Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,779 members, 7,955,982 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:23 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (258574 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Vicdedean(m): 8:24am On Jul 22, 2014
Gombs: The God-life In You · TUESDAY 22nd July· 

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life (1 John 5:11-12).

Your consciousness of your personality, origin, and heritage in Christ will affect the way you live, control the decisions you make, and the things that happen with, and around you. This is why you should be conscious of the life of God that’s in you. The Lord Jesus said in John 5:26, "For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself." We read in our opening scripture that God has given us eternal life. What is this eternal life?

Eternal life is the life and nature of God imparted to the spirit of the one who believes in Jesus. It’s the supernatural life of God in your spirit, making you invincible, indestructible, and superior to Satan, sickness, disease, failure and death. The Apostle John in 1 John 5:13 writes, "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life...." God wants you to be conscious of His life in you. That consciousness gives you the winner’s mentality.

You don’t have to "feel" it in your body first to be conscious that you have eternal life; it’s in your spirit. Every so often, declare that the life of God is in you: from the crown of your head to the soles of your feet! Perhaps you got injured and it’s hurting terribly, remind yourself that you have the life of God in you. You’re born of the Spirit and the Word of God; your life is supernatural. That means there has to be a restoration.

Some people have had minor injuries that wouldn’t heal for many years. Such injuries eventually degenerated into debilitating ailments that cost them their lives, only because they knew nothing about this life of God. It’s the miracle-life! It’s incorruptible. If you feel the symptoms of sickness in your body, activate the power of the God-life in you by praying in tongues, and speaking the Word. Within a short while, you’d notice strength and vitality return to your body.

Confession..
  I have the life of God in me; it flows in every fibre of my being. No sickness, disease or infirmity can thrive in my body, because the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives in me, and has vitalized my body through and through! I’m whole, sound, and excellent, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
John 3:16; [KJV] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Ephesians 3:20; [KJV] Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

3 John 1:2[KJV] Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

1 year Bible reading plan: Acts 27:27-44 Psalms 23-25
2 year Bible reading plan : Ephesians 1:1-14 Isaiah 42

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:11am On Jul 23, 2014
Influenced And Dominated By His Righteousness ·WEDNESDAY 23rd July · 

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, the just shall live by faith (Romans 1:16-17).

The written Word of God is the revelation of God delivered to us, that we might be filled with the knowledge of His will, and understand the life of righteousness He’s brought us into. This means our thinking and perspective on everything and in every situation, should be from the standpoint of His righteousness. It should be God’s interpretation, and not from man’s perspective. When you have this mind-set, it makes no difference the challenges you face, what or who offends you, you’ll respond in love, conscious that you’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

Consider the Lord Jesus: He responded in love to His accusers and wouldn’t rail back at them. He prayed to God for them, saying, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." Can you think like that about someone who has offended you? That’s how God wants you to respond to your detractors; not as a mere man but as the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. He wants the Gospel of Christ, in which the righteousness of God is revealed, to be fully expressed in and through you.

Refuse to allow anything else express itself through you; not even the pervading culture of your environment. Let the culture of the Gospel of Jesus Christ be expressed through you. Have that dominion.

Imagine being in a traffic situation and a careless driver rams into your car. Would you impulsively rain invectives at him for his action? That wouldn’t be the Christ-like response. It’s important that you don’t respond to people in anger or bitterness. It doesn’t matter what someone says or does to you, let the righteousness of Christ—His love-nature influence and dominate your actions.

Confession...
 I’m the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. I walk in the revelation of God’s Word, filled with the knowledge of His will, in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. I’m joyful, full of love and kindness. The love and righteousness of God are expressed through me today. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
 Psalms 87:3; Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah.

Romans 12:21  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

1 year Bible reading plan: Acts 28:1-16 Psalms 26-27
2 year Bible reading plan: Ephesians 1:15-23 Isaiah 43

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by saintTolu(m): 12:42am On Jul 24, 2014
thks Gombs.weldone

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:08am On Jul 24, 2014
Empowered with all Might- Thursday, July 24th

…That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness (Colossians 1:9-11).

It’s God’s will for us to be strengthened; that is, empowered with ALL might (miracle-working) power in our spirits! Ponder on that for a moment. He wants us filled, not with some of His power, but with all of it. He’s dealing here with “dunamis” (Greek); inherent power. He wants this power working in you.

This shouldn’t be difficult for any Christian to comprehend at all, because the one who’s born again, and has received the Holy Spirit, has received the power of God; for the Holy Spirit is the power of God. Acts 1:8 says, “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you….” The question now is, how can you make this power you have inside you, work for you?

The first thing is to recognize that you have it in you. You don’t need to ask God for more power. The power of God is in you. That means you can’t be disadvantaged. Acknowledge this about yourself always. In Philippians 4:13, Paul didn’t say, “O God, I pray you’ll give me power to do all things.” Realizing that all the power he needed was already in him, he declared, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

Secondly, know that the power you’ve received works with attitude. Yes, you’ve been empowered with all might, and can do all things, but you must balance it with good character: love, patience, joyfulness, meekness, and humility. Observe that the latter part of our opening verse says, “… Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power,unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness.”

Some people endure with anger when they face certain situations. But we’re admonished to endure with joyfulness; patient and hopeful that the righteousness of God will be established in that situation. Therefore, in exercising your power to do anything, and effect changes in your life and in your environment, do so with patience, longsuffering (endurance), joyfulness, and humility.

Confession. ..
I'm strengthened with all might by God’s Spirit in my inner man. I have the right attitude of humility in the face of staggering opposition. Glory to God!

Further Study

2 Corinthians 3:5
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

Ephesians 3:20
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Acts 28:17-31 Psalm 30-31

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Ephesians 2:1-10 Isaiah 44

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:18am On Jul 25, 2014
A Reprogramming Through The Word · FRIDAY 25th July·

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Romans 12:2).

The Word of God gives you everything you need: health, joy, wealth, prosperity, grace, wisdom and all that the vicarious death of Christ and His triumphant resurrection delivered to us as Christians. That’s what salvation encapsulates. With the knowledge of God’s Word in your spirit, you have what it takes to create anything you want.

At the well of Samaria, Jesus encountered a woman and asked her for a drink of water. But noticing that He was a Jew, the woman told Him they had nothing in common, and for ethnic reasons declined. Then, Jesus replied, "…Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life" (John 4:13- 14). The Master knew He could give her something to quench her thirst for ever—the Word. With the Word, she would be able to create anything she desired.

Often times, when people are facing difficult situations, what they need is a Word-therapy or what I may call a "Word-diet." They’d have to listen to God’s Word and study the Scriptures over a period of time, until the Word gets rid of the wrong mind-set, and reprograms them aright for success. If that doesn’t happen, no matter what else you do for them, their situation wouldn’t change.

Sometimes, when people are sick in their bodies, the real problem is beyond the symptoms that are apparent in their physical bodies. Such pains might stem from their mind. There’s a difference between the sickness of the mind, and that of the body. So even when they’re healed in their bodies, the sickness continues, because it was really a problem of the mind. The solution is to reprogram their minds through the Word for total restoration.

