Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,344 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250418 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Oyinprince(m): 7:03am On Oct 21, 2014
Rhapsody of Realities (Nigeria's copy)
Salvation Is All-encompassing.

Tuesday, October 21st .
Pastor Chris

…if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Romans 10:9).

Receiving salvation is so simple, yet some people misunderstand it. The principle of salvation is that anyone who confesses the Lordship of Jesus, and believes that God raised Him from the dead, shall be saved. It’s that simple. However, what you receive upon making that simple confession is all-encompassing. The word “saved” derives from the Greek word “sozo,” which means to save, deliver, protect, heal, preserve, make whole, etc. It capsulizes all that the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ have consummated for mankind.

God gave His Son Jesus, who died in our place and paid the price for our salvation. As a result, prosperity, health and healing, spiritual wholeness, favour and untold blessings become the present-hour possessions of the one who makes Him the Lord of his life. Once you believe in Jesus Christ and confess His Lordship over your life, you immediately receive eternal life. The Bible says, “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life…” (John 3:36). So, it wasn’t “a religion” you got when you came into Christ; you received eternal life: the God-life. That’s true Christianity.

True Christianity means that an eternal God has taken up His abode in the quarters of a man’s spirit; you become a God-carrying vessel. No wonder the Bible says, “...Ye are God’s temple” (2 Corinthians 6:16, TLB). So when we talk about receiving salvation, it means receiving the life of God; becoming His living tabernacle. Share this good news with those you meet today; tell them they don’t have to try to atone for their sins or impress God with their works. All they need, to experience salvation, is to acknowledge and confess the Lordship of Jesus. If you’re not born again, you can receive this life of God into you by praying thus: “O Lord God, I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord of my life, and believe in my heart that you raised Him from the dead for my justification. Therefore, in accordance with your Word, I receive eternal life into my spirit, declaring that I’m a child of God now.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me the grace to receive and believe the Gospel of Christ, which is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes. Now, I’m a sharer and participator in the divine experience; thank you for this great blessing in Jesus’ Name . Amen.

Further Study
1 Corinthians1:18(KJV)
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Romans 1:16-17(KJV)
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan
1 Timothy 3:1-16
Jeremiah 9-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
Hebrews 10:19-39
Ezekiel 20

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Oyinprince(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2014
Got dat from a Whatsapp group.
Shoulda taken permission before I posted, hope I didn't go against any law
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:01am On Oct 21, 2014
Oyinprince:
Got dat from a Whatsapp group.
Shoulda taken permission before I posted, hope I didn't go against any law

No qualms bro! wink
Thanks
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by suckcybay: 10:11am On Oct 21, 2014
Thank you Very much for the Rhapsody. Please can the Rhapsody be sent early, like from 6:30am. Thanks
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
suckcybay:
Thank you Very much for the Rhapsody. Please can the Rhapsody be sent early, like from 6:30am. Thanks

yeah...check through the thread...the average time is surely before 6:30am
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by suckcybay: 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
OK. thank you.

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:16am On Oct 22, 2014
"In All These Things…" · Wednesday, October 22nd

Pastor Chris

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us (Romans 8:35-37).

Your road to success could have trials and challenges: from inflation to economic recession, health issues, unemployment, etc. The good news, however, is that it doesn’t matter the challenges you face or the situation in your country; the Word says, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Christ. This should give you comfort, peace and joy.

Knowing we would encounter challenges in this world, the Lord Jesus assured us of victory when He said in John 16:33: "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulations: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." Distressing situations come from the enemy—the devil—but God already made you an overcomer: "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4). You’ve been lifted over and above the depravities and corrupting influences of this world.

Recall our opening verse again; it states clearly that neither tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, unclothedness, peril, nor sword can separate us from the love of God, because in spite of them all, we are more than conquerors. Now, if this means that no matter what you face in this world, you’d conquer, that would have been wonderful. But it means much more than that. It means you’ve gone past conquering, because you conquered a long time ago—in Christ! You’re now living in the victory of Christ! That means there’s nothing to struggle with or try to overcome anymore, because you’ve already won.

Don’t allow the circumstances of life or the economic situation in your country make you a victim. You were born into the victorious life when you were born again. Therefore, say like the Apostle Paul, "None of these things move me..." (Acts 20:24).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the victorious life that I have in Christ! The greater One lives in me; therefore, I live in triumph over circumstances, in total fulfilment, joy, glory and dominion! I reign and rule by your Word, irrespective of what I feel, see, or hear, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
James 1:2-3;
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

Psalms 126:1-2
1 When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
2 Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 timothy 4:1-16 Jeremiah 11-12
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 11:1-16 Ezekiel 21

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On Oct 23, 2014
What To Do In Austere Times · Thursday, October 23rd

Pastor Chris

When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up… (Job 22:29).

The challenges of our day may be enormous, but amidst so much inflation, rising cost of living, you can still say, "When men are cast down, I am lifted up." When you begin to feel the pressure and the economic squeeze, don’t complain; that’s the time to make the Word work. Get into your closet and begin to declare your prosperity and abundance in Christ. Proclaim that you’re the seed of Abraham; an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ.

When you have sufficiently proclaimed the Word over your situation, those confessions will dominate your senses, such that when you’re asked, "How are you?" you’ll say, "Great things are happening! Good things are coming my way today!" Halleluiah. If you don’t talk the Word, the system of this world will overwhelm you, and you’ll be a victim in life. With the Word in your mouth, you’ll blaze through every barrier in life.

An important principle you need to learn that’ll help you grow bigger financially is letting your mind soar beyond the prevailing economic situation around you. Think how big God is. Think about the whole world as yours, for it’s indeed yours: "...For all things are yours" (1 Corinthians 3:21). Learn the value of meditating on the Word of God; it’ll give you an extraordinary mind-set, such that you’re unperturbed in austere times.

Let the Word of God enlarge your vision. Refuse to see lack and want. Look beyond the horizon. Your prosperity should be born of the Word in spite of circumstances. Isaac prospered in the midst of harsh economic conditions. In a time of famine, the Bible says he prospered, waxed great, made progress, and grew until he became very great (Genesis 26). There’s so much treasure in your country; and like Isaac, amidst the seeming hardship, you can prosper, wax great, make progress and grow, and become very great.

