Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250487 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:10am On May 09, 2015
"Light Afflictions!" - Saturday, May 9th . 

Pastor Chris

For our light, momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory [beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!] (2 Corinthians 4:17 AMP).

There's so much truth and knowledge embedded in our opening verse. The King James Version says, "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory". The Word calls the troubles and challenges you face in your job, health, finances etc., light afflictions.

So, the next time you're facing some challenges, or there's a brother or sister who's going through difficult times, let him or her know that it's a light affliction, and therefore, will not stay, because it came to pass; it's for a short time. Those afflictions prepare, produce, and achieve for you an everlasting weight of glory - a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness that'll never cease! Blessed be God!

This means that if you thought your life was glorious before the "light afflictions" came, the glory that's coming, far outweighs whatever level of glory you've experienced so far. So what? Don't give up! Hold on to God's Word! Let your life and all that concerns you: your family, business, academics, job, health, finances, etc., be founded on the Word! The Lord Jesus said in Luke 6:47-48, "Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock".

It doesn't matter what comes against you, as long as you're founded on the Word, you'll prevail. You can eyeball the devil and say, "Throw your best shot!" The contrary wind can be as fierce as ever; the flood can rise to its summit, but you'll remain triumphant! Glory to God!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the times of refreshing that your Word has delivered to me today. I see life from the mountaintop because I see my victories already, in the Word. Therefore, I'm flying on the wings of the Spirit, knowing that the challenges I face "came, to pass". My life is for your glory, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Isaiah 43:1-2
But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. 2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. ;

2 Timothy 3:12
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 4:27-54, 1 Kings 2-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 9:2-13, Numbers 12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:37am On May 10, 2015
Ask Of Him! - Sunday, May 10th . 

Pastor Chris

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession (Psalm 2:8 ).

What an awesome invitation from the Lord! He's inviting you to ask Him for the salvation of the souls of men in your world (your neighborhood, workplace, etc.). God wants to give you the souls of men, so you can fill them with the Word, nurture them in the way of righteousness and teach them how to live the Christ-life! However, you'd have to ask in intercession. Pray for the lost that they may receive salvation.

In Matthew 28:19-20, Jesus said, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you...." That's the charge given to us. You therefore have a God-ordained right to ask for the souls of men; and when you ask, receive, because the Word has already been given that He who asked shall be given (Matthew 7:7).

If you're a cell-group leader, a fellowship coordinator or even a Pastor, practise this. Take the limits off and be bold to say, "Blessed Father, in the Name of the Lord Jesus, I receive so-and-so number of souls into this fellowship, with the ability to retain and nurture them in the way of righteousness". When you do, the Lord will give you visions and ideas, on how and what to do to make it happen.

It's time to lay claims to the souls of the unsaved in your world. It doesn't matter where you function. He said, "Ask and I will do it!" So, act on the Word and ask. Don't ask and say, "I'm waiting on God to do it; no. When you ask, believe it's done, and act accordingly! You'll see results. Halleluiah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the ability of the Spirit granted me to preach the Gospel of Christ to the lost. Today, I ask for a mighty harvest of souls as your Gospel is taught and preached around the world! Your Word prevails mightily in the hearts of the unconverted, destroying religious barriers and eliminating the wrong mindsets, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Jeremiah 31:12
Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the Lord, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd: and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all. ;

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 5:1-30, 1 Kings 4-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 9:14-29,Numbers 13

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On May 11, 2015
Train Your Spiritual Faculties . - Monday, May 11th . 

Pastor Chris

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned (1 Corinthians 2:14).

There's a higher life; there's a higher realm; it's the realm of the Spirit. You were born into that realm when you were born again. So, you actually live in two worlds contemporaneously; you function in both of them. You recognize one through your physical senses, and you recognize the other through your spirit - your spiritual faculties.

The ministry of the Gospel brings spiritual realities into the natural world as men hear, understand and act on the message. However, there're not so many people who think spiritually; they think "naturally" all the time even though they're Christians, failing to realise that we belong in a spiritual kingdom. They function mostly by their natural faculties - flesh; and they that are in the flesh can't please God (Romans 8:8 ).

That's the reason for the training of our spiritual senses through God's Word and the Holy Spirit, so you can hear, see, and perceive the things of the Spirit. You can only understand the things of God through your spiritual faculties. The natural man can't understand the things of God, because they're spiritually discerned.

We're in a kingdom where sickness, defeat, poverty, and failure aren't real. However, your spiritual faculties must be constantly trained through the Word of God so you can appropriate the realities of our spiritual Kingdom in your life.

Confession...
I walk and live in the Spirit every day, with my spiritual antenna constantly in tune with God, because I’m not of this world. I’m Spirit-ruled, Spirit-controlled, and Spirit-dominated; therefore, I’m able to appropriate the realities and blessings of the heavenly Kingdom to which I belong, and in my personal life. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:6 GNB
To be controlled by human nature results in death; to be controlled by the Spirit results in life and peace. ;

Hebrews 5:14
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 5:31-47, 1 Kings 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 9:30-37,Numbers 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:11am On May 12, 2015
Making Students Of The Nations! - Tuesday, May 12th . 

Pastor Chris

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations… (Matthew 28:19).

We’re teaching the Word of God all around the world, using every available medium and platform so God’s people can discover, and walk in their heritage in Christ. They need to know what they have, who they are, and the power available to them to live the triumphant life in Christ. Our opening scripture conveys the mandate of the Master, to got each all nations. In essence, He wants us to “make students of the nations.” What a calling!

The word, “nations” is the Greek “ethnos,” which means a group of people with common interests. For example, a group of lawyers is an “ethnos” or a “nation” of lawyers. So, if you’re a lawyer, the Lord has sent you into that world, to make students of fellow lawyers; to teach them how to live the Kingdom-life. Whatever group or profession you belong, you’re there to make a difference.

God has put His perfection in your spirit, and His wisdom is available to guide you, as you lead others in the transcendent life. You’re their solution. Halleluiah! This is why you must research the Word of God; research the spiritual realms, because you’ve been chosen to help others see and live the higher life in Christ. You’re called to help them see how to be a success through Christ.

The Bible says, “…the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty” (Psalm 74:20). Wherever the light of God is dim, wickedness prevails; that’s where demon spirits carry out their activities. But when the Gospel comes, light comes, and the people begin to live differently. Until God’s light shines in your “ethnos,” that “nation” will be the habitation of cruelty— a home of wickedness, and hatred. You’re the reflector of His glory in your world; His light that must shine and eliminate the darkness.

