Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:57 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (258341 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Bobby4090: 6:15am On Sep 07, 2014
ehisaito: [ May God forgive all of u for saying what u dont know, pastor anita never said anyting about adultry, the media will be the reason why some of u will av to face God on that day of rekon, keep on rantin your mouth, for u are the owner..
Damage limitation from blind Mr Chris followers. What is the difference between adultery and 'inappropriate relationship with female members of the church' and 'extra marital affairs' which were the exact quotations from the court divorce papers she filed. Am sure you do not also know that having a carnal knowledge means the same thing as sleeping with someone. u need to go back to school young man.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On Sep 07, 2014
Diligence: A Pathway To Greatness -Sunday, September 7th .
Pastor Chris

"The hand of the diligent will rule, but the slothful will be put to forced labor" (Proverbs 12:24 AMP).

Slothfulness is one of the antonyms of diligence. That means the one who isn’t diligent is slothful, and will of necessity live a hard life, while the diligent receives promotion. The New Living Translation puts it this way, “Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and become a slave.” It makes no difference what you do; if you work hard, you’ll be a leader and a champion. When it says, “Work hard,” it means to diligently do whatever is required to be done to achieve excellence in what you do.

The slothful ending up a slave doesn’t mean he’s going to be a slave to somebody else, but to a system. That means he’ll be hemmed-in in life—a slave of the system—whipped by the vagaries of life. The diligent, on the other hand, “will rule”; that means they shall have authority. If you’re a writer, a news correspondent, a journalist, a schoolteacher, a student, whatever it is you are, be diligent.

If you want to be successful in anything, whether it’s about gaining some more weight or shedding some thereof, or perhaps about your health or finances, diligence is what you need. Diligence means careful, persistent and determined actions to achieve a definite purpose.

Proverbs 22:29 says, “Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.” The Lord is telling us that the diligent is not only going to stand tall among kings, he’s going to walk among them. Whether he becomes a king or not, he’s going to be known among kings. Isn’t that wonderful? You’re not going to be among obscure men when you’re diligent.

God cares about your life and what happens to you; He wants you to have excellent results in all that you do, that’s why He wants you to be diligent. You may have set goals for yourself in the area of your finances, health, spiritual or career development; pursue those goals with diligence. To fulfil God’s destiny for your life, you have to work on being diligent in every area of your life. Diligence is a pathway to greatness.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me through your Spirit and through the effectual working of your Word in me, the discipline and ability to be diligent in all I do. Thank you for bringing me into places of influence and authority as I channel my energies into achieving excellence and perfection in all that I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 12:24 AMP
The hand of the diligent will rule, but the slothful will be put to forced labor.

Romans 12:11
Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 6:3-7:1, Proverbs 20-21
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12, Jeremiah 25

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ehisaito(m): 7:02am On Sep 07, 2014
Keep on talking sir, as u'v made it your business to judge another man's servant
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ehisaito(m): 7:03am On Sep 07, 2014
/Keep on talking sir, as u'v made it your business to
judge another man's servant
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ehisaito(m): 7:14am On Sep 07, 2014
Keep on talking sir, as u'v made it your business to
judge another man's servant

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Bobby4090: 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
Rhapsody of Mastuurbation...AKA self-service.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:53am On Sep 08, 2014
Dealing Wisely im Life's Affairs-Monday 8th September

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success (Joshua 1:cool.

The Septuagint rendering of the latter part of the verse above is more enlightening. It didn’t just say you’d have good success; rather, it goes on to say you’ll become perceptive. The Greek word used is "suniemi"; it means to be sagacious and perspicacious; to have high intelligence; to have your thinking level elevated to a high class! It also means to be acutely insightful, possessing the ability to "mentally put things together." That’s what the Word of God does in your life. It makes you wise and penetratingly discerning.

The Amplified version says, "…you shall deal wisely and have good success." Meditating on the Word makes this happen for you. You become excellent in your dealings with people, in business, in your finances, etc. The Spirit of God, through the Word, brings extraordinary sagacity into your life. Every Christian needs this.Psalm 119:98 says, "Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me." The Word makes you wiser than your adversaries.

