Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,919 members, 7,956,451 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (258626 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Nobody: 7:57am On May 19, 2016
Gombs:

None that I know off.. But I could still add you to one like that or better still send it to you directly

okay thank you. Here is my number 08185764038
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:16am On May 20, 2016
The Divine Order - Friday, May 20

Pastor Chris

For because ye did it not at the first, the LORD our God made a breach upon us, for that we sought him not after the due order (1 Chronicles 15:13).

There's such a thing as divine order. Order here, is a prescribed form of religious service or rite. Through the scriptures, we see that the Lord established definite orders and patterns for different services of spiritual importance. Even the ministries and offices of the prophets, priests, and kings had divine orders guiding their actions and in relation to one another.

In 1 Corinthians 14:40, the Spirit said through the Apostle Paul, "Let all things be done decently and in order." When Moses was about to make the tabernacle, God admonished him to make everything according to the prescribed order: "...Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount" (Hebrews 8:5).

There's a pattern; there's a way; there's a prescribed order in doing the things of God; follow it and you'll experience His grace and blessings in your life and in your service to Him. To do otherwise is to walk against His perfect will, like what happened to David and the children of Israel when they didn't follow the prescribed order in moving the ark of God into the city of David. The repercussion was grievous (Read 2 Samuel 6:1-10).

Follow God's Word. Carry out His instructions according to the prescribed order. Don't break ranks. Don't have your own way. When instructions are given to you in the house of God, not only are you required to act on them swiftly, let it also be according to the divine order.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the ability of your Word in my spirit. I'm a doer of the Word, not just a hearer. The results of living in, and by the Word are evidently manifested in every area of my life today, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Proverbs 19:20
Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.

James 1:22
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

1 Samuel 15:22
And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 9:1-41, 2 Kings 4-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 11:1-11, Proverbs 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:40am On May 21, 2016
God's Word—The Seed Of Divine Life - Saturday, May 21

Pastor Chris

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever (1 Peter 1:23).

The Bible declares that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin. That's significant because the life of a human being comes from the man, and not from the woman. Howbeit, the body of a human being comes from the woman. It's therefore something extraordinary for Jesus to be born of a virgin. Where did His life come from? It came from the Word.

The angel brought words from God to the Virgin Mary (Luke 1:35). Mary believed and received the Word (the see of God), and the Holy Spirit came upon her to conceive the child without the agency of the seed of man. The Word of God is the seed of God (Luke 8:11); that's the seed of divine life, just as the life of an orange tree is in that little orange seed.

When you receive God's Word, you receive the life of whatever it talks about; whatever you're hearing from God is the seed to produce in you, or for you, what it talks about. For example, when we preach and teach divine healing, the hearer receives the seed of healing and it produces healing and health. Likewise, when we teach God's Word on the subject of finances, it produces seed of financial blessings and miracles. That's the power of God's Word!

Christianity is no religion. Jesus Christ was the Word of God made flesh (John 1:14). We also were born again by the same seed (Word). That's what we read in our opening verse. You have the same life as God Himself, because you're born of the Word—God's indestructible seed (1 Peter 1:23).

You're not born of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God (John 1:13). This is what makes your origin divine. 1 John 4:4 says, "Ye are of God, little children...," meaning that you hail from God; you're a partaker of the divine nature (2 Peter 1:4). Glory to God!

Confession...
I'm born of the Word and Spirit of the Lord, therefore, I'm impregnable to anything that hurts or binds, because I hail from God! I've overcome the devil and his cohorts of darkness, for the greater One dwells in me! I have the nature of God; I'm more than a conqueror; I'm an associate of the God-kind, and I'm living triumphantly every day, through Christ Jesus.

Further Study:

Luke 1:35
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 10:1-21, 2 Kings 6-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 11:12-19, Proverbs 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:32am On May 22, 2016
Alive By The Spirit - Sunday, May 22nd

Pastor Chris

*But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you (Romans 8:11).*

1 Peter 1:23 says, *"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."* God gave birth to us by the Word, through the Spirit. You're not an ordinary person. The human life you received from your parents has been replaced, supplanted, by the divine life of Christ.

Often, I tell people that Christianity is more than a legal document; it's a vital experience; there's a true life from Christ beating in your heart. The natural man (the person who's not born again) lives by blood, but a Christian lives by the Spirit. No wonder Jesus, referring to the new creation, said, *"...if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them...."* (Mark 16:18).

The blood that's flowing through your veins isn't what's keeping you alive. "What then is the importance of the blood?" you may ask. Well, the blood testifies of your humanity. Leviticus 17:11 says, *"For the life of the flesh is in the blood...."* Hence, the redemption of man was by the shedding of blood.

However, in the New Testament, the life of your flesh is no longer your blood but the Spirit (read our opening verse again). There's no sickness or disease strong enough to ravage your body. Sickness and disease attack the blood, and destroy the body.

But your life isn't dependent on blood: *"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: WHICH WERE BORN, NOT OF BLOOD, NOR OF THE WILL OF THE FLESH, NOR OF THE WILL OF MAN, BUT OF GOD"* (John 1:12-13).

Have this consciousness. It doesn't matter the symptoms that may try to fasten themselves on your body, you're alive and healthy by the Holy Spirit.

Confession...
I'm a new creation in Christ, with the life and nature of God at work in my spirit! My entire being is inundated by the divine life that flows in every fibre of my being, every cell of my blood, and every bone of my body. I live over and above sickness, the devil, and the rudiments of this world, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

John 1:13
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 10:22-42, 2 Kings 8-9

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 11:20-29, Proverbs 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:30am On May 23, 2016
You Must Keep Bearing Fruits - Monday, May 23

Pastor Chris

He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down (Luke 13:6-9).

The scripture above is a parable told by the Lord Jesus Christ with which He emphasized the importance of fruitfulness in God's Kingdom. The owner of the vineyard had come seeking fruit from a particular fig tree, but there was none. Then he said to the vinedresser, "Cut it down." The vinedresser, however, pleaded for more time to cultivate the tree some more, perhaps eventually it'd produce fruits. Otherwise, it could be cut down.

The tree was of no value in the vineyard if it wouldn't produce any fruits. In the same way, the Christian is a tree of righteousness in the Lord's vineyard and is expected to be productive (Isaiah 61:3). A Christian that's not producing fruits of righteousness is like the fig tree which the owner of the vineyard said should be cut down, and to which he said, "...why cumbereth it the ground?"
(Luke 13:7). In other words, why waste good ground for an unproductive tree?

