Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250361 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:56am On Sep 22, 2014
Believe In Perfection · Monday, September 22nd

Pastor Chris

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect (Matthew 5:48).

There’re many who don’t believe that perfection is possible. When you try to talk to them about perfection, they don’t want to hear it. With a sneer, they accuse you of being a "perfectionist," because in their erroneous belief, "nobody can be perfect." Yet, when you study the Word, there’s no place that suggests to us the impossibility of perfection. God doesn’t give us a chance not to be perfect. Everything about Him calls for perfection; He requires us to be perfect, not when we get to heaven, but here and now—in the earth!

The reason most people don’t think perfection is possible, which is why they’re not perfect, is that they don’t know what perfection is. Perfection is like success, which can be measured at different stages of your life, according to the set-out objectives, purpose, and goal. Perfection is measured according to the light, instruction, or information that you have with respect to the underlying objectives.

Our opening verse says, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." The word "perfect" here is the Greek "teleios," which describes perfection in your heart; a completeness; measuring your heart with the heart of God. The way to do this is through the Word. Think, love and forgive as God wants you to—let your heart be like the Father’s heart.

The word "perfect" is also used in 2 Corinthians 13:11; it says, "Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect…." This time, another Greek word, "katartizo" is used for "perfect." It means to do things perfectly. This is not the perfection in the heart (teleios) but of your actions: the things you do and how you do them. The emphasis here is on doing things impeccably right the first time. And the first step in achieving this is learning to pay attention to details!

Believe in perfection and don’t be intimidated by it. Your perfection will be judged according to the training and information that you’ve received, not the one you didn’t get. So, practise being perfect; think and talk perfection, because the Lord requires it of you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for revealing to me your desire for me to be perfect; I affirm my faith in your Word and declare that by reason of your Spirit of excellence that’s at work in me, I think, talk and do perfect things, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
1 Corinthians 2:6; [KJV] Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

Ephesians 4:13 [KJV] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

1 year Bible reading plan : Galatians 6:1-18 Isaiah 9-10
2 year Bible reading plan : 1 Timothy 5:19-25 Jeremiah 40
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:01am On Sep 23, 2014
The Importance of Knowledge-Tuesday, September 23rd.

Pastor Chris

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge… (Hosea 4:6).

Sad as this may sound, it’s true nonetheless! God’s people suffer in life, not because they don’t pray enough or love God enough, but because they lack accurate and adequate knowledge of the Word. Reiterating this, the Lord Jesus said in Matthew 22:29, “...Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures….”

When people lack accurate and relevant spiritual information from God’s Word, they experience defeat and failure. This isn’t because they’re “weak” Christians or because God couldn’t deliver them; it’s just the plain and inevitable result of ignorance.

Psalms 82:5-7 is so touching; it describes the debacle and despondency of the one who’s ignorant of his heritage and identity in Christ. It says, “They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.” Pathetic!

Now you can better understand why in the lives of some people, things aren’t just happening the way they should; they’re putting in all the efforts they could, yet, nothing productive is coming out. What’s the problem? Ignorance: they know not, neither do they understand; they walk on in darkness, destroyed by sickness and plummeted by the harsh elements of this world. Is this the lot for the Christian? Emphatically no! The Bible declares “…but through knowledge shall the just be delivered” (Proverbs 11:9). If you have knowledge, there’ll be a difference in your life. The knowledge of God’s Word will build you up, and deliver your God-given inheritance into your hands (Acts 20:32).

If you’ve been wondering why your experiences haven’t been as victorious as the Word describes, you need to spend more time studying and meditating on the Word. Build your faith with the Word of God, for faith comes by hearing (Romans 10:17). As the Word comes to you, don’t just agree by way of mental assent, respond by confessing the same things. Soon enough, you’ll change the situation.

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me understanding and insight into your will, purpose and plans as I study your Word. My heart is flooded with wisdom and spiritual understanding, not just to know, but also to walk in your perfect will today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
2 Peter 1:2
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

Proverbs 11:9
An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.

Daily Scripture Reading :

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Ephesians 1:1-14 Isaiah 11-12
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Timothy 6:1-16 Jeremiah 41
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:30am On Sep 24, 2014
Being Born Again · Wednesday, September 24th

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (John 3:3).

The term "born again" wasn’t coined by certain denominations as some people think; it was originally used by Jesus to express the necessity for man’s spiritual rebirth. The Lord Jesus used the term when He addressed Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. The expression puzzled Nicodemus, who then sought to know if being "born again" required a man going back into his mother’s womb to be born a second time.

Read the Master’s response in John 3:5-6: "… Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." It’s important to understand the dichotomy of expression when He said, "…except a man be born of water and of the Spirit...." He was dealing with the same substance: spiritual rebirth. The original rendering actually says, "Except a man is born of water, even the spirit." Water is a type of the Spirit.

When you were born of your mother, you were born of the flesh. Hebrews 12:9 talks about the "fathers of our flesh" and the "Father of spirits." Your earthly father is the father of your flesh, but God is the Father of spirits. Your spirit came alive to God when you were born again. The Master was quite emphatic about being born again; He said, "…Ye must be born again" (John 3:7); so it isn’t something to be taken lightly.

If you’re born again, be glad about it, for it means you hail from Zion. David wrote about this in Psalms 87:5. He said, "And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her." David was a prophet of God, and spoke prophetically about Zion, the city of God.

Coming to the New Testament, the Bible says, "But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels" (Hebrews 12:22). You’re now established as a bona fide citizen of God’s own city—Zion. You’re a fellow citizen with the saints, and belong to the household of God (Ephesians 2:19). You’re now an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ.

Confession...
I’m a new creation in Christ Jesus, a bona fide citizen of Zion—the city of the living God. I’m no longer a stranger but qualified to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in the light. Halleluiah!

Further Study: Ephesians 2:19; Psalms 87:3

1 year Bible reading plan: Ephesians 1:15-2:1-10 Isaiah 13-14
2 year Bible reading plan: 1 Timothy 6:17-21 Jeremiah 42

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:57am On Sep 25, 2014
Not Subject To the Elements! · Thursday, September 25th

Pastor Chris

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances (Colossians 2:20).

When you were born again, you were delivered from the power of darkness, and translated into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son (Colossians 1:13). You’re therefore no longer subject to the elements of this world. This means that you must refuse to be snowed-under by infirmities and harsh elements of this world that make life unbearable for the ordinary man.

From our opening scripture, it’s clear that it’s the babe in Christ—the spiritually immature—that can be subject to the elements of this world. This is why you must keep growing in the Lord—unto a mature man in Christ. Then you’ll be knowledgeable enough to walk in the consciousness of your inheritance in Him.

In John 8:32 the Lord Jesus said, "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." If you walk in ignorance of the truth of God’s Word, you’ll remain in bondage and suffer the same things that the people of the world suffer. You might even think that God is the one punishing you, but He isn’t. Why will He punish you after He has "punished" Jesus in your place? The Bible says, "...He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities…" (Isaiah 53:5).

