Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249874 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Mar 13, 2015
Our Source Of Power - Friday, March 13th .

Pastor Chris

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth (Acts 1:8 ).

Some people say, "A prayer-less Christian is a powerless Christian". But power doesn't come by prayer. In the New Testament, the word "power" is frequently translated from two words, namely: "dunamis" which is the dynamic ability to cause changes and "exousia" which is authority.

Jesus refers to power in our opening verse. You received it when the Holy Spirit came into your life; you didn't get it through the effect of prayer. On the other hand, 'exousia' or authority means delegated power. The effect and the efficacy of authority depends on the power that's behind it.

We've been given authority in Christ Jesus to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power (ability) of the enemy (Luke 10:19). The "power" that's behind our authority is the power of the Almighty God. This, again, didn't come by or through prayer; it was bequeathed to us in Christ as our heritage.

In Matthew 28:18, Jesus said, "...All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth". That word, "power" again is translated from the Greek word "exousia", authority. In the next verse He said, "Go ye therefore...." He delegated His authority to us immediately. Halleluiah!

It's important for us to know what we have in Christ Jesus; we have authority in His Name! We have power to effect changes and live the supernatural life every day. I would to God that Christians would know this! What impact and changes we'll make in this world!

You're fully equipped with divine power to preach the Gospel and change the world! That power is in you through the Holy Spirit.

Confession
The same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in me! Therefore, I triumph over circumstances! I walk in the supernatural, demonstrating the wisdom and character of the Holy Spirit, my sole source of power, strength, ability, and inspiration; He's made me a wonder to my world! Halleluiah!

Further Study:
John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; ;

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 15:21-47,Numbers 34-36
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 22:23-33,Exodus 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:43am On Mar 14, 2015
Salvation For All Men! - Saturday, March 14th .

Pastor Chris

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

The fourth chapter of St. Luke's Gospel tells the story of how the Lord Jesus went into the synagogue on a certain Sabbath day, and read from their book of Isaiah. He read the portion where it is written: "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord" (Luke 4:18-19).

I'll like you, however, to notice in particular, the nineteenth verse. Originally, Prophet Isaiah wrote, "To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn" (Isaiah 61:2). But the Master, in His reading, got to the part that says "the acceptable year of the Lord..." and closed the book. He deliberately left out the portion that says, "...and the day of vengeance of our God". Why? He did that because He didn't come for judgment and vengeance; He came to save all men.

Our opening verse underscores this reality; it says, "For God so loved the world, that He gave...." Notice it doesn't say, "For God so loved the world of the Christians, or the world of the Jews"; no; He so loved the world (of sinners) that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Jesus came so that all men may be saved, and have everlasting life. He affirmed this much when He said, "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved" (John 3:17).

No wonder, the Apostle Paul, addressing the Church elders in Ephesus said, "...I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace..." (Acts 20:32). The Lord Jesus came to reveal the grace of God. He came to let men know that what they didn't qualify for has been made available through the Gospel. This is the message that He's entrusted to us to take to the world.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege you've given me to extend your love to my world. I'm energized to be a dependable dispenser of your message of salvation to my world. As I preach the Gospel, the hearts of men are open to receive salvation. Thank you Father, for counting me worthy to be entrusted with the Gospel, and helping me fulfil this divine mandate, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Titus 2:11
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, ;

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 16:1-20,Deuteronomy 1-2
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 22:34-46,Exodus 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:07am On Mar 15, 2015
Faith To Please Him - Sunday, March 15th .

Pastor Chris

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:6).

To please God, you have to walk by faith. That's what our opening verse clearly underlines; it says, "But without faith it is impossible to please him...." Let me show you a picture here: Genesis 2:16-17 says, "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest, thereof thou shalt surely die." This was God instructing Adam not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; he could eat from any other tree in the Garden.

Now, in that garden was the tree of life; he didn't eat of it; he went for the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, the one God told him not to eat of. He ate of it and died. You may ask why God put that tree there; did He put it there to tempt Adam? No; Adam demonstrated a lack of faith in God when he chose to go contrary to God's clear instruction, and that choice brought death. Faith is the response of the human spirit to the Word of God, and to go contrary to the Word is to walk according to the flesh. Those that are in the flesh and are carnally minded can't please God.

Romans 8:6-8 tells us, "For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." If you live in the realm of the senses, you're like Adam, who unwittingly chose death instead of life. Meanwhile, God wants you to choose life and not death. He says, "...Choose life that you may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19).

Galatians 3:11 says the just shall live by faith. Living by faith means living in, and by the Word; believing and doing God's will. Anyone that believes in God and does His will has eternal life. When you have the life of God in you, you live out that life; manifesting His righteousness, living by faith in His Word. That's how to please Him.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for giving me your life and the faith to live it successfully. I do not walk by carnal reasoning and I do not try to justify myself by good works, but I live by faith and therefore, pleasing to you in every good work by the power of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments. ;

2 Corinthians 5:7
(For we walk by faith, not by sight: )

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 1:1-25, Deuteronomy 3-4
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 23:1-12, Exodus 24

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:58am On Mar 16, 2015
Life Has Come! - Monday, March 16th . 

Pastor Chris 

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life...(1 John 5:13). 

God wants us to know that eternal life is available to all men, and those who believe in Jesus receive it. That's why I can't stop preaching the Gospel; the whole world needs to know that the God-life is available to them now, through Christ. No one should live in pain, defeat, misery or under the dominion of sin anymore; no! There's a new life in Christ: a life of dominion, success, greatness, glory, and triumph! And it's for everyone to receive.

This is the life that a man would have, and will not see death. No wonder Jesus said, "I am telling you the truth: those who hear my words and believe in him who sent me have eternal life. They will not be judged, but have already passed from death to life" (John 5:24 GNB). Blessed be God! He didn't say, "...they shall pass from death to life", but that they have already passed from death to life. John said the same thing: "We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren..." (1 John 3:14). The one who's in Christ is born into the triumphant life. 