Some Christians have been born again for a very long time, yet they've never led a soul to Christ; they've never brought someone else to church. That's like the unproductive fig tree. If perhaps, you've been that way, you must make a change today! First, ask the Lord to forgive you. Then, ask the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you to witness to someone today about Jesus Christ. Start from today to tell others about Jesus, who He is to you, and His saving grace.

Paul said, "For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead" (2 Corinthians 5:14). Be passionate about bearing fruits for the Lord, because He desires that of you.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the opportunity to be inspired and instructed by your Word. I'm like a well-watered garden, fruitful at all times. I'm the fruit-bearing part of God's vine and I'm producing durable fruits; fruits of righteousness, because I'm a tree of righteousness, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

John 15:1-2
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15
For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 11:1-16,
2 Kings 10-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 11:30-34, Proverbs 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:42am On May 24, 2016
Don't Delay - Tuesday, May 24

Pastor Chris

I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work (John 9:4).

Avoid procrastination. Don't delay in the things you should do. Act at the right time; act while you can, because the opportunity may not always be there. What's that vision the Lord laid in your heart at the beginning of the year? How far have you fulfilled it? It could be about your evangelical work as a Christian or a minister of the Gospel. It could be about your job or family or even your health. Don't delay. Be about what He asked you to do, and refuse to be distracted.

Oftentimes, when you don't do what you should do at the right time, your inaction could prevent you from getting to the next level of your life. So, do the right things at the right time. It's one of the benefits of yielding yourself to the Holy Spirit, and the Word of God; His wisdom propels you to do the right thing at the right time, the right way, for the right purpose.

Sometimes, the consequences of delay could take several years to correct; so, take action now. Don't delay in doing the Lord's bidding. Once you take the step and put the required effort into that which He has inspired you to do, His miracle-power comes upon your efforts, and His glory is revealed in what you do. So, don't delay to act on His Word. Don't delay to act on His instructions and the inspirations that come to you.

Some people get the prompting of the Spirit to do something, but they ignore that prompting, because they want to pursue some other things first. Sadly, they often never get a second chance. It pays to know the voice of the Lord and respond promptly when He speaks. It pays to know the voice of the Lord and respond promptly when He speaks. It pays to do what He wants you to do when He wants it done.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your wisdom, glory, grace, power, and the divine enablement you've imparted to my spirit so as to live the victorious Christian life, every day. By your Spirit, I'm divinely positioned to fulfil my destiny in Christ, fruitful in the ministry of reconciliation, to the glory of your Name, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Proverbs 22:29
Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

Proverbs 28:19 GNB
A hard-working farmer has plenty to eat. People who waste time will always be poor.

Psalm 90:12
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 11:17-57, 2 Kings 13-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 12:1-11,Proverbs 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:45am On May 25, 2016
Born To Reign - Wednesday, May 25

Pastor Chris

...Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world... (John 18:37).

The Bible tells us how God appeared to Abraham when he was ninety years old, and blessed him. He said to him, "And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee" (Genesis 17:6). Some Bible translations say, "...some kings will come out of thee," but that's wrong. God wasn't thinking about the kings of Israel and Judah that would reign over His people; He was talking about a generation that'd be born as kings.

In the following verse, the Lord said, "And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee." His everlasting covenant wasn't with Abraham's physical, earthly seeds like Isaac, Jacob etc., who only received the blessing in part.

Galatians 3:16 says, "Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ." The seed He was talking about is Christ, and we're heirs of the promises that were made to Abraham because we're in Christ: "And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise" (Galatians 3:29).

So, when God said to Abraham "...kings shall come out of thee...," He was actually talking of us, the new creation. Romans 5:17 says, "For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." The Greek rendering of the word, "reign" accurately means "to king." Thus, the actual Greek construction should be, "...they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall king in life, by one, Jesus Christ."

You were born to reign (to king) in life over demons, sickness and disease, poverty, failure, circumstances and death, because you're Abraham's seed, and a joint heir with Christ. Therefore, have the mentality of absolute success and dominion. Christ reigns on earth today through you.

Confession...
I know who I am! I'm Abraham's seed and I reign and rule in this life. I walk in the consciousness of abundance and dominion because I'm a joint-heir with Christ; therefore, all things are mine!

Further Study:

Galatians 3:7-9
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 12:1-19, 2 Kings 16-17
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Corinthians 12:12-21, Proverbs 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:24am On May 26, 2016
Value Spiritual Things - Thursday, May 26.

Pastor Chris

And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me? (Genesis 25:32).

Obadiah 1:21 tells us something striking; it says,
“And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau….” Esau represents the godless, the profane or body-ruled; those who don’t have value for spiritual things. Such people, the Bible says, are in the flesh and therefore can’t please God (Romans 8:8 ).

Esau was the older brother of Jacob, and because of his profanity, he sold his birthright to Jacob for a bowl of food. The spiritual implication of his action didn’t quite dawn on him at the time. It wasn’t about the food he ate; it was about his disdain for spiritual things. The birthright was spiritual. It had a special blessing, yet Esau forfeited it to his younger brother, because of food. What he wanted was for physical gratification: what he could touch, taste, or feel at that moment. And he got it. He made a carnal choice over that which was spiritual.

Jacob, on the other hand, was smart. He wanted the blessing, and he got it. The blessing is an unseen elixir. The senses can’t perceive the blessing. What you can see about the blessing are the results of the blessing. It’s like the anointing of God’s Spirit; you can’t see or touch the anointing, but it’s real, and it’s supernatural.

There’re some today who have no value for spiritual things; they’re like Esau. They’ll rather sit at home to watch a sports event at the time they ought to be in church. They’d rather accommodate social engagements when they ought to be praying. These are carnal Christians. What life are you living? What are the things that are important to you? What do you set your affections on? Does the blood of Jesus that was shed for you on the cross mean something to you? Do you meditate often on His vicarious sacrifice on your behalf? Have you sat down to contemplate and comprehend the love of God demonstrated towards you? Does He have the rulership in your life every day?

Let Christ, and the reign of His glorious Kingdom be all that truly matters to you. Let your passion for spiritual things, and love for the Master, be evident in all you do.

Prayer...
Gracious and loving Father, thank you for your love for me, and your glory that’s evident in my life. Thank you for your Lordship and leadership over my life, and for your wisdom that guides me always in your perfect will. My life is for your glory, now and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 12:15-17, Matthew 6:33, and Colossians 3:2

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: John 12:20-502 Kings 18-19

2 Year Bible Reading Plan:
1 Corinthians 12:22-31, Proverbs 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:21am On May 27, 2016
Let Him Lead You - Friday, May 27

Pastor Chris

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:25).

