Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,930 members, 7,824,912 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250614 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:28am On Jun 16, 2016
We're God's Habitation Through The Spirit - Thursday, June 16

Pastor Chris

*"What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have received of God, and ye are not your own" (1 Corinthians 6:19).*
In Exodus 25:8, God expressed His desire to dwell in the midst of His people. He said, *"...let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them."* Notice He didn't say, "...that I may visit them," no; not a visit.
He said, "...that I may dwell among them."
Moses implemented God's instruction. He rallied the children of Israel, to bring all the necessary offerings, and they built a beautiful sanctuary in accordance with the pattern and plan that God gave to Moses. However, that wasn't good enough. God wanted a new sanctuary and showed David a vision of the new sanctuary; He gave him every detail of what it should be like.

David was excited, and laid down a lot of gold and silver for the building of the temple. Nevertheless, it was Solomon, David's son, who was approved of God to build the temple, and he built for God a magnificent temple. The Bible says, *"Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet"* (Acts 7:48).

Then Jesus came on the scene and said, *"...I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"* (Matthew 16:18). The word translated "Church" means "Assembly or Congregation of the called out ones." It's therefore not a physical building, but a living tabernacle of human beings.

Let's read Ephesians 2:19-22 NIV. It says, *"Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God's people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit."* We're God's habitation through the Spirit! His vision to dwell in the midst of His people has been realized in us, the Church.

Each one of us is a temple of the Holy Spirit. He lives and walks in us (2 Corinthians 6:16). You're God's holy temple (1 Corinthians 3:16); this, the Bible says, is the mystery that was hidden from ages and generations, which has now been made manifest. The mystery is, Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:26-27). Hallelujah!

*Prayer....*
*Precious Father, I worship and adore you; thank you for making me your dwelling place. I acknowledge your Spirit living in me, protecting, guiding, and leading me in your perfect will. Thank you for beautifying my life with the glory of your presence, in Jesus' Name. Amen.*

*Further Study:

*2 Corinthians 4:7:
"But we have this treasure in earthern vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us"

*Acts 7:44-49:
"Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he has appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen. 45 Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David; 46 Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob. 47 But Solomon built him an house. 48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet 49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?"

*2 Corinthians 6:16:*
"And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

*Daily Scripture Reading*

*1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Acts 6:1-15; 2 Chronicles 26-28

*2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
2 Co
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:33am On Jun 17, 2016
He Went In Your Place - Friday, June 17

Pastor Chris

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence (Colossians 1:18).

The phrase in the theme verse, “the firstborn from the dead,” doesn’t mean the first to be raised from the dead. Prior to Jesus’ vicarious death, there were those who had been raised from the dead; so what the Apostle Paul communicates by the Spirit here, is different. When our sins were laid on Jesus on the cross, He died spiritually. Spiritual death is separation from God. Only through a spiritual rebirth does one awake from this death. Jesus Christ was the first born from spiritual death.

As Jesus hung on the cross, He suffered the agony of being separated from the Father: “And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34). This was a result of His being made the sin sacrifice, which automatically identified with sin: “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

It should have been illegal for Jesus to be crucified and sent to hell, because He was innocent and without sin, but He went in our place. Recall the graphic details in Colossians 2:15 when He engaged Satan in that awful combat in hell, and defeated him and all the cohorts of darkness: “And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.” No one ever came out of spiritual death or out of Satan’s bondage, but Jesus did. He paid the full penalty for every man.

Thus, because a righteous man was given for sinners, it became legal, and possible, for sinners to be given His righteousness. He took our place of sin, that we might obtain His righteousness. Now, you’re as righteous as Jesus is! He’s made you the very expression of His righteousness. The righteousness that He was clothed with was made available to you, because He died for you, and when He came out of death, you came out in and with Him. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for sending Jesus, who became the very representation of sin on my behalf, and died in my place, so that I might be made righteous, and also be the expression of your righteousness. I walk in, and manifest, your righteousness today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Romans 5:17-18
For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

1 Corinthians 1:30
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Isaiah 53:5-7
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 7:1-53, 2 Chronicles 29-30

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 5:1-10, Isaiah 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:00am On Jun 18, 2016
Don’t Neglect The Word - Saturday, June 18th .

Pastor Chris

Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life (Proverbs 4:13).

Imagine that you’re a student, and prior to your exams, your teacher gives you all the relevant textbooks and materials to study, points out the very chapters you should focus on, and even the questions to expect. What do you think of the student who says, “I really want to pass this exam, but I don’t have enough time to study?” He has set himself up for failure.

Likewise, in Christianity, we’re in life’s exam; the Holy Spirit, our Teacher, has given us the Word, and He’s shown us how to use it. He’s told us that every problem that’s going to be solved, and every question that’ll be answered, is in the Word. Nothing outside it is coming your way; therefore, study it, understand it, live by it, and you’ll be a success.

However, if someone says, “I want to please God, and do His will. I want to be everything He destined me to be, but my problem is that I really don’t have the time to study the Bible.” That’s like the student we described earlier. Only one outcome can result from such an attitude: failure. You must study and give the Word of God attention in your life. How would you please Him, and be a success in life, if you aren’t acquainted with His Word?

The Word of God is God’s instruction manual for an extraordinary life of glory. It’s the only dependable material to build you up, and sustain you in the transcendent life. So, don’t neglect the Word. The best way to serve God, and be an extraordinary success in life, is to function in, and live according to His Word.

Jesus said, “…he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him” (John 8:29). If you’ll diligently and meditatively study the Word, you’ll know the mind of the Father; His heart will be unveiled to you, and by walking in His light, you can always please Him.

Prayer..
Dear Father, I thank you for the transforming power of your Word in my life. As I study your Word, my mind is renewed; I’m transformed and transfigured, positioned in your glory. I continually make progress, and my advancement, profiting and growth are evident to all, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 8:10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 7:54-8:1-8, 2 Chronicles 31-32
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 5:11-21, Isaiah 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
Success Without Struggle - Monday, June 20

Pastor Chris

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. FOR HE THAT IS ENTERED INTO HIS REST, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his (Hebrews 4:9-10).

Notice the underlined phrase above: “For he that is entered into his rest….” That rest, is the rest in Christ; it’s much more than the rest for the physical body. It’s rest for your soul, where you don’t struggle or toil for anything whatsoever. As a new creation, everything required for your success, prosperity, victory, health and greatness has been made available in Christ. So, you don’t have to struggle in life anymore, for you’ve entered God’s rest.