Prayer...
Dear Father, your Word has come to me today to renew my mind, and programme me for the victory-life. My faith in the Word prevails today and always over all circumstances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Acts 20:32; And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance

hebrews 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

1 year Bible reading plan: Psalms 32-34 romans 1:1-17
2 year Bible reading plan: Ephesians 2:11-21 Isaiah 45

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:36am On Jul 27, 2014
Believing" And "Talking" Must Go Together · SUNDAY 27 th July· 

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:9-10).

Your mouth is your instrument to chart your course through life; it’s not just for eating and drinking. There’re people in hospitals who, as a result of sickness, are drip-fed through their veins. So even though it’s convenient to use the mouth for food, its greater function is for talking; using the power of words for creating your victorious life.

Salvation has already been made available in Christ Jesus. Titus 2:11 says, "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men." However, to catapult yourself into the realms of glory—where you enjoy the benefits of salvation—you must use your mouth rightly, for with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. This is the reason some people, even though they’ve been Christians for long, have never really enjoyed the benefits of Christianity. They haven’t acted on the Word. You’re to make confessions of the Word; that means speak the same things that God has said concerning you in His Word. That is what takes you beyond salvation, to enjoying the benefits of salvation.

You ought to always make confessions about yourself on the basis of the Word of God that you’ve believed. Until you make those confessions, your believing won’t produce results. Your believing and your confessions must go together. 2 Corinthians 4:13 says, "We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak."

Those whose confessions are at variance with what they believe experience lots of ups and downs in life; no consistent victories. This is because as the Word says, a fountain doesn’t produce sweet water and bitter water at the same time (James 3:11). Speak the Word only, and always, for a life of consistent victory and excellence.

Confession...
The Word of God prevails mightily in me today, producing glory in my life. My victory is undeniable, and all the blessings and results of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ are evident in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: James 3:10-13

1 year Bible reading plan: Psalms 38-41 Romans 2:1-29
2 year Bible reading plan: Ephesians 3:13-21 Isaiah 47

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:00am On Jul 28, 2014
Born Blessed! - Monday, July 28th

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3).

Someone might whine, “It looks like a curse runs in my family, because no one seems to be making progress.” No; not when you’re born again. The new creation in Christ Jesus is born blessed and can’t walk under a curse.

Isaiah 10:27 declares, “And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.” This verse doesn’t mean that the anointing breaks the yoke. Yes, the anointing breaks the yoke, but this particular portion of scripture lets us know that because of the presence of the anointing, you can’t be “yoked.” In other words, when a yoke is placed on a Christian, it necessarily breaks upon contact with the anointing, because the Christian is anointed of the Lord. Halleluiah!

Notice again what Colossians 1:12-13 says, “Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.” You’ve been delivered from the domain of darkness and transferred into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son! That’s your present location. In Christ, you've been delivered, sanctified and blessed.

The devil will try to keep you from knowing that you’re blessed. He’ll say, “Reach out to God to bless you.” He could even make you believe you aren’t qualified to be blessed because of the wrong things you’ve done. Don’t accept his lies. God already blessed you with ALL spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. All the blessings that God could ever give came to you in Christ, in the salvation package. You’re an heir of God’s blessing; live accordingly.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, I give you thanks for in Christ, you've blessed me with all spiritual blessings and have made me a blessing. I’m a carrier and dispenser of your innumerable blessings to a hurting and dying world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

Galatians 3:8-9
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 3:1-31 Psalm 42-44

Ephesians 4:1-10 Isaiah 48

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:21am On Jul 29, 2014
You Carry Heaven in You- Tuesday, July 29th

We, however, are citizens of heaven, and we eagerly wait for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from heaven (Philippians 3:20 GNB).

When Jesus came to this world, He came with as much heaven as He could live by, and bless the world with. Let’s illustrate it this way. Imagine you’re from the United Kingdom, and you’re the Ambassador of the United Kingdom to South Africa, you’d be living in your embassy in South Africa as though you were in the United Kingdom. Everything necessary for you to live the life in the United Kingdom would be made available to you, even though the house you live in is situated in South Africa.

Now, when you come out of that house, you’ll have all the rights of a diplomat from the United Kingdom, but when you meet with the people of South Africa, you deal with them as South Africans. Nevertheless, you know that you’re from the United Kingdom. You can only help them with as much of the United Kingdom that you came to South Africa with. When you enter the Embassy of the United Kingdom, the rules of the United Kingdom apply. Yet, there is a country called the United Kingdom away from you; but you have brought as much life with you from the United Kingdom to South Africa in line with what the rules allow.

The Lord Jesus did the same thing. As much as the rules allowed, He brought heaven in Him to earth. He brought it in His heart, because the Holy Spirit lived inside Him. He came with the throne of God in His heart. No wonder He was such a blessing to the world! The same applies to the Christian.

A Christian is more than a religious person; he’s one who is born again, and by reason of the New Birth, has been translated into the Kingdom of God, and now lives in heaven, in the earth. He’s one with as much heaven as he can carry. Halleluiah. If you’re born again, you carry the throne of God in your heart. You’re thus heaven’s ambassador to this world. Therefore, preach the Gospel, heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils. Bless the world with the grace and glory of heaven that’s in you.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, I thank you for bringing me into the glorious Kingdom of your dear Son Jesus, making me a partaker of your glory and life. I carry in my heart the divine attributes of divinity, and I bless my world today, with your grace and glory that I carry, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Hebrews 12:22-24
22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

Romans 4:1-25 Psalm 45-48

Ephesians 4:11-16 Isaiah 49

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Jul 30, 2014
Powerful, Loving, And Sound · WEDNESDAY 30th July · 

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).

As Christians, we have an extraordinary amplitude of comprehension because the wisdom of God is in our spirits. Our minds are anointed to produce excellence. We’ve also been anointed with the Holy Spirit and with power, and the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts (Romans 5:5). All these are by the Holy Spirit. He has made you powerful, loving and sound. What an excellent life!

Some people are powerful, but not loving. For us Christians, these three qualities are complete. Acts 1:8 says, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you…." Every Christian who has received the Holy Spirit has received power, because the Holy Spirit is the power of God. 1 John 4:4 says, "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." The One who resides in you is greater and more powerful than all the forces in the world! Therefore, be bold to say, "…truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD…" (Micah 3:8 ).

The same Holy Spirit has caused the love of God to be shed abroad in your heart. It’s natural for you to walk in love, because love is the life of the new creation. The Bible says God is love (1 John 4:8 ); and as He is, so are you (1 John 4:17).

Declare always that you’re full of power, love, and have a sound mind; and use your sound mind for excellence in all you do.