Your punishment was already laid on Jesus. Therefore, refuse to be dominated by cancer, diabetes, heart trouble, headaches, or any other kind of infirmities. Rise up in your spirit and take the dominion. Tame the world with your faith-filled confessions.

Perhaps, as a businessperson, there’s been so much corruption or unfavourable policies that tend to militate against your success; refuse to be discouraged. No system or policies can work against you; you’re greater than them all; therefore, rise above them. Function above the system. Remember what the Scripture says, "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4).

You were dead with Christ, from the rudiments or elements of this world; refuse to be subject to them. You play by a different set of rules. Have this consciousness always.

Confession...

I refuse to be subject to the elements of this world because greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. I take my place of authority in Christ, and declare that the world is under my dominion, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: John 17:16; 1 John 5:4

1 year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 2:11-22, Isaiah 15-18

2 year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 1:1-18 Jeremiah 43

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On Sep 26, 2014
Don’t Neglect Spiritual Details · Friday, September 26th ·

Pastor Chris

Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life (Proverbs 4:13).

As you walk with the Lord, and carry out that which He instructs you to do, you must painstakingly pay attention to spiritual details because of their importance. Moses, for example, learnt this the hard way. In Numbers 20:8, God instructed him, "Take the rod, and …speak ye unto the rock…and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water…."

Moses didn’t know how important it was when God told him to talk to the rock. The instruction to speak to the rock was of spiritual significance which he ignored and struck the rock instead. It was the mistake of his life. The instruction seemed so light to Moses, but the rest of his ministry was hinged on it; he didn’t know it. Moses, however, wouldn’t be the one to lead the children of Israel to the Promised Land, because of this error.

In serving the Lord, it’s very important that you always listen to the details of His instructions, however insignificant to the flesh they might sound. God’s Word is God’s instruction. Live your life, not according to man’s instructions, information or opinions, but according to the Word. God leads you in the path of greatness by giving you clear and specific instructions to follow. It’s not about what somebody advises or instructs you to do; the question is, "What is God’s instruction in His Word about it?"

This is why I love the Bible, because it’s God’s instruction manual for a glorious life. 2 Timothy 3:16 says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." Do you want to have an excellent life, full of glory and success? There’s a way: Follow God’s Word; don’t neglect the details in His instructions.

Always remember that His wisdom is greater than man’s wisdom; therefore, be sensitive to the guidance He gives you through the Word, and by the Holy Spirit, and you’ll have a beautiful and exceptional life, and gloriously fulfil His calling and destiny for your life.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word, which has in it the ability to cause me to do what it says and be all that you want me to be. By the help of your Spirit, my heart is attuned to your directives and I’m guided to attend to even the minutest detail of your instructions, for therein lies the blessing of a glorious life in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 8:33;(KJV) Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

Proverbs 23:12 (KJV) Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 3:1-21, Isaiah 19-22
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 2:1-10 Jeremiah 44

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:02am On Sep 27, 2014
Use Your Talent For The Gospel · Saturday, September 27th

So we are to use our different gifts in accordance with the grace that God has given us. If our gift is to speak God’s message, we should do it according to the faith that we have (Romans 12:6 GNB).

As God’s children, there’s something unique about each one of us; we’re all so uniquely graced and gifted by God. The Bible says, "…But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that" (1Corinthians 7:7). Everything you are in Christ—all the gifts, talents, and abilities God has given you—are to be used for His glory. Whatever the Lord has taught you or is teaching you; whatever He has exposed you to and helped you to know, are all for the furtherance of the Gospel. Therefore, find the opportunity to use them to advance His righteous cause.

Don’t hide what you know; don’t hide your abilities; don’t hide your talents. Prayerfully consider what more you can do for the ministry. How can you contribute? Your abilities and talents are required in the Kingdom. Become available; let others benefit from the Lord’s investment in you. You may not even know what you can do, but as you make yourself available, God’s Spirit will help you bring your gifts and talents to the fore.

The Spirit of God is bringing you this message today because this is the time to take action: use your talents for the Gospel. The Lord is counting on you; He’s counted you faithful, putting you in the ministry: "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry" (1 Timothy 1:12). He believes in you.

Look out for the need around you; find out what’s necessary to be done in the house of God and be inspired to action. There’re still many souls to be won. Put all you’ve got into the furtherance of the Gospel. Be willing to spend and be spent for the Gospel. The gifts and talents that you have are "…for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" (Ephesians 4:12).

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you for the grace you’ve granted me to be effective in the furtherance of the Gospel. My passion for the Gospel is fuelled more than ever before, and I dedicate my all to ensuring that your righteousness covers the earth and is established in the hearts of men, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
Matthew 25:15; [KJV] And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

Colossians 3:23-24 [KJV] And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
[KJV] Colossians 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

1 year Bible reading plan: Ephesians 4:1-16, Isaiah 23-24
2 year Bible reading plan : 2 Timothy 2:11-26 Jeremiah 45

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:49am On Sep 28, 2014
Passion For Soul-Winning · Sunday, September 28th

Pastor Chris

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16).

As a child of God, you must be passionate about soul-winning; it must burn in your heart to take the Gospel to the lost. You’re the custodian of the Gospel. It’s therefore your divine responsibility to publish it around the world. When you understand that Jesus is the only way, you’ll stand up for the Gospel.

The Apostle Paul, in Acts 13:38-39 said, "Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man (Jesus) is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses." There’re no options to the Gospel. No wonder David said, "Send us around the world with the news of your saving power..." (Psalms 67:2 TLB).

In David’s day, the Gospel hadn’t been fully made manifest, but he had insight into the revelation of Christ the Messiah. The time hadn’t come and the redemptive work of Christ hadn’t been consummated, but Christ now has come. He has died and has risen, and now lives in our hearts. Halleluiah! No Christian is left out of the instruction to preach the Gospel. It should be your passion!

Fuel your passion for the Gospel. Keep preaching and talking to others about Jesus. Discuss the Gospel continually with those who are also fired up in their spirits for the Gospel and intercede in prayer for the lost who are yet to hear the Word of salvation.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the news of your saving power, the Gospel. I’m grateful and honoured for the privilege to be a minister of reconciliation. Through me, many are coming to the knowledge of the Gospel of Christ, which you’ve graciously committed to my trust, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
 Matthew 28:19 [KJV] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

1 year Bible reading plan: Ephesians 4:17-5:1-2, Isaiah 25-26
2 year Bible reading plan: 2 Timothy 3:1-17 Jeremiah 46

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On Sep 29, 2014
There’s A Reason For Your Being · Monday, September 29th

Pastor Chris

Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther, Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king’s house, more than all the Jews…and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? (Esther 4:13-14).

