Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250506 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:46am On Aug 07, 2015
Search Your Heart With The Word - Friday, August 7th .

Pastor Chris

The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly (Proverbs 20:27).

There's something about sin that many need to understand. There're spiritual sins, and there're physical sins. There're sins you commit in dealing with other human beings, but there're sins you commit in dealing with God. Spiritual sins are the ones towards God.

For example, if you're proud towards people and against them, they may never know, because pride is a spiritual sin; only God sees it. And the Bible says, "...God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble" (James 4:6). That means no one who's proud can really excel with God. You can't really walk with God as long as there's pride in your heart.

Until the light of God shines in your heart, and defines pride to you, you could continue living in pride and not know it. The sad thing is, the consequences for spiritual sins such as pride are very grievous, because spiritual sins are more dangerous than physical sins. This is why, as a child of God, you ought to continually search your heart with the Word, to rid it of any form of spiritual sin. The Bible says, "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).

The Word of God checks your thoughts and your motives. Therefore, give yourself to the Word; attend church services regularly and be present at your group Bible-study meetings. During such meetings, through the in-depth teaching and study of the Word, your faith is built strong, and your heart is purified — cleansed from all unrighteousness. Jesus said in John 15:3, "Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you." The Word cleanses you from sin and gives you the power to live above sin.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, thank you for the impact of your Word in my life. I yield myself completely to be ruled by your Word — in my thoughts, words, and actions. I'm cleansed continually by your Word, and my heart is purified from all unrighteousness as I live under the Lordship of your Word today and always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

1 Thessalonians 5:22
Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Psalm 44:21
Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 9:30-10:1-21, Psalms 78

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 13:31-35, Judges 13-14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:08am On Aug 08, 2015
Be Identified With Him - Saturday, August 8th .

Pastor Chris

By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward (Hebrews 11:24-26).

Our opening scripture is a remarkable record of Moses' choice to be identified with the Lord, in spite of the benefits and attractions of Pharaoh's palace. He had been raised in the palace, but that didn't mean anything to him, compared to the divine call of God he was destined to fulfil. He gave up the temporary comfort, luxury, and worldly fame, to fulfil his destiny in God. It was an act of faith. By faith, he refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, which would have made him an heir to Pharaoh's throne.

This is what God expects of us; to be identified with Him and esteem our calling in Him much more than the wealth, fame, and comfort that the world could offer. Your union with Christ is the greatest thing on the face of the earth, far greater than anything money can acquire. That's why it's important that you know who Christ is in your heart, and believe in Him from your spirit. The knowledge of who you are in Him, and your glorious heritage in Him, will inspire in you an extraordinary boldness and confidence such that the whole world will mean nothing to you! Pleasing Him in all things, and fulfilling His destiny for your life becomes all that you care about!

Moses didn't live in Jesus' day, but he had a revelation of his identity with the saviour, because when you identify with Him, you become a saviour! And that's what Moses became. The Bible says through him, God delivered (saved) the children of Israel from Egypt. There wasn't anything attractive about going to confront Pharaoh to let God's people go. He did it at the risk of his life. However, he knew that carrying out that instruction was the most important assignment to him in all the world! Hence, he went about it undauntedly. He forsook Egypt —the world— and all it represented, unafraid of the wrath of the king.
Let nothing matter or mean more to you than the cry of the needy in the world.

Remember, you're a saviour from Zion; you were saved to save others. Identify with Him in His passion for soul-winning. Esteem His call upon your life —the call to win souls and lead men into salvation— more than the treasures of this world.

Prayer...
Heavenly Father, thank you for the privilege of being identified with you! The zeal for the Gospel and your Kingdom inundates my entire being. I have the consciousness of my identity with Christ, excited that I'm called to change people's lives with the Gospel, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Hebrews 11:31
By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 11:1-24, Psalms 79-81

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 14:1-14,
Judges 15-16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 2:06am On Aug 09, 2015
Examine Yourself, And Make The Change! - Sunday, August 9th .

Pastor Chris

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Romans 12:2).

God wants us to keep making changes and improving our lives from glory to glory. He wants you better today, than you were yesterday. The primary way for this to happen is by renewing your mind with the Word. A mind that's renewed is one that's sanctified to think right — to think excellence. A mind that's renewed with the Word is anointed to make the right decisions and choices in life.

Your way of thinking is your responsibility. One of the things you have to watch about yourself is to learn to stand outside yourself, observe your own self, and ask, "What changes do I need to make?" Too many people in the world never take the time to examine themselves, and think about the positive adjustments they could make. They think the country, the politicians, the government, etc., need to change; they know all the changes that should be made everywhere else, except in themselves!

Read the instructive verse of our opening verse one more time: "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." This verse gives you the responsibility of the change that's necessary. So, rather than think everyone, but you, is to be held responsible for the problems, or that change has to come from somebody else, be that man or woman who'll champion such positive transformation.

Always be passionate about the advancement of the lives of others. Think, "What can I do to touch the lives of others in a positive way?" That's the right way to think!

Confession...
My mind is constantly renewed by the Word; and with the investment of my personality, I influence my world for Christ! By the Spirit of God, I identify areas of my life requiring changes, and I effect such changes through the application of God's Word. Halleluiah!

Further Study:
Psalm 1:1-3
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 11:25-36, Psalms 82-84

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 14:15-24, Judges 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:08am On Aug 10, 2015
Change Is Possible - Monday, August 10th .

Pastor Chris

Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away (2 Corinthians 3:16).

If you had thought you were now too old to achieve your dreams, and that your time has passed, don't give up. All you need do is to "Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually" (1 Chronicles 16:11). There's a material that can change the oldest of men; it's the Word of God! Moses answered the call of God at the age of eighty. His old age didn't truncate his destiny. It was the same with Abraham, who received the promise at seventy-five years of age.