Confession ...
I’m excellent, full of power, love and the glory of God. I walk in righteousness and manifest the dominion of the Spirit. The virtues and perfections of divinity are expressed through me today, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Proverbs 4:23; Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1 year Bible reading plan: Psalms 49-51 Romans 5:1-11
2 year Bible reading plan: Ephesians 4:17-24 Isaiah 50

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Vicdedean(m): 11:02am On Jul 30, 2014
mabell: PASTOR CHRIS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5TH

SEE WITH YOUR “FAITH-EYE’’[i][/i][color=#770077][/color]
Things that are seen don’t last forever, but things that are not seen are eternal. That’s why we keep our minds on things that are not seen. (2nd Corinthians 4:8 cev).
As Christians we achieve our success, victory, prosperity and progress in life by activating certain spiritual principles that we find in God’s word. One of such principles is seeing the unseen. This means seeing with your faith eye, seeing your miracle first from inside you- your heart.
Before the physical manifestation of the glory and supernatural power of God in your life, you must see it first within you. Once you can see it inside your spirit- with the eyes of faith- then that thing is already yours. You can never have it on the outside if you don’t have it first within. That’s where some have missed it. They want to see first with their physical eyes before calling real that which God has promised. That’s not faith. Faith is calling real that which the physical senses can’t perceive.
For instance, it’d be wrong for anyone to say of a pregnant woman; “I can’t see her baby so there is nothing in her womb” the fact is the baby is there even though no one is seeing it. Even before her belly got big the baby was there already. The belly only got big because the baby inside grew bigger. At the end of the gestation period, the baby will be born.
In the same way, that miracle you are pregnant with- that blessing you’ve already seen and take possession of in the spirit-will manifest if you refuse to vacillate or waver in your faith.
With your eyes of faith, see the new job you desire; see your prosperity, health, grace, peace progress, success, deliverance and the salvation of your family and friends. Begin to proclaim with your mouth that which you have already seen within you, not so they will come to pass, but because you know that in the faith realm, they already exist.

CONFESSION
I thank you father for helping me see my success, wisdom, health, wealth, progress, promotion and every good thing I require to live the good, glorious and victorious life you’ve called me into.
FURTHER STUDY
Hebrews 11:1AMP, John 20:29
Gombs: Powerful, Loving, And Sound · WEDNESDAY 30th July · 
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).
As Christians, we have an extraordinary amplitude of comprehension because the wisdom of God is in our spirits. Our minds are anointed to produce excellence. We’ve also been anointed with the Holy Spirit and with power, and the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts (Romans 5:5). All these are by the Holy Spirit. He has made you powerful, loving and sound. What an excellent life!
Some people are powerful, but not loving. For us Christians, these three qualities are complete. Acts 1:8 says, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you…." Every Christian who has received the Holy Spirit has received power, because the Holy Spirit is the power of God. 1 John 4:4 says, "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." The One who resides in you is greater and more powerful than all the forces in the world! Therefore, be bold to say, "…truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD…" (Micah 3:8 ).
The same Holy Spirit has caused the love of God to be shed abroad in your heart. It’s natural for you to walk in love, because love is the life of the new creation. The Bible says God is love (1 John 4:8 ); and as He is, so are you (1 John 4:17).
Declare always that you’re full of power, love, and have a sound mind; and use your sound mind for excellence in all you do.
Confession ...
I’m excellent, full of power, love and the glory of God. I walk in righteousness and manifest the dominion of the Spirit. The virtues and perfections of divinity are expressed through me today, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.
Further Study: Proverbs 4:23; Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1 year Bible reading plan: Psalms 49-51 Romans 5:1-11
2 year Bible reading plan: Ephesians 4:17-24 Isaiah 50

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On Jul 31, 2014
The Virtues Of Faith, Hope, And Love . Thursday, July 31st .

And now abideth faith, hope, charity (love) these three; but the greatest of these is charity (1 Corinthians 13:13).

Faith, hope and love, are three important principles revealed to us in the Word. All three of them work together, but love is revealed as the greatest of the three. Anyone who comes to Christ immediately learns the value of faith, because faith is imparted to your spirit when you hear the Gospel. With that faith, you receive the Holy Spirit, and begin to walk in newness of life.

As you mature spiritually, you learn something about hope. Hope ministers patience. The more you grow in the things of God, the more you realize that though your faith can do anything, some things have to wait. At this stage, you start learning how to trust God.

Trust is the mixture of faith and hope. When the Bible says Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness, he trusted Jehovah with his life.

The reason love is the greatest is that love encapsulates both faith and hope. When you walk in love, you walk in faith and hope. To walk in the greater levels of the anointing of God’s Spirit, you'd have to understand the power of God’s love, and walk in it.

The Lord Jesus explained something beautiful about love in Matthew 22:35-38, when a certain lawyer, wanting to test Him, asked, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” Jesus answered him thus, “…Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the great and first commandment” (ASV). If you ask people to list the Ten Commandments, they’ll most certainly not start with this. They’d say, “Thou shall worship no other God before me.” But Jesus brought love before worship. He knows that if you’d love Him, you’d worship Him.

It’s not so much what your faith or hope can do; God is more concerned about what your love can do. Go beyond faith and hope, and function in the arena of love, where your words and actions are motivated only by love.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for filling my heart with your love by the Holy Spirit. This love overwhelms me today, and many experience the joy and genuineness of your love-power through me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. ;

Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 5:12-21, Psalm 52-55

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 4:25-32, Isaiah 51

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:26am On Aug 01, 2014
Life Through Jesus Christ · FRIDAY 1st August ·

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son (1 John 5:11).

If you’re born again you have the God-life in you; this is a statement of fact; God has set His seal to this. Notice the tenses in our opening verse: "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life…." He isn’t trying to, hoping to or planning to; He’s already done it. You have eternal life now.

This life isn’t the human life, but the God-kind of life; the essence of divinity. The Word of God is definite and emphatic as to where this life is and how to get it: it’s in Christ Jesus. Anyone who has received Christ has received the God-life. This life can’t be found in any of the religions of the world. Until you confess the Lordship of Jesus over your life, and are catapulted into the glorious realms of salvation, you don’t have the God-life. What you have is the human, biological life (Greek: psuche). This human life is subject to satanic influences, sickness, disease, and the elements of this world.

However, if you have the Son, happy are you! It means you have His indestructible and incorruptible life in you. You don’t ever have to be afraid of the devil or his cohorts. The Son of God, whom you’ve received, destroyed the works of the devil in your life, family, job and physical body (I John 3:8 ). He paralyzed Satan, rendered him helpless, and gave you a life that’s superior to him.

Meditate on this truth. Having received Christ, you’ve received the Light of life; the darkness is gone forever. Your life is now supernatural; therefore, rule over circumstances. Walk tall. Talk bold. Reign as a king in life: "For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:17).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for imparting the divine life into my spirit through your Son Jesus Christ. That life in me destroys, paralyzes, and renders ineffective the works of the devil and his attempts in my life, family, finances, and business. Thank you for making me the dispenser of your glory, wisdom, grace, and excellence, in Jesus’ Name. Amen

Further Study:
1 1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 year Bible reading plan: Romans 6:1-14 Psalms 56-59
2 year Bible reading plan: Ephesians 5:1-8 Isaiah 52

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:38am On Aug 02, 2014
Discipline Your Mind for Success-SATURDAY, 2nd August

Train me, GOD, to walk straight; then I'll follow your true path. Put me together, one heart and mind; then, undivided, I’ll worship in joyful fear (Psalms 86:11 MSG).