Have you ever wondered why you were born in this generation and not in the 1800s, for example? You have to understand that God has something to do with your being alive at this time. He has a purpose for your being.

The children of Israel were in a terrible predicament, in the days of king Ahasuerus. A certain man named Haman hated the Jews, and he happened to be a very influential figure, and wielded so much authority at the behest of king Ahasuerus. The king promoted and elevated him above all the princes in his kingdom and so all the servants in the king’s gate bowed and reverenced Haman whenever he walked by (Esther 3:1-2). Thus, Haman had the political might and influence to annihilate the Jews whom he hated, as Mordecai the Jew would not bow to him.

However, Esther, who was also a Jew, and married to the king, was relishing the glory of the palace, completely oblivious of Haman’s hatred and quest to destroy the Jews. Mordecai, her uncle, sent a touching message to Esther which we read in our theme scripture. He told Esther, "Who knows, perhaps, you have come to royal position to prevent this from happening." Indeed, Esther’s timely intervention prevented Haman from actualizing his wicked plot against the Jews.

Maybe you’re "the Esther" that God has placed in Government today, in that strategic position, where you can be of help to God’s people. Sometimes, it might even be for you to help an individual, or the work of the Kingdom in your locality, country or region to progress further. Perhaps God placed you there because He knew a time of need would come, and you’d rise to the occasion. Don’t fail Him. Don’t neglect any opportunity to help. Don’t think about yourself only; think about the Gospel, and its spread around the world through your personal contribution.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I’m grateful for the opportunities you’ve made available to me to be of help to others and be relevant in the spread of the Gospel around the world. I recognize and take advantage of your grace in me to win for others and fulfil my role in the ministry of reconciliation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
Romans 15:1; We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

Galatians 6:8; For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Esther 4:16 Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.

1 year Bible reading plan: Isaiah 27-28 Ephesians 5:3-21
2 year Bible reading plan: 2 Timothy 4:1-10 Jeremiah 47
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:01am On Sep 30, 2014
The Gospel Unveils God’s Righteousness · Tuesday, September 30th

Pastor Chris

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith... (Romans 1:16-17).

Through the years, men have sought righteousness, wanting to be righteous before God. However, the latter part of our opening scripture explains the reason for their inability to attain righteousness or even comprehend what it means. The righteousness of God is only revealed in the Gospel of Christ. The Gospel of Christ is the unveiling of God’s righteousness; it’s the Gospel of God’s righteousness. Therefore, until one accepts the Gospel of Christ, he or she will never be able to live a righteous life or know what the righteousness of God is.

Righteousness gives you the ability to stand in the presence of God without condemnation, guilt, fear or sense of inferiority. It’s the ability to stand in fellowship with God and having the rightness of God in your spirit. There’s no other way to come into this extraordinary life of righteousness and oneness with the Lord except through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This is why we can’t afford to be quiet about the Gospel. It’s the answer to man’s cry. Let’s not act as though there’s another way. There’s no other way for men to learn of the righteousness of God, receive the righteousness of God, or understand the righteousness of God, outside of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So, don’t be quiet in your locality, city, town, or nation; make the message of salvation known.

You hold the key to the salvation of men; therefore, preach the Gospel and unveil the righteousness of God to them. Be the answer to their search for God’s righteousness.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your righteousness revealed in the Gospel of Christ. As the message of salvation gets into the hearts of men today, I pray that faith be ignited in them to receive and become the effulgence of your righteousness, as eternal life is imparted to their spirits, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 3:22;Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

1 year Bible Reading Plan: Ephesians 5:22-6:9, Isaiah 29-30
2 year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 4:11-22 Jeremiah 48
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:33am On Oct 01, 2014
Angels On Patrol! · Wednesday, October 1st

There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone (Psalms 91:10-12).

In the days of Abraham, the Bible tells us how, in the city of Sodom, the people were wicked and indulged in all kinds of evil practices. God, seeing the wickedness in Sodom, sent two angels to destroy the city: "And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground" (Genesis 19:1).

Do you realize that as Christians, we can invite angels through our prayers, and have them patrol our streets and cities as they did in Bible days? We can pray and stall the efforts and actions of wicked men in different cities and nations. Yes, we can.

The Bible says, "Are they (angels) not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14). Through angelic activities, initiated by our prayers, we can ensure that the perpetrators of evil and confusion are delivered into the hands of the law and decisive actions are taken against them. We must refuse to act as victims, and not sit idly by when Satan and his cohorts are on the rampage in towns, cities, and villages around the world. We can thwart their efforts.

Imagine that pandemonium breaks out in your neighbourhood and people are scampering for their lives as a result of an onslaught or a drive-by shooting. Are you going to be running like everyone else, with the presence of the Holy Spirit in your life? There’s a better way to all of these; it’s prayer. It’s about time we prayed correctly as Christians, to wield our authority in Christ, invoking angelic ministration in our cities and nations. God is counting on us for this, and we must act.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for always causing us to triumph in Christ and make manifest the savour of His knowledge and glory in every place. By the power of the Holy Spirit, I’ll put the Word to work in prayer and frustrate the activities of Satan in my city and nation. Thank you, Lord, for this revelation in the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

2 Corinthians 2:14; Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 year bible reading plan: Ephesians 6:10-24 Isaiah 31-32

2 year bible readding plan: Titus 1:1-16 Jeremiah 49
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On Oct 02, 2014
Sow The Right Words Into Your Life · Thursday, October 2nd

Pastor Chris

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap (Galatians 6:7).

The Lord Jesus, in narrating the parable of the sower said, "A sower went out to sow his seed…" (Luke 8:5). Then in the eleventh verse, He explained that the seed the sower sowed was the Word of God, letting us know that words are seeds.

We read in our opening verse that what you sow is what you reap. If you sow good seeds (the right words) into your life, they’ll produce the right results. You can’t sow corn seeds, for instance, and expect to harvest mangos; every seed reproduces after its kind. So, the question is, what words are you sowing into your life?

Words come to us when we listen to other people, in messages that we receive from our environment, what we read, watch etc. These words become seeds that are sown into our lives, reproducing the character that we become. Who you are today is not an accident; it’s the result of all the seeds (words) that have been sown into you all your life: by those who took care of you while you were growing up, your environment, the schools you attended, and all the information you received through your senses of hearing and sight. How these words got into you isn’t so important; what’s important is that they did, and today you’re the result of those words.

If those words (seeds) weren’t the right ones, and you want to make adjustments, you have to introduce new "seeds." You can’t make the adjustment by crying or regretting; you can only do so by sowing the right words into you. Sow words of joy, peace and love, and you’ll reap the same. Your life goes in the direction of your words. If your words are excellent, your life will be excellent.

Stop your heart and ears from the wrong words. The only words you should allow take root in your heart are words that inspire, lift, bless and stir you in the direction of God’s perfect will.