Confession...
I’m commissioned with the message of the Gospel of Christ, and the Word of righteousness is like fire, shut up in my bones! I’m dispensing His light, and expressing the life and nature of Christ in my world! Thus, darkness and all the activities of the evil one are dispelled in my “ethnos” as I reflect His glory everywhere! Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. ;

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 6:1-24, 1 Kings 9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 9:38-50,Numbers 15

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:20am On May 13, 2015
A Superior Law For The New Creation - Wednesday, May 13th .

Pastor Chris

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).

It’s important to understand what Paul was talking about in our opening verse; his reference to the law of the Spirit of life, and the law of sin and death.

The law of sin and death refers to the Old Testament Law, which brought condemnation. That law condemned the Jews and the Gentiles. It was given to the Jews, but they couldn’t keep it, and so they were condemned. The Gentiles, on the other hand, were the heathen, estranged from God; the Law wasn’t given to them: “That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world” (Ephesians 2:12). The very fact that the Law wasn’t given to them was their condemnation.

Now, when God gave the Law to the Jews in the Old Testament, it was to guide them, because they were sense-ruled. However, the Law couldn’t produce life. But in the New Testament, everyone who has received Christ has eternal life. 1 John 5:13 says, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life….”

There’s a law at work in those who have that life; it’s called the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. This law is superior to the law of sin and death, because it breaks the Jew free from the Law of Moses that condemns. Then, the Gentile, who was condemned by his estrangement from God, is reconciled with the principle of life working in him, upon receiving Christ.

Now that you’re born again, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made you free from the law of sin and death. Live free. Live triumphantly every day. Refuse to allow anything or anyone condemn you; you’ve passed from death into life! You’re in the kingdom of life. Glory to God!

Confession...
I’m the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus! Sin, sickness, disease, and poverty, are under my dominion! I reign over them because I’m superior to this world, its systems, and the vagaries of nature! There’s no death, defeat or failure in my path, because I live by the law of the Spirit of life, in Christ Jesus. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Galatians 3:13 CEV
But Christ rescued us from the Law’s curse, when he became a curse in our place. This is because the Scriptures say that anyone who is nailed to a tree is under a curse. ;

Colossians 2:14 CEV
God wiped out the charges that were against us for disobeying the Law of Moses. He took them away and nailed them to the cross. ;

Romans 3:24 MSG
God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 
John 6:25-59, 1 Kings 10-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 10:1-12,Numbers 16

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On May 14, 2015
Your Testimony! - Thursday, May 14th . 

Pastor Chris

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony... (Revelation 12:11).

A testimony is a statement or affirmation of a fact. In a court of law, for instance, a testimony is the aggregate of proof offered in a case; it’s the statement of a witness. Our opening scripture says, “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony.” The question is, “What’s your testimony?” Your testimony is your witness of Christ. It’s your declaration of the activity of His Word and grace in your life.

What’s your testimony of Him? For me, I testify that I’m walking in His grace and in His victory! I testify that I’m winning in everything that I do! I testify that I’m excellent all the way! I testify that His grace is working in, for, and through me! I testify that the Lord is my Rock and my Strength! I testify that I’m more than a conqueror; greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world!

Testify of your victories; testify of what He’s done in your life. Sometimes, the problem is that some people want to feel or see it first before they testify. But it’s not so. Testify! Don’t wait to feel or see anything; His Word is real; that should be the basis of your testimony; and that’s what overcomes the enemy, Satan.

When people are crying, “Life is very hard these days,” you should declare, “I’m highly favoured and abundantly blessed of God!” That becomes your testimony, and with it, you overcome limitations. When you speak God’s Word and testify of Him, you bring His presence into the situation. Let His testimony be on your lips always—the testimony of His Word and efficacy of the Spirit to put you over and above every situation.

Maintain God’s testimony of you; His testimony is that you’re a new creation in Christ Jesus! His testimony is that you’re more than a conqueror! Affirm the same things in consent with Him. Every day, say what God has said about you: “...He hath said…so that we may boldly say...” (Hebrews 13:5-6). The glorious things He has spoken about you in His Word (Psalm 87:3) are your testimonies! Proclaim them boldly.

Confession...
I’m what God says I am! I testify that I’m walking in His grace and in His victory! I’m winning every day, reigning in life through Christ Jesus. I’m excellent, and I’m bearing fruits of righteousness! I testify that the Lord is my Rock and my Strength! He’s the glory of my life; in Him, I’m more than a conqueror, and I’ve overcome the world, because greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world!

Further Study:
Hebrews 13:5-6
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. ;

Psalm 35:28 CEV
Then I will shout all day, "Praise the LORD God! He did what was right."

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 6:60-71, 1 Kings 12-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 10:13-22, Numbers 17

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:21am On May 15, 2015
Let The Word Guide You - Friday, May 15th . 

Pastor Chris

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man (James 1:13).

Temptation comes when one is drawn away of his own lust and enticed. One can lust for anything; you could be lusting for a place, a person, or even for something new. Instead of that, you ought to subject your thoughts to the Word of God to help you get rid of inordinate desires.

King Ahab of Israel was lusting to have Ramothgilead. He convinced Jehoshaphat, king of Judah, who had become his ally, to go with him to seize the city. Jehoshaphat nevertheless asked that the prophets be consulted, and all of them, except Micaiah, urged the kings to go to battle. But Micaiah explained how he saw a spirit come before the Lord in a vision, saying, “…I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his (King Ahab’s) prophets. And the Lord said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so” (2 Chronicles 18:21).

God said the spirit would succeed in enticing Ahab; why? The reason is clear: the man was already drawn away by his own lust! The enemy then came and enticed him, and succeeded. When people are enticed by their lust, they go astray.

Let God’s Word guide your decisions and the choices you make. His Word is a lamp unto your feet, and a light unto your path (Psalm 119:105). Be sure the strong desire you have is consistent with God’s Word! Until you’re sure that it is, don’t take any action. Pray in the Spirit, and study the Word until you have the “green light” to proceed.

God’s Word gives you direction. It helps you to understand God’s perfect will. When you know His Word, no matter what your senses tell you, you’ll be able to discern God’s perfect will. His perfect will for you, a lot of times, can be different from what your feelings or other signs tell you. Therefore, trust His Word and the Spirit to guide you in your affairs.

Prayer...
Thank you Father, for your Word that guides me and illuminates my path to see, and my heart to know and walk in your perfect will at all times. Thank you for your wisdom that’s manifest in my decisions and choices today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. ;

Proverbs 1:10
My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. ;

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 7:1-24, 1 Kings 15-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 10:23-31, Numbers 18

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by princenonny(m): 3:03pm On May 15, 2015
Gombs what happened on thursday
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:12am On May 16, 2015
princenonny:
Gombs what happened on thursday

Nothing happened, heard Oshiomhole was about getting married sha. Good morning wink
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:13am On May 16, 2015
Express His Glory - Saturday, May 16th . 

