Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,974 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:05 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (258369 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:26am On Dec 12, 2014
Final Separation From The World - Friday, December 12th .

Pastor Chris

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (Romans 6:3-4).

For the Christian, water baptism by immersion is important, and its significance shouldn’t be overlooked. Our opening scripture tells us exactly the significance of water baptism: it’s a testimony of your faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. When you’re dipped into water in baptism, you're declaring that you’ve identified with Him in His death and burial. When you’re brought out of the water, it's symbolic of His resurrection; you’re thus affirming that you now walk in newness of life. Glory to God!

Moreover, water baptism marks your final separation from the world. When the children of Israel passed through the Red Sea on dry ground, it was symbolic of water baptism. The Bible says they did it by faith (Hebrews 11:29). 1 Corinthians 10:1-2 tells us that they were baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea: “Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea.”

When they went through the water and came out on the other side, the Egyptians tried to do the same, but they were buried in the water; they all died. At that point, the children of Israel were separated from Egypt; the Red Sea was their final separation. In the same way, water baptism marks your final separation from Egypt, which is a type of the world.

This is why every Christian must be baptized in water; it's a symbol of salvation, but not in the same sense as the salvation of taking away your sins; it's the salvation of a good conscience towards God. 1 Peter 3:20-21 says, “…God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. The like figure where unto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for separating me from the destructions that ruin men’s lives, and the judgment of this world. I’m identified with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection, and now walk in newness of life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. ;

Galatians 3:26-27
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 4, Hosea 11-14
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 12:1-10, Micah 1-2

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:13am On Dec 13, 2014
The Word Is All-Powerful! - Saturday, December 13th .

Pastor Chris

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever (1 Peter 1:23).

When the whole world became a chaotic mass, God didn’t rally the angels and say, “Hey, let’s reconstruct the universe.” He spoke creation into being. He said, “Let there be….” and whatever He said came forth. When He said, “Let there be light,” light became! He gave the Word and recreated the world. Everything that exists came from the Word of God. Hebrews 1:3 tells us that He upholds all things by the Word of His power.

Words are powerful, but the Word is all-powerful! I need you to understand this, and let it soak; I want it to get into your spirit so you can truly understand it. Words are powerful, but the WORD is all-powerful! Anybody can say anything and have it produce results, whether or not he’s a Christian. After all, man was made in the image of God, and in His likeness. That's the natural man. He can say anything, and have it affect his life, or affect anybody else’s; so in that light, words are powerful.

However, when a man is born again, he's born of the Word. Our opening scripture says, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.” You're the offspring of the Word, if you're born again; you live by the Word. Your life is built by the Word; you dwell in the Word! What does that tell you? It means that you don’t just speak words, you speak the Word. How important this is!

When your spirit is in sync with the Holy Spirit, you speak the Word; your words are spirit and life, like the words of the Master. When you have a situation to deal with, if there’s something you want to change, stir your spirit to speak forth the Word. Never be intimidated by anything! The Word of God in your mouth is God talking; it'll change anything and prevail over circumstances.

Prayer...
Dear Father, what a privilege it is to have been born of your Word! Your Word in my mouth is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, filled with divine energy to turn any situation around for my good. The Word is in my mouth today, and with it I prevail over circumstances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. ;

Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. ;

Proverbs 16:24
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 5, Joel 1-3

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:40am On Dec 14, 2014
It’s Thanksgiving - Sunday, December 14th .

Pastor Chris

And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small (Jeremiah 30:19).

If you look into your life and the receding year in retrospect, you’d find that the Lord has been so gracious and kind; His love, mercy and grace have seen us through a very remarkable year. Therefore, in celebrating all that He’s done for you, there’re four important things to do in your gratitude and appreciation.

The first is the prayer of thanksgiving: Pray a prayer of thanksgiving from your heart to the Lord today, appreciating Him for a most successful year. As you pray, express yourself in thanksgiving; let it flow freely from your heart.

Secondly, offer Him the worship and praise of thanksgiving. There's a prayer of thanksgiving, and there's also a worship of thanksgiving, where you're full of praise, exuberant and ecstatic with praise from your spirit.

The third is your testimony of thanksgiving, where you tell of what He’s done in your life. Here, you're not thinking about what you seemingly “didn’t get” or the goal you set to achieve by the end of the year that didn’t quite pull through; rather, you’re grateful for the joy of the Lord that’s in your heart. You’re thankful for the foundation of your spirit; the foundation of faith that God gave you! You're thankful for the hope in your spirit. There’re people who are never hopeful for the future, but God gave you hope. So, testify in thanksgiving of these and other blessings of God in your life.

The fourth is to give an offering in thanksgiving. Give the Lord a special thanksgiving offering today, and project yourself into the greater future He's planned for you. Make your mark today in thanking Him specially, and let the whole day be full of joy for you. Carry the atmosphere of thanksgiving with you home from the Church.

At designated times of the day, have praise and thanksgiving sessions on your own, or with your family. Make it an entire day of praise and thanksgiving, because you’re grateful for all that Christ is to you, and has accomplished on your behalf.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for receiving my worship, praise and thanksgiving, sanctifying them by your Spirit. You’re magnified in my life, and your glory has increased in my life. Thank you for an outstanding 2014, and for your grace that's piloting me into the great future you have for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 141:2
Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. ;

Psalm 147:7-13
7 Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God:
8 Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.
9 He giveth to the beast his food, and to the young ravens which cry.
10 He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man.
11 The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.
12 Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem; praise thy God, O Zion.
13 For he hath strengthened the bars of thy gates; he hath blessed thy children within thee.;

Psalm 107:21-22
Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 6, Amos 1-4
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 13:1-10, Micah 5-6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:54am On Dec 15, 2014
The Branches And The Vine Are One · Monday, December 15th

Pastor Chris

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing (John 15:5).

The beauty of a tree is not in the vine, but in the branches, and a tree should have the same life flowing through the branches, as you have in the vine. Now, this gives you God’s idea; Jesus said, "I am the vine, ye are the branches." That means we’ve got the same life and nature. Jesus didn’t say, "I am the vine; I pray you become the branches"; neither did He say, "I am the vine; try to be the branches." He said, "I am the vine, ye are the branches." That’s a fact for now. So you can boldly say, "Jesus and I are one; we share the same life." Glory to God!

Let’s look at another scripture: John 14:23; read the words of Jesus: "...If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." He said if you love Him, the Father will love you, and He and the Father will come to you and settle in you; they’ll come and live with you. He said, "We’ll come unto him and make our home (our abode) with him." This is talking about oneness with the Father! We’re one with Him.

Being born again is coming into union with Christ: that’s the biggest thing about our salvation. When you were born again, not only was your spirit recreated, you were also immersed into Christ; you became one with Him, literally joined together with Him as one divine creation. 1 Corinthians 12:13 says, "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body…and have been all made to drink into one Spirit." You’ve been made to drink into one Spirit; you’ve become mingled with the Spirit of God as one divine creation.

This is so amazing! No wonder the Word says, "You’re a member of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones." You’re not one struggling to attain God’s level; you’re already one with Him: an associate of the God-kind. This is why He calls you a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people, called to display the virtues, perfections, graces and excellence of divinity.