Confession

The Lord perfects that which concerns me! I’m the expression of His glory, grace, wisdom and righteousness. I walk in preordained pathways today, and I make progress by the Word, living triumphantly to the glory of His Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 15:7; If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

1 year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 1:1-30 Isaiah 33-34
2 year Bible Reading Plan: Titus 2:1-15 Jeremiah 50
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On Oct 03, 2014
Our Heavenly Pedigree · Friday, October 3rd

Pastor Chris

But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives… (Philippians 3:20 NLT).

When you were born again, you became a bona fide citizen of heaven. You’re from the government of Zion, functioning in the earth as heaven’s ambassador. The Spirit of God plainly emphasized this through the writings of the Apostle Paul to the Church. Ephesians 1:21 says Jesus Christ has been set in the place of authority in the heavenly realms, not just above or near above, but "far" above all principality, and power; that is, every rulership or government, and the authority by which they govern.

The Wuest Translation renders it beautifully: it says Christ is seated "…over and above every government and authority and power and lordship...." You might say, "Yes, that’s Jesus, but how does that connect me?" Ephesians 2:1-6 gives us the connection. Part of it says, "And you hath he quickened…together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink...And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus." Notice your current location: you’ve been raised up together, and made to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.

This, therefore, means you’re from the government of heaven; you’re over and above every rulership or government, and the authority by which they govern. It doesn’t matter where you go in this world; wherever you find yourself, be conscious of your heavenly pedigree. When I go out, whether from one country to another or within an environment, I’m always conscious that I’m from the government of heaven. Carry that consciousness as well. You’re not an ordinary person.

Look beyond your natural citizenship, the country of your earthly nativity, to Zion, the real country of your birth. Psalms 87:4-5 shows that you were born in Zion. You’re far removed from the influences of demons, wickedness, perils and debilitating forces in this world.

Confession...
I’m seated with Christ in the place of authority, over and above every government, authority, power, lordship and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in the one to come. I’m over and above all circumstances of life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 2:1-6;
1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Matthew 17:5;
While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Psalm 87:4-5
4 I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.

5 And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:1-18 Isaiah 35-37
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Titus 3:1-15 Jeremiah 51
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:12am On Oct 04, 2014
Humility: The Way To Greatness · Saturday, Oct 4th

Pastor Chris

...Truly I say to you, unless you repent (change, turn about) and become like little children [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving], you can never enter the kingdom of heaven [at all]. Whoever will humble himself therefore and become like this little child [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving] is greatest in the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 18:3-4 AMP).

Great men and women are usually very humble. People who are puffed up or arrogant are never great. In fact, they’re puffed up because there isn’t anything great about them. Proverbs 18:12 says, "Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility." James 4:6 also says, "But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."

Every child of God must be humble. Humility, however, doesn’t mean you’re foolish, neither does it mean stupidity. Humility is of the mind and of the heart; it’s of the inward man. You can know a humble man not just from the outside, but from the inside. True humility is submitting yourself to the Lordship of Jesus Christ through the Word. The Word of God is the only power that can get into your spirit to make the necessary adjustments. When you study the Word and let it guide your thoughts, actions and way of life, you’re automatically submitting to Jesus because He’s the Living Word.

God has destined you for greatness! As you get greater, be more humble. Small men are rough, brash and disrespectful. Never esteem yourself by your natural achievements or physical abilities; submit yourself instead, to the Word. Follow instructions and submit yourself to leadership. As you receive God’s Word and act accordingly, you become more humble, and your life becomes more glorious.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the life of Christ in me. Thank you for the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, who teaches and guides me from within. Thank you for your Word that teaches me the importance of humility; it produces the result of what it talks about in me today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Luke 9:48;And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

1 Peter 5:6 6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:19-3:1-11 Isaiah 38-39
2Year Bible Reading Plan: Philemon 1:1-9 Jeremiah 52
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:04am On Oct 05, 2014
Be Yourself · Sunday, October 5th

Pastor Chris

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them (Ephesians 2:10).

God wants you to value yourself for who you are. There’re people who aren’t satisfied with themselves; they have the burden of always wishing they were like someone else. No; be yourself. And the first way to do that is to value yourself, because God values you and is happy about you. Remember that you can’t treat anyone else right until you treat yourself right; if you’re not glad about yourself, you most certainly won’t be glad about anyone else.

You’re valuable to God; that’s why He sent Jesus to die in your place. The value of an item is the price paid for it. Your value is the life of the Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ. So value yourself and quit trying to be someone else. Be happy about you, and be the best of you for God. God loves diversity and that’s the beauty of life. We’re so many in the world, but God expresses Himself through every one of us in different ways; and until you recognize that, you may never be able to bring out the best in you.

It’s your responsibility to bring out the best in you. Your heart is like a garden, and God expects you to tend it, and bring forth the best out of your garden. It’s up to you, what you produce from your garden: the kind of crop you come up with. What you sow is what you reap (Galatians 6:7).

We read in our opening verse that you’re God’s workmanship. You’re His excellent handiwork. You mean so much to Him. Become satisfied with the truth that He loves you, wants you, and is happy to have someone like you. Acknowledge that you’re the best of you that God has. Love yourself, because God loves you; and express that love to other people. Refuse to let anyone demean you. You’re God’s best. Believe it, accept it and think that way.

Confession...
I’m God’s workmanship, recreated in Christ Jesus unto good works. I acknowledge my origin, heritage and personality in Christ; therefore, my faith is operative and effective in the Name of Jesus! I’m God’s best, His cream and beauty, and my life is for His glory, now and forever. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalms 139:14; I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 3:12-4:1-3 Isaiah 40-41
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Philemon 1:10-25 Lamentation 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:18am On Oct 06, 2014
Love Others As They Are · Monday, October 6th

Pastor Chris

…But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:7-cool.

Some people believe anyone who isn’t like them has a problem; they try to "change" other people or get them to measure up to their standards. Having pastored for so many years, I’ve learnt that you really can’t "change" anybody. The best thing is to see others the way God sees them; love them the way they are.

God didn’t ask us to change so He could love us; He loved us while we were yet sinners. He didn’t wait for us to become righteous first; He loved us the way we were and sent Jesus to die in our place.

If God didn’t wait for us to "change" first, before sending Jesus to die for us, then we must emulate the same in our relationships. This doesn’t mean we don’t need to make changes in our lives or expect changes in other people. The change we all need to embrace, however, is that which helps us become even more gracious; that which helps us become more and more of what God wants us to be: the expression of His glory, righteousness, and love. You don’t need to "change" your neighbours, friends, colleagues, spouse, etc.; just love them. They are all wonderful the way they are.

Read what Paul said: "To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some" (1 Corinthians 9:22). That means he made adjustments to accommodate other people. That’s for us to emulate.