The Bible says, "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31). The energy you require for all that God has destined you for is of the Spirit, and it's inherent in you: "That energy is God's energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure" (Philippians 2:13 MSG). It's not too late to live for the Lord, and glorify Him with your life.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, you're the strength of my life. I take advantage of your grace and might in fulfilling my destiny in you. I'm continually energized, growing from strength to strength, by your Spirit in my inner man, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 3:16
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Psalm 73:26 GNB
My mind and my body may grow weak, but God is my strength; he is all I ever need.

Isaiah 40:29 MSG
He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 12:1-16, Psalms 85-88

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 14:25-35, Judges 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:53am On Aug 11, 2015
Read Rhapsody Of Realities

Don't Despair! - Tuesday, August 11th . 

Pastor Chris

And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest (Ezekiel 37:3).

As you grow spiritually, there could be times of difficulties, when you face serious challenges. But at such times, don't despair. Don't loathe yourself or gripe that you're going through such tough times. Even when everyone seems to be ignoring you and none is offering to help, in spite of all your appeals, refuse to be discouraged. The truth is, you're not being ignored. What's happening is that the Lord is training and teaching you to stand up, and stand strong! He's challenging and setting you up for your next level of glory.

It doesn't matter how dire the challenge you're confronted with might seem; don't run from pillar to post, seeking help from man; rather, talk your way out of it. This was what the Lord told Ezekiel to do in the valley of dry bones (Ezekiel 37:3-4). Ezekiel found himself in a valley full of dry bones and the Lord asked him, "Can these bones live?"

That was an impossible situation, but God told Ezekiel to "prophesy to the bones." As he prophesied, a great miracle took place: "...and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone" (Ezekiel 37:7). If you've found yourself in a situation where you seem to be alone before God, and everything around you seems "dry", the Lord is asking you, "Can I give life to this situation?" He's asking: "Son of man, can there be a change?" He's waiting on you to act on His Word! He wants you to put all the things you've learnt to practice.

The challenges you face are bread for you; they are your opportunity to demonstrate your faith in the Lord, and prove His Word. Therefore, refuse to become despondent. Keep declaring your health, success, prosperity, and victory in Christ Jesus.

Prayer....
Dear Father, you're my hope, my strength, and the very foundation of my existence. You're my light and my salvation. Your Word on my lips brings life to hopeless and dead situations. I'm established on the path of success, righteousness and glory forevermore, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Job 11:15-18
For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not fear: 16 Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away: 17 And thine age shall be clearer than the noonday: thou shalt shine forth, thou shalt be as the morning. 18 And thou shalt be secure, because there is hope; yea, thou shalt dig about thee, and thou shalt take thy rest in safety.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 12:17-13:1-14, Psalms 89

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 15:1-10, 
Judges 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:04am On Aug 12, 2015
Prepare Your Heart To Receive - Wednesday, August 12th .

Pastor Chris

Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked (Deuteronomy 10:16).

When the children of Israel were about to cross the Jordan, the Lord spoke to Joshua to tell the people to prepare themselves, because it was going to be a great miracle; it was going to be a different kind from what they had known in the days of Moses. Moses had to stretch forth his hand over the waters of the Red Sea, and God sent a strong wind to split the sea wide open.

But when Joshua got to the River Jordan, he didn't have to stretch his hands over the waters or reach for the rod of Moses. He sent the Priests ahead of him and all they did was to step into the water, and the Jordan opened up for the people to walk through on dry ground. It was a new day! Nevertheless, God told them to prepare.

Always, God wants us prepared. He even said, in judgment, "prepare to meet thy God" (Amos 4:12). In everything, He wants you to prepare. He doesn't just take us by surprise.

Before you attend any service in Church, for example, it's important that you prepare your heart for what the Lord is going to bless you with. Our opening verse says, "Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart." He's telling you to cultivate and condition your spirit; break up the fallow grounds; prepare your heart for the change, the glory, which the Lord is bringing to you. Prepare for the Word that's coming to you. His Word is the only material that can catapult a man from one level of glory to another. His Word is life!

For every opportunity you have to receive the Word of God, you must prepare your heart and let the message that comes to you affect your life. Receive the Word joyfully and wholeheartedly, and you'll be amazed how it'll produce result in your life. If you're the one to share God's Word with others, prayerfully and meditatively prepare your message.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the opportunity of being regularly exposed to the ministry of your Word. At every of such opportunities, my heart is set in order, fully prepared to receive the Word joyfully, without doubts or unbelief. My heart is completely available to you for the expression of your glory in my life, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Jeremiah 4:3-4 For thus saith the Lord to the men of Judah and Jerusalem, Break up your fallow ground, and sow not among thorns. 4 Circumcise yourselves to the Lord, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

Ezra 7:10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the Lord, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.

2 Chronicles 12:14 And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the Lord.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 14:1-23-15:1-4, Psalms 90-93

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 15:11-19,
Judges 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:13am On Aug 13, 2015
Get The Word Into You - Thursday, August 13th .

Pastor Chris

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple (Psalm 119:130).

Notice the instructive words of the psalmist in our opening verse; it lets us know that it's the entrance of God's Word that gives light. This means the Word has to get into your spirit! The Word in you, mingled with your spirit, is what God wants! It'll make you what it talks about, and change your life. When the Word of God gets into you, it brings you light. This means that the man who doesn't have the Word of God in his spirit doesn't have any light, and as a result, walks in darkness.

With the Word in your spirit, you're sure to make progress in life. It's not just about listening to messages on TV or DVDs; it's beyond that. You need to have the message inside you, in your heart. That's what makes the difference. If you took a corn seed, and kept it in the best refrigerator in the world, you wouldn't have any crop. If you placed it in the best Bank and most secured vault, it still wouldn't produce any crop, because that's not the right environment for seeds to grow. A seed must be placed in the right environment for it to grow and produce a crop.

