Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children (22602 Views)

She's The Best Woman For Me But Not That Beautiful. Should I Still Marry Her? / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? / Will You Still Marry After Seeing This ( Pics Added ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by UnityBeggar: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2017
tosyne2much:
And he won your heart with the comment he made right? cheesy

That's why ladies always cherish men who say what they want to hear
Even when it doesn't come from their hearts.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tosyne2much(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2017
Saintmary:

You're jealous abi. Oya take your own. Btw, I used to like your posts.
Are you sure? Which of the posts? cheesy
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tosyne2much(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2017
UnityBeggar:
Ehn now cheesy
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tsmith(f): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
Destined2win:
angry

I think people who say this deceive themselves, there is a joy you have realizing you have your own flesh and blood, a child you can truly call your own.

The one you want to adopt, no be person born am? If everybody is Okay with inability to give birth, where will you see the one you will adopt. Abegiii leave matter

And what makes you generalize and believe everyone must think like you and have procreation as the main objective of their lives? Stop the tunnel vision; there are others who put love and compatibility above procreation. There ar also others who outrightly do no want kids, and so don't even wnat marriage.

Stating that people are deceiving themselves because they don't think like you is very narrow minded.

1 Like

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Claessique1(f): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
lalabrother:
Would you still marry your lover if you discovered a week to your wedding that they can not have children?

A week to a wedding, both families of the couple would be upbeat with preparations to make sure that all arrangements are made for a successful ceremony. But Saturday Punch is asking Nigerians whether during such preparation, they would still go ahead to wed if they found out their intended life partner can’t have children? Keep ur genuine answers coming...

Source: punching.com
PS: am sorry if this is in the wrong segment, mod pls modify and help move the post to the right segment. Thanks

Hmmm, that's why people say, marriage isn't for small minds but matured minds instead.
It's not going to be all rosy and easy, but really, is IT their fault that they wudnt be able to produce a seed.
And even if, they can't be judged, everyone has got his her bad sides while growing up culled from their lifestyle.
So if you know you not ready to do the, for better for worse, for richer for poorer and in sickness and health Marital Vows, I would advise you to take a walk.

Marriage goes beyond that.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by UnityBeggar: 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
tosyne2much:
Ehn now cheesy
Na so.The lies on this thread is nauseating.Some saying yes for the sake of commenting and getting likes.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
vuc1:

First of she'll have children for me( i'm always positive about life) secondly she should be honest enough to let her lover know her fertility status before he discovers it himself.That will be the basis to decide whether she stays.But if it is no fault of hers I'll love her forever.
Nice one
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by sosa993: 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2017
on a norms I can, if he's infertile. But the typical Nigerian man cannot stay with his woman through hard times, so why should I do that for a man. The man who would make me marry him even when he's sterile must be really worth it o.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tosyne2much(m): 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
UnityBeggar:
Na so.The lies on this thread is nauseating.Some saying yes for the sake of commenting and getting likes.
Someone just said marriage is for matured minds, meaning, getting married to a barren person connotes MATURITY. I laff cheesy
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Saintmary(f): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
tosyne2much:
Are you sure? Which of the posts? cheesy
circa 2014. Threads and counter threads. Your posts have grown cynical though.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tosyne2much(m): 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
sosa993:
on a norms I can, if he's infertile. But the typical Nigerian man cannot stay with his woman through hard times, so why should I do that for a man. The man who would make me marry him even when he's sterile must be really worth it o.
I really like your sincerity. There's a difference between marrying a barren person and marrying someone that only has temporary or curable fertility issues.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by sosa993: 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
tosyne2much:
I really like your sincerity. There's a difference between marrying a barren person and marrying someone that only has temporary fertility issues.

temporary or not I won't.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tosyne2much(m): 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
Saintmary:

circa 2014. Threads and counter threads. Your posts have grown cynical though.
Ooooops! Thank you very much for the motivation cool

1 Like

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by jokaka89: 2:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhjhjhjjj
I beg
No try am o.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tosyne2much(m): 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2017
sosa993:

temporary or not I won't.
Even though it's curable fertility issues nko? cheesy
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by sosa993: 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
tosyne2much:
Even though it's curable fertility issues nko? cheesy