Pastor Chris

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord (Colossians 3:16).

The word “glory,” amongst several other beautiful synonyms, means radiance, excellence, splendour, brightness, etc. Think for a second that all such beautiful attributes are in your life, not just for God to see, but for you to express.

It’s your heritage as a new creation in Christ Jesus to express the glory of God. 1 Peter 2:9 says, “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.” He wants you to express the perfections, beauty and excellence of divinity that are characteristic of your recreated human spirit.

The Lord Jesus expressed the glory of God every day while He walked the earth. His whole life was an extraordinary account of the miraculous and supernatural. John testified of this saying, “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth” (John 1:14). Jesus is the brightness of God’s glory, and express image of His Person (Hebrews 1:3); and we’re like Him (1 John 4:17).

He said in John 17:22, “And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them….” You’re a sharer as well as the carrier and dispenser of His glory. Therefore, “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee” (Isaiah 60:1). Do things and speak words that inspire honour, worship and praise to the Lord.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me the expression of your glory to my world. The more of your Word I imbibe in my spirit through meditation, the more your glory increases in my life. Therefore, my profiting is evident to all; your anointing upon my life is increased; grace, favour, effectiveness and efficiency are increasing in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Timothy 4:15-16
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. 16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. ;

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 7:25-8:1-11, 1 Kings 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 10:32-45, Numbers 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On May 17, 2015
Subject Your Thoughts To The Word - Sunday, May 17th . 

Pastor Chris

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:8 ).

Your life is based on your thoughts, and your thoughts are based on the information you have, and the information you have is based on its source.

People have problems mostly from the way they think; they just think the wrong thoughts. If you notice your thoughts aren’t in conformity with the Word of God, change them. Subject your thoughts to the Word of God! Subject your thoughts to the Holy Spirit! Don’t be drawn away in your mind. You can have excellent thoughts without negativism.

When you subject your thoughts to the Word, you have thoughts of love, glory, excellence, and progress! Let the Word of God dominate your thoughts; let it control what you retain in your mind. His Word tells us what to think and how to think. So, change your thoughts if they’re not consistent with the Word. Someone might ask, “What if I’m trying to change my thoughts and the thoughts just keep coming back?”

If you’ve received the Holy Spirit, that’s not a problem at all. That’s one of the things He can help you with; remember, He’s your helper (John 14:16 AMP). Part of His ministry in your life is to help you achieve focus; anything you want to focus your mind on is possible by the power of the Holy Spirit. He can help you change your thoughts if you ask Him.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the cleansing power of your Word, which purifies my heart from all unrighteousness. My thoughts today, are pure, just, lovely, and excellent. As your Spirit unveils the mysteries of your Word to me, my thoughts are adjusted to see things only in that perspective, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 4:23 GNB
Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts. ;

Proverbs 12:5
The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit.

Acts 8:22 CEV
Get rid of these evil thoughts and ask God to forgive you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 8:12-30, 1 Kings 20-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 10:46-52, Numbers 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:00am On May 18, 2015
“Don’t Look Around!” - Monday, May 18th . 

Pastor Chris

Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus… (Hebrews 12:2 AMP).

I remember something the Lord said to me many years ago, which I’ve taken with me in my journey of life; He said, “Don’t look around.” And you know, when God talks to you, He speaks the language of the Spirit, and when you pick it, you just know what He’s telling you. So when He gave me this admonition, I knew exactly what He was saying. He was telling me to be focused.

This is the same thing I’m saying to you now: “Don’t look around; stay focused.” You see, people who get into trouble and get confused in their lives are people who look around; they’re easily distracted. When you stay focused, you’ll discover that God can channel His blessings to you in a remarkable way, because you see the world the way God sees it; you’ll see everything from His perspective. All you need is to set your focus, your attention on the Spirit and His eternal Word.

Sometimes, some people could pray, and not make the right connection, and as a result miss whatever they ought to receive from the Spirit of God at that time. It’s because their focus wasn’t really there. In the realm of the Spirit, you’ve got to set your focus on the Lord for what you want. Don’t allow distractions.

Our opening verse says, “Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus....” To look away means more than just throwing a glance from an object to another. It means to turn away with all of your attention. Once you set your gaze on the Lord like that, nothing else means anything to you but His Word and the Spirit, and what you’re about.

Prayer...
Thank you Father, for as I focus on your Word, in prayer and meditation, my life is improved; my success and promotion are evident! I build my life and my future completely on your Word, with unending streams of testimonies following, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 16:13
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. ;the

Acts 6:4
But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. ;

2 Corinthians 3:18 B
ut we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 8:31-47, 1 Kings 22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark, 11:1-11, Numbers 21

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:09am On May 19, 2015
You’re The Way - Tuesday, May 19th . 

Pastor Chris

Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you (John 20:21).

It’s important to understand what Jesus meant when He said, “...I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:6). Jesus isn’t the Christian’s way to the Father. In fact, a Christian isn’t on the way to the Father; he doesn’t need that. The sinners need “the way” to the Father, and Jesus is that way. When you were born again, you were born in God’s presence. Jesus was the way through which you were brought into God’s presence. You’re there now; you don’t need the way anymore. You’re now to show others the way!

Understand this: Jesus came as man’s intermediary, as a mediator between God and human beings. That’s why He brought salvation, and now that He’s brought salvation, and we’ve received that salvation, we’re now the bona fide offsprings of God; we don’t need a mediator anymore! However, the world, the non-Christians, need a mediator, and that’s why we’ve been given the ministry of reconciliation, to lead them to Christ. Therefore, we’re now the mediators, working together with the Lord to bring men into salvation.

Never become oblivious of what the Lord has made you. As you preach the Gospel, and reconcile people to Christ, you’re fulfilling your ministry, as a saviour from Zion. Remember, He said, “...saviours shall come upon mount Zion...” (Obadiah 1:21); not “a Saviour,” which would have meant the Lord Himself; but “saviours,” referring to you and me. He saved us to save others. As the Father sent Jesus, so has Jesus sent us to lead men to righteousness. Live for this cause.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for calling me into the glorious ministry of reconciliation. You’ve made me a saviour from Zion, and I experience the demonstration of the character of your Spirit as I bring others into the Way, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Obadiah 1:21
And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the Lord’s. ;

2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 8:48-59, 2 Kings 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 11:12-26, Numbers 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:30am On May 20, 2015
The Glory Of His Word! - Wednesday, May 20th . 

Pastor Chris

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).

In the New Testament, we live the Word! We see the glory of God in His Word; that glory impacts our spirits and reflects outwardly as we study and meditate on the Word. This happened to Moses in the Old Testament; He had been in the presence of the Lord for forty days and forty nights receiving God’s Word. The words he heard completely transformed him, and the skin of his face literally began to glow (Exodus 34:29).