When you want to chart a new course, create new vistas, attain a new level of prosperity, or set new goals for growth, you have to learn to use your mind. Your mind is a tool that can be disciplined. You can teach it to focus in one direction,instead of vacillating in thoughts. This way, you’ll be able to use your mind to prepare your heart to accomplish greater things. Isaiah 26:3 says, “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” By staying your mind on the Lord, you’re disciplining your mind to focus on the Word of God concerning you and what you're doing. The result is that you’ll experience the extraordinary peace of God that gives rest and prosperity.

Take your mind away from anything and everything that distracts, and focus your attention on God. Choose to only be around those who love the Lord, and discuss only with those who’ll inspire you. Keep away from people who’ll deflate your faith, and try to talk you out of what you want to achieve. Set time aside for study and meditation on the Word. To stay your mind on God, you have to stay your mind on His Word. Joshua 1:8 says, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”

In addition, speak in other tongues at every opportunity you have to be alone because you’re about something; you want to birth new visions and ideas. Keep at it, and soon enough, you'd receive the note of victory in your spirit and know that everything is settled, “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus”. (Philippians 4:7).

Prayer. ..
Dear Father in the Name of the Lord Jesus, I thank you for the opportunity to hear and receive your Word. I’m guided aright and know what to do at any point in time. My mind is stayed on your Word because I trust you; therefore, my peace is boundless. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 1:33(CEV) But if you listen to me,you will be safe and secure without fear of disaster.”

Hebrews 12:2(CEV) We must keep our eyes on Jesus, who leads us and makes our faith complete. He endured the shame of being nailed to a cross, because he knew later on he would be glad he did. Now he is seated at the right side of God's throne!

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
1 Year Bible Reading Plan:
Romans 6:15-7:1-6;Psalms 60-63

2 Year Bible Reading Plan:
Ephesians 5:9-16;Isaiah 53

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:33am On Aug 03, 2014
Programming Your Mind For Success · SUNDAY 3rd August· 

For as he (a man) thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7).

The lack, poverty, sicknesses, diseases, and wickedness in the world aren’t essentially the reasons most people suffer. The greater problem has to do with their minds; their thinking. Their minds have to be reprogrammed for success, with God’s Word. Until that happens, it makes no difference where you place them, where they go, and what happens to them; they’ll keep failing.

You can reprogramme your mind with information from God’s Word. For example, 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." This is information from the Word for you to think upon. You’re not the same old person that hitherto experienced failure, stagnation etc.; that creature is dead; you’re full of success and the life of God!

Perhaps you were told that you were born with an incurable disease; that’s not a factor anymore, because you have the life of God in you now. No sickness, disease, or infirmity can thrive in your body. Your way of thinking has changed; you have new information; spiritual information from God’s Word that has reprogrammed your way of thinking, and your life is thus transformed.

When your mind is programmed for success, you don’t join others to complain of hard times. Instead, you think of yourself as a success, and a light in a dark world, irrespective of the surrounding situation. It doesn’t matter how bad the economy of the country where you live might get; you’re the seed of Abraham. Your prosperity isn’t predicated on the economy of your country. Let this be your thinking.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the transforming power of your Word in my life. As I renew my mind daily with your Word, I’m metamorphosed into higher realms of glory, where I triumph gloriously over circumstances, established by grace in righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 2 Corinthians 3:18; Acts 20:32

1 year Bible reading plan: Romans 7:7-25 Psalms 64-67
2 year Bible reading plan: Ephesians 5:17-24 Isaiah 54

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:28am On Aug 04, 2014
The Fellowship Of Prayer · MONDAY 4th August· 

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen (2 Corinthians 13:14).

Anyone who wants to have a good standard for praying ought to emulate Jesus. Studying His prayer life, I observed what He did that the religious people of his day didn’t do, for which reason He had such outstanding results in prayer: He separated the labour of prayer from the fellowship of prayer. There’s such a thing as "prayer labour" or "prayer work"; you can literally count the number of times Jesus prayed this way. However, His prayer fellowship is what we really need to emulate; that’s what was different about His prayer life.

His prayer labour wasn’t different from that of the great prophets who came before Him. Moses, Joshua, Elijah, Elisha, David, etc., all prayed, and their prayers are chronicled for us in Scripture. But there was something that they didn’t have, which the Lord Jesus brought in: living in the Father’s presence in continual fellowship. This was different; this was new. Jesus lived in the Father’s presence, in continual fellowship.

The early prophets didn’t have this, because they couldn’t. If they could, they would have, because they loved God. Nevertheless, the reason they couldn’t was that they didn’t have the enablement of the Holy Spirit. Jesus did. No one can walk in such extraordinary fellowship with the Father except by the Holy Spirit. It’s His ministry and delight to bring us into that place of constant and continual fellowship with the Father.

That’s why the Apostle Paul, by the Spirit, prayed thus in our opening verse. That wasn’t given to us just to recite as closing benediction during our church services and meetings. It was a revelation. The Father is in heaven, the Lord Jesus is in heaven, but the Holy Spirit is here with us on earth. He’s in us and with us. In Him, we have the presence of Jesus and the Father. He doesn’t come and go; we have become His dwelling place. He lives in us and has become part of our dayto- day existence. He talks to us all the time. As we listen to Him, we’re guided, instructed, led in the path of excellence, glory, dominion, and power.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the great honour and wonderful privilege of fellowshipping with you in prayer. My times of personal relationship with you are heartfelt and productive. Through the Holy Spirit, I’m guided to know your perfect will, and I’m led in the way that I should go, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1 year Bible reading plan: romans 8:1-17 Psalms 68-69
2 year Bible reading plan: Ephesians 5:25-33 Isaiah 55

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:00am On Aug 05, 2014
Your Faith Will Triumph -Tuesday August 5th

"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith" (1 John 5:4).

Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Imagine that as a Christian parent or a minister of the Gospel, your son or daughter isn't living according to the training that you gave him or her in the Word. There may be some who'd be quick to judge and say, "So-and-so's parents are Christians, yet he behaves like a sinner." If this happened to you as a parent, don't be moved by what others may be saying.

Challenges come to everybody; so at the time you're facing your own challenges, stay focused on God's Word, and put your faith to work. Soon enough, that child will come into the right place and be all that God destined for him to be. Even the time others might have thought he lost will be regained, because God said, "And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the canker worm, and the caterpillar, and the palmer worm..." (Joel 2:25). So in such matters, don't allow the negative sentiments of others dissipate your faith.

God gave us His Word so that no matter what we see or hear, we're not distracted; we stay focused. After all, as students, we were not Doctors, Lawyers, and Architects whilst in the university. We were in school, being trained for what we were going to be. If someone saw you while still in school and said, "Hey, you don't look like a Doctor, Lawyer or Architect," you'd probably have replied, "I don't look like it yet, because I'm in training for it."

In like manner, we're all still being trained by the Spirit of God through the Word to be all He's destined us to be. If you already have children, keep training them in the Word. Even when it looks like they're not imbibing the culture of the Word, keep at it. Recall what we read in Proverbs 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Give some time; the results of the training will be evident.