Your spirit is the receptacle system for the Word of God; that's where the light of God is: "The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly" (Proverbs 20:27). Some people can quote many scriptures by heart, but the scriptures don't do much for them from inside, because it's in their heads, not in their hearts.

Your spirit must digest the Word until it affects your way of thinking, and gives you a new mind-set. If the message hasn't changed your mind, then it hasn't entered you, and that means its influence and impact in your life is limited. So, get the Word into you, and it'll remain in you, and produce what it talks about; it'll be in you a vital force that causes you to live accordingly.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, your Word is stored up in my heart, and it produces result in every area of my life. I delight in your Word, and as I meditate therein, I'm energized for victory; transformed from glory to glory, and my mind is renewed, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

1 Timothy 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 15:5-13, Psalms 94-98

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 15:20-32, Judges 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by nwakaibe(m): 11:04am On Aug 14, 2015
A Message Of Faith .
Friday, August 14th .
Pastor Chris
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love (1 Corinthians 13:13 NIV).
Faith, hope, and love are three vital forces or elements that attracted people to the message of Jesus when He walked the earth. However, our focus in today's study will be on the first one listed: faith.
When Jesus ministered, faith came alive in the hearts of His hearers. He let them know who God is, His eternal will, and what He's already done for them. He said, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" (Matthew 7:7). Neither the Pharisees nor the Sadducees ever taught the people this way! The people were enthralled by His message, because it unveiled the will of the Father to them and inspired faith in their hearts.
No wonder the multitude thronged Him, and the common people heard Him gladly (Mark 12:37). They had thought that God only blessed whoever He chose. They had assumed that God wasn't concerned about them. But Jesus debunked their erroneous beliefs about God, teaching that God loves everyone unconditionally.
As they watched Him cast out devils, open blind eyes, unstop deaf ears, and even raise the dead with an unusual demonstration of authority, many were convinced and had faith in the Father's love for them. The Bible says many believed in His Name, when they saw the miracles that He did (John 2:23). They could believe and relate to a God that they couldn't see physically, because Jesus made the Father real to them through His message.
That's the same message He sent us to preach and teach around the world. He said in John 20:21, "...as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you." If today, you're faced with a situation that seems to have defied solution, you can trust God for a miracle. He's the God who "quickens" the dead; meaning that He gives life to the dead. It makes no difference if it's a dead womb, a dead body, a dead business, or a dead bank account! You can have a miracle even now! Believe and you'll receive.
PRAYER
Dear Lord, you're the creator of heaven and earth; there's nothing too difficult for you! I trust in you with all of my heart, knowing that you're the One who gives beauty for ashes, makes crooked paths straight, and makes everything work out for my good! Thank you for giving me such a wonderful life of endless victories, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Further Study: || Hebrews 11:1 AMP Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]. ||
|| 2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. ||
Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 15:14-33,
Psalms 99-101
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 16:1-12,
Ruth 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:49am On Aug 15, 2015
He's Not Far Away! - Saturday, August 15th .

Pastor Chris

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works (John 14:10).

The Lord Jesus, when He walked the earth, walked in union with the Father, and was constantly mindful of the Father's indwelling and abiding presence. When He said in the above verse, "...the Father that dwelleth in me..." He was referring to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. He's not just an influence or a mysterious wind, as some people think. He's the Father that lives in you! He's not far away.

Become conscious that you're not alone; you're in the Father, and the Father is in you! You're one with Him. 1 Corinthians 6:17 talks about your inseparable union with the Father: "he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit." This is the reason you can enjoy rich fellowship with Him, and walk in union with Him.

There's no need to try to reach out to Him, "crying out" as though He were far away and might not hear you. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation." You came into Christ by the new birth. So, you're in Him now. Christ in you, is the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27). Thus, like Jesus, when He said, "I am in the Father, and the Father is in me" (John 14:11), you also are in the Father, and the Father is in you! Halleluiah!

That means no more fears; no more worries; no more darkness, confusion or uncertainty about the future! The One who is all knowing and all-powerful, lives in you! No wonder He says in 1 John 4:4, "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."

Prayer...
Dear Holy Spirit, thank you for taking residence in me, walking in, with, and through me! Your indwelling and abiding presence has made me a master
in life. Thank you for the glory of your presence in my life, and the resultant transformation from glory to glory, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 16:1-27, Psalms 102-103

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 16:13-18, Ruth 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by uracefriend(m): 7:49am On Aug 15, 2015
God bless your hearts!

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
uracefriend:
God bless your hearts!

Amen sir
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:29am On Aug 16, 2015
Beholding Yourself In God's Mirror-Sunday, August 16th .

Pastor Chris

And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another...(2 Corinthians 3:18 AMP).

When you study the Word of God, you're actually looking into the mirror of God. Our opening verse tells us that what you see in the mirror of God as you "look" (study the Word), is the glory of God. It means that as you steadfastly behold the glory of God, in the Word of God, you're metamorphosed; changed into the glory that you see in the Word. O, how powerful this is!

The Word of God mirrors you; it shows you your identity, origin, and heritage in Christ Jesus. When I preach the Gospel and teach others the Word, I hold God's mirror to them so they can see themselves in the Word, know who they are, as well as their rights and abilities in Christ! The one who came to church thinking he's unworthy and undeserving of God's love suddenly sees that he's loved of God. The one who thought he was a condemned sinner suddenly discovers that he's been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. That's the power of God's Word; not only does it show you who you are, it also imparts to you the ability to live accordingly.

It reminds me of a certain young man who had lost his mind, but was brought to one of our meetings. As the Word of God was taught, the anointing came on him and he was restored to his right mind. When I noticed, I called out to him and asked him his name, and he responded intelligently; something he hadn't been able to do for many years, prior to that time. More than a year later, I saw him, and asked him how he was doing. He said, "I'm doing very well; I even got a job now."