Confession...
I’m making progress, prospering and waxing great in every area of my life! The greater One lives in me, and He’s made me bigger, greater, and superior to inflation, insecurity, sickness, disease, and the devil. I’m a victor in Christ Jesus. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Joshua 1:9; Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Ephesians 6:10; Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Job 22:29 When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 5:1-25 Jeremiah 13-14
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 11:17-40 Ezekiel 22

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by suckcybay: 8:48am On Oct 23, 2014
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:34am On Oct 24, 2014
Let Your Faith Prevail · Friday, October 24th

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith (1 John 5:4).

There’s so much negative information in the world today, and this has instilled fear in the hearts of those who aren’t rooted and grounded in the Word. The Lord Jesus referred to this in Luke 21:25-26 when He described some of the signs of the end of the age. He said, "…there shall be …distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth…." In Luke 18:8, He asked a thought-provoking question, "…when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"

You’re to stand your ground in faith, irrespective of the challenges and hardships in the world. Refuse to give up or give in to the pressures of life. The Word says in Ephesians 6:13-16, "…having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked."

With your shield of faith, you have the inherent ability to completely neutralize all (not some) of the fiery darts of the enemy. When he throws the dart of fear at you, declare, "I refuse to fear, because the greater One lives in me!" If it’s the dart of sickness, say, "I refuse to be sick; my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit!"You can train your faith to accomplish anything.

In the area of your finances for instance, you can watch yourself grow from one level to another. Imagine if in acting your faith, you said you would receive a certain sum of money within a week, but you ended up receiving it after one month; don’t feel bad. Instead, say, "I’ll get it right next time." Then give more attention to studying and meditating on the Word, and act your faith at every opportunity. That’s how you train your faith to grow and accomplish bigger things.

This isn’t only applicable to your finances, but to every area of life. You can train your faith with the Word to prevail against all odds and adversities of life.

Prayer...
 Dear Lord, thank you for my faith is the victory that overcomes the world. As I demonstrate my faith today, circumstances bow to me; obstacles are eliminated, and I walk in supernatural success and prosperity. I exercise dominion over sickness, poverty, disease, failure, and the elements of this world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
1 John 5:4; For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Proverbs 18:21; Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

1 year Bible reading plan: 1 timothy 6:1-21 Jeremiah 15-16
2 year Bible reading plan : Hebrews 12:1-13 Ezekiel 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:30am On Oct 25, 2014
Be Diligent · Saturday, October 25th

Pastor Chris

Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men (Proverbs 22:29).

Diligence is the ability to exercise carefulness, persistence, and determination in ensuring excellence in any endeavour. It is giving the degree of care that’s required in a given situation. You’re diligent when you employ commitment and perseverance in transforming vision into reality. Those are two key elements of diligence: commitment and perseverance. The Lord expects this of us in carrying out all that He instructs us to do.

A diligent person puts his very best into what he or she does, and pays attention to details to achieve perfection. When you’re diligent, God promotes you and brings you to the place of influence and authority. That’s what we read in our opening verse: you’ll stand before kings and not ordinary men.

Consider David: his diligence and faith in tending his father’s "few sheep" (1 Samuel 17:28) eventually gave him the required training and experience, paving the way for him to defeat Goliath of Gath, and be the champion for Israel.

Read about him in 1 Samuel 17, and you’d realize how diligent he was in taking care of his father’s sheep. When his father sent him to the battlefront to enquire how his brothers were faring, the Bible tells us specifically that David left the sheep with a keeper (1 Samuel 17:20). He didn’t say, "Well, it’s only a short distance; I’ll be back in no time" and ran off; no. He got someone to tend the sheep while he was away; that’s being diligent. No wonder he was chosen of God to be king over Israel.

If you study the lives of successful men and women all around the world, no matter in which field, you’ll discover one common factor in their lives—diligence. It’s one vital ingredient for success that you must practise, both in your personal life, and in spiritual things also. Be diligent in prayer, study of the Word, and fellowship with the Holy Spirit. These will enrich you spiritually; you’ll become successful in your spirit, where true success really resides.

Confession...
 I’m diligent! I exercise carefulness, persistence and determination in ensuring excellence in everything I do! I pay attention to details, and employ commitment and perseverance in transforming vision into reality. I’m a good steward of Christ; faithful to His Word, and faithful to the fellowship with the Spirit! Halleluiah!

Further Study: 
Proverbs 10:4; [KJV] He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.

2 Corinthians 8:7 [KJV] Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.

1 year Bible reading plan: Jeremiah 17-18 2 timothy 1:1-18
2 year Bible reading plan : Hebrews 12:14-29 Ezekiel 24

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:03am On Oct 26, 2014
The Holy Spirit In You · Sunday, October 26th

Pastor Chris

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works (John 14:10).

The Lord Jesus, in the days of His earthly ministry, walked in close fellowship with the Holy Spirit. He did nothing without the Holy Spirit. In the verse above, He identifies the Holy Spirit as the Father that dwells in Him. In John 5:19, He said, "… The Son can do nothing by himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." He acknowledged the Holy Spirit as the Father in Him, and the doer of the work. That’s a fact you must recognize in your life as a Christian.

The Holy Spirit in you is your key to extraordinary and absolute success. None of those who walked with Him as revealed in the Scriptures was ever defeated; none was a failure. Everyone who received Him gained the mastery, and became the champion. Many in the Church today need to know for sure who the Holy Spirit is, and His ministry in their lives. He is Himself God. He’s the active power of the Godhead. To have Him in you is to be made for life.Having received the Holy Spirit to live in you, be in constant fellowship with Him. Listen to Him and act on His Word. Recognize that He’s a person, and He lives inside you, mingled with your spirit. If there’s anything I know, it’s my fellowship with the Holy Spirit; that’s where my confidence is. When I fellowship with Him, my limitations are removed; I’m conscious that He has made me a victor and a winner for life.

In walking in fellowship with the Holy Spirit, you must realize that He knows and understands you more than you know yourself. He knows how to handle you. There’s nothing about you that’s strange to Him. He’s more passionate about your success than you could ever be. Just be yielded and obedient to Him in all that He leads and guides you in, and your life will be such an inspiring example of the work of Grace.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for bringing me into such great union and fellowship with the Spirit. I walk in your perfect will today, and in my glorious inheritance in Christ, because I’m guided by the Holy Spirit; His wisdom is expressed through me today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
1 Corinthians 6:17; [KJV] But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Romans 8:14; [KJV] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:9 [KJV] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 year Bible reading plan: Jeremiah 19-22 2 timothy 2:1-26
2 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 13:1-25 Ezekiel 25-26

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:12am On Oct 27, 2014
Guard your heart - Monday, October 27th

Pastor Chris.

Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life (Proverbs 4:23).

Everything God has planned concerning your life, everything you’d ever become, is in your heart. That’s why He wants you to guard your heart with all diligence. That means you should carefully and conscientiously watch and guard what goes into your heart.

Think about an orange seed; that seed carries all the potentials of an orange tree. When you place it in the right environment, it’ll produce roots, stem, branches, leaves, and finally several orange fruits, with many more seeds in them. Such extraordinary potentials are programmed into a little seed.

Now, God tells you to diligently guard your heart because there’re things that can come into your heart to change or destroy His programming of good and excellence in you. On the other hand, there’re things that can come into your heart to enable, enhance, and sustain all the glorious things He’s already programmed into your life. God’s purpose in your life is programmed into your heart. Everything you’d ever be, everywhere you’d ever go, everything you’d ever do to please God in your life, have all been programmed into your heart—your spirit—and He has given you the responsibility to do all that’s necessary to keep your heart that way.

Since He’s specific as to where you’re to mount the guard, your heart, it therefore means the problems can come through thoughts. They can come through the senses and travel through your thoughts, because the mind is the doorway to the spirit. Consequently, any information that’s going to come through your mind, must be scanned and filtered. If you allow the wrong information into your heart, you'll live a different life from that which God has planned for you. This is how people go into crime, live terrible lives, and then try to blame others for their misfortune. You’re the constructor of your life.

God's programming in you is revealed by His Word. His Word in you will change and destroy any contrary information, and prevent them from taking root in your heart. So, tend your heart; take charge of it with God’s Word! Refuse to accept thoughts and imaginations that are inconsistent with the nature, will and purpose of God.

Prayer. ..
Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. I’m led and guided by your Word in all things and at all times. God has programmed my spirit for excellence and greatness, and as I stay on His Word, my life is regulated accordingly, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Psalms 119:105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 3:1-17, Jeremiah 23-25
2- Year Bible Reading Plan: James 1:1-27, Ezekiel 27

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Oyinprince(m): 7:38am On Oct 28, 2014
Rhapsody Of Realities(Nigeria's Copy)
Make Good Things Happen For Others

Tuesday, October 28th
Pastor Chris

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work
(2 Corinthians 9:cool

In life, you must sow good to reap the same. God will make happen for you the good things you make happen for others. Some people don't realize this; as a result, they're not passionate about making good things happen for others. If you've always had people give to you, and you've never been challenged to give to others, you're on the wrong path. God created each one of us to be a blessing to our world. The Lord Jesus said it is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20:35).

If each of us will do a little, we can all do a lot. I encourage you to think about doing more for the needy around you; be a blessing to others and you'll be blessed also. You may never discover the treasure God has placed in you until you reach out to give someone's life a meaning. The Bible says, "The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself" (Proverbs 11:25).

There's so much you can do to improve the lives of those in your environment, city, region or country. For example, since the inception of the ReachOut Campaign in Nigeria, you may have been receiving this devotional free; that's because some others paid for the copies distributed. What you should now do is to decide to make the same happen for others by getting more copies of Rhapsody of Realities for them too. Through you, others can also experience the blessing of God's Word and have their lives improved.

There're many orphans, widows, indigent children, and other needy people that could benefit from your prosperity. Keep looking out for opportunities to be a blessing to others, and the Spirit of God, apart from helping you increase your capacity to give more,will multiply your seeds sown,and increase the fruits of your righteousness

CONFESSION

God has anointed me to be a helper and a deliverer, and to bring hope and comfort to many, through the Gospel of His power. As I make good things happen for others, doors of blessings are opened to me, and my capacity is increased to do even more by the power of God's Spirit, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study: Psalms 112:1-6 Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.2 His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. 3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. 4 Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. 5 A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion.
Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.

Acts 20:35:I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 4:1-22,
Jeremiah 26-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: James 2:1-26,
Ezekiel 28
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Oyinprince(m): 7:50am On Oct 28, 2014
His Will And Purpose Are Expressed In His Word .

Tuesday, October 28th .
Pastor Chris

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children (Hosea 4:6).

The will, nature, and purpose of God are revealed in His Word. To neglect the Word is to be in the dark about the will of the Father, and how He wants you to live. This is one reason you must know the Word for yourself. He said, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge”: the knowledge of God’s Word. So you see, God’s people can fail in life, if they’re ignorant; not because the Word is void of power. Jesus said in Mark 7:13, You have made the Word of God of non-effect by your traditions.

People who live by the traditions and wisdom of men make the Word of non-effect in their own lives; they short-circuit the power of the Word of God, making it unproductive for them. God’s Word always has power, but it loses its effectiveness in the life of the one who tries to rationalize it with human information or sense knowledge.

Let the Word be your standard, and “check system” in upgrading your life from glory to glory. You need this to become the man or woman God destined you to be. Some people have been Christians for years but don’t have information about God’s plan and purpose for their lives. They’re not sure what the will of God is concerning anything. God’s Word is His will expressed; which is why you must invest time to study and meditate on the Word, to know your inheritance in Christ.

As you get to know your heritage in Him, you also learn to take possession of what the Word of God says belong to you. Furthermore, you're also able to understand the purpose for your inheritance in Him, the reason He has blessed you so much, and how to use the blessing rightly.

CONFESSION

Thank you Lord for granting me to be filled with the knowledge of your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. Thus, I’m able to discern and walk in your perfect will at all times. My life is the fulfilment of the destiny that you've ordained for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 2 Peter 1:5-10 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. 10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 4:1-22,
Jeremiah 26-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: James 2:1-26,
Ezekiel 28

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:00am On Oct 29, 2014
Use The Word To Deal With Anger · Wednesday, October 29th

Pastor Chris

Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath (Ephesians 4:26).

One of the beauties of God’s Word is its practicability. You can practise the Word in any area of your life, and it’ll produce lasting results. For example, our opening verse that we just read: this should be something you practise consciously. Some people are not easy to be entreated when they’re angry; they cast off all restraints and even hold the grudge for a long time. Don’t be that way; use the Word to deal with anger.

Not allowing the sun to go down upon your wrath means if you’re angry about something, you deal with it right away, that same day. Never find yourself still angry about the same thing for a protracted period. The Bible says anger dwells in the bosom of fools (Ecclesiastes 7:9) and you’re not a fool.