Remember, before he learnt that, he was trying to change other people. He was on his way to Damascus to "change" the Christians, when the Lord called him and gave him his divine assignment (Acts 9:3-5), to turn the Gentiles from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God. But that was for a purpose; it was so the Gentiles may receive forgiveness of sins, and an inheritance amongst them which are sanctified (Acts 26:18). It wasn’t so that He (God) could love the Gentiles more.

We can share God’s love—His Word with others— to help them become what God wants them to be, not what we want them to be.

Prayer...
Thank you Father, for helping me appreciate others and value them for who they are. Thank you for your love that’s in my heart, which I express to everyone around me today, through my words and actions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 5:5; And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

1 John 4:17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 4:4-23 Isaiah 42-43
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 1:1-14 Lamentation 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:03am On Oct 07, 2014
Your Reflection In Him -Tuesday, October 7th .

Pastor Chris

Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye maybe blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain (Philippians 2:14-16).

The underlined portion of our theme scripture says, “Holding forth the word of life.” When you hold forth the Word of life, you’re holding out the picture of Jesus, for He is the Living Word, and He is life. The beautiful thing about that picture is that when it’s held out, people see themselves and how beautiful they are; they see a reflection of themselves in Christ. God’s Word mirrors us. 2 Corinthians 3:18 says, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”

As we look into God’s mirror, which is His Word, where the beauty of Christ is expressed, we’re changed into the same image of glory that we see in the Word. Then you discover you’re not the weakling you thought you were; you're not the disease-stricken fellow or drug addict for which others had written off. You’re the glory of God. Christ is your beauty, and your righteousness. As He is, so are you, in this world (1 John 4:17).

This is why it’s so important that you study and meditate on the Word. As you do, you see the reflection of who you are in Christ, and your inheritance in Him: “And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified” (Acts 20:32). The more you look into the mirror of God (His Word), the more faith comes to you, and the more you become what you see in the Word (Romans 10:17). Glory to God!

Prayer. ..
Dear Father, thank you for the revelation of Jesus in the Word. As I look into the Word, I’m transfigured, from glory to glory! I'm so grateful, Lord, that not only is my life the expression of your righteousness, but also the manifestation of your beauty, wisdom, and excellence, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. ;

Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.;

James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 1:1-23, Isaiah 44-45
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 2:1-9, Lamentation 3

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On Oct 08, 2014
Destined For Greatness · Wednesday, October 8th

Pastor Chris

Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him. And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great (Genesis 26:12-13).

Isaac had received an instruction from the Lord, not to leave his country to Egypt because of the famine in his country. Of course, people were migrating to Egypt to seek relief, and Isaac thought to do the same. However, the Lord spoke to him and said, "...dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of: Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father" (Genesis 26:2-3).

Isaac adhered to the Lord’s instruction, and the result is what we see in our opening verses. He grew, waxed great and became very great, so much so that the Philistines envied him in the same land that was ravaged by famine. God destined the man Isaac for greatness, and he would have strayed from that plan had he not harkened to the Lord’s instruction to stay back in Gerar.

Follow the leading of God’s Spirit for your life. Even if you were at crossroads, refuse to be tempted to go in a direction that you know is contrary to what God has shown you or told you. Yield to the Spirit, for He alone knows and has the blueprint for your greatness, prosperity, and success. Your greatness isn’t determined by your geographical location or earthly nativity. It’s by your heavenly citizenship, and the continuous deposit of God’s Word in your spirit.

Greatness is your heritage. No matter where you find yourself: at work, home, in school, etc., have the consciousness that you’re destined for greatness.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your greatness that’s in my spirit. I’m the seed of Abraham; therefore, I manifest greatness. Through your Word, and by the Spirit, my prosperity, success, victory, and greatness are evident, in Jesus’ Name. Amen

Further Study:
Galatians 3:29; And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

2 Peter 3:1-2
1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 1:24-2:1-5 Isaiah 46-47
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 2:10-18 Lamentations 4-5

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:16am On Oct 09, 2014
Don’t Judge Others · Thursday, October 9th

Pastor Chris

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven (Luke 6:37).

As a Christian, one of the features of your recreated human spirit is love, and love doesn’t judge or slander others. Never tell stories that’ll make your hearers dislike those you’re talking about. It’s wrong. When you judge others, God ignores you. You might want to ask, "How do you know?"

One day, Jesus was sitting somewhere and the Jewish leaders and men chased after a woman whom they said was caught in the very act of adultery. So they said to Jesus, "...Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not" (John 8:4-6).

These scribes and Pharisees were ready to stone the woman to death, according to the Law of Moses, and wanted Jesus’ opinion. The Bible says Jesus ignored them and wrote with His finger on the ground, because that’s what God does to judgmental people. Jesus said, "I do what I see my Father do" (John 5:19). So, when He ignored them, He was expressing the Father’s response to judgmental behaviour.

When He eventually raised His head, He said to the woman’s accusers, "Let the one without sin cast the first stone" (John 8:7). But they couldn’t. So, one after the other, they dropped their stones and left, leaving the woman alone with Jesus. Then Jesus said to her, "..hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more" (John 8:10-11); and she was delivered from the mob.

We’re to act like Jesus; He said, "I wouldn’t condemn you, go and sin no more." Jesus recognized her sin; meaning we can recognize when people do something that’s wrong; yet, like Jesus, don’t judge them.

Give a good picture about others; don’t be the one to project them in a bad light. Your role is to propagate love.

Prayer...
 Dear Father, thank you for sending your Son Jesus in the likeness of men, to show us how to live. As He is, so am I in this world, full of love and compassion and knowing what and how to answer every man. My words bless and lift, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
Ecclesiastes 5:2; [KJV] Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

Romans 14:4 [KJV] Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

1 year Bible reading plan: Colossians 2:6-23 Isaiah 48-49
2 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 3:1-11 Ezekiel 1-2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:19am On Oct 10, 2014
Christ: His Victory And Connection With The Church · Friday, October 10th

Pastor Chris

[For I always pray to] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of Him (Ephesians 1:17 AMP).

Aren’t you glad it’s the will of God for you to be granted insights into mysteries and secrets in the full and intimate knowledge of Christ? He wants you to have your spirit flooded with light, so you can understand deep spiritual realities about Christ, His victory, and connection with the Church. If this weren’t possible and important, the Spirit wouldn’t pray thus for the Church through the Apostle Paul.

This prayer in our opening verse and the other prayers of Paul recorded in the Epistles are certainly not the only prayers that Paul ever prayed. However, the Spirit of God specifically picked the ones recorded in Scripture because they were important for the Church; they were the Spirit’s out-breathings for the Church. From the eighteenth verse, the Spirit began to let us know what the mysteries and secrets He wants us to grasp are about: They are about Jesus Christ and His victory; the place He occupies today, and His connection with the Church (read Ephesians 1:18-23). Why does He want this for us so much?

A simple understanding of Ephesians 1:18-23 will help you deal with any and every enemy, and all kinds of challenges you could ever face.