All the time Moses was in God’s presence, all he heard was God’s Word. God didn’t touch Moses or give him any physical food! Nothing else happened on that mountain, except that God was there giving him the commandments. Yet, when God was through talking to him, his face radiated the glory of God such that the children of Israel couldn’t look at his face (2 Corinthians 3:7).

This is what happens whenever you yield yourself to the ministry of God’s Word; the glory of the Word inundates your spirit and rests upon you. In our case, in the New Testament, it’s even more glorious than what Moses experienced. The glory of His Word in us far exceeds what Moses had: “For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth” (2 Corinthians 3:9-10).

This inherent glory in you is what Apostle Paul describes in 2 Corinthians 3:18 saying, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.” As we behold or contemplate the glory of God in the Word of God, we’re metamorphosed; we’re transfigured into the same glory that we see in the Word. Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the glory of your Word in my life, and the manifestation of that glory in and around me! Your power, beauty, and excellence are revealed through me to my world, and my life is aglow with your presence; my light shines ever so brightly, drawing men to righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 3:7-9
But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. ;

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 9, 2 Kings 4-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 11:27-33, Numbers 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:27am On May 21, 2015
Your Words Define Your Life - Thursday, May 21st . 

Pastor Chris

Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth. Say only what helps, each word a gift (Ephesians 4:29 MSG).

It’s sad when people aren’t careful with their words. Imagine someone who keeps saying, “I just don’t know what’s going on with my life; nothing seems to be working. Worst still, I have a problem controlling my mind, my thoughts, and my emotions.” You shouldn’t talk like that. If that has been your experience, it doesn’t mean your experience should control you. Don’t voice the negatives.

Your speech dictates the circumstances of your life. If you say you have no control, you’ll lose control. If you say you’ve got problems, then you’ll really have them. The life that we received in Christ is an excellent one; it’s glorious and extraordinary; it’s the transcendent life. Your speech should be consistent with that life. The main reason many people have their lives upside down is because they don’t talk right.

Our opening verse says, “Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth….” Sometimes you hear a Christian say, “We were doing well two weeks back, but suddenly things just went down.” Some others, because of their experience, would say, “You know, things can’t just be rosy all through; you win some, you lose some; sometimes up, sometimes down.” A Christian shouldn’t talk like that. You’re born to win always! You’re built for success; it’s part of your makeup. Talk that way!

Refuse to be defeated! Refuse to be weak! Get yourself together and declare, “I’m a success! I was born to reveal the glory of God! My life is upward and forward only!” Control the circumstances of your life with your tongue. Don’t wait; start it now if you’ve not been doing it. Your mouth was given to you to chart your course in life. If your words are disorderly, your life will go in that direction; if your words are excellent, your life will go accordingly as well.

The character of your words is the character of your personality. So, watch your words! No man ever got better than his words; your life is the expression, the manifestation, and the reflection, of your words. Words define your life and your value.

Confession...
The Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth! My words are wholesome, and they’re producing life to my body, job, business, ministry, family, and all that concerns me. I’m a success. I win always; I’m above only, and never beneath, because I’m a product of God’s infallible Word! Glory to God!

Further Study:
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. ;

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 10:1-21, 2 Kings 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 12:1-12, Numbers 24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:27am On May 22, 2015
Give The Word Attention - Friday, May 22nd . 

Pastor Chris

Let the word [spoken by] Christ (the Messiah) have its home [in your hearts and minds] and dwell in you in [all its] richness, as you teach and admonish and train one another in all insight and intelligence and wisdom [in spiritual things, and as you sing] psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, making melody to God with [His] grace in your hearts (Colossians 3:16 AMP).

The opening verse is telling you to have the Word in your spirit in abundance. As you study the Word, meditate on it! Mutter, and speak forth the Word!

Sometimes, when you come to church and hear the Word being taught, not many people realize what’s really going on. Yes, they’re hearing someone speak inspiring words of blessing, but it’s much more than that! There’s a ministry of the Word going on at such times; your spirit is being built, strengthened, and energized! You’re being stirred in your spirit to see and apprehend your next level of glory. Suddenly, you realise that your potentials are limitless, and your possibilities, infinite.

That’s why you must always be eager and passionate about God’s Word; have a rich appetite for the Word, and go for it voraciously. The more of the Word you have in you, the more glorious your life is. The Word brings you wisdom. The Bible says the scriptures are able to make you wise unto salvation (2 Timothy 3:15). That means the Word gives you wisdom that’s consistent with God’s salvation; you become sagacious, astute and exceptional; never confused and always unperturbed! Those around you—your colleagues, neighbours, friends, loved ones and associates—will notice your extraordinary amplitude of comprehension and revelation that makes you know what to do, and how to deal excellently always.

Never ignore the Word. Someone may say, “Well, this part of the Bible isn’t interesting, so I’ll just skip it.” It doesn’t have to be interesting; just give it your attention. God never promised to make the Word interesting to us; He commanded us to give the Word our attention, and that’s what you must do. Get the Word into your spirit; digest it into you, with the understanding that, as you do, you’ll become several steps wiser than before; your abilities will increase to do and accomplish more for the Lord!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the efficacy of your Word in my spirit! I’m built up by the Word of your grace, and catapulted to the realms of glory, walking in my inheritance in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 4:20-22
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. ;

Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. ;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 10:22-42, 2 Kings 8-9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 12:13-17, Numbers 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:23am On May 23, 2015
He’s The One At Work In You! - Saturday, May 23rd . 

Pastor Chris

…Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure (Philippians 2:12-13).

Being born again, the life of Christ is in you, but you have to let the Christ-life in you be manifested to your world. You have to “work out” your salvation; that means act your salvation; put it to work; make it effectual. The Word says, “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13). That means both the willingness and the drive to live a godly life, and make your salvation effective, come from the Lord.

God in you is the Holy Spirit. Therefore, the Holy Spirit works in you, to make your salvation effective. He makes you willing, ready, and able to do the Word. Now, this doesn’t suggest that you sit back and say, “I’m just going to wait until God makes me say or do something”; no! What He’s talking about here is your cooperation with the Holy Spirit as He carries out His ministry in you. He has a job to do in you; He’s called to go with you, and work in you, but you have to let Him do His job by fellowshipping with Him.

The more you fellowship with Him, the more He’s able to guide and lead you in the will of God. That’s when He can prompt you or set you upon your feet as He did to Ezekiel (Ezekiel 2:2; Ezekiel 3:24). He can cause you to get up and go somewhere, do or say something, and you’d be aware that He’s the one making you do it. He makes you willing, and He makes you perform! Recognize Him as the One at work in you.