Never give up your faith because of the negative opinions of gainsayers; learn to live by the Word. No matter what you see or experience, your faith will triumph. Glory to God!

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, my faith increases as I give myself to the study of your Word. Teach me to take advantage of the grace that's in Christ Jesus, and to live a life of faith that is based on your Word, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth

1 Year Bible Reading Plan:Romans 8:18-39, Psalms 70-73
2 Year Bible Reading Plan:Ephesians 6:1-9, Isaiah 56

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:29am On Aug 06, 2014
Emulate Him! - Wednesday August 6th

"Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children" (Ephesians 5:1).

The word "followers" is translatedfrom the Greek "mimētēs" which means "imitators." It's suggestive of following someone as a pattern, model or an example. It's akin to going after somebody, following how he does what he does. So, in actual context, it can be rendered, "Be ye therefore imitators of God." It means copy Him, act and talk like Him, because you're like Him. Someone might ask, "Isn't that going too far, to say we're like God?"

Well, we didn't even know it until God told us so in His Word, through the Apostle John: "Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world" (1 John 4:17). You're not inferior to God, neither are you His counterfeit; just like Jesus, you're the express image of His Person; the Word says as He (Jesus) is, so are we in this world. We're like Him now.

This consciousness would give you the audacity to heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, and be a blessing to the world, just like Jesus! It'll inspire extraordinary compassion in you to preach the Gospel, and win the lost the same way He did. Consider the account in Luke 7:12-15. The Bible tells us how the Master was moved by a widow's cry, whose only son had died and was being carried for burial. The Lord, full of love and compassion, raised the young man back to life.

Like the Master, you must back compassion with action. Express the love of God to others. Romans 5:5 says, "...the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." Walk in love, as Christ also has loved you.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, I extol your majesty for making me an expression of divine personality. As Jesus is now, so am I in this world. Therefore, at every opportunity, I express the character of Christ; His love and impeccable nature of righteousness in me, to the world, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Peter 2:21-23
 21  For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

22  Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

23  Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 9:1-29, Psalms 74-77

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 6:10-20, Isaiah 57

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Aug 07, 2014
Facts For Now! - Thursday August 7th

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

There’re certain truths about the new creation which, as Christians, we must be conscious of and live by. These are not promises but established truths in God’s Word—present hour realities. One of such is our opening verse above. When you received Christ into your life, you became a new creation. “If any man be in Christ, he ‘is’ a new creation.” “Is” is a “now” word —a present-hour reality! You’re not going to be a new creation when you get to heaven; you’re a new creation now! Your new life started the day you made Jesus Lord of Your life.

An important truth in our Kingdom is about the Word as God's cleansing material and agent of change. Jesus said in John 15:3, “Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.” It doesn't matter the depth of a man’s sin; if he would give attention to God’s Word, he'll be cleansed. God's Word cleanses your system of all unrighteousness and every anomaly, sickness and disease inclusive.

Another of such glorious realities is that we’re heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ! “And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together” (Romans 8:17). To be a joint-heir with Christ means everything that belongs to Him belongs to you, in the same way and degree that it belongs to Him. Both of you own everything hundred percent together. Therefore, like Him, you've also been appointed heir of all things. No wonder Paul said, “…all things are yours” (1 Corinthians 3:21).

The Lord Jesus took your place of sin and condemnation that you might become the righteousness of God in Christ. Now, you’re one with Him, having His life and nature in your spirit. These and more are present-hour realities of who you are, and your placement in Christ. Study the Word to know more, and take a hold of your inheritance in Christ!

Prayer. ...
Dear Father, I thank you for the unveiling of your Word to my spirit, granting me wisdom and insight to your perfect will for me. I walk in the consciousness of who I am in Christ, affirming that I'm more than a conqueror through Him that loved me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalms 16:6; The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

Acts 20:32  And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 9:30-10:1-21, Psalms 78

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 6:21-24, Isaiah 58

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:24am On Aug 08, 2014
The "More Excellent" Glory - Friday, August 8th

For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth (2 Corinthians 3:9-10).

Exodus 34 tells us how Moses had been in the presence of God for forty days and forty nights, receiving the “Ten Commandments.” The commandments were few sentences that ordinarily, shouldn't require a whole day to pen down. So, why did Moses stay forty days and forty nights to receive them? It was because, to Moses, they weren't mere “Commandments”; they were life.

Afterwards, as Moses stepped down from mount Sinai, Aaron and all the people looked at him and saw that his face shone with the glory of God, and they were afraid to go near him (Exodus 34:30). There was such radiance of glory, emanating from the face of Moses that he had to use a veil to cover his face, because the people couldn’t stand the glory of God. How did the glory rub off on him that much? It was from meditating on what God said.

Moses contemplated God’s Word so much that he didn't know his face was radiating with the glory (Greek: doxa) of God. The Word of God is where the glory is. The Word made such impression on Moses that it impacted his physical body. From then on, when Moses went to pray, he took off the veil. But when he came out to the people, he covered his face.

The glory we have today far exceeds the glory that Moses enjoyed. We don’t need a veil on our faces; the glory is in our spirits: “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord” (2 Corinthians 3:18). As we behold the glory of God in the Word of God, we are metamorphosed from glory to glory.

Confession...
My life is the expression of God’s glory, grace, perfection, beauty and righteousness. The excellence and virtues of divinity are manifested in, and through, me in ever-increasing splendour! I’m continually transfigured from glory to glory, by the Spirit, as I behold the glory of God in the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Psalms 82:5-7
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. 6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Matthew 13:15
For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Daily Scripture Reading:

1 year Bible reading plan: Romans 11:1-24 Psalms 79-81

2 year Bible reading plan: Philippians 1:1-8 Isaiah 59

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:51am On Aug 09, 2014
The Love Arena -Saturday, August 9th

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another (John 13:35).

What should matter the most in your life should be your love for God and those for whom Jesus died. This will make you think differently about God and about people. You’ll have a love-language, and not be judgmental towards people. The compassions of Christ will be unlocked within you, and you'll find yourself functioning in higher levels of the anointing. You’ll become a helper and a lifter of others; one who is touched and moved by the infirmities of others, so much so that you want them well.

Love will inspire and compel you to intercede passionately for the sick and hurting, the lost, and also for those who persecute you and have set themselves up as your enemies. Your prayer for them will be from deep within your spirit; that’s the prayer of love; it's unselfish and unconditional. The Word says while we were yet sinners, God demonstrated His love for us: “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:cool. Jesus died for us, not after we became Christians, but when we didn’t even know God. If He loved us so, in spite of our wrongdoings, we should do the same.

This should be your consciousness; function in love. True faith works by love (Galatians 5:6). Love should therefore be the character of your life, language and expressions. Love isn't a subject to be merely discussed or explained in theory; it’s something to be lived and expressed. Let your heart burn with the love of God, and express it not only to God, but also to those for whom Jesus died.

