Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,953 members, 7,814,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) (63580 Views)

How To Force Enable 4G Only Mode On Your Infinix Note 4 And Other Android Phones / Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! / How To Network Unlock MTN S730/s720i Phones And Other Android Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by mickeysylva: 10:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
tojahh:
Mine..... The bbm cannot work on my phone unless I connect via hotspot in another phone same thing with my bank app.

When I connect via hotspot I can only use the bbm and the bank app never worked with my subscribed data.
the problem will be solved only when factory setting is restored which means u ave to loose everything on ur phone... Looking for some oda away apart from this... I ave done this twice
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by ayodeji17: 10:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
Thanks Op...my infinix note 3 is working fine now.... .issue resolved smiley smiley
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by shawtie18(f): 11:07pm On Jul 14, 2017
I am having this same problem on my Gionee m5
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by OOLUSEG(m): 11:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
Great job guy
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by maoyinlola: 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
Thank you OP, it has worked so far.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by glogirlie(f): 12:02am On Jul 15, 2017
Tanx for dis info... i was told d solution was to format my fone. because my Bluetooth, hotspot, wife, xender is mal functioning
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 15, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

God bless the OP for sharing this post.

Off to try this on my Infinix Note 2 as I have been battling this same issue for a month now.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Adek15(m): 12:16am On Jul 15, 2017
Thanks op, it's very helpful..

The issue I have on my hot4 is the "screen overlay" ish.. It's very frustrating as I can't open some apps when its madness starts. How can I get rid of it for ever
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Adek15(m): 12:19am On Jul 15, 2017
henryobinna:
Does this only affect Tecno phones?

I'm not a fan anyway.

By the way here's fifa 14 apk with latest players https://www.droidpost.com/2017/07/unlocked-fifa-14-apk-2017-players-update.html
guy, you no try at all. I rushed to subscribe so I can download the file only to discover that I'd opened a website full of malwares.. And the apk isn't even there
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by dimeji877(m): 12:34am On Jul 15, 2017
Abiodunspectre:

Follow the instructions to add your device driver's manually
Follow these instructions to update the driver manually on your PC. Once your phone is connected to the PC, drag the notification bar down & touch the Tab indicating "Charging" - Change it to Transfer files. If your Internal storage & SD Card do not still show, follow the instructions below:

On your PC go to the Start Menu & click on the CONTROL PANEL option. Once the window opens, look for DEVICE MANAGER on the list & click on it. A pop-up box will open; Look for Portable Devices [or Unknown Device] on the list & click the arrow beside it [you should see your device with a warning sign on it]. Once you click on the device another dialogue box shows; click on Driver at the top then UPDATE DRIVER.
1. CLICK - Browse my Computer for Driver Software
2. Tick,*Let me pick from a list of Device Drivers on my PC; Click Next
3. Select the DEVICE DRIVER [from where you have them stored]
4. Choose, MTP USB DEVICE
And you're good to go.

Thank u very much for this...
God bless u abundantly
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Ehrick(m): 12:59am On Jul 15, 2017
Finally!!!! Thanks pal smiley
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by henryobinna(m): 3:20am On Jul 15, 2017
Adek15:
guy, you no try at all. I rushed to subscribe so I can download the file only to discover that I'd opened a website full of malwares.. And the apk isn't even there
calm bro, if bt adfly shortened links you mean malwarres then you're totally wrong bro,
Those are just shortened links that you to the main download files.
I promise you there's no malware hosted on the site, it's just few browsers like UC browser that give suchwrong information about adfly links.

About the game not available there, you're also wrong.
If you're really interested in downloading the unlocked FIFA 14 with latest players, I'd advise you follow the instructions clearly and trust me you'll successfully​download it, if you and I can share you screenshot of mine.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by ucheclub(m): 4:57am On Jul 15, 2017
I have done all the three methods in my Infinix HOT 4. Is still doing.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Juenwume: 5:53am On Jul 15, 2017
Bros thank you very much. God bless you. My infinix hot 4 pro hotspot is back.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 15, 2017
Abiodunspectre:
Most Tecno users have been making complaints about their hotspot turning of by it self whenever they put it on and I also have a caption below of a brother whom have made same complaints to me, just so you know this software related issue is not peculiar to TECNO devices alone, even Infinix users are affected by it.