Then Psalm 119:99- 100 says, "I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts." His testimonies are His declaration of Himself: What He said about Himself, about us, and about His kingdom. As you meditate on all that, your mindset is elevated to make accurate decisions and choices. Everything you do will turn out excellently.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word, which is able to make me wise unto salvation through faith, which is in Christ Jesus. Your Word imparts wisdom to me to deal excellently in all affairs of life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
2 timothy 3:15; [KJV] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

1 timothy 4:15 [KJV] Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

1 year Bible reading plan: 2 Corinthians 7:2-16 Proverbs 22-23
2 year Bible reading plan: 2 Thessalonians 2:1-10 Jeremiah 26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ehisaito(m): 7:57am On Sep 08, 2014
Thank u sir, for making it posible for me reading rhapsody of realities.......

The gates of hell shall not prevail over christembassy in jesus name.... Mery not over your neibours downfall,, even if he or she is your enemy. Dis is for those who are trying to play the roll of Jesus over his servants,,,, the judges in nairaland....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Vicdedean(m): 9:45am On Sep 08, 2014
mabell: PASTOR CHRIS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5TH

SEE WITH YOUR “FAITH-EYE’’[i][/i][color=#770077][/color]
Things that are seen don’t last forever, but things that are not seen are eternal. That’s why we keep our minds on things that are not seen. (2nd Corinthians 4:8 cev).
As Christians we achieve our success, victory, prosperity and progress in life by activating certain spiritual principles that we find in God’s word. One of such principles is seeing the unseen. This means seeing with your faith eye, seeing your miracle first from inside you- your heart.
Before the physical manifestation of the glory and supernatural power of God in your life, you must see it first within you. Once you can see it inside your spirit- with the eyes of faith- then that thing is already yours. You can never have it on the outside if you don’t have it first within. That’s where some have missed it. They want to see first with their physical eyes before calling real that which God has promised. That’s not faith. Faith is calling real that which the physical senses can’t perceive.
For instance, it’d be wrong for anyone to say of a pregnant woman; “I can’t see her baby so there is nothing in her womb” the fact is the baby is there even though no one is seeing it. Even before her belly got big the baby was there already. The belly only got big because the baby inside grew bigger. At the end of the gestation period, the baby will be born.
In the same way, that miracle you are pregnant with- that blessing you’ve already seen and take possession of in the spirit-will manifest if you refuse to vacillate or waver in your faith.
With your eyes of faith, see the new job you desire; see your prosperity, health, grace, peace progress, success, deliverance and the salvation of your family and friends. Begin to proclaim with your mouth that which you have already seen within you, not so they will come to pass, but because you know that in the faith realm, they already exist.

CONFESSION
I thank you father for helping me see my success, wisdom, health, wealth, progress, promotion and every good thing I require to live the good, glorious and victorious life you’ve called me into.
FURTHER STUDY
Hebrews 11:1AMP, John 20:29
Gombs: Dealing Wisely im Life's Affairs-Monday 8th September
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success (Joshua 1:cool.
The Septuagint rendering of the latter part of the verse above is more enlightening. It didn’t just say you’d have good success; rather, it goes on to say you’ll become perceptive. The Greek word used is "suniemi"; it means to be sagacious and perspicacious; to have high intelligence; to have your thinking level elevated to a high class! It also means to be acutely insightful, possessing the ability to "mentally put things together." That’s what the Word of God does in your life. It makes you wise and penetratingly discerning.
The Amplified version says, "…you shall deal wisely and have good success." Meditating on the Word makes this happen for you. You become excellent in your dealings with people, in business, in your finances, etc. The Spirit of God, through the Word, brings extraordinary sagacity into your life. Every Christian needs this.Psalm 119:98 says, "Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me." The Word makes you wiser than your adversaries.
Then Psalm 119:99- 100 says, "I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts." His testimonies are His declaration of Himself: What He said about Himself, about us, and about His kingdom. As you meditate on all that, your mindset is elevated to make accurate decisions and choices. Everything you do will turn out excellently.
Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word, which is able to make me wise unto salvation through faith, which is in Christ Jesus. Your Word imparts wisdom to me to deal excellently in all affairs of life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Further Study: 
2 timothy 3:15; [KJV] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
1 timothy 4:15 [KJV] Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
Gombs: Dealing Wisely im Life's Affairs-Monday 8th September
Prayer...
Further Study: 

Thanks a million man! Keep it coming always. God Bless real good.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Bobby4090: 10:02am On Sep 08, 2014
Vicdedean:

Thanks a million man! Keep it coming always. God Bless real good.