Walking in the Spirit is walking in the light of God's Word. When you walk in the Spirit, no matter what your senses tell you, you'll be able to discern which direction God wants you to go. Many people live in uncertainty. But as a child of God, the Spirit of God is in your life to lead and guide you. He guides you in the perfect will of God, away from defeat, failure, and anything that hurts.

Learn to live according to the Spirit. John said we should walk in the light as He is in the light (1 John 1:7). And Jesus said, "...I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12). To follow Jesus is to walk in accordance with the Word; it's to walk in the direction of God's Spirit for your life. Let Him guide you. In your job, He can tell you what to do; same as with your family, health, finances, and other areas of your life. All you need is to yield to Him.

He's your protection. He's your shield. He's your courage and your strength. He's your ability. Christians whose lives are full of struggles have one major problem: they're yet to allow the Holy Spirit fully take over their lives. You were brought into an extraordinary life of rest, glory, endless possibilities and victories when you were born again, and the One to lead and guide you in the path God ordained for you to walk, is the Holy Spirit!

When He's charge of your life, circumstances and situations will always work in your favour. He'll bring perfection to your life. He'll cause you to grow from strength to strength, from grace to grace, from faith to faith, and from one level of greatness to another. Trust Him with your life. Commit your pursuits in life to Him, and He'll lead you through victoriously. It's His joy for you to be a success and live triumphantly every day.

Prayer...
Dear Lord, thank you for showing me the path of life, wherein I have glory, abundance, health, peace, and fulfilment. I walk in the light, for your Word is a lamp to guide me, and a light for my path! I'm yielded to the guidance and rulership of your Spirit always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Isaiah 58:11
And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 13:1-30,
2 Kings 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, Proverbs 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:00am On May 28, 2016
He's Given Us Everything - Saturday, May 28

Pastor Chris

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue (2 Peter 1:3).

The truth in our opening verse is also paralleled in 1 Corinthians 3:21; it says, "Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours." Did you notice it doesn't say "some things," or "only the things you pray about are yours?" Rather, it says all things are yours! This is the reality. Affirm it. Believe the Word and act accordingly.

The Word of God is very clear about this. This isn't something to argue with, doubt or negotiate. Everything you require: the money, facilities, ideas, vision, human, and material resources, etc., have all been granted you in Christ Jesus. You have everything that's required for an extraordinary life of righteousness and glory in the earth; everything that's necessary for you to live and excel in the God-life. This means you can live for God; you can be effective in doing things for Him, ministering to Him, and living triumphantly every day!

Knowing this, therefore, how could you be in lack? David said, "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want" (Psalm 23:1). How could you live the down life? Refuse to see the problems and lapses in this world. Live the higher life. You're Abraham's seed. Live above this world's systems. It doesn't matter the circumstances in the earth realm; you're not of the earth. Do what the Word says, and walk your way upwards from glory to glory.

Confession...
I've been blessed and fortified in Christ Jesus with everything I need for life, and godliness; therefore, I live triumphantly today and always! I'm walking in the glory of God, pleasing Him in all things, and fruitful in every good work. He's made my life pleasant; I'm a delightsome land, a tree of righteousness, producing fruits of righteousness. Blessed be the Lord!

Further Study:
Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

1 Corinthians 3:21-23
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; 22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; 23 And ye are Christ’s; and Christ is God’s.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 13:31-14:1-14, 2 Kings 23-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 14:1-9, Proverbs 24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:28am On May 29, 2016
We "Prove" His Will - Sunday, May 29

Pastor Chris

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Romans 12:2).

The word "prove" in our opening verse is the Greek "dokimazo," a very interesting word. Let me get you to fully appreciate its import by painting you a picture. If you've ever travelled to a foreign country, you most certainly would have passed through 'customs and immigration' before you were allowed in. Usually, you're made to pass through or pass your things through some machine to scan whatever you have, to be sure you're not bringing in contraband. The 'customs or immigration' officials scrutinize you to decide if you're eligible to go in. That's "dokimazo."

When it says, "...that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God" (Romans 12:2) it means, like those officers, you're God's man or woman to scrutinize, decide, and choose the good things that you want to come into this world; things that conform with the good, acceptable and perfect will of God.

You're the expression of His goodness; the vent for His glory. 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." We're the righteousness of God; His righteous ones. We give expression to God's glory; we allow the good things of God to come into this World. It's our calling. All of creation is in pain, groaning and waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God (Romans 8:19). And God says to us, "prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." It's our job.

Now you can further understand what Jesus meant when He said whatever you forbid on earth is forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth is permitted in heaven (Matthew 18:18). So, what are you going to allow into your world? Let good things come through you. Allow His joy, peace, prosperity, love, kindness, and righteousness, flow through you to your world. When people see you, let them see joy; joy unspeakable and full of glory. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for guiding me in the path of your perfect will for my life through the guidance from your Word, and the Holy Spirit. I express your goodness, righteousness, love, glory, and joy, filling my world with the aroma of your glory, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:19
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Matthew 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

1 Thessalonians 5:21
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 14:15-31, 1 Chronicles 1-2
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 14:10-19, Proverbs 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:18am On May 30, 2016
Faith Comes In The Word - Monday, May 30

Pastor Chris

And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you (Luke 17:6).

Jesus emphasized that the smallest amount of faith can produce great results. Someone may say, "How am I sure I have faith, let alone little one?" The Bible says, "...God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith" (Romans 12:3). Notice that it says, "the measure of faith"; that means there's a definite measure for everybody.

We all received the same measure of faith at the new birth, but what you do with yours is what matters; you have to make it grow. Some have made their faith grow, some others haven't; they're still living at the level of faith after many years of being a Christian. You must exercise and grow your faith by putting it to work.

When you think you don't have enough faith, then you need to hear more of God's Word; the Word will produce and impart faith to your spirit. You don't have to struggle or try to make it happen; just hear the Word, and faith will be stirred in your spirit: "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17).

A young man walked into church some years ago, having been convinced by his friends to come. He came in with so much doubt and unbelief, but as he listened to the Word being preached, he began to have a change of heart. When I had a chat with him after the service, he said to me, "Somehow, I believed the things you preached." He believed because faith came to him in the Word.