Prayer. ..
Dear heavenly Father, I love you with all my heart, because you first loved me. Thank you for your love and compassion that burn in my heart fervently, which compels me to pray for and win others to Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Galatians 5:6
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 year Bible reading plan: Romans 11:25-36 Psalms 82-84

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 1:9-14 Isaiah 60

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:41am On Aug 10, 2014
Knowledge And Understanding · Sunday 10th August

They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness…I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes (Psalms 82:5-7).

Our opening scripture describes the pathetic fate of those who are ignorant of God’s Word. They die like mere men, and fall like one of the princes, because of their lack of knowledge and understanding of spiritual realities. However, such folks can experience immediate transformation when they apply the principle for change, which the Lord Jesus taught in Matthew 13:15. It reads, "For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them."

What happens when you hear, know, and understand the Word is that the healing power of God works automatically in your life; you’ll function as gods! In Acts 19:11-12, we read that handkerchiefs and aprons were taken from the body of Paul. When those materials were placed on the sick and demon possessed, miracles happened; the demons left; sicknesses, no matter what kind, were healed.

Paul experienced such tremendous manifestations of the miraculous because he had come to know and understand something that others in his day didn’t. It was Paul who wrote what we read in 2 Corinthians 3:18, in our previous study, showing us that the glory of God that was on Moses’ face has come to reside in our spirits. He was the same Apostle who wrote that the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead, dwells in you, and has quickened—vitalized—your mortal body.

These would tell you of the understanding of the man, Paul and his comprehension (Greek: sunesis) of the Gospel of Christ. This ought to be your knowledge and understand that the same Spirit that raised up Jesus from the dead, lives in you in His fullness.

Prayer ...
Dear Father, the entrance of your Word gives light to my spirit, producing healing and health in my physical body. As I meditate on your Word, supernatural understanding floods my mind, causing me to live victoriously today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Psalms 119:30: I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.

1 year Bible reading plan: Romans 12:1-16 Psalms 85-88

2 year Bible reading plan: Philippians 1:15-22 Isaiah 61

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:35am On Aug 11, 2014
His Headquarters In You- August 11th.

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
(John 14:23)

I knew a long time ago that wherever I am is God’s headquarters, because Jesus said He and the Father would make their abode in the heart of the one who loves Him and keeps His Word. As I meditated on this several years ago in prayer, loving Jesus became so real to my spirit, and I understood what Paul meant when He said, “For the love of Christ constraineth us…” (2 Corinthians 5:14). What He meant was that our love for Christ compels us.

Colossians 1:26-27 says, “Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” This is the secret of the ages. This is the key: Christ in you. This was what Jesus meant when He said, “when a man loves me, my Father will love him, and we will come and make our home with him.” You become a Christ-in-you person. Christ takes up His abode in the quarters of your heart. Where will that take you?

Let’s read Colossians 1:28-29: “(Christ) Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Where unto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.” The Apostle Paul understood this and acknowledged that he functioned and operated by the working of God that worked in him mightily.

No wonder he said, “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.” With this consciousness, you realize that certainly, nothing is impossible, because anything is possible. It’s all about Christ in you, working in, and through you. You’d never have to struggle for anything, because He’s working mightily in you, causing everything you do to succeed. The secret, however, is loving Him. When you do, He’ll set up His headquarters with you, and your life will be from glory to glory; you'll become fruitful and productive in all things.

Prayer. ..
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for setting up your headquarters in me, and making me your centre of operation. You’ve made me a success for life, because I love you and keep your Word; I acknowledge your mighty power that's at work in me mightily; and I thank you for your glory in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. ;

2 Corinthians 5:15.
And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Reading Plan:Romans 12:17-13:1-14, Psalms 89

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 1:23-30, Isaiah 62

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:14am On Aug 12, 2014
Get The Power Working… · TUESDAY 12th August ·

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils…they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover (Mark 16:17-18).

The Lord Jesus never exaggerated; He spoke absolute reality. What He said in our opening verse is something you should consciously demonstrate or prove, knowing that the one who said it, never lied to anyone. You’re to lay hands on the sick to receive healing; you have the ability in the Name of Jesus.

The Lord Jesus will be remiss to ask you to do something you couldn’t do, or for which He hasn’t enabled you. He said in Matthew 10:8, "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils…." This is for every believer in Christ; step out in faith and take healing and health to the people in your world, and in the regions beyond. Someone might however lament, "When I pray for people, they get healed, but when I get sick I’m not able to help myself."

Many have found themselves in this dilemma. It’s similar to what happened to Elisha who was so anointed of God, but died sick. In 2 Kings 13:20-21, some men were about to bury a man when they spotted some raiders. Hastily, they tossed the corpse into the sepulcher that contained the remains of Elisha. As soon as the dead body came in contact with Elisha’s bones, the dead man came back to life (2 Kings 13:21). This happened long after Elisha was dead; his bones retained the anointing!

Though Elisha died sick, God’s power in him didn’t fail. We can conclude that it was Elisha that didn’t apply that power to his health. You’re supposed to apply the same authority Jesus gave you to heal the sick in your personal life. Christ the Healer lives in you; acknowledge this reality, and function with this consciousness every day. When you do, everything that’s not of God: sickness, poverty, death, lack, failure, depression, etc., will have no hold over you.

Prayer...
  Dear Father, as I study the Word and meditate on the Spirit, your power is activated in me, causing your glory in my spirit to impact my physical body, producing health, strength, and vitality. I walk in victory today, and experience success in all I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
 2 timothy 1:6; Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

2 Corinthians 3:18; But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 14:4; He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you

1 year Bible reading plan: Romans 14:1-23-15:1-4 Psalms 90-93
2 year Bible reading plan: Philippians 2:1-11 Isaiah 63

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:47am On Aug 13, 2014
Love Grows with Fellowship-Wednesday, August 13th

Jesus replied, If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
(John 14:23 NIV)

I want you to understand the language of the Spirit in our opening verse. Why would Jesus say, “If a man loves me, my Father will love him?” Didn’t the Father already love everybody? The Bible says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). Jesus came because the Father already loved everybody. So, what other love is He referring to here? He’s dealing with fellowship; love grows with fellowship.

When you recognize and reciprocate love, you get more love. As you reciprocate the Father’s love, He further demonstrates His love for you in a peculiar way; He’ll show the world that He loves you. Having believed in the Lord Jesus, one of the most beautiful things you should crave and practise is rich fellowship with Him. It should be your lifestyle, because there’s no love without fellowship.

Fellowship means oneness of spirit; a sharing or communing together. 1 Corinthians 1:9 says, “God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.” 1 John 1:3 says, “…truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.” We’ve been called into fellowship with the Lord, and there can be no fellowship without communication. Commune with Him often, and seek His thoughts, opinions, counsel and guidance in all your endeavours. This is something you do consciously in response to His love.