Sometimes, people experience such terrible problems and severe frustrations in their lives to the point that they wonder, "Can God really help me?" Oh, yes! Actually, He already did by sending Jesus and making eternal life available through Him. If Christ lives in you, it makes no difference what you're going through; He'll make you triumphant! His life in you makes you indomitable! 

This is the Gospel: We've got to tell the whole world that Christ has come, and therefore life has come. No more sickness; no more pain; no more defeat; and no more death! Now that Christ lives in you, you're not ordinary; you have the essence of divinity. Eternal life is in you now! Light has come into you and darkness is gone. Halleluiah! 

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for imparting eternal life into my spirit, through your Son Jesus Christ. The divine life in me destroys and renders the work of the devil futile in and all around me! I manifest your glory, wisdom, and righteousness today, and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

Further Study:
1 John 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. ; 

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 1:26-56, Deuteronomy 5-7
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 23:13-22, Exodus 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:18am On Mar 17, 2015
Triumphant In Him - Tuesday, March 17th .

Pastor Chris

And I got it, thank God! In the Messiah, in Christ, God leads us from place to place in one perpetual victory parade...(2 Corinthians 2:14 MSG).

A very important truth about who you are in Christ is that you're superior to Satan; you've overcome the world, and have crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts. You have dominion over sin, sickness, and death. Therefore, life, for you, is a perpetual victory parade! You're seated with Christ, far above all principality and power. That means you're in a place of authority with Christ, far above Satan and everything connected to him.

Don't accommodate sickness, disease or infirmity in your body! Don't let the devil toy with your family, business, job or finances. Cast him out, and walk in dominion and absolute victory! Some think that absolute victory isn't possible. That means they don't believe in what Jesus came to do. Jesus came to this world to give us absolute victory; He brought us into the transcendent life. He didn't come to give us a religion; no! He came to give us life, and through the Holy Spirit, help us live triumphantly every day - in dominion over the devil, the world, and the flesh.

Notice what He said in John 10:10 (AMP), "...I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)". Isn't that amazing? This is what God really wants for us; to have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance, to the full, till it overflows; it's a life of triumph!

Now, how can anyone enjoy life when things aren't going right? How can anyone enjoy life with sickness and pains? How can anyone enjoy life with shattered dreams, and troubles in the family? That's not God's best! His desire is for you to be in good health, to have all-round prosperity, and to live in absolute victory!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for giving me the life of absolute victory, dominion and glory. I live triumphantly today, taking advantage of your grace, and conscious of your wisdom and power that's at work in me, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. ;

1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. ;

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 1:57-80,Deuteronomy 8-10
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 23:23-39,Exodus 26

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:15am On Mar 18, 2015
Something More Than Material Possessions - Wednesday, March 18th .

Pastor Chris

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding (Proverbs 4:7).

The Bible says wisdom is good with an inheritance (Ecclesiastes 7:11); it matters the sort of inheritance you wish to bequeath to your children or the generation after you. Some think of inheritance only in terms of material possessions such as lands and houses; that's all they've got to give. There's nothing wrong with that, but remember, no one will carry lands and houses beyond the realms of this earth. This means that, there's something more than material possessions.

Ecclesiastes 7:12 says, "For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it." Both money and wisdom serve the same purpose of defence to the one who has them, but the excellency of knowledge, however, is that wisdom, in addition to being a defence, gives life to those that have it. Money can defend you, but it won't give you life.

Let's look at the experience of Peter and John in the encounter they had with a certain man who was crippled from birth, and sat at the gate of the temple called "Beautiful", begging for alms. He, no doubt, must have been getting silver and gold from the people as they came into the temple. However, on this particular occasion, Peter said to him, "...Look on us!...Silver and gold have I none, but such as I have, I give you: In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk" (Acts 3:4-6 KJV).

He then grabbed the man by the hand, and lifted him up, and an amazing miracle ensued! The man's anklebones received strength and he sprang to his feet, running, jumping, and praising God (Acts 3:6-cool. Peter and John knew they had something more than silver and gold. They had Christ, and the power of attorney to use the Name of Jesus. This is something more than gold, lands and houses.

If you're born again, the same Christ is in you; you have the power of attorney to use His Name to impact and bless your world, and make your life glorious.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the revelation of Christ in me; He's my life, my wisdom, and my all! Thank you for your Word, which is a light that guides my spirit, and for your instructions, that are life to me, in Jesus' Name. Amen!

Further Study:
Mark 8:36
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ;

Proverbs 16:16
How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 2:1-20,Deuteronomy 11-12
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 24:1-11,Exodus 27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by siverspooon(m): 9:45am On Mar 18, 2015
Amen
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Mar 19, 2015
Faith Doesn't Give Up! - Thursday, March 19th .

Pastor Chris

...for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you (Matthew 17:20).

Sometime ago, a young lady narrated how disappointed she was with God for not answering her prayer. According to her, she had prayed for her sister to receive healing, and did everything she knew to do, yet her sister died. She believed she had faith, but couldn't understand why she didn't get the results she expected.

Faith always works; if it didn't work, then it wasn't faith. God is always disposed to answering our prayers; the problem is always on the received end. This dear lady said she did everything she "knew to do", yet her sister died. Notice that she didn't say she did everything she was supposed to do, according to the Word of God. That's different from doing all that you know to do, because all you know may not be enough.

A lot of people just don't know what to do when trouble strikes, and because they lack the right knowledge, life whips them. That's why we teach, so people can know more of the Word of God. With adequate knowledge of God's Word, when the day of crisis comes, they'll know what to do. This lady was limited by the death of her sister, and she became disappointed at God; she thought God failed her. But that couldn't be true; God never fails! Death isn't the end.

Remember the story of Lazarus (John 11:1-45); the Lord Jesus was unruffled when He arrived four days after Lazarus had been buried! Nothing was too late or impossible for Him! He merely stood at the entrance of the cave, and called him by name: "Lazarus come forth!" and he came back alive. Faith never gives up.

