Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,762 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? (48827 Views)

Which Foreign Country Can I Travel To Without Visa / 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
sukkot:
i just did, its actually like oracle database administrator lol. like in my past life i tried to dabble into that. SQL etc. too much syntax. wasnt for me

but you work in tech abi?
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Lokospirit(m): 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hi dear, If u are the one who drafted this thread that just read , I would like to advice u to take that ur 2.5million to bank and request for loan of 5m to start a better life in naija instead of wasting ur time going to over seas to studay.Can u pls tell me Aliko Dangote's academic qualification. Then i will tell u the next thing.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by KEVIND: 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
AfonjaBoston:
None .
Go to OAU or Lag spend 350k on both masters and PhD use the "knowledge" gotten to invest the remaining 2million and change.
Thank me later.

Don't go and waste your life serving the white man and marrying Oyinbo for immigration benefit.live fake credit life no tangible liquid cash in bank account. Student visa for white man country is just a revenue earning strategy for that country they don't care about you. They haven't cared enough for their citizen na one African booty scratcher them go care for??

Boy use your number 6

Fuckkkkkkk the white man's land.
Nigeria is the best country in the world

Are you Kidding me right now, 350K for Masters and PHD? That money will not get you a Master degree in University of Abuja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by crowley(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2017
misstoyo:

(so the money would be released to you when you get to germany.)
is it right away or after a few months?
its usually for a year, a portion would be released monthly. but you can get it all if you want
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Noblepreneur: 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2017
hustla:

Sweden, Finland, Norway, Estonia, South Korea probably Germany and if you can make it around 4m, australia if you can make like 7m

GL
Lol,which Australia is 7million?I disagree with you Sir.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Noblepreneur: 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2017
nevilbot:

Germany is fine. If you can survive in Nigeria, you will survive in Germany so far u are not dull. And Germany gives students work permit that allows you to work 20 hrs per week with a minimum wage of 8.5€ ( most companies pay more than that).
Bravo
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Noblepreneur: 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2017
LoJ:

Hello there,

Germany does have free tuition. Only in one particular State, is the tuition no more free. And even at that, the fees are not expensive in comparison to UK or the US.

Back to your question, if you truly make that amount of money from blogging alone, forget about travelling. Stay in Nigeria and be your own Boss. Certificates are of no use in the modern world. Some people don't know what it means to live in a foreign Land. With 2.5 million and 200k monthly cash flow, and a decent brain, you have enough to be very rich in 5 - 10 years. Forget about travelling.

I wish you the best.
Spot On

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Noblepreneur: 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
HLion:
Try canada..Simon Fraser Universityl..school fees is about 2.7m....also check Memorial University of Newfoundland their fees is about 2.4m.....Goodluck....you can also check other schools
Are you schooling in Canada?
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by swegiedon(m): 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
sukkot:
i just did, its actually like oracle database administrator lol. like in my past life i tried to dabble into that. SQL etc. too much syntax. wasnt for me
I didn't work for you in your past life??lol.what worked for you then
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by condomuser: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
As much as 200K/month and 2.5m in your bank seems big, i can assure you its nothing. You are young and you need to experience the world for probably the next ten years until you settle down, Nigeria is a dream killer.

When i was your age, i only had 300K and i used it wisely. That your 2.5m is your ticket to deternine your net worth in the next ten years, choose wisely a country where you can work and support yourself, living abroad is not easy but it is somehow better than living in Nigeria in terms of quality of life.

For example, a person who lives in a developed country and earns just $500 a month can live the same quality of life compared to a person who earns 5 million Naira a month in Nigeria, this is not an exaggeration.

Choose wisely.

7 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Noblepreneur: 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2017
crowley:

just 8 university is affected by this, and they are small state universities because of the states debt.
1. university of freiburg
2. university of stuttgart
3. KIT(Karlsruher institute of technology)
4. university of mannheim
5. Ruprecht karls cry university, Heidelberg
6. university of konstanz
7. university of ULM
8. Eberhard Karls university, Tubingen.

and the max tution fees for these schools is €1,500 unlike US where you pay as much as $40,000 in some school. every other university in germany are free.
Really detailed.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Noblepreneur: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2017
stephenmorris:
France,education in France is cheap as cheap as 185 Euro per year,you can check out their univerities,like wise Spain
Are you schooling in France? When is their application window open?
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by aydes: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2017
dammyjo112:
Hello NLanders, I am 20 years of age and intend going back to school to study computer science. I am interested in studying outside the country, since the CS courses here look crappy (I know this because i have helped some students with their school projects/assignment).

I have been able to save 2.5M in the past 9 months (Made from blogging). I make on average 200k per month. I don't have any properties (Land or House) in Nigeria. I have taken 4 gap years (Which might be an issue with my visa interviewer).

Considering all this limitation, Which (good) foreign country can i study in ? (I know germany no longer have free tuition, and other ones have crazy visa bond).

All countries in the world
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by nevilbot: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
mrchemist:
Thanks for the information pls I have HND SLT can I study in Germany for masters

Nope, with HND from Nigeria, u can only be admitted for bsc.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by thanknairaland1: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
BIAFRA d rising sun.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by nevilbot: 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2017
mrchemist:
Also someone with 2_2 BTECH can he get master admission

Yes if your 2.2 is still from 3.0 and above. Anything less that gp of 3.0 depends on luck
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by grahamokojie(m): 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
sobastical:
Lithuania or Estonia
don't waste your time there even in Lithuania the Bsc is useless worst then naija come see Lithuanian masters degree holder working in factory in uk

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by dammyjo112: 7:33pm On Jul 07, 2017
ElizaVeta:
You have N2.5M which you made from blogging and you saved it in 9 months.
Secondly, you make average of 200k a month.

