Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2073872 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (1698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by richmon74(m): 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2015
tivta:

Say what? 20kva? Just one question, will all the ac be on 24hrs a day and what are their capacities? What else will be powered 24hrs? Is it totally off grid? Ok I lied about the one question part(he is without sin cast the first stone) I await your honest reply as usual.

Yes Sir. Just one answer, the ac will be on 24hrs a day and they are 1.8hp each (the so called LG Inverter ACs). Its a data center so the servers and the routers/switches will also be powered. It is not totally off grid. There is a 100kva Gen stand by and would kick in automatically if by any reason the battery is depleted.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tivta(m): 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2015
richmon74:

Yes Sir. Just one answer, the ac will be on 24hrs a day and they are 1.8hp each (the so called LG Inverter ACs). Its a data center so the servers and the routers/switches will also be powered. It is not totally off grid. There is a 100kva Gen stand by and would kick in automatically if by any reason the battery is depleted.
. Thanks for the clarification, I would have been surprised if it was offgrid. Just out of curiosity sake, like how many panels would be needed for a daily consumption of 20kva?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:00am On Mar 29, 2015
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

BLUEGATE 3.5kva 24v pure sinewave power inverter (Last stock)....... @150k

USA TROJAN T105-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (225AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 34k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... 65k

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is just #95k compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)

POWERSTAR LIGHT 2kw 12v, 3kw 24v, 4kw 48v, 5kw 48v, 6kw 24v, 6kw 48v pure sinewave LCD power inverter " Inbuilt 35/70a Peak Charging Current" .... (In Stock)

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Ventures,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 4:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
I just topped the water for almost 1year

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by schneid: 8:20am On Mar 30, 2015
richmon74:

Hmmm.
The mounts and the panels have been completed. Its only wiring and configuration of the SMAs that is remaining

Noted boss. When next you have a fresh job, I ll be glad to join you.
Meanwhile, with the arrangement shown in the pictures, what are the direction of those panels because I can see opposite directions. By standard it should face south.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Orifok: 11:46am On Mar 30, 2015
With Nigeria already sunk in economic recession, the only way forward is self empowerment and cutting/elimination of bills. By learning to build your own solar panels, you can not only empower yourself but also you will be reducing the cost of your solar power installation. To get started, first of all, order your copy of "The Secret of Building Your Own Solar Panel" by Engr. A. O. Okafor sold for N3,000 only (contact Tony on 08122501196). Then read and digest the information therein. Thereafter, procure your materials (from Tony) needed to build your first high efficient monocrystalline solar panel rated 180W and begin the exciting adventure of building yours. Whether you are attempting this project as a student's project or as a measure to eliminate your headache on power epilepsy, hypertensive power bills and money-sucking generators, one thing is certain: there are no words to describe the feeling of generating your own Power!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2015
We would like to patronise u sir. pls go ahead with the manufacturing. we will buy. by so , we may consider manufacturing locally.

Orifok:
With Nigeria already sunk in economic recession, the only way forward is self empowerment and cutting/elimination of bills. By learning to build your own solar panels, you can not only empower yourself but also you will be reducing the cost of your solar power installation. To get started, first of all, order your copy of "The Secret of Building Your Own Solar Panel" by Engr. A. O. Okafor sold for N3,000 only (contact Tony on 08122501196). Then read and digest the information therein. Thereafter, procure your materials (from Tony) needed to build your first high efficient monocrystalline solar panel rated 180W and begin the exciting adventure of building yours. Whether you are attempting this project as a student's project or as a measure to eliminate your headache on power epilepsy, hypertensive power bills and money-sucking generators, one thing is certain: there are no words to describe the feeling of generating your own Power!

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lexi28(m): 1:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
kiekie1:
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

BLUEGATE 3.5kva 24v pure sinewave power inverter (Last stock)....... @150k

USA TROJAN T105-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (225AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 34k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... 65k

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is just #95k compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)

POWERSTAR LIGHT 2kw 12v, 3kw 24v, 4kw 48v, 5kw 48v, 6kw 24v, 6kw 48v pure sinewave LCD power inverter " Inbuilt 35/70a Peak Charging Current" .... (In Stock)

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Ventures,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !

hi, do you sell dc combiners and breakers?
thanks in advance,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2015
JUO:

So how is the gassing? ....can u place this battery indoors. ..in a well ventilated place..i prefer this to the sealed maintainance free batts
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
shithapuns:

So how is the gassing? ....can u place this battery indoors. ..in a well ventilated place..i prefer this to the sealed maintainance free batts
i have not experienced gassing. the things i know about this battery are 1. the water/acid is always boiling. 2. the battery is very noisy during charge or discharge. mine is indoor
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:48am On Apr 03, 2015
abunafiu:
We would like to patronise u sir. pls go ahead with the manufacturing. we will buy. by so , we may consider manufacturing locally.