When you didn't get the results you wanted, it wasn't God that disappointed you; rather, He was waiting for you to do something with the faith He gave you. He told us to cast out devils, heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, and raise the dead. So, it's up to you to effect changes in your world, and create your victorious and triumphant life by acting on the Word. Never give up on your faith, no matter the circumstances.

Confession...
My spirit is strengthened and enlightened; the entrance of God's Word into my spirit produces strong faith; and as I meditate on the Word, my victory, success and prosperity are assured, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ;

Mark 9:23
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 2:21-52,Deuteronomy 13-15
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 24:12-22,Exodus 28
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by siverspooon(m): 2:10pm On Mar 19, 2015
yes I need the wisdom of God

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
siverspooon:
yes I need the wisdom of God

It's your already the moment you got brn again. Bible let's me know that Christ HAS -not "will be"- been made unto us wisdom. He is my wisdom, if you have Him, you have wisdom buddy.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by siverspooon(m): 6:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
I have faith and my faith in God will start producing results in Jesus name I pray Amen
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:00am On Mar 20, 2015
Living Above Sin - Friday, March 20th . 

Pastor Chris 

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace (Romans 6:14). 

As a Christian, is it possible to live righteously, above sin? Emphatically yes! That's what Jesus accomplished for us. There're two reasons people sin: "fear" and "selfishness". But God has brought us faith and love to replace fear and selfishness. If you walk by faith, you can't live in fear. If you walk in love, you can't be selfish. Therefore, if you function in faith and love, you can't sin; nothing done by faith and love could ever be sin. 

Love is self-giving. When you love, you give. The Bible says, "for God so loved the world that He gave..." (John 3:16). Selfishness holds back; love, unlike selfishness, is considerate and puts others first. 1 John 4:18 says, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." If you're born again, you're born of love; you have the nature of love and righteousness, and can live above sin. 

However, if you do something wrong, the Bible says, "...we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins..." (1 John 2:1-2). Then 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." The word, "confess" is the Greek word, "homologia" and it means, "to make a declaration". However, in this context, the right synonym is "to acknowledge". 

If we acknowledge our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Therefore, all you need to do is to say, "Father, I acknowledge that these things that I've done are wrong and I receive forgiveness, in the Name of Jesus". That's how you live free from sin and sin-consciousness. 

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your grace, and the power of your righteousness at work in me! I live free from sin and sin-consciousness because I walk by faith, and manifest the love of Christ! I walk in the liberty of the Spirit today, and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

Further Study:
John 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. ;

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 3:1-38,Deuteronomy 16-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 24:23-33, Exodus 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:40am On Mar 21, 2015
...It's Part of The Deal! - Saturday, March 21st . 

Pastor Chris 

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God (2 Timothy 1:8 ). 

Some people become ashamed of Jesus Christ and some of us ministers of the Gospel, especially when we are criticized. When people insult us and cast aspersions on us and the Gospel, how do you feel? Do you become ashamed, and wish you weren't associated with us? This was the kind of situation that Apostle Paul found himself; he had been imprisoned for preaching the Gospel, and from prison, he wrote a letter to his protégé, Timothy, saying, "Don't be ashamed of me". 

You can imagine all kinds of terrible things that might have been said against Paul while he was in prison; only God knows what the charge was. Yet, he tells Timothy: "Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God" (2 Timothy 1:8 ). There's joy and fulfilment that you get from being persecuted for the sake of the Gospel. 2 Timothy 3:12 says, "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution". 

Persecution is part of the deal; it's part of the blessing of preaching the Gospel. The Lord Jesus said in Matthew 5:11-12: "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." 

This conviction made Paul to say, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16). There shouldn't be anything anyone can say or do to make you ashamed of Christ and His Gospel. The Gospel is the power of God to save, to help, to lift, and to bless all men! Therefore, never be ashamed of the Gospel of Christ; preach it with boldness, and testify always of your union with Christ. 

Prayer...
Dear Father, I'm courageous about the Gospel, the only message that can save sinners, and bring them out of darkness into the glorious life of righteousness. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, I minister grace to the unsaved around me, and usher them into the glorious liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; ; 

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 4:1-13, Deuteronomy 18-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 24:34-44, Exodus 30
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:21am On Mar 22, 2015
The Faith-life Of The Believer - Sunday, March 22nd

Pastor Chris

For we walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Christianity is a life of faith. Everything a Christian does must be by faith to be accepted of the Lord. Romans 14:23 says, “...whatsoever is not of faith is sin.” Romans 1:17 tells us that “...the just shall live by faith.” So, faith is the conscious lifestyle of the believer. The Word of God teaches us that faith is the victory that overcomes the world (1 John 5:4). There’s a system in this world with tests, trials and temptations that we must overcome on a daily basis, and our faith is what guarantees our victory.

Through study and meditation on the Word, your faith grows and prevails; your focus, therefore, must always be on God’s Word, and not on circumstances. Refuse to be moved by what you feel, or what your senses tell you. Man became a slave to his senses through Adam’s transgression; his spirit became subject to his senses. Romans 8:8 tells us that those who are controlled by their senses—the flesh—cannot please God. But thanks be unto God; the ninth verse says, “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you....”

If you’re born again, you’re born of the Spirit and are therefore required to walk in the Spirit; that means living the Word, seeing only from God’s perspective. Your outlook on life should be from the standpoint of faith, the standpoint of the Word. A man can either walk by faith or by his senses. The Bible says, “...They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God...” (Romans 9:cool. The children of the flesh are those who are ruled and dominated by their senses. Instead of walking by faith, they’re controlled by what they can physically see, hear, touch, taste or smell.

The Bible says we “...look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:18). You must live as a man or woman of faith every day, by disregarding temporal circumstances and focusing on the eternal realities of our heavenly Kingdom. Remember, without faith it’s impossible to please Him (Hebrews 11:6).

Confession...
I refuse to let my feelings dictate the circumstances of my life; rather, I choose to be controlled by the Spirit, being led by Him and motivated by the Word, which I live by, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 8:12-14
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:Luke 4:14-44 Deuteronomy 22-24

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Matthew 24:45-51 Exodus 31

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:28am On Mar 23, 2015
Ruled By Words - Monday, March 23rd . 