There’re many who haven’t realized this truth, and therefore, can’t walk in the vantage position of rest. In their jobs, businesses, projects, or even their evangelical responsibilities, they labour, toil, and struggle. But Christ is our rest. Our struggling doesn’t please God. That’s why the Holy Spirit was sent to help us. John 14:16 (AMP) says, “And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever.” He’s here today, and now; He’s your Helper.

We’re living in the day of rest, ruling, and reigning with the King, seated together with Him in heavenly places: “And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:6). Notice that scripture doesn’t say “We’ve been made to stand together in heavenly places,” no! We’re seated with Him; and that’s not the position of hardship, struggle, or labour; it’s a position of rest. The work has been done in Christ Jesus; now He says, “Enjoy all things. Live in my rest, for all things are yours.”

Even your evangelical work shouldn’t be a struggle. Recognize this truth, and with that consciousness, preach and teach the Word; the power of the Spirit will be in it and convict or stir your hearers. It’s part of your blessing as the seed of Abraham, to excel and make progress in life, from glory to glory, without struggling.

Confession...
I’m a new creation in Christ, the seed of Abraham, and an heir according to the promise. I live perpetually in the rest of God, for Christ is my Sabbath. Now and always, I walk in His glory, for I’ve been ordained to excel, win, and make progress from glory to glory, without struggles or anxieties. Blessed be God!

Further Study:

Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 9:1-31, 2 Chronicles 35-36

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 6:11-18, Isaiah 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:33am On Jun 21, 2016
Train Them With The Word - Tuesday, June 21

Pastor Chris

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6).

It’s the responsibility of parents to train up their kids in the way of the Lord. That’s what the Word says: “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”

Some parents would say, “We try not to impose anything on our children; we just let them make their decisions themselves.” What an error! The Bible says, “Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him” (Proverbs 22:15). Children aren’t allowed to make their own decisions; they need to be trained and guided. Parents have a responsibility to know through the Spirit of God, what their children should be, and raise them in that direction.

Some parents act as though God said, “Leave the children to me, and I’ll determine how they’ll grow up”; He didn’t say that. Rather, He said parents should train up the child in the way he should go. If you already have children, let the Holy Spirit guide you in bringing them up in righteousness. Keep training them in the Word. Even when it looks as though they’re not imbibing the culture of the Word, keep at it, and don’t despair. Give some time; the results of the training will be evident. Soon enough, they’ll come into the right place, and be all that God destined for them to be.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you, for your Word has in it, the ability to make me what it talks about, and produce in me, and in those you’ve placed in my care, an unalloyed commitment to you. We’re yielded to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, and to the guidance, and tutelage of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 23:13 NLT
Don't fail to discipline your children. They won't die if you spank them.

Deuteronomy 6:6-7
And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: 7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Proverbs 29:15
The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 9:32-43, Ezra 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 7:1-8, Isaiah 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:17am On Jun 22, 2016
Grace And Peace In Increasing Measure - Wednesday, June 22

Pastor Chris

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord (2 Peter 1:2).

From the verse of scripture above, we can understand that the way to have grace and peace multiplied in your life is through the knowledge (Greek: epignosis) of God, and of Jesus, our Lord. Someone may lament, "Please pray for me; my life is in a mess. I don't have peace at home; I don't have peace where I work. There's no peace in my heart; I really need prayers."

You may pray for such a person, but it might not work, because the Word is clear as to how to enjoy greater peace in your life: It's through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus, our Lord. God wants you to know, and live by His Word, because the more you know Him, the more grace and peace you stand to enjoy in your life.

Moreover, "peace" here, isn't just referring to ordinary peace of being quiet or mere solitude. The Greek word for peace is "eirene," which is akin to the Hebrew, "shalom," which means peace with rest and prosperity put together. In other words, through the knowledge of God, you're at home with prosperity! Everything about your life works out right. You're not fretful and agitated over anything! Irrespective of what happens, you're unperturbed, you're in charge, and in control.

As you learn more about Jesus and meditate on His Word; as you learn about the Father through fellowship, more revelations will come to you. The knowledge of His Word makes us masters, causing your life to be filled with immeasurable grace and peace.

Notice the Bible doesn't say, "Grace and peace shall be added unto you," but that they'll be "multiplied unto you." In your life, it's possible to keep heaping up grace and peace in increasing measure. John 1:16 says of His fullness have we all received, grace heaped upon grace. So, enjoy grace and peace in your life, by increasing your knowledge of Him. Praise God!

Confession...
Dear Father, I thank you for the guidance and wisdom received in your Word. As I open my spirit to your Word today, grace and peace are multiplied in my life; my heart is garrisoned with divine wisdom, and fortified to prevail over circumstances. I transcend every pressure, and anxiety, because I have peace with prosperity, in Jesus' Name.

Further Study:
2 Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Acts 20:32
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee : because he trusteth in thee.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Acts 10:1-23, Ezra 4-6

2- Year Bible Reading Plan:
2 Corinthians 7:9-16
Isaiah 9

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:06am On Jun 23, 2016
Training For Mastery - Thursday, June 23

Pastor Chris

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith (2 Timothy 4:7).

To be a good leader, a successful leader, you have to be well trained. And training isn’t just a onetime thing; it’s a continuous exercise, and the aim of every training is to attain mastery or perfection. Some people believe that as long as they’re in the earth, they’ll just keep learning, without attaining mastery. That’s not what the Word teaches.

The Bible talks about people who are ever learning, but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth (2 Timothy 3:7). That’s not a recommendation. There’s a place of mastery that every Christian should desire to attain. There’re certain things you must perfect before God can permit you to move to higher things in the spirit-realm. And that’s why you have to be trained in the Word.

In Ephesians 4:11-12, the Apostle Paul lists for us the purpose of the fivefold ministry gifts, which the Lord Jesus gave to the Church; it’s for the training or “perfecting” of the saints. It’s so we can attain mastery: “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints….”

Don’t live a life that’s always on “a journey,” in pursuit of the same things, on the same level for years. There’re certain things that you should perfect, and when you do, move to the next level; move to something higher. Success is measured at different levels. As you’re being trained, you can tell whether or not you’re successful by the results you produce on the basis of your current level of training.