Prayer..
Dear God, thank you for the honour of my being inseparably one with you; not only have you made me your sanctuary, I’ve also become the conveyor and dispenser of your righteousness, mercy, goodness and grace. I bask in the full blessings of my oneness with you, manifesting your glory, beauty, and wisdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 2:11;
For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

1 Corinthians 6:17;
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Romans 8:16-17
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

1 year Bible reading plan: revelation 7 Amos 5-9
2 year Bible reading plan: revelation 13:11-18 Micah 7

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Dec 16, 2014
Anointed To Produce… - Tuesday, December 16th .

Pastor Chris

You did not choose me. I chose you and sent you out to produce fruit, the kind of fruit that will last. Then my Father will give you whatever you ask for in my name (John 15:16 CEV).

Isn't it wonderful to know that the Lord Jesus chose and ordained you to produce abiding fruits: results that stand the test of time? Whatever you do is expected to succeed and “abide”; that means others can build on your success, and take it to the next level; that's the way your life should be.

The Bible tells us about Joseph who was brought into the house of Potiphar as a slave. However, because the Lord was with him, everything he did prospered. He was prosperous and effective. When his master, Potiphar, saw this, he promptly made Joseph the overseer over his house. Potiphar recognized that Joseph was blessed to produce lasting results.

The anointing is on your life by the Holy Spirit to bring about excellence in everything you do. Become conscious of this. Whatever you’re required to do should be a success because you’re a child of God, and you’re fashioned for good works. Ephesians 2:10 says, “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” There’s something about you that makes every task that’s assigned to you a success. Success and excellence are in your spirit, they’re your heritage in Christ.

Therefore, keep bearing fruits. Keep winning. Remain effective. Wherever you find yourself, make a difference. Joseph’s excellence wasn’t discovered when he became the boss; it was discovered while he was a slave. He only became the boss because of his effectiveness. The Spirit of God in you makes you an effective and efficient person: “But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you…” (Acts 1:8 AMP). You're anointed to win, and to make things work; you're anointed, not just to produce results, but lasting results; enduring legacy. Glory to God!

Prayer...
Father, thank you for the inherent ability in me to be effective and efficient in all that I do, producing lasting and extraordinary results! You have equipped and ordained me for a fruitful and productive life. I’m effective in my job, business, ministry, and in every area of my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 22:29
Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men. ;

Proverbs 13:4 GNB
No matter how much a lazy person may want something, he will never get it. A hard worker will get everything he wants.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 8, Obadiah
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 14:1-10, Nahum 1-3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:30am On Dec 17, 2014
Precise Knowledge Of The Truth - Wednesday, December 17th .

Pastor Chris

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4).

The Greek word translated “knowledge” in the verse above is “epignosis.” It means full, exact or precise knowledge. So, God wants all men to be saved, and to come to the full, exact, precise knowledge of the truth. If this weren't possible, He wouldn't have said so. This is His desire. It's the reason He has set anointed ministers and ministries in place as gifts to the Church, because He wants us to come to a full knowledge of His Son, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

In Ephesians 4:11-13 the Apostle Paul, referring to this, writes: “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers. For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.” Can you see God’s dream for your life? He wants you built up and established in the Word, until you come to such high level of faith and knowledge of the Son of God, mature and full-grown in the Lord.

As you develop in Christ and in the things of the Spirit, as you increase in revelation knowledge of the Word, you’d no longer find yourself saying the wrong things. You won't say, “I don't know what’s wrong with my leg; it appears I have diabetes.” When you have precise knowledge of the truth—the truth about Christ and what He’s done for you, and in you—you won't say, “O, it seems my lungs are failing,” or “There's something wrong with my spine”; no! If you knew the Spirit, and understood the Word, you wouldn't talk that way.

Psalm 87:3 says, “Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God.” That's talking about you. And Psalm 50:2 says, “Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined.” So, God shines through you: not cancer, diabetes, kidney failure, lung failure, or typhoid fever! You’re the perfection of beauty. Stand in front of the mirror, look at yourself and say, “I know who I am; greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.” You can say that even now, and have a miracle. Thank you Lord Jesus!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me absolute and exact knowledge of your Word, far removed from assumptions, doubts and uncertainties. I function by the Spirit of wisdom and knowledge in all my endeavours, and the results are evident in me. I’m a master over circumstances, for I know that the greater One lives in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. ;

Philemon 1:6
That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 9, Jonah 1-4
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 14:11-20, Habakkuk 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:31am On Dec 18, 2014
He’s Got His Label On you! - Thursday, December 18th .

Pastor Chris

For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live] (Ephesians 2:10 AMP).

God's label is on you. That’s precisely what the Apostle Paul meant when he said we’re “God’s workmanship”; meaning that you’re His handiwork. For instance, iOS devices have the Apple label designating them as the “workmanship,” or “handiwork” of the Apple Company. There are Android devices that display the Samsung label to indicate they’re the products of Samsung. In the same way, you have a label on you as God’s handiwork; that label is His Name. You’re God’s own workmanship, created without any defect. You were made to function perfectly and excellently in life.

You’re crafted for excellence now that you’re born again. God has certified you a success. Observe again what we read in our theme scripture: “For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined.” Not only do you have the nature of your heavenly Father in you, you alsohave His label on you. The same label was on Jesus when He walked the earth. Acts 10:38 says, “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”

The same is true about you today! You've been anointed with the Holy Spirit and with power to do good works. “Good works” means manifesting the glory of God and establishing His will—His righteousness—upon the earth; winning souls, and bringing men out of darkness into His marvellous light. In your neighbourhood, home, workplace, school—everywhere you find yourself—preach the Gospel, heal the sick, cast out devils, cleanse the lepers, and raise the dead! You're the one bearing Christ’s label in the world today.

Confession...
God’s label is on me, for I am His workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works. Therefore, as I go about doing good today; my life is filled with God's goodness and grace in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: ;

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 10, Micah 1-3
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 15:1-8, Habakkuk 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:40am On Dec 19, 2014
The Eyes Of Faith · Friday 19th December·

Pastor Chris

But the LORD said to Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart (1 Samuel 16:7)

In Genesis 15:5, God said to Abraham, "...Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be." You’d notice that God was specific as to what He wanted Abraham to look at. He didn’t say to him, "Look up" or "Look around"; He said, "Look at the stars and see if you can number them." Each time God tells you to look, He gives you what to look at, and usually, He wants you to see with the eyes of faith.

It doesn’t matter how people see you; what matters is how you see yourself: the perception and opinion you’ve formed of yourself, on the basis of what the Word says about you. See "you" with the eyes of God, and live what you see! Don’t look at things from the physical perspective, and form conclusions that are based on sensory perceptions. God doesn’t want you to live that way. He wants you to see from your spirit and make the right judgments.

Before the physical manifestation of the supernatural and glory of God in your life, you must see it first within you. Once you can see it with the eyes of faith, it’s yours. You must first have it within. For example, when God says to you, "I have granted your request," don’t consider the surrounding situation anymore; see and receive it in the spirit first!

See and apprehend your prosperity, health, peace, progress, success, deliverance and the salvation of your friends and family members. Proclaim with your mouth that which you’ve already seen within you—not so they’ll come to pass—but because you know they already exist in the faith-realm.

If you want to have a fruitful walk with the Lord, you have to learn to see and receive with your spirit, and keep your focus on the Word.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for enlightening the eyes of my spirit through your Word, to see and receive every good thing that you’ve made available to me in Christ Jesus. I walk in the reality of my inheritance in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
[KJV] 2 Corinthians 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

[KJV] Matthew 6:22
The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

I year Bible reading plan: revelation 11 Micah 4-5
2 year Bible reading plan: revelation 16:1-10 Zephaniah 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:14am On Dec 20, 2014
A Key To Victorious Living - Saturday, December 20th .

