Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,377 members, 7,812,097 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) (63567 Views)

How To Force Enable 4G Only Mode On Your Infinix Note 4 And Other Android Phones / Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! / How To Network Unlock MTN S730/s720i Phones And Other Android Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by sholaypompon(m): 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
May God bless the Op for sharing this very important and useful tip,, Av been nurturing this problem for a while now, but easily got it solve with the last procedure... Thanks
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by peter1994(m): 7:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
Posterity will not judge me well if I do not say this

OP, Weh done Sir

I have been thinking of formatting my phone
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by holtby09(m): 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
thanks alot..... this really helped me wt my infinix �
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by zealed64: 7:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
i also went to the babel font to uninstall updates..but no option to "uninstall update" ...rather only "disable" and "force stop" are the options that are available....i have tried the 3 options mentioned to the best of my knowledge and it didnt fix my Bluetooth issue of not turning off and on most times...until after several tiring trials it will eventually work (on/off)

****MODIFIED 5 mins later.****

the bluetooth is functioning well now!!!! after i disabled and force stop babel font....the bluetooth turns off and on when clicked ....thanks OP!!! wink wink wink

C9 tecno is the fone

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by dejavuumi(m): 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
Abiodunspectre:
Most Tecno users have been making complaints about their hotspot turning of by it self whenever they put it on and I also have a caption below of a brother whom have made same complaints to me, just so you know this software related issue is not peculiar to TECNO devices alone, even Infinix users are affected by it.

Most times this hotspot, WiFi and bluetooth issues are caused by third party applications installed or updated on our devices like; babel font

HOW TO FIX HOTSPOT ISSUE ON TECNO DEVICES

Go to your phone settings
navigate your way to "Apps" and click on it.
Now tap on the three dots on the screen beside the settings symbol and a pop up will appear like the one in the attached image

as you can see there are two options being displayed there, so just tap on "reset app preferences".
once done, reboot your device and turn on your hotspot.
Should in-case the problem does persists;
go to "Settings" locate and Click on "Apps" show system apps and reset "OOBE" if that does not work
Locate Babel Font" and uninstall updates made on it..
but I am certain one of them will work most especially the first step, it worked for me and other users I have tried it on.

Source: http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/camon-aa/119470-how-to-fix-hotspot-issues-on-tecno-devices

This worked for me. God bless you plenty. It has being really frustrating for me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by ndcide(m): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
My own challenge is that my phone keeps telling me that I don't have space to install app and I should uninstall other app to create space.

I deleted apps without installing anything, weeks later phone phone says no space still.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by ezimo777(m): 8:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
Please how can I locate OOBE on my Tecno L8 plus device.

I've been having this problems for long now ooo, even planning to return the Yeyeh phone. Cos I've lost alot not being able to se my hotspot.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Excellergroup(m): 8:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
Op, may help and favour fall on you all the days of your life. Just when I was at the verge of disposing this phone, then you brought the solution my way FOC.

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by CandidSeeker(m): 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2017
igedeboy:
okay

if you see it click like

Those eyes are shooting arrows!
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Stephenomozzy(m): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
Abiodunspectre

Please o..... @OP...... though mine hasn't showed this problem....maybe "yet"
but am having a usb issue with mine (Tecno L8 lite)

it no longer shows on pc when i plug in the usb... it goes directly to charging mode without any prompt or place on the notification panel to change unlike before

I've tried close to 4 cords on 3different systems but d same gobe.

Biko please help mi

hehe... no vex dat i don turn you to carlcare o... thanks in advance

#Everyone and Anyone with solution biko epp me
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by tosynomolara(f): 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2017
tanx alot 4 d info, having same problem with my infinix but rectify now. God bless
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by oluamid(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
Thanks OP. Uninstalling updates on Babel fonts worked for me.

The next thing is how to fix my fast charging issues. Anyone who knows how to fix an Infinix hot note that refuses to fast charge should help a brother out.

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by ademasta(m): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
Tnx
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
Stephenomozzy:
Abiodunspectre

Please o..... @OP...... though mine hasn't showed this problem....maybe "yet"
but am having a usb issue with mine (Tecno L8 lite)

it no longer shows on pc when i plug in the usb... it goes directly to charging mode without any prompt or place on the notification panel to change unlike before

I've tried close to 4 cords on 3different systems but d same gobe.

Biko please help mi

hehe... no vex dat i don turn you to carlcare o... thanks in advance

#Everyone and Anyone with solution biko epp me

Follow the instructions to add your device driver's manually
Follow these instructions to update the driver manually on your PC. Once your phone is connected to the PC, drag the notification bar down & touch the Tab indicating "Charging" - Change it to Transfer files. If your Internal storage & SD Card do not still show, follow the instructions below:

On your PC go to the Start Menu & click on the CONTROL PANEL option. Once the window opens, look for DEVICE MANAGER on the list & click on it. A pop-up box will open; Look for Portable Devices [or Unknown Device] on the list & click the arrow beside it [you should see your device with a warning sign on it]. Once you click on the device another dialogue box shows; click on Driver at the top then UPDATE DRIVER.
1. CLICK - Browse my Computer for Driver Software
2. Tick,*Let me pick from a list of Device Drivers on my PC; Click Next
3. Select the DEVICE DRIVER [from where you have them stored]
4. Choose, MTP USB DEVICE
And you're good to go.

