Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Thinking Out Loud! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thinking Out Loud! (7945 Views)

Why Do You Sleep In Church Even With The Loud Speakers? / Thinking Out Loud / Kissing Hanks Ass: A Look At Religious Thinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Out Loud! by felixomor: 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2017
ValentineMary:

If you read above, you would see where I said that it was to maintain a flourishing society that is not in anarchy.

Sorry you are still dancing.
There is nothing like "maintain flourish society" without a universal purpose.
There is no reason for such thing without a universal meaning. Absolutely no reason. Get it.

Besides, who is the first person or authority that brought the idea of maintaining "a flourish society"
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by ValentineMary(m): 10:28am On Jul 24, 2017
felixomor:

Sorry you are still dancing.
There is nothing like "maintain flourish society" without a universal purpose.
There is no reason for such thing without a universal meaning. Absolutely no reason. Get it.

Besides, who is the first person or authority that brought the idea of maintaining "a flourish society"
Pls tell me the universal concept behind the primitive civil system of the San bushmen in the Kalahari? And pls the question in bold is just wrong. It's like asking me to tell you the name of the first human to evolve to it's current form.
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by felixomor: 10:41am On Jul 24, 2017
ValentineMary:

Pls tell me the universal concept behind the primitive civil system of the San bushmen in the Kalahari? And pls the question in bold is just wrong. It's like asking me to tell you the name of the first human to evolve to it's current form.

Sorry brah,
There is no such thing as "Primitive civil system" of the San bushmen!
Maybe you dont know what "civil" means?

Stop formulating new items to cover tracks.

And by the way, is this the answer to the question?

Your difficulty is admitting that your argument of universal meaninglessness renders you unable to say
"You dont know"
Simple.
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by ambassagod: 11:02am On Jul 24, 2017
jonbellion:
and how is the creator the christian God
Una matter don tire me

Why so pained to strikethrough the op?

You don't believe in God, let alone the Christian ideology of God, yet you are still pained!!
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by ambassagod: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2017
felixomor:
^^^^^
||||||||

The delusional people all above me though......
Its obvious 4everGod really dealt with you people.

Chai undecided
By the way, nice write-up Op.

As in eh... grin grin grin

4everGod has always been like "A Delusion destroyer". grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thinking Out Loud! by ambassagod: 11:08am On Jul 24, 2017
felixomor:

All these things you are saying "civil law", "moral construct" etc
Already defeats your argument that life has no meaning or purpose

The 2 reasons are
1. You cant categorically tell us the origins of moral construct and civil laws without a primordial superior moral constructor

2. They will be useless if life had no real meaning or purpose.

As in eh...

Your no 2 weak me finish. Me just taya for these guys. grin grin
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by ambassagod: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2017
ValentineMary:

We originated moral laws and civil laws by our communal relationship which was inevitable as man began to grow in population and the need for community across. The civil laws were ment to keep us in check.
They would not be useless as they ensure the continuous growth of our species.
Why should it even matter to keep us in check in the first place?? Other animals don't even bother, why must we even bother in the first place?
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by ambassagod: 11:12am On Jul 24, 2017
felixomor:

Sorry who is the first superpower that wanted humans "kept in check" as you claim?

Remember there is no universal purpose of life, as you claim, so why desire to keep fellow humans in check?

Some of you claim the universe originated by accidental collisions, why not just allow everything to continue to collide purposelessly and aimlessly?

And please who is the first man that originated "civil laws" and when?
Who is the first man to originate good and bad?
And other things like marriage, who originated it also?

By the time, you answer these questions,
Purpose and meaning will be oozing from your answers.

Val come and answer this o
Remember there is no universal purpose of life, as you claim, so why desire to keep fellow humans in check?

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Out Loud! by ambassagod: 11:13am On Jul 24, 2017
ValentineMary:

I don't think u have been following this discussion. All these questions have been answered earlier. Me saying it again would be unnecessary repetition

LMAO!!

HE ESCAPES!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by ambassagod: 11:15am On Jul 24, 2017
DeSepiero:

You're expecting to hear GOD?
Funny!!!
Point out where he said that.

The worst is that most of you guys don't even know what the concept "God" really means. That's the dumbest. grin
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by ambassagod: 11:16am On Jul 24, 2017
felixomor:

Sorry
I dont need to hear God from you, anybody who knows an iota of logic already sees the hole in his argument.

I know quite well you have phobia for sound logic.

That's eh, I was in awe when I saw that.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Out Loud! by ambassagod: 11:17am On Jul 24, 2017
ValentineMary:

If you read above, you would see where I said that it was to maintain a flourishing society that is not in anarchy.

Oga shift. Your time is up. grin
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by felixomor: 11:19am On Jul 24, 2017
ambassagod:

As in eh...

Your no 2 weak me finish. Me just taya for these guys. grin grin

Honestly bro.
They just continue to conjure theories that defeat their own arguments.
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by lepasharon(f): 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
ambassagod:

As in eh... grin grin grin

4everGod has always been like "A Delusion destroyer". grin
Where he at tho? Why won't he show himself
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by frank317: 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2017
ambassagod:

Why should it even matter to keep us in check in the first place?? Other animals don't even bother, why must we even bother in the first place?

you can decide not to bother... no one is forcing u
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by frank317: 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2017
All i can get from the op is that she is a pained christian who cannot believe that some humans do not subscribe to her sky daddy whom she believe is the source of her life. Seeing other who do not care about her source of life is so unbelievable that she has to force herself to believe all is not well with atheists.
face it sis, your God obviously does not exist... and yes some people are living just as happy as any happy person without believing in any yahweh or other nonsense alike.
Now you want to beat your chest and say that you are happier than all the atheists that exist? you must be high on some holy marijuana