Pastor Chris 

...The tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature... (James 3:5-6). 

If you're faced with a challenge that seems insurmountable, the emphatic statement of Jesus in Mark 11:23 is the solution you need. It says, "...whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." During His earthly ministry, the Lord Jesus proved this; He displayed absolute mastery over the circumstances of life, including the forces of nature. He made us realize that we could talk to anything, influence anything, and effect changes with our words. 

Jesus wasn't talking figuratively when He said, "...whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." He was showing us the efficacy of our words. We rule by words, as our words rule us. Your words determine the quality of your life. 

It doesn't matter what situation or circumstance in which you've found yourself; you can effect changes with your words! Recall how the tongue is described in our opening text; it's called a fire. That means with your words you can burn up everything in your life and in your path that is inconsistent with the perfect will of God. 

Your words rule your life; never forget it. Proverbs 18:20 says, "A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled." It's your responsibility to keep yourself in the triumphant life by speaking creative words of faith. 

confession...
The Word of faith is in my heart and in my mouth today; and as I speak it forth, mountains are moved, hills are levelled, and the crooked paths are made straight before me. Nothing is impossible to me because the greater One lives in me. By His power working in, and through me, I create my victorious and prosperous life, from glory to glory, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 12:35-37
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 5:1-16,Deuteronomy 25-27

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 25:1-13, Exodus 32
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Mar 24, 2015
The Glory Is In The Word! - Tuesday, March 24th . 

Pastor Chris 

And he said unto them, Set your hearts unto all the words which I testify among you this day, which ye shall command your children to observe to do, all the words of this law. For it is not a vain thing for you; because it is your life... (Deuteronomy 32:46-47). 

The Word of God instructs us and guides us, but the Word is more than a guidebook or a book of instructions; God's Word is life! The children of Israel saw the Law as instructions, but Moses had a different mind-set; he regarded the Law as life. Read again his admonition to the children of Israel in the opening verse. No wonder Moses knew the ways of God, while the children of Israel were only acquainted with the acts of God; they saw God's Word as commandments to obey, instead of seeing the picture of His righteousness. 

The Word of God is the mirror of God that unveils His character, nature, and personality, as well as His image and description of you. The Word of God mirrors you. For example, the Word says, "...count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience" (James 1:2-3). What God is showing you here is beyond an instruction; He's showing you the glory in the Word and the kind of person He's made you: you're the one who counts it all joy irrespective of the tests, trials, and tribulations, because you know you'll always triumph! This is your life. He wants you to see the glory in the instruction. 

Think, talk, and live according to the picture of you that you see in the Word! Be who the Word says you are! Satan, circumstances, and situations may try to sway you otherwise, but stick only with the picture of your life that the Word of God has presented to you. As you keep looking into the mirror of God, you become what you see: "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord" (2 Corinthians 3:18). 

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the glory in your Word. Your Word is more than a set of instructions; it is an unveiling of your glory in my life. As I meditate on the Word, I'm transfigured into the exact image of what I see, translated from one level of glory to another, by your Spirit, in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

Further Study:
James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into then perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. ;

2 Corinthians 3:18 AMP
And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 5:17-39,Deuteronomy 28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 25:14-30, Exodus 33
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:34am On Mar 25, 2015
Enjoy His Goodness! - Wednesday, March 25th 

Pastor Chris 

The earth is the Lord’s, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods (Psalm 24:1-2). 

As God's children, we're the seed of Abraham, and that makes us heirs according to the promise: "And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise" (Galatians 3:29). We're heirs of God; and if the earth belongs to Him, then it belongs to us too, since we're joint heirs with Christ: "And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ..." (Romans 8:17). So, you see, the world belongs to us; it's ours to enjoy. 

The Bible says the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord (Psalm 33:5). This is so wonderful! Think about it: in spite of the terrible things we hear happening in the world, the earth is still full of God's goodness. Notice it doesn't say "The earth has God's goodness", but that it's "full of His goodness". The goodness of God in the earth is enough for everyone to enjoy. 

Read the words of the Master, as He emphasised in very clear-cut terms the reason He came: "I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)" (John 10:10 AMP). He didn't just come for us to have life, but that we may enjoy it also. You have to learn to enjoy whatever God gives you, because it shows your appreciation. If you don't enjoy them, you can't really appreciate them, and therefore, can't be truly thankful. 

Start from where you are - with what you have - and what you do! Enjoy your work, your car, your house, your clothes, your food! You owe it to yourself to enjoy your life! Be happy about yourself. Laugh more. Celebrate God's goodness and excellence in your life. 

Confession...
The Lord has made my life beautiful; I rejoice in His infinite grace and boundless love, for He has caused me to dwell in prosperity in Christ Jesus! I'm living triumphantly, every day, enjoying my life, and celebrating the greatness of God in me. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Ecclesiastes 2:24
There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God. ; 

1 Timothy 6:17
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 6:1-16,Deuteronomy 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 25:31-46, Exodus 34
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:28am On Mar 26, 2015
Love's Call, The Greatest Call! - Thursday, March 26th . 

Pastor Chris 

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love (1 Corinthians 13:13). 

I once listened to a dear minister of God preach and during the course of her teaching, she made a statement that has stayed with me for so long. She said, "Lord Jesus, I have nothing to give you but my love". I thought, "What could be better than that?" What else could we give Him, but our love! 

In Proverbs 23:26, the Lord said, "My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways." That's what He's asking for; nothing could be better to give Him, than your love. This is so important, because it's all you need to do His work. Your love for Him will propel you to live for Him and fulfil His call on your life. The question is, "Do you love Jesus?" If you do, whether or not you heard a voice "calling" you into the ministry, makes no difference. What will count with God is how much you love Him, and what that love propels you to do to the glory of His name. 