You might have noticed sometimes, as you listen to God's Word, maybe while in church, or on your own during your personal study, the whole world suddenly seems small. All the challenges you may have been facing suddenly seem like nothing. The reason is that when the Word of God enters your spirit, it sparks up faith in you. Every time you hear God's Word, your spirit is energized; the Word becomes real in your spirit, giving you a sense of victory and dominion.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the faith that your Word bolsters in me even now! Armed with the Word in my heart, and in my mouth, I surmount challenges, change situations, work miracles, and consistently walk in victory, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Romans 4:18-20
Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations; according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. 19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb: 20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 15:1-17, 1 Chronicles 3-4
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 14:20-30, Proverbs 26

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 3:23pm On May 31, 2016
Be About His Work - Tuesday, May 31st .

Pastor Chris

...This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven (Acts 1:11).

More than ever, you must take your participation and involvement in the things of God very seriously. Commit yourself to God's vision. His vision is soul winning; He wants the whole earth to be filled with the knowledge of His glory as the waters cover the sea. Hence, everything you do must be geared towards winning souls for Jesus Christ; it's your calling. Stay focused and committed to it.

Make no mistakes, He's coming back again, and He needs to find you busy, doing what He told you to do. He said to His disciples, "If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15). If you truly love Him, do His will; live for Him. Don't let your life be conditioned to this earth. Let Him come and find you doing what He's called you to do.

You may ask, "How soon is He coming?" Very soon! It doesn't matter if it's in a matter of days, weeks, months or years; as long as you're in fellowship with Him, walking in the light as He is in the light (1 John 1:7), when He comes, you'll be ready. You might just be winning souls on that day, or disturbing Rhapsody of Realities when that trumpet sounds, but you'll hear it. The Bible says, "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Corinthians 15:52).

Put away every distraction and be afire for the Lord, fulfilling the ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18-19). Let God, and His work of kingdom expansion, be all that you live for. One day, you're going to stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ, and give account for everything He instructed you to do (2 Corinthians 5:10). Let Him say to you at the end, "...Well done, thou good and faithful servant..." (Matthew 25:21).

Prayer...
Precious Lord, your zeal and passion have consumed me, and like never before, I'm spreading the message of the Gospel of Christ into the nations of the world. I'm enabled by the Spirit, to proclaim the Word with power and boldness, turning many from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, and into their inheritance in Christ, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matthew 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Luke 21:25-27
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 15:18-16:1-16, 1 Chronicles 5-6
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 14:31-40, Proverbs 27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:23am On Jun 01, 2016
Serving In Newness Of Spirit - Wednesday, June 1st

Pastor Chris

For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, whichwere by the law, did work in our members to bring forthfruit unto death. But now we are delivered from the law,that being dead wherein we were held; that WE SHOULD SERVE IN NEWNESS OF SPIRIT, and not in the oldness of theletter (Romans 7:5-6).

Our opening scripture is part of Apostle Paul’s letterto the church in Rome, where he admonishedthem to serve God in newness of spirit, and not according tothe old ways of the flesh. To serve God in newness of spirit means to serve Him in your present state as one who’s been recreated in righteousness and true holiness, and not according to the Law or the senses.

This brings us to an understanding of what he (Paul)said in 2 Corinthians 5:17 that if any man be in Christ, he’sa new creation; old things—the old life of the flesh andeverything associated with it—are now passed away, and allthings have become new. Being born again, you have a newness of life; a Spirit-filled, Spirit-dominated, and Spirit-influenced life.

Romans 6:6 says, “Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.” The old life has been crucified with Christ. You have now put on Christ (Galatians3:27). It wasn’t just a mere change that took place in youwhen you were born again; it was an actual spiritual rebirth.It was a translation, a replacement, or supplanting of theold life with which you were born by your parents, with the indestructible life of God. It’s a brand new life.

This new life in you transcends all the distractions anddebilitating influences of the earthly realm. Romans 6:4 says, “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: thatlike as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of theFather, even so we also should walk in newness of life.” The expression, “newness of life” doesn’t refer to, or suggest, arenewed life in terms of reworking or refurbishing what wasthere before; no. It actually means that the old life has been completely replaced by a new one that never existed before.

Moreover, this new life is higher and different in quality from the human life, because it has its origin in God. Yourold nature was taken away the moment you confessed JesusChrist as your Lord, and now, you’ve been raised to anewness of life, to serve God in newness of spirit.

Confession...
Dear Father, thank you forbringing me into a newness oflife, a life that transcends thisphysical realm! I declare that the failures, defeats, and troubles associated with the old nature arepassed away, and I’ve put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after Christ, in Jesus’Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 4:22-24
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Colossians 3:9-10
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 16:17-33,1 Chronicles 7-8
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians15:1-10,Proverbs 28

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:29am On Jun 02, 2016
Appreciate Who You Are - Thursday, June 2nd

Pastor Chris

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus (Philemon 1:6).

As a new creation in Christ Jesus, you’re peculiar; you’re the first and the best of God’s creatures: “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures” (James 1:18). You’re the crowning beauty, and the highest of everything God made. You’re His excellently crafted masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10).

Psalm 139:14 says you’re exceptional, and wonderfully made; you’re God’s marvellous work of art; and the Psalmist said, “My soul knows this very well!” You should know it too and be conscious that you’re God’s best. Therefore, love and enjoy yourself. Appreciate who you are. Don’t wish you were someone else.

There’re so many good things inside you. You’re a pearl of great value. If you don’t love yourself, you can’t really love anyone else. Don’t wait for others to compliment you; stand in front of a mirror and appreciate what God made. Compliment yourself. Affirm that you’re beautiful, and then, give God praise for making you so excellent and full of glory. Look at yourself in the mirror and say, “Lord, I love what you made!”

Understand that you exude His glory. Therefore, love Him, and love what He made—YOU. Enjoy every moment of your life. Look always at the positive side of things. Appreciate good things everywhere you see them. Appreciate you, and then appreciate others around you. Challenge your mind in the positive direction of life; and you’ll be amazed at the results.

You’re God’s number one! This is what you should say to yourself always. Never judge yourself by what people say about you; what matters is what God thinks of you. And you know what? He thinks highly of you, which is why He invested so much in you. Glory to His Name forever!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you. Thank you for making me the expression of your glory and grace, and for adorning my heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit! O, what a joy to know that I’m your excellently crafted masterpiece! I’ll tell of your wonderful deeds and wondrous love always. Amen!

Further Study:
James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Ephesians 2:10 (AMP)
For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 17:1-26, 1 Chronicles 9-10
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 15:11-19, Proverbs 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:22am On Jun 03, 2016
He Reigns Through You - Friday, June 3rd .