You see your kind lie?

If you made 200k a month, 9 months would be N1.8M.
And you wont tell me you don't split the 200k when it comes!

Thus, where did the N2.5M come from? shocked

Stop lying biko sad
Average 200k. Not exactly 200k. Well i guess the word i chose was wrong, reason i barely passed math. If you have any idea how adsense and blogging business works you will know that your earnings can/will fluctuate. To avoid going into too much details, i just tell people the average (sorry, least) sum i make monthly (so far).

3 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by yayabu(m): 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2017
Mumu No go start business and continue your blogging. Go waste 2.5 million then come back they look for white colour job.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by bigfrancis21: 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2017
dammyjo112:
Hello NLanders, I am 20 years of age and intend going back to school to study computer science. I am interested in studying outside the country, since the CS courses here look crappy (I know this because i have helped some students with their school projects/assignment).

I have been able to save 2.5M in the past 9 months (Made from blogging). I make on average 200k per month. I don't have any properties (Land or House) in Nigeria. I have taken 4 gap years (Which might be an issue with my visa interviewer).

Considering all this limitation, Which (good) foreign country can i study in ? (I know germany no longer have free tuition, and other ones have crazy visa bond).

I strongly recommend that you study in the US. With the N2.5m you have, that's about $6,700 dollars, I know some good and affordable universities here that the amount will cover your first year's school fees, while during your first year as you're schooling you are also working and saving up for the following year. To be honest, with such amount, you will do just fine here in the US. Check out this school:
University of Houston Victoria, they are giving $3,000 in scholarships automatically to every international student admitted and you also get another $3,000 scholarship which you can apply to your school fees (about $3,000+ per semester).

https://www.uhv.edu/international/apply/undergraduate-requirements/freshman-requirements/
https://www.uhv.edu/arts-and-sciences/undergraduate-programs/computer-science/

They are currently accepting applications for Spring 2018 (January 2018). Application fee is free, TOEFL is waived for Nigerian students. However, I strongly recommend you take the SAT exam for visa interview purposes as the visa officer will most likely ask you if you took an international exam (regardless of whether your university required it for admission or not).

Also, join this thread for prospective students like you and current US students where you learn more about the school application and visa preparation process for the US: https://www.nairaland.com/3905661/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part

Members there have a 90% and above visa approval success rate because you learn all that you need to know, with no agents required. Never use an agent, no matter what people may tell you, to process your US student visa process - you can do everything by yourself. Finally, now that you have mentioned having N2.5m naira, be very careful of crooks who might want to cheat you out of your money, claiming to be an agent or to offer you some needless services. There are a lot of crooks on this forum, so be careful. From applying online to submission of required documents, you can do all that yourself. There are also schools here called community colleges, which are 2-year institutions and cheaper than universities that many students (Americans and international students) go to for their first two years, then transfer to a university and finish up 3rd year and 4th year. This can be quite helpful as it saves you a lot of money in your first two years of undergraduate studies.

I strongly recommend the US because you would want a country with good economy and high job prospects where you can settle in comfortably in the long haul after studies. I see many people recommending Scandinavian countries and co., however you should go for a country where you feel comfortable living in after studies. The US still remains number 1. Goodluck.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by Calabarson(m): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2017
Go to aptech
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by charmosky(m): 8:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
Research on scandenevian countries like Sweeden, Demark, Norway, Finland...they are all tuition free schools,
though requires you to meet some strict criterias, which you have to make your findings yourself....
After your study, you are guarranteed of your permanent stay...i like people that think the way you do
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by mynaija123(m): 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
sukkot:
togo

yeye man go and start business with that money. education is overrated.

Kindly say the kind of business one can get with 2 million naira.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by felsunseg(m): 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2017
dammyjo112:
Hello NLanders, I am 20 years of age and intend going back to school to study computer science. I am interested in studying outside the country, since the CS courses here look crappy (I know this because i have helped some students with their school projects/assignment.
I just need 1 out of that 2.5. I promise timake it 10 in the next 2 years.
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by mynaija123(m): 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
Rick9:
Guy use that money start business, why waste by spending time in class room.

What type of business can one start with that money?
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by herrdeustch: 8:40pm On Jul 07, 2017
dammyjo112:

I strongly recommend Germany for you. However I advise you to apply for a scholarship in the USA. Heck you can even apply to google for some form of sponsorship or course. You have already demonstrated leadership,enterpreneurship,and initiative by generating and saving up to 2.5 million from a blog-this is reason enough for interested sponsors to award you a scholarship as this is exactly the type of merit they want to see. As for the four gap years, have no fear as I assume that was the development period for your blog. Goodluck
Re: Which Foreign Country Can I Study In With 2.5 Million? by sfinkzslot(m): 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
dammyjo112:
OP I take God beg u just invest that money, start a business, in like two years u can get admission for unilag or ui or oau, with pocket and bank account full of money na i beg I dey beg u so o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Terrible Fatal Accident Cuts Student Into Pieces In Ghana (Graphic Photos) / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Ikire, Osun State (Photo) / Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.