If you preach the Gospel, for example, and you feel you aren't "called" into the ministry, look into your heart; do you love the Lord? If you do, then it means you already heeded love's call, and that's the greatest call. If the devil tries to make you feel you're not called, you declare, "I love the Lord, and I follow Him, because I love Him". That will paralyze Satan right away, because he can't stand love. 

You can never love Him and fail. It's not possible. Your love for the Master is guaranteed to always win. Practise loving Jesus. Protect your love for Him and keep it aflame all the time. Love can be quenched; so make sure you stir your love and passion for Him in a way that nothing and no one can dissipate it. 

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I love you with all my heart, and I thank you for the privilege and blessing of serving you and living for you! Nothing compares to the extraordinary love-union and oneness that I share with you, and for this, I'm eternally grateful! I'm propelled and compelled by your love to keep establishing your righteousness in the earth, and in the hearts of men, in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

Further Study:
Ephesians 3:14-19
For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 6:17-49,Deuteronomy 31-32

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 26:1-13, Exodus 35
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:29am On Mar 27, 2015
Glorified! - Friday, March 27th . 

Pastor Chris 

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified (Romans 8:29-30). 

The latter part of our opening scripture doesn't say, "...whom he justified, them shall he glorify"; rather, it says, "...them he also glorified"; He's already done it. There're Christians who are reaching out for the glory, always praying and asking for the glory of God to come down. Sometimes, in a service, a singer could even be called to sing, in order "to bring the glory down". They fail to realize that the one who's born again is born into the glory of God. 

We're the Church of Jesus Christ, and the Lord Jesus has given us the glory: "And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one" (John 17:22). So, you don't need anyone to bring the glory down. You've been glorified. 

Imagine you were in a room or outside somewhere, and someone said, "Let's bring air into this place"; that wouldn't make sense. However, some people may start looking out for where the air is going to come in through, but the truth is, they had been breathing the air all the while, even though they might not have been conscious of it. 

Now that we're used to certain things, like air, it doesn't mean we should no longer be conscious of their reality. But blessed be God! The glory of God in us isn't such that we can ignore. That glory is in our spirit; it increases as we pray, study, and meditate on the Word of God. You've been glorified. Therefore, walk in the glory; live in the consciousness of who you are in Christ! 

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I celebrate your glory and presence in my life! I live triumphantly, knowing that nothing is impossible to me, and that all things are working together for my good, because I love you and I'm called according to your purpose. I've got the advantage, in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. ; 

1 Peter 1:10-11
Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. ;

2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 7:1-35,Deuteronomy 33-34

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 26:14-25, Exodus 36
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:32am On Mar 28, 2015
See, And Become! - Saturday, March 28th . 

Pastor Chris 

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18). 

Our opening verse describes the glory that comes from the Word of God. This glory is in the realm of the spirit; the realm we were born into as Christians. It's the same realm that Jesus passed into after His resurrection; it's a real place and we live there now. It's a realm of glory and through meditation on the Word, we're catapulted to that realm; the Word of God delivers that glory to us, and brings us into the glory. 

As we look into the mirror of God, which is the Word, we're "transfigured" into the same image of God's glory that we see in the Word. The more you look, the more you're changed. How do you look into the Word? It's not by leafing through the pages of the Bible as you would a newspaper; it's through intense study and meditation. Through meditation, the Word takes root in your spirit, and becomes one with your spirit; it creates a picture in your mind; the image of God's glory. Thus, it matters what you see, when you "look" into the mirror of God. 

For example, the Word says you're the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; let that be what you see. See yourself as the justified one; the one who's been declared "not guilty!" 1 Corinthians 6:11 says, "...but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." See yourself as such! 

Keep talking the Word, regardless of circumstances. The Word in your mouth will grow mightily and prevail over adversities. That's the glory of the Word. As you meditate on the Word and speak it forth, you transcend to the realm of glory, where you view life from the mountain top, seeing only possibilities. 

Remember, you're triumphant in Christ Jesus; you've already overcome all things; the whole world is yours. Stay your mind on these realities from God's Word. See yourself in health, wealth and prosperity. Halleluiah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the glory in your Word, which is evident in my life. I'm making progress in life, and winning every day. I have the mind-set of a champion, and the wisdom of God mantles my heart, evident in the excellence of my words and actions today, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. ; 

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. ; 

James 1:23-25
For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 7:36-50,Joshua 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 26:26-35, Exodus 37

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Mar 29, 2015
Eternal Life - A Promise Fulfilled! - Sunday, March 29th . 

Pastor Chris 

In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour (Titus 1:2-3). 

The Bible says, "...all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us" (2 Corinthians 1:20). The eternal life that He promised before the world began was fulfilled when Christ came: "For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us" (1 John 1:2). 

Jesus came to do much more than die for our sins; His death was a means to an end: to give us eternal life - God-life. We've become partakers of the divine nature - associates of the God-kind (2 Peter 1:4). In 1 John 5:13, the Apostle John writes, "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life..." Eternal life isn't something you'll have in the sweet by-and-by; it's a promise fulfilled. It's the possession of the one who believes in Jesus Christ, being a gift from God: "...but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23). 

Eternal life has come! Once, it was a promise, a hope afar off, but Christ has died; Christ is risen, and we were raised together with Him to a newness of life. He's brought life and immortality to light through the Gospel (2 Timothy 1:10). This is what excites us to preach the Gospel, and tell men and women about Jesus. He came, not just to save humanity from sin, but also to give us eternal life - the God-life. True Christianity is the pulsating life of Christ in a human person; it's the revelation of eternal life. 

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege granted me to make the Gospel known to those in my world and the regions beyond! I declare that as many as hear the Gospel today, their hearts will be open to receive, and their minds able to understand, accept and live by your message of life, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 28:18-19
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: ;

Acts 13:48
And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 8:1-21,Joshua 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 26:36-46, Exodus 38
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On Mar 30, 2015
Living in the Supernatural- Monday, March 30th

Pastor Chris 

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (2 Peter 1:4).

In Christ Jesus, we have the transcendent life; a life of glory, virtue, and excellence. It's a daily experience of the miraculous, and walk in the supernatural. Jesus proved that this is possible. When He walked the earth, He was one hundred per cent man and one hundred per cent God. He manifested the divine life, and the supernatural was His daily walk. 