The more yielded you are to the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, the faster the process of your training, and the sooner you attain mastery at that level and area of training.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the ministry gifts to the body of Christ, that the Church may be taught, trained, perfected and energized for the work of the ministry. I take advantage of the Word and the blessings of the Spirit, through which I’m trained for a continuous life of victory, success, promotion and greatness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 5:12-14
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 13 For every one that useth milk [is] unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, [even] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Hebrews 6:1
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 10:24-48,Ezra 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 8:1-8, Isaiah 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:20am On Jun 24, 2016
Make Your Salvation Effective - Friday, June 24

Pastor Chris

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12).

A lady was diagnosed with breast cancer, and asked that I pray for her. But I told her she could “work out her salvation” by using her mouth to cut out the cancerous growth. I explained to her what the mouth is: “the front or edge of a weapon”; the Greek word is “stoma.” She was excited, and immediately got to work. She spoke consistently to the growth, in faith, over a period.

When I saw her six months later, she was completely healed; the cancer had dematerialized and she was perfectly normal. She worked out her salvation. If you’re sick, broken or afflicted in your body, and you desire to be well, put your faith to work. Work the Word. The Word of God is for doing; you work it out. As long as it remains in the pages of the Bible, it won’t produce results for you.

But when through meditation, you utter the Word, it becomes the sword of the Spirit that discomfits the adversary.
The blessings are already packaged and delivered to you; the Bible says, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue” (2 Peter 1:3). God already did everything He needed to do for you to have and enjoy a glorious life.

However, you have a responsibility to “work out” your own salvation in Christ.
You’re the one to ensure that all the wonderful blessings of God manifest in your life. Don’t sit and expect that whatever will be, will be; you’re the one to make your salvation work. Christ already saved you, but it’s your responsibility now to make the Kingdom work in your life. Work out your healing, prosperity, victory, promotion etc. Refuse to allow sickness lord it over you. In spite of inflation and economic meltdown, declare your prosperity without wavering.

Confession...
Dear Father, thank you for the salvation you’ve given me in Christ. I reign and rule by the Word of God, and power of the Holy Spirit, over sickness, disease, and circumstances. Without fear or reproach, but with full assurance in the Word, I launch out today in faith, establishing the blessings and goodness of the Kingdom in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

2 Timothy 1:6
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. and

2 Peter 1:10
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Colossians 4:17
And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 11:1-18,
Ezra 9-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 8:9-17, Isaiah 11-12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:44am On Jun 25, 2016
Graced For Greatness - Saturday, June 25

Pastor Chris

And Abraham was old, and well stricken in age: and the Lord had blessed Abraham in all things (Genesis 24:1).

God blessed Abraham in all things and made him the father of many nations: “As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations” (Genesis 17:4). Thus, he had nations inside him. The story of Isaac, his son, is remarkable too. When his two sons, Jacob and Esau, were conceived, the Lord told Rebekah, their mother, “...Two nations are in thy womb…” (Genesis 25:23); and those nations produced more nations. However, they weren’t the ones that God had in mind.

In Romans 9:7, God didn’t say, “…Isaac shall thy seed be called”; rather, He said, “…In Isaac shall thy seed be called.” This means He wasn’t referring to the biological descendants of Abraham, but the Christ: “Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ” (Galatians 3:16).

Then, Galatians 3:29 tells us, “…if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” We’re the seed of Abraham, and each one of us has the potential of a multitude. You carry the seed of greatness. Your progress and prosperity should be ever-increasing.

Read about Isaac; the Bible says, “…the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great” (Genesis 26:13).
If you were a Pastor for example, and you had a thousand members in your congregation, as the seed of Abraham there’s no reason those one thousand members shouldn’t grow to become five thousand or even ten thousand within a specified period.

You have the grace and ability for growth, increase, and expansion.
You’re graced for greatness; anointed to be fruitful and productive in every good add . Therefore, keep making progress from glory to glory.

Confession...

I belong to Christ; therefore, I’m the seed of Abraham, graced for greatness, and anointed to be fruitful and productive in every good work. I’ve been ordained to prosper, and to live in your glory. I bring honour to you today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Further Study:

Genesis 12:2
And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

John 15:4-5
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Romans 8:16-17
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 11:19-30, Nehemiah 1-3

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 8:18-24, Isaiah 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:15am On Jun 26, 2016
He’s The Master Communicator - Sunday, June 26

Pastor Chris

For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man (Job 33:14-17).

Our God is a master communicator. He’s not constrained by the factors that limit human communication. While you’re talking to Him with your mouth, He can be talking to your spirit; having a conversation with you. Even when you’re talking to people, He can be having a conversation with your spirit. He can ask you a question and you can answer Him, even while you’re talking to others.

As the opening verses show, the Lord even speaks to men in sleep. There’re no restrictions to Him. He constantly sends His words to men in various ways, but many take no notice or pay attention, and pay the heavy price for ignorance, disobedience or rebellion.

Sometimes, when we deliver a prophecy or message of revelation for several minutes or even longer in church, some people wonder how long it took God to tell us those things. “Were you listening to God for that whole hour?” they ask; trying to find out how long it took God to give His message. He could take a whole lot of time to communicate something very brief, and He could impart so much into your spirit in a short space of time. We consider time because we live in the realm of time, but God doesn’t live in the realm of time. He lives in eternity.

When you talk with Him, your spirit is open to hear and receive from Him. He ministers to you in the spirit, and you receive what He shares with you in the spirit, and can communicate back to Him. It’s a spirit-to-spirit communication. What a glorious fellowship! That’s why it’s so important that you pray from your spirit, speaking fervently in other tongues, and get your spirit lit up and alive to God.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the ability to hear and recognize your voice. I walk in the spirit, and not in the flesh. Therefore, my spirit is constantly trained by your Word to hear and discern your voice, as you lead me in perpetual triumph, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Proverbs 20:27
The spirit of man [is] the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Isaiah 30:21
And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This [is] the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 12:1-25, Nehemiah 4-6

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 9:1-10, Isaiah 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:29am On Jun 27, 2016
Rhapsody of Realities

Love-power: The Greatest Force In The Universe - Monday, June 27

Pastor Chris

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:19).

Love is the greatest power in the world. It’s the greatest force in the universe. The Bible says God is love (1 John 4:cool. Love raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Love can bring forth anything you require for your life. Even now, the love-power of God is present, but until you know the love of God, you can’t know its power. Some people don’t experience the love of God because they’re not certain that God loves them personally. A simple test can help you find out. Ask yourself, “Do I love God?” If your answer is yes, then ask yourself another question: “Is God as good as I am?” If again, your answer is yes, then it means He’ll definitely love you, at the very least, as much as you love Him. But God isn’t only as good as you are; He’s better.