As you set out on your endeavours today, bless your day and say, “Blessed Holy Spirit, I thank you for you’re at work in me, both to will and to do of your good pleasure! You’ll cause me to triumph gloriously today!” Halleluiah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in me, and the fulfilment of His glorious ministry in my life. I have wisdom to do your will, and fulfil your destiny for me today, because I’m counselled from within! I know what to do, when to do what to do, and how to do what to do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ezekiel 3:24
Then the spirit entered into me, and set me upon my feet, and spake with me, and said unto me, Go, shut thyself within thine house. ;

Acts 8:29-31
Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. 30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 11:1-16, 2 Kings 10-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 12:18-27, Numbers 26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:04am On May 24, 2015
Be Glad To Go To Church - Sunday, May 24th . 

Pastor Chris

I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD (Psalm 122:1).

In the New Testament, the church is called the ground and pillar of truth: “…the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth” (1 Timothy 3:15). Each one of us is the house of God, the temple of God, but then the Bible notes that being a committed member of a church is of the utmost importance.

This was the understanding David had when he said in our opening scripture, “I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.” Coming together with God’s people is very essential in your life. It’s one of the ways that you present yourself to the ministry of the Holy Spirit.

There’re a lot of Christians who don’t think that they need to go to church. They go once in a while, when they choose to. Anyone who lives that way misses the blessing of the Spirit—the impartation and perfecting of the saints that takes place in the Church. The Church is the place for perfecting God’s saints (Ephesians 4:11-12).

People don’t come to church because they’re perfect, but to be perfected. The Lord Jesus said, “ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you” (John 15:3). He builds, cleanses and perfects you through His Word. But when you don’t give yourself to the ministry of the Word, you’re sure to err. In Mark 12:24, He said, “You err, because you know not the scriptures.”

There’re things people do that put them in bondage; things that destroy the works of their hands, and they don’t know why. Also, there’re things you must do that ensure the brightness of your life, the brightness for your future, and guarantees you the God-kind of success; church attendance is one of them. Take it seriously.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you for the body of Christ, to which I gratefully belong. My enthusiasm to always be gathered together with my fellow believers, in your presence, will never diminish. Just like David, my heart shall be filled with joy at every opportunity for the fellowship of the Spirit with fellow believers, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. ;

Acts 2:42 GNB
They spent their time in learning from the apostles, taking part in the fellowship, and sharing in the fellowship meals and the prayers.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 11:17-57, 2 Kings 13-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 12:28-34, Numbers 27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:21am On May 25, 2015
A Kingdom With Glory And Power! - Monday, May 25th . 

Pastor Chris

All thy works shall praise thee, O Lord; and thy saints shall bless thee. They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power; To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom (Psalm 145:10-12).

Our opening scripture tells us something striking about the Kingdom of God that we’re apart of: it’s a Kingdom with glory and power! Notice again the words of the Psalmist, he said, God’s saints shall speak of His glory, and talk of His power. Then he uses another beautiful expression: “the glorious majesty of His Kingdom.” That means in God’s Kingdom, there’s beauty and splendour.

We need to have our spiritual eyes open to see and appreciate the awesomeness of God’s glorious Kingdom that we were born into! It’s a Kingdom where sickness isn’t real! It’s a Kingdom where defeat is foreign; where you just can’t lose or be disadvantaged! This is the Kingdom to which you belong.

1 Peter 2:9 (AMP) says, “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” We’re the ones to produce glory in the Kingdom, and spread it abroad. As you function with the mind-set of one that can’t be defeated—a victor, super-intelligent, and excellent all the way—you’re showing forth the glory of the Kingdom.

Glory is that which inspires honour and produces worship; as you function in the Kingdom, doing and saying things that’ll inspire honour, reverence, praise, and worship unto the Lord, you’re revealing the glory of His Kingdom.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for calling me into your glorious Kingdom, making me a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light! I walk in your glory, dominion and power today, showing forth your wonderful deeds, and displaying the virtues, perfections, and excellence of Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. ;

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 12:1-19, 2 Kings 16-17

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 12:35-44, Numbers 28
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On May 26, 2015
Sanctified By The Truth - Tuesday, May 26th . 

Pastor Chris

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied (1 Peter 1:2).

Having given your heart to the Lord to be born again, there’s the sanctification of the Spirit, where the Spirit of God uses the Word of God to take the “dirt” out of your life. He cleanses your mind, because even though your spirit is born again and alive to God, your mind still needs to be renewed: “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God” (Romans 12:2).

If your mind isn’t renewed and sanctified by God’s truth it could occasionally pick up the wrong stuff and act them out. This is because the carnal pictures, images, words, ideas, and imaginations that were in your mind before you were born again, don’t automatically leave your mind! You’d have to replace them with God’s holy thoughts, His holy words, and the manifestation of His Kingdom. His Word is the divine cleanser. Jesus said in John 15:3, “Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.” Then in John 17:17 He said, “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”

God’s Word displaces unrighteousness from a man’s heart and replaces it with God’s righteousness. It wipes out fear and replaces it with faith. Colossians 3:16 tells us, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom….” The desires to do something wrong; that desire to make the wrong choice, go in the way of the world and act like you used to act before you were born again; only the Word of God can eject it and get rid of it. Therefore, cleanse yourself through the Word, and stay pure in Him today, and always.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the sanctification of my spirit through the ministry of the Holy Spirit. My focus is on your Word and as I give it my attention, the Word cleanses and sanctifies my spirit, getting rid of everything that’s inconsistent with your perfect will, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 119:9
Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. ;

John 15:3
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. ;

John 17:17
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 12:20-50, 2 Kings 18-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 13:1-11, Numbers 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:32am On May 27, 2015
Give Him Your Body - Wednesday, May 27th . 

Pastor Chris

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service (Romans 12:1).

In our opening verse, Paul was addressing the “brethren”—Christians—not the people of the world! He admonished them to present their bodies to God. You must realize that being born again, you’ve been bought with a price. Your body belongs to God; He only made you a custodian of it; you’re in charge of your body but it’s actually God’s property: “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s” (1 Corinthians 6:20).

Don’t give your body to sin. Don’t give your body to wickedness. Don’t give your body to lust nor to the devil for his works. Don’t give your body to sickness; give it to the Lord. Let Him have the right to decide what happens to, and with your body. Tell Him, “Lord Jesus, I’ve given you my body; manifest yourself in my body!” If you say that to Him sincerely, you’d be amazed at what will happen in your life; His glory will be revealed in you!

It reminds of a story I read many years ago. This wonderful Christian was in a train and two other guys wanted to play a game; they approached him to join them, because it took three people to play the game. “Oh, I’d love to play with you, but I didn’t come with my hands,” said the Christian gentleman. The two guys were stunned. They could see his hands as he sat with them; so they said to him, “But these are the hands you need,” pointing to his two hands.