Unrestrained anger is a satanic manipulation you must not give room for in your life. People who pander to such anger give opportunity for the demon of anger to take a hold of their minds. In walking with the Lord, one of the things He seeks to accomplish is to have His love fully expressed through you, such that you’re meek, kind and not easily provoked. Nobody with a bad temper ever succeeds permanently in life.

Remember Moses, God testified of him to be the meekest man on the face of the earth (Numbers 12:3). Nevertheless, when Moses yielded to anger, it cost him his ministry.

God had told him to speak to the rock to bring out water for the children of Israel (Numbers 20:cool, but because he was angry at the stubbornness of the Israelites, Moses struck the rock twice. Water still came out, however, but God wasn’t pleased (Numbers 20:11). He then said to Moses, "For this reason you will not take the children of Israel into the Promised Land" (Numbers 20:12). Moses was "fired" because of his anger.

Offences will come, according to the Bible; people will do things that may hurt or offend you, but never allow anger provoke and make you react in a way that you’ll regret. Stay in the Word and walk in love.

Confession...
The wisdom of God guides me to talk and live right always; manifesting the righteousness of Christ! I have a meek and quiet spirit, which in the sight of God is of great price. I’m patient, compassionate and kind; and I demonstrate the love of God to my world today. Amen.

Further Study:
Luke 5:5; And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.

acts 20:32; And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Proverbs 19:11 The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:: Jeremiah 29-30 Titus 1-2
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:: James 3:1-18 Ezekiel 29

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:26am On Oct 30, 2014
There’s A Purpose For Your Life · Thursday, October 30th

Pastor Chris

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them (Ephesians 2:10).

God has a purpose for your life; He has a purpose for everything that He does. In John 10:10, Jesus said, "...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 1 John 3:8 says, "…For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil." Then in Luke 19:10, He said, "...The son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost." His purpose was very clear: He came to do the will of the Father. Like Him, you were born for a purpose; you came to do the will of your heavenly Father.

In Acts 26, we read about Saul of Tarsus, who on his way to Damascus had an encounter with the Lord. The Lord called him by name and said, "…I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness…" (Acts 26:16). God doesn’t do anything without a purpose. The reason He appeared to Saul, who later became Paul, was to make him a minister and a witness, so that he (Paul) would take the Gospel to the Gentiles (Acts 26:18).

Have you discovered your purpose? Do you know why you were born? If you haven’t found out, you can do that today! Be bold to ask the Lord; He’ll tell you. He could also speak to you expressly as He did to the Apostle Paul. He also guides you to that purpose as you walk with Him, and do the things He’s called you to do.

You weren’t born for nothing. You were born for the glory of God. You were born to walk with Him and bring Him honour. He planned from the beginning that you’d serve Him and live unto Christ. Let that purpose become established in your heart today. Take a hold of that revelation: the divine vision to bring Him glory; and you’ll experience tremendous growth and success in your life, and in all that you do.

Prayer...
Dear Father, your purpose for my life is established in my heart. I was born to bring you glory and honour. I live to fulfil my destiny in Christ, taking a hold of the divine vision and revelation to bring you glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
2 timothy 1:8-9; 8  Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9  Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

acts 26:16-18
But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

17  Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18  To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

1 year Bible reading plan: Jeremiah 31-32 Titus 3:1-15
2 year Bible reading plan: James 4:1-16 Ezekiel 30

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:58am On Oct 31, 2014
A Happy, Good Life! · Friday, October 31st

Pastor Chris

For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it (1 Peter 3:10-11).

It’s so inspiring to know that as a child of God, you can be at the top of your game and live a glorious life; a life that you can be happy about, every day. Some people aren’t happy with their lives and as a result, they blame others, the government, their environment, or their neighbours for their seeming misfortune; that’s not going to change anything.

To be the absolute success that God designed you to be takes living by the Word. The Word of God unveils the fundamental principles of success that you can act upon to achieve extraordinary greatness in life. For example, our opening scripture is very instructive on how to have a happy, good life. Let’s read it again, this time, in the Living Bible Translation: "If you want a happy, good life, keep control of your tongue, and guard your lips from telling lies. Turn away from evil and do good. Try to live in peace even if you must run after it to catch and hold it" (1 Peter 3:10-11).

Did you see that? It lets you know clearly that if you want to be happy about your life, and see good days, there’s a way to make it happen: eschew evil, and do good; go the extra mile to live in peace with all men. The Message translation says, "Whoever wants to embrace life and see the day fill up with good, Here’s what you do: Say nothing evil or hurtful; Snub evil and cultivate good; run after peace for all you’re worth" (1 Peter 3:10-11). Practise this. This is God giving you the recipe for a successful life: a life that’s filled up with good!

I love the Word of God because it’s our instruction manual for a glorious life; it’s the Light that guides us in righteousness, dominion, success and victory. Your life can be beautiful, extraordinary, exciting, fulfilling, exceptional, and excellent if you’d live by the Word.

Prayer...
Blessed Father, I thank you for giving me an extraordinary life in Christ; I’m fulfilled, joyful, and excited about my life, which you’ve adorned with your beauty, glory and righteousness. I’m established by your grace, in the path of greatness, because I live by your Word. Halleluiah!

Further Study: 
Hebrews 12:14; [KJV] Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

2 Peter 1:3 [KJV] According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

1 year Bible reading plan: Jeremiah 33 Philemon 1:1-25
2 year Bible reading plan: James 5:1-20 Ezekiel 31
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:28am On Nov 01, 2014
A Mystery To The Angels · Saturday, November 1st

Pastor Chris

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him but little lower than God, And crownest him with glory and honor (Psalm 8:4-5 ASV).

I’m ever so awed by the wisdom and greatness of our God. To think that He’d choose us—the new creation—to be His partners in executing His master-plan of salvation for the world beggars the imagination. The greatest of it all, which the angels themselves are amazed at, is that this great God of glory would call us into fellowship with Himself through the Holy Spirit, and give us the Holy Spirit to live in us. The angels haven’t got over that yet; they’re still seeking to understand its implication.

The angels of God are glorious beings; they know who they are: they’re mighty, and excellent in glory, but they’re amazed at what God has done for and with us, because as glorious as they are, God doesn’t live in them. However, as "unworthy" as we were, He gave us a new life and made us His living tabernacles. This is a mystery to the angels; they don’t understand the reason for this yet. And guess what! God chose us to explain it to them.