As Christians, we're partakers of His divine nature (2 Peter 1:4); as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). Therefore, like Him, we're called to live perpetually in the supernatural, through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Paul said in Colossians 1:29, "Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily". There's an ability working in you, and that ability is supernatural! That means your physical ability should no longer dictate or determine how much you can do; no limitations for you anymore! 

Recall how Samson defeated one thousand trained soldiers of war with the jawbone of an ass. The Spirit of God came on him, and he was divinely enabled for the supernatural. With us, it's even better, because the Holy Spirit lives in us. That means our potentials are limitless. 

The Bible says, "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God" (2 Corinthians 3:5). God's supernatural ability is at work in you to enable you to achieve results that can't be humanly explained.

Take advantage of the divine ability that's at work in you; 2 Corinthians 4:7 says, "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us". We actually don't have any excuse but to live triumphantly every day! Jesus did everything that was required for us to live in the supernatural, every day!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me a champion and a victor forever! My spirit, soul, and body are under the dominion of your Word, and the influence of your Spirit! Your righteousness is unveiled through me today; I manifest the Christ-life, reigning and ruling over circumstances, in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

FURTHER STUDY: 
1 John 4:17 
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. ;

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING:
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 
Luke 8:22-39,Joshua 5-6.

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 
Matthew 26:47-56, Exodus 39.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:15am On Mar 31, 2015
Edify Yourself! - Tuesday, March 31st

Pastor Chris

He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself...(1 Corinthians 14:4).

As a Christian, when you speak in tongues, you edify yourself; that means you "embolden" yourself. This is the antidote for timidity and fear! It’s something you can, and should do for yourself from time to time; building your spirit strong by speaking in tongues. It’ll transform you automatically from being a weak, fearful person, to a bold, confident, and courageous person!

The Bible says, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind" (2 Timothy 1:7). Thanks be unto God, for giving us the key to maintaining boldness and dominion at all times, even in the face of staggering oppositions, through speaking in tongues.

If it ever looks as though fear is creeping into your heart, or you’re feeling nervous about something, speak in tongues! As you do, your faith will rise, and fear will dissipate. Jude 1:20 says, "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost."

There’re times you might experience difficulty in remembering things; speak in tongues. The reason is that your spirit doesn’t forget anything; the information is in your spirit, so when you stir your spirit, the answer will pop up!

Don’t take speaking in tongues lightly, for it produces divine energy that repels fear, and confounds the enemy. It emboldens you and imparts courage to your spirit. It produces in you, a sense of mastery and dominion over adversities; it’s a "spirit-to-Spirit" communication that energizes you from within. Practise speaking in tongues regularly; it’s the fastest way to activate your spirit, and energize yourself for victory.

Confession...
I’m full of the Holy Ghost! And as I speak in tongues today, I’m edified, and my spirit is conditioned to receive guidance and light from the Lord! I’m strengthened and fortified to do the things of God, and exercise dominion over circumstances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

further study:
1 Corinthians 14:14-15;
14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.
15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding.

Jude 1:20
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: : Joshua 7-9 Luke 8:40-56
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: : Matthew 26:57-68 Exodus 40
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:29am On Apr 02, 2015
Powered From Within - Thursday, April 2nd . 

Pastor Chris 

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you...(Acts 1:8 ). 

As a new creation in Christ Jesus, inherent in you is the dynamic ability to cause changes. This power became resident in you upon receiving the Holy Spirit; it doesn't need to be replenished by any outside force. We see this in the life of Jesus. Throughout His earthly ministry, He never once prayed to the Father to grant Him power; He was powered from within by the Holy Spirit! The same goes for us today. 

The power of God is in your spirit; you received this power into you when you received the Holy Spirit. When Jesus said you shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you, He meant inherent power - "dunamis" (Greek). What He actually said was, "And you shall receive "dunamis" (inherent power) after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you". What is "dunamis?" 

It's where the English gets the word "dynamo"; an electric generator. It converts mechanical power to electrical power, which causes further mechanical activity, continuing the circle. So when Jesus said, "You shall receive dunamis", He meant that you'd receive inherent power that never runs dry, when you receive the Holy Spirit. You don't need to pray to God for more power. Some Christians pray, "O God, give me more power". That's unscriptural. He already gave you all the power you require. He expects you to use that power to make your life glorious. 

After receiving the Holy Spirit, and all through His three years of earthly ministry, the Lord Jesus never once prayed to God for more power. He functioned in this inherent power. You can put this power to work anywhere, anytime, to change anything and bring forth prosperity, health, solutions and new ideas! 2 Corinthians 4:7 says, "...we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us". There's power in you for a daily life of triumph, limitless possibilities, and unparalleled advantages. 

CONFESSION 

I'm full of God's might! I function by His power and glory today, full of the Spirit in wisdom, having spiritual understanding of all things! I'm powered by the Holy Ghost and on a perpetual victory parade, excelling and making progress consistently! I receive unparalleled advantages, unprecedented favour and prosperity, in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

Further Study:
Colossians 1:29
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily. ; 

Luke 24:49
And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. ; 

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 9:18-36,Joshua 13-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 27:1-10, Leviticus 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Apr 03, 2015
Salvation Through His Blood - Friday, April 3rd . 

Pastor Chris 

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace (Ephesians 1:7). 

The blood of Jesus was shed for us, first, for the remission of sins, and secondly, that we may have life. His blood was divine, and through Him, not only have we obtained remission of sins, we've also received justification for the life that He's given to us. Our salvation came from His blood. That's why it was possible for us to be born again. Christ has been sacrificed for us, and in Him, we're given a new life; a life that's superior to Satan, death, hell, and the grave. 

There's no destruction for the child of God! God told the children of Israel, "When I see the blood, I will pass over you, and you'll be shielded from the destroyer..." (Exodus 12:13). It doesn't matter in what way the destroyer tries to attack you, whether he comes to attack you with poverty, sickness, disease or infirmity of any kind, you're shielded; he'll not come into your house! You've passed from death unto life. 