See yourself the way God sees you in His Word, and act accordingly. The Word says you're the righteousness of God —accept it, and live accordingly. Keep studying and listening to the Word of God, for the more you do, the more you're transfigured to become the glory that you see in the Word.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me the ability to see the glorious realities in your Word, thus, seeing who I am and what you've called and made me. I declare that by your Spirit, limitations, troubles, diseases and pains, are passed away, and all things are new. I've received a brand new life of victory, strength and courage, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
James 1:23-24 GNB
If you listen to the word, but do not put it into practice you are like people who look in a mirror and see themselves as they are. 24 They take a good look at themselves and then go away and at once forget what they look like.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 1:1-31, Psalms 104-106

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 16:19-31, 1 Samuel 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:04am On Aug 17, 2015
The Epitome Of His Righteousness -

Monday, August 17th .

Pastor Chris

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Notice carefully the choice of words, as inspired by the Spirit in our opening verse: Christ Jesus was made sin for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him! This is much more than being justified or made righteous by faith; rather, it means that we've become the very expression of His righteousness, and proof of His equity!

This is Christianity. This is the Gospel. We're the expression of His goodness; the expression of His grace! We're His outstretched hand of blessing to the world. No wonder He said to Abraham, "I will bless you and make you a blessing." The promise to Abraham has been fulfilled in us in Christ Jesus. Think about it: Abraham became God's blessing to the world, meaning that if God wanted to bless someone, he brought Abraham their way.

Now, that's what He's made us as well. We're the expression of His personality; everything the Father is, and represents, is expressed in and through us. The Lord Jesus made a profound statement when He said, "...he that hath seen me hath seen the Father..." (John 14:9). In John 10:30, He also said, "I and my Father are one." He expressed the will and nature of the Father. He's described for us in Hebrews 1:3 as the express image of the Father; the perfect imprint and ultimate icon of God; and we're exactly like Him.

1 John 4:17 says, "as He is, so are we in this world." So, like Jesus, we're the expression of the will and character of God. That's righteousness: it's the expression of the will and nature of God. Romans 5:17 says, "...they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." Which means you've been endowed with the ability to manifest, and express the will and nature of the Father everywhere: in every situation, in every event, and in every matter. Blessed be God!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for making Christ Jesus, who knew no sin, to be sin for me that I might become the expression of your righteousness, gifted with the ability to manifest and express your will and nature in all things, unveiling your goodness and excellence, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 3:21-22
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 5:17-18
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 2:1-16, Psalms 107-108

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 17:1-10,
1 Samuel 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:41am On Aug 18, 2015
The Administrator Of God's Blessings - Tuesday, August 18th .

Pastor Chris

The Spirit Himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together (Romans 8:16-17).

The Holy Spirit is the administrator of God's riches. God has blessed you and made you a joint heir with Christ (Romans 8:17); all things are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21). You have everything that God has ordained for you to have, but for you to vitally experience all the blessings that are yours in Christ Jesus, you must be acquainted with the Holy Spirit —the administrator of your inheritance. 1 Corinthians 2:12 says, "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God."

Consider this: a man passes on and bequeaths his wonderful inheritance to his son. However, the will stating the inheritance is in the hands of the administrator, whom the son doesn't know. There's no way he can enjoy the wealth given to him by his father, even though his name is on it, if he never gets to meet the administrator. Likewise, until you know the Holy Spirit, though you have blessings untold in Christ, you'll be unable to enjoy them.

Life in its fullness, peace, righteousness, divine healing and health, prosperity, forgiveness, fellowship with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ —these and more are God's glorious blessings given to you to enjoy freely. The Holy Spirit came to reveal these blessings to you, and teach you how to walk in them. Take advantage of His ministry in your life; have a deep and personal relationship with Him, and He'll take off the limits, and transport you into your divine inheritance, which God ordained for you before the foundation of the world!

Prayer...
Blessed Father, thank you for making it possible for me to receive the Holy Spirit, the greatest blessing anyone could ever receive. Now I know I will never walk in darkness, because the Holy Spirit reveals to me all that you've freely given to me in Christ Jesus, teaching me to walk in the glorious blessings of the Kingdom, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 14:16 AMP
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever

2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

2 Corinthians 8:9
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 3:1-23, Psalms 109-112

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 17:11-19, 1 Samuel 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:48am On Aug 19, 2015
Activating The Power - August 19th .

Pastor Chris

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord... (Ephesians 5:18-20).

Activating the power of God and getting yourself stirred in the Holy Ghost is important for every Christian. Acts 1:8 says, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you..."; meaning that everyone who's born again and has received the Holy Spirit has received power. Though the power is in you, it may not be active on its own.

The one who wants to receive from God must activate the power of God for himself or herself through faith. Paul told Timothy to stir up the gift of God in him (2 Timothy 1:6), he was referring to the power of the Holy Spirit, which can be dormant in your spirit unless you activate it.

You're responsible for activating His power in you. When you pray in tongues, you stir up that power. Another way to experience the release of the power of God in your life is by declaring God's Word. For example, when you declare, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me"; "I'm the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus"; "The Lord is the strength of my life"; it won't be long before you're filled with the Spirit.

You can turn the power on whenever you choose —whenever you are— by speaking in tongues, and declaring the Word with boldness. Stir up that power right now; declare the Word with faith, speaking in tongues as well. Before long, your spirit will be activated and the glory of God will be revealed through you.

Confession...
The Lord is my light and my salvation; He's the strength of my life! He's with me like a mighty One; therefore, no weapon fashioned against me prospers. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; I have a goodly heritage. I go out with joy and I'm led forth with peace; my steps are ordered of the Lord. Joy, health, peace, prosperity and the good life are my heritage in Christ! Blessed be the Lord forever!