I'm still saying the same thing, curable or not I won't. This is not a game, but real life. The only reason I'll marry such a an is if he worth it. And he must make it known to his family he's the one with fertility issues. Then we're good to go, if not, I'll move on.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tosyne2much(m): 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2017
sosa993:

I'm still saying the same thing, curable or not I won't. This is not a game, but real life. The only reason I'll marry such a an is if he worth it. And he must make it known to his family he's the one with fertility issues. Then we're good to go, if not, I'll move on.
This is what I've been telling some people on this thread

You need to see the way women parade the pregnancy section of Nairaland, desperately asking for advice on how to conceive due to the stigma placed on them by their families

A man obviously will never receive the pressure for childlessness, but the wife will be the one that will bear the pressure, unless it's known that it's the man that has issues
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by sirfee(m): 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2017
matrix600:
@ tosyne2much and sirfee, you guys are too quick to label others who do not share your position, stop being immature. If this was a debate, is this how you'll respond to your opponents?

On the subject matter, place yourself in the position of the person who is unable to have a child, how would you feel if because of that your spouse leaves you, would you resign yourself to being single all your life, and not secretly wish for someone who will overlook your situation?

If you can resign yourself to single life, do you believe you deserve it?

If you can't, then you will agree with me that there'll be some kind of joy in you when you realize that you've found someone who will stay.. Some people are there to bring joy into other people's lives. Even if not having kids is the price they pay.

I think in the process of convincing you, I've succeeded in convincing myself, so my answer to the OP is YES I CAN. It's all about choice mehn..
It is different strokes for different folks,stop speaking from both sides of your mouth.Who the fvck cares about your opinion(pretence),I'd always say what needs to be said not what you want to hear because nairaland likes won't add any value to my life.How many of you can do so without cheating on your spouse.

Good day 'Mr Politically correct'
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by sirfee(m): 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
UnityBeggar:
Because ladies love asslickers,they prefer a "yes man".
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by matrix600(m): 3:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
tosyne2much:
Mind you, I'm not forcing anyone to subscribe to my opinion, maybe it's because I'm just being a realist that's why my opinion was contaminated by the bitter truth, which you found offensive.

Do you know that it's very easy for many of you to lay your hands on your keypads claim you can do this and that, but in the real sense, you practically do otherwise.

The truth of the matter is that, everyone has got a standard and choice in life, and I believe that my standard and choice has nothing to do with me, being matured or immature. However, some many marry prostitutes or single mothers out of their personal choice while some men see it as a huge risk which they can't put their neck in

Personally speaking and general summarizing, the beauty of marriage of children. Take it or leave it
They say that all generalizations are false, so generally summarizing doesn't do it. It is equally easy for people to lay their hands on their keypads and 'generally summarize' about people's individual choices.

There are always people who do not comply with the herd mentality, the popularity of an idea does not make it stand above the less popular, it just means that most people subscribe to it.

If I say that I can marry a person who cannot bear a child, because you do not see from my eyes, do not claim that I am deceiving myself.
Even though I agree in this case that it is easier said than done, but do not forget that every thing in this world is easier said than done. But they still get done. By sheer resolve.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by nkemjacob2(m): 3:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
This topic hard o
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by matrix600(m): 3:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
sirfee:
It is different strokes for different folks,stop speaking from both sides of your mouth.Who the fvck cares about your opinion(pretence),I'd always say what needs to be said not what you want to hear because nairaland likes won't add any value to my life.How many of you can do so without cheating on your spouse.

Good day 'Mr Politically correct'
My friend park well, you cannot do something does not mean that those who can are not being honest. Right now somebody somewhere is already doing it. Wetin you dey cap. 'Mr. Not Politically correct '. Who dey talk about cheating on spouse here, na pikin matter we dey talk, no be faithfulness matter. Abi people wey get pikin no dey cheat?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by austyn0(m): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
matrix600:
Not everyone is that heartless, there are those who will consider the trauma they would be causing to their spouse if they left them to their misery. Not everyone has the heart to abandon someone they love over something that cannot be helped. This is where resolution comes in, and you hear Men telling their wives /fiancees something like ' I'll love you until the end '. There are a few people who can actually do this, and they live amongst us.