Pastor Chris

For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

You were born, predestined, and assigned to reign in this life. Revelation 5:10 says Christ has made us “…kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.” Then interestingly, in 1 Corinthians 15:25, we read that “…he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.”

Jesus isn’t physically present in the earth today, yet He’s reigning through those who “receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness.” The only way He reigns is when we reign through righteousness. The understanding of the doctrine of righteousness makes us masters in life. It gives you the sense of dominion, such that nothing moves you; you’re in charge, and in control of circumstances. You make things happen!

Righteousness is God’s nature, and that nature was imparted to you when you were born again. Therefore, exercise dominion. Live as the king that you are. Don’t talk as though you’re of this world. Refuse to fear. Speak with authority, for all of nature is under a sovereign decree to hear and respond to you. Refuse to beg, for kings don’t beg.

You don’t even have to beg God for anything or to do anything for you; pray in accordance with His Word and make decrees in the Name of Jesus. Dominate your environment and take charge of the circumstances of your life. Boldly affirm prosperity, divine health, and progress for you and your loved ones, and you’d see them come to pass.

Your words have power, for you’re a king: “Where the word of a king is, there is power…” (Ecclesiastes 8:4). Even now, declare, “I function with the Spirit of dominion! Christ reigns through me! His righteousness is expressed through me today. The world is subdued before me. Blessed be God!”

Confession...
Glory to God in the highest, I’ve received grace to reign and rule in life as a king. Therefore, I exercise dominion over circumstances. I manifest the glory of God and I declare prosperity, health, progress, glory, divine favours, and peace for me and my loved ones. The Word of God prevails and produces results in me today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Proverbs 28:1
The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Revelation 11:15
And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. ; 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 18:1-27, 1 Chronicles 11-13
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 15:20-28, Proverbs 30
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:52am On Jun 04, 2016
Let Him Take Charge Of Your Life - Saturday, June 4th .

Pastor Chris

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth (Acts 1:cool.

There’re people who, as much as they desire to serve God with their lives, find themselves struggling with several things that eventually get them miserable in life. The reason for this is clear: it’s either they don’t have the Holy Spirit, or they’re not yielded to Him. If indeed they’ve received Him to live in them, He’s not in charge of their lives.

No one can successfully live the Christian life without the Holy Spirit. He’s the One that brings the power of God into your life to strengthen you, and for you to live effectively as a Christian. He teaches you the Word, so you can know God’s perfect will, and then guides you to live in, and fulfil, your destiny in Christ.

With the Holy Spirit, your potentials are limitless. His presence in your life makes you energetic, fervent, efficient, excellent and bold. He’s not a mere power or influence; He’s the power of God, the active personality of the Godhead. Let Him take charge of your life, and there’ll be nothing you can’t do. He’s the help and power you need for all things. He gives you the dynamic ability to effect changes, and the divine enablement to accomplish any task and change hopeless situations.

Paul said, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me” (Philippians 4:13). He knew that with the Holy Spirit, he had all he needed to live the transcendent life, and gloriously fulfil his divine destiny in Christ. No wonder his submission in 2 Corinthians 3:5 AMP: “Not that we are fit (qualified and sufficient in ability) of ourselves to form personal judgments or to claim or count anything as coming from us, but our power and ability and sufficiency are from God.”

Become sufficient in His sufficiency. Yield to Him to work through you, and walk in you, and your struggles will be over. When He takes charge of your life, you’ll experience success, increase, progress and victories only.

Confessions...
God hasn’t given me a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind! The Lord is my help and my ability. He’s my strength and my sufficiency; therefore, I can do all things by His power that works in me mightily. I’m effective and effectual in the communication and expression of my faith. Glory to God!

Further Study:
John 16:14 AMP
He will honor and glorify Me, because He will take of (receive, draw upon) what is Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 18:28-19:1-16, 1 Chronicles 14-16
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 15:29-39, Proverbs 31
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:27am On Jun 05, 2016
Follow The Word - Sunday, June 5th .

Pastor Chris

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed (John 8:31).

Someone may say, “I’m following Jesus Christ.” But really, how do you follow Jesus? You follow Him in the Word, through the Word, and by the Word. The proof that you’re following Him is in doing His Word; living by the Word. He said, “If you love me, keep my words” (John 14:15). Jesus and the Word are one. Therefore, to love Him is to be quick to do the Word at all times.

There’re people who say, “I’ll do whatever God tells me to do, if I hear His voice.” What such people don’t realize is that God already said all He needed to say to His children, through the written Word—the Bible. If you want to hear His voice today, study the Word. That’s the voice of the Father, the voice of Jesus, and the voice of the Holy Spirit.

If you don’t act upon, or live by the written Word, even if God spoke to you from heaven, it won’t make much difference; you still won’t act. Everything He says is always consistent with the written Word, the Bible. The Bible is a compendium of His out-breathings given to us to live by: “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16).

Live by the Word, and you’ll never lose your way, because the Word of God is light. The Word gives you a way of life, and the right mentality. Live a purposeful and focused life through the Word. Don’t live by your imaginations, observations, assumptions or worldly wisdom; follow the Word, and you’ll be a true success.

Prayer...
Dear Father, your Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path! I don’t function with the wisdom of this world, for Christ is made unto me, wisdom. My heart is open to receive the instructions in your Word, propelling me in the direction of your will and purpose for my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. ||

James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 19:17-42, 1 Chronicles 17-19
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 15:40-49, Ecclesiastes 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:29am On Jun 06, 2016
Victory In The Word - Monday, June 6

Pastor Chris

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life…(John 3:36).

God’s plan for our lives is for us to grow and make progress from glory to glory. However, not many Christians have accepted this as a reality, which can either be attributed to their not-so-good experiences or to their having been wrongly taught. That’s why you may find a preacher say to his congregation, “I too get discouraged sometimes.”

One could mistake such comments for honesty and humility, but it actually shows ignorance of spiritual realities.
Some people, however, like hearing such things, and even speak against ministers who, according to them, “pretend” as though everything is always all right. It’s not pretense; that’s the reality. Everything is always all right, because we’re in charge and in control. We own, and dominate this world. Jesus made it so for us. Hallelujah.
When you find people in whose lives God’s Word isn’t real, they think that everyone else experiences the same thing. But it’s not so. Your experience, good or bad, doesn’t negate or nullify the truth and power of God’s Word. The very statement, “I get discouraged sometimes,” is a traumatic affirmation; it’s defeatist, because one vital thing God requires of us is courage. He admonishes us copiously in the Scriptures never to be discouraged.