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Out Loud! by felixomor: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2017
frank317:
All i can get from the op is that she is a pained christian who cannot believe that some humans do not subscribe to her sky daddy whom she believe is the source of her life. Seeing other who do not care about her source of life is so unbelievable that she has to force herself to believe all is not well with atheists.
face it sis, your God obviously does not exist... and yes some people are living just as happy as any happy person without believing in any yahweh or other nonsense alike.
Now you want to beat your chest and say that you are happier than all the atheists that exist? you must be high on some holy marijuana

Of course, it is well known that atheists are generally sad and lonely.
Google it.
And many obsessed cool
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by frank317: 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
felixomor:

Of course, it is well known that atheists are generally sad and lonely.
Google it.
And many obsessed cool

U wish.

Lol... U can't accept it right? I understand. And u wonder how someone could actually live a normal life without living in fear on you imaginary Yaweh and Lucifer. You spend your nights casting the devil, begging Yaweh for daily bread, and even denying yourself of food and sex just to get your daily bread... While people like us just think it, go for it and get it. It's painful right? I feel u bro
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by felixomor: 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
frank317:

U wish.

Lol... U can't accept it right? I understand. And u wonder how someone could actually live a normal life without living in fear on you imaginary Yaweh and Lucifer. You spend your nights casting the devil, begging Yaweh for daily bread, and even denying yourself of food and sex just to get your daily bread... While people like us just think it, go for it and get it. It's painful right? I feel u bro

I dont wish. The figures are there. As high as 75℅

http://www.debate.org/opinions/are-atheists-more-likely-to-be-depressed

Not to mention the fact that atheism has devastating effects on the brain: Confirmed by multiple studies.
https://www.nairaland.com/3493419/researches-reveal-atheism-devastating-effects

Console yourself harder. cool
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by felixomor: 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
geoworldedu:
Who have seen this story?
Acts of the 419. Lol. Let's go there.
https://www.nairaland.com/3940259/acts-419-true-life-story

Mods, please this comment from OtemAtum violates Nairaland policies.

He is sharing people's private pictures and unsubstantiated accusations with different fake monikers

Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44 take note.
And do the needful. Thanks
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by geoworldedu: 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2017
felixomor:

Mods, please this comment from OtemAtum violates Nairaland policies.

He is sharing people's private pictures and unsubstantiated accusations with different fake monikers

Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44 take note.
And do the needful. Thanks

What are u talking about? Do u know the ppl in the pix? And how d heck do u call me Otem
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by Robynwelo1(f): 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2017
felixomor:

Nah sorry
They haven't been answered.

You cant tell me you have explained the reason why laws were meant to keep all humans in check, when there is no universal entity who wants to keep them in check.
Its as good as telling everyone to face a bkackboard when there is no school.
It doesn't add up

Are you saying humans are not smart enough to set and live by their own rules, they need a universal entity to keep them in check? Is there any universal law even? The society, group or family live by their own rules and not some universal constitution that is why what is considered morally wrong or right varies with time, condition and location.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Out Loud! by lepasharon(f): 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2017
geoworldedu:
Who have seen this story?
Acts of the 419. Lol. Let's go there.
https://www.nairaland.com/3940259/acts-419-true-life-story

Topic hidden. angry

otematum
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by lepasharon(f): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2017
OtemAtum:

Felixomor reported geoworld's link. That was why I was against making the link public earlier. I know Felixomor and his likes would report it to the mods. But how did Felixomor know that it was Samuel Ekwueme pix that was on the cover page of the story?

shocked topic unlocked
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
MYNDTHEGOAT
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by spacetacular(f): 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2017
felixomor:

Nah sorry
They haven't been answered.

You cant tell me you have explained the reason why laws were meant to keep all humans in check, when there is no universal entity who wants to keep them in check.
Its as good as telling everyone to face a bkackboard when there is no school.
It doesn't add up

Arguing sometimes is futile when doing it with someone who just must be right always.

I haven't been able to make any comments for a few days until now. The website wouldn't let me for some reason unknown to me. I could log on but could do nothing else. Was there a problem with it?
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by felixomor: 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2017
Robynwelo1:

Are you saying humans are not smart enough to set and live by their own rules, they need a universal entity to keep them in check? Is there any universal law even? The society, group or family live by their own rules and not some universal constitution that is why what is considered morally wrong or right varies with time, condition and location.

Yes in case you dont know.
There is universal law and there is universal morality.
No matter how you argue it.
Murder, lying, rape, betrayal etc are parts of these Universal moral codes that cuts across all humanity.
These things didnt evolve.

Secondly, why do you need rules when there is no purpose or meaning to everything?
Its like putting rules on colliding gas particles that have no direction or purpose. It doesn't make sense

Thirdly, you defeat your own argument by saying man is "Intelligent"
There is nothing intelligent that doesn't come from another intelligence.......
Its as simple as that.
Re: Thinking Out Loud! by felixomor: 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
spacetacular:

Arguing sometimes is futile when doing it with someone who just must be right always.

I haven't been able to make any comments for a few days until now. The website wouldn't let me for some reason unknown to me. I could log on but could do nothing else. Was there a problem with it?

Yeah, sometimes it occurs to everyone like that.
The web hosts does experience problems occasionally, i think.

Welcome back doc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When The Grace Of GOD Becomes A Roller-coaster To Hell. / 70 Virgins In Paradise / BAKONGO (BANTU) People Are Israelites of The Southern Kingdom Of YAHUNDE (JUDAH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.