Pastor Chris

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth forever (Psalm 111:10).

In Matthew 22:29, while in dialogue with the Sadducees, Jesus said to them, “...Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.” People make mistakes, and go wrong in their choices and actions, because they lack revelation knowledge of what the Spirit of God can do through the power of God’s Word in their lives. The Word of God is the wisdom of God, and to walk outside the Word is to walk in error.

The accurate teaching of the Word of God is so important. Many Christians around the world are taught God’s Word, but not the accurate teaching of it. This explains why some aren’t living victoriously, because for anyone to live a victorious life, he has to understand the Scriptures first. When the Word is taught accurately, it not only imparts faith to you, but also makes you strong and effective in your walk of faith.

Ephesians 4:11-13 tells us something that the Lord did: He gave the five-fold ministry gifts for the benefit of the Church. Look at it: “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.” How important this is! This is why every Christian must be a member of a church where God’s Word is taught, and accurately too.

Christianity is founded on the Word, and sustained by the Word. Therefore, you can only be victorious by the Word. Study the Word by yourself, and for yourself, and make certain to get accurate teaching of the same, so you can increase in knowledge, and be able to deal excellently in the affairs of life as God will have you do.

Confession...
Thank you, Lord, for your Word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path. I live victoriously today because I live by the Word. My path is as the shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day. I experience the glory of the Word today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. ;

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 12, Micah 6-7
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 16:11-21, Zephaniah 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:53am On Dec 21, 2014
“Filled With All The Fullness Of God! - Sunday, December 21st .

Pastor Chris

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God (Ephesians 3:19).

From our opening verse, we understand that it's the will of God that we’re filled with all the fullness of God. Could this be real? Is this truly possible? Emphatically yes! He tells us to be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18), and if you’re filled with the Spirit, you're filled with God, for the Spirit is Himself God!

Imagine every member of the body of Christ being filled with God; not filled with doubt, unbelief or fear, but with God! What an extraordinary life of glory we would all be living! Then you'd understand Christianity as a life of "...joy unspeakable and full of glory” (1 Peter 1:cool. Think about God’s people all around the world, going into Church for service, full of the Spirit: joyful, radiant, and exuberant with praise! That’s God’s plan; that’s His will for us—to be replete with His fullness—nothing is left out.

We have something in our day that the prophets and priests of the Old Testament didn’t have: we have the capacity to contain the fullness of God’s Spirit, and be filled with His “maximum load.” The Greek word is “pleroma,” and it means the total or complete content of a vessel in its maximum capacity and entirety. That means everything the Father is, and has, is in you, because He lives in you.

Colossians 1:19 says it pleased the Father that in Jesus should all fullness (“pleroma”) dwell. When you saw Jesus, you saw the totality of Deity. No wonder He could say, “...He that hath seen me, hath seen the Father” (John 14:9). Now, the beauty of it all is that you’re in Him, and He’s in you. Colossians 2:10 says, “And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power.” That means there’s nothing of God that’s supposed to be in you that’s not already in you. Your humanity has been supplanted by the life and nature of God. Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit. I live everyday conscious that I’m filled with the totality of Deity. Lord, I thank you for my life is continually characterized by victory, success, abundance, and the supernatural, because divinity is at work in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. ;

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 13:1-10, Nahum 1-3
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 17:1-10, Haggai 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:46am On Dec 22, 2014
Confession Brings Us The Blessings Of Salvation - Monday, December 22nd .

Pastor Chris

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:10).

Our opening verse says you believe with your heart, and are made right with God; however, with the mouth, confession (Greek: homologeo) is made unto salvation. It is your confession that activates and causes the blessings of salvation to be actualized in your life, so don’t be quiet. Speak the Word always.

There’re those who say Christianity is of the heart, so you don’t have to say anything; just keep it in your heart, to yourself. Well, that’s not Christianity! You can’t know the Word of God and be quiet; more so, the Bible says, “with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” There’re tremendous blessings in salvation, and to enjoy them, you’ve got to be a talker; a Word-talker.

Salvation is a big word; it encapsulates all the beautiful results of the redemptive work of Christ: salvation, divine life, healing and health, freedom, liberty, preservation, deliverance, etc. These are all in the blessings of salvation; they all came in one package. If perhaps, you’ve been in a mess or have found yourself in some predicament, what you need to do is to confess the Word, and by your confessions, you catapult yourself to the glorious liberty of the sons of God.

It doesn’t matter how deep in the dungeon you find yourself; it doesn’t matter how overwhelming the problem is, confess the Word and you’ll come out victoriously. You might want to ask, “How do I confess the Word?” Confession is your response in agreement with the Word.

For example, you may feel headaches, but what do you say in such a situation? Someone may say, “O, my head is really aching”; that’s the wrong confession. You ought to say, “I have the life of God in me, therefore, every fibre of my being, from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet, is vitalized by the Spirit of God that lives in me! I’m healthy and strong.”

You’re not an ordinary person; you’re born of God; you’re born of His Word, and must therefore live by the Word. We’re victorious by the Word on our lips—the words we speak in agreement with God’s Word.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for my glorious life and heritage of greatness in Christ; thank you for making me one with you, and granting me the grace to live victoriously everyday, in health, prosperity, joy, liberty and safety. The power of your Word, and the Holy Spirit in me, puts me over in every situation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 6:2
Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth. ;

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 13:11-14:1-20, Habakkuk 1-3
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 17:11-18, Haggai 2

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:44am On Dec 23, 2014
Celebrating Divine Life - Tuesday, December 23rd .

Pastor Chris

…I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (John 10:10).

As we bask in the euphoria of the yuletide season, it’s important to understand who Jesus is, and what He actually came to do. Jesus is not a religious leader; He didn’t come to establish a religion. There’re many who think He came to show us how to do good things, and live the good life; that’s not what He came to do. He came to give us life. Therefore, Christmas is the celebration of the divine life—the God-kind of life that we have received in Christ Jesus.

God made us humans, but wanted us to have His life and nature. His plan was to make us associates of the God-kind, not just to live as mere men. That’s the reason He sent Jesus to the world, to live, die, and come back to life, and make it possible for men to receive the life of God: “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life...” (1 John 5:11-12).

How can anyone receive this life and nature of God today? It’s through faith in what Christ has done. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Anyone who believes, receives. Eternal life—the life and nature of God—is imparted to you the moment you make Jesus the Lord of your life. This life is one of righteousness, glory, victory, success and excellence.

Religion would have men believe they can only receive this life when they get to heaven, but eternal life is the present-hour possession of the one who believes in Jesus Christ. Man, in all his self-righteousness, is nothing before the Lord, until he receives this glorious life in him. If you haven’t been born again, you can do so even now, and become a partaker of this glorious, supernatural life, by asking Jesus to be the Lord of your life.

Confession...
The life and nature of God is at work in me, in every fibre of my being, in every cell of my blood and in every bone of my body. I’m thus an overcomer, victorious and triumphant over sickness, disease and circumstances. I’m superior to the devil and the negative system of this world. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. ;

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 15, Zephaniah 1-3
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 18:1-12, Zechariah 1-2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:56am On Dec 24, 2014
Christmas Is All About Jesus - Wednesday, December 24th .

Pastor Chris

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).