To get discouraged means you trusted in your own ability, and not in the Lord. It means you allowed your feelings to dictate the circumstances of your existence. When you believe God’s Word, it doesn’t mean your faith won’t be tested, but that’s where you prove that what you’ve come to believe is real.

Believing is a process of possession. When you believe, that thing you believe settles in your spirit. It then moves from something you believe in, to something you know; something you possess. At that point, it can never be taken away from you, because the believer is a “haver”: “He that believeth…hath” (John 3:36).
Never be discouraged. Even in the face of daunting challenges, maintain your confession; stand your ground. Apply the same principles in your health, finances, academics, family, etc.

Confession...
I am who God says I am and I can do what He says I can do. I’m strong in faith at all times, with my face set before the Lord, who indeed, is my strong tower and refuge; my God in whom I eternally trust.

Further Study:
2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 55:10-11
For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 20:1-18, 1 Chronicles 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 15:50-58, Ecclesiastes 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:21am On Jun 07, 2016
Think Beyond Yourself -Tuesday, June 7th .

Pastor Chris

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us (Ephesians 3:20).

Our opening verse shows that there’s power working in us; power from within. It’s the power of the Holy Spirit. You can make that power work for you every time. The onus is on you to put it to work, for it’s in your spirit. 2 Timothy 1:6 says, “...Stir up the gift of God, which is in thee....”

We see a demonstration or release of this kind of power from the Master Himself in Matthew chapter fourteen. A great multitude had thronged Him, and He was moved with compassion towards them, and He ministered to them and healed many who were sick and afflicted. However, when it was evening, His disciples suggested He dismiss the crowd: “...It is already very late, and this is a lonely place. Send the people away and let them go to the villages to buy food for themselves” (Matthew 14:15 GNB), they urged Him.

Now, something remarkable happened. Instead of sending the people away, Jesus commanded them to sit on the grass, and took five loaves of bread and two fishes, blessed them, broke them and gave them to His disciples to feed the multitude. He put the power in Him in use, to bless others.

Always, you must think beyond yourself. If you’re only concerned about yourself, and all you want is to please yourself, the power in you may never work. God’s power is given to you for the Kingdom of God, for you to be a blessing to your world. You’re the vent of God’s glory and power, His outstretched hands of blessing to your world; never forget it.

You’ll discover greater treasures the Lord has deposited in you as you reach out to help others. Understand your calling as a conduit of divine blessings. That’s what brings real joy and fulfilment—thinking beyond yourself to impact the lives of others positively.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me a conduit of divine blessings. You’ve blessed me and made me a vent for your grace, mercies, wisdom, glory and power, to the praise of your majesty. Your light shines through me today, ever so brightly, and your power is manifest to bring succour, delight, and joy to many in my world today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Philippians 2:3-4 MSG
Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. 4 Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.

Romans 15:1-3
We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. 3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 20:19-31, 1 Chronicles 23-25
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 16:1-12, Ecclesiastes 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:05am On Jun 08, 2016
Our Calling To God’s Kingdom And Glory - Wednesday, June 8

Pastor Chris

That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory (1 Thessalonians 2:12).

The statement, “Thy kingdom come...” in Matthew 6:10 were the words of the Lord Jesus, in giving His disciples a format for prayer. That prayer has however been answered, for the Kingdom of God has come. It’s a real kingdom operating now on earth, and we’re a part of it: “But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem…” (Hebrews 12:22).

We’re not on our way to Zion; we’re there now. The Bible says the Father “…hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son” (Colossians 1:13). We’ve been called into the Kingdom of God, but according to our opening verse, our calling isn’t only about the Kingdom. We’ve been called unto His glory! These two aren’t separate: if we answered the calling for the Kingdom, we’ve answered the calling for the glory: “Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ” (2 Thessalonians 2:14).

You were called to obtain glory. Hallelujah. This glory is an eternal one, meaning that difficult times may come, but they don’t suggest in any way, the termination of your glory. That a Christian lost his job, for instance, doesn’t mean he’s out of the glory. This glory is eternal: “But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you” (1 Peter 5:10). Blessed be God!

God’s desire is for the good news about His Kingdom to have free course and be glorified, not only in you, but also in your town, city, and country: “Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you” (2 Thessalonians 3:1). Give expression to His glory in your world. Spread the good news of Christ’s salvation. Let the world know that salvation in Christ Jesus is a calling to God’s Kingdom of glory, excellence, dominion and power.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the calling I have in you: a calling to your Kingdom and to eternal glory. I walk in the consciousness and reality of my present-hour location in Christ, and His glory within me. I manifest this glory to the praise of your Majesty, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Hebrews 2:10
For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 21:1-25, 1 Chronicles 26-29
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 16:12-24, Ecclesiastes 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:03am On Jun 09, 2016
The Word Is Your Reflection - Thursday, June 9

Pastor Chris

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves (James 1:22).

The Word of God is for us to live by; it’s for doing; it’s for us to live out. But some Christians are trying to “obey” the Word, and that’s where their problem is, because the Word isn’t for us to obey. In the Old Testament, God gave the children of Israel laws, commandments to obey, but they failed. So, He changed the order. He said, “...I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people” (Jeremiah 31:33).

As a result, in the New Testament, you’re not called to obey the Word, because you’re born of the Word; you’re one with the Word. The Word of God is your reflection, a mirror that shows you who you are, so that you can know and act accordingly. We hear, study, understand, and meditate on the Word, to act accordingly.

2 Corinthians 3:18 says, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image….” When you look into the Word, you see yourself. The Word mirrors you. For example, the Word says, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Corinthians 5:21). That’s not for you to “obey”; it’s simply showing you who you are: the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. It therefore makes no difference that your senses tell you otherwise; God already showed you who you are; act accordingly. That’s doing the Word: accepting, and endorsing God’s image of you, and walking in that light.

When you look in the mirror of God, which is the Word, you see the glory of God, and that’s you! The more you look into the Word, the more you become what you see in the Word; a transformation takes place in your life, from glory to glory. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the impact of your Word in my life. Your Word is the reflection of your immense glory deposited in my spirit. As I look into that mirror, I’m transformed into the same image that I see, from glory to glory, by your Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

James 1:22-25
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 1:1-26, 2 Chronicles 1-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 1:1-11, Ecclesiastical, 9-10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:40am On Jun 10, 2016
Bearers Of His Divine Message - Friday, June 10

Pastor Chris

For the priest’s lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts (Malachi 2:7).