Then he said, “Oh, I’m sorry, these aren’t my hands! These belong to Jesus; they’re only used for His glory; that’s why I told you I didn’t have my hands.” He then explained the Gospel to them and led them to receive Christ. The Word of God gave him the wisdom to think like that, and use the occasion to win souls and honour the Lord. That’s the way it ought to be.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the privilege of presenting my body to you as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto you. I refuse to give my body to sin, wickedness, lust, sickness, or the devil. My body belongs to you; your righteousness is manifested therein, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Samuel 12:24
Only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you. ;

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 13:1-30, 2 Kings 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark,13:12-23, Numbers 30
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:40am On May 28, 2015
Christianity: A Call To Righteousness - Thursday, May 28th . 

Pastor Chris

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Romans 12:2).

There’re things that may attract you in the world; things that may try to get your attention and distract you from following the Lord, but the scripture says, “Don’t be conformed to this world!” Though you’re in the world, you’re not of the world; you’re different. Therefore, live right. Live in God’s Word. Let nothing of the world entice you, because Christianity is a call to righteousness. And the reason you can live right is because God has made you righteous. He gave you righteousness as a gift (Romans 5:17). Right living is a product of righteousness.

Some Christians want to have the glory of God manifested in their lives, but they don’t want to live in accordance with the Word. It doesn’t work that way; you have to “work” out your own salvation (Philippians 2:12). You have to live out His righteousness; you have to act in accordance with your righteous nature, and the Word of God is the light that you need.

The prayer of the Spirit through Apostle Paul in Philippians 1:9-11 shows us the heart of the Father; how He wants us to live. He said, “…I pray, that…ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.” He wants your life to be the manifestation of God’s righteousness.

You shouldn’t live like those who have never known the Lord. Live by the Word. We’re Word practitioners (James 1:22); we produce fruits of righteousness. How can you comfortably lift your hands in worship and say, “I love you Lord,” and not keep His Word? The proof of your love for Him is doing His Word. He said, “If ye love me, keep my commandments” (John 14:15).

Prove your love by living for Him, and doing His Word. Manifest His character, His life, and righteousness. Live for His glory.

Prayer...
My life is a manifestation of the righteousness of God. I live to manifest the life and character of Christ; and the glory of God is revealed in, and through me today as I live in the Word, through the Word, and by the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 3:10
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. ;

1 John 5:2-3
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 13:31-14:1-14, 2 Kings 23-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 13,:24-37, Numbers 31
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:06am On May 29, 2015
Increasing His Glory On Your Life - Friday, May 29th . 

Pastor Chris

And have clothed yourselves with the new [spiritual self], which is [ever in the process of being] renewed and remolded into [fuller and more perfect knowledge upon] knowledge after the image (the likeness) of Him Who created it (Colossians 3:10 AMP).

When you received God’s Word into your spirit for salvation, the Word took up residence in you, and the glory of God’s Word came into your spirit. As you keep studying and meditating on God’s Word, that glory increases in your life. Every child of God has a measure of the glory of God’s Word, but it’s up to you to manifest that glory to your world; living in it every day and letting it show in your daily walk. So, you must let the Word of God dwell in you richly (Colossians 3:16), because the glory is in the Word.

What we read in our opening scripture lets us know that the new creation in Christ is renewed, refreshed, polished anew, and glows more and more through the knowledge of God’s Word. The word “knowledge” is the Greek word “epignosis,” referring to full and absolute knowledge; so the more of the knowledge of God’s Word you have, the more His glory increases in your life! Suddenly, you’d discover that the anointing on your life—and His grace at work in you have increased; your effectiveness and efficiency have increased.

Colossians 3:16 AMP says, “Let the word [spoken by] Christ (the Messiah) have its home [in your hearts and minds] and dwell in you in [all its] richness, as you teach and admonish and train one another in all insight and intelligence and wisdom [in spiritual things, and as you sing] psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, making melody to God with [His] grace in your hearts.” That means you should have God’s Word in abundance in your spirit. As you study the Word, meditate on it and let it give you a new mind-set! It’ll make your life more glorious.

You carry the glory of God in your spirit, but you can increase it; it can be stronger, and produce greater results as you increase your knowledge of the Word: “Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord” (2 Peter 1:2).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the joy and benefits of studying and meditating on your Word. The glory in your Word is revealed and manifested in my life, as it transforms me, causing your grace and peace to be multiplied in my life, bringing me favours and blessings, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 3:9
For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. ;

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 14:15-31, 1 Chronicles 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:1-11, Numbers 32
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:45am On May 30, 2015
Chosen To Believe The Truth - Saturday, May 30th . 

Pastor Chris

But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thessalonians 2:13-14).

God chose you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth. This is amazing. He chose you for salvation, but that salvation could only work for you through two factors: the Holy Spirit sanctifying you, and you believing the truth! If you didn’t believe the truth—the Gospel—He couldn’t have consummated your salvation. So, the Holy Spirit sets you apart (consecrates you) to believe the truth; it’s part of His glorious ministry in your life, for it takes the grace of God to believe the truth.

There’re people who only believe lies, as though they were programmed that way; they’re always in conflict with the truth. But isn’t it wonderful to know that you were chosen to believe the truth? When the Word of God comes to you, as it does every day through this devotional, your heart is ready for it; you receive it gladly, because you’ve been chosen, and you have the ability, to believe the truth.

The beautiful thing about God’s truth is that it always lifts, strengthens and protects. His truth never deceives; moreover, it’s not difficult to recognize; it’s expressed in His love; it’s always unmistakable. Halleluiah!

The Lord Jesus, in His prayer to the Father in John 17:17 said, “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is
truth.” God’s Word is truth, and truth means reality. You’ve been sanctified by the Spirit to know, believe, and walk in the realities of our heavenly Kingdom. It brings to mind the words of the Master in Luke 8:10: “…Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God….”

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for choosing me to know and believe the truth, and walk in the reality of my heavenly inheritance. Your Word lifts, strengthens, protects, and guides me today, as I give attention to it! Thank you for the manifestation of your glory in me as I live by your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. ;

James 1:18
Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 15:1-17, 1 Chronicles 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:12-21, Numbers 33
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:28am On May 31, 2015
You Need The Word Every Day - Sunday, May 31st . 

Pastor Chris

Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God (Matthew 22:29).

Every Christian needs to know and understand the Word of God. Jesus said, “Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures.” If you don’t know the scriptures, you’re going to err; you’ll go astray, which is why you need to study the Word and meditate on it every day. It’s not enough for you to rely only on the Word you hear and study when you go to church on Sundays; you need the Word every day.