His love for you is unfathomable, unconditional, pure and eternal. He loves you more than you could ever love yourself. In fact, you could never have loved Him if you didn’t learn of His love.That’s why John the Apostle declared, “We love him, because he first loved us” (1 John 4:19). Jeremiah 31:3 also says, “The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.”

Our opening verse says, “And to know the love of Christ…that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God” (Ephesians 3:19). God’s purpose for our lives is to be filled with His fullness, to be overflowing in His love, manifesting His life, nature, character and power. That’s what the Lord Jesus was talking about when He cried out in the temple, “He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water” (John 7:38). His love-power flows from us to the world (Romans 5:5). It’s a fire that can’t be quenched (Song of Songs 8:7), an overcoming power that crushes fear (1 John 4:18) and every evil work. Walk in the fullness of this love-power.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me revelation knowledge of the dimensions of your love; the breadth, and length, and depth, and height, thereby filling me with your fullness. I’m rooted and grounded in love, and my heart overflows with the love of Christ. I manifest and radiate your glory to my world today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Ephesians 3:17-19
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what [is] the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.

1 John 4:10,16,18
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 13:1-12, Nehemiah 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 9:11-15, Isaiah 15-16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:21am On Jun 28, 2016
Cut Out All Evil - Tuesday, June 28

Pastor Chris

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you (Ephesians 4:31-32).

In Deuteronomy 10:16, the Bible tells us to circumcise our hearts: “Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.” What does this mean? To circumcise means to “cut out” something. To circumcise your heart would therefore mean to cut out from your heart those things that aren’t supposed to be there: bitterness, anger, envy, hatred, malice, and all forms of wickedness. Some people unwittingly allow these things in their hearts because they’re ignorant of the consequences.

A bitter heart, for instance, is a breeding ground for demonic activity. Not only that, most cancers come from anger and bitterness. Proverbs 14:30 says, “A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones” (NLT). People only become aware of cancer when it starts giving pain and discomfort; they don’t know it most likely started years before, when they allowed bitterness, anger, hatred, malice, and envy to persist in their lives. That’s why the Bible says, “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled” (Hebrews 12:14-15).

There’re people who have been wounded to the point of tears, and with bitterness in their hearts, acted in a wrathful way. The Lord says to you today, “Circumcise your heart!” Cut out the bitterness and the anger from your heart, for your own good.

Have you been trying to stop the anger, or trying to put away bitterness without success? You don’t have to struggle. All you have to do is proclaim the Lordship of Jesus Christ over your life: over your spirit, soul and body. Then declare, “I choose to serve the Lord; I reject hatred, bitterness and anger. I’m going to walk in love.” No demon of darkness can stand against that. Satan can’t resist the power of love. The Word declares, “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casteth out fear...” (1 John 4:18).

Prayer...
Dear Father, my heart is full of your love, kindness, and compassion. I refuse to allow bitterness, anger, or strife to take root in me. I walk in love today and always, confident that no weapon fashioned against me shall prosper, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 13:3 CEV
What if I gave away all that I owned and let myself be burned alive? I would gain nothing, unless I loved others.

Mark 11:25-26
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

James 3:15-17
This wisdom descendeth not from above, but [is] earthly, sensual, devilish. 16 For where envying and strife [is], there [is] confusion and every evil work. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, [and] easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 13:13-52, Nehemiah 9-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 10:1-7, Isaiah 17

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:32am On Jun 29, 2016
Called To Minister Life And Grace - Wednesday, June 29

Pastor Chris

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers (Ephesians 4:29).

As Christians, we have the Spirit of Christ. We’re the light of the world. We’re to live, love, talk, and conduct all our affairs in life like Him. Your words should minister grace to the hearers always.

Some people, aren’t conscious of this reality. They’re controlled by their senses: they do the things they want to do and say what they want to say according to their feelings. Such people pride themselves in having terrible, abusive, and insulting words. When they’re angry, they don’t hesitate to speak words that could make the hearers lose sleep. They’re proud of what they should be ashamed of. The Bible says of them, “their God is their appetite.” If only they knew the dire consequences of their actions. Philippians 3:18-19 says, “For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.”

Never be happy that you made someone else sad. Don’t be like the man who was happy to talk the usher down just because the usher asked him to sit somewhere in church. That’s inconsistent with your nature of love. The Bible says, “Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth” (1 Corinthians 13:6 NIV). We’re ministers of the Gospel, called to minister life and grace. Be like Jesus of whom the Bible says, “And the common people heard him gladly...” (Mark 12:37). When people hear from us, they should be glad, because we minister gracious words to them; words of life. Glory to God!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that fills my heart with good, excellent, edifying, and uplifting thoughts. I consistently bless and inspire those you’ve placed in my path, encouraging them in the Lord, because my heart is replete with treasures from your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, [let him speak] as the oracles of God; if any man minister, [let him do it] as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Proverbs 16:24
Pleasant words [are as] an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Colossians 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 14:1-28, Nehemiah 11-13

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 10:8-18, Isaiah 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Jun 30, 2016
Carriers Of His Grace, Power And Glory - Thursday, June 30th

Pastor Chris

So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them” (Acts 19:12).

The Bible talks about handkerchiefs and aprons, taken from the Apostle Paul and placed on people who were sick and diseased in their bodies, and miracles took place. The handkerchiefs contained the power of God, and the moment they made contact with a need, the power was activated. The handkerchiefs and aprons were inanimate; they had no intelligence, but they transmitted the power of God.

If such inanimate materials could contain and transmit the power of God, how much more the human body! You’re better than an handkerchief. Being born again and having received the Holy Spirit, there’s an anointing on your life. You’re not an ordinary being. You’re a God-carrier; the dispenser of His grace, power, and glory. God seeks to manifest His glory and power, and establish His righteousness in the earth, through you. His anointing is in you (1 John 2:27). Stir up that anointing always.