6 Likes

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
ndcide:
My own challenge is that my phone keeps telling me that I don't have space to install app and I should uninstall other app to create space.

I deleted apps without installing anything, weeks later phone phone says no space still.

Free space up to 1gb and try installing app again
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Bluffly: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2017
zealed64:
How do you reset OOBE I use C9 tecno ....my Bluetooth sometimes misbehaves...it will be on and sometimes it won't show the Bluetooth icon above the screen indicating it's on... Turning it off too is difficult, in some cases too turning it on too doesn't work...
Show systemand reset preferences, disable bable front and restore to factory setting and all wull be fine. Just did mine

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by ndcide(m): 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
Abiodunspectre:

Free space up to 1gb and try installing app again
That will Mean uninstalling some apps like whatsapp.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Ejadike(m): 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
I had this same problem too. Thanks for sharing op
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by zealed64: 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
this is a very technical procedure, hope the person that needs it understands.

Abiodunspectre:

Follow the instructions to add your device driver's manually
Follow these instructions to update the driver manually on your PC. Once your phone is connected to the PC, drag the notification bar down & touch the Tab indicating "Charging" - Change it to Transfer files. If your Internal storage & SD Card do not still show, follow the instructions below:

On your PC go to the Start Menu & click on the CONTROL PANEL option. Once the window opens, look for DEVICE MANAGER on the list & click on it. A pop-up box will open; Look for Portable Devices [or Unknown Device] on the list & click the arrow beside it [you should see your device with a warning sign on it]. Once you click on the device another dialogue box shows; click on Driver at the top then UPDATE DRIVER.
1. CLICK - Browse my Computer for Driver Software
2. Tick,*Let me pick from a list of Device Drivers on my PC; Click Next
3. Select the DEVICE DRIVER [from where you have them stored]
4. Choose, MTP USB DEVICE
And you're good to go.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Holuwarsehun(m): 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
Abiodunspectre:

The problem is rampant in Nougat
Alot of Infinix devices also has this problem
Seriously. I had to downgrade my infinix note 3 pro to Android 6.0 at Carlcare out of anger. Everything works fine on Android 6.0
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by ruke84(m): 8:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
Thanks alot bro. I have been trying to find a solution to this problem myself. Number 3 worked for me.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
CandidSeeker:

I tell you

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
CandidSeeker:

I tell you

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by bayubayu(m): 9:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
God bless you. It worked on my infinix hot 4. Been having the issue since.

Make money online.
Check my signature
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Tunechi1(m): 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2017
pweshboi:
Asin ehn, op tanx for this info... I have the same problem on my infinix hot note.
I just resolved the problem on my phone, was actually thinking of formatting it before. thanks once again for this info @OP
so we av been in the same situation? been thinking of also formatting my hot note also.
thanks to the op

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by supereagle(m): 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
Abiodunspectre:
Mod Should help push to front page
Worked on my CAMON CX and can help other Tecno and Infinix users on Nairaland fix their WiFi hotspot issues.

cc:

honeric01

semid4lyfe
lalasticlala
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

You need a � clapping offering for knowing all the moderators.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by ethicalUser(m): 9:21pm On Jul 14, 2017
Thanks OP it worked for me. Been battling with this issue for over 3montha now. That useless babel font app was the cause. But OP sha u for give credit to tecno tech guys they actually came up with the fix.
http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/camon-aa/119464-how-to-fix-hotspot-issues-on-tecno-devices
Meanwhile this is the kind of topics we shud be seeing here, not all those useless snake and cat thread.

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by softtouch2(m): 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
Chai!!!! so many of these Tecno users have been suffering since grin grin grin

Later una go invade other phone thread like locust, masturbating on how "good" Tecno was. undecided

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by ethicalUser(m): 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
oluamid:
Thanks OP. Uninstalling updates on Babel fonts worked for me.

The next thing is how to fix my fast charging issues. Anyone who knows how to fix an Infinix hot note that refuses to fast charge should help a brother out.
The problem is the cable. Look for original infinix cable u will get ur phone back to fast charge mode.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Kakamorufu(m): 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
wow. thanks. it worked on my infinix
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Chamber10(m): 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
Abiodunspectre:
Most Tecno users have been making complaints about their hotspot turning of by it self whenever they put it on and I also have a caption below of a brother whom have made same complaints to me, just so you know this software related issue is not peculiar to TECNO devices alone, even Infinix users are affected by it.

Most times this hotspot, WiFi and bluetooth issues are caused by third party applications installed or updated on our devices like; babel font

Now tap on the three dots on the screen beside the settings symbol and a pop up will appear like the one in the attached image

as you can see there are two options being displayed there, so just tap on "reset app preferences".
go to "Settings" locate and Click on "Apps" show system apps and reset "OOBE" if that does not work
but I am certain one of them will work most especially the first step, it worked for me and other users I have tried it on.

Source: http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/camon-aa/119470-how-to-fix-hotspot-issues-on-tecno-devices

Thank you Op for sharing.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by dozzy001(m): 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
Abiodunspectre:

How do I get what you just explained please, I have been having this issues for months

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price / How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics / Blazing!!! Get 9mobile 1GB For N200 Valid For 3days: Everybody is Eligible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.