Christmas is all about Jesus: who He is, and what He came to do. Christmas is a season to reflect on the special kind of life that Jesus came to give us. So, the underlined portion of our opening scripture shows us God’s plan: Christ in you, the hope of glory. Do you know what it means for Christ to be in a man? Contemplate this for a moment: if it’s true that Christ lives in you, what should that make you?

The Church is yet to get a hold of this reality. Christ literally lives in you; He has taken up His abode in the quarters of your heart—your spirit. This knowledge should make you live triumphantly every minute, and every second of the day. You’re a champion for life; nothing can put you down because Christ lives in you. This is what Christmas is about; it’s about Christ in you!

Christ Jesus, the Word, became flesh (John 1:14); the Word was born to live in you; now He abides in you forever through the Holy Spirit. If Christ doesn’t live in you, then you can’t understand Christmas. You only have heard a story, but you’ve got to believe the story. Christmas means that Jesus came for you: to live in you, and live through you. So, accept Him today, and His purpose will be fulfilled in your life.

When you receive Him, He comes to live in you, and that means glory has come: Christ in you is the hope of glory. When you receive Christ, you receive the glory. He comes to live in your heart, and He makes you one with the Father.

Now that you know this, let the whole world know about it. Spread this great joy of Christmas and its wonderful meaning, by telling someone about Christ.

Prayer...
Blessed Father, I thank you for Christmas: a time to celebrate the glorious life I have in Christ Jesus, who is my righteousness, peace, and joy, and by whom I’m shielded from the evil and pestilence of life, covered by your glory. As the world celebrates this season, I pray that today, many who are yet to be saved will hear and open their hearts to receive the Gospel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 18:11
For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.;

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 16, Haggai 1-2
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 18:13-24, Zechariah 3-4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:02am On Dec 25, 2014
The Glory Has Come - Thursday, December 25th .

Pastor Chris

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one (John 17:22).

In our opening verse, Jesus was talking to the Father in prayer about His disciples; He said, “The glory that you gave me, I have given to them.” This is amazing! I want you to know that the prayer is for us too, because in the same scripture, He said, “Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word” (John 17:20). So Jesus prayed for us as well, and gave us the same glory that the Father gave Him.

This should get you thinking! If Jesus says the glory that the Father gave Him, He’s given to us, what would this mean? Notice He didn’t say, “I shall give them”; He said, “I have given them.” The question is, “Have you received it?” You know, it’s one thing to be given something; it's another thing to accept or receive it. The good news is, when you received Christ, you received the glory and became one with the Father.

The Bible says Jesus Christ is the effulgence of the Father's glory (Hebrews 1:3); that’s exactly what He’s made us—the effulgence of His glory, because as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). This is what Christmas is to us. Christmas means that you’re in Christ now and that you have His life and nature in you. Christ is in you now, which means glory has come! Think on this as you celebrate today! As often as you can in the course of the day, say, “Father, I thank you; I’m your glory, and I express who I am today. Christ in me means glory in my life!”

Prayer...
Heavenly Father, I thank you for your great love which you expressed in sending Jesus to the world to make us one with you, even when we didn't deserve it. Lord, I thank you for the glory and oneness I share with you; I pray that all around the world, this season, Christ will be exulted and magnified, resulting in a great harvest of souls, as your children spread the message of salvation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. ;

Ephesians 1:11-12 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 17, Zechariah 1-3
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 19:1-10, Zechariah 5-6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:18am On Dec 26, 2014
Be Of Good Cheer! - Friday, December 26th .

Pastor Chris

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world (John 16:33).

These words of the Master give us the assurance of a victorious life. It doesn’t matter what you faced in the outgoing year, rejoice in the Lord, and celebrate His victories in your life. This is important because as we journey in life, we must have times of reflection: moments when we look back and see what the Lord has done, and then project into the future, into the greater glory that He has in store for us.

The Bible says in Psalm 16:6 (CEV), “You make my life pleasant, and my future is bright.” Blessed thought! God has a bright future for you, and He loves to let you know about the future He’s planned for you, and endows you with the speed and power of the Spirit into that glorious future. No matter what you experience along the path, it'll always be for your good, and for your glory. Therefore, like the Apostle Paul, rejoice and say, “...None of these things move me” (Acts 20:24). Set your focus on the Lord and His Word, because there'll always be distracting influences here and there, trying to pull you off the goal, but refuse to turn away; stay on the Word and you’d be sure to experience victory, success and triumph.

You might say, “2014 hasn’t really been for me a year of greatness, because of the enormous problems and challenges that I faced.” It actually depends on what you are looking at. Remember, a man's worth is measured, not by the number of his friends or by the good things that happen with him, but by the challenges that he faces, and the power of his enemies. In other words, the bigger the trouble, the greater you really are!

As you prepare for 2015, be grateful for the challenges and difficulties that came your way, because they were opportunities for God to manifest His greatness in your life. Halleluiah.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the revelations of your Word that inspire faith in my spirit, and produce great testimonies in my life. I’m confident of the greater glory that lies ahead, for my path is as the shining light that shines more and more unto the perfect day. You perfect all that concerns me, and for this I'm exceedingly grateful, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. ;

James 1:2
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; ;

Acts 20:22-24
And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: 23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. 24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 18, Zechariah 4-6
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 19:11-21, Zechariah 7-8

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:35am On Dec 27, 2014
Fast, Pray And Minister To The Lord! - Saturday, December 27th .

Pastor Chris

As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them (Acts 13:2).

When you take out time to fast and pray, and minister to the Lord, you discipline your flesh in submission to the Word. This makes your spirit more receptive to God’s Spirit, breaking down the resistance of your human senses, thus aiding your spirit to pray more correctly.

Fasting also positions you rightly for God’s Word to come to you. God may have been speaking to you, but you may not have picked His signals. But when you fast and pray, your spirit is conditioned to receive the guidance and direction He’s giving you about your job, finances, family, academics, the future, something that’s dear to you or that you’re interested in.

Learn to apply the principle in Acts 13; don't stop at fasting and praying, also learn to minister to the Lord. In the church at Antioch, there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon Lucius, and Manaen, including Paul. The Bible says, “As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said…” (Acts 13:2). Notice that they didn’t have to cry, “Lord, speak to us; we want to hear your voice; speak!” No. They just ministered to Him and He spoke. It’s that simple.

This is God’s will and purpose: He desires to talk to you personally and to have you understand Him clearly. He wants to do that for you more than you want it. The truth is, He’s been doing it. But when your spirit is clouded with other matters, you can’t hear Him clearly. That’s the reason for fasting.

We don’t fast so God can hear our prayers, or so we can convince Him to do something for us. Fasting helps to position you where His Word can come to you, lift you, energize you, and position you to be in sync with His perfect will.

Prayer...
Dear Father,I thank you for the opportunity to fast, pray and minister to you and condition my spirit to receive visions of the glorious future you’ve prepared for me, visions of guidance, and visions of the Kingdom. I walk in absolute victory and dominion in the coming year, knowing you’ve already perfected all that concerns me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Acts 14:23
And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed. ;

John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: ;

Acts1:14
These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 19:1-10, Zechariah 7-8
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 20:1-15, Zechariah 9-10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:03am On Dec 28, 2014
Your True Origin And Identity - Sunday, December 28th .

Pastor Chris

They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world (John 17:16).