How do you stir up the anointing? It’s by getting yourself filled again and again with the Spirit. The Bible says, “And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord” (Ephesians 5:18-19). Speak, sing, and make melody of the Word to yourself continually; it’s something you have to do consciously to maintain the glow of the Spirit and experience His manifestations in your life always.
You could be evangelizing in a commuter train or bus, or at the mall or in the street, and all those listening to you would be electrified by the Spirit: “While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word” (Acts 10:44). This is the day of God’s power; therefore, be bold to do the Word. Get in the flow of God’s Spirit.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the anointing of your Spirit in my life. I’m a carrier of your grace, power and glory. I’m your extension today, and through me, you carry out your divine purpose in this world to touch, bless, heal, uplift, strengthen, and inspire others, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Acts 10:44-45
While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Colossians 1:25-27
Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; 26 [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 15:1-21, Esther

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 11:1-9, Isaiah 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
You Have Something To Give .
Friday, July 1st

Pastor Chris

For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established (Romans 1:11).
Notice that the Apostle Paul didn’t say, “…I long to see you that we may pray together and ask God to impart you with some spiritual gifts”; no.

Rather, he said, “…I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift….” Paul knew he had something to give, contrary to what some people might think about themselves; they don’t believe they have the gifts of the Spirit. “Nobody has any gift; only God has a gift, so stop saying you have a gift,” they’d say, thinking they’re being humble.

However, that’s ignorance, not humility; and God doesn’t want us to be ignorant about the gifts or manifestations of the Spirit. He said in 1 Corinthians 12:1, “Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant,” because the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man for the common good (1 Corinthians 12:7). 1 Corinthians 12:8-10 further highlights for us several gifts and manifestations of the Spirit given to each one of us as the Spirit wills.

Paul had something to give, therefore, he longed for his meeting with the believers in Rome, because of the effect it was going to produce in their lives and in his as well. He said, “...That I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me” (Romans 1:12). In other words, he’d be comforted by the results of this spiritual impartation in the lives of these saints in Rome.

We need this in the Church today more than ever. Part of the reasons some Christians are lukewarm and seem to be weak is that they’ve never received such impartation of the Spirit. The Bible tells us how the apostles went about confirming or strengthening the saints in the early Church (Acts 14:22). How did they do it? It was through preaching and teaching of the Word, and the demonstration of the power of the Holy Spirit.

It’s not enough for people to believe; they must also be confirmed, that is, strengthened through the impartation of the gifts of the Spirit. We have something to give; we’re not ordinary. Bless others with the gifts and power of the Holy Spirit in your life.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the blessings of your Spirit in my life. Like never before, I’m spreading the fragrance of Christ to my world, that they may partake of your grace, and be blessed by the gifts and power of the Holy Spirit in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Acts 14:21-23
And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and [to] Iconium, and Antioch, 22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, [and] exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. 23 And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

Matthew 10:7-8
And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 15:22-35, Esther 5-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 11:10-33, Isaiah 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:10am On Jul 02, 2016
You’re The Light In Your World - Saturday, July 2nd

Pastor Chris

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid (Matthew 5:14).

The Lord Jesus made this powerful statement about you. He says to you the very thing He said about Himself when He said, “As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world” (John 9:5).

You’re a city that’s set on a hill: to be a light in your world. Matthew 5:15 says, “Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.”

This lets you know your calling as a Christian. You’re called to light up the darkness. Psalm 74:20 says, “…the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty,” but you’re that light in dark world.

Ephesians 5:13 tells us, “…all things that are reproved, are made manifest by the light: for whatever doth make manifest is light.” Light is that which makes manifest; light illuminates. You have a calling in this life to bring illumination to your world. 1 Thessalonians 5:5 says, “Ye are all children of light, and children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.” You can’t be different from your origin; the offspring of a dog will naturally be a dog, not a cat.

Therefore, as a child of light, you’re light! You unveil God’s Word and reveal the things of the Spirit to the world.
You’re the light of your world, in much the same way as Jesus was the Light of the world. The Lord Jesus announced to the people: “I am the light of the world. If anyone follows me, he shall not walk in darkness but he shall have the light of life” (John 8:12).

That’s just how you are! As a student, you’re the light in your school. As a businessperson, you’re the light of your industry. As a police officer, you’re the light of the service and community. As a soldier, you’re the light of the army. You’re the light in your workplace. Go ahead and light up your world! Let the love of Christ so shine through you, that the world may see it and glorify God in you.

Confession...
I’m the light of the world, a city set on a hill that can’t be hidden. I’m manifesting the glory of God to my world, making His Name known, and bringing men and women unto righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Philippians 2:14-15
Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 15:36-16:1-15, Esther 8-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 12:1-10, Isaiah 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:39am On Jul 03, 2016
The Lifting Of Our Hands - Sunday, July 3

Pastor Chris

I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting (1 Timothy 2:8 ).

The Bible shows us something remarkable on how the children of Israel recorded victory over the Amalekites. Moses had instructed Joshua to take soldiers to fight Amalek. Joshua did as Moses instructed, but Moses decided to go to the top of the hills, with Aaron and Hur, whilst Joshua battled the Amalekites.

As the battle progressed, Aaron and Hur made an observation. They noticed that every time Moses held up his hands, Israel prevailed in the battle against Amalek. However, when his hands went down, Amalek prevailed. They decided therefore, to support Moses by lifting his hands on either side, while Moses sat on a stone. As a result, the Bible says, “…Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword” (Exodus 17:13).

What’s most inspiring about this is how an act of faith in the earth activated heavenly powers, and caused victory for God’s people. Moses wasn’t talking, but as long as his hands were lifted to the Lord, Israel prevailed. It shows that there’s a profuse effusion of divine power as we lift our hands in prayer and worship. There’s victory-power through our hands. No wonder Paul said, “I will therefore that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands…” (1 Timothy 2:cool.

If you want to see more success and victories in your life, learn to lift your hands to the Lord as you set your mind on Him in prayer and worship; it’s a strategy of the Spirit to discomfit the adversary. Perhaps you’re in church, your cell-group or fellowship meetings, and the Pastor or leader says, “Lift your hands to the Lord in worship,” don’t take them up and bring them down carelessly, because you feel tired. Keep them lifted to the Lord. Train yourself in this.

There’s something deeply spiritual about lifting and waving your hands to the Lord in worship and prayer. It brings and signals victory and dominion over your circumstances and adversaries. Glory to God!

Prayer...
Gracious Father, my hands are lifted to you in worship and adoration. There’s none like you; you’re great and mighty; you alone are God! From generation to generation, you’re the same: faithful, righteous, and true! You’re the strong and breasted one, my ever-present help in times of need. I worship you today.