You people read yet you dont practise what you read. How can mr chris and mrs anita oyakhilome who both write this rhapsody be engaged in a messy divorce case and washing their dirty linen publicly.what does the bible preach about adultery and divorce.This a case of the blind leading the blind. No wonder divorce cases are rampant in christ embassy "club" because the rot starts from the top. no wonder mr chris oyakhilome recommends mastuurbation / self service for his members as a way out. very shameful
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:51am On Sep 09, 2014
Advancing In Life -Tuesday, September 9th .
Pastor Chris

Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all (1 Timothy 4:15).

The Word of God has a ministry in our lives, and this is something that needs to be emphasized in the body of Christ. The Christian ought to be voracious for the Word. You have to always open your heart and mind to the Word to build, strengthen, and establish you permanently to enjoy all that God has made available to you in Christ. We read the Apostle Paul’s admonition to the young man Timothy, saying, “Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them….” What things was he referring to?

In the preceding chapters of 1 Timothy, Paul had shared specific and vital truths from God’s Word with Timothy; it was those revelations he urged him to meditate upon. If the Spirit thought it fit to give Timothy such vital counsel through the Apostle Paul, then it’s equally befitting to us today. We’re to constantly meditate on the revelation of God’s Word that we’ve received.

Notice also that he said to him, “…give thyself wholly to them…” That means, “yield” yourself completely to the Word. Allow the Word to have power over your life. Let it dominate your thinking, influence your words, and propel your actions. Yielding yourself to the Word is a conscious and deliberate response, initiated from your spirit to the Word of God.

Imagine that someone said to you, “Get up,” and you promptly obliged, especially upon due contemplation of the instruction, and consideration of the one from whom it came, you’ve “yielded” yourself to that instruction. As a result, you’ll then enjoy the benefits of the instruction. The benefit of “yielding” yourself wholly to the Word is that your “profiting” will appear to all. The Greek word translated “profiting” is “prokope,” which means furtherance, progress or advancement. This means you’ll make advancement by the Word; your progress becomes apparent when the Word is final authority in your life.

The phrase, “may appear” in our opening verse actually means more than “something coming casually into sight”; the Greek term is “Phaneros,” which means, “to spread abroad.” Your advancement, furtherance, and prosperity will “spread abroad,” become widely and openly known, as you “meditate” and “yield” yourself wholly and completely to the Word of God.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, I thank you for the transforming power of your Word as I meditate on, and yield myself completely to, its influence and dominion. My progress and advancement spread abroad, evident for all to see, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalms 143:5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands. ;

Psalms 1:1-3 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 8-9, Proverbs 24-26
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Thessalonians 2:11-17, Jeremiah 27

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by elijahzion2(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2014
So greatful for the messanger angel for us today and our man of God for his directions. We know who we are and men are not issues for us but the high calling of God.thank you brother Gombs for a great job on this forum. We love and God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:09am On Sep 11, 2014
Divinity at Work in You-Thursday, September 11th.

Pastor Chris

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10).

Everyone born into the world is born with the natural human life. Man, however, is a spirit being and needs the supernatural life to function to his full potentials. That’s the reason Jesus came to give us another kind of life—the God-kind of life. Anyone that has received Jesus as Lord has this life (1 John 5:11). The Apostle John, emphasizing this, declared, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life…” (1 John 5:13).

God wants you to have the consciousness of the divine life in you. He wants you to be aware that because of this divine life working in every fibre of your being, no one, and nothing, can destroy you. Ephesians 2:1 says, “And you [He made alive], when you were dead (slain) by [your] trespasses and sins” (AMP). Think about that: you were dead, but now you’re alive in Christ. Can you see why you’re indestructible and invincible? Life works in you. This is the right mindset for the believer in Christ; the Lord Jesus Christ came to this world, died in your place, and was raised from the dead to give you a new life that’s not susceptible to defeat, failure or death.

You should therefore live happy, joyful and in glory, victory, righteousness, dominion, and excellence. Live the triumphant life for which the Lord Jesus died. He didn’t die for nothing; He died for you to enjoy the benefits of the new life He’s given you. Therefore, refuse to be defeated or mesmerized by Satan; refuse to let sickness ravage your body! Say no to poverty and lack. Everyday, be conscious that divinity is at work in you! Glory to God!