There’re those who say that having received the life of Christ, you still have your old nature. That's not true, according to the Scriptures. You don’t have two natures; you have only one, and it's the nature of God. The question however is, “Where do you live? With what consciousness do you function?” As Christians, we live simultaneously in two worlds. Once you're born again, you’re alive to God; you’re awakened to the fatherhood of God and to the reality of the Kingdom of God.

You must realize that you’re a new creation, born of the Word and Spirit of the Lord. Therefore, even though you’re in this world, you're not of the world. When the Lord Jesus said, “I’m from above”; the Jews sneered at Him. They knew He was born physically in Nazareth; yet He said to them, “I’m from above.” They were offended at Him because they didn’t understand spiritual realities.

Jesus told the truth about His origin and identity. Like Him, you're from above. You have the same life and nature with Him. This is who you are now; not who you’re “trying” or “growing” to be. When a woman gives birth, the baby doesn't become more human as he grows. No matter how small the baby is at birth or the fact that he doesn’t walk immediately, can't sit, eat, and talk; he's still completely human. It’s the same with you; you’re hundred percent divine. You're of God; you hail from Him. Your origin is in Him. You're not of this world! This is the reality.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for my origin and identity in Christ. I refuse to operate by the failing principles that govern the world’s systems. I operate by a higher and different set of rules, for I'm from above; separated from the world unto the glory-life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. ;

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 19:11-21, Zechariah 9-11
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 21:1-12, Zechariah 11-12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:42am On Dec 29, 2014
Your Future Is History With God - Monday, December 29th .

Pastor Chris

(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were (Romans 4:17).

Abraham was called the Father of Faith because of the extraordinary faith he demonstrated. At age seventy-five, God appeared to him and said, “I have made thee a father of many nations.” Even though Abraham didn’t have a child at the time, and was called “Abram,” meaning “assumed father,” God could see that the man was already a father of many nations. He’s the God that quickens (gives life) to the dead, and calls things that didn’t exist as though they already existed. To God, Abraham’s future was history.

God’s Word to Abraham, that he (Abraham) would be the father of many nations already established Abraham’s future. God didn’t have to do anything more to change Abraham’s status from being childless. However, it was up to Abraham to take a hold of God’s Word and run with it.

One day, God brought him out in the night-time and told him to look up in the sky and count the stars (Genesis 15:5). Abraham tried but couldn’t number them, for they were uncountable. Then God said to him, “so shall thy seed be.” At that point, Abraham believed, and it was accounted to him for righteousness (Romans 4:3).

As Christians, we're the seed of Abraham, and it makes no difference what point you are in life; God has established a glorious future for you. He said, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end" (Jeremiah 29:11). Your future is history with Him. Therefore, refuse to fret or worry over anything. By yourself, you can’t know the path of life that brings success, joy, victory and prosperity, but the Holy Spirit knows, and He’ll lead you in the path of greatness. Cheer up; your future is bright.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for who I am in Christ. I’m the seed of Abraham and the world belongs to me. I refuse to worry or fret over anything because all things are mine already. You've made my life pleasant and my future is bright; for these I praise you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 16:6 CEV
You make my life pleasant, and my future is bright. ;

Isaiah 45:2
I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: ;

Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 20, Zechariah 12-14
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 21:13-27, Zechariah 13-14

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:05am On Dec 30, 2014
Prepare Your Heart For The Word - Tuesday, December 30th .

Pastor Chris

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty (Matthew 13:23).

In Acts 17:11, Luke, by the inspiration of the Spirit, compares the Jews who heard the Word in one city to those who heard the Word in another city. He wrote that those in Berea “...were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.” Those in Thessalonica had a different response to the same message of the Gospel, compared to those in Berea, whom the Spirit describes as “more noble.”

Do you know what it is for the Spirit of God to tell us that certain people were nobler than others? What was the distinguishing factor? The answer lies in the same verse 11: “...They received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.” Those in Berea searched the scriptures; they studied to be sure that what they had been taught was really what the Word says. They received the Word with all readiness of mind. That means they prepared their hearts to receive the Word.

There’re people who go to church all around the world, without preparing their minds to receive the Word of God. Don’t be that way. It’s important to prepare your heart to seek the Lord (2 Chronicles 12:14, 2 Chronicles 30:19). Become voracious for the Word; let your heart go out for the Word. Let nothing distract you from receiving the Word. Those in Thessalonica received the Word with arguments; they argued in their minds against the Word; they weren’t ready for the Word.

Throughout the coming year, as you carefully study the Rhapsody of Realities devotional, and follow either the one-year or two-year Bible reading plan, receive all that the Lord has for you with readiness of mind. If you’d give the Word the right attention, you’d be amazed what God will do in your life, the revelations He’ll bring into your spirit to catapult you to higher realms of glory.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for showing me the benefits of preparing my heart to receive your engrafted Word into my Spirit. I have a voracious appetite for the Word, for it’s the only dependable material to build my spirit, through the power of the Holy Spirit. I’m therefore positioned for a life of absolute success and prosperity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 4:11-14
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; ;

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 21, Malachi 1-2
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 22:1-10, Malachi 1-2

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:05am On Dec 31, 2014
Divine Protection Is Your Heritage! - Wednesday, December 31st .

Pastor Chris

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD (Isaiah 54:17).

As Christians, there’re certain things that have been handed over or bequeathed to us as a heritage. Divine protection is one of them; it’s your heritage in Christ. Our opening scripture says, “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD” (Isaiah 54:17). This scripture was a promise in the Old Testament, but it has become a reality for us in the New Testament.

Romans 8:1 says, “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” This is also your heritage in Christ. You can't be judged anymore. This makes you a master over life and circumstances. Luke 10:19 says nothing shall by any means hurt you; that means you’re impregnable to everything and anything that the enemy can conceive or concoct against you, physical or spiritual. Thus, it’s impossible to defeat you.

Isaiah 43:2 says, “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.” Could it get any better than this? What a life we have in Christ! Keep going upward and forward, for the Lord is your refuge and your fortress. He's our salvation and deliverer from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

No wonder He says, “Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that waste that noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways” (Psalm 91:5-11). Glory to His Name forever!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for my heritage in Christ; divine protection is mine. No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against me in judgment, I condemn. My life is a manifestation of the Word; therefore, victory is mine, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 149:5-
9 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds. 6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; 7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; 8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; 9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord. ;

Luke 10:18-19
18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 22, Malachi 3-4
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Revelation 22:11-21, Malachi 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:08am On Jan 01, 2015
Set Your Priorities Right - Thursday, January 1st .

Pastor Chris

...Martha, dear Martha, you’re fussing far too much and getting yourself worked up over nothing. One thing only is essential, and Mary has chosen it...
(Luke 10:41-42 MSG).

In life, many are more preoccupied with learning more about their work, how to be better in running their family, business, managing their finances, etc. While this is good and commendable, all of those things will never make you a complete person; they’ll never bring you to the place that the Spirit of God wants you to be. The most important thing in your life—your greatest pursuit—should be getting a hold of God’s Word, knowing it, and living in it; having the Word build your life and mould your character. Make this your number one goal as you set your priorities for the year. Continue...

Consider what happened in Luke 10: Jesus visited Mary and Martha in their home. Martha, Mary’s elder sister, didn’t quite give attention to what was most important. Soon as Jesus arrived, she hurried into the kitchen to fix Him a meal, thinking to give the Master a good treat. However, Mary, with great excitement, sat at the feet of the Master to get nothing but the Word. She must have thought, “The Master in my house? This is an opportunity of a lifetime to get my life improved!” Thus, she chose to sit before the Master, taking a hold of every Word that He taught. She had her priorities right.