Know that the Christian is a victor in Christ Jesus, born to reign, rule, and dominate circumstances. Acknowledge this about you; know who you are, what you have, your connection with the Lord Jesus Christ, and your place in Him. This will permanently put you over in life.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me insight into the mysteries and secrets of all that you did for me in Christ, with the full understanding of my place in Him, the position of authority I occupy in Him, and my oneness with you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
 1 Corinthians 2:11;
 11  For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Colossians 1:9-10
 9  For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 1Co 1:5 Eph 1:15

10  That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

1 year Bible reading plan: Colossians 3:1-4:1 Isaiah 50-51
2 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 3: 12-19 Ezekiel 3

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:57am On Oct 11, 2014
Agape: Self-giving Love · Saturday, October 11th ·

Pastor Chris

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

There’re two Greek words you’d find most frequently translated "love" in the New Testament. The first is "Agape," and the other is "Phileo." The latter stems from the Greek word "Philadelphia," which means "brotherly love." Brotherly love is that godly affection you have for your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. It’s when you learn to do things for them, and are willing to help, receive, share with and esteem others, being kind and affectionate towards them. The Bible encourages it. Hebrews 13:1 says, "Let brotherly love continue."

For example, if I were sitting on a chair, and you came in, not having a seat, and I said to you, "O, come over here and share mine with me." That’s brotherly kindness. Perhaps it’s food and I decided to share it with you, that’s an expression of brotherly love. "Agape," on the other hand, is different; it’s self-giving love; a sacrificial kind of giving. In this case, I don’t just "share the seat" with you, I offer it to you to sit on. I don’t just share the food with you, I give it all to you. That’s "agape," the love of Christ.

"Agape" is the love that’s been shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit; this means you can truly love everyone selflessly. Ephesians 5:2 says, "...Walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour." The love being referred to here is "agape"; the same self-giving love that God exhibited towards a world of sinners, even though they didn’t deserve it. You’re required to love others the same way, if you must be filled with all the fullness of God.

Someone might say, "Well, that sounds too difficult!" Not when you’re born again and have the Holy Spirit. Love (agape) is a product of your recreated human spirit. You were born to love. Stir up the Godnature of love in you continually.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for your unconditional, self-giving love that you’ve poured into my heart by your Spirit. I’m compelled by the love of Christ to bless and uplift those I meet today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 3:16;
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

Romans 5:6-8
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1 year Bible reading plan: Colossians 4:2-18 Isaiah 52-53
2 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 4:1-16 Ezekiel 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Oct 12, 2014
The Power Of The Smallest Assembly · Sunday, October 12th

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven (Matthew 18:19).

The Lord Jesus here reveals that even the smallest assembly of God’s people, comprising only of two or three believers, can effect supernatural changes and do the impossible through the prayer of agreement. Is there a change you want to effect in your life, family, job or in your city? Is there something happening that you don’t like? Or is there something you want to happen or prevent from happening? Call up two or three other believers; explain the issues and pray in agreement for a change.

Don’t just say, "Agree with me…," and start talking and praying; explain the issues, so they can agree with you from their hearts. There has to be a "heart-agreement," not a "head-agreement." That’s the reason you’d need to outline and clarify what you want, so they can catch the vision with you and pray in agreement. Having done that, stand your ground and declare, "In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, we stand against such-and-such, and we want it changed!" And it shall be so!

When I need to pray about certain things with some leaders in our ministry, I don’t just call them and say, "Gentlemen, let’s pray about so-and-so"; no! I’ll first explain the issues to them, and before I’m through, they’re already "charged"; everybody wants something done immediately, and then we start the prayer. It’s not enough to have people pray for you or with you; there has to be an agreement.

The Master has given the Word: "...If two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 18:19). So, don’t wait anymore. Put this to work. Take advantage of the power of the prayer of agreement; use it to change your life and that of others. Use it to change your city, nation, and environment for the glory of God.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the power of the prayer of agreement, with which we can effect changes in any situation, as we desire. I set myself in agreement with as many as are desirous of a definite miracle and divine intervention in their situation. I join my faith with them to ask for a miracle today, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 
Amos 3:3; [KJV] Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Matthew 18:20 [KJV] For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

1 year Bible reading plan: 1 Thessalonians 1-2:1-16 Isaiah 54-56
2 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 5:1-14 Ezekiel 5-6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:14am On Oct 13, 2014
Sustain The Programming Of Good In You · Monday, October 13th

Pastor Chris

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man (Colossians 4:6).

Our opening verse underscores the value and importance of graceful and edifying communication. You’re to use your tongue correctly. Say the right things about others. Don’t speak hurtful words to, or about other people.

When you speak hurtful words to other people and about other people, you actually destroy the programming of good in you. The reason is, God placed us in the earth to build and help other people; to be in His place, and be the expression of His righteousness, goodness and grace to other people. Therefore, when we choose to hurt others, we taint the programming of good and the righteousness of God in us; then, our lives go in the wrong direction and we wonder why things aren’t going the way they ought to.

Once in the Bible, Aaron and Miriam, Moses’ sister, spoke against Moses: "And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman. And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it" (Numbers 12:1-2). God wasn’t pleased with what they did (Numbers 12:6-9). The result was that Miriam became leprous for her judgmental communication against Moses.

You should be mindful of the words you speak and how you say them, especially about God’s servants. Being born again, you have the wisdom of God resident in your spirit, to guide you to speak right, in line with God’s perfect will always.

Prayer...
Dear Father, your wisdom is stirred in me today; it’s in my heart and in my words! Through the words you inspire in me to speak, lives will be transformed and improved, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
1 Corinthians 2:16; [KJV] For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

1 Peter 3:10 MSG Whoever wants to embrace life and see the day fill up with good, Here's what you do:
Say nothing evil or hurtful;
Snub evil and cultivate good;
run after peace for all you're worth.

1 year Bible reading plan: 1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:1-13 Isaiah 57-58
2 year Bible reading plan : Hebrews 6:1-10 Ezekiel 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:08am On Oct 14, 2014
Honour And Greatness Are From The Lord ·

Pastor Chris

Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all (1 Chronicles 29:12).

David made the statement in our opening verse in the final days of his life, when he was old. He was talking to God in prayer and said, "O God, both riches and honour come from you…." We observe from this prayer where riches and honour come from; they come from God.

David was a man of honour. Samuel the prophet had anointed him, and he knew he was going to be king of Israel. He began to learn about the anointing of God’s Spirit, and about the king’s office. He studied these things and showed himself approved to God on many occasions when he was tested (2 Timothy 2:15).

One of such occasions was when King Saul tried to kill him and went after him with three thousand soldiers. The opportunity came for David to attack Saul, but he wouldn’t, because he knew if He did, he wouldn’t only be dishonouring Saul, but the anointing as well, for Saul was anointed of God. Even when he cut just a little piece of King Saul’s garment to prove to him that he got close enough to have harmed him, he repented and asked God to forgive him (1 Samuel 24:5). Here was a man who was hunting him and wanted him dead, yet David chose to honour him because he was a man of honour and he knew where honour came from. He knew the king couldn’t make him great; only God could.