In the Old Testament, God gave them manna from heaven, and told them they couldn’t depend on “yesterday’s manna” for today. He told them to get “today’s manna” for today. This is very significant, because Jesus said, “I am that bread of life” (John 6:48). So, Jesus was the manna they ate in the Old Testament, as it were, but they didn’t know it. He is the Word of God made flesh.

The Word of God is God’s food for the human spirit, and you need it every day. He also told us to meditate on the Word. Now, when He spoke to Joshua, and gave him the instructions, He said, “...thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein...” (Joshua 1:cool. So, you can’t just use your human experience of the Word of God to live a sound Christian life. You need to know the scriptures.

In Hebrews 10:22, the Bible says, “Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.” This means the Word of God affects your spirit; it affects your soul, and affects your body. The Word works in the three departments of your life! It’s the mirror of God; His transforming agent by which you’re transfigured from glory to glory.

The more you look into the mirror of God, the greater the intensity of His glory in your life. The Word of God upgrades your thinking (Romans 12:2), and maintains your physical body in health, keeping you immunized against sickness and infirmity (Proverbs 4:20-22). So, make the conscious effort to upgrade your life every day with the Word of God.

Prayer...
Thank you dear Father, for the impact of your Word on my spirit, soul, and body! As I give myself to your Word, I’m transformed; your glory in my spirit increases and reflects outwardly. With your Word in my heart, and on my lips, my life is divinely regulated for success accomplishments, Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. ;

James 1:25
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 15:18-16:1-16, 1 Chronicles 5-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:22-31, Numbers 34
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:34am On Jun 01, 2015
Triumphant Always , and in Every place !

Monday, June 1st

Pastor Chris

Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place (2 Corinthians 2:14).

God's divine plan for us is to live triumphantly in Christ Jesus. The word "triumph" doesn't just mean victory, but a great or important victory; notable success or achievement. It also means to prevail. It's the successful ending of a struggle or contest.

There're certain important points to note in the opening verse. First, is the phrase, "...always causes us to triumph in Christ...." Thus, it's God's desire to divinely position you to have great and important victories, notable successes, or achievements always - not sometimes. This is your life-time heritage in Christ Jesus; it makes no difference what happens, where you find yourself, or who's against you; God has made you triumphant!

In Christ, we don't pray to be victorious; it's our heritage; it's our life! We were born to triumph always, and in every place. That's what the Word says; read it again: " Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place". How wonderful this is! He makes manifest the savour of His knowledge by us, not in some places, or in favourable places, but in every place.

This includes physical, geographical, emotional, and spiritual places. You're triumphant always, everywhere, and in all things. God has declared it, and it is so. Let your spirit get a hold of this truth, and live accordingly. You're a victor in Christ Jesus; triumphant all the way! Have this consciousness.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for calling me to the triumphant and victorious life in Christ Jesus. It doesn't matter where or the situation I find myself; I win always! I record great and notable achievements, enjoying my days in success, progress, peace, joy, health, and unending prosperity, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. ;

1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
John 16:17-33,1 Chronicles 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Mark 14:32-42,Numbers 35
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:57am On Jun 02, 2015
The Energy Of Words - Tuesday, June 2nd . 

Pastor Chris

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith (Mark 11:23).

If all we read in Genesis 1 was, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...", it would be right to presume that God doesn't talk; He just does things! But the Bible didn't stop there. It begins by telling us that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, and tells us how He did it: through words, letting us know that God talks. Through the energy of words, He reframed and brought order to the world, which had become a chaotic mass.

What God did at the beginning was to reveal His character to us as a Creator, showing us how to bring order, beauty, and glory to our lives, and change circumstances and situations through the energy of words. As a child of God, having the Holy Spirit in you, you can never be disadvantaged. By your words, you can chart your course in victory and success. You can make your life triumphant.

Whatever you say, as long as it's consistent with God's Word, will surely come to pass. Amidst adversity, declare, "I'm rich in all things, for the Lord has given me richly all things to enjoy!" Affirm that good things are coming your way and happening for you and around you, because the Word says the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.

Remember, you were created in the image and likeness of God; that means you look like Him, and can function like Him. So like Him, use your mouth -your words- to transform circumstances, and change situations to conform to God's perfect will for you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your eternal and infallible Word, which has reshaped my understanding and perception of life. My words are faith-filled and powerful, transforming circumstances and changing situations to conform to your perfect will for me, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. ;

James 3:13
Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 17:1-26, 1 Chronicles 9-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:43-52, Numbers 36
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:27am On Jun 03, 2015
Follow His Steps - Wednesday, June 3rd . 

Pastor Chris

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps (1 Peter 2:21).

God never told us to follow or make some celebrities our examples, because He already told us in His Word whom to emulate: "THEREFORE BE imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father]" (Ephesians 5:1 AMP). So, we're to copy Jesus and emulate His lifestyle.

In addition, we're to follow the examples of men and women of faith whose exploits are chronicled for us in the Word: "Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation" (Hebrews 13:7). He wants you to be inspired by those who have taught you the Word of God, and have prevailed through the same Word. Follow their examples of faith. It's part of the reason we share testimonies of our faith exploits so God's people can built up, edified and strengthened in their faith-life.

For example, we lay hands on the sick because that's what the Word says we should do, and more so, we see such remarkable examples from the Lord Himself. In Bible days, He healed the sick and restored health to many: "...they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them" (Matthew 4:24).

It was the same story with the Apostles; they repeated the same acts of faith they saw with the Master and it worked. We're doing the same today in the mighty and matchless Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and countless testimonies abound. Many are being healed, and many others, who have seen such faith-filled ministrations on TV, the internet, or through our publications, have had their faith stirred for the miraculous! We're merely following His steps.

Let Christ be your hero and example; emulate Him in all things, and live solely for Him.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for faith that's inspired in me as I study your Word. I'm motivated and challenged by the examples of Christ, the Apostles, and the Patriarchs of faith in the Bible; and I'm fully persuaded that my faith will prevail as I put it to work today, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. ;

Hebrews 11:32-35
And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: 33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. 35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 18:1-27, 1 Chronicles 11-13

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 14:53-65, Deuteronomy 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:39am On Jun 04, 2015
Our Authority Over Devils - Thursday, June 4th . 

Pastor Chris

...What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not. (For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man... (Luke 8:28-29).

There're those who seem to have questions about what happened in Luke 8, when Jesus cast the devils out of a certain mad man in Gadara. Jesus had asked the devils to come out, but they didn't; rather, the man ran to Jesus. Why didn't the devils come out immediately, rather than the man running to Jesus? Let me explain.