Most times this hotspot, WiFi and bluetooth issues are caused by third party applications installed or updated on our devices like; babel font

HOW TO FIX HOTSPOT ISSUE ON TECNO DEVICES

Go to your phone settings
navigate your way to "Apps" and click on it.
Now tap on the three dots on the screen beside the settings symbol and a pop up will appear like the one in the attached image

as you can see there are two options being displayed there, so just tap on "reset app preferences".
once done, reboot your device and turn on your hotspot.
Should in-case the problem does persists;
go to "Settings" locate and Click on "Apps" show system apps and reset "OOBE" if that does not work
Locate Babel Font" and uninstall updates made on it..
but I am certain one of them will work most especially the first step, it worked for me and other users I have tried it on.

Source: http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/camon-aa/119470-how-to-fix-hotspot-issues-on-tecno-devices

I have been trying this since on my Infinix Note 2 but it is not working. Please OP help out.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by meggitto21: 6:24am On Jul 15, 2017
Tnks so much for this info the first step worked on my infinix hot 4
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:28am On Jul 15, 2017
dozzy001:

How do I get what you just explained please, I have been having this issues for months
Just tap on reset App preference
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by sucobaba(m): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2017
thanks op,worked like charm
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by GeneralJB(m): 8:55am On Jul 15, 2017
Thanks Op, it worked on my infinix note 2, I was already worried when the bluetooth and hotspot stopped working. Kudos
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by superfelix: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2017
dhaking:
tnx OP, I jux solved d same P wit my Tecno L8+ with the last step and its now working perfectly.
tnx a lot...very very helpful
Pls, wen yuu uninstall d update of babel font, did yuu stil ave yur Font, as in d one yuu downloaded b4? cuz i can't find d second step..
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Boyooosa(m): 11:00am On Jul 15, 2017
og2711:

Was it this father in the picture that said it?

If not, you have broken the 9th commandment and borne false witness
BUYING LAND IN A DEVELOPING AREA IS A FORESIGHT!
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nice one. very informative
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Ibetokennedy(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2017
I did the uninstall updates on babel fonts also the reset preference but can't fine the OOBE on my INFINIX NOTE 2,and my Bluetooth started working but my Hotspot is still turning off..SOME ONE HELP
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Adek15(m): 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2017
henryobinna:
calm bro, if bt adfly shortened links you mean malwarres then you're totally wrong bro,
Those are just shortened links that you to the main download files.
I promise you there's no malware hosted on the site, it's just few browsers like UC browser that give suchwrong information about adfly links.

About the game not available there, you're also wrong.
If you're really interested in downloading the unlocked FIFA 14 with latest players, I'd advise you follow the instructions clearly and trust me you'll successfully​download it, if you and I can share you screenshot of mine.
sorry. I shouldn't have come at you like that.. Na the Sub and time wasted pain me..

The problem still persist Even on opera ...
What can i do?
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by henryobinna(m): 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
Adek15:
sorry. I shouldn't have come at you like that.. Na the Sub and time wasted pain me..

The problem still persist Even on opera ...
What can i do?
sorry for the inconvenience, I'll fix all that and reply your comment.
I saw your comment.

thanks
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Adek15(m): 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
henryobinna:
sorry for the inconvenience, I'll fix all that and reply your comment.
I saw your comment.

thanks
OK. Waiting patiently
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Behankey(m): 3:59am On Jul 16, 2017
Hope this will solve the issues people have been experiencing with their hotspot.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by scarycuteface(m): 5:04am On Jul 16, 2017
Most Tecno users have been complaining about this. Thanks for the information.
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by Shadedtee: 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
zealed64:
How do you reset OOBE I use C9 tecno ....my Bluetooth sometimes misbehaves...it will be on and sometimes it won't show the Bluetooth icon above the screen indicating it's on... Turning it off too is difficult, in some cases too turning it on too doesn't work...

My C9 does that too, just go to hi manager and click on settings then turn the notification bar display on

1 Like

Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by datyorubaboy: 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2017
Nice tips
Re: Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) by omoalajah(m): 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2017
Thanks OP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price / Blazing!!! Get 9mobile 1GB For N200 Valid For 3days: Everybody is Eligible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.