Read again in our opening verse, the Master’s commendation of her faith and passion for the Word, despite Martha’s complaints that she had left her to do the chores all by herself. It reminds of another of Jesus’ encounter with a woman at the well of Samaria. He had asked the woman for a drink of water, and she declined. Then Jesus said to her, “...If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water” (John 4:10). Like this woman, if Martha had known who Jesus was, she would have been asking for “food” from Him, not trying to get Him some.

Take a cue from Mary. Set your priorities right by giving adequate attention to the Word. The Word is the real foundation for everything.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for giving me your Word, the material to build my life, and strengthen my faith; my understanding is enlightened to know the mysteries of your Kingdom, and walk in your perfect will, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 37:4
Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. ;

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 1, Genesis 1-2
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 1:1-14, Genesis 1

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:41am On Jan 02, 2015
Never Alone. - Friday, January 2nd.

Pastor Chris

...for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you) ... (Hebrews 13:5 AMP).

As a child of God, you’re never alone; you’ve never been, and will never walk alone as long as you have the Holy Spirit in you. He lives in, and with you—not for a time, but for all time. Part of His ministry in your life is to stay in fellowship with you, strengthening your faith and stirring up courage in you to do the will of God, and fulfil your calling.

Encourage the work and ministry of the Holy Spirit in your life through your conscious appreciation of His indwelling and abiding presence. Perhaps you’re out on evangelism, witnessing to others about Christ; know that you’re not alone. As you minister and share the Word, He’s there, confirming the Word in the hearts of those to whom you’re ministering; He’s ministering together with you.

Any time you feel you’re alone or feel as though you’re not making impact the way you ought to, remember and recognize that the Holy Spirit is in, and with you. Acknowledge His presence and work in you, as Jesus did. Jesus said, “...the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works” (John 14:10). He recognized the Holy Spirit as the Father that dwelt in Him, working in, and through Him.

Recognize that your Father (the Holy Spirit) lives in you; He’s much more than an influence, a prophecy or an inspiration; He’s your Father, your guide and your keeper. Trust Him with your life and you’ll always be a success. He’s the true Helper: the One you can rely on, and trust, to bring you out of any difficult situation.

If you’re experiencing some challenges right now, perhaps with your finances, health, academics, marriage, business, or career, don’t fret; you’re not alone. Don’t go seeking help from men; set your attention and affection on the Holy Spirit; He never fails. Read again, His reassuring and comforting words to you in our opening scripture, and ponder on the emphasis in the underlined portion.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the Holy Spirit, my teacher, my guide and my keeper; the Father that dwells in me! I’m a success, a victor and a champion for life, by the Holy Spirit who lives in me and performs wonders through me. I acknowledge and take advantage of His presence in my life, and nothing is impossible to me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 14:26;
But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.

Matthew 28:19-20
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 2, Genesis 3-5
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 1:15-28, Genesis 2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:31am On Jan 03, 2015
He Needs You! - Saturday, January 3rd.

Pastor Chris

The heaven, even the the heavens, are the Lord's: but the earth hath he given to the Children of men
(Psalm 115:16)

If you had a house and leased it to someone, it remains yours, but for the period of the lease, you have no authority over that house.

In the same way, God has given man this world to run, and for the time being, He can't run the world by himself; He's given you the authority to do that. The time will come for Him to run the world but until then, you and I have the devine responsibility to run the world for Jesus Christ, and He hold us accountable for how we ran our world.

Many, including Christians, analyze the events and happenings in the world and wonder why God isn't "doing" anything to right the wrongs. Well, if you're waiting on God to do something, you're making a mistake. He needs you. He doesn't, and wouldn't do anything without you, until the lease runs out, and a new heaven and a new earth takes its place. However, until then, the responsibility is ours to tame and subdue this world.

Look out it this way: God want us healthy and sound, and stated it as His desire for us. 3 John 1:2, "Beloved, I. Wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as they soul propereth. "Yet. In James 5;16, He said, "Confess your faults one to another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. "

Why is that? Why does he want us to pray for one another so that we may be healed? Why doesn't He heal us? It's because He needs the right to take action on our behalf; so, He charged us to pray. Therefore, take your place as a joint heir with Christ and fufil your purpose here on earth. Read Romans 8:19-21; it puts it in perspective: "For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God." He needs you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your power and ability vested in me to run this world. I'm your seed, prolonging your days here on earth. Therefore, I fufil my divine responsibility of bringing men and women into their inheritance in Christ, through the Gospel, in Jesus' Name Amen

Further Study:
Isaiah 53:10
Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Jeremiah 51:20-21
Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms;21 And with thee will I break in pieces the horse and his rider; and with thee will I break in pieces the chariot and his rider;

Daily Scripture Reading:

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 3, Genesis 6-8
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 2:1-12, Genesis 3

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:47am On Jan 04, 2015
Know your purpose in Him - Sunday, January 4th.

Pastor Chris

...To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world... (John 18:37).

''Is it easy for one to find out His purpose on earth from the Lord?" Someone might ask. Emphatically yes! He's a master communicator. If you'd ask Him about His purpose for your life, He'll talk about His purpose for your life, He'll talk to you in a language that you'd understand; He'll lead you in life into that which He has called you to be. All you have to say is "Lord, guide my spirit; I want to be all that you want me to be; lead me into that which you have chosen me for." Then, follow your spirit, as He leads you.

There're times that the Spirit of God could strengthen your heart towards something or against a particular thing. That's an indication of His guidance in your spirit. When He strengthens your heart against a particular thing, it may not necessarily be because that thing is wrong, but because the timing might be wrong. Nonetheless, if you'd listen to Him in your spirit and follow the Word, you'll walk in His perfect will always. He'll make you a success at every level of your life.

Perhaps you were wondering and thinking what new investments to undertake, what new frontiers to chart or what business to embark on. Listen to Him in your spirit and He'll guide you aright. Often, we say any project, business or vision that's good for people and glorifies God is okay; but that's in the general class. There're specific things that are peculiar to you as a person; which means even though such may be good for God and good for people, God may not want you particularly to go into it.

This is the reason you must find out your purpose in Him and know for yourself what direction to take in fulfilling the destiny that He has for you. That's why we learn the word of God, and get the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in our lives. The more you recognize His voice within your spirit, understand His word, and live by it, the clearer His voice will be within you for everything in life. That way, you'll never be confused about what to do, where to go etc; you'd become the revelation of God's will in your daily walk.

Prayer...
Blessed Father, thank you for leading me in the paths of success, victory, and rest by the Holy Spirit, who is my all. I'm completely yielded to Him as He leads me to make accurate decisions, and walk in the center of your perfect will, always, in Jesus' Name. Amen

Further Study:
Act 26:16
But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Daily Scripture Reading:

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 4, Genesis 9-11
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 2:13-23, Genesis 4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:39am On Jan 05, 2015
Maintaining Inspiration - Monday, January 5th .

Pastor Chris

Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavor; be aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord (Romans 12:11 AMP).

One of the striking benefits of prevailing prayer and meditating on the Word is that they help you maintain the fire of the Spirit. The only way I’ve kept my spirit aglow for so many years is through prevailing prayer, and consciously setting my mind to meditate on the Word. It doesn’t matter what you’ve studied or known about God; it doesn’t even matter what blessings you receive from the Lord; if you’re not a praying person, you’ll lose the spiritual fervour or glow that comes with the Word.