Further Study:
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 4:1-21, Psalms 113-116

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 17:20-30, 1 Samuel 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by christlike31(m): 6:40am On Aug 19, 2015
Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:55am On Aug 20, 2015
An Awesome Personality - Thursday, August 20th .

Pastor Chris

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you (John 14:26).

The Holy Spirit is the one sent by the Father to go along with you in life's journey, and His aim is to make you an absolute success in everything. So, getting to know the person of the Holy Spirit, and taking advantage of His ministry in your life is very vital. You can't enjoy rich and intimate relationship with someone you don't know. Likewise, until you know the Holy Spirit and understand His ministry and work in your life, you can't walk with Him.

Except you walk closely with the Holy Spirit, you can't achieve success God's way; you may have human success, but that doesn't count before God. True success is according to God's standard and definition. True success is by the Spirit. So, learning about Him, learning about His ministry in your life —and how to fellowship with Him— should be a life's journey.

This is so because the more you learn of Him, the more you want to learn of Him. You just never get enough! Always, you want more and more of that wonderful glory of His indwelling and abiding presence, and it gets better all the time. He's the awesomely infinite personality of wisdom. With Him, life is an enjoyable, endless stream of blessings. He's not boring at all; He's full of diversity, exciting and most wonderful.

When people say life is boring, it's obvious they don't know the Holy Spirit; they're not in a rich fellowship with Him. Through fellowship with Him, you can even tell His emotions and mannerisms; you can tell how He behaves and how He thinks.

Remember, He's the author of the Scriptures. There's nothing in the Word of God that He doesn't know. He's the best teacher, and He gave us the written Word of God so we can know Him, His works and His Kingdom.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the glorious union and the privilege of constant fellowship with your Spirit. As I walk in union with Him, I experience your manifold wisdom, supernatural blessings, and revelation of your Word. I live above sickness, poverty, failure, death, defeat, and destruction, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study: ||
1 Corinthians 12:3
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Philemon 1:6
That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 5:1-13, Psalms 117-118

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 17:31-37, 1 Samuel 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:10am On Aug 21, 2015
Working The Word - Friday, August 21st

Pastor Chris

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).

Our opening scripture lets us know the power, infallibility, and immutability of God's Word. The Word produces results when you believe, confess, and act upon it as truth.

For example, 2 Corinthians 2:14 says, "Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place." This means no matter what comes your way, insist that you're triumphant always, and in all things; stand your grounds in faith —against all odds— maintaining that you're a victor in Christ Jesus.

Some Christians have the notion that "Whatever will be, will be"; and they're wrong. God didn't leave us at the mercy of the devil or the circumstances of life. He didn't leave things to chance. Not once did He tell us in the Scriptures, "Whatever will be, will be." That's what the devil would rather have people think, so they won't have to do anything about their situation. But we're smarter than that! We're Word practitioners. We act the Word.

God gave us His Word to live by, and to use in creating our glorious and triumphant lives. So, it's your responsibility to use the Word; to work the Word. Philippians 2:12 says, "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." This was what Abraham did. In Genesis 17:5, the Lord said to him, "Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee."

At this time, Abraham was nearly a hundred years old, and didn't have any child, but he believed and acted on the Word (Read Romans 4:17-21)! He didn't stagger at the promise of God, through unbelief, but was strong in faith, giving glory to God!

The change you desire in your finances, health and family is dependent on you, not God. Act on the Word. Insist that there's going to be only one outcome: what the Word says!

Confession...
I'm recording notable victories and achievements this year, being my year of triumph! I make manifest the savour of God's knowledge in every place, reigning with Christ, and bringing Him glory today, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study: ||
2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. |
|
Isaiah 55:10-11
For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
|
Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 6:1-20, Psalms 119-112

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 18:1-8,
1 Samuel 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:06am On Aug 22, 2015
He’s Excited About You - Saturday, 22th August, 2015
Pastor Chris

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love,he will joy over thee with singing (Zephaniah 3:17).

Did you know that God is excited about you? You need to take some time today to meditate on that. Some people only think of God’s wrath. They believe He’s always mad at them. They’ve been raised to think that God is only concerned about sin, and because there’s so much sin in the world, He’s mad at everybody; no! He’s not that way. God isn’t concerned about sin as many think. He was concerned about sin, and His concern about it made Him send Jesus.

When Jesus died on the cross, the problem of sin was dealt with forever. Therefore, for the believer in Christ, sin is no longer a problem. The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ brought an end to sin and ushered you into the life of righteousness: “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Corinthians 5:21). So you see, God is not mad at you; He settled the sin-problem in, and through, Jesus Christ and said,“…sin shall not have dominion over you…” (Romans 6:14).

What you need to do is to trust His righteousness; trust what Jesus came to do! You’re the fruit, the result of Christ’s redemptive work. Accept and receive His righteousness into your spirit, and live continually in His glory and grace, knowing that He’s not mad at you, but excited about you. 2 Corinthians 5:19 says,“To wit,that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.” This lets you know the mind of God. He’s not even mad at the sinner, let alone you that are born again!

Therefore, get excited about God, because He’s excited about you.

Confession...
I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; sin has no power over me. My heavenly Father rejoices over me with singing, and I bring him joy and gladness today,pleasing him in all things! I'm his crown and Pearl of great value. I'm his outstretched arm of love,joy and righteousness to the world! glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY:

Psalm 89:15-17
Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord , in the light of thy countenance. [16] In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted. [17] For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted.

Job 8:20-21
Behold, God will not cast away a perfect man , neither will he help the evil doers: [21] Till he fill thy mouth with laughing, and thy lips with rejoicing.

Psalm 97:11-12
Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart. [12] Rejoice in the Lord , ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 7:1-40, Psalms 119:113-176

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 18:9-17, 1 Samuel 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:45am On Aug 23, 2015
The Love Law - Sunday, August 23rd .