Your fellowship with the Lord is unique to you. He doesn't have, has never had, and will never have a copy of you; so, He cherishes your fellowship and love. As you fellowship with Him through the Word and the Holy Spirit, you get to know Him more, and your life becomes the expression of His love.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, I thank you for counting me worthy to be called into fellowship with your Son Jesus Christ. Through fellowship with the Spirit and the Word, I’m transformed into the glorious image of Christ, where my life is the absolute expression of your righteousness, love and grace, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 13:14.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. ;

1 John 1:3.
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 15:5-13, Psalms 94-98
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:12-18, Isaiah 64

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Aug 14, 2014
He Took Them All Away-Thursday, August 14th

When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses (Matthew 8:16-17).

In Isaiah 53, the prophet Isaiah, by revelation, foretold the sufferings of Christ, His passion on the cross, and gives us a picture of His crucifixion: "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted" (Isaiah 53:3-4). This is what Matthew quoted in our opening scripture. The Lord Jesus took our infirmities, and bore our sicknesses.

The Hebrew word translated "borne" in Isaiah53:4is"nâsâh,"anditmeans,"totake or carry away," while the word "bare" in Matthew 8:17, is translated from the Greek "bastazo,"which also means "to remove or to take away." Both words connote taking the burden of another upon oneself, and carrying it away, which is what Jesus did with our sicknesses and diseases.

There're those who say, "When you're sick, Jesus comes to you and shares your sickness and pain with you." No, He doesn't! He took them away so you'd never have them. Why are many still sick then? It's because they're ignorant of what He's done for them. He died that you might have eternal life (Greek: Zoë). This life is full of glory.

It makes no difference if you feel pain or symptoms of sickness in your body; stand your ground in faith and declare, "I refuse to be sick!" Every so often, declare, "I walk in health in the Name of Jesus!"

Confession. ..
I refuse to bear any infirmity, sickness or disease in my body, because Jesus has taken away all my infirmities and carried my sorrows; He was pierced for my transgressions, cursed for my iniquities and the punishment that brought me peace was laid upon Him, and by His wounds I was healed. Halleluiah!

Further Study :

1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Isaiah 53:3-4
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 15:14-33 Psalms 99-101

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:19-30 Isaiah 65

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:04am On Aug 15, 2014
Love In Our Eyes · FRIDAY 15th August

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another (John 13:35).

If you want to experience a greater manifestation of the Spirit of God in your life, love is the way. Walk in love. Love is the "more excellent way." Th e love of God in you can be so palpable that it literally radiates through your eyes. There’s no telling what the Lord can do in, and through, you when you radiate His love, so much so that it’s seen in your eyes.

When I got a hold of this many years ago, I became more conscious of what the Lord could do through me, with my eyes burning with love. Once, I was invited to a conference where I had to minister to the sick. I asked that they all be on a straight line. I didn’t touch any of them; I only looked at them, knowing that as I stood there, Christ was looking through my eyes. The demons couldn’t stay. Each one of them received healing instantly, just by me looking at them.

Through the years, I’ve met several of those who were healed in that very meeting, and they never forgot it. They recalled how a look of love dispelled their infirmities, because there’s something about us. There’s something that works through us. It’s the power of God’s love.

GOur eyes are windows of the Spirit through which God looks at others with love. Treat people with compassion; see them with the eyes of love. Let love be more than a topic to you; let it be life. Relate to people in a way that they can see and feel your love. People were attracted to Jesus, not just because He was a miracle worker, but because they could see that He loved them. They felt His love, including little children (Matthew 19:14). He was the revelation of God’s love. Make this your testimony too. Let those around you see Jesus in your eyes. Let your love be so strong that people are constantly drawn to you.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the working of your Word in my life, producing the result of what it talks about. I have the nature of love because the love of God has been shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit. Love is a way of life for me; therefore, I express love to my world today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 13:34
 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

1 year Bible reading plan: Romans 16:1-27 Psalms 102-103
2 year Bible reading plan: Philippians 3:1-12 Isaiah 66

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:55am On Aug 16, 2014
Power through Words-Saturday, August 16th

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:9-10).

It’s not enough to know the Word of God in your heart; you have to speak it forth as well—that's how it works! God instructed Joshua, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success” (Joshua 1:cool. The original Hebrew rendering of the word “meditate” is “hagah,” which means to ponder, roar, imagine, murmur, mutter, speak, talk, or utter. It’s much more than thinking the Word; you have to voice it!

The opening verse shows us that speaking out what you believe is a fundamental spiritual principle without which the gift of salvation can’t be received. The salvation package is delivered upon satisfying two conditions: the first is “believing,” while the second is the “confession” of that which you’ve believed. Both work together for salvation to be complete.

In the same way, to live the glorious life in Christ, where you enjoy all the benefits of salvation, you must keep the Word in your mouth always. You must believe and speak. Some people find themselves in unpleasant situations and say, “I believe the Word of God, but I don't know why things aren’t working out right for me.” Believing the Word alone will not change anything, until you start using your mouth right, by speaking what you believe.

Your mouth was given to you to create your future and your victorious life. Your life goes in the direction of your confession. You have to say what you want in life. Even now, speak the Word about your family, job, business, academics, health, etc. Release the dynamic power to effect the changes you desire by speaking forth faith-filled words.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me your Word—the infallible instruction manual—for the successful and victorious life in Christ! I live in health, victory, and peace; and I'm making progress with giant strides, as I live in your Word, conscious of its power and ability to transform my life and cause me to excel from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Proverbs 10:11
The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.

Proverbs 15:23
A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!

Daily Scripture Reading:

1 YEAR BIBLE READING:1 Corinthians 1 Psalms 104-106

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Philippians 3:12-21 Jeremiah 1

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:11am On Aug 17, 2014
Victory and Dominion in Christ Jesus-Sunday, August 17th

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children (Hosea 4:6).

God said through the prophet Hosea that His people are destroyed, defeated and broken because they lack knowledge. Meaning that, their bane isn’t that they lack faith or are not making the right effort; the reason they aren’t walking in victory and dominion is their ignorance. This, therefore, means that as God’s children, we must keep making conscious efforts to learn and be taught God’s Word. If you have more accurate knowledge of the Word, you’ll live in victory and dominion everyday of your life, irrespective of any adversity.

Some people think that living in constant victory and dominion isn't possible, and they're wrong. To hold such a belief is to ignore what Jesus came to do. He came to give us the life and nature of God: the transcendent life. In John 10:10 (NIV), He said, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” He didn’t come to establish another religion, because the world already had enough of them before He came, and Christianity is not a religion. The Amplified translation says, He came that we might have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance—to the full, till it overflows.

Perhaps you never thought it’s God’s idea for you to enjoy your life; now you know! But how can you enjoy life when things are not right with you? How can you enjoy life if you're ignorant of all that He’s provided for you in Christ? This is why you must have a personal relationship with God and His Word, so you can know how to live in absolute victory everyday. The Word of God is able to build you up, and cause you to live the kind of life God desires for you: a life above struggles and pains; a life of glory, righteousness, and dominion in Christ Jesus.

Prayer. ..
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for giving me a life of glory, success and victory. Daily, I search the Scriptures and appropriate into my life what it says concerning me in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
John 5:39.
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

1 Timothy 4:15.
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Daily Scripture Reading :

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Corinthians 2 Psalms 107-108

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Philippians 4:1-7 Jeremiah 2

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Aug 18, 2014
“Stir Up Yourself, To Take A Hold Of God…”-Monday, August 18th .