In Psalms 75:6-7, David also said, "For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge…." No man, job, or natural opportunity can make you great; it’s in the hand of God alone to make great. You’re a man or woman of honour. Therefore, learn to walk in honour, because you were born into it. It’s your life; it’s where you live, and it’s what you must give.

Confession...
Dear Lord, I’m grateful for the destiny of greatness I have in you. I was born into greatness and honour, and I give honour to others, recognizing that they’re the objects of your love. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 3:16; Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.

Psalms 71:21 Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.

1 year Bible reading plan: 1 Thessalonians 4:1-18 Isaiah 59-60
2 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 6:11-20 Ezekiel 8-9

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:26am On Oct 15, 2014
The Dimensions Of Love · Wednesday, October 15th

Pastor Chris

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God (Ephesians 3:17-19).

Our opening verses show us four dimensions of God’s love: the breadth, length, depth, and height of His love. How far can your love go? Can it pursue the worst of sinners? Can it go after the worst failures? Can it be stretched limitlessly?

Once, Peter asked Jesus, "...Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?" The Master’s response was so inspiring; He said, "…I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven" (Matthew 18:22). This equals four hundred and ninety times a day. Imagine that someone offends you that number of times in one day, the Master says, "Forgive."

The Apostle Paul gave a touching testimony in 1 Timothy 1:13-14. He said, I was a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious, but I obtained mercy of the Lord. His love reached out to me and rescued me from the path of destruction. How far can your love go? How much can you forgive?

Love never gives up. It’s not easily provoked, neither does it take into account the offences of others. It forgives as many times as it’s provoked. It knows no limits. No wonder Paul had to pray that God’s people would comprehend the boundless, immeasurable, intimately infinite and unconditional love of God. That revelation will change you forever, and give you extraordinary boldness and confidence in life.

Confession...
Christ dwells in my heart by faith; I’m rooted and grounded in love, and able to comprehend the boundless, immeasurable, intimately i n f i n i t e , and unconditional love of God. Thus, I’m filled with all the fulness of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 13:1-13
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1 year Bible reading plan: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-28 Isaiah 61-63
2 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 7:1-10 Ezekiel 10-11

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:27am On Oct 16, 2014
Overflowing Of Grace · Thursday, October 16th

Pastor Chris

For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

Some people quote Romans 5:17 and say, "they which receive the abundance of grace." A few Bible translations render it that way too; they introduce the definite article "the" into it, and it’s not supposed to be so. The correct rendering is, "…they which receive abundance of grace…." There’s a difference between the two.

abundance of grace," it refers to an overflowing thereof. It’s up to you how much grace you want to take. That’s why it doesn’t say, "the abundance of grace." Some have taken more grace than others, and as the Bible says, "…he giveth more grace…" (James 4:6). God’s responsibility is to distribute more grace, while ours is to take a hold of it!

The next part of the opening verse says, "…and the gift of righteousness…." The definite article is used because it’s the same gift of righteousness for everyone. We all received the same gift of righteousness, and no one is more righteous than the other: "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference" (Romans 3:22).

Accordingly, they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign as kings in life! How will you know they’re reigning? You’ll hear them declare words of power! "Where the word of a king is, there is power…" (Ecclesiastes 8:4). If they felt pain in their bodies, instead of crying, they’d declare, "Get out in the Name of Jesus!" They rule over pain, disease, infirmity, demons and circumstances. Halleluiah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the much grace I’ve received and the gift of righteousness. I relish this supernatural grace that you’ve lavishly bestowed upon me to excel, prosper, succeed, and make progress. Therefore, your divine blessings and promotions are evident in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 4:7; But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

2 timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

1 year Bible reading plan: 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12 Isaiah 64-66
2 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 7:11-28 Ezekiel 12-13

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Oyinprince(m): 7:23am On Oct 16, 2014
I just noticed Nigeria's copy is different from the World wide copy
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:52am On Oct 16, 2014
Oyinprince:
I just noticed Nigeria's copy is different from the World wide copy

Exactly bro!

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Oct 17, 2014
"A Wiser Than Solomon…" · Friday, October 17th

Pastor Chris

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption… (1 Corinthians 1:30).

Solomon’s extraordinary amplitude and sagacity of mind inspired many in his day, and left them in awe. He was celebrated as the wisest man that ever lived, until Jesus. The Bible says all Israel revered and admired Solomon because of the manifestation of the wisdom of God in his life: "And all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had judged; and they feared the king: for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him, to do judgment" (1 Kings 3:28).

Now, how did Solomon get his wisdom? God gave it to him; and He did it through words. He said to Solomon, "...I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart..." (1 Kings 3:12); that was all. He didn’t try to "fix" anything into Solomon’s head to make him wise; He didn’t even touch him. He only spoke words, and Solomon believed and began to manifest wisdom.

However, when Jesus came, He said, "A greater than Solomon is here," referring to Himself (Matthew 12:42, Luke 11:31). This Jesus, the Bible says, has been made unto us wisdom from God; meaning that Christ is your wisdom. This makes you also, "a greater than Solomon." You have "phronesis" (Greek), which is the wisdom of the just; practical wisdom; a fixed mental attitude or programming of the mind to reason, respond, interpret situations, and behave in a certain way, usually, the most excellent way!

Christ is your wisdom. This makes you also, "a greater than Solomon." You have "phronesis" (Greek), which is the wisdom of the just; practical wisdom; a fixed mental attitude or programming of the mind to reason, respond, interpret situations, and behave in a certain way, usually, the most excellent way!

Confession...
 Christ is my excellent wisdom. I have an excellent mind; everything I do turns out right, because I live in the will of God, guided, guarded, and propelled by wisdom. Halleluiah!

Further Study: 
1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

Colossians 1:27  To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1 year Bible reading plan: 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 Jeremiah 1-2
2 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 8:1-13 Ezekiel 14-15

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:14am On Oct 18, 2014
Manage Your Mind To Produce Excellence · Saturday, October 18th

Pastor Chris

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Romans 12:1-2).

Did you know that you can manage your mind? That’s what renewing the mind is about. You can get into your mind and decipher what files need to be "deleted," and what files need to be "downloaded" and installed, as it were. You can determine what changes to make in the structure of your thinking; that’s mind management; it’s the primary principle for increasing your value, multiplying your success and upgrading your state.

Where you are today is a function of your mind. Your personality is the expression of your mind, and as a Christian, you must learn to manage your mind. If you don’t manage your mind, it’ll keep giving you what it already has stored up, good or bad. Sometimes people ask, "What more can I do? I’ve tried hard about this; I’ve prayed and fasted; I’ve done this and that, and I still haven’t had much success." Manage your mind.