Further Study:

Psalm 141:2
Let my prayer be set forth before thee [as] incense; [and] the lifting up of my hands [as] the evening sacrifice.

Psalm 134:1-2
A Song of degrees. Behold, bless ye the LORD, all [ye] servants of the LORD, which by night stand in the house of the LORD. 2 Lift up your hands [in] the sanctuary, and bless the LORD.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 16:16-40, Job 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 12:11-21, Isaiah 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:15am On Jul 04, 2016
Let Nothing Limit You - Monday, July 4

Pastor Chris

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life (2 Corinthians 3:5-6).

As a Christian, your life is preordained by God; predestination is at work in you. Nothing happens to you by chance, neither is your life by chance. You’re responsible for the outcome of your life. He gave you authority in His Name.

This lets you know that nothing can limit you. Your age, the economy of the nation where you live, the colour of your skin, your family, educational and financial background, shouldn’t be a limitation. Nothing and no one can place a limit on you. This is God’s blessing for every one of His children, and He gave you the Holy Spirit, to be your sufficiency. With Him, you can be anything, do anything, go anywhere, and be all that God destined you to be.

You don’t have to struggle to be a success, because you function with His ability and wisdom. He’s your wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:30). What you have to understand is how to walk with Him, and function in His wisdom, beyond your human ability. God’s wisdom in you is a force that causes you to walk in His perfect will all the time, and be successful in all that you do.

Let nothing limit you. Acknowledge the Holy Spirit as your secret of success. He’s the One at work in you, and He’s an unlimited personality, with unlimited powers, abilities, and potentials. He’s the limit breaker. Recognize His work and ministry in you. That consciousness will produce a divine force that propels you to success and victory continually.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life, who leads me always in the path of glory and triumph. With Him, I can do all things! He’s my competence, wisdom, and ability. I reign in life by Him, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

2 Corinthians 3:5 AMP
Not that we are fit (qualified and sufficient in ability) of ourselves to form personal judgments or to claim or count anything as coming from us, but our power and ability and sufficiency are from God.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 17:1-15, Job 3-5

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 13:1-6, Isaiah 23-24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:38am On Jul 05, 2016
The World Is Yours - Tuesday, July 5

Pastor Chris

Therefore, let no man glory in men. For all things are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21).
Being born again, there’s a high calling upon your life. Therefore, refuse to allow your virtual circumstances make you think differently. Jesus said you’re not of this world (John 15:19). He chose you out of the masses; out of the world; you’re of a different breed. You’re an heir of God, and a joint heir with Christ, which simply means, you own the world.

The Bible says, “The earth is the Lord’s, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein” (Psalm 24:1). However, God willed the whole world to Abraham through the covenant He made with him and his seed. Galatians 3:16 says, “…to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.”

Therefore, God was looking beyond Abraham’s physical descendant; He was looking at Christ. Galatians 3:29 says, “…if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” We’re the seed of Abraham and, by extension, the possessors of all things.

All the promises God made to Abraham, by which he became the possessor of all things are fulfilled in us! As a result, the Bible says, “Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world…all are yours” (1 Corinthians 3:21-22).

Some people may be fighting over lands and estates; but we own the world and we have proof. If there’s anyone to tell who truly owns this world it ought to be God, for He made the world, and appointed Jesus to be the heir of all things (Hebrews 1:2). And He has said we’re joint-heirs with Him. Hallelujah!

Thus, as a child of God, it’s not a mere boast but absolute reality when you say, “The whole world is mine!” And this world that belongs to you, according to the Bible, is full of the goodness of the Lord for you to enjoy (Psalm 33:5).

Confession...
I’m a joint-heir with Christ and the seed of Abraham; the world belongs to me. I don’t lack any good thing, because I’m an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ. I lay up gold as dust, living in God’s superabundance, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Psalm 33:5 He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.

John 10:10 AMP
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

Galatians 3:29
And if you belong to Christ [are in Him Who is Abraham's Seed], then you are Abraham's offspring and [spiritual] heirs according to promise.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 17:16-34, Job 6-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Corinthians 13:7-14, Isaiah 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:08am On Jul 06, 2016
Call To Divine Fellowship - Wednesday, July 6.

Pastor Chris

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ (1 John 1:3).

The highest and most important purpose of Christ in the plan of redemption or salvation is the call to fellowship. The reason Jesus died for our sins is because fellowship with God wasn’t possible, until man was saved from sin and its consequences. So, salvation from sin was a means to a higher purpose, which is fellowship.

Fellowship is a call to oneness; it includes participation, partnership, association, communication, contribution, communion, and intimacy. Can you imagine that God calls us into such a fellowship, where everything He owns belongs to us, as much as it does Him? Is that a possibility? Emphatically yes!

That’s what Christianity is about; we’re in fellowship with the Father, and with His Son, Jesus Christ. This is the most sublime of all the blessings in Christianity—our inextricable oneness with the Lord. The prayer of Jesus in John 17:20-21, where He said, “…That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us...” is fulfilled in us today. We’ve become one with divinity. We’re in Him, and He’s in us.

Through the Spirit, you’ve been immersed into Christ, literallyee joined with Him as one divine creation. You ought to enjoy that fellowship every day; it’s not something you go into and come out of, for you’re in Him, and He’s in you. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation….” Colossians 1:27 says, “…Christ in you, the hope of glory.” So, just like Jesus, you’re in Him, and He’s in you.
No wonder He says greater is He that’s in you than he that’s in the world (1 John 4:4). The consciousness of this truth will change your life forever, and give you a unique mind-set, where you walk in victory and dominion in everything and everywhere. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the awesome privilege of being in union with you, and the bliss of fellowship with your Spirit. I’m lifted and transported by the Holy Ghost into the glorious and higher realms of life, where I only see and relate with the realities of your Kingdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

1 Corinthians 1:9
God [is] faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 6:17
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

2 Corinthians 13:4
For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 18:1-23, Job 9-11

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 1:1-9, Isaiah 26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:29am On Jul 07, 2016
Acknowledge That You’re Special - Thursday, July 7

Pastor Chris

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it (Matthew 13:45-46).

There’re people who like to tell us that we’re not very special. Even sometimes in the church, there’re those who, when they’re called to give a testimony, would say, “God did such-and-such for me, not because I’m special.” But you’re special. People make such statements out of ignorance, and a seeming show of humility. You’re peculiar.

