Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? (12361 Views)

Who Was Nigeria's Bravest Soldier? / Trade By Barter Market Effective In Cross River After 63 Years / Awka Should Be Ashamed Of Itself - Why Is It Underdeveloped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
Sagay212:

something must be really wrong with the Op...I really do not understand the rubbish comparison he is trying hard to make. If the whites were still in control. things would have been far better than now. At least we go get light.

SMH, any research to back up this nonsensical statement. The OP is actually correct. Do some research (a simple Google Query) of what the British have taken from the African continent and not returned. This is not rocket science.
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Sagay212: 5:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

SMH, any research to back up this nonsensical statement. The OP is actually correct. Do some research (a simple Google Query) of what the British have taken from the African continent and not returned. This is not rocket science.

Phuck! i don't need to do any rubbish research... The OP is going nuts. Whatever they have taken and not returned..they have left your country long long time and you have not made any reasonable progress. Since the democratic dispensation in Nigeria, your idioti.c politicians have been promising the same water, light, good roads, quality education , eradication of corruption, creation of more jobs...same old bullshi.t every time they campaign. Yet the things they promise keep getting worse. I don't know where you phuckers live because most you just come online and support the useless politicians while in US or UK. Almost all the roads in lagos are messed up at the moment and the useless govt won't do anything to fix it..rather the idio.ts will be arguing who owns the road between FG and state government. mad people. Leave the British alone. At least the educated you and are still educating you till today becausevmany of you still run to their country for quality education. You can't construct any road or bridges without the help of the same whites even though you pay them so much. The British still come here to train your army.. I really don't know the rubbish you guys are on about. focus on your crazy politicians and leave the white man alone. They have their problems too.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Sagay212:

Phuck! i don't need to do any rubbish research... The OP is going nuts. Whatever they have taken and not returned..they have left your country long long time and you have not made any reasonable progress. Since the democratic dispensation in Nigeria, your idioti.c politicians have been promising the same water, light, good roads, quality education , eradication of corruption, creation of more jobs...same old bullshi.t every time they campaign. Yet the things they promise keep getting worse. I don't know where you phuckers live because most you just come online and support the useless politicians while in US or UK. Almost all the roads in lagos are messed up at the moment and the useless govt won't do anything to fix it..rather the idio.ts will be arguing who owns the road between FG and state government. mad people. Leave the British alone. At least the educated you and are still educating you till today becausevmany of you still run to their country for quality education. You can't construct any road or bridges without the help of the same whites even though you pay them so much. The British still come here to train your army.. I really don't know the rubbish you guys are on about. focus on your crazy politicians and leave the white man alone. They have their problems too.

Herein lies the problem shocked

You are correct though in some aspects, Politicians do contribute to part of the problem actually I would say a great portion of it, about 75%.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Deedeedee3: 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

Ok now I know that you absolutely have no idea what is going on, nor do you read. In the past 15 years India has grown tremendously. I feel as if I am wasting my time. Europe has a lot of people that are extremely destitute so you are not really making any sense. There is not one country (except maybe Switzerland) that does not have a significant population of poor/destitute people (and yes I am referring to extremely poor).

I think instead of shooting out of your hip, perhaps you should do more research to validate the rubbish you are posting. You would do anything to justify your kissing of white behind huh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)
See why i said you are ignorant? You just posted information about PPP not GDP. Indian with a population of about 1.2 billion people is the 7th largest economy in the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
Who said there are no poor people in Europe? You are the most ignorant person i have known. You are comparing level of poverty in india to that of Europe. Are you serious? It is expected that india economy must grow since it has a very large population. India GDP per capita is between $1,600 to $1,700. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita.
Men you dont know what your are saying. So to you anybody that has refused to blame the whites are licking their asses right.
The whites have left you for decades while you still blame them.
Mr rossik AKA Fulaman198, still blaming the whites.
I will only blame the whites for creating this country

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Sagay212: 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fulaman198:

Herein lies the problem shocked

You are correct though in some aspects, Politicians do contribute to part of the problem actually I would say a great portion of it, about 75%.