And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities (Isaiah 64:7).

The Prophet Isaiah was speaking to God in the verse above. Israel was in dire straits because none sought the Lord; no one stirred himself up to “take a hold” of God. That means, as Christians, we can stir ourselves up to take a hold of God, to take a hold of His words, and make them real in our lives, through prevailing prayers.

It brings to mind, Jacob’s encounter with the Angel of God's presence. After His sojourn with his Uncle Laban, Jacob knew he needed a miracle to escape his brother, Esau’s wrath, having deceived their father, Isaac, to obtain the inheritance in place of Esau. Jacob divided his family and everything he had into two groups and sent them ahead of him to entreat Esau such that, if Esau smote a particular group, the other group, perhaps, could escape and be spared (Genesis 32:4-cool.

Subsequently, Jacob was left alone, and the Bible says he wrestled with an angel all night long. Jacob wouldn’t let go of the angel until he received a blessing from Him (Genesis 32:24-26). In the book of Hosea, the prophet explains that the angel that wrestled with Jacob was actually the Lord: “…and by his strength he had power with God: Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us; Even the LORD God of hosts; the LORD is his memorial” (Hosea 12:3-5).

Jacob stirred himself up to take a hold of God through prayer, to take a hold of God’s blessings. This is something we must learn to do as Christians, to stir ourselves up and take a hold of God’s Word for us and for others through prayer. We must remain importunate as we intercede for lost souls, and for those who have strayed from the faith. We must prevail in prayer for them until Christ is formed in them.

Prayer. ..
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the privilege of prayer; a place of heartfelt communion, to stir up myself and take a hold of your Word for my life. Thank you for giving me the ability to effect changes through prevailing prayers, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 5:18-21 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; 21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. ;

Ephesians 3:20-21 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. ;

2 Timothy 1:6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 3, Psalms 109-112

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 4:8-13, Jeremiah 3

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:01am On Aug 19, 2014
Your Relevance In The Gospel -Tuesday, August 19th .

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work: (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth forever (2 Corinthians 9:8-9).

Your relevance to the spread of the Gospel of Christ is one of the major reasons God channels prosperity your way. The Bible says there’s more joy in heaven over a sinner that repents than over ninety-nine saints that need no repentance (Luke 15:7). This is about the only time we’re informed in Scripture of something that causes rejoicing amongst the angels in heaven: soul-winning. This lets you know how important soul-winning is.

Winning souls into God’s Kingdom must be the compelling motive in everything you do. As an entrepreneur, a politician, a teacher, a banker, a business executive, a student, etc., as long as your personal drive and motivation is the expansion of God’s Kingdom, you'll live a meaningful and fulfilled life.

Your involvement in soul-winning attracts more grace and prosperity to your life. It causes the wisdom of God to function in you in an unusual way. Furthermore, the Lord sees to your protection when you’re relevant in taking the Gospel to the nations of the earth. Our opening verse says God is able to make all grace abound towards you, such that having all sufficiency in all things, you’ll abound to every good work. When you’re involved in the spread of the Gospel, the grace of God is increased in your life to achieve more. James 4:6 says, “He giveth more grace…” So don’t relent at any opportunity to promote the Gospel.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, through my involvement in the Kingdom, the saving power of Christ permeates the earth. I’m a distributor of divine verities, relevant to Kingdom expansion. Therefore, your grace continually abounds towards me to be more relevant in the propagation of the Gospel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Deuteronomy 28:18 Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep. ;

Psalms 35:27 Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 4, Psalms 113-116

2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 4:14-23, Jeremiah 4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:19am On Aug 20, 2014
Continue in Faith- Wednesday, August 20th

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? (Galatians 3:1-3).

As you study the entire book of Galatians, you’d understand why Paul made the statement above, chiding the Galatian Christians: they had strayed from the message of the Gospel, the Word of faith, which they had received. Some false teachers came, teaching them that they had to obey the Law to be justified; as a result, their faith began to waver. Decrying their deviation from the message of faith, Paul asked them, “…having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?”

He wanted them to remember how they received the Holy Spirit; it wasn’t through obedience to the Law, but by faith. The salvation they had received didn’t happen by keeping the Law: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). Your righteousness and right-standing with God aren’t the results of your good works; they’re by the faith of Christ, the result of what He did.

Galatians 2:16 says, “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” The righteousness, which is by faith, doesn’t rely on the works of the Law, but on faith in the God that justifies the ungodly (Romans 4:5).

By faith, you received eternal life, and the Holy Spirit to live in you. By faith, the righteousness of God was imparted to your spirit. Therefore, continue in faith,grounded and settled, and refuse to be moved away from the hope of the Gospel, which you've heard (Colossians 1:23).

Confession. ..
I thank you Lord for the righteousness I’ve received; the righteousness which is by the faith of Jesus Christ, to stand in your presence confidently without fear, inferiority, guilt or condemnation. I have no confidence in the flesh because you are my justifier. Halleluiah!

Further Study :
John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Philippians 3:3
For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Corinthians 5 Psalms 117-118

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Colossians 1:1-8 Jeremiah 5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:31am On Aug 21, 2014
The Ability is in the Instruction-Thursday, August 21st

Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold (Proverbs 8:10).

Spiritual instructions may come to you in the most unexpected or unusual way, but be prompt to obey. Never try to rationalize spiritual instructions with your mind; the wisdom of God is foolishness to men.

Consider the Lord’s instructions to Joshua for instance. After the death of Moses, God instructed Joshua to take over and subdue Jericho: “And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour. And ye shall compass the city, all ye men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt thou do six days. And seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams’ horns: and the seventh day ye shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets. And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat…” (Joshua 6:2-5).

From the natural standpoint, God’s instruction was an impossible feat for Joshua and the children of Israel. The thickness of the walls of Jericho was such that houses were built on them. But Joshua followed the Lord’s instructions and the result was victory for the children of Israel.

Our opening verse says to receive instruction and not silver. The Word of God is God’s instruction manual for an extraordinary life of glory, dominion, and victory; so don’t neglect the Word. The Bible says, “Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life” (Proverbs 4:13). Don't complain when you receive spiritual instructions, because with such instructions, come the ability to accomplish whatever God tells you to do.

Be conscious of this when responsibilities are given you, especially in the house of God. Once you’ve received the instruction to do something, recognize that you've received the ability for that task. Stir up the wisdom of God in you through speaking in tongues, and you’ll see pictures of possibilities and visions of success; the Holy Spirit will show you what to do, and how to accomplish the task.

Prayer. ..
Thank you dear Father for your divine power at work in me to accomplish every task that you’ve planned for me. I recognize the working of your Spirit in me, and thus declare that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. He’s my ability; therefore, I make progress by the power of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
1 Samuel 15:22-23.
22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Daily Scripture Reading :

1 year Bible reading plan :1 Corinthians 6 Psalms 119:1-112

2 Year Bible Reading Plan : Colossians 1:9-18 Jeremiah 6

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (108) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 249
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.