Every time we preach Jesus, and teach about the Holy Spirit, the angels listen. They love it! Because it’s something they only know about from the Scripture, but they don’t have the experience; they don’t know what it’s like; so they hear it from us. Read this beautiful verse: "To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God" (Ephesians 3:10).

This is the Apostle Paul writing to the Church; we’re the ones from whom the principalities and powers in heavenly places get to know the mysteries of God, and His multifaceted wisdom. The Bible lets us know that the angels would have given anything to be in on this (1 Peter 1:12), but we’ve been chosen to explain the mysteries to them. Since this is part of our responsibilities as God’s children, it means we must know the Word, live in the Word, and live out the Word, as the expression of the living Word.

Prayer

Dear Lord, I thank you for the privilege of insight into the mysteries of your eternal Kingdom. I’ve become a dispenser of the unsearchable riches of Christ. Through me, your wisdom is manifested, your grace is showcased, and the love of Christ is demonstrated to my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Colossians 1:26-27;
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Psalm 25:14; The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

Romans 16:25-26
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

1 year Bible reading plan: : Hebrews 1 Jeremiah 34-35
2 year Bible reading plan: : 1 Peter 1:1-12 Ezekiel 32
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:01am On Nov 02, 2014
"All Things Are Become New!" · Sunday, November 2nd

Pastor Chris

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Our opening scripture tells us something remarkable. It says, "...all things are become new." What’s the meaning of "all"? It means everything, that is, with the exception of nothing! I want you to notice the tenses: "…old things ARE passed away; behold, all things ARE become new." Glory to God!

Therefore, when God looks at you, He sees that whatever was wrong in your life before you were born again is now passed away. You may not "feel" or think so, but that doesn’t negate His truth. Besides, that’s the reason He told you, because you couldn’t know any other way, except through the Word. How should you respond, now that you know?

Here’s what God expects: let’s assume that you came into a meeting, not knowing much about Jesus, then you heard the Gospel and believed; however, you came into the meeting with cancer. The doctors already said there was no chance of survival. Now, you’ve believed the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and have received Him into your life; you’ve declared that He’s now Lord over your life, and have received eternal life into your heart!

Then you read, "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation, old things are passed away, all things are become new." You ponder for a moment, "Hey! Old things are passed away? What about the cancer I came with?" Well, old things are passed away, and all things are become new; and the eighteenth verse explains that all the things that have become new are of God. So, the cancer is not of God! So you say, "Old things are passed away. Therefore, this cancer is passed away!"

Now, you may still feel it in your body, but God says it’s passed away; so you keep saying what God has said, "Cancer, you’re passed away! My body has become new, because I have a new life in me now, and this new life is impermeable to cancer!" That becomes your proclamation and expression of faith! It’s on the basis of what God has said; you trust His Word that, indeed, "All things are become new!"

Prayer..
I thank you blessed Father, for giving me a brand new life in Christ. Everything about my life is infused with divinity and speaks of your glory. Eternal life, love, health, peace, joy, righteousness, prosperity; you’ve made them mine! Thank you for this extraordinary life of glory and excellence I have in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Galatians 6:15; For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Romans 6:4; Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Colossians 3:9-10
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

1 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 2 Jeremiah 36-37
2 year Bible reading plan: 1 Peter 1:13-25 Ezekiel 33
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:16am On Nov 03, 2014
The Holy Spirit: The Very Essence Of Christ- Monday, November 3rd

Pastor Chris

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
(John 14:16-17)

In our lives as Christian, the most important thing for us is our fellowship with the Holy Spirit. If you saw Jesus right now, I'm sure you'd embrace Him, bow to Him or fall at His feet in worship; I mean you'd express your love for Him in the best way possible. Well, you might as well do the same for the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is just like Jesus and He's in you, and with you, everyday.

We don't have anything less than what the disciples had when they were with Jesus in Bible days. Not only do we have the precence of God with us, we have Him in us, in the Holy Spirit. Until and unless that becomes a present-hour consciousness in you, your Christianity would be no more than a religion.

Recognize the Holy Spirit, not only as a real person, but also as the very essence of the Christ. Without the Holy Spirit, there'd have been no Christ; Jesus wouldn't be all that He was; every thing you love about Jesus wouldn't be there. The revelation of God; the expression of His nature, love, character and grace that you find in Jesus is all revealed to you through the Holy Spirit. Everything you love or admire in Jesus is in the Holy Spirit.

Today, the Lord Jesus in in heaven, but the Holy Spirit is with us on earth. The beautiful thing about it is we can have Him (the Holy Spirit) with us anywhere, everywhere, all the time. The disciples didn't have this privilege before the death of Jesus; they couldn't "take Jesus home" in them. But when the Holy Spirit came, He took the place of the ascended Christ. Now, we don't miss Jesus, because the Holy Spirit makes the presence of Jesus real to us. He's the reason you can believe the Word of God.

It's so important that you recognize the ministry of the Holy Spirit in your life. Knowing Him and walking with Him is the key to the successful and supernatural life in Christ.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the immeasurable blessing of having the Holy Spirit live in me. I acknowledge His presence, and take advantage of His awesome ministry in my life, as He guides me in wisdom, to do your perfect with, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Daily Scripture Reading:

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 3;Jeremiah 38-40
2 Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 2:1-12; Ezekiel 34
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:02am On Nov 04, 2014
The Victorious Life · Tuesday, November 4th, 2014

Pastor Chris

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).

Being born again, you’re born into a spiritual kingdom. This spiritual kingdom is greater than the physical world; it actually rules the physical world. For instance, if you were asking God for a job or a child, promotion, etc., He’ll make it available to you in the spirit-realm. If you can take a hold of it in the realm of the spirit, nothing can stop it from manifesting physically. However, many don’t know how to get things done in the realm of the spirit.

The Bible tells us to walk in the spirit (Galatians 5:16). How do you walk in the spirit? It’s by walking in the Word. Jesus said in John 6:63, "…the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." Thus, living the victorious life is living in the Word. This doesn’t mean there’ll be no crises, or that you won’t face any trouble in life; rather, when they come, they’ll be "bread" for you: you’ll walk on in glory. Halleluiah! When you realize this and function accordingly, the victorious life won’t be a mystery but a day-to-day experience for you.