about 75%? and the white man contributes 25% abi. Continue to give excuse for the failure of the evil Nigerian politicians....a government that will see a small pot hole in the middle of the road and leave it for almost a year till it becomes a huge well and cause traffic jam for days only to wake up on a rainy day after close to a year to say they want to fix it and after fixing, it goes bad the next month. if the government can do things as simple and easy as maintaining a road, i wonder how they'll ever achieve steady power supply and quality education and health care. let me remind you that your president is in the same Uk receiving treatment. I am sure the white men did not allow us build good hospitals with up to date facilities here.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Fulaman198(m): 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
Deedeedee3:

See why i said you are ignorant? You just posted information about PPP not GDP. Indian with a population of about 1.2 billion people is the 7th largest economy in the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
Who said there are no poor people in Europe? You are the most ignorant person i have known. You are comparing level of poverty in india to that of Europe. Are you serious? It is expected that india economy must grow since it has a very large population. India GDP per capita is between $1,600 to $1,700. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita.
Men you dont know what your are saying. So to you anybody that has refused to blame the whites are licking their asses right.
The whites have left you for decades while you still blame them.
Mr rossik AKA Fulaman198, still blaming the whites.
I will only blame the whites for creating this country

Keep kissing arse and not providing evidence also if you have been following along GDP PPP is FAR MORE important than GDP nominal per capita. You must have not read too much econ

PPP is the most important kind of GDP as it gives you the purchasing power of a country. You are looking at it from a per person earning PoV.

"GDP comparisons using PPP are arguably more useful than those using nominal GDP (see List of countries by GDP (nominal)) when assessing a nation's domestic market because PPP takes into account the relative cost of local goods, services and inflation rates of the country, rather than using international market exchange rates which may distort the real differences in per capita income. It is however limited when measuring financial flows between countries. PPP is often used to gauge global poverty thresholds and is used by the United Nations in constructing the human development index. These surveys such as the International Comparison Program include both tradable and non-tradable goods in an attempt to estimate a representative basket of all goods."

That excerpt is taken from Investopedia.

It does not matter how much in denial many of you are here, it is what it is. India's GDP is #3. There is no other GDP more important than PPP.

At least come at me with a good argument next time.

Me and Rossikk are not the same guy, however he seems to make more logical sense than most people on NL which makes me believe that he attended a top Western school.
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by googi: 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
Actually the op is right.

We can blame our politicians all we want. It is like the slaves blaming house nagas and massa that are themselves Africans for their sorry state getting more whipped from them than from the slave owners.

You have been asked many times over. What is the economic basis for the fall of the naira? Better still, what is the gold standard basis for the fall of Zimbabwe dollars.

You will find African economists falling over themselves explaining why according to the theories of their slave masters.

When the gold standard could not work for those that named a country Gold Coast, they ditched it and start printing papers. Today there are more $100.00 bills outside USA than inside.

Africans say if you want to hear true word, ask a mad man. When Trump was told US is the biggest world debtor and what would he do is the world cash their credits.

The mad man gave the real truth out. Just print more dollars.

It does not mean that our politicians are not bastards. How many times have you shown them the calabash or Occupy both Houses?

Oh, they just have to throw you the bones and ethnic fight would start while the bastards would laugh to the treasury.

A dey laff O!

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by TheEminentLaity: 12:07am On Jul 24, 2017
Interesting
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by googi: 1:27am On Jul 24, 2017
Interesting is not good enough. Where are all the fake economic gurus that plunge Africans into mere cheap raw materials producer bought at cowry price while they majestically support exchange rates to the detriment of stubborn leader like Mugagbe and other Africans.

Specifically, what did Nigeria do to deserve a bloody printed US paper to 400 naira?

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by urahara(m): 8:01am On Mar 17, 2019
ezeagu:

You're ahead of them in a stagnant state, only giving the illusion of progress through averaged data and unreliable statistics. Funnily enough, you've been very quick to mention how the other Asian states were helped by the United States, but there's no elongated discussion about Vietnams history here and how the US is known to have isolated them for years.