See, and appreciate your real value in the price that God paid for your salvation! You're worth the blood of Jesus Christ. You've become one with God, not because of what you did, but because of what Jesus did. The old religious thinking that God is so great while we're nothing before Him, is a lie of the devil. If you were nothing, He wouldn't pay for your salvation with the blood of Jesus Christ. The price He paid to save you shows how valuable you are: "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold...But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Peter 1:18-19). 

Prayer...
Dear Lord, thank you for the precious blood of your Son, Jesus Christ. Having been justified by His blood, eternal life is mine. His blood, which was poured out for remission of sins gives me the right to a life of glory, peace, and dominion. I celebrate my treasured salvation, consummated by the blood of Christ, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. ; 

1 Peter 1:18-19
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 9:37-62,Joshua 16-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 27:11-25, Leviticus 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:49am On Apr 04, 2015
You Too Can Prophesy! - Saturday, April 4th . 

Pastor Chris 

Follow after love, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy (1 Corinthians 14:1). 

The gift of prophecy isn't just for pastors, prophets, evangelists and apostles; it's for the Church! Every Christian ought to prophesy. Moses, in the Old Testament understood the power and importance of prophecy and wished that all of God's children prophesied (Numbers 11:29). 

However, if you're born again and have received the Holy Spirit, you've received the divine enablement and the inspiration to prophesy. To prophesy is to speak forth the Word of God in power, whether by foretelling future events, or as a word of power to cause a change in the now! 

The Bible says, "...he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church" (1 Corinthians 14:3-4). When you declare the mind of God in prophecy, others are edified, strengthened, and comforted. So you see, prophecy doesn't make one a "spiritual detective" to fish out brethren who are supposedly not living right; it's for the edification of the Body of Christ. This is why you must desire to prophesy, for the words you speak forth in prophecy will build fellow believers. 

Moreover, with the gift of prophecy, you can chart your course in perpetual victory and triumph. You can prophesy your way out of any trouble. Ezekiel was brought before a valley of dry bones where the Lord asked him, "Can these bones live?" That was an impossible situation, but the Lord said to him, "Prophesy to these bones". As soon as Ezekiel complied, a great miracle took place; the bones came together, every bone to its bone (Ezekiel 37:7). 

This lets you know what God expects: that you prophesy your way out of any negative situation. Don't let the challenges you face drown your faith; prophesy your health, success, prosperity and victory. Perhaps you were told it's only one of your kidneys that's working right; or that one of your lungs has failed; refuse to be dismayed; don't panic. Prophesy! Through prophecy, the dead one, like those "dry bones", will come back alive! Halleluiah! 

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your word of power that's in my heart, and in mouth even now! I'm moving forward by the power of the Holy Spirit, making progress with giant strides, and waxing stronger every day, in health, prosperity, and success, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Joel 2:28
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: ; 

1 Thessalonians 5:20
Despise not prophesyings. ; 

Acts 2:17
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 10:1-24,Joshua 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 27:26-37, Leviticus 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:28am On Apr 05, 2015
We Worship The Risen Christ - Sunday, April 5th . 

Pastor Chris 

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth (Exodus 20:4). 

The Bible tells us how fiery serpents invaded the camp of the children of Israel, hurting and killing many of them in the process (Numbers 21:7-9). Moses, the man of God, prayed for mercy, and the Lord instructed him to make a serpent of brass and set it upon a pole. If anyone who had been bitten looked upon the brazen serpent, he would be healed. 

Over the years, some people have had problems understanding this scriptural passage, particularly because of the Lord's instruction in our opening verse. The following verse however explains that the instruction was against graven images made for worship. "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me" (Exodus 20:5). 

God never asked the children of Israel to worship the brazen serpent; He only told them to look at it. He gave Abraham a similar instruction when He told him to look at the stars; He didn't tell him to worship them. The serpent was symbolic; it typified sin that was nailed on the cross. "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:14-15). 

In the New Testament, we don't look at a graven image, but at Christ: "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2). Today, He's no longer on the cross; He's risen and has ascended to heaven. The risen Christ is the One we worship; He alone is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and the Lord of lords who deserves our worship! 

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the work of salvation that was consummated in Christ Jesus. He alone is the hope of earth and the joy of heaven, the object of my deepest affection and Saviour of my soul. To Him be all my praise and worship, forever. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Timothy 6:13-16
I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen. ;

Revelation 5:13
And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. 

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 10:25-42,Joshua 23-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 27:38-44, Leviticus 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Apr 06, 2015
"…Being Filled With The Spirit" · Monday, April 6th

Pastor Chris

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord (Ephesians 5:18-19).

Receiving the Holy Spirit and being full of the Spirit are two different things. You receive the Holy Spirit once, to live in you, but "being filled" with the Spirit is something that should happen continually. Actually, the latter part of our opening verse is literally rendered, "be being filled with the Spirit," which means it’s a continual experience.

You ought to be perpetually filled with the Spirit, and it’s something you can make happen for yourself. It’s not God’s responsibility to get you filled with the Spirit. The instruction is that "you" get yourself filled with the Spirit by doing the things listed in our theme scripture: "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord."

This means speaking the Word to yourself in psalms, and hymns, and spiritual songs, and then singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord through the Spirit—through praying in other tongues. Paul said, "…I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also" (1 Corinthians 14:15).

"Singing with the spirit" is singing in other tongues, and that’s what he means by speaking to yourself in "spiritual songs." Therefore, to be filled with the Spirit, you ought to speak in tongues, sing in tongues, and make melodies in your heart to the Lord.

Maybe you’re facing challenges in your marriage, in your home, your job, your academics, finances or even in your health, if you’ve received the Holy Spirit, happy are you! Get into your closet and act on the Word. Tell yourself, "I’m what God says I am! Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world! I am a victor in Christ Jesus! I can never be disadvantaged!" Then sing the Word in Psalms, and hymns and make melody of the Word in your heart to the Lord.