Our opening scripture says, "…be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." That means you have the responsibility to transform your life from glory to glory; you have the responsibility to manage your mind to produce excellence. God expects this of you; He instructs you to do it because He has put the ability within you for that purpose. Your life: How you live, what you do, the character of your words, the totality of your personality, is the expression of your mind.

What changes do you want to make? What more would you like to add to, or take out of, your life? You can achieve these by renewing your mind with the Word, synchronizing your thoughts with the Spirit of God. The Bible says as a man thinks in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). You’re the character of your thoughts; therefore, manage your mind to produce excellence.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the ability given to me to manage my mind. I renew my mind with your Word daily, to become all you’ve destined me to be, and fulfil your perfect will. I bring forth excellence from my spirit today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
1 Corinthians 2:16; For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ

Philippians 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

1 year Bible reading plan: 2 Thessalonians 3:1-18 Jeremiah 3-4
2 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 9:1-10 Ezekiel 16

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:02am On Oct 19, 2014
Cultivate An Excellent Character · Sunday, October 19th

Pastor Chris

Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power: Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel; because thou wentest up to thy father’s bed; then defiledst thou it: he went up to my couch (Genesis 49:3-4).

It’s possible for someone to have so much ability or be gifted with a certain skill, yet when such a skill is required, that individual isn’t chosen, because he or she doesn’t have the right character. If you’d build your mind and develop the right mental structures, sooner or later, you’ll see the manifestations in your personality. "Mental structure" in this context, doesn’t mean imaginations and reasoning; rather, it means attitudes that you’ve cultivated over time that control your actions.

For instance, someone may have a great voice but he’s unable to make good music. Not because his voice isn’t fantastic, but because he’s not trained and disciplined to make the most of his gift. We read about Reuben in our opening scripture. Reuben’s character and ability collided. He was the beginning of Jacob’s strength, the excellence of his wisdom. That means Jacob invested so much in him, but he was unstable as water; therefore, he wasn’t going to excel.

The Hebrew word for "unstable" is "Pachaz," which also means frothiness, to be unrestrained and undisciplined. Reuben was undependable as foamy water. He had the ability to be someone influential and prosperous, but his character wouldn’t let him excel.

The ability to take on more assignments because of your performance is an excellent character. That means, you’re dependable and when there’s an innovation to be actualized, you readily come to mind. But there’re those who are never thought of, to handle responsibilities, because they aren’t dependable.

Become the best of you by cultivating the right character. Inside you are hidden treasures; you came into this world with a unique personality. There’s something you possess that nobody else in the whole world has; hence it’s important to find your place, and be the best of that peculiar you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the investment of your Word in me, and the training that I receive through the Spirit, which has helped me form an excellent character. I recognize and take advantage of your grace in me to do more, and attain higher heights of greatness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
 Psalms 119:9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Daniel 6:3 3  Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the King thought to set him over the whole realm.

Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

1 year Bible reading plan: 1 Timothy 1:1-20 Jeremiah 5-6
2 year Bible reading plan : Hebrews 9:11-28 Ezekiel 17

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:13am On Oct 20, 2014
Believe In What He Has Made You · Monday, October 20th

Pastor Chris

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light (1 Peter 2:9).

Observe our profound description in the verse we just read: we’re chosen, royal and peculiar; chosen to be the expression of God’s righteousness, and the manifestation of His glory in the earth. We’re God’s best, and there’s so much He has deposited within our spirits to bless the world with.

In Genesis 12:2, He said to Abram, "…I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing." You’re the seed of Abraham, because the Bible says in Galatians 3:29 that "…if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed...." Therefore, not only are you blessed, you’re also a blessing. You carry the blessing with you. Everything you touch is blessed, as well as all those who are connected with you.

Contemplate for a moment on your peculiar attributes and heritage in Christ! The Bible says you’re God’s workmanship (Ephesians 2:10), His handiwork— crafted for excellence. You’ve been thoroughly furnished with everything you need to live victoriously and be an extraordinary success. So don’t try to be somebody else. Become satisfied with who you are, and with the fact that God loves you, and He’s happy to have you.

Furthermore, keep sowing the right seeds—the right words—into your personality; listen to, and endorse only words that inspire you, and build your confidence on who you are in Christ. God is confident and convinced about what He has made. He knows your true worth and your abilities. He knows that nothing is impossible with you. He has placed you over and above sickness, disease, poverty, failure, death and the devil. He has made you indestructible, for He has said no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper (Isaiah 54:17).

Believe these truths and live accordingly, so you can effectively live your best, and be all that God has destined you to be.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for making me special; I’m glad to know how unique I am, and all that you’ve made me in Christ Jesus. I yield myself to you, to accomplish your purpose and perfect will for my life, to your glory and praise, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
Ephesians 2:10 AMP
10 For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

2 Corinthians 5:21 [KJV] For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 year Bible reading plan: 1 timothy 2:1-15 Jeremiah 7-8
2 year Bible reading plan : Hebrews 10:1-18 Ezekiel 18-19

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:03am On Oct 21, 2014
We Serve God From Our Spirit · Tuesday, October 21st

Pastor Chris

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).

The Bible teaches that man is a spirit; he has a soul and lives in a body. With his spirit, he relates with the spirit-realm, the realm of his actual existence. With his body, he makes contact with the material world, and with his soul he contacts the intellectual realm.

Many people have never understood the difference between the mind and the spirit; they think the mind is the spirit, but they’re not the same. When you were born again, it wasn’t your body or your mind that was born again; it was your spirit. The Bibles says, "...if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation" (2 Corinthians 5:17) it’s your spirit that’s in Christ; that’s the real you; that’s the man that relates with God.

The Lord Jesus said God is a Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth. This simply means worshipping God from the heart according to the Word which is truth. We understand the things of God from our spirit. Romans 10:10 says "…with the heart (i.e spirit) man believeth unto righteousness…."

Then based on that relationship, we condition our minds to go in the same direction, and condition our senses to function likewise. So, you’re to control your mind and your senses from your spirit. That means, the character that you express outwardly depends on the condition of your spirit which is your heart.

That’s why we need the Spirit of God to guide us, because only the Holy Spirit can get deep into the human heart to effect the changes that God wants in us: changes from one level of glory to another. The Spirit of God guides our minds to think towards God, think like God, and to think from God. Man can’t do that by himself; it takes the Holy Spirit to help us do that, because our senses were not designed to relate with God; we serve God from our spirit.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the power of your mighty presence in my life. My heart and my mind are open to your Word, and I’m yielded to your Spirit to be guided and positioned for excellence and greatness, as I serve you with my spirit in the Gospel of Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 1:9; For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

1 year Bible reading plan: 1 Timothy 3:1-16 Jeremiah 9-10
2 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 10:19-39 Ezekiel 20

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 232
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.