The nominal per capita for Viet is 2,553.987 projected for 2017, and 2,741.226 for 2018, that is how fast they are growing. They have set their sights firmly on developed status, by 2020 Nigeria will be officially behind them (Nigeria is already behind them). In 2016 they grew by over 6% while Nigeria lagged at 1.6%.

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2014/02/weodata/weorept.aspx?pr.x=73&pr.y=7&sy=2014&ey=2018&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=582&s=NGDPD%2CNGDPDPC%2CPPPGDP%2CPPPPC%2CLP&grp=0&a=

They have huge growth in tourism, while people actively avoid Nigeria, even those that travel to Africa regularly.

First of all, Nigeria completely relies on oil, while Vietnam has a more diversified economy. The average life expectancy of a Nig is 52 years and for Viet it's around 75. Vietnam still has issues, but it's an investment magnet that's being eyed by everyone, the political climate is sturdy, and there aren't a whole bunch of IDP camps and mumus blowing themselves up all over the place, etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-16567315
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13949550

Now which magical Europeans did this for them?

Not to mention Ho Chi Minh city, commercial capital, has nothing nearly like Makoko or are removing them and upgrading the people living, it isn't a huge heap of garbage like Lagos, Vietnam has steady electricity and running water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmm1L6blxLM

One amazing thing about Vietnam that amazes me is that despite bastardly high corruption in Vietnam , they are still developing at lightening speed.
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by omohayek: 10:18am On Mar 17, 2019
urahara:

One amazing thing about Vietnam that amazes me is that despite bastardly high corruption in Vietnam , they are still developing at lightening speed.
The Vietnamese communists are certainly plagued by endemic corruption, but at least they are able and willing to learn from the examples of their more successful neighbors, which is far more than can be said for Nigeria's political class. Even on the rare occasion when Nigerian politicians aren't personally kleptocrats, they more than cancel out this virtue by their utter economic illiteracy and mulish refusal to heed expert advertise - Buhari being the most notorious case in point.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by urahara(m): 10:22am On Mar 17, 2019
omohayek:

The Vietnamese communists are certainly plagued by endemic corruption, but at least they are able and willing to learn from the examples of their more successful neighbors, which is far more than can be said for Nigeria's political class. Even on the rare occasion when Nigerian politicians aren't personally kleptocrats, they more than cancel out this virtue by their utter economic illiteracy and mulish refusal to heed expert advertise - Buhari being the most notorious case in point.

I swear to God !!!!!
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by Curlieweed: 4:53pm On Mar 18, 2019
omohayek:

Corruption is just a red herring. The real problem with Nigeria (and similar colonial creations in Africa) is that no one really owns the country. The country is an orphan. It is a case of Tragedy of the Commons, writ large.
Re: Why Was Nigeria Underdeveloped After 63 Years Of White Rule? by erico2k2(m): 5:07am On Jan 22, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Well to start with am a marine engineer and in the maritime sector in Africa the Ghanaian, Egyptian and south African licenses are well respected. The first job I got straight out of school was with my Ghanaian certificate and to think that the company was located in Texas. I am also working on another company now and once I told them where I graduated from they were very excited to have me join them but in Nigeria the reverse is the case our licenses are not even respected in Nigerian waters talk less of outside the country. Someone who has never even sailed before in Nigeria can forge a captains license. Nigerians ruined the maritime industry and the Nigerian license. The other federal universities like KNUST and university of Ghana are well respected all over. They have exchange programs with top universities in Europe and the USA, very quality lecturers. Their universities are well funded. Neat campuses, nice classrooms and well maintained hostels.

And Ghana has far better infastructure than Nigeria. Though they have smaller single carriage roads, roads are well maintained. They have constant electricity and their citizens live far better lives than Nigerians.
I thought you said you graduated 2017?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Adamu Garba Unable To Purchase Form Due To High Cost / Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive / Ezeife: Why South-East, South-South May Withdraw Support For PDP In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.