You’re special to God. You’re His pearl of inestimable value. It’s not pride to acknowledge and affirm that you’re special.
Remember, God gave birth to you. James 1:18 says, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.” It’s absolutely impossible for God to give birth to “nonentities” or “unworthy servants” that some Christians unwittingly arrogate to themselves, because He reproduces after His own kind. You’re the crown of God’s creation, the best of all that He made.

Our opening Scripture says the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking goodly pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought the pearl. You’re that pearl of great price, and that makes you special before God. So, don’t look down on yourself; you’re worth the blood of Jesus.

1 Peter 2:9 AMP says, “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.” A clear understanding of who you are, what He’s made you, and your inheritance in Christ will boost your confidence and faith in Him, and your opinion and perception of yourself.
Be bold to affirm who you are in Christ.

You’re God’s special possession; His anointed one, called by His Name, and made in His image and likeness. Be conscious of your real personality; you’re royalty, a peculiar treasure, a king-priest unto God, appointed to reign and rule in the earth. You’re special; acknowledge it, and walk in that consciousness.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for who you made me in Christ: a pearl of great price and inestimable value. I walk, conscious of who I am, as I manifest your virtues, excellence, and wisdom to my world, taking my place as a king-priest, and making manifest the character of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Exodus 19:5-6
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth [is] mine: 6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These [are] the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Luke 12:7
But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 18:24-19:1-7, Job 12-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 1:10-17,
Isaiah 27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:51am On Jul 08, 2016
Jesus Is The Answer - Friday, July 8

Pastor Chris

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12).

There’s no religion, no religious leader, no methods, or medium under heaven for man’s salvation, except by the Name of Jesus. As clear as this is in the Scriptures, there’re some who contend with it, stating that there’re many ways to God.

But this is the Word of God! There’s no other name under heaven, given to men for salvation, except the Name of Jesus. In John 14:6, Jesus said unequivocally, “…I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

There may be many that are called gods, but there’s only one God, and one mediator between God and men—the man, Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5). He’s the only One who reconciles men to God; the only One who bridges the gap, and makes friendship and peace between God and man. This should be your conviction, and enough motivation to preach the Gospel.

Romans 5:1-2 says, “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” Man had no hope until Jesus came.

Man had been separated from God, and from His glory; there was no way for him to be reconciled. That’s the reason for all the religions of the world; they’re seeking a way to come back to God. But Christ is the answer. He made it possible for us to receive the God-life, ushering us into God’s presence.

As a Christian, you must be absolutely convinced that there’s no salvation in any other but Jesus. Be convinced that He’s the answer, the water of life to quench man’s thirst forever. He’s the only hope for the world. Man is doomed without Jesus; so let’s not act or pretend as though there’re alternatives. Jesus is the way—the ONLY way.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your grace that’s manifested to save, heal, deliver, uplift and prosper all those who embrace the Gospel of Christ’s saving power today, as it’s preached around the world. Through renewed efforts, I’m committed to world evangelization, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

John 14:5-6
Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Romans 5:1-2
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Philippians 2:9-11
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth; 11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 19:8-41, Job 15-18

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 1:18-2:1-2, Isaiah 28
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:27am On Jul 09, 2016
Be Courageous With The Truth .
Saturday, July 9th .

Pastor Chris

Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:6-7).

There’re many in the world who are yet to hear the Gospel of Christ. In some places, Christians are attacked and killed, with many forbidden to profess Jesus openly. But none of these is new. The apostles faced similar persecutions, but they remained courageous until the end.

We must therefore be courageous with the truth in the days in which we live. Courage is the ability and the will to do what’s right or necessary even in the face of threats or adversity. It’s the will and ability to stand for what’s right in spite of opposition. Therefore, be courageous in affirming your faith in Christ, no matter who your adversaries are.
Be courageous in giving life, strength, and light to others. Courage is what got the Church of Jesus Christ to where it is today.

The apostles and prophets of old weren’t afraid of kings, nobles and wicked dictators who opposed the Gospel; they sure weren’t afraid to die. Fear is the biggest killer in the world. Many people die, not out of persecution, but out of fear. Refuse to fear!
There’re only two that have a responsibility for your life, whether you live or die: God and you. If God doesn’t sanction it, no one can kill you. If you say no, then it can’t happen, but if you let fear in, then you become a victim.

Therefore, be strengthened with the strength of God; refuse to fear any man, systems or governments. Affirm your faith in Jesus Christ as the Lord of your life, and be bold to preach the Gospel without fear or intimidation.

Confession...
The greater One lives in me, and I’m sufficient in His sufficiency. My life is hid with Christ in God, and as I go forth, fulfilling the will of God, nothing shall by any means hurt me. By the power of the Spirit, I’m hauling the souls of men from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Judges 6:14
And the LORD looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Acts 18:9-10
Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: 10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 20:1-16, Job 19-21

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 2:3-12, Isaiah 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:20am On Jul 10, 2016
Quit The Struggle - Sunday, July 10

Pastor Chris

For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:7-cool.

Some Christians struggle and work so hard to get God’s approval. They believe they have to “pay a price” to attain certain blessings or to get to certain heights in their lives, but it shouldn’t be that way. Some even have the notion that fasting and prayer is a form of price to be paid to attain some spiritual heights, but that isn’t right. Fasting and prayer are for devotional purposes.

If you’re planning on paying a price for the anointing or anything for which Jesus already died, then you don’t believe what Jesus already paid was enough. No more sacrifice is required for you to walk in, and manifest the glory of God. Therefore, quit the struggle.
What did David do for God to make him king of Israel? He did nothing; it was simply God’s choice. What did Abraham do for God to choose him and make him great? He did absolutely nothing; God just chose to bless him.

Moses said to the children of Israel, “God blessed you because he loved your fathers” (Deuteronomy 4:37). He didn’t say because your fathers “paid the price”; but because He loved Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
What did Joseph do for his father Jacob to love him and give him a coat of many colours? Nothing; it was his destiny. Solomon didn’t pay a price to be the wisest man that lived in his day; God just loved him. No wonder when he was born, he was named “Jedidiah,” the beloved of the Lord (2 Samuel 12:24-25).

The Bible talks about the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow (1 Peter 1:11). There’s no need to suffer and struggle to become who and what you already are; Jesus paid the price for you to live the transcendent life. The Bible says His divine power (not your hard work or toiling), has given you everything you need for life and for godliness (2 Peter 1:3). Therefore, live in His glory. Enjoy Christ and quit the struggle.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the life of rest that you’ve called me into. I function from a vantage position of rest without struggles, worries, or anxieties over anything. Jesus paid the price for all things; and now I live a life of glory, grace, favour, and increase, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Hebrews 4:10
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his.