There’s something about the Word of God that has power. It’s not in the words and how they sound; it's not even in the message itself that it communicates; no. It’s in the power of the Spirit that’s wrapped up in it. Recall what we read in our opening verse: The Moffat’s translation uses the phrase, “Maintain the glow,” for “fervent in Spirit.” There’s a glow of the Spirit in your life that you must maintain through fellowship with the Lord in prayer and meditation on the Word.

Something that meditation does for you is that it drives the Word deep into your spirit and causes it to mingle with your spirit. So, when you study the Word of God, meditate on it; that means, mutter it! When you read or hear the Word, as the case maybe, say it aloud to yourself repeatedly so that it gains the ascendancy in your spirit until it becomes a part of you. Then the glory of it will be manifested in your life.

Prayer, on the other hand, is equally very impactful on your spirit. The importance of prayer isn’t so much about the answer that you receive when you pray, but the impact your fellowship with the Lord in prayer has on your spirit; it causes your spirit to glow. Every time you pray, your spirit becomes even more glorious than it was before you began praying. That glory is retained in your inner man and then you find yourself walking in the paths of destiny; you find yourself being at the right place, at the right time, doing the right things.

Be aglow in the Spirit, through prayer and study of the Word!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the power of your Word and prayer on my spirit. Your Word builds me up, and causes me to walk in your perfect will always. And when I pray, I’m transfigured; my inner man is built up like an edifice, higher and higher, and my spirit is glorified. I’m aglow with the Spirit, serving the Lord, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Luke 18:1
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; ;

Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. ;

Jude 1:20 AMP
But you, beloved, build yourselves up [founded] on your most holy faith [make progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], praying in the Holy Spirit;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:1-20, Genesis 12-14
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 3:1-9, Genesis 5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:15am On Jan 06, 2015
The Fullness Of The Blessings Of The Gospel - Tuesday, January 6th .

Pastor Chris

And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ (Romans 15:29).

Could this be possible in the earth? Can a man have, and walk in the fullness of the blessing of the Gospel? Emphatically yes! We just read it. Paul, as he planned his missionary journey to the Roman Christians, via Spain, was convinced he’d be carrying in him, and with him, the fullness of the blessing of the Gospel. This is extraordinary. It completely debunks the erroneous and religious belief that as long as we’re in the earth, we can never have the fullness of God’s blessing.

It’s important for us to understand the greatness and infinite wisdom and power of almighty God; He’s the author and creator of “fullness.” This was what gave the Apostle Paul the audacity of faith to make such a bold declaration of the Word. He walked in the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel of Christ, and hoped to visit the Christians in Rome to impart the same to them.

What does this mean to you even now? Are you aware that you can, and should, walk in the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel of Christ? The very thought of it, the understanding of it will completely revolutionize your life. Consider Peter; He also understood this and functioned accordingly. No wonder he declared that we’re associates of the God-kind (2 Peter 1:4); we belong in God’s class, and should therefore live with this consciousness.

John, writing to the Church, said, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4). These men understood what it meant to walk in the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel of Christ; they knew what Christ had made us and they spoke and lived accordingly. The Bible says, “Of His fulness,” talking about Christ, “have we all received…” (John 1:16). You received the fullness of God’s blessing when you received Christ, because Christ is EVERYTHING! Walk in this light, for the fullness of God is in Christ, who is in you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the revelation of your Word to me; my life is improved! I’m a partaker of the divine nature. I live in the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel of Christ. I’m joined to the Lord and that makes me impregnable and more than a conqueror, winning everyday by your grace, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 10:22
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it. ;

John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:21-48, Genesis 15-17
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 3:10-17, Genesis 6

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:11am On Jan 08, 2015
You’re Extraordinary - Thursday, January 8th .

Pastor Chris

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you (John 14:26).

Have you ever imagined the fact that the creator of the universe resides in you, in His totality? The Holy Spirit beautified the heavens. The Bible says, “By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens…” (Job 26:13). This awesome Third Person of the Godhead made everything in the universe; yet, He chose to live in you. Think about it. 1 Corinthians 3:16 states clearly that you’re the temple of God, and that the Holy Spirit lives in you. Have you ever considered why? It’s because you’re important to the Father.

God made it so, for the Holy Spirit to live in you, because you’re important to Him and He wants you to be just like Him. He gave you His Spirit—the same Spirit He has—to live in you and make you fulfilled in life and full of joy, such that anything you get involved with will be full of glory; so you can be a success in anything and everything.

As a child of God, you’re the unveiling of the person of the Holy Spirit. He expresses Himself through you. He talks to you, and also talks through you. He leads and guides you; yet, He moves you; He propels you in the way that you should go: the way of righteousness. He's such a unique and awesome personality. If you're born again, be glad about the Holy Spirit; He’s the beauty of Christianity. He's the glory of your life. Acknowledge this about Him always, and live with that consciousness.

Step out with confidence, every day, and reach out to your world with the Gospel of Christ, knowing that the One that’s been called to go along with you is the greatest of all. He’s made you invincible and extraordinary, a super being indeed!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for leading and guiding me in life by your Spirit; I go forth in confidence today, knowing that I’m backed by deity. My life is full of glory and I succeed in all endeavours, because the Holy Spirit is the essence, beauty, and glory of my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 14:16-17
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. ;

John 15:4-5
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 6:19-7:6, Genesis 20-22
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 4:12-25, Genesis 8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:26am On Jan 09, 2015
His Liquid Love · Friday, January 9th ·

Pastor Chris

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him (Romans 5:8-9).

Pastor Chris
The message of Jesus Christ is encapsulated in one thought: It’s about His liquid love, His life, forgiveness and righteousness. His love is liquid because it flows. The Bible talks about the love that the Father poured out lavishly—like water upon all men—through Christ Jesus. Such extraordinary love did He express and direct towards us, that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. He didn’t die for us because we were living right; no. He did it while we were yet sinners. That’s love indescribable; liquid-love extraordinaire.

When you understand this about Jesus, about His life, who He is, and the fact that He gave His life to save you, then you’ll understand what God thinks about you; how He values you. His vicarious death defines your value. He thought you were worth His life; so He gave His life in your place. This shows that you’re as valuable to the Father as Jesus is. No wonder the Lord Jesus, pouring out His heart to the Father in prayer, wanted the world to know that the Father has loved us even as He had loved Him (John 17:23).

How inspiring it is to know that Jesus gave His life, so that you may have it. The life you ought to live now should be the life of the Son of God; live His dream. Paul boldly declared in Galatians 2:20: "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Living by the faith of the Son of God means you’re living His dream; you’re living what He saw and thought that you could be, for which reason He died for you! What He saw in His mind about you: What He thought, what he wanted; His dream of what you could be!

Don’t live a lesser life. Live God’s dream, remembering His liquid love towards you. He thought you were valuable and special, wanted you, and gave Himself for you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for lavishly pouring out your love on me, demonstrating that I’m worth the life of your Son Jesus. Therefore, I’m motivated to reach out to sinners and win them to Christ. I’m compelled by your love to preach the Gospel to them, and turn them from sin unto righteousness, and from the power of Satan unto you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 3:17-19;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

1 John 4:8-10
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 year Bible reading plan: Matthew 7:7-29 Genesis 23-24
2 year Bible reading plan: Matthew 5:1-10 Genesis 9

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:16am On Jan 10, 2015
Make Your Tongue Your Tree Of Life - Saturday, January 10th .