In Christ, we’ve been made kings and priests unto God (Revelation 1:6). Thus, we have a ministry in Christ as king-priests of God. The priest’s tongue should keep knowledge. That means your lips should flow with the knowledge of God, to teach others the ways and life of Christ. The Living Bible Translation renders the latter part of our opening verse thus: “The priests are the messengers of the Lord Almighty, and men should come to them for guidance.”

1 Peter 4:11 says, “If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.” If anyone wants to know something about God, they should come to you. They should find the Word of God and the knowledge of the Lord in your mouth. You should be a custodian of divine knowledge and of kingdom information.

The Bible says God spreads the beautiful and pleasant fragrance of His knowledge through us, in every place: “Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place” (2 Corinthians 2:14). It’s our ministry, calling, and responsibility to make the Word known to the world. So, keep teaching the Word.

Jesus sent us to the whole world, to make pupils of the nations, to teach them everything about the God-life (Matthew 28:18-20). Go into the malls, the shops, the marketplaces, your neighbourhood, estate, place of work; everywhere, and teach the people how to live for God.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for making me the bearer of your divine message; a minister of reconciliation. I take the message of Christ’s salvation to my world, making known the mysteries of your glorious kingdom, touching lives, and bringing the oppressed out of bondage and darkness into the glorious liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

John 20:21
Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 2:1-21, 2 Chronicles 5-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 1:12-24, Ecclesiastes 11-12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:25am On Jun 11, 2016
Jesus: The Outward Expression Of The Father - Saturday, June 11

Pastor Chris

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature (Colossians 1:15).

The Lord Jesus is the visible, physical representation of God, the very image of God. He said in John 14:9, “…he that hath seen me hath seen the Father….” God is invisible; you can’t see Him with your optical eyes; so Jesus came as the outward expression of the invisible God. Colossians 2:9 says, “For in him (Jesus Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”

Jesus represented God to the whole world when He walked the earth. Whatever men required from God was embodied in Jesus. When you saw Jesus, you saw God. Colossians 1:16-17 tells us that “…by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.” Jesus holds all things together by the Word of His power.

God appointed Jesus to be the heir of all things, including His throne. In heaven, there’s a great white throne, and Jesus is the one sitting on that throne. Where then is the Father? He’s in Jesus! The Bible says it pleased the Father, that in Him (Jesus) should all fullness dwell (Colossians 1:19).

It gives us an understanding of what Jesus said in John 10:30; He said, “I and my Father are one.” When He said this, the Jews wanted to stone Him to death, because they said He made Himself equal with God: “The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God” (John 10:33).

They understood exactly what Jesus meant when He said, “I and my Father are one,” but they considered His words blasphemous because they didn’t know Him. Jesus is one with the Father; He’s the complete embodiment of Deity.

He’s the expression of God’s glory, crowned with all honour and majesty. When you see Jesus, you won’t need to look for the Father and the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the perfect image and embodiment of the Godhead.

Confession...
I‘m the embodiment of Christ, the effulgence of His glory and the express image of His person, because as Jesus is, so am I; I’m one with Him! In Him I live, and move and have my being. I manifest His righteousness, virtues, and perfections. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
John 10:30-36
I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

John 14:6-10
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 2:22-47, 2 Chronicles 8-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 2:1-7,
Songs Of Solomon 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:24am On Jun 12, 2016
*Watch Your Heart* - Sunday, June 12

Pastor Chris

But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart (1 Samuel 16:7).

On a certain day, Samuel the prophet went to the house of Jesse to anoint one of the sons of Jesse to become king of Israel. As soon as Samuel saw Eliab, Jesse’s first son, he said, “Behold the Lord’s anointed is before Him,” and wanted to anoint Eliab to be the king. But God stopped Samuel and said, “I have refused him.” God didn’t say, “I have not chosen him”; if He had said so, that would have been rather okay, because He had the right to choose whomever He wanted to be king.

However, He said, “I have rejected him,” meaning that He considered Eliab and found him unsuitable. God must have seen something in his heart that made him unfit to be king; none of his other brothers were chosen either. David, who at the time was tending his father’s sheep, was then sent for, and as soon as he arrived, God said, “Samuel, get up and anoint him, this is he” (1 Samuel 16:6-12). What did God see in David? Why did God want him?

The answer is in God’s remarkable testimony of David in Acts 13:22. He said, “…I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.” David was a man whose heart was after God. Some of his actions may not have been perfect, but his heart was perfect towards God. Your heart is so important to God; that’s where He seeks to work. He said, “My son, give me thine heart and let thine eyes observe my ways” (Proverbs 23:26). You must watch your heart, and serve God with a perfect heart.

A perfect heart is one that seeks after God, and wants to please Him always; a heart that’s after His Word. Your attitude to God and to service in His Kingdom must be inspired by, and reflect His love.
Examine yourself with the Word continually, and be sure there’s no root of bitterness, malice or anger in your heart.

Prayer...
Thank you Lord, for giving me your Word. Your Word is the truth that sanctifies my heart and makes it perfect towards you. As I meditate and declare your Word, it builds my character, and my life is transformed from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
2 Chronicles 16:9
For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

Proverbs 4:23
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 3:1-26, 2 Chronicles 12-15

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 2:8-17, Songs Of Solomon 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:59am On Jun 13, 2016
Bless Your World With The Anointing - Monday, June 13

Pastor Chris

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you…(1 John 2:27).

Acts 19:12 tells us that handkerchiefs and aprons were taken from Paul to the sick: “…and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.” This is just wonderful! The handkerchiefs, of course, had no intelligence whatsoever, but they contained the power of God.

Paul transferred the anointing of the Spirit to the handkerchiefs, and when the handkerchiefs made contact with the sick, healings took place; demons checked out.
If handkerchiefs that had no intelligence could contain the power of God, how much more could you? Your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, meaning that you’re a God-carrying vessel. You embody the very power of the Spirit.

Be conscious of it. With this power, you can accomplish tasks that are humanly impossible. You have to acknowledge that the anointing is in you. The Bible says, “That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus” (Philemon 1:6).

Get to know who you are; you’re a supernatural being. No devil, sickness, or disease can stay in your body. The Bible says, “…nothing shall by any means hurt you” (Luke 10:19). “...Greater is He that’s in you than he that’s in the world” (1 John 4:4). With you, anything is possible (Mark 9:23). You’re full of power.