Pastor Chris

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed (James 1:25).

Many have interpreted what Apostle James said in the above verse from a religious perspective, thinking that the perfect law of liberty means "a law that makes men free." No law was given to make us free. We were born free!

When you were born again, you weren't set free. "But didn't Jesus say, "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free?" ' you might want to ask.
Now, it's important to understand the teachings of Jesus to the Jews and His teachings to the Church; He said that to the Jews. That verse doesn't say, "the truth shall SET you free," but that "the truth shall MAKE you free." What this means is that you'll experience what has already happened; the freedom that has already taken place. When you know and apply the truth of God's Word in any area, you experience the resultant blessing and liberation from that particular bondage or ignorance, as it were. Yet, this teaching was to the Jews.

James wasn't talking about a law that makes the Christian free, because once you're born again you're born free in Christ. You weren't set free from Satan or from anything that hurts or binds; you were given a new life that never existed before. You became a new creation, superior to Satan. The Living Bible puts it rightly; it says, "But if anyone keeps looking steadily into God's law for free men..." (James 1:25). That's the meaning of the law of liberty. God's perfect law of liberty is the love law.

1 Timothy 1:9 says, "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers." Does this mean we're without law? Yes, but we're not without "law" to God.

Jesus said in John 13:34, " new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." That's our law, which in reality isn't a law, but our way of life. It's natural for us to walk in love as Christians, because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5).

Prayer...
Blessed Father, thank you for your love that's been shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit. Your love is expressed and revealed through me to the world today, in my words and in my actions, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 13:8 CEV
Love never fails! Everyone who prophesies will stop, and unknown languages will no longer be spoken. All that we know will be forgotten.

1 John 5:2-3 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 8:1-13,
Psalms 120-127

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 18:18-27, 1 Samuel 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:18am On Aug 24, 2015
Execute The Sentence! - Monday, August 24th .

Pastor Chris

Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand; To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD (Psalm 149:5-9).

In Christianity, we're not called to fight the devil. Satan, the devil, is our adversary, but he's already defeated! He's been judged, and we're the ones authorized to execute his judgment! So, we don't fight him; we execute the sentence that's already been passed on him; it's part of our heritage in Christ: "To execute upon them (Satan and his demons) the judgment written: this honour have all his saints.

Praise ye the LORD" (Psalm 149:9).In John 16:11, Jesus said, "...the prince of this world is judged"; that means he's been sentenced. Halleluiah! We have the responsibility to keep Satan where he belongs —under our feet! That's why the Bible says to cast him out! You don't struggle with Satan; just cast him out.

The resurrection of Jesus made a champion of you. The Bible says you've been raised together with Him, and made to sit together with Him in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6). You're seated with Christ, far above principalities and powers. You occupy the place of authority in Christ, far above Satan and everything that's connected to him. Glory to God!

Confession...
I'm anointed with the Holy Spirit and with power! I'm superior to Satan and his demons, with the authority to execute judgment against them. I dominate and triumph over circumstances today and always, because the greater One lives in me! Glory to God!

Further Study:
1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

James 4:7
Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 9:1-27, Psalms 128-134

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 18:28-34, 1 Samuel 11-12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:58am On Aug 25, 2015
Apprehend Spiritual Realities - Tuesday, August 25th .

Pastor Chris

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1).

Being born again, you belong in the Kingdom of God's dear Son, which is a spiritual kingdom. In this kingdom, God has blessed you with all spiritual blessings. These include all things that pertain to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3); everything you could ever want, that's consistent with God's perfect will for your life, is already yours in Christ.

Healing, prosperity, success, and the life of constant victories are realities that you can apprehend in the spirit realm, and appropriate to your life. However, laying hold on these and other spiritual realities in order to make them real —vital, tangible experience— in your personal life has to be by faith! What is faith? Faith is the response of the human spirit to the Word of God. The actions you take, your response to those realities that you see in the Word of God is what faith is.

Faith is acting on those realities defined for us by the Holy Spirit, apprehending the realities of the spiritual kingdom to which you belong, and superimposing them on the natural world. In other words, when you talk about your health, healing, prosperity, and your glorious life in Christ, you're not merely trying to make something happen; rather, you're only walking in the realities that exist in the spirit realm to which you belong.

Prayer...
Heavenly Father, I thank you for the power of your Word and the ministry of the Holy Spirit in my life. I thank you for enlightening my spirit to know and apprehend all that you've made available to me in Christ. I'm walking in the reality of my inheritance in Christ, conscious that I've overcome the world and its systems, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

1 Corinthians 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Hebrews 2:4
God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
1 Corinthians 10:1-13, Psalms 135-138

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 18:35-43, 1 Samuel 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:59am On Aug 26, 2015
A Message Of Hope! - Wednesday, August 26th .

Pastor Chris

But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole (Luke 8:50).

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a message of hope; it's a message that makes the future real to the hearers, and gives them a reason to believe in that future. Some people may think that they have no future; but when they hear the Gospel, hope comes alive in them; and they look forward to a beautiful future. That's the power of the Gospel.

The Scripture is replete with the phrase "Fear not"; that's a message of hope from the Lord, telling you, "Look up; it's not over; you're not down and out!"

Imagine this scenario with Jesus: A certain man whose daughter was critically ill cried to the Master for help. Before Jesus could make his way to the man's house, one of the man's servants came with the sad news: Your daughter is already dead; there's no need to trouble the Master (Luke 8:49).

The Bible says, "As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe" (Mark 5:36). Remarkable! Even though the man's daughter was already dead, Jesus said to him, "Be not afraid, only believe." What a message of hope! When the man believed and took the Master to his house, a miracle took place; his daughter came back to life. All hope had been lost, but he had faith in the words of the Master.