There’s more to life than what your physical eyes can see. 1 Corinthians 2:12 says, "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." As you give attention to God’s Word, the Holy Spirit unveils to your spirit the realities of the victorious life in Christ. This is God’s desire for you. He said through the Apostle Paul: "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth" (3 John 1:2). Living victoriously every day is as simple as saying "Yes" to God’s Word, and acting accordingly.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for my victorious life in Christ. I make full proof of what Christ did for me, living triumphantly every day, in His Name, and for your glory. I can never be disadvantaged because I live in God’s Word, which produces in, and for me, the result of what it says, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 4:4; [KJV] Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Psalm 16:5-6 TLB;
Psalms 16:5 Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine.
Psalms 16:6 The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance!

2 Peter 1:2-4
[KJV] 2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
[KJV] 2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
[KJV] 2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

1 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 4:1-13 Jeremiah 41-43
2 year Bible reading plan : 1 Peter 2:13-25 Ezekiel 35
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:59am On Nov 05, 2014
The Epistles Of Christ In Flesh · Wednesday, November 5th

Pastor Chris

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever (1 Peter 1:23).

The man in Christ is born of the Word of God. That makes him an offspring of the Word. James 1:18 says, "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures." God gave birth to you by the Word of truth, as the first and the best of everything He made. It’s so important that you’re aware, and walk in the consciousness of your status in Christ.

Now, since Jesus is the Word of God in flesh, it means you’re also the Word of God in flesh. 2 Corinthians 3:2-3 says, "Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men. Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart."

Did you see that? You’ve been manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ. The epistle of Christ is the Word of Christ—the Word of God.

Therefore, you’re the epistle of Christ in flesh; which means you’re the Word of God in flesh. This is the revelation of the new creation! This is the revelation of true Christianity! True Christianity is the out-working of the Word in you. When you talk, it’s the Word; when you act, it’s the Word. Your life is the revelation of the Word.

Recall part of what we read: we’re manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ, known and read of all men. Meaning that, as they look at us, they literally can read the Word of God. No wonder we’re the effulgence of His glory, the manifestation of His righteousness. When we show up, Christ shows up. As He is, so are we in this world. We make manifest the savour of His knowledge, wisdom, grace and power, in every place. Blessed Be God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me your living epistle, known and read by all men. My life is the revelation of your Word; your knowledge, grace, power, wisdom and righteousness are unveiled in, and through, me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 4:17;
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

1 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 4:14-5:1-10 Jeremiah 44-47
2 year Bible reading plan: 1 Peter 3:1-12 Ezekiel 36
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:14am On Nov 06, 2014
His Co-labourer · Thursday, November 6th

Pastor Chris

Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest (Luke 10:2).

The Lord Jesus, in His earth walk, went about the cities and villages teaching in their synagogues, preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom and healing the sick and diseased among the people.

The Bible says He saw the multitude and was moved with compassion for them because they were weary and scattered, like sheep without a shepherd (Matthew 9:36). That’s the reason He asked the disciples to pray to the Lord of the harvest to send forth labourers to reap the bountiful harvest of souls around the world. You’re that man; you’re that woman; you’re a co-labourer with the Lord.

In 1 Corinthians 3:9, Paul said, "For we are labourers together with God..."; that means every Christian is a co-labourer with God in building lives, and saving souls. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." God sent His Son Jesus to save the world, and you’re a partner with Him in the project.

He already granted you the grace for an effective soul-winning life, and in 2 Corinthians 6:1, He implores you not to receive that grace in vain: "We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain." Acts 1:8 says, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

The Holy Spirit, who is the Lord of the harvest, lives in you today. Take advantage of His grace and power in you to be an effective witness of the resurrected Christ! Recognize and take your place as a co-labourer with the Lord. Fulfil your calling every day, as a soulwinner and a soul-builder.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your grace and power at work in me to be effective in soul-winning. As a minister of reconciliation and steward of the mysteries of Christ, I faithfully take the light of your glorious Gospel to my world, and to the regions beyond, transforming and building lives by the power of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
John 15:4-5,16;
[KJV] John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
[KJV] John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
[KJV] John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

2 Corinthians 5:18-19
[KJV] 2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
[KJV] 2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 5:11-6:1-20 Jeremiah 48-49
2 year Bible reading plan: 1 Peter 3:13-22 Ezekiel 37

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:27am On Nov 07, 2014
He Cares! - Friday, November 7th .

Pastor Chris

Casting all your care up on him; for he careth for you (1 Peter 5:7).

Our opening scripture is remarkable. The Lord Himself is inviting us to cast all our cares on Him. He says,“Give me all your cares!” You don't have to worry over anything in life. Roll all your cares over to Him. You and God can't be “caring” about the same things, at the same time. If you’re going to be fretful and anxious, He can't intervene, because your worries will stop His power from flowing your way.

Refuse to care! Confess the Word and say, “I refuse to be anxious over anything. However, in everything, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, I make my request known unto God; therefore, His peace that surpasses all understanding garrisons my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.”

Perhaps you're a parent, you have your son or your daughter away somewhere, and you think he or she might be in danger. Instead of crying out in fear, “Oh God, I don't know what's happening…”; say, “Father, I thank you because I know that you care! You’re in charge; therefore, my child is protected.”

Confess that God cares! Be conscious that He cares. Jesus Christ was so conscious of the Father; He spoke of Him all the time. I have that consciousness! He says, “I will not leave you fatherless” (John 14:18), and He sent the Holy Spirit to take care of us, because He cares. We’re not fatherless. There's someone who cares for you; He's your heavenly Father. He cares about every detail of your life; He cares about everything that pertains to you. He perfects all that concerns you, and you're important to Him; He knows your name.

No matter the situation, get into your closet, shut the world out, shut the pain out, shut the tribulation out and lift your hands and say, “I have a Father, the Almighty; He’s King of kings and Lord of Lords, and He cares for me.” You’re not alone;greater is He that’s in you than all the troubles in the world.

Confession...
I cast all my cares on you, blessed Lord, because I know you love me and care for me affectionately. I refuse to be discouraged, irrespective of the challenges that come my way, because I trust in the efficacy of your Word. Greater is He that’s in me, than he that's in the world. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Romans 8:35-39
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ;

Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. ;

Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 7, Jeremiah 50-51
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 4:1-19, Ezekiel 38

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Nov 08, 2014
"Now Are We The Sons Of God!" · Saturday, November 8th

Pastor Chris

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is (1 John 3:2).

How inspiring this is! The Word says, "Now are we the sons of God." This is the reality. This scripture is already fulfilled in you if you’re born again; it’s not something that’s going to happen after the rapture of the Church or when we get to heaven; no! NOW are we the sons of God; it’s a "present truth" for you to walk in.