Confession. ..
I’m life-conscious; life works in me! Every fibre of my being, every bone of my body, and every cell of my blood, is inundated with divine energy! I will never be defeated in this life; divinity is at work in me. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. I’m alive to God! Halleluiah!

Further Study :
1 Timothy 6:12.
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

John 5:26.
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; ;

1 John 5:11.
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan:2 Corinthians 11:1-15, Proverbs 29-31
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Thessalonians 3:11-18, Jeremiah 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:10am On Sep 11, 2014
How on earth did I forget to post yesterday's edition? undecided
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ehisaito(m): 6:25am On Sep 11, 2014
It happens like that sometimes sir,,, we appreciat

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:28am On Sep 11, 2014
Gombs: How on earth did I forget to post yesterday's edition? undecided

grin
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Joagbaje(m): 7:54am On Sep 11, 2014
Gombs: How on earth did I forget to post yesterday's edition? undecided

So you didn't post it ehn? No wonder I was searching and searching for rhapsody on Nairaland yesterday I went to page 2 and 3 I couldn't find it. I came back to front page concluding it's there somewhere. Until I got tired of searching . Many people come on Nairaland to read rhapsody, pls make it more regular.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:47am On Sep 11, 2014
Joagbaje:

So you didn't post it ehn? No wonder I was searching and searching for rhapsody on Nairaland yesterday I went to page 2 and 3 I couldn't find it. I came back to front page concluding it's there somewhere. Until I got tired of searching . Many people come on Nairaland to read rhapsody, pls make it more regular.

I should never repeat itself again...this is the first time it happened in 1year one month plus now.... I'm sure it won't repeat itself again smiley
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:39am On Sep 12, 2014
Reprogramming Your Mind For Success- Friday, September 12th.

Pastor Chris

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:2).

As one who’s born again, you’re not supposed to live like the rest of the world; don’t conform to their ways of doing things. For example, you might be in a place where people generally cheat or are dishonest; don’t imitate them. Don’t say, “But everybody is doing it”; that everybody is doing it doesn’t make it okay. Besides, you’re not “everybody;” you’re a new creation; you’re special; you’re one of a kind.

Our opening verse doesn’t just tell us not to conform to this world, it also informs us on what to do to stand out and live the life of righteousness. It says, “…be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind.” It’s talking about a metamorphosis, a transfiguration or change from glory to glory. This change happens by the renewing of your mind.

This means it’s really up to you to change your state, to move from your present glory, to yet another level of glory and excellence. Perhaps you’ve had fears in your life, now with the Word of God you can reprogramme your mind against fear. Maybe you used to be pointlessly talkative, that also can change.

The Lord isn’t saying, “Try to change,” because He knows that won’t work; rather, He lets you know how the necessary change can come about: it’s by the renewing of your mind. The renewing of your mind will alter your personality. If you wanted to become a bold person, it wouldn’t happen by saying, “Okay, from today, I’m bold”; no. First, be conscious that you’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. The consciousness of your righteousness in Christ will transform you into a bold and courageous person.

If you’ve been experiencing failures and difficulties, you can transform into a man or woman of success by changing your way of thinking. Receive and process new information from God’s Word that’ll reprogramme your spirit for success and position

Confession...
The Word of God gives light to my spirit, guiding me in the way that I should go. As I meditate on the Word, my mind is renewed, my thoughts are upgraded, and my life is the revelation of God’s glory, righteousness, and excellence, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Psalms 119:11.
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. ;

Proverbs 23:7.
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee. ;

Ephesians 4:22-24
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 11:16-33, Ecclesiastes 1-2
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 1:1-7, Jeremiah 30

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:14am On Sep 13, 2014
Give Honour And Relevance To What You Do -Saturday August 13th

Pastor Chris

For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify my office (Romans 11:13).

The Apostle Paul made the statement above because the Gentiles were considered Heathens, by the Jews. The Jews were the ones chosen of God; hence, they saw the rest of the world as unclean. When the Lord Jesus came, He came as a Jew and picked His apostles from among the Jews. After He left, and sent out these apostles as ministers, they ministered only to the Jews, the chosen people of God.