First, you need to understand that every human being has to run his own life; you can't cast the devil out of someone who doesn't want the devil to go, except the person places himself under your influence. This mad man at Gadara, the Bible says, was possessed by demons for a long time. He wore no clothes and lived in graveyards and caves. He was so maniacal that he cut himself with sharp stones, night and day, and anytime he was bound with chains and fetters, he broke them (Luke 8:27-33).

However, when he saw Jesus, he ran towards Him. Now, something happened before he ran towards Jesus; when Jesus was still a distance away, the devil in him cried out with a loud voice; that's what we read in our opening verse; this happened when the Lord first commanded the devil to come out of the man. So, even though the devil didn't leave the man, he couldn't stop him from running to Jesus.

Until the man in question placed himself under the Master's influence, by running towards Him, he couldn't be helped. It's the same way today.

We have authority over devils and the cohorts of darkness in the Name of Jesus. If there's anything you're uncomfortable with, and you can perceive that Satan is the one responsible, cast him out. You don't have to shout or come out of your room to do it; there's no distance in the realm of the spirit. Call him by name and tell him to stop his operations and maneuvers; it doesn't matter where he is in this world; he'll hear you.

However, remember, when it has to do with casting him out of a person, it works best when that one places himself under your influence.

Prayer...
Thank you Father for the ability to cast out devils in the Name of Jesus; I will exercise that dominion today, and frustrate the influence and manipulations of Satan in everything that concerns me, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Timothy 2:1-2
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. ;

Mark 16:17-18
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John18:28-19:1-16, 1 Chronicles 14-16

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark14:66-72, Deuteronomy 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:16am On Jun 05, 2015
The Personification Of Christ In You - Friday, June 5th . 

Pastor Chris

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height (Ephesians 3:17-18).

Notice that Paul, in the verse above, didn't say, "That Jesus may dwell in your hearts by faith...." Rather, he said, "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith...." Jesus has ascended to heaven; the man Jesus is in heaven. So, what he's talking about here isn't the man Jesus Christ dwelling in you, rather, he's talking about all that's in the character, personality, potency of the glory and graces of Christ; the personification of Christ in you. And that's done by the Holy Spirit.

That's why, when we say, "Christ in a man" we're looking at the character, the beauty, all of the glory, power, and the righteousness of God encapsulated in a man. So, a Christian isn't just a religious person; a Christian is that man in whom Christ resides.

The word "dwell" as used in our opening verse also means, "settle"; so a Christian is one in whom Christ has settled. In other words, being born again, Christ has made His abode in the quarters of your heart; all the qualities, personality, and the character of Christ are tabernacled in your spirit! You've now become like Him, because He has settled and made His home in your heart by faith; everything about Him is now resident in your spirit.

No wonder the Bible says as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17); because His very life, the very quality of His personality and the characteristics of His glory are all in you today. Blessed truth!

Confession...
I'm seated with Christ in the place of influence, power and authority, where I reign and rule with Him. Christ has settled and made His home in my heart by faith, therefore, the very quality of His personality, His beauties and graces are evident in, and expressed through me, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 14:7-9
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Luke 4:18-19
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 19:17-42, 1 Chronicles 17-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 15:1-14, Deuteronomy 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:48am On Jun 06, 2015
Light Gives Ambience - Saturday, June 6th . 

Pastor Chris

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life (John 8:12).

Light gives colour and beauty to life, and the light under which you live will determine your understanding, perceptions and way of life. Some people live under the wrong light, and as a result, their lives are out of joint; they've found themselves in a different environment rather than God's environment. Light gives ambience. It creates the atmosphere for an environment. When God gives you His Word, through the Holy Spirit, He creates in it an environment for you to live in. The light of His Word gives you the atmosphere in that environment.

As long as you live in that environment, the light that God gives you will not be refracted; you'll never go in the wrong direction. He leads us through His light. There's an ambience created by the Word of God in which God expects you to live. It's this same atmosphere that He sent us to create for those who live in darkness.

The Bible says the dark places of the earth are filled with the habitations of cruelty (Psalm 74:20). That's talking about spiritual darkness, where the unsaved live. It's filled with wickedness, and the devils of darkness who oppress their minds and make them think they're wise, whereas they're walking in foolishness and in darkness. When we come in, and light up their world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the right ambience is created and the darkness and cruelty are dispelled.

Do you see why preaching the Gospel is compulsory for every Christian? Only through the light of the Gospel can we create the ambience of righteousness in our environments, cities, towns, and nations. That's God's only saving power to bring men out of darkness, into His marvellous light.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I declare a mighty harvest of souls into the Kingdom today, as the Gospel is preached all around the world. Many are turned from darkness into light, and from the power of Satan unto God, as your children engage in soul-winning endeavours all around the world, in the mighty Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study:
Mark 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. ;

Luke 1:79
To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 20:1-18, 1 Chronicles 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 15:15-24, Deuteronomy 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:27am On Jun 07, 2015
Talk Faith And Strength · Sunday, June 7th

Pastor Chris

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man (Ephesians 3:14-16).

What an inspiring prayer of the Spirit rendered through Paul, the Apostle, for the Church! He prays that God would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might in your inner man. The word translated "Might" means miracle-working ability; God wants every one of us to be invigorated with miracle-working ability; which means none of us is ordinary or should live an ordinary life. This is God’s will for every one of us; He wants you strengthened from within, for the supernatural life.

There’s no need griping over your inabilities or lack of strength; there’s no need to be afraid or intimidated by the oppositions you face! There’s no need to faint or lose heart over anything! The will of God has already been expressed in the Spirit’s prayer for you in our opening verse! Live in that scripture. Irrespective of how you look outwardly, maybe feeble, or weak, always declare, "I’m strengthened from within!" Confess faith and strength all the time.

That’s the way to respond to the Word of God. God didn’t only give us His Word to quote, memorize or recite; He gave us His Word to use, and to live by, and we have to respond to it accordingly. You have to agree with the Word, and say repeatedly, "I’m invigorated from within by the Holy Ghost; I’m not weak! I’m energized for victory and the supernatural life, because the Holy Ghost lives in me!" Amos 3:3 says, "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" So, when God speaks, you say the same thing in agreement with Him, and it produces results.

Whatever God says to you is for your benefit, and requires the right response. So, respond in harmony with His Word. Talk strength always, and faith will rise up within you and you’ll discomfit lurking adversities.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me to be strengthened with miracle-working ability in my inner man, by your Spirit! Christ dwells in my heart by faith, and I’m strong in the Lord and in the power of His might, positioned for victory, and energized for the supernatural life, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

further study:
Ephesians 6:10;

Colossians 1:9-11

1 year Bible Reading Plan : John 20:19-31 1 Chronicles 23-25

2 year Bible Reading Plan : Mark 15:25-32 Deuteronomy 5

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 277
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.