Exactly my point !!! Hello Mr Abubakar, hope your trojan batteries are doing real good ??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
kiekie1:

Exactly my point !!! Hello Mr Abubakar, hope your trojan batteries are doing real good ??
Goodday do u have TROJAN L16RE -B PREMIUM LINE FLOODED BATTERIES (410ah)?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
DUNKA:
Goodday do u have TROJAN L16RE -B PREMIUM LINE FLOODED BATTERIES (410ah)?

Trojan L16RE "410a" has been out of stock .. Simply call me if you urgently need it @ special price rate !! Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 12:10am On Apr 04, 2015
kiekie1:

Tx bro. My 16 pcs of T105-RE batts are doing well. its been 10 months now. June 2014 when they were supplied by Richmond74. I only topped February 2015 with almost 20 litres of distilled water.

The one's you supplied for my brother ... also firing from all cylinders. he has always been grateful.
Trojan all d way.
dont forget d one u promised to dash me if Buhari wins......lols.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:04am On Apr 04, 2015
JUO:
i have not experienced gassing. the things i know about this battery are 1. the water/acid is always boiling. 2. the battery is very noisy during charge or discharge. mine is indoor

That boiling and noise results in gassing. The funny smell that you perceive is from gassing
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:06am On Apr 04, 2015
shithapuns:

You can store the batteries in a sheltered outdoors or build a battery box that vents outside. If you want batteries that will last a long time and tolerate abuse the flooded batteries are your best bet
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:08am On Apr 04, 2015
JUO:

You are better off with distilled or purified water. No impurities. Your bottled water is not really as pure as you think. It can have calcium deposits and other impurities
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kibukila(m): 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hello house my charge controller has stopped working.When connecting the cables from the solar panel it shows no current flows from the panel.But the current is flowing the meter shows 19volts flowing from the panel.I have tried to connect the battery directly from the solar panel and it has been recharged.What can be the problem.Other functions on the controller are working.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
abunafiu:

Tx bro. My 16 pcs of T105-RE batts are doing well. its been 10 months now. June 2014 when they were supplied by Richmond74. I only topped February 2015 with almost 20 litres of distilled water.

The one's you supplied for my brother ... also firing from all cylinders. he has always been grateful.
Trojan all d way.
dont forget d one u promised to dash me if Buhari wins......lols.

Noted Bro! Trojan all the way ..Trojan J185P "12v 205a" is Currently sold @ 68k but am offering mine @ 65k flat for easter sake ! Happy Easter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 12:13am On Apr 05, 2015
chris81964:

That boiling and noise results in gassing. The funny smell that you perceive is from gassing
Bros, I never perceive smell from my battery once o. maybe na another person own you dey talk
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 12:16am On Apr 05, 2015
chris81964:

You are better off with distilled or purified water. No impurities. Your bottled water is not really as pure as you think. It can have calcium deposits and other impurities
I fetched the water from a 1.5HP AC in less than 2hrs brother
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pheleix: 12:22am On Apr 05, 2015
earthrealm:
the rains are here again, and with it thunder and lightning strikes. a strike last night took out my luminous inverter, am looking for a lightning protector to buy, can some1 recommend any?

saw this on amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006H3U4HS/ref=gno_cart_title_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1SE8SE206W84H
, but would prefer any1 i can quickly buy in naija
Lightning took out my sukam but I was able to fix it. It could charge but couldn't invert. Two capacitors and mosfet driver went bad
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
pheleix:

Lightning took out my sukam but I was able to fix it. It could charge but couldn't invert. Two capacitors and mosfet driver went bad

sorry oooo brother. it happended to me too. but was lucky mime came back but my sony tv went bad.

too bad I cant afford the mnspd300 protector for now. any other short way out
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pheleix: 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
abunafiu:

sorry oooo brother. it happended to me too. but was lucky mime came back but my sony tv went bad.

too bad I cant afford the mnspd300 protector for now. any other short way out
DIY spd. Using MOVs across positive vs negative, negative vs earth, earth vs positive. it's better than not having @ all. Then a proper single grounding
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
pheleix:

DIY spd. Using MOVs across positive vs negative, negative vs earth, earth vs positive. it's better than not having @ all. Then a proper single grounding

shocked shocked I am completely lost! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isomadtech(m): 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
@all
Please I need the page number on this thread where all the calculations on battery bank size, load and the rest is. I want to do some calculations concerning a diy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
JUO:
Bros, I never perceive smell from my battery once o. maybe na another person own you dey talk

ok, so is urs indoors?.........hwo do you know that it needs water?...........am seriously considering switching to trojan flooded......anybody has an idea of how many recharge cycles at 50%dod?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
earthrealm:

ok, so is urs indoors?.........hwo do you know that it needs water?...........am seriously considering switching to trojan flooded......anybody has an idea of how many recharge cycles at 50%dod?
I dey open the cap every week. for the cycles check the data sheet on their website

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
this is from a 400w setup

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
JUO:
this is from a 400w setup

cool..max i hv ever gotten from my 1kw panel is 4650wh, i average 3750wh daily...........

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (1698) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.