Some people accuse us of giving others false hope when we preach the Gospel. What they don't know is, it's not false hope; it's "God's hope." Perhaps you're reading this today and all you can see is darkness, and nothing seems to be working; no help in sight. The Word of God says to you, "Fear not; it's not over. Only believe."

It's not the end for you; there's hope and a future for you. All you need do is to "be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might" (Ephesians 6:10). Trust Him. He never fails.

Confession...
Glory to God in the highest! I know the Lord's thoughts towards me; they're thoughts of peace, success, prosperity and a triumphant life! When the rain of life descends, and the floods come with the billowing winds, I remain strong and unmovable, because I'm founded upon the rock! All things are possible unto me, because my faith in the Word is effective. I'm triumphant today and always! Blessed be God!

Further Study:
Romans 15:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 10:14-11:1, Psalms 139-141

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 19:1-10, 1 Samuel 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by sofman(m): 9:04am On Aug 26, 2015
thanks ya all for your posts, God bless

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:59am On Aug 27, 2015
Constantly Renewed · Thursday, August 27

Pastor Chris

Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint (Isaiah 40:30-31).

The word translated "renew" above actually means "to bring back to life." The picture is that of a tree that’s been hewed and expected to die, but suddenly, there’s a change and it’s brought back to life. It’s a kind of transformation where "death" is replaced with a new life.

The prophet likens this to what happens as we "serve" the Lord; as we work in His vineyard, our strength is renewed! Weakness is replaced with His divine might. It’s a kind of exchange, where you give your weakness to Him and you take His strength in place of weakness. Halleluiah! That’s the reason one of the synonyms of the Hebrew word translated "renew" is "substitute"; it’s an exchange. So, your weakness is given up for His strength.

That’s God’s plan for you; He’s the One who gives power to the weak: "He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength" (Isaiah 40:29). When you walk in sync with God’s Spirit, you’ll never run out of strength. Paul said, "For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day" (2 Corinthians 4:16).

As you "wait" on the Lord, working for and together with Him, there’s a renewal of your strength; you’re constantly refreshed, and rejuvenated by the Spirit of God, through the Word. This is what keeps a Christian fresh, and full of joy in the midst of turmoil and challenges; always afire, fervent and exuberant in the spirit.

Confession...
I’m strong in the Lord and in the power of His might! His grace is sufficient for me always, and His power is made perfect in my weakness. He’s my rock, and my fortress; my strength, and in Him will I trust forever!

further study:
Psalm 103:1-5;
1 A Psalm of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Ephesians 3:16
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

1- Year Bible Plan: Psalms 142-145 1 Corinthians 11:2-34

2-Year Bible Plan: Luke 19:11-19 1 Samuel 15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:29am On Aug 28, 2015
Taught by the Anointing - Friday, August 28

Pastor Chris

But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. (1 John 2:20

As a Christian, if you’ve received the Holy Spirit, there’s an anointing upon your life; there’s an “unction” on you. That word, “unction” is the same as the anointing.1John2:27 says, “But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” It says the anointing teaches you.

This means whatever problem you’re faced with as a child of God, be it financial or in your job, health, family—whatever it may be—the anointing can teach you what to do. If you’d listen to the Lord in your heart, you’ll hear His voice! You’ll hear Him tell you what to do, because it’s His will and desire to guide and lead you from glory to glory, on the path of triumph!

Isaiah 30:21 says,“And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.” No child of God should walk in darkness or confusion. You should never be at a crossroads; there’s an anointing on you. No longer should you make the wrong choices and investments in life, because you have a “Teacher” inside you, who has anointed your mind to think excellently and make quality and intelligent decisions.

Read 1 John 2:27 again. The anointing teaches you all things; not some things. In other words, by the Holy Spirit, you can know how to run your family, your job, your business, your finances, academics, and everything you need to know about life. Always be conscious that you’re not an ordinary person. you're anointed of God: “Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God” (2 Corinthians 1:21). The anointing of the Spirit in your life makes your life supernatural!

Prayer...
Dear Lord,I thank you for the impact of your Word in my life. By the anointing, which I've received and which abides in me, my fruitful field is turning into a forest, and my life is glorious everyday, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Ephesians 6:10
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

1YEARBIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 12:1-31 Psalms146-150

2YEARBIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 19:20-27 1 Samuel 16

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 1:32am On Aug 29, 2015
Don't Ignore Their Cry - Saturday, August 29th .

Pastor Chris

And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness (Colossians 3:14).

You must always be willing to help others. You must hear the cry of pain from others, and respond. There're people who never hear the cry of pain from afar or near. There's a cry of joy, but there's also a cry of pain that you hear or see with others, which forces you to respond.

There can be a cry of pain in a message someone sent to you. Sadly, some people can't perceive such; they're not sensitive to the pain that others feel. You can look at someone and tell there's a cry of pain in that person's heart. And when you notice it, respond to it; don't ignore it.

God cares about the poor; He cares about the needy; He cares so much about those who are in pains. He's moved with the feelings of our infirmities. The Bible says, "Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand is God's hand for that person" (Proverbs 3:27 MSG). Don't ignore that person who needs your help, because the Lord is counting on you: "Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful" (Luke 6:36). Learn to think like God, because you're identified with Him.

Be kind and affectionate to children, especially those that have no one to cater for them. There're many orphans, widows, and other needy people crying out for help. Don't ignore them. Help as many of them that can benefit from your prosperity. The Bible says in Proverbs 19:17, "He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again."
Our opening verse says, "And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness."

The Greek word for charity is "agape," which is love. It's saying, "Put on love: the bond of perfectness." Let your love be "seen" and "felt." Your love needs to be expressed; your love must be acted. Hear the cry of the weary soul: "My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth" (1 John 3:18).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the flame of your love and compassion that burns fervently in my heart! I yield myself to your Spirit, to be the answer to the cry of the needy. Thank you for the greater opportunities to extend your loving kindness to them, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 3:17
But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

Proverbs 14:21
He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.