Not everybody bows to the pressures you highlighted.
Never underestimate the power of love.
very well then.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by matrix600(m): 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
sosa993:

There you have your reason 'IF HE IS WORTH IT ', so therefore you will go ahead if he is worth it. Exactly what I've been explaining, 'The worth attached to your spouse versus the worth of having a kid'. Even though a great majority will not for any reason marry an infertile person, few would if the spouse is 'WORTH IT '

3 Likes

Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tosyne2much(m): 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
matrix600:
They say that all generalizations are false, so generally summarizing doesn't do it. It is equally easy for people to lay their hands on their keypads and 'generally summarize' about people's individual choices.

There are always people who do not comply with the herd mentality, the popularity of an idea does not make it stand above the less popular, it just means that most people subscribe to it.

If I say that I can marry a person who cannot bear a child, because you do not see from my eyes, do not claim that I am deceiving myself.
Even though I agree in this case that it is easier said than done, but do not forget that every thing in this world is easier said than done. But they still get done. By sheer resolve.
If it's not easier said than done, why do MOST men take a U-turn the moment they realize a lady is a prostitute or sleeps around? Why? This is probably out of the fear of inability to conceive due to the fact that she must have aborted her life out, which may be detrimental to her womb

Now, ask yourself how many men can take such a huge risk, if child bearing is not a major prerequisite for marriage

Like I said earlier, let's leave sentiment apart and be realistic
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by davo90tico(m): 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
lalabrother:
Would you still marry your lover if you discovered a week to your wedding that they can not have children?

A week to a wedding, both families of the couple would be upbeat with preparations to make sure that all arrangements are made for a successful ceremony. But Saturday Punch is asking Nigerians whether during such preparation, they would still go ahead to wed if they found out their intended life partner can’t have children? Keep ur genuine answers coming...

Source: punching.com

PS: am sorry if this is in the wrong segment, mod pls modify and help move the post to the right segment. Thanks
children come from God
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by matrix600(m): 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
austyn0:
very well then.
I win.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by byvan03: 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
When i was younger and thought love can fry beans, yes, now hell no!!!!
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by sirfee(m): 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2017
tosyne2much:
That's why I said love is an illusion but when reality sets it, they will compromise their stand.

It's just like when two AS patients get married out of the illusion of love, but when the consequences of their action tell on their children, they hate themselves for taking stupid decisions
Thank you so much for this post,a million likes for it.This post reminds me of my failed relationship with ex,we broke up few months ago because we decided to face reality and save our unborn children from the consequences of recklessness.We are As patients which means.....you know the rest.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by tosyne2much(m): 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
sirfee:
Thank you so much for this post,a million likes for it.This post reminds me of my failed relationship with ex,we broke up few months ago because we decided to face reality and save our unborn children from the consequences of recklessness.We are As patients which means.....you know the rest.
There's a wide difference between love and stupidity. I can't even listen to any pastor even if he uses all the Bible verses to aggravate my faith, so that I will marry such a person (AS-AS). I can't let my foolishness put my child(ren) into long suffering.

Although, some people do it and get away with it but it's a stupid thing to do if you ask me
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by austyn0(m): 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
matrix600:
I win.
Laughs, broh, something struck my mind, the thought of not having kids is fearsome, worrisome and tiresome.... You Dan win, carry cup.
Re: Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children by Destined2win: 3:42pm On Jul 08, 2017
tsmith:

And what makes you generalize and believe everyone must think like you and have procreation as the main objective of their lives? Stop the tunnel vision; there are others who put love and compatibility above procreation. There ar also others who outrightly do no want kids, and so don't even wnat marriage.

Stating that people are deceiving themselves because they don't think like you is very narrow minded.
Alright noted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Women Do Not Date Nice Guys / Why She Does Not Deserve That Bride Price / Things You Miss About Your Ex Lover.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.