Reach out and bless your world with the power of the Holy Spirit: “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give” (Matthew 10:cool.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the Word of your grace which builds me up and fills my heart with divine treasures, causing me to bring forth fruit unto righteousness. I declare that the Holy Spirit is working in, and through, me today; I manifest your glory, and bless my world with your divine presence that I carry, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Acts 5:15-16
Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. 16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

2 Timothy 1:6
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

Philemon 1:6
That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 4:1-31, 2 Chronicles 16-19

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 3:1-10, Songs Of Solomon 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:41am On Jun 14, 2016
Equipped For The Mandate - Tuesday, June 14

Pastor Chris

For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established (Romans 1:11).
Hosea 12:13 tells us that “…by a prophet the LORD brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was he preserved.” Notice, He didn’t say, “…by an angel,” but “…by a prophet.” God preserves or establishes His people through His servants; His chosen and anointed ministers.

He equips them and sends them to those He wants to bless. Ephesians 4:11-12 says, “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.”

This lets us know why Paul could affirm boldly in his letter to the believers in Rome, “…I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift to the end ye may be established” (Romans 1:11). He knew he was a custodian of divine verities; he knew he had something to give.

One of the reasons there’re weak Christians today is that they never received any spiritual impartation. Read again, the reason Paul said he wanted to impart some spiritual gifts to the brethren in Rome; it was so they might be established. Through the ministry of the Word, and impartation of the Spirit, God’s people are strengthened and established on the truth.

1 Corinthians 4:20 says, “For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.” The Gospel is more than mere words; its power must be demonstrated. Paul said in 1 Corinthians 2:4, “And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power.” So, as Christians, and as ministers of the Gospel, we have something with which to bless and transform our world. We’re dispensers of God’s blessings.

God has endowed you with grace and special abilities according to His own will, and according to His calling on your life. He’s equipped you for what He called you to do. You have what it takes. Therefore, do something with what you have. 2 Corinthians 4:7 says, “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels….” Do something with the anointing; in ministering to others, do so in the power of the Holy Ghost!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me a perfect heart that responds to your Word. As I receive your Word, my heart is imparted with spiritual gifts and I’m duly equipped to do great exploits through the Gospel of Christ, to your praise and glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Mark 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Acts 10:38
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Hebrews 2:4
God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 4:32-5:1-11, 2 Chronicles 20-22

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 3:11-18, Songs of Solomon 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:01am On Jun 15, 2016
The Church Is Marching On - Wednesday, June 15

Pastor Chris

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it (Matthew 16:18).

Over the years, the Church of Jesus Christ has continued to wax stronger and stronger, marching on in glory, regardless of the many persecutions and oppositions orchestrated against it by the adversary. The Church has remained unstoppable to this day, and will remain so for all time, because the Lord meant it when He said, “…I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” (Matthew 16:18).

The word “Gates” is symbolic in prophetic language for “power and dominion.” So, the powers of hell, the dominion of hell, shall not, and cannot prevail against the Church. It doesn’t matter what they do. The Church, right from inception, has survived and endured many terrible persecutions. There have been kings who threatened to annihilate the Church. Some even boasted that when they were through with the Church, history would not remember that it ever existed. But the Church has out-lived them all.

The Church will always have the victory. It’ll crush every opposition, and conquer everyone who ever stands against it. That’s the blessing upon the Church. The Lord Jesus said to Saul of Tarsus when he was persecuting the Church, “…it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks” (Acts 26:14). Then, in Luke 20:18, He said, “Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.”

The Church of Jesus Christ isn’t a human organization; it is, in fact, a living thing, and it’s indestructible. It doesn’t matter the onslaught of evil and wickedness against the Church from Satan and wicked and unreasonable men, nothing can stall or hinder the growth and impact of the Church around the world. There isn’t enough fear, unbelief, doubt, or persecutions that can prevail against the Church.

Being born again, you belong to the Church, and you’re indestructible. Victory is yours, no matter what happens with you. You may be in the deepest “dungeon” even now; right there, declare, “Greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world.” The Word is guaranteed to put you over and bring you out in victory. Hallelujah!

Confession...
I belong to Christ; in Him I live, and move and have my being. No evil shall befall me; neither shall any plague come near my dwelling. I’m strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and any tongue that rises against me in judgment is condemned, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Isaiah 11:9
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

Matthew 21:12-14
And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, 13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves. 14 And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them.

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 5:12-42, 2 Chronicles 23-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 4:1-6, Isaiah 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:24am On Jun 16, 2016
We're God's Habitation Through The Spirit - Thursday, June 16

Pastor Chris

*"What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have received of God, and ye are not your own" (1 Corinthians 6:19).*
In Exodus 25:8, God expressed His desire to dwell in the midst of His people. He said, *"...let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them."* Notice He didn't say, "...that I may visit them," no; not a visit.
He said, "...that I may dwell among them."
Moses implemented God's instruction. He rallied the children of Israel, to bring all the necessary offerings, and they built a beautiful sanctuary in accordance with the pattern and plan that God gave to Moses. However, that wasn't good enough. God wanted a new sanctuary and showed David a vision of the new sanctuary; He gave him every detail of what it should be like.

David was excited, and laid down a lot of gold and silver for the building of the temple. Nevertheless, it was Solomon, David's son, who was approved of God to build the temple, and he built for God a magnificent temple. The Bible says, *"Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet"* (Acts 7:48).

Then Jesus came on the scene and said, *"...I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"* (Matthew 16:18). The word translated "Church" means "Assembly or Congregation of the called out ones." It's therefore not a physical building, but a living tabernacle of human beings.

Let's read Ephesians 2:19-22 NIV. It says, *"Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God's people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit."* We're God's habitation through the Spirit! His vision to dwell in the midst of His people has been realized in us, the Church.

Each one of us is a temple of the Holy Spirit. He lives and walks in us (2 Corinthians 6:16). You're God's holy temple (1 Corinthians 3:16); this, the Bible says, is the mystery that was hidden from ages and generations, which has now been made manifest. The mystery is, Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:26-27). Hallelujah!

*Prayer....*
*Precious Father, I worship and adore you; thank you for making me your dwelling place. I acknowledge your Spirit living in me, protecting, guiding, and leading me in your perfect will. Thank you for beautifying my life with the glory of your presence, in Jesus' Name. Amen.*

*Further Study:*

*2 Corinthians 4:7kiss
"But we have this treasure in earthern vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us"

*Acts 7:44-49kiss
"Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he has appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen. 45 Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David; 46 Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob. 47 But Solomon built him an house. 48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet 49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?"

*2 Corinthians 6:16:*
"And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

*Daily Scripture Reading*

*1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN*
Acts 6:1-15; 2 Chronicles 26-28

*2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN*
2 Co

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (108) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 276
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.