Let’s review the entire verse: "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." The underlined portion lets us know that though outwardly, we may not look that way, we know inside us that we have the same life and nature with Him; we have the same Spirit with Him. Glory to God! What does this tell you?

It shows that as a child of God, as an associate of the God-kind, there’s really nothing more you need God to do in you or for you, because you have Christ in you. He already made you complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10); that means you’ve been perfected; nothing needs to be "added" to you, and nothing needs to be taken out. You’re complete in Him; you were born that way when you were born again.

It’s like in natural birth: when a woman gives birth to a child, that child is hundred percent human; that is, he’s perfectly and completely human! The child doesn’t grow in humanity, for he’s born that way. In the same vein, when we were born again, we became sons and daughters of God; we were complete and perfected in righteousness and holiness. You’re as righteous and as holy as He is, because you share His divinity. He’s your life, your call and your heritage. As He is, so are you in this world (1 John 4:17). You’re the effulgence of His glory, and the express image of His person. Therefore, walk in righteousness and holiness according to your true nature in Christ.

Prayer...
Thank you Father, for the privilege of being your very own. I live in this reality today, manifesting your Word in every area of my life. I’m complete in Christ; there’s nothing lacking in my life, because Christ is my completeness, and as He is, so am I in this world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
Galatians 3:26 CEV;
All of you are God’s children because of your faith in Christ Jesus. 

Psalm 2:7 CEV
I will tell the promise that the Lord made to me:“You are my son, because today I have become your father.

1 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 8 Jeremiah 52
2 year Bible reading plan : 1 Peter 5:1-14 Ezekiel 39
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On Nov 09, 2014
"See!" · Sunday, November 9th

Pastor Chris

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not (1 John 3:1).

Our opening scripture is just so powerful! It begins with the word "Behold," which means, "See!" The same word is used in 2 Corinthians 5:17, a rather emphatic word; read the entire verse: "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." In other words, now that you’re in Christ, "see" that all things are now new; behold it. Glory to God!

The word is akin to a Hebrew word in the Old Testament, "chazah," which means to see with the eyes of a prophet, something that others couldn’t see. So, He says, "see it," because ordinarily, from the natural standpoint, with your physical eyes, you may not see what He’s showing you or telling you, but He wants you to see with the eyes of the Spirit. He wants you to "see" that you’re now strong; "see" that you’re healthy; "see" that you’re sound; "see" that you’re righteous and prosperous. See!

It matters what you see. "See" that God has lavished His love on you, so superfluously that you should be called His very own, His beloved. No wonder Ephesians 1:6 says, "…he hath made us accepted in the beloved." See yourself in this light and you’ll never live in fear or condemnation.

The Word of God is the True Light; the same Word is saying to you now, "see" that you’re loved of God! "See" that you’re not abandoned and forsaken! "See" that He’s with you, and in you, to lead and guide you triumphantly through life. Halleluiah!

Confession...
I’m strong and courageous! I see glory, victory, success and triumph all around me. I see with the eyes of the Spirit, through the Word, my glorious heritage in Christ, and my heart greatly rejoices, for in Him I see my salvation, strength, courage, victory, and righteousness! Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Joshua 6:2; And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.

Psalm 121:1-2;
1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

1 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 9:1-10 Lamentations 1-2
2 year Bible reading plan: 2 Peter 1:1-12 Ezekiel 40

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:07am On Nov 10, 2014
He Conquered The World And Gave You Peace · Monday, November 10th

Pastor Chris

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid (John 14:27).

This is so profound! No wonder in Philippians 4:6-7 the Apostle Paul, by the Spirit, writes, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." The world is looking for peace today; it’s trying to do everything to have peace, but the more it tries, the more it eludes it. The Bible says, "...when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape" (1 Thessalonians 5:3). This is the dilemma that the people of the world are in today.

Jesus tells us in John 16:33, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." He overcame the world and gave us the victory over the world. He actually "conquered" the world, and when He was through, He gave us peace. He said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give unto you..." (John 14:27); in other words, "I’ve given you the peace that the world can’t give."

The peace that you have in your spirit is the peace of Jesus Christ that surpasses understanding. Circumstances may not look right; everything looks like there’s trouble, yet the inexplicable and indescribable peace of God garrisons your heart and mind! The world can’t understand how come you’re so much at peace in the midst of crises. That’s the peace that Jesus gives; it gives you power over crises. It beggars understanding!

Confession...
I have peace in my spirit! I testify that I’m at peace in every situation, for Christ is my peace; therefore, I live and walk in peace, every day of my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 16:33;
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

2 Corinthians 13:11
Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

1 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 9:11-28 Lamentations 3-5
2 year Bible reading plan: 2 Peter 1:13-22 Ezekiel 41

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:05am On Nov 11, 2014
Use The Word For Healing And Health · Tuesday, November 11th

Pastor Chris

When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick (Matthew 8:16).

Someone might be in a precarious health condition and gripe, "I’ve prayed about this sickness; I’ve cried; I’ve fasted, and nothing has changed; I don’t know what else to do!" Well, that’s because you haven’t acted on the Word. That’s what God expects of you. When you act on the Word, things change. There’s reality in the Word of God that’s beyond science and the senses.

For example, when the world says an ailment is incurable, that limitation doesn’t include us, because when we lay our hands on the sick, they’re healed, irrespective of the condition. We can heal all manner of sickness and disease with the Word. When we speak the Word, diseases dematerialize. It’s like what happened with Jesus in Bible days; they brought to Him many that were possessed with devils, and He cast out the spirits with His Word, and healed all that were sick. Notice that He did it with His Word.When He said, "Receive your sight," the man that was born blind began to see.

When He said, "Rise up and walk," at His Word, the lame got up, walking and running. His Word restored even those that had their limbs amputated! There’s something about the Word of God!As you read this, it’s possible you have cancer in your body: All you need do is, speak the Word! Say, "My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and cannot cohabit with sickness." Therefore, call its name and say, "I command you to die in the Name of Jesus." Say, "In the Name of Jesus, I cut you out!"

It doesn’t matter what the condition is; perhaps it’s lameness, blindness or some disabilities; the power of God is available in His Word. Use the Word against it. No sickness can thrive in your body because of the impact of the divine life on your physical body. Halleluiah!

Confession...
Divinity is tabernacled in my physical body! I’m a new creation, not subject to the elements of this world. I live the transcendent life! Divinity flows in every fibre of my being, in every cell of my blood, and in every bone of my body! I reign over sickness, disease, poverty and lack! I’m superior to Satan. Glory to God!