Galatians 6:2
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 13:1-13,
Proverbs 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 19:28-40, 1 Samuel 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:13am On Aug 31, 2015
Love Is Proved When Tested - Monday, August 31st .

Pastor Chris

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8 ).

God is love (1 John 4:8 ); and that refers to practical love; love that's selfless, liquid, and unfeigned; love that can be seen, felt, and touched. That's God's love, and it takes the Holy Spirit to demonstrate the God-kind of love.
Love must be demonstrated. Man is the object of God's love. The Bible says, "For God so loved the world..." (John 3:16); not the world of things, but the world of humans. He created man and made friends with him.

Man however failed, but this didn't quench God's love. Man's failure was an opportunity for God to further express His great love for man. Love is proved when tested, not necessarily when everything is beautiful and in order. It's proved when there's a challenge or a need. When others seem to be most undeserving of love, it's the perfect opportunity to demonstrate God's love.

Our opening verse says, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Can you imagine that? While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us —not after we came to Him. Now, Jesus said, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another" (John 13:34). How has He loved you? He loved you when you didn't deserve it; when you were still a sinner: " But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins..." (Ephesians 2:4-5). This is the same way He expects us to love others.

Seize every opportunity to express your love! The Bible says, "...if I surrender my body to be burned or in order that I may glory, but have not love (God’s love in me), I gain nothing" (1 Corinthians 13:3 AMP). For you to continually experience greater levels of the anointing of God's Spirit, you must walk in love always.

Confession...
I'm full of God's love and I demonstrate it profusely and unconditionally, because the Spirit of God works in me, to lift, encourage, and build others, touching them with the compassion and liquid love of Christ, to the end that they may be established in the Kingdom of God's dear Son! Halleluiah!

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 13:13 ASV
But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

1 Peter 4:8 MSG
Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything.

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 15:1-34,
Proverbs 5-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 20:1-8, 1 Samuel 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:11am On Sep 01, 2015
Our Exceptionalism - Tuesday, September 1st . 

Pastor Chris

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9 AMP).

There're those who don't believe that there's anything significant about them; they love generality. They even say, "Let's not behave as if we're special." They may even be Christians, and in the same church with you, and yet be asking, "Why are we acting as if we're so special?" They don't like it when we demonstrate or talk about our uniqueness.

Think about this: in Genesis 12:1, the Bible says, "Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee." This was one man who had a family, as well as relatives. But God spoke to him alone, and told him something no other person was privy to. Who was he going to tell about his instruction from the Lord? Who would believe him?

You can be sure that those in his day must have thought he was out of his mind, wondering, "How can he claim that God asked him to leave his father's land and embark on a journey without a known destination?" But history shows us Abraham was right. Glory to God! That does begin to tell us something about the Abrahamic exceptionalism, of which we're a part, because we're the seed of Abraham. What's exceptionalism?

Exceptionalism is the theory or idea that you're uniquely different in some way; it could be as a nation or society, a movement, an institution, a family, even as an individual. And it connotes the idea of the supremacy of ideology, which means you hold that your beliefs and ideas are so important and superior to others, which therefore, inspires you to the responsibility of leadership.

Thus, as Christians, we know we're special; we have the greatest and most sublime heritage. This idea motivates us to win souls, so others can become partakers of the same glorious inheritance, and citizens of our great spiritual nation. We're different and should think and live accordingly.

Prayer...

Dear Lord, my mindset is adjusted to think, talk and act in line with who I am —the seed of Abraham— one that's been separated for glory and honour. I'm conscious that I'm uniquely different, because of God's presence and glory in my life. Therefore, I'm triumphant always, reigning and winning in life, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Galatians 3:7
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

James 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 15:35-58, Proverbs 8-9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 20:9-18, 1 Samuel 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:34am On Sep 02, 2015
The Call To Leadership - Wednesday, September 2nd .

Pastor Chris

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid (Matthew 5:14).

In our previous study, we observed that exceptionalism signifies the belief that you're uniquely different. It carries the idea that you have an ideology that's superior, which bestows on you the responsibility of leadership.

For example, Nehemiah wasn't the only Jew who was outside Israel in his day. He wasn't the only one that heard about Jerusalem and its walls that were broken down. But once he was told, he was ready to do something, even though he was a slave in another land. He was compelled to take action, because of the condition of the land of his nativity. He knew he was different and had it in him to champion the cause.
Jesus said, "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid" (Matthew 5:14).

You're that city on a hill; so what? You're supposed to lead. You're supposed to show the way, because light gives direction. That's why you must do something to improve the world of your time. God has made you an oasis in a dry, weary and harsh world. The Bible says in Psalm 74:20, "...the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty," but you're the one to turn things around.

You're the one to turn on the light of God's righteousness and see to it that His Kingdom is established in the earth, by preaching the Gospel.

This is the same reason we're passionate about ensuring that the Gospel of Christ gets to every nation of the world. The consciousness of our unique message propels us to get it across to the whole world through our various outreaches. The Lord gave us unique revelations of His Word to change the world, and we're fulfilling our calling, covering the earth with the knowledge of His Word, as the waters cover the sea.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, I thank you for separating me to yourself for your sacred use, making me a blessing to my world! I'm a solution provider, a lifter of men, a dispenser of your grace, excellence, righteousness and wisdom! Thank you for ordaining me to lead and show many the path to divine life, through the Gospel, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 9:16
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

Romans 1:1
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

Acts 9:15
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 16:1-24, Proverbs 10-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 20:19-26, 1 Samuel 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by donnie(m): 7:17am On Sep 02, 2015
Weld one brother
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by donnie(m): 7:18am On Sep 02, 2015
Weldone brother

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 281
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.