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
and, talking of time, below pix shows my old 200ah zenith batteries that were used and abused for over 5yrs
before i upgraded to zenith 260ah. they have been lying abandoned for over two years now.
although i expected them to be stone dead by now, i still decided to check out their individual voltages last
december and was pleasantly surprised. each was still putting out over 10v! this, after over two years without
a single charge! zenith, i hail oooooo! smiley

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ora10g: 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2015
Hi all,
Great thread but seems like its getting dull already,... i hope not.

I have been using inverter for the past 13 years now but only on a small scale and i feel like expanding soon as i see alot of pple now prefer solars.
Currently i have 4 100ah gel batteries connected in parallel with a 12v 1000watts mod sine wave inverter and an external charger(2 spoilt and one local which i dont like as its unstable).

I will like to know if i can use another brand of batteries and amphour rating in conjunction with my present batteries while reconnecting to match the ah of the new ones, or it has to be same brand and ah rating all over, as it can be hard to get bulk quantity of same battery brand here in ghana, and i never for once seen a 200ah deep cycle battery here, max is 100ah.

Also, i will be needed a 3kw to 5kw inverter with high/fast charging capacity which is not on the high side cost-wise, as there is a decent(not so decent now) amount of electricity availability per day.

Also will want to know how to connect the battery to inverter(new one) using circuit breakers alongside.

Please bear in mind that i may chose to involve solar panels at later time as solar panel are so expensive here, like 650-750 GHS for a 120watts panel as at now, so will need an inverter which can also support solar installation.

Thanks and all input will be appreciated.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bode4real(m): 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
B4
Panels directly on d roof

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bode4real(m): 4:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
Rail setup

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bode4real(m): 4:32pm On Feb 03, 2015
Rail settup

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.