Further Study: 
Psalm 107:20; [KJV] He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

Proverbs 4:20-22
[KJV] Proverbs 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
[KJV] Proverbs 4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
[KJV] Proverbs 4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

1 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 10:1-18 Ezekiel 1-2
2 year Bible reading plan : 2 Peter 2:1-22 Ezekiel 42
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:05am On Nov 12, 2014
Follow The Prescribed Order · Wednesday, November 12

Pastor Chris

For because ye did it not at the first, the LORD our God made a breach upon us, for that we sought him not after the due order (1 Chronicles 15:13).

God wants you to carry out His instructions according to the prescribed order. To do otherwise is to walk against His perfect will, like what happened to David and the children of Israel when they didn’t follow His prescribed order in moving the ark of God into the city of David.David got a new cart, and two men, Uzzah and Ahio, rode in the cart together with the ark as they drove it to the city of David (2 Samuel 6:3).

Then, something significant happened. The oxen pulling the cart stumbled and the cart shook. Uzzah tried to stop the ark from falling and when he did, he died instantly. David, baffled and afraid at what had happened, wouldn’t bring the ark into the city anymore. They had to keep it in the house of a man named Obed-edom. Interestingly, while the ark of God was in Obed-edom’s house, he and his family prospered exceedingly.

David couldn’t but wonder why the same ark that Uzzah touched and died would bring so much blessing to another man and his family. Then he found out why, as he searched the Scriptures. In 1 Chronicles 15:2, God’s prescribed order was that only the priests (the Levites) should carry the ark of God. That was God’s plan.

David, realizing their error, said to the priests and elders of Israel, "For because ye did it not at the first, the LORD our God made a breach upon us, for that we sought him not after the due order" (1 Chronicles 15:13). How important this is! Uzzah could have been spared, had they followed God’s prescribed order.

It brings to mind the Lord’s admonition to Moses while he was to set up the Tabernacle; He said to him, "See…that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount" (Hebrews 8:5). There’s a pattern; there’s a way; there’s a prescribed order in doing the things of God; follow it and you’ll experience His grace and blessings in your life and service of God.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for revealing your perfect will and desire to me through your Word and by your Spirit. Now and always, I serve you, not on my own terms, but in accordance with your Word. I walk in the light of your Word, and therefore experience greater manifestations of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
Proverbs 19:20; [KJV] Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.

Proverbs 4:13 [KJV] Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.

1 year Bible reading plan: Hebrews 10:19-39 Ezekiel 3-4
2 year Bible reading plan: 2 Peter 3:1-18 Ezekiel 43
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2014
There’s Nothing More You Need To Do…Thursday, November 13th .

Pastor Chris

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light (Colossians 1:12).

No Christian needs to “pay any additional price,” outside of what Christ already paid to have an extraordinary life and be all that God wants us to be. Think about it: what did David do for God to choose him and make him king of Israel? Nothing.

What did Abraham do for God to choose him and say, “I'll make you great; I’ll bless you and make you a blessing, and through you and your seed the whole world will be blessed”? Again, like David, Abraham did nothing; it was simply God's choice.

Moses said to the children of Israel, “God blessed you because He loved your fathers,” referring to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; he didn’t say it was because they did anything. It was simply the result of His love.

What did Joseph do for his father Jacob to love him and give him a coat of many colours? He was one of Jacob’s many sons, but his father just loved him. He was neither the first nor the last child of his father; therefore, his father's love for him wasn't preconditioned on his position amongst the siblings. It was simply a matter of choice, though he was the son of his old age.

It’s the same with you today. God loves you, and He has qualified you to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light. It’s your heritage in Christ to enjoy your life and live your best to the glory of God. He didn’t create you for destruction. When Jesus hung on the cross, He said, “It is finished.” He announced the end to suffering for all humanity. Now, anyone who believes in Him and accepts His vicarious sacrifice is automatically ushered into the transcendent life of dominion.

His sacrifice was enough. All He wants now is for you to take advantage of His grace. Enjoy the glory that resulted from the sufferings of Christ. There’s nothing more you need to do beyond what He already did.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you for the strength that comes to me from your Word. I thank you for the life I’ve received, by the resurrection of Christ from the dead. I thank you that I’m the object of your love, and my prosperity and wellbeing are your delight. I live in the victory of Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Titus 3:4-5
But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; ; 

Colossians 1:12-14
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 11:1-16, Ezekiel 5-7
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1John 1:1-10, Ezekiel 44
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Nov 14, 2014
It’s Because Of Who You Are-Friday, November 14th .

Pastor Chris

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).

When the Bible says, “Ye are of God,” it doesn't mean you're on God's side; neither does it mean you’re a God-supporter. It means that you hail from God; your origin is in Him; and because of this, it says you “…have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4).

This isn't a promise, but a statement of fact. You shouldn't be afraid of anything in this world; you've already overcome the world, Satan, and his demons.

Notice He didn’t say you qualify by praying or working hard enough. What God is talking about here is who you are. You’re not an ordinary being; you're like Jesus. 1 John 4:17 says, “…as he is, so are we in this world.” Jesus was fearless. He had no sense of lack. He lived in absolute mastery and dominion over all things.

The same life in him is what He’s given you. The same Holy Spirit that worked in Him when He walked the earth is the same that you've received. Therefore, be conscious of who you are in Christ.

1 John 5:4 says, “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world…”; that means it makes no difference the challenges or difficulties that you face in this world; you’re a victor, because you're born of God. They may say to you, “O, you’re not going to come out of this one; everyone who ever faced this situation failed.” That’s because they don’t know who you are; the reason you’ve overcome all things is that you're born of God, and greater is He that’s in you than he that's in the world.

The devil doesn’t respect you because you’re very “holy” or because you pray a lot. But he recognizes who you are; and when you exercise your dominion and authority on the basis of who you are in Christ, he bows. Never forget what the Word of God has made you!

Confession...
I’m born of God; greater is He that's in me than He that’s in the world! Divinity is at work in me; as Jesus is, so am I in this world. I'm not ordinary. I have the life of God in every fibre of my being. I’m what God says I am! I can do all things by His strength and ability that’s at work in me mightily.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 3:16 GNB Surely you know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you! ; 

Deuteronomy 7:7-8
7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Daily Scripture Reading:

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 11:17-40, Ezekiel 8-10
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 John 2:1-14, Ezekiel 45

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 219
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.