Pastor Chris

A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit (Proverbs 15:4).

Using your mouth rightly is a vital key that unlocks the blessings of salvation in your life! Stressing the importance of this, 1 Peter 3:10-11 says, “For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile.” Though your tongue is small, it controls everything in your life; with it, you can chart your course in righteousness, dominion, success, and prosperity. There's no situation that can’t be changed, and no wound in your body that can’t be healed, if you'd make your tongue your own tree of life by declaring God’s Word over your life and situation.

The word, “wholesome” in our opening verse is translated from the Hebrew word, “marpe,” which means healing and health. A “wholesome” tongue, therefore, is a tongue that’s curative, a fountain of life, because it's filled with the Word of God!

Speak God’s Word; speak health, wellness, and life to your body; that’s what your mouth is for. Your mouth wasn’t given to you merely for eating and drinking; its greater use is for controlling your life. Your present position in life is the result of your “mouth-work.” Matthew 12:37 says, “For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned,” letting you know that you’re to regulate your life with your tongue: What you say is what you get!

Often times, there’re those who wonder why the circumstances of their lives, and their experiences, don't seem to align with the wonderful blessings and provisions of the Gospel, despite being born again for several years. The reason for this dilemma is that they haven’t made their tongue their own tree of life.

You can be anything you want to be, have anything you want to have, and achieve anything you want to achieve within God’s perfect will. The key is in regulating your life with your tongue, making your tongue your own tree of life!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your grace that has brought salvation to my spirit. With my mouth, I keep on proclaiming that all the blessings of salvation—health, prosperity, safety, wellness and wholeness—consummated by the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, are my present-hour possessions and vital realities of my daily existence, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. ;

Proverbs 6:2
Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 8:1-27, Genesis 25-26
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:11-20, Genesis 10

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:11am On Jan 11, 2015
Victory Assured - Sunday, January 11th .

Pastor Chris

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world (John 16:33).

Having given your heart to Christ, if you suddenly found that you’re being buffeted by all kinds of temptations, persecutions, and trials, don’t cower or allow your faith to dissipate. In the face of such daunting challenges, and seemingly overwhelming oppositions, declare, “I’m more than a conqueror!”

Remember what the Word says: “Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution” (2 Timothy 3:12). So when adversities come, don’t gripe; rather, maintain your composure because your victory is assured. The Lord Jesus made it clear that we would face tribulations, challenges and difficulties, and no one should be ignorant of that. Nevertheless, He assures us of victory all the way.

Isaiah 43:2 tells us, “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.” Notice He didn’t say there’ll not be trouble, no; but that it’ll be of none effect.

Recall the testimony of the three Hebrew boys in Daniel chapter 3: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. They were thrown into the fiery furnace; yet they came out of the raging inferno unscathed. Before their glorious deliverance, there was condemnation, rejection, false accusation, and hatred. So the story wasn’t only about their miraculous deliverance from fire, but also about the storm they weathered hitherto.

There’re things you might have to go through in life, as you carry out the ministry that the Lord has given to you; endure such with hope, confident that victory is assured. The Apostle Paul, attesting to this, writes, “We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed…” (2 Corinthians 4:8-9).

There’re adversaries on every side but in the midst of them all, the Word of God puts you over. Therefore, refuse to fear, for the Lord is with you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for leading me always to triumph, and helping me win every day, against every odd or adversity. I exercise my authority in Christ, over all the ability of the enemy, and I’m victorious now and always, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. ;

Psalm 34:19
Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all. ;

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 8:28-9:17, Genesis 27-28
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:21-30, Genesis 11

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Jan 12, 2015
Synchronize Your Believing With Your Confession - Monday, January 12th .

Pastor Chris

…For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:9-10).

“I believe what the Word says about my healing, prosperity, and victories; but I'm not experiencing them in my life. Oh God, why?” While this very statement rages in the minds of many, yet, the opening scripture gives a clear and unambiguous answer. Recall what we studied a couple of days ago: Making your tongue your own tree of life. Your “tongue-work,” which is your response to the Word, is so important.

Understand this: believing makes you right with God, and that’s wonderful, but that's not enough; you have to make confessions of that which you’ve believed. With your heart, you believe what God has said, but with your mouth you repeat, reiterate, re-echo what He has said; that’s what catapults you into the realms of what you have believed. Thus, to be saved, you don't stop at believing God raised Jesus from the dead; no! You have to confess the Lordship of Jesus over your life.

Your believing and your talking must come together; otherwise, you might think the reason things are working out right for others is because they’re more specially gifted than you are; but no! They've only learnt, and are applying, the principle of synchronizing their believing with their confessions. Act on the Word; make bold declarations about yourself on the basis of what God has said concerning you in His Word: “He has said, that you may boldly say…” (Hebrews 13:5-6). If you believe what He has said, say the same thing with your mouth.

For example, 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” Believe it, but don't stop there. Say the same thing because you agree with Him. Until you make that confession, and allow that truth take a hold of your spirit, you'll not walk in the realms of what you’ve believed; the vital experience of righteousness will elude you. So, in faith, you must synchronize your believing with your confessions.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me your Word and for showing me by your Spirit, the quality of life that you’ve called me to live. I believe in the finished works of Christ, and through my faith-filled confessions, I’m walking in the vital reality of my heritage in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 4:13
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; ;

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promisedwink

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 9:18-38, Genesis 29-30
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:31-40, Genesis 12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:08am On Jan 13, 2015
Privileged By His Grace - Tuesday, January 13th .

Pastor Chris

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord (1 Corinthians 1:9).

Isn’t it amazing that you’re called of God, and are given extraordinary participation in His Gospel programme? It's such a high and noble calling. None of us “qualified” to be a part of it, except that Christ Jesus gave us the grace and accepted us: “To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved” (Ephesians 1:6). How wonderful this is! It's something you ought to be eternally grateful for, because no one has the personal qualification to do anything in the Kingdom of God; it’s a glorious privilege to be called into fellowship with Him, and also carry out the ministry of reconciliation.

Remember that God is so great; He’s beyond our imagination; on our own, we couldn't even approach Him. Think about this: the Jewish Rabbis who copied the Scriptures, had to wash or bath whenever they got to the Name of God, as a purification routine, before proceeding to write the Name. Each time they needed to write His Name, they repeated the same cleansing ritual, because they highly regarded His holiness.

But you know, it doesn’t matter how many times you deep yourself in water; that's not what cleanses you. That’s why Jesus came to give us a new life, because it makes no difference how many drums of water you wash yourself with, it’ll never wash your spirit. And we didn’t need a washing of our spirit; we needed a washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost (Titus 3:5). That’s what Jesus accomplished for us.

Therefore, be grateful to God, for giving you responsibilities in His Kingdom; you’re privileged to be His partner in soul-winning, to be a part of His agenda in the earth. Therefore, put your best into whatever He’s called you to do. Put your best into serving Him. Serve Him with your spirit and function in love. Let love become your language, your message, way of life, and daily expression.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for counting me faithful putting me into the ministry. With my heart, I serve you diligently and faithfully, and daily express your love and undying affection to the hurting, bringing them into the fountain of your love, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 1:3-6
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. ;

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 10:1-23, Genesis 31-33
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 5:41-48, Genesis 13

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (108) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 256
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.