1 Peter 1:10-11
Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace [that should come] unto you: 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 20:17-38, Job 22-24

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 2:13-21,Isaiah 30

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:57am On Jul 11, 2016
Don’t Give In To Sickness - Monday, July 11

Pastor Chris

My son, attend to my words…For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh (Proverbs 4:20-22).
The Hebrew word for “health” in our opening scripture is “marpe,” which means “medicine.” If someone were sick and dying and got a hold of the Word, he’d be healed and restored, because God’s Word is medicine.

It brings to mind the testimony of a certain brother; he’d been diagnosed with cancer which, for many, is a death sentence. However, rather than being discouraged, he made up his mind to act on the Word for a miracle. He got several of our messages and listened repeatedly for weeks.

After sometime, he went for his next appointment with the doctors and they couldn’t find any trace of cancer in his body. The Word of God effected a cure and completely eradicated the cancer. Are you facing any challenge in your physical body today? The Word of God is medicine! Not only does the Word destroy sickness from the body, it keeps it immune to sickness, disease, and infirmity.

Don’t give in to sickness. Christ already consummated the plan for your divine health; So, it doesn’t matter what the health condition is; place your hand on it and say, “In the Name of Jesus, I refuse to accommodate this infirmity.” Whatever part of your body the challenge is, tell it off in the Name of Jesus. You have authority in that Name; use it.

Someone might have been suffering with migraine or heart trouble for a long time; it’s time to say, “No.” Understand that Jesus took care of every form of pain that could have come to you. The responsibility is now yours to establish that victory in your life!

That heart trouble is unnecessary; it’s time to drop it. Yes, you can, even NOW. You say, “heart, become normal, in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth”; and it shall be so.
Live in health. Choose to be full of life every day! Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the entrance of your Word brings light to my heart and produces health in my body. Your Word is working in me, making me healthy, vibrant, strong, and productive today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:

Exodus 23:25
And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

Isaiah 33:24
And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein [shall be] forgiven [their] iniquity.

1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 21:1-16, Job 25-28

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 3:1-12, Isaiah 31
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:04am On Jul 12, 2016
You Don’t Need To Ask Him - Tuesday, July 12th .

Pastor Chris

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them (Mark 11:24).

More often than not, people think the purpose for prayer is asking God for things. Prayer isn’t about asking God for things. It’s just that the word, “Prayer” is a generic word, but many only look at one of its synonyms, which is to ask or make requests; but there’s more to prayer than making requests and entreaties. The higher purposes of prayer have nothing to do with asking for things.

Due to the misconception of the purposes of prayer, when some Christians read our opening scripture above, the next thing that comes to their minds is making requests of God. But that scripture needs to be well understood. Jesus didn’t say, “What things soever ye ask for, when ye pray…”; He said, “What things soever ye desire, when ye pray….” He didn’t say you should ask!

This means, when you’re praying, whether in praise or in worship, and you have a desire, just believe that that desire has been granted you. You don’t need to ask Him! The Bible says, “…for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him” (Matthew 6:cool. He knows what you desire; He knows your heart. Therefore, your times of prayer aren’t times of asking Him for your desires, yet you can receive anything during prayer.

Prayer primarily is a fellowship; it’s communication with your heavenly Father. As you fellowship with Him, because He knows exactly what’s on your mind, you say, “Thank you Lord, for they’re granted!” You may not even mention them, but your Father who sees the heart, will grant your desires.

Practise this from now on, if you haven’t been praying like this. As you speak in tongues in fellowship, praising and worshipping the Lord, receive whatever you desire of Him. Don’t speak them out, but you must be specific and declare that they’re granted you. This is a principle in the Kingdom of God; practise it, and you’d be amazed at the result. Praise God!

Prayer...
Precious and loving Father, how awesome is your Name in all the earth! Your love reaches to the heavens; your faithfulness is everlasting. You feed all humanity from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your river of delights. As I enjoy a rich time of fellowship with you in prayer today, I receive all my heart’s desires, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Romans 8:27
And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.

Proverbs 15:11 CEV
If the LORD can see everything in the world of the dead, he can see in our hearts.

Romans 8:32
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 21:17-36, Job 29-31

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 3:13-22, Isaiah 32
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:41am On Jul 14, 2016
Be Zealous For The Lord - Thursday, July 14

Pastor Chris

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent (Revelation 3:19).

There’re Christians who are laid-back spiritually; they’re lukewarm, neither hot nor cold. They think of themselves as “normal” Christians. They jeer at some others as “too spiritual” or fanatical, but they themselves are spiritually inactive, lethargic and complacent about the things of the Spirit.

The Lord’s disposition towards such spiritual lassitude and ineffectiveness is revealed in Revelation 3:15-16. He said, “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot. I would thou wert cold nor hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” This is serious, coming from the lips of the Master.

A Christian who remains lukewarm could end up going to hell. Every one of us must take a stand for the Gospel and be effective in our Christian walk. Be on fire for the Lord. Lukewarm Christians are usually expressionless, even during worship in church; they’re just there. Everyone else could be dancing to the Lord, exuberant with worship and praise, but they would be wondering, “What are they dancing about? What’s all the excitement about?” No matter what the Pastor does or says, even when everybody else is laughing, they’re straight-faced.

When the Pastor says, “Let’s worship the Lord with our hands lifted,” their hands don’t go up; they lack the enthusiasm to truly worship God. If you’ve been that way, the Lord says, “Be zealous therefore, and repent.” To be zealous means to be afire. It means to let your spiritual fire burn with unquenchable intensity. The Lord Jesus said, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 5:16).

Let the things of the Spirit excite you. Get into the flow of the Spirit. Be known as a burning and a shining light. Be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).

Prayer...
Dear Father, the zeal for the things of the Spirit and for the expansion of your Kingdom has consumed me. I’m a burning and a shining light; I’m fervent in spirit, serving the Lord, putting on righteousness as a breast plate, with my feet shod with the preparation of the Gospel of peace. I’m full of passion for extraordinary impact with the Gospel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Romans 12:11
Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 22:22-23:1-11, Job 36-39

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 4:1-11, Isaiah 34

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 237
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.