Subsequently, God opened the door for the Gentiles to receive the Gospel and sent Peter to the house of Cornelius, a Roman Centurion. Peter ministered the Gospel to Cornelius and his household, and the Holy Ghost came on all of them, to the astonishment of the Jewish believers that accompanied Peter. Afterwards, the other apostles rebuked Peter "Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them" (Acts 11:3). Peter had to explain to them how he was led of the Lord to the house of Cornelius (Acts 11:4-14).

Having listened to Peter, they held their peace, and glorified God, but not without wondering how God could also grant the Gentiles repentance unto eternal life (Acts 11:18). God then raised another apostle by the name of Paul to preach to the Gentiles. Paul, being the apostle to the Gentiles, didn’t see his calling as a menial one, even though the Jews disdained the Gentiles. He said, "I’m an apostle to the Gentiles; I magnify my office." He magnified his responsibility. He respected his office, and honoured what God told him to do.

Never look down or belittle your work or God-given responsibilities. As an individual, there’s a uniqueness to your personality; you have grace given to you to fulfil God’s purpose; so it’s important that you find your place and be the best in whatever you do. It doesn’t matter what opinion others might have offered your assignment; what really counts is how you see and do what you do; you’re the one to give relevance, and honour to your work and calling. So magnify your office.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me special and for the supernatural gifts you’ve endowed me with. Thank you for helping me discover, develop and put these gifts to use for the expansion of your Kingdom and the good of all, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
Ephesians 2:10; [KJV] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 [KJV] Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

1 year Bible reading plan: 2 Corinthians 12:1-21 Ecclesiastes 3-5
2 year Bible reading plan: 1 Timothy 1:8-14 Jeremiah 31

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:28am On Sep 14, 2014
Pray With Understanding -SUNDAY September 14th ·

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven (Matthew 18:19).

There’s such a thing as praying with understanding, just as we can praise God with understanding. Now this is different from praying or praising with "the" understanding. Praying with "the" understanding is praying to God through your mind, in the language that you can understand. In other words, you’re not praying in tongues. 1 Corinthians 14:14 says, "For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful."

On the other hand, praying with understanding means, you understand the principles of that particular prayer; you’re praying according to God’s Word, and your prayer has a definite direction; you know the reason for praying as well as the result! You’re praying, knowing who you are: a joint heir with Christ and also knowing the one to whom you’re praying: the Monarch of the Universe. Consequently, you pray with reverence and in faith, confident that there’s nothing too difficult for Him to do.

Hebrews 11:6 says, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Thus, in praying with understanding, you have a knowledge of who you are in Christ; you have knowledge of the Father, and you have the knowledge of the truth that without faith it’s impossible to please God.

In addition, you know that without the Word of God in operation, your prayer is empty; so you pray the Word. Even when you speak in tongues, you’re aware that you’re not speaking to men but to God; you’re speaking mysteries concerning the situation: "For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries" (1 Corinthians 14:2).

This is how you pray when there’s a "matter." When something is happening in your life or in your country that’s not consistent with the will of God, pray with understanding and you’ll have results.

Prayer...
I thank you Lord for the enlightenment and impartation of knowledge that I received today on prevailing prayer. My faith is strong, as I pray with understanding to change negative circumstances to align with your perfect will for me, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:

Luke 18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

1 year Bible reading plan: 2 Corinthians 13:1-14 Ecclesiastes 6-8

2 year Bible reading plan: 1 Timothy 1:15-20 Jeremiah 32

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Sep 15, 2014
Sanctified For The Master’s Use · Monday September 15th

But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work (2 Timothy 2:20-21).

As it can be seen in our opening verses, there’re different qualities of vessels in God’s house: vessels of silver and gold, and vessels of wood and of earth. Being born again, we’re all vessels in the house of God, made for honouring Him.

None of us was made "unto dishonour"; each one of us has been raised for His glory, but you can decide if you’re going to be a vessel of honour, or a vessel of dishonour. That’s what Paul meant when he said, "If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use…." To be "sanctified" means to be separated or set apart unto God for His sacred use, while to be "meet" means to be qualified.

We’ve already been sanctified: "By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all" (Hebrews 10:10). He has also qualified us (made us meet), to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light (Colossians 1:12). Therefore, you’ve been purged and cleansed from all that’s ignoble and unclean. You’re fit for the Master’s use. However, you must place yourself where you ought to be, and be available for Him to use you. The responsibility is yours, to be in a constant state of readiness, and be willing to take on more responsibilities for the Lord.