Speak in other tongues and by interpretation, declare the wisdom of God.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you for the infilling of your Spirit. Your glory is manifested in and through me today, and your wisdom is seen and heard in my words and in my actions, because I’m full of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

further study:
1 John 4:4;

Acts 2:4

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 11:1-13 Judges 1-2

2 year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 27:45-54 Leviticus 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:18am On Apr 07, 2015
Keep Your Body In Health - Tuesday, April 7th . 

Pastor Chris 

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:19). 

As a child of God, your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 6:19), which means your body isn't yours; it's owned by God. However, you're the one to keep watch over your body and keep it in health. You're the one to exercise authority over your body, keeping it free of sickness, disease and infirmity. 

The words of Jesus in our opening verse should let you know that you're not ordinary; you have the right to tell your body how it should feel. Tell your body what to do, and it'll respond. Jesus said in Mark 11:23 that you shall have what you say. If you've been struggling with an addiction, declare with boldness, "I'm not going to let anything dominate me. I keep my body in subjection to the Word of God!" Don't permit in your body anything that's not consistent with the Word of God for your life; take charge and rule over your body with the Word of God. 

When you perceive the symptoms of sickness in your body, reject them for they only become real when you say they are. Your words aren't empty; what you say comes to pass; therefore, talk to your body always, and keep it in health. Don't say, "I have a growth in my stomach and it's hurting so bad. The doctor says it's cancer". Don't talk about the growth; talk to it instead! Tell it to die and pass out from your body. Tell the pain to cease, and tell your body to function rightly in line with the life of Christ that's in your spirit. 

Christ literally lives in you! He dwells in your spirit and expresses Himself through your physical body. Your consciousness of this reality makes it easier for you to exercise dominion over your body against sickness, disease, and infirmity. 

Confession...
The Spirit of God vitalizes every fibre of my being! The God-life in me destroys sickness, disease and infirmities! I'm healthy and strong! Only the life and nature of Christ - His beauty and glory - are manifested in my physical body, because He perambulates in me, through the Holy Spirit. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Romans 8:10-13
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 11:14-36,Judges 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 27:55-66, Leviticus 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:40am On Apr 08, 2015
...In Control And In Charge! - Wednesday, April 8th . 

Pastor Chris 

For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more THEY WHICH RECEIVE ABUNDANCE OF GRACE AND OF THE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS SHALL REIGN IN LIFE BY ONE, JESUS CHRIST (Romans 5:17). 

The underlined portion of our opening verse refers to God's people that are operating from the mountaintop, from the realm of limitless possibilities and perpetual victories, because they've taken advantage of God's grace. The Apostle Paul said such folks "king" (reign) in life; they're in control and in charge! They exercise dominion over circumstances, and are able to tame the forces of nature! They live a different kind of life - the transcendent life. 

This was what Paul meant when he told Timothy, "...be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus" (2 Timothy 2:1). That means, "Take advantage of the grace". Receive grace and reign! Take as much of it as you require for a life of reigning; rule and be in charge by grace. You're not going to reign in heaven, because there's nothing to reign over in heaven. You're to reign as a king in this world; you're to function with authority in the earth. 

God has made you superior to Satan, his demons, sickness, disease and infirmity. You're seated together with Christ, far above all principalities, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come (Ephesians 1:21). Therefore, rule over circumstances; exercise dominion over fear, hell, lack, poverty, and death! 

Manifest the glory of God everywhere; that's your calling; that's your life; that's your heritage! You're the seed of Abraham, which means despite global economic meltdowns, recessions, and inflation, the grace of God puts you ahead, in charge and in control.

Confession...
I'm highly favoured of God, and positioned by grace for the triumphant life! I'm reigning in life as a king, exercising dominion over circumstances, taming the forces of nature and charting my course in victory! I manifest the glory and righteousness of God today. This is my calling, and my heritage, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Timothy 2:1
Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. ; 

Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 11:37-54, Judges 5-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 28:1-10, Leviticus 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:26am On Apr 09, 2015
See From The Mountaintop . - Thursday, April 9th . 

Pastor Chris 

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me (Psalm 23:4). 

Did you know that just as we have mountains, valleys, and plains in the physical world, they also exist in the realm of the spirit? Yes, they do! The physical world is actually a shadow of the spiritual world. Study the Scriptures; you'll discover from the writings of the prophets that they weren't talking about earthly mountains and valleys, but about spiritual ones. In the realm of the spirit, some people live in the valley, while others live on the mountaintop. 

In the valley, people only see the activities of demons and evil beings of darkness, from which they always need deliverance. Satan and his demons become more popular to them than God and the angels. To live in the valley is to journey in the wrong direction in the realm of the spirit. Some of us, however, see from the mountaintop. We dwell and function in the realm of light, where all we see is success, victory, prosperity, healing and testimonies of salvation. In our trajectory, Satan isn't a factor because we know he's a defeated foe. Jesus completely paralyzed him and made a public spectacle of him and his cohorts in the realm of the spirit (Colossians 2:15). 

On the mountaintop, we know we don't have to struggle with Satan. He's completely defeated; all he does now is to try deception and fear. He uses those two things to render the Word of God inoperative in people's lives, because he knows the only way they keep him defeated is through their knowledge, and the proclamation of the Word. 2 Corinthians 10:4 says, "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds". 

Ideas, theories and imaginations planted in the minds of men that cause them to behave wrongly are strongholds. These strongholds are destroyed through the knowledge of the Word. When the devil tries to plant imaginations of fear, failure, sickness, or the very worst that could happen in your mind, use the Word against them, and they'll crash at your feet. 

Confession...
I'm not ordinary. I'm a citizen of Zion, Jerusalem which is above. I'm seated together with Christ in heavenly places, far above all principalities, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come. All things are under my feet, and I reign and rule with Christ. 

Further Study:
Hebrews 12:22
But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, ; 

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Daily Scripture Reading 

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 12:1-21, Judges 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 28:11-20, Leviticus 9

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 263
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.