You may never know what more the Lord intends to do with your life, which is why you must be willing and ready to do more all the time. Make yourself available for greater responsibilities in the house of God, and do all you’re asked to do faithfully, with a sincere heart.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your love and grace, which you’ve lavishly bestowed upon me, in sanctifying me for your sacred use, and qualifying me to be the partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light. I yield completely to you and declare that my life is for your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
2 Timothy 2:15; [KJV] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

John 15:3; [KJV] Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

1 Corinthians 6:11 [KJV] And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

1 year Bible reading plan: Galatians 1:1-24 Ecclesiastes 9-12
2 year Bible reading plan: 1 Timothy 2:1-15 Jeremiah 33

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Bobby4090: 11:11am On Sep 15, 2014
Rhapsody of Divorcees and pastors who encourage mastuurbation.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:10am On Sep 16, 2014
Testify! · Tuesday, September 16th

Pastor Chris

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death (Revelation 12:11).

As a Christian, it’s important you testify of God’s goodness and the victories He has wrought through you. Our opening verse says, "… they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death." Learn to testify always! Let your environment feel the impact of your testimonies. Testify of the power of God’s Word. Testify of the miracles of God that you’ve witnessed and experienced in your personal life.

One important reason you must always testify is because not all the demons of darkness know you. Of course, they know you’re a believer in Christ Jesus, but they don’t know your personality. Therefore, they’ll test you to know whether you’re full of fear or not; they’ll want to test you to know whether or not you’re trained. So, when you get to a new environment, the first thing you should do is to start testifying. Testify of the workings of the Word of God in your life. Testify of the triumphs of your faith.

When you testify, the demons that are close by will hear your words and begin to transmit your profile to other demons. Soon enough, they’ll become careful not to toy with you or anyone connected to you. Do you know why? Demons are proud figures who don’t like to be disgraced; so they’ll stay off you.

However, if you don’t testify, they wouldn’t know what God has done in your life and with your life, and so, they’ll be hanging around occasionally, throwing darts at you; maybe in the form of fever or headache, or even stir up issues against you at work, because they don’t know who you are. But when they know you, they back off. So, be quick to always share your testimonies.

Confession...
The Lord is my light and my salvation; He’s made me an overcomer and more than a conqueror! Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Glorious things are spoken of me. Halleluiah!

Further Study: 
Psalms 27:1-2 KJV
 1  A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

2  When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

1 year Bible reading plan: Galatians 2:1-21 Songs of Solomon 1-2
2 year Bible reading plan: 1 Timothy 3:1-7 Jeremiah 34

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:13am On Sep 17, 2014
Two Ways To Give Him Glory · Wednesday, September 17th

Pastor Chris

He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God (Romans 4:20).There’re two major ways of giving glory to God. The first one is to testify. And how do you testify? There’re three ways to testify; the first is by declaring what God did for you before the Lord Himself.

Secondly, you testify with your offering. Many don’t understand the power of the offering; it’s a testimony. When you give God your offering, it’s not a collection; it’s a sacred thing, holy unto the Lord. As you give it, you’re testifying and giving glory to Him in your life. Read about Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, and his son Solomon; they all gave offerings upon offerings in worship to God. From time to time, these patriarchs would worship with offerings.

The third way to testify is to tell others; make known to others that which the Lord has done in, with, and for you. Thus, you live your life before others every day, in faith, and manifesting His righteousness. So, when people see you and say, "This fellow never gets discouraged no matter what happens. He always stands his ground on the Word. He must really trust in the Lord!" That’s a testimony. These three form the number one way of giving glory to God.

The second way of giving glory to God is by speaking or shouting "Glory!" This is revealed in Psalms 29:9 (NIV): "…And in his temple all cry, "Glory!" Did you notice it doesn’t say, "…every one should whisper Glory!" You can therefore imagine how Abraham must have lived; he was constantly shouting "Glory," in spite of his precarious condition in the eyes of other men. We do that too a lot of times when we’re led by the Spirit to shout "Glory!"

It makes no difference where you are, or what you’re facing; irrespective of the daunting task or challenges, shout "Glory!" As you do, the Lord’s presence and power will be manifested in your situation!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your kindness, faithfulness, and love. I thank you for the miracles you’ve wrought in my life, and the testimonies that abound. I’ll declare your mighty works and tell of your grace to all around me. Great are you, Lord, and greatly to be praised, now and forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
Luke 17:17-19
[KJV] Luke 17:17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
[KJV] Luke 17:18 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
[KJV] Luke 17:19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

1 year Bible reading plan: Galatians 3:1-14 Songs of Solomon 3-5
2 year Bible reading plan: 1 Timothy 3:8-16 Jeremiah 35

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by tripleace(m): 7:12am On Sep 17, 2014
Thanks for sharing. You are making a big positive difference. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:14am On Sep 18, 2014
Christ Revealed In You · Thursday, September 18th

Pastor Chris

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).

There’re those who argue that Christianity is the imitation of Christ, but they’re wrong. Christianity isn’t the imitation of Christ. Those who are trying to imitate Christ are working from the outside.

In Colossians 1:26-27, the Bible tells us, "Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Christianity is the revelation of Christ in you. That’s God’s dream; that’s His plan and desire: Christ revealed in you!

Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God"; this was due to Adam’s transgression. Now that salvation has been consummated, we’re no longer short of the glory; we’ve been given the glory of the Second Adam, Christ Jesus. Christ in you is the hope of glory. The life of Jesus Christ is made manifest in our physical bodies (2 Corinthians 4:10); what an awesome reality! When He died, you died in Him, and when He was raised from the dead, you were raised up together with Him, unto the transcendent life.

This is Christianity! You’re in Christ; He’s in you. You’re the revelation of His righteousness, glory and grace. No wonder the Word says His intent is to unveil His manifold wisdom to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, through the Church (Ephesians 3:10). True spiritual growth is determined by the extent to which Christ is revealed or manifested through you.

The revelation of Christ in us is much more than the imitation of Christ; it’s the understanding and expression of His character; His life and glory through us. Thus, we see that Christianity is not the imitation of Christ, but there’s an imitation of Christ in Christianity.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the life of Christ in me that makes me supernatural. I was born to live the Christ-life and unveil your character, glory and life! I live above all the limitations of the human realm by the ability of your Spirit that’s at work in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
 2 Corinthians 4:10-11 KJV
10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body

11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

[KJV] Philemon 1:6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

1 year Bible reading plan: Galatians 3:15-25 Songs of Solomon 6-8
2 year Bible reading plan: 1 Timothy 4:1-8 Jeremiah 36

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by elijahzion2(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2014
God bless you brother for your good works for making ROR easy for us to read on a daily basis how I wish I could partner with in this its touching lifes. I pray for you that your hands and wisdom will keep on increasing in Jesus name.Amen

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by suckcybay: 9:32am On Sep 18, 2014
Amen. God Bless you, you made it easy for me to read ROR. thanks

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:55am On Sep 19, 2014
We Imitate The Father Through The Spirit! · Friday, September 19th

Pastor Chris

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children (Ephesians 5:1).

We made a very vital point in our previous study that in Christianity, we don’t try to imitate Christ. What we’re called to do is to "live" Christ. We’re, however, admonished to be followers or imitators of our heavenly Father. Now, is this possible? Can we imitate the Father in our daily life? Yes, we can and should: but how? First, understand that Christ lives in you; He’s your life; therefore, all you have to do is live out the Christ-life.

However, we don’t see the Father. The Father never really lived here in the earth, per se. When Jesus was physically present in the earth, He said, "I do what I see my Father do" (John 5:19). Jesus healed the sick because that was what He saw the Father do. He emulated the Father. Now, where was the Father? And who’s this Father He was referring to? It’s the Holy Spirit!

In John 14:10, Jesus called the Holy Spirit "the Father that dwells in me." So, the way to follow or emulate the Father is by following the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit brings you the presence of the Father; that’s why you can know the Father, even though you’ve never seen Him. He helps us know His ways, making it easy for us to copy Him. The Holy Spirit lives through us, speaks to us, and gives us the right picture of the Father, so we can see Him and emulate Him.

Prayer...
Dear Father, through your Word and by the Spirit, my life is an expression of your Person; your love, kindness, grace, wisdom and glory are revealed in, and through, me to my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Peter 2:21-23(KJV)

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

1 year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 3:26-4:1-20 Isaiah 1-2

2 year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 4:9-16 Jeremiah 37

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:07am On Sep 20, 2014
He’s Your Salvation, Healing …And Strength! · Saturday, September 20th

Pastor Chris

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1).

Most Christians know Jesus Christ as their SAVIOUR, which is wonderful, but knowing Him as your SALVATION will completely revolutionize your life and take your walk with Him to a whole new level. Observe the words of David in our opening verse; he said, "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?" As your saviour, you’re hoping that He will "deliver" you from something, perhaps, your enemies; but as your salvation, you transcend that arena where he rescues you from danger or difficulty; you lose your fears, because you’re in Him.

Psalm 27:2 further shows the result of the Lord being your salvation. It says, "When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell." The Christian isn’t one who needs to be delivered from anything; you don’t need to be bothered about your adversaries. When they come out against you, they’ll stumble and fall, because the Lord is your salvation. He’s your Rock of defence; your protection. Halleluiah! This is different from you asking Him to protect you.

This was what He wanted Israel to see and know so they could relate to Him as such, but they couldn’t. As a result, He brought the revelations to them in bits and pieces. For example, in Exodus 15:26 He said, "...I am the LORD that healeth thee"; beautiful revelation! It means you can receive healing anytime because He’s the God that heals. This, however, is for the babe in Christ. Discover Him, not as your healer, but as your healing. When you do, you’ll realize that you’re no longer in need of healing because He’s your health, just as He’s your wisdom, your love, your ability, and your strength.

When you have Him, you have it all. When Thomas, one of the disciples, said to Him, "Lord, show us the way," the Master, unequivocally replied, "I am the way…" (John 14:6). Jesus Christ doesn’t show you the way, He’s the way. When you find Him, you arrive; your search ends, because He’s the totality of divinity.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for filling me with your Spirit who reveals the Word to me, causing me to abound in the knowledge of Christ, who’s my Salvation, Strength, Healing, and Wisdom! Thank you for helping me discover myself in Christ, and to live the supernatural life of glory in Him, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
Philippians 3:10; [KJV] That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

2 Timothy 2:15 [KJV] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 year Bible reading plan: Galatians 4:21-5:1-15 Isaiah 3-5
2 year Bible reading plan: 1 Timothy 5:1-10 Jeremiah 38

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:27am On Sep 21, 2014
Revealing Christ-Sunday, September 21st.

Pastor Chris

For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus’ sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh (2 Corinthians 4:11).

Christianity is the revelation of Christ in you, the manifestation of the Christ-life in you. It’s so important that you understand this. For example, as a Christian, when you act humbly, it isn’t just because you made an effort to be humble. When you show love, care, and kindness to people, it’s much more than you trying to be nice or uphold good moral standards; rather, it’s the manifestation of the life of Christ in you. It’s because the humility of Christ is in your spirit.

That outward show of love, kindness, humility, etc., that others experience from you is the manifestation of the life of Christ in your spirit. All that God wants to be manifested in you is Christ; Christ alive in you: working through you, touching and changing lives through you.

Understanding this reality will change your thinking and your communication, as well as your perception, both of Christ and of yourself. Then you can really understand how to let Him show Himself alive in you. Suddenly, all your struggling to do things through your own efforts will cease.

Becoming a Christian means Christ has taken up His abode in your spirit; you’ve become His living headquarters and operational centre. Whatever He needs to do in the earth today is through you. You’re His beauty, His trophy, and outstretched arm. Jesus said in John 15:5, “I am the vine, ye are the branches….” The branches are the fruit-producing part of the vine. Thus, you reveal the glory and beauty of Christ.

What God wants you to be conscious of is the glory within: Christ in you; that’s what produces the glory that’s seen on the outside. The glory within is greater. If you’d only look inwards, into your spirit, you’ll be amazed at what’s inside and reveal the same to your world.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, I thank you for Christ taking up His abode in my spirit; and now, I’ve become His living headquarters, and operational centre. Through me, His glory, beauty, wisdom, perfections, and righteousness are revealed to the world, in ever-increasing measure, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 3:3-4
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

1 Peter 4:13
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Galatians 5:16-26 Isaiah 6-8
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Timothy 5:11-12